• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Helldiver- An RP to sit back and relax at a weird bar [Open]

Dr. Veli listened to the conversations happening all around him as he sipped his second drink, but said nothing. Although he found the newcomers interesting, he had little to say to, or about, any of them as he finished the glass. Maybe it was because Ginny was finally being quiet, and he didn't want to encourage her to pipe up again. Whatever the case, he stood, thanked the bartenders for another reprieve from his tumultuous conquest of Verdana, and placed a small bag of gems on the counter to pay.

"Can we go now?" she whined.

The doctor nodded. "Indeed. Get in the saucer, Ginny."

The gerbil stepped over and hopped into the flying saucer before a mischievous grin crossed her face that caused Veli to stop in his tracks. He had forgotten to cuff her wrists, having unlocked them earlier so she could drink her water. A moment later, she ducked down and yanked the hatch closed before he could do anything to stop her.

"H-hey!" he yelled, pounding his fist on the side of the craft. "That's my saucer! Give it back, you're a rodent!"

Instead, the saucer lifted about a foot off the ground, wobbling dangerously in the air towards the bar itself. Thinking quickly, Veli began twisting the face of his watch and pressing the buttons on its edges, which apparently granted him control of the craft. He steered it back to the middle of the room, chuckling to himself as he pressed another button. The craft began to spin, faster and faster, until Ginny could be heard shouting, disoriented inside.

"There, that should keep you busy!" the doctor declared as he departed the bar, the spinning saucer following behind him.

Moving behind the bar, Val gave a low whistle as she pored over the small arsenal concealed beneath the counter. "Yeah, yeah I think I can work with that." Already her eyes bounced between the items on offer and the various distances, approaches, and angles of attack that could used with each in defense of various portions of the bar. Easy Val, you're not here to be a one-woman army. With a final nod and a thumbs up, she slid the drawer closed, returning it to its previous state.

The Codex Cocktarium greatly interested her, and just for fun, opened it up as she began to focus on a particular drink. Before long she stopped flipping pages, and there before her was a well known recipe.

Ingredients

Boiling water, to fill a mug

4 cloves

1 lemon peel or wheel

2 teaspoons demerara sugar or brown sugar

1/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed

2 ounces whiskey (bourbon, rye, Irish or scotch)

Steps

Fill a mug with boiling water and let stand for a minute or two to warm.

Meanwhile, stick the cloves into the lemon peel or wheel and set aside.

Empty the mug and fill about halfway with fresh boiling water.

Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.

Add the prepared lemon peel or wheel and stir.

Add the lemon juice and whiskey, and stir again.

For a stretch of time she stared at the recipe, her lower lip slightly bit in a complex mix of both fondness and discomfort, before closing the book and setting it atop the counter top. "Not bad, certainly beats trying to badger other bartenders for their mixes. I've found our brethren can be really possessive over these things." A frown quickly plastered itself on Val's face as she continued, her tone growing irritated. "I understand wanting to preserve your livelihood, but I'm pretty sure anybody who frequents some tony uptown place with a view of the city skyline isn't gonna delve literally into the bowls of hell itself to get a martini." She grumbled angrily before taking a breath. "Sorry, personal rant, please continue."

"Ooooh here we go, now we're talkin'." Val held her hands out at the various bottles of liquors and spirits on display. "Come to mama!" I'll assume it's okay if I stick my own personal house bottle of brown stuff with the bottom shelf stuff; don't wanna influence what folks chose to get, after all." A careful gaze leveled itself upon the reagents that warranted top shelf treatment, and the once-again bartender's eyes flitted over to Lucy as she spoke. "Anybody in particular I should be paying attention for? Last thing I need is to get on some Pit Lord's shitlist; I don't doubt the effectiveness of the health insurance policies here but, uh... well how's that warning sign go? 'Not only will this kill you, it will hurt the whole time you're dying'?" She scrunched her face up and gave a perfunctory shrug. "Something like that."

