• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Helldiver- An RP to sit back and relax at a weird bar [Open]

"Alright, Val." Lucy grabbed another glass to clean. She waited for a second or two to let the new patron stop tracking her employee. "I wouldn't concern myself how much blood from x or y, you have in you. I've had my fill of pseudo-experts and it all seemed so strange to get hung up on when you're from Hell. I can't help but notice a big difference between us. Where I come from, mixed breeds have smaller horns." She pointed to her own gold tipped ones. "But I have to admit, yours are giving me some envy here."

"Eh?" Val eeked out in surprise, lifting a hand to the protrusions atop her skull. "Oh... huh. I admit I never really thought of them as much of a draw. Then again I suppose this is the first time I've really been among, uh, 'family', if you will. Generally I spend most of my time bumming around humans and the like, and they either are less than jealous, or just don't care. Or," she continued with a sigh, "they're trying to kill me and the horns are moot anyway."

"So how about you? Do you have a name, or shall I cycle through my thesaurus for "bartender" the night through?"

"Call me Lucy. Everyone else does and I prefer it that way." She glanced towards Izrovut for a second as he straightened up and dusted himself off. Wasn't long before he was once again smoking like a chimney. Then she glanced to McKenzie and then Nöel, both of them enjoying their drinks. Finally she looked to Jazz, who once again was engaged with something else not being guarding the door. "I never though about describing us demons and demonically inclined as 'family', but we do tend to run into each other frequently enough. But what about the humans in your world, Val? They seem more diverse than the types I've ran into."

"Oh ho, 'Lucy'?" Val suddenly piped up with a guffaw. "Now that's a name that's got some legs, if you know what I mean. All right Lucy, nice to make your acquaintance." The vest-clad demoness sipped from her drink. "Anyway, ah, 'fraid there's a bit of a misconception there. Technically the humans in my world aren't exactly the type who would welcome a pale-skinned, red-eyed abomination straight out of the bad parts of their scriptures. They were more the 'trying to kill' me end of things I just mentioned. No, the folks I tend to hang around with are uh..."

She looked around the bar, eyes poring over the surrounding clientele. "Well let's just say they'd fit right in here."

"You mentioned you were also a fellow drink mixer so I guessed that you might have a better time with humans than most. Shame that mortals are usually like that, but we wouldn't be from the Abyss otherwise I suppose." Lucy shrugged. "Funny thing is. You're the first person I've met that is in a similar situation to mine. Partially demon, working at a bar. If you're not the owner, I can assume that they're at least keeping you well clothed, given your vest." She pointed towards Val's clothing, having had the chance to see the details better. She wondered if she could get another client for Kassidy. "You'd think that inter-dimensional bars would be a more common with how chaotic creation is, but its not so at all."

"But darling, I've been talking this entire time, I think its time you told me a bit about yourself, no?"
The red haired woman has been watching the stuff going on, not injecting herself at all before turning back to the bartender, bringing up a question from long ago as if it was mere minutes, "Just a mercenary for hire," she cracks her neck, "Doing jobs here and there. Don't really have a goal in mind. Name's Elizabeth," she nods, "I... think that's it. Gonna have to be more specific if you want something else."

45a4339bcdcba8ab44b8337c0f4e5e8c.png

Interactions: StarskiTM StarskiTM
Mentions: Breadman Breadman

“Thank you kindly, miss.” Price responded, taking a gentle sip. Almost instantly, his eyes widened and his nose scrunched a tad. The taste was similar, yet different- even better than how it was usually prepared. Turning his head back over to the figure, he nodded. “Right, then. You’re a traveler.. between realms. Can’t say I ever imagined that would exist. Well, then.. where to start.”

Price sighed, taking a deep breath as he pursed his lips. “The Jedi Order needed an army to help fight against the Sith Empire, and when we were created under the Republic, a bunch of systems seceded from Republic space; declaring their independence illegally. Well you could imagine the Republic wasn’t too pleased with the way it happened, and the situation devolved even more when the CIS, or Confederacy of Independent Systems, began hiring out droid production companies to supplement a military defense force to protect their interests. Then things got violent, and before we knew it, the Republic was at war. At least- that’s what I was told.” Price concluded with a nod, sighing. “That’s fair- wars would be fun to watch from the sidelines, if it wasn’t so personal you know?”

The figure fell back a little. Writing a nother note. "Yeah... I try not to get personally involved, but sometimes it's hard. "
Taking a sip from their new drink the figure starred downward at the table.

Val nodded along with Lucy's words. "Oh, didn't know you weren't a pureblood either. Guess demonic looks tend to pretty much blot out any other features we have, huh?" She downed the last of her drink and slid the empty glass over, knocking gently on the bar in the convential sign for another drink. "Just a beer this time, thanks. And yeah, I guess, though truth be told... things aren't going so great at my place. 's actually why I'm here. Kinda... lookin' for a bit of respite."

