• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Helldiver- An RP to sit back and relax at a weird bar [Open]

Asmodeus
|

|
Asmodeus nodded, waiting patiently at the bar. His interest took turns many times, and, from what anyone who paid attention could see, he took immense interest in any men who walked near him, especially any men who were big in stature, especially if the power in their arms or thighs bulged out like they had taken steroids. Whenever one of these men passed by, however, he'd blush and hide his head in his arms. Despite being so friendly and outgoing, he appeared to have a shy tendency to him. His eyes, big and lovely, reflected a darkness deeper than the pits of Hell itself, as if he was always on the edge of sanity and hellfire.

The Figure turned their head and inspected not only the newcomer but the conversation they underheard in the distance.
Adjusting their mask, the figure turned to their new friend and nodded, before beginning to slowly walk over to the bar in long strides.
Leaving a note to Price: "I hope we talk again"
Once the Figure reached the bar, they sat slowly on a bar seat, and acted like they weren't there.

The Figure turned their head and inspected not only the newcomer but the conversation they underheard in the distance.
Adjusting their mask, the figure turned to their new friend and nodded, before beginning to slowly walk over to the bar in long strides.
Leaving a note to Price: "I hope we talk again"
Once the Figure reached the bar, they sat slowly on a bar seat, and acted like they weren't there.
Asmodeus
|
|

Asmodeus stared at the figure, interested by this individual. He smiled in a friendly way, most intrigued by the odd clothing and mask. "Hi! I'm Asmodeus! Who are you?"

The alien scientist sat in a chair close to Asmodeus. Then he proceeded to take a look at the wolf before deciding to start a conversation "who exactly are you?" He asked

"Ehh, it's fine, I'll just get a P.O. Box... or maybe I'll just direct all my mail here," Val mused with a grin. "But hips, huh? I should have known; they made that whole game about 'em, after all." Again, she shrugged. "Well, like I said, it's a thought. I'll make sure I give you ample warning ahead of time so you can get ready to throw all of his courtship letters into the furnace. If we get lucky (and he doesn't), maybe we won't have to buy any fuel this winter."

To Jazuzu she nodded. "Yep. That was what they called me, back when i was in the business. Don't go blurting it out at any opportunity though, it's got a bit of... unfortunate history to it." She looked straight at the bouncer as she downed the rest of her drink, tossing the glass into the washbin. "The kinda history that tends to get people with black helicopters and blacker hearts to show up at your doorstep unannounced."

"Anyway, lemme know when you guys do poker next time and i'll swing by. If you're lucky I'll bring a couple of bottles of weird stuff. For the moment though, duty calls." She tossed off a nod to the big guy and a salute to Lucy as she sauntered over to where the small group of conversants had gathered about the bar, some of their faces familiar at this point while the wolf-man's visage was brand-new.

"Evening, folks, and for those of you new here, welcome to the Helldiver. Name's Val, and I'm here to mix drinks and change lives. Mostly the former though, as that's what I'm paid for; the other stuff's off the clock. What can I get you guys?"

FloofWhispers FloofWhispers StarskiTM StarskiTM Sir loin of beef Sir loin of beef

Last edited:
With a loud tearing sound, like that of paper being shredded by claws, a small portal took shape on ceiling of the 1st floor of the bar. Immediately, a humanoid figure fell through with a loud yelp of surprise. He looks to he a human male, approaching his mid twenties with tanned skin covered in brutal scars, as if he were mauled by some massive beast. He wore a simple black shirt with the words “Puurrraise Satan” and a cat underneath, as well as baggy cargo pants held up by a thick belt. His eyes are crimson red, and his hair is a messy dark brown with red dyed streaks. Freckles dot his cheeks, which becomes more apparent when he sits up from the floor, the light catching his bewildered expression. “What in the Nine Hells..” He rubbed the back of his head and looked up at the now closed portal. “Where…?”

