• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Help of Fletcher Estate

ashen.eidolon

where do we go now but nowhere?

• bad43970f0c8d50c74058a2b42f599d3.jpg

Fletcher Estate, hidden behind ageless trees overflowing with Spanish Moss, surrounded by elegant, humidity drenched gardens... You've heard of this place, maybe if you've been lucky enough you've even seen it before. Unlikely, however, as the Fletcher family is known for their reclusive tendencies. The most affluent family in town by far, they can afford the most extensive staff of maids, butlers, gardeners, and tutors for their children. Many years ago, they possessed such a staff, with over fifty of the local townsfolk employed at their estate, they provided jobs over the last century that kept this town afloat.

A decade ago, something terrible happened at the Fletcher Estate. Their staff never returned to their homes one night after a fire, and whether their own family suffered any loss remained a secret, their bodies buried in the cemetery behind their home. Condolences were issued by letter from Mr and Mrs Fletcher to the families of their help, and the family was not heard from again.

Ten years later, as the town beyond their estate has begun to suffer from poverty in the wake of all the jobs lost, there were suddenly new ads in the paper.

Fletcher estate looking for help, after ten years in solitude.

You carefully consider the ad, because, after all, your family needs to put food on the table. Perhaps you have others to care for, or if you don't, perhaps you have dreams to fund. There's talk in the town that the estate is cursed, that there was never even a fire... After all, no one saw any smoke. But... Something about it has called to you, or maybe some other reason forces your hand.

You answer the ad.

I'd love to apply for musician or maid if and when this gets more traction :)

if you're still going forward with this, I'd love to apply for the cook or something!

Hey everyone, I am going to go ahead and create a character sheet for this sometime this week since I believe it does have enough interest now.

In the meantime thanks for responding and I'll tag everyone once that's done, and no worries if you're not interested anymore I know it took a while to get enough people involved 💖

I'm interested in the sleuth! What sort of time period is this RP set in?
So I was gonna go with it being based around the late 1800s but I'm giving it some fluidity for people to be creative with it. Nothing super solid but that's the guideline 😊

I will have a character sheet up and ready to go tomorrow morning sometime. Maybe tonight if my schedule permits, but probably tomorrow morning. 💖

SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles rakshasa rakshasa hinode hinode sprouhtt sprouhtt -ferret- -ferret- SkyGinge SkyGinge PainterFight PainterFight

once again, absolutely no hard feelings if anyone is not up for the roleplay anymore, but for those who still are, the character sheets are here and I will make an OOC on discord and invite everyone soon.

I am highly likely to approve all characters, but since there are a few that have more than one person interested in them I will say it's application based for now. <3

also for now, no deadline. I will set one once we've all started working on them.

Last edited:
Awesome!

Just as a heads up, I can't promise to be too active on discord. I just find it to be quite overwhelming, but I'll try to be around for important discussions and share the occasional meme

Awesome!

Just as a heads up, I can't promise to be too active on discord. I just find it to be quite overwhelming, but I'll try to be around for important discussions and share the occasional meme
I absolutely understand and will make sure you're updated on any necessary information when the time(s) comes.

SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles rakshasa rakshasa hinode hinode sprouhtt sprouhtt -ferret- -ferret- SkyGinge SkyGinge PainterFight PainterFight

once again, absolutely no hard feelings if anyone is not up for the roleplay anymore, but for those who still are, the character sheets are here and I will make an OOC on discord and invite everyone soon.

I am highly likely to approve all characters, but since there are a few that have more than one person interested in them I will say it's application based for now. <3

also for now, no deadline. I will set one once we've all started working on them.
Is there a link to the CS Thread?

Another couple of quick questions if you don't mind:
  • I'm presuming this is set in England/Great Britain given the old stately manor setting and the rough Victorian time period?
  • Given my character's history (applying for Sleuth) with both parents killed in the fire, would it be feasible for him to be somewhat familiar with the family and the Butler? I gather that the family have changed a lot since he was young (and I plan to have had him leave the village after the tragedy) but is it feasible that he would have met them before, and particularly to be familiar with the Butler?
    [*]Are realistic art-style faceclaims ok or do you want full on real life models?
Thanks! I'm aiming to get my character up either tonight or tomorrow :)

Another couple of quick questions if you don't mind:
  • I'm presuming this is set in England/Great Britain given the old stately manor setting and the rough Victorian time period?
  • Given my character's history (applying for Sleuth) with both parents killed in the fire, would it be feasible for him to be somewhat familiar with the family and the Butler? I gather that the family have changed a lot since he was young (and I plan to have had him leave the village after the tragedy) but is it feasible that he would have met them before, and particularly to be familiar with the Butler?
    [*]Are realistic art-style faceclaims ok or do you want full on real life models?
Thanks! I'm aiming to get my character up either tonight or tomorrow :)
The setting is actually more based off of the American south! But I didn't want it to be too strongly any one *real* place since it's kinda parallel reality so it's no stress to portray anything totally "accurate". It's meant to be a little mixing pot of our own design with the base kind of being like Louisiana or whatever. But again I wanted to give people room to be imaginative so that everyone feels free to create something within the world.

And yes I think that could work fine, he definitely could've met the family before and also the butler. I'll have him up before too long depending on what my schedule ends up permitting tomorrow.

And real life models or descriptions or some mixture of the two are both acceptable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back