• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Hero Fallacy

Caffeine_Obsessed

Lost: Marbles
Ok! So this is based around a personal story idea I had rattling around in my head for quite a while now- but all I have is a few characters thought up IN the story- not much about the ACTUAL story. So, I thought ‘HEY! Why not try and make up a story with someone else?’ The idea seems like it could help- but anyways enough of my ramblings.

This is an isekai story- cliche and un-original I know 🥲

You will be playing alongside my character Aiden Adler. You can either choose to be in the world Aiden is in, or from an alternate dimension/world, or from the another world in general- I don’t mind which.

19 year old Aiden Adler is a nobody. A nobody who has an amazing younger brother, Ambrosi Adler- Age 17. The perfect person. Everything Aiden did, Ambrosi did better. Every accomplishment Aiden achieved, Ambrosi did it first. Despite being younger, Ambrosi was everything Aiden wasn’t. He was the outgoing star. The perfect son, having the perfect heart. He was- well… perfect. There was no question why Aiden envied him.

On a particular bad day, Aiden went to a thrift store to buy his sorrows away with more junk that he could attach himself way too easily to. He left with clothes, small glass statues, a broken music box, and a book that had no cover. Mysteriously, there weren’t any words either. Except of course, for the first page. “Read this book for another life.” Tiny words, in the bottom right corner of the page, nearly undetectable. Aiden bought it as a joke. It was simply a ridiculous thought wasn’t it?

After a week of stuffing everything he bought away until he eventually forgot about them, he searched for the book, just having the memory of it popping into his mind. His brother had been gone for a few days, and his parents were pestering him to see if he knew where Ambrosi was. He didn’t of course. They weren’t ever really all that close. But it was quite odd for the perfect son to disappear out of the blue like that. Did Ambrosi finally reach his rebellious phase?

It wasn’t until he found his book, searching in the last place he could think of, where he knew where Ambrosi had gone. His unremarkable book… was sitting right on his brother’s bed.

So yeah, basically you write your name in the book, and POOF you’re in! Though the name disappears after you enter. It’s just a basic fantasy world- though I’d love to build more on it with others, if you’re into that!

I have a few characters other than Aiden that we’ll meet later on, and of course you can make other side characters as well! I’d also love to build more on the plot! As of the moment- I haven’t really gotten anything.

Oh yeah- one thing I DO have. Basically our main characters are people that are envious of someone. Someone who had entered the world BEFORE them. It doesn’t have to be the same situation as Aiden of course XD it doesn’t even have to be family!

Also, the people who entered the world before our main characters, THEY are presumed to be the “heroes” or the “main characters” to the people of the new world. So once our characters enter they’d be like- “um… who the hell are you? We already met our main characters didn’t we??” XD anyways just thought it was a fun idea.

One thing though- time works differently in the other world. What’s the difference? We’ll figure it out together!

Oh right- requirements!

1. Build with me!
As I stated before, I don’t really have an idea on the plot other than what I said- so I would love to make up the story with others! Even the world!

2. Have patience please
I have terrible mental health, and sometimes avoid stuff if I’m feeling too pressured. Though if I am gone for over a week- update me! Bump me! I might still not be able to respond to the post yet, but I WILL let you know what’s going on!

3. Let me know stuff
If you’re feeling bored, having lost passion, busy, or just have an idea to add one- please tell me! It’s very helpful to know this stuff- I promise I won’t be too upset!

4. Grammar
I get we can’t get everything right- I can’t either! No one’s perfect XD Though I’d really appreciate somewhat decent grammer. Sometimes if it’s not- it can really take me out of it 😓

5. No one liners!
I get short posts- but just please no one liners. {Secret code here to check if you read this all, “Marbles found” please include it if you DM me!} A paragraph is enough if the time comes for that!

I can write about 3-5 maybe more maybe less, so the length doesn’t bother me as much!

6. DONT god mode.
If need be, we can discuss the actions of our characters together- but please don’t control stuff without discussing first!

Aannndddd I thinkkk that’s all? If you have any questions let me know!

DM me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back