"Oh, someone new." Preciala exclaimed as she saw the newcomer fall in. That's starting to be a trend. "Be right back." She told Price as she walked over to them. "Hey, welcome to the Helldiver! I'm Precial, one of the bartenders. Come on over and order yourself a drink." She tried to greet the man in an effort to calm him down since he looked extremely confused. Wouldn't be the first. "Nice shirt." She added after examining him.

"Oh, someone new." Preciala exclaimed as she saw the newcomer fall in. That's starting to be a trend. "Be right back." She told Price as she walked over to them. "Hey, welcome to the Helldiver! I'm Precial, one of the bartenders. Come on over and order yourself a drink." She tried to greet the man in an effort to calm him down since he looked extremely confused. Wouldn't be the first. "Nice shirt." She added after examining him.
He jumps up to his feet, brushing himself off. “Thanks! Sorry for the spontaneous entrance, I promise you it wasn’t by choice.” He smiled sheepishly. “I’m Atemos by the way. Do you sell non alcoholic drinks here by any chance? I’ve been banned from drinking. Also… where am I, exactly?”

"Hey, you're not the first person who dropped in through a portal." Precila raised a hand and motioned to follow her "Lets get you something to drink then. Water ok for now? its free." She led Atemos to the bar, allowing him to sit and for her to get behind the counter. "Eh, nobody's gotten stabbed yet, so don't worry about it." She added as she filled a glass. "As for where you are, you're in the Helldiver. A bar in the space between space."

"Ehh, it's fine, I'll just get a P.O. Box... or maybe I'll just direct all my mail here," Val mused with a grin. "But hips, huh? I should have known; they made that whole game about 'em, after all." Again, she shrugged. "Well, like I said, it's a thought. I'll make sure I give you ample warning ahead of time so you can get ready to throw all of his courtship letters into the furnace. If we get lucky (and he doesn't), maybe we won't have to buy any fuel this winter."

To Jazuzu she nodded. "Yep. That was what they called me, back when i was in the business. Don't go blurting it out at any opportunity though, it's got a bit of... unfortunate history to it." She looked straight at the bouncer as she downed the rest of her drink, tossing the glass into the washbin. "The kinda history that tends to get people with black helicopters and blacker hearts to show up at your doorstep unannounced."

"Anyway, lemme know when you guys do poker next time and i'll swing by. If you're lucky I'll bring a couple of bottles of weird stuff. For the moment though, duty calls." She tossed off a nod to the big guy and a salute to Lucy as she sauntered over to where the small group of conversants had gathered about the bar, some of their faces familiar at this point while the wolf-man's visage was brand-new.

"Evening, folks, and for those of you new here, welcome to the Helldiver. Name's Val, and I'm here to mix drinks and change lives. Mostly the former though, as that's what I'm paid for; the other stuff's off the clock. What can I get you guys?"

FloofWhispers FloofWhispers StarskiTM StarskiTM Sir loin of beef Sir loin of beef
Asmodeus
|

|

The wolf man smiled and repeated his order of rootbeer floats, with a smile that lit up the room. He obviously was timid, yet outgoing, conflicting in nature. His tail wagged with a furious intent, his eyes glistening with naive curiosity. Needless to say, he was cute, being so short and plump.

The gold coin slid off onto the counter as Val teased the paper from beneath, reading the order aloud. "Watered Vodk-" Val repeated quizzically with a raised brow, her voice rising in pitch before realization hit. "Hang on, you're the one who tossed that paper plane from earlier! You're luck I didn't reflexively throw that thing back..." She shook her head. "Well, I'll make your drink, but at some point you're gonna have to explain to me why in the world you want a tall glass of blah."