She mostly nodded through the remainder of the lecture. Special ingredients were nothing new for her, though she was curious about some of the distillations she'd spotted earlier, as several of the bottles seemed to swirl or bubble limitlessly, like a beaker of some heinous chemical undergoing constant reaction. "Gotcha, no tongues in beer unless a patron asks. And then they gotta pay." Self-defense was likewise not an issue, though it wouldn't hurt to hear what Jazz had on offer, and money similarly was at least manageable, if not quite where she'd want it to be. Maybe she'd ask Harry if he had any tips for cutting down on her cost of living. Then again considering Harry... She winced and decided to hold off for the moment.

At the topic of cooking she held out her hands in fierce protest. "Oh, nooo no no you don't want me going anywhere near a stove unless you either want everybody to end up with burnt food or food poisoning. Seriously, you're lucky I don't burn the water I use to make my ramen. But I don't mind helping with the prep work; when I offered to barback I figured I'd be doing some of that anyway. And I'll have you know I'm death on two legs with a potato," she said, jerking a thumb back at herself with entirely too much pride, "get me within a five feet of a spud and you're gonna see some shit, sister."

Her bombastic self-adulation was cut short though as from the other side of the bar, a new voice spoke. "Oh, the first outfit is free?" Val said, beginning to turn back around, "that's really nice of-" At that moment, the portions of Val's brain involved with the formation of speech immediately melted and turned to slag. For all the discretion and poise she'd demonstrated previously (or at least thought she had), everything went out the window the instant she laid eyes upon the muscular wrath demoness. The bartender's eyes went wide as they took in the jacked biceps, the massive quads. "I... uh... half off..." she stammered, her face starting to tinge pink as her gaze now wandered towards where rippling abs were being just barely contained by the straining cloth of the muscle shirt the massive demoness wore. "... y-yeah, half off would be good..."

Thankfully the smaller demoness's addition to the conversation was able to pull away Val from her unsolicited feast of the eyes. "Y-yeah, that is kinda nice of her," Val responded, wiping a bead of sweat from her rapidly reddening face. "I, uh, have to thank her the next time she's in. I don't have much fashion sense," she admittedly sheepishly, "My closet looks like three more of these, and then like a set of sweat pants thrown in the corner." Her eyes unconsciously crept over to Noel's companion. "For exercise." She forcibly ripped them back.

As Val continued to sweat, she motioned towards Lucy. "Hey, uh, boss, you mind if I take a quick smoke break before I get started? I, uh... just need a breath of fresh air for a sec to uh... clear my head."

Last edited:
"Easy enough." Harry grabbed one of the promotional bottles and slid it over to the alien creature.

"Certain bottles have labels on the back. Rule of thumb is anything a demon can drink will go through a mortal person's body like glass through paper." The demon grabbed one of the bottles to show the label before putting it back "We have a few esteemed guests, yes." Lucy snapped her fingers and a short list materialized in her hand. "Kassidy and by extension, her two friends here." She motioned one hand towards Mackenzie and Nöel "Her brother, Kelly, is also a friend. The rest you'll figure out right away. Xrithin is one of my father's top men, but he pays just about any ridiculous price I give for his drinks, so he gets to stay. You'll recognize him instantly, looks like a Clive Barker character."

"Since when do you read books?" Izrovut piped up.

"I like to know how mortals imagine we look like." Lucy shrugged "If he knew that he guessed some of the worst bastards from Hell, he'd either shit himself or try for something harder." She turned her attention back to Val. Who was now looking like she was sweating her way out of a sauna. "Take the time you need, Val." She looked to Mackenzie and back to her new bartender "There's still time till its real busy."

Precila served the good doctor as he was finishing his drink. She lifted her to say bye, but was nearly hit in the face by the saucer. The young bartender breathed a sigh of relief when the thing was finally under control and not in danger of decapitating someone. Damn rodent. Maybe that's why the doc hated them.

Val gave a wordless nod and stepped hastily back out the door she came in, tossing out a rushed apology to Jazuzu as she slid by the bouncer demon again. Emerging into the dimly lit street, she darted back to the alleyway she'd originated from and scampered up a fire escape before lying flat out on one of the landings, the palm of her hand ground against her forehead. "Ughh, Val, really?" she groaned from her elevated perch, "twelve seconds into a new job and you're already getting the sulfur bubbles for a customer?" She sighed. "Never mind how bad that looks from a professional standpoint, haven't you learned from the last time you did this? Maybe you forgot just what all is in that bauble you keep around your neck..."

She grumbled, lifting herself to a sitting position before reaching into a vest pocket to withdraw her packet of coffin nails and bite down on one. A rapid flick of a lighter later and the small paper cylinder began to smolder, offering its deathly delights to the currently conflicted demoness. She inhaled, setting the terminus of the cigarette aglow with the rush of oxygen to its tip before it smoldered into ash. A few moments later, the nicotine now happily mingling within her bloodstream, she exhaled, sending a gray cloud that much like her confidence dissipated into the chill air of the night. "'s been a while since you had to resort to one of these, huh Val," she muttered, lowering the cigarette in two pinched fingers to gaze at introspectively. "Guess things haven't exactly gone the way you hoped, huh?"

A few more puffs of the cigarette, a few more deep breaths, and Val, still no wiser to the way of the world, had at least gotten her heart rate below hummingbird-level. No longer looking like a drowned rat she stubbed out what little remained of her cigarette and flicked it away to the pavement below, the discarded butt bouncing into some unknown corner to undoubtedly join its brethren. Then, with one single motion she took hold of the guardrail before her and vaulted over it, the scrabble of her boot heels the only sound indicating she had landed. Again straightening her tie, she ambled back into the Helldiver and gave a small wave at Lucy to indicate she was ready for her first day's shift.

Last edited:
Noël watched as Val's face turned red, struggling to keep her eyes off Mackenzie, and a sly grin slowly stretched across their face. Mackenzie seemed a bit clueless about it, really. Mack always seemed to be that way when anyone showed any sort of attraction to her. As Val quickly departed for her short smoke break, Noël nudged Mackenzie with their elbow. "New girl likes you." they said quietly, as Mackenzie looked their way.

Mackenzie cocked an eyebrow. "Huh?" she asked, confused. Noël shook their head, pouring another shot into the glass before them. "Nothin'. I'll let you figure it out." they muttered, before downing the fresh shot.

Mackenzie eyed Noël for a moment, before shaking her own head and looking back to Lucy. "So! Seen Amriel lately? Figured he might have came by. Kass mentioned seeing him here a few times, when the Archangels don't have him up to his neck in paperwork." she soon asked.

"Sounds like you've had a lifetime and a half already." Harry said as he poured Elizabeth another glass of whiskey. "By all means, tell me your favorites!" The skeletal bartender got visibly exited. As much as one could observe anyway.
A smile crept up on her face from Harry's comment about living a lifetime and more, maintained by fresh whiskey being poured her way. "Yeah... does sound like that, doesn't it?" her smile subsides a bit as she looks back into her mind.

"Alright... favorites... fought a demon for a week straight which ended in a friendly draw... stole the same aerostatic leviathan twice... convinced an immortal dragon with to take a chance and drink some hot chocolate. Some of my friends favorites include having a chat with the last living god, reclaiming a village from a giant Kutsi, and... and getting help from a hero to take down a bandit king. You can ask Markus, the, uh, captain I talked about earlier for more favorites, these are all I can think of from the top of my head that I enjoyed somewhat. He's written a whole book on our journeys too, so he'll offer plenty of stories. He's still writing, actually. Asks me for help sometimes, but... my prose is lacking and I'm not much of a writer myself."

The figure waiting for a response from their new friend, looked over, hearing talks of interesting stories.