Val took a few steps back towards the shelves on the back wall and selected a mid-grade vodka; hey if this weirdo was willing to plunk down a krugerand for a watered down drink, she figured she'd at least make sure the ingredients were decent. A healthy pour of the bottle went into a shaker, followed by two scoops of crushed ice. With a tap of the lid atop the shaker's base to seal it, she hefted the vessel aloft and began to vigorously heave it to and fro, the vodka and ice sloshing about inside and making for quite the cacophany. Some time later she cracked the seal with a careful smack of the lid, straining the new chilled and diluted contents into a cocktail glass. "Well, here you are, one watered-down vodka. Part of me wants to garnish it with an olive, but I'm not gonna lie, this is still kind of a weird drink for me to behold. Welp, anyway, enjoy." She scooped the gold coin up with one hand and triggered the cash register with the other, and quick as a flash the payment had been deposited within.

"Hokay, now then... right, wolfie, you said you wanted a rootbeer float; easy enough." Val grabbed a glass mug from the overhead hooks and scooped it through the icebin before filling the remainder with the soda gun she plucked from just behind the counter. Reaching into the crock of utensils she'd spied earlier, she grabbed the ice cream scoop before going off in seach of the freezer. She returned one scoop of ice cream later, plopping it atop the drink and adding a bright red maraschino cherry on top for good measure. "Hope you don't mind vanilla ice cream; i think that's the only flavor I spotted in the freezer." She slid the concotion over the big furry boy before following it with a spoon and a small pile of napkins. "Figure you'll need those, am I right?"

"And then there's you, squirt," Val concluded her duties with, now facing the alien scientist. "You gonna order anything, or just sit there asking questions?"

am I right?
The Figure shook their head, no, in confusion. Taking a drink of their Watered Vodka the figure started writing.
Sliding the freshly ripped paper over slowly. " It is not as strong as normal Vodka, and is healthier than other drinks, most places don't serve it oddly enough, they just laugh, or refuse, or think I am fooling around. I really don't understand the problem with it, I just want to drink water, but with alcohol. I don't like alcohol, but I don't seem to ever get drunk either, I drunk pure 99% alcohol before, and it was very painful, but I never got drunk. Thank you for the drink, and I hope that pure gold coin can cover the newcomers drink as well, I don't want anyone to be in dept. "
Forrin- The Figure, takes another drink of their water+.

The gold coin slid off onto the counter as Val teased the paper from beneath, reading the order aloud. "Watered Vodk-" Val repeated quizzically with a raised brow, her voice rising in pitch before realization hit. "Hang on, you're the one who tossed that paper plane from earlier! You're luck I didn't reflexively throw that thing back..." She shook her head. "Well, I'll make your drink, but at some point you're gonna have to explain to me why in the world you want a tall glass of blah."

Val took a few steps back towards the shelves on the back wall and selected a mid-grade vodka; hey if this weirdo was willing to plunk down a krugerand for a watered down drink, she figured she'd at least make sure the ingredients were decent. A healthy pour of the bottle went into a shaker, followed by two scoops of crushed ice. With a tap of the lid atop the shaker's base to seal it, she hefted the vessel aloft and began to vigorously heave it to and fro, the vodka and ice sloshing about inside and making for quite the cacophany. Some time later she cracked the seal with a careful smack of the lid, straining the new chilled and diluted contents into a cocktail glass. "Well, here you are, one watered-down vodka. Part of me wants to garnish it with an olive, but I'm not gonna lie, this is still kind of a weird drink for me to behold. Welp, anyway, enjoy." She scooped the gold coin up with one hand and triggered the cash register with the other, and quick as a flash the payment had been deposited within.

"Hokay, now then... right, wolfie, you said you wanted a rootbeer float; easy enough." Val grabbed a glass mug from the overhead hooks and scooped it through the icebin before filling the remainder with the soda gun she plucked from just behind the counter. Reaching into the crock of utensils she'd spied earlier, she grabbed the ice cream scoop before going off in seach of the freezer. She returned one scoop of ice cream later, plopping it atop the drink and adding a bright red maraschino cherry on top for good measure. "Hope you don't mind vanilla ice cream; i think that's the only flavor I spotted in the freezer." She slid the concotion over the big furry boy before following it with a spoon and a small pile of napkins. "Figure you'll need those, am I right?"

"And then there's you, squirt," Val concluded her duties with, now facing the alien scientist. "You gonna order anything, or just sit there asking questions?"
Asmodeus
|
|

Asmodeus happily sipped at his drink, obviously enjoying himself, watching the people inside the bar cruise by, and he obviously found the place enjoyable, especially when interesting men came by and sailed around him. He had a knack for making small squeaks when flustered, and just then, he did. He looked even cuter, with his face appearing red in the dim LED light of the bar's neon signs.

Val took up the piece of paper to read over. "Well, that's a new one," she muttered, tossing the slip away, "but if it's what you want, it's what you want. That said, you might want to stay away from anything above 190 proof. They have to add benzene to get any higher than that, and that's not exactly a mixer you want to be taking. Anyway, good news is that coin should be good to cover you and your furry buddy." She glanced over at Asmodeus as the wolfman nursed his rootbeer float, a note of amusement showing on her face as he made his small noises.

"So anyway, what brings you all to this joint today? Looking for some company? Or just need somewhere to unwind?"

Last edited:
The figure continues to take small sips every now and again while listening to their surroundings, thinking the question wasn't for them.

45a4339bcdcba8ab44b8337c0f4e5e8c.png

Interactions: StarskiTM StarskiTM
Mentions: Breadman Breadman

Price found himself encased in somber silence. A resolute fire burned within his chest as he reminisced his service to the Grand Army, always being deployed from one location to the next, pointing, shooting and never really giving much thought to his circumstances or his purpose. Well, he of course had a purpose alongside his fellow brothers, but where this figure was able to travel freely in search of a lost home, his home was a few system jumps away from being destroyed. Perhaps it already was as soon as he entered this place. Looking down and pinching the bridge of his nose, he blew out a sigh.

“I appreciate your company. Never had much time to talk with others in my line of work. Wouldn’t think a dimensional tourist would stop to talk with a soldier like myself.” Price finished with a half-chuckle. He lifted his head and gave the figure a smile, before his eyes wandered to the interior of this cavernous place; taking silent notes of the denizens around him. The others didn’t appear to match the traditional description of ‘alien’- they were something he could only fathom existed from places like the Uncharted Territories, and that unnerved him.

"Soldiers are one of the best to listen to." Forrin writes into her note, gathering responses to give when they next meet.
Taking another sip of their alcohol water.

45a4339bcdcba8ab44b8337c0f4e5e8c.png

Interactions: StarskiTM StarskiTM
Mentions: Breadman Breadman

"To that, I'd disagree. Well- where I'm from, anyway. Depending on who you ask in my place, the Jedi are the wisest. Or the Sith, or the Force. We just fight the bad guys we're told to fight, really."
Price sighed.

[Why yes, I am posting after nearly a month of inactivity to see if there's still interest]

"Hey boss, you with me?" Orlo snapped a finger under Lucy's nose to get her attention.

"Hm? Oh, yeah I'm just...thinking about something." She looked around her bar and felt like its been a hot minute since she last observed the place. Has it really been? Must have lost herself in thought. Jazz was back at his post, having switched places with Orlo. The big orc now taking his place at the bar, warming up the chair and reaching for his own break-time refreshment. Some mixture that passes for grog where he's from. Lucy could never figure that part of the green man's diet out. He drank the stuff like it was water.

Val was already working at her new position, freeing up Precila and Harry's time so they could also focus more on their own clients. Izzy had moved on to a different corner at the bar as his contact finally showed up for their shady Plumber dealings.

"Yeah, thinking. Right. Seemed like you were having an out of body experience there."

"And you're my doctor now?" Lucy crossed her arms and gave him a raised eyebrow. "You don't need to worry yourself about anything, alright? I'm good."

"You've had those before." The orc drank down half of his mug "Just go on auto-pilot for a while and do minor stuff."