Lucy could only hazard a guess as to why Val suddenly needed a smoke break. Though the mental note on how she was tracking Precila earlier and then proceeded to look at Mckenzie, it started to paint a picture. Not the first time something like that has happened in this bar, likely will be far from the last. She proceeded to clean some more glasses, while Val was away, tapping her foot to the jukebox's music.

Mackenzie broke her out of the small trance to ask her something.

"Oh, Amriel? Hmm, haven't seen him in a week at least. I think he's doing ok" She rubbed the back of her neck trying to remember where that angel had been "At least he was last time I saw him."

"He's fine, boss." Jazz interjected as he got closer to the bar. "Had to see to him the other day. Was sloshed enough he couldn't stand on his feet, let alone fly." The wrath demon sat down on a chair next to Izzy "Anyway, break time, where's the wine?"

"Jazz..." Lucy spoke with an annoyed tone in her voice as she uncorked the wrath wine "...how many wings did that angel have again?"

"Two." he held out a paw with that amount of fingers extended. "Why?" He seemed genuinely perplexed by the question. Izrovut looked away to conceal his laugh, pretending to cough.

"I swear by the Pit sometimes..." Lucy squeezed the bridge of her nose."...enjoy your breaktime, hun." She turned to Nöel, a tortured smile on her face. "He's a keeper isn't he? How's your drink by the way?"

Harry shrugged but returned his attention back to Elizabeth as she spoke more about her adventures.

"The demon sounds like the wrath variety we have guarding the bar." He added while Elizabeth listed off her other accomplishments. " Leviathans, dragons and gods." Something resembling an impressed whistle came out of where his mouth would be if he had a lower jaw. "I'm very jealous of you, to be honest. Most I ever accomplished was venturing into the underworld to grab a crown." He shrugged "Can't complain though. Life of adventure is full of twists and turns." The skeleton thought about something one of the things she mentioned. "Never could imagine just talking to a god at all though. Let alone the last living one. How did that go?"

Last edited:
"Never could imagine just talking to a god at all though. Let alone the last living one. How did that go?"
"For me? I wanted to kill them. Their bullshit rules about 'interference' to make sure they never take responsibility for the mortal world's happenings. Said their only job is to prevent other dead gods from interfering too much, with all the vagueness that entails," she takes a few sips of her whiskey. Clearly agitated, but it helps calm her somewhat, "For the others... most of them loved the god. Hm, maybe that's too strong. Like, I should say. They liked them," another sip to satiate the nerves, "I left before we could talk with each other much. Said I better get used to my predicament. Such a bother..." she shakes her head, giving a dismissive wave of her arm, "Sorry, that's all I have to say about talking with them. And don't be too jealous of... nevermind, think what you will."

"Oh?" Something about the way she said the last part piqued his interest. "If you don't mind me asking, what is your predicament exactly? Can swap stories as to we each ended up where we are."

Val slowly acclimated to being behind the bar again, her eyes flicking back and forth across the counter to begin spying the location of various implements. To get herself into the groove, she decided to start by restocking a nearby garnish tray, grabbing a lemon from the fridge over in the corner and plunking down a small wooden cutting board before her. As she began to dig into the citrus fruit's flesh, her hips swaying to the thrumming music playing over the air, any watching her would see her expertise on display, as her knife tore through the yellow fruit in rapid, even cuts. Half the lemon flew apart into wheels which were wrapped and stacked back into the refrigerator, while the other half was sliced and diced into chunks and unceremoniously dumped into its waiting receptacle tray. She did similar for an orange and a lime, and then began pitting a few olives with the same blade, the tip of the steel edge dancing like a surgeon's scalpel. Pearl onions made their way next to the olives, and then beside them bright red maraschino cherries, until finally with a satisfied look she clunked down the lid to keep them all in place.

"Right, time to mix drinks and..." From a quick glance down the line the other tenders were pretty handily keeping things moving, so none of the front-line patrons seemed to be particularly looking for anything. "Huh....ah." Her well-trained eyes spotted the lack of drink in the beefy demoness's hands; she had seen her signal for another drink earlier but Val had been too busy lassoing her hormones to immediately serve it. Now however, she was in a better mindset, though there was still no denying the pitter-pattering of her little heart as she stepped up to the mountain of muscle. "Right then, you said you wanted another beer; anything in particular you're looking for?"

Something that the group had said just moments before finally caught her attention, and much like many times before, her brow raised. "Hold up, we've got Archangels coming by now too?" she asked Lucy with a touch of concern in her voice. "Are you guys timing it so they don't cross paths with your dad, or do you just make them all pay for the inevitable bar fight?"

Last edited:
"Right then, you said you wanted another beer; anything in particular you're looking for?"

"Oh, another one of these." responded Mackenzie, holding up the empty Burnout Plum microbrew bottle. "Pretty wicked stuff."

She glanced over towards Lucy afterwards, as Jazz spoke of helping another angel out of the bar days before. "Yeah, Amriel has four wings, not two. He's one of those... uh... Supervisor types. Forgot exactly what they're called up in Heaven. He rides a desk."

She returned her attention to Val afterwards, chuckling. "Nah, doubt any of our Archangels would come here. They're the pompous types, and look down on us 'radical' types down in Hell." she explained. "Amriel's one of the ones that get so stressed out with life in Heaven. It may be bodacious for mortals up there, but it sucks to be an angel. Unless you're an Archangel. Or the divine one himself, but like the Morning Star, nobody's heard from the old man in a while."

"He's a keeper isn't he? How's your drink by the way?"

"Love it." responded Noël, looking back down into the empty shot glass again. They had lost count of how many they had drank, but poured another anyway. "Just what I needed, honestly."

Once it was poured, they quickly slung it back and gulped it down. After a quick wince and cough, they grinned. "I don't want to drink it all, so... what else you got?" they asked, pushing the bottle forward along with payment for what all they drank. In reality, they overpaid, but they didn't care at the moment.

"Oh?" Something about the way she said the last part piqued his interest. "If you don't mind me asking, what is your predicament exactly? Can swap stories as to we each ended up where we are."
Elizabeth squints her eyes. After checking around the room for anyone staring at her unduly, she turns back to Harry, her voice naturally lowering, "To sum it up quickly... I can't age and I can't die. Gakko-mun said - er, the last living god, that's their name - said I have an eternity left to cheer up, so I should start wanting to live my life to the fullest. Pfft, easy for a god to say," a quick sip of her whiskey again. It happens to make her cough this time.

"Ugh... don't know if you noticed, but I never asked for it. Just... happened to win it. As a prize. For being a stupendous piece of shit," she laughs, surprising herself, "And now I'll outlive anyone I make friendships with... outlive nations, cultures... technologies and ideas... they will all be a passing memory for myself one day. Guess I'll be some use to historians, maybe. At least there's that," a final sip of her whiskey finishes it. The ice jingles around the glass as she dangles it from her fingertips, "Been trying to end it on my terms. No such luck," she squints, "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Could I get a refill for my whiskey, please? With that, can you, um, tell me how you ended up as a shining example of calcium?"

"Ahh, don't worry about it, newbie." Jazz responded to Val while grabbing his wine, he started drinking straight from the bottle at what some could consider a concerning pace. To him it was normal. "Haven't met an angel I can't tussle with and the stooges old Smaragt hires can't fight their way out of a paper bag." He added after setting the bottle down. "Even fought a living saint one time."

"She beat your ass." Lucy added with a almost mocking smile.

"She cheated."

"This was back before we left." Izrovut had turned back to face Val "Jazz was tasked with leading an incursion and underestimated just how much mortals will fight for their homes. That particular realm had some nuns acting as its protectors and their champion attained sainthood just in time for a showdown." He glanced back at the bouncer, who was now looking at him with crossed arms and an annoyed look "The 'cheating' was him showing up in a fully infernal armor getup and she brought a heavy machine gun."