"Like what?" She placed her hands on her hips while looking to her bouncer quizzically.

"Glasses have been polished so hard you can see some other-world reflection on them, the booze got reorganized and I'm absolutely sure nobody asked you to prep the food for the sports crowd." He was listing off the accomplishments on his big green fingers as Lucy took notice of each one as he mentioned them. With an index near her lip she was really confused at her own ability to just...do things like that. "Thanks for saving me the trouble, by the by."

"How many times have I done this before?"

"Like five or six?" He shrugged. "Happens once every few decades. You just start and do your thing for a while and we don't bother you cuz you might be in your zone or something."

"And when was the last time?"

"Let me think." He scratched his bald head with his palm trying to recall that day in particular. Finally he snapped a finger "Right, it was when you lured that warlock guy. You remember him right? Tall, blond, permanent 5'o clock shadow."

"Smocked like a chimney and wore a shirt, tie and big trenchcoat." Lucy looked up to the ceiling for a second as she remembered that particular person. "I remember John...he was something special."

"Yeah him and Izzrovut." The orc finished his drink while looking away as he could feel his boss' death glare on him. "Anyway, you had another episode a few hours before...that. You just went on auto-pilot for most of the day prepping things and doing things here and there. Then pretty boy shows up and you're fully awake and ready to go."

"So what, you think I'm ready to savage someone who comes though the door because of it?"

"I hope not. You're scary enough as is." The former warchief poured himself another drink while laughing at his own joke. "But seriously, that was an isolated incident. Other times you leave that mode, you just carry on like nothing happened."

"Lucky John, I guess." She poured herself a glass of tears. "I guess I was having an out of body experience or something." She mused as she looked at the liquid swirling in her glass "Maybe I should lay off this stuff?" A solid few seconds passed as the two looked between each other and they shared a laugh "Yeah, right." Lucy downed a third of her drink and returned her attention to the bar. It was about time for the 'night' crowd to start shuffling in. Some more tonight on account of it being time for sport. "Lets set the mood, shall we." The bar owner clapped twice and the ceiling started to move and shift. A few TVs emerged from the newly opened up nooks and crannies. Each displaying a different channel with a variety of sports being made available.

"I can't ever get used to you doing that."

"Getting magic and tech to work together like that was brutal, let me tell ya." Lucy sighed "For Lyubo I mean. He spend weeks up in the crawlspace hooking everything up."

"To the janitor." Orlo raised a toast and he knocked the glasses together with the boss. Now both of them waiting for tonight's patrons.

"So yeah, like I was saying, I was curious where you get your ties from? I got all of mine as part of some bulk buy at a salvage warehouse store but they're starting to kinda show their age, so I figure I should get to- WOAH!" Val cried out in the middle of her side conversation with Priscilla as previously hidden devices revealed themselves from various corners of the Helldiver, including one she'd been leaning precariously close to. "Yikes, okay, wasn't expecting that." The quarter-demoness took a moment to inspect the panel closest to her, an appreciative nod given as she recognized the quality of the TVs. "Yeesh, Boss didn't cheap out on these; ultra high def blur-free wide-angle panels with anti-glare and predictive scan technologies? I'd be impressed to see these in the main console of a remote surveillance system, nevermind in the middle of a bar showing off the backside of some enormous man hunched over a ball. I'll have to ask her who her supplier is..."

The cravatted bartender (the one with the horns, that is) made her way across the bar to get another dram of whiskey from the house bottle, dripping bitters atop a sugar cube and dropping it in with an orange slice to make an ad-hoc cocktail. "Not bad, boss," she gestured with the drink towards the new nighttime setup. "Didn't realize you could get sports broadcasts in here, on account of all the multidimensional interference. So, uh... anything I should be keeping my eyes out for while the sports crowd rushes in? Or just keep the drinks flowing and one eye peeled towards the, ah, equipment drawer?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back