"Not his finest day." Lucy concluded the story with a giggle while she grabbed the bottle from Nöel. The Angelfire was doing its job, but now they needed a bit of a stabilizer. Money would cover it just fine. "I believe I have something just for you." She wondered if demons from their Hell would handle mixing drinks like this, but there was one way to find out. Blackbeard's rum was a favorite among the more rowdy bunch in her father's domain, but it had the quality of countering the bad effects of the Angelfire on demons while keeping the buzz going. Worth a shot. Lucy poured Nöel a glass and turned her head to Mackenzie "I heard your Lucifer up and vanished from Kassidy. Real weird that he did that, but isn't the only one. Must have really rocked the rulers off their cushy jobs." She stopped for a second realizing something and turned to face Val again "Before you ask, no I'm not a version of Lucifer. I'm just named after him."

At the other side of the bar Harry was sitting quiet as he listened to Elizabeth share her tale and her pain. The skeleton grabbed the glass and poured her another round before placing it back.

"That bad of a deal, huh?" He nodded a bit thinking where to start his own "A deal's a deal and you are asking politely. Like I said I was an adventurer too. Me and my childhood friend set across the uncharted world seeking highs only the rush of danger could give us. Me and him, we would do it all. From fighting bandits, to riding exotic beasts and defeating monsters. Over the course of our years, we grew closer and were...more than friends." He picked up a glass to clean "But as fate would have it, he came down with an illness that would be his undoing...unless I did something. You see, there was an old legend that if you would sneak into the underworld and take the king's crown, you could reverse death's advance. A stupid desperate hope, but you try telling me that back then." He shrugged "Love does that to people, you know? But I did it. I snuck my way past the death guards, the Cerberus and into the palace. I found the crown unattended and took it. I never ran as fast in my life, but it was worth it. I didn't even feel exhaustion when I made it back. I placed the crown on his head...and it still didn't work." He stopped what he was doing and placed both hands on the counter

"The legend was incomplete. The crown works, but only for the one who takes it. For their feat, they would become a prince with immortality, but for their audacity, they are only capable of so in the Underworld." He sighed "Years passed and my body withered, but the crown remains." He pointed to the horns protruding from his head with one hand "It may not seem like it, but Lucy did me a favor when she recruited me for this place. It was an opportunity to escape that Hell of my own making and I would be a fool not to take it." He sighed again, but quickly followed with a weak laugh "You can probably guess that Harry is not my real name, but truth is, I forgot what it even was...and I think I like it that way."

"Right, comin' up." Val plucked a new bottle of the microbrew from where it was stored and uncapped it with a single swift pull of a churchkey, sliding it before Mackensie. "Oh wait," she suddenly added, reaching back out for the bottle, "let me get you a lem-"

Her speech halted midsentence as her fingers brushed against the larger demoness's, who had reflexively taken hold of the bottle before Val had realized it. "-on..." Her hand lingered for a few microseconds longer as her brain sought to catch up to the current situation before she jerked it away as if touching a lit stove. "A-ah, sorry!" She quickly scampered away to the garnish tray before returning, plunking the lemon wedge into the top of the bottle like a cork, and retreating to embarrassed silence as Noel pontificated on this particular archangel, nodding along in comprehension as she snuck glances at her companion to try and gauge just how bad of a hit to her image she'd just taken.

"I guess like all bosses, they're relying on proper delegation to take care of their duties at this point?" she eventually eeked out, "it's not a concept I'm unfamiliar with, to say the least. Still, the concept of a beleaguered archangel is certainly a change of pace from the default image I have of the sort; then again, I can't exactly say the one I knew was particularly exemplary either given her, ah, destructive tendencies." A slight wince accompanied what were inevitably a few choice memories passing through Val's mind.

Jazz piping up made Val turn in place, this being the first time she'd seen him not simply being an intimidating sentry at the front door. "Ah shit, nuns with guns, yeah dude you can't underestimate those. The academy I went to back in the day had tons of those types and lemme tell ya, you're lucky she only busted out the HMG. You'd be surprised at the artillery pieces you can fit under one of those habits. Still, good on you for sticking it out." She raised a fist to bump with the door guard. "Oh, before I forget, who's Smaragt?"

Off in the corner, the conversation between Elizabeth and Harry drew her attention, but she was too involved at the moment to pay too close attention. She would have to investigate this woman later.

It wasn't very long before Noël was drinking from the glass that had been set before her. Rum! And really good rum at that. Lucy really did know what to pick. They listened in, though, as Lucy brought up their universe's Lucifer to Mackenzie.

"I heard your Lucifer up and vanished from Kassidy. Real weird that he did that, but isn't the only one. Must have really rocked the rulers off their cushy jobs."

"Oh, yeah. It did." said Noël, speaking for Mackenzie before taking another sip of their rum. "Legend goes that the Morning Star, cast out of Paradise for his acts of defiance against the Divine, wished to create a place where there were no gods or masters to lord over anyone. A place where everyone could be loved and treated equally, regardless as to what they were. Angels, demons, mortals... as compared to the Divine one's idea of playing favorites."

"Well, in Hell, they tried to manifest that vision. And it went well at the start. They founded Dis, along with some of the demons they had created. You know the ones. Mammon, Asmodeus, Leviathan, Beelzebub, Abaddon, Belphegor... that lot. And over the years, according to legend, things were good. But then, everyone started to treat Lucifer like a king. Dis, and Hell itself, their kingdom. Demons and angels started to resent one another, and demons began to treat the mortals as the 'lesser than' when they eventually arrived there."

"Lucifer began to despise their own creations, and, in turn, despise themself for making them. This was far from what they had wanted in the first place. From what they had dreamed of. Eventually... Lucifer vanished. Probably had enough of it, and decided to just go somewhere else. The Princes and Princesses of Hell, as they had started calling themselves, panicked. There was no ruler now, and Hell needed one to function. So, they all agreed to take turns as the rulers of Hell till Lucifer was found or they returned."

"That was... thousands of years ago. Lucifer was never found, and the kings and queens gave up searching. One by one, the Princes and Princesses of Hell ruled as Kings and Queens. And one by one, they died off and were replaced by others. They call themselves Icons of Sin now, and answer to whoever is King or Queen. As for Lucifer... if they want to come back, they will. Otherwise, life goes on." finished Noël, taking another drink of their rum.

Mackenzie, as Noël spoke on their universe's version of Lucifer, smiled at Val as she stuck a lemon wedge on the beer. She loved lemons!

Last edited:
"Smaragt is how demons from our Hell call my father." Lucy answered Val's question before Jazz could open his mouth again. Last thing she needed was the old warrior to start a series of titles that seemingly never ended. "They call him that instead of his real name because he doesn't want to get calls in his off time. Its a word for emerald, since he likes that type of stone. Real name is in the title. King'pin" She rolled her eyes. "I'm lucky I didn't inherit his imagination." Her attention was drawn back to Nöel retelling what had happened with that particular Lucifer. "Really makes you wonder what the point of them ruling over Hell was if they can just up and vanish and things just going on as normal." She remembered what she was told the other day. How her father had replaced her with someone younger and it was business as usual not long after. Really felt loved by dear old dad there.

"If it works." Jazz shrugged, bumping his fist against Val's."Going back to the nuns. I'm getting a rematch with that bitch. I've worked out, gained mass and learned new tricks of the trade. Gonna break open that skull." The wrath demon gulped down the rest of the wine in the bottle.

"Well you're going to have to wait for her to come in here, big guy." Izzy tapped his cigar over the ashtray. Finally it looked like he made a difference in its size.

"One day..." He muttered threatingly towards an invisible enemy and shaking his fist. Eventually he would stop and be back to 'normal' "Anyway newbie, nuns and angels. What's your story with them?"

Val added her own two cents to Noel's remarks as the latter winded down. "Well, for what it's worth, I've seen what happens if you try to do the opposite. Create angels and demons and what not specifically in an effort to bring about a strict caste system. It breeds resentment, like you said. And at some point, somebody's gonna turn against the whole thing, and make a giant mess the entire way down..." she spoke, staring into the bar with a bit of a sad look. "...so really, it's just easier to just let folks be, and let society develop how it's gonna. It makes for a whole lot less heartache," she sighed, leaning on the bar.

Her eyes rotated over to Lucy as she responded for Jazz, a "huh, really?" followed by a chortle coming from her lips as the blue-blooded demon spoke her father's name. "Yeah, stick with 'Lucy'. Fits you better."

When Jazz finally spoke, Val nodded along to his vow to take on the nun again. "Hey, not bad. You'll have to show me your moves some day, I didn't get to see much more than the ending of whatever what was going on with that joker earlier," she said, motioning towards the door. "As for my story, well, that's easy. I used to be one, and I used to date-" She shut herself off mid-sentence with an abrupt silence, her eyes skirting away from any contact whatsoever. When she eventually spoke again she did so without any acknowledgement about what she'd just said. "I used to be one," she flatly stated, and left it at that, reaching back for the closest bottle of whiskey on the shelves.

Last edited:
"Used to be one?" Jazz raised an eyebrow at the thought of what she meant. The part she pretended to forged didn't exactly escape him, but he was more focused on the former. "One of those battle nub-types?" Lucy opened another bottle for her bouncer and switched it around with the empty one. "Now that's interesting. I've seen a lot of devout types turn to our side and vice versa, but for different reasons. Did someone make you a deal you couldn't refuse or did you just get tired of it?"

Lucy on the other hand tried to put it together in her head based on what Val told them so far. Half-demon, used to be a nun and dated...someone. She glanced towards Izzy for a second before looking back at Val. They might have shared a history of some rough relationships in their life if she was so quick to 'forget' mentioning it.

"Yeah, you could say that," Val responded dryly, the target of her response left deliberately vague as she lifted the bottle aloft in appraisal. Should be fine. Brown liquor splashed down onto crystaline ice cubes haphazardly arranged in a rocks glass, a healthy measure pouring into the cup before the demoness corked things off. She took a small sip, then began swirling the ice cubes around rhythmically as she peered into them like some kind of crystal ball. "Some years ago, the exact number lost to history at this point, I counted myself among the ranks of the Order of the Inquisition of the Septerran Church of the Creator. We were ardent defenders of the faith, always on vigil... and armed to the teeth. And though I held fast to the belief that my mission was just, only the most righteous zealot would call what I did justice." Her lips turned downward as her shoulders fell. "How fortunate that the Church was the perfect environment to embrace a man devious enough to take that mission and twist it into an ulterior motive..."

She shook her head, continuing. "But I degress. Let's just say that yes, at one point it was probably fair to call me a battle-nun, though recon-nun might be more accurate. For what it's worth, I still consider myself devout to the Creator, the Grand Architect of existence," she punctuated her words with a drink, "though it's a bit of a strained relationship these days, to say the least."

Last edited:
"You're Creator isn't big on demon stuff I take it?" Lucy interjected for a second. Izzy was trying to figure out if he had heard of that order in all the time he was an information broker. A name like that you can't forget. The length of it at least.

"Zealots make the best soldiers." Jazz would add his own two cents "Unflinching, fearless and crazy for your cause." He shrugged "Not the smartest either as evidenced by my temporary setback." Izrovut rolled his eyes at that statement. "You can only lead a pack of blood thirsty wrath demons for so long before you hit a wall. Something tell me that one guy you mentioned figured it out for himself."

45a4339bcdcba8ab44b8337c0f4e5e8c.png

Interactions: StarskiTM StarskiTM
Mentions: Breadman Breadman

“You seem like a genuine sort." Price quipped to the figure, seeing her head averted. "I'm guessing this is one of your travels? Or did you stop by here voluntarily?" Looking over, he took another sip of the punch and shuddered lightly. Damn, better than he remembered. Hopefully, they took Republic credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back