Just a mercenary for hire. Doing jobs here and there. Don't really have a goal in mind. Name's Elizabeth, I... think that's it. Gonna have to be more specific if you want something else.
"Mind if I butt in?" Harry said as he moved closer, now having restored his full faculties after being blown up by his boss. Lucy looked at him and shrugged, allowing him to take the lead with their patron "I have an interest in adventurer types. Was one myself back when...well you know." He said to Elizabeth while motioning with his right hand in an effort to draw attention to his appearance. "Mercenary work is a tough job, but you got to be full of stories. How about we start with the big questions, eh?" He seemed very jovial for someone who was just blasted to pieces. "Who was your favorite client, Elizabeth? Your favorite job? What were the people you worked with like?" He rattled off the questions as they came to mind before pausing for a second. "Oh, do you need something else to drink as well?"

Precila nodded her head as Price and the figure took their drinks. She lingered for a bit to see if they wanted something else to order, but it seemed like they were already having a conversation. She heard a few more things from the soldier that sounded very familiar to her, but couldn't place from where. She didn't want to just bug him rudely over it. That would be the opposite of her job. For now she just went to her spot behind the bar and listened to be on call for the clients.

Oh, didn't know you weren't a pureblood either. Guess demonic looks tend to pretty much blot out any other features we have, huh?...Just a beer this time, thanks. And yeah, I guess, though truth be told... things aren't going so great at my place. 's actually why I'm here. Kinda... lookin' for a bit of respite.
"Aren't we all?" Lucy picked the glass up and replaced it with a bottle of the micro brew she served Mackenzie earlier. Hopefully it tastes good to demons and half-demons from her planes. "You need to talk about it and I'm right here to listen to all of it, hon." She gave Val a reassuring smile.

For a moment Val simply stared back at Lucy in silence, a worn look on her face as she seemed to work over what she wanted to say. "Yeah," she finally let out, "yeah I suppose we are." She lifted the bottle in salute to the bartender.

"Cheers, sister."

Half of the brew went down before Val finally lowered the amber container back to the countertop, idly spinning it in place with her forefingers. "... I don't doubt that I do, and yet," she hesitated with, chewing on a lip, "I don't want to saddle you with yet another sob story that you've probably heard a million of already three minutes after walking into this place." She gripped the bridge of her nose and winced slightly, as if attempting to force a thought through her mind. "How about this. Lemme get to know you and, ah, this place a little bit better before I start dragging my own dirty laundry into such, all right? Sound good?"

She took a follow-up swig. "Why don't you start with how this place came to be? Unless that's a trade secret; I'll admit I'm lucky enough not to have to worry with mine because I have no godsdamned clue."

"I was talking about that earlier, but we never got into the details." Lucy pointed to Elizabeth "She was curious too and honestly, its a bit of a story." She was quiet for a second, trying to think of a good place to start. " I can talk your ear off all night about it, but how about I answer your question first and then you can ask me about anything else I mention. Alright, lets roll the film reel back to the start. My father is a Duke of Hell and I am his daughter made out of spite." She paused for a second, realizing how that sounds "I'm not interested in taking it out on patrons, don't worry." She waved her hand around a bit frantically "I did take it out on him and his friends." Lucy pointed to the large demon now at his post guarding the door. "That's Jazuzu or Jazz if you prefer. He was my dad's best soldier, but now he's my personal bodyguard and bouncer. He looks like a murder machine, but is really nice."

"You're not going to overlook me in your story, right?" Izrovut piped up with a grin, earning him a glare from Lucy. "Its only fair I get a mention."

"Yeah, Izzy here is an ass, but he's my ass." She reached to pour herself another glass of the wine she was drinking earlier. "Gave me the idea to split and form my own kingdom. That caught the attention of the Plumbers and nearly got us killed when we invaded a mortal realm."

"And my negotiation skills saved the day." He exhaled another cloud of smoke. Lucy made a mental note that the cigar in his hand was still the same size. What did he trade for an infinite one? "Turns out that the interdimensional police aren't as bad when you can give them information and Lucy here was a treasure trove of it."

"Mhm. After a lot of questions I was actually given a little corner in...how did they call it? The space between space? Something like that. Point is, they gave me a place under my control if I would keep my horns clean and tail out of trouble. I found out that this place touches other realities and such, so I had an idea. Why not make it a bar? I can make it work." She spread her arms in a grandiose fashion "And that's how the Helldiver was born and I've been providing drinks for its patrons ever since."

"I'm sorry dear, couldn't help myself."

"Who was your favorite client, Elizabeth? Your favorite job? What were the people you worked with like?"
Elizabeth gave Harry a raised eyebrow from question after question, waiting for him to finish.
"Oh, do you need something else to drink as well?"
She sniffed, "Just more whiskey," followed by an elaborate sigh, "One answer at a time from hereon out, alright? Hm, favorite client..." a hint of a smile creeps across her cheeks, "An eccentric, yet, um... surprisingly astute ex-aerostatic captain. I just call him Cap. Worked with him now for... I think six years now as a travelling companion. Uses my fighting experiences to help with certain situations he couldn't do himself. The people? Most are just those trying to get through life who had a problem out of their control. I'm not limited to hunting monsters, mind, but it seems that becomes the bulk of my work," she chuckles, "Being with the Cap, though... there's always a surprise in store with him. I can never figure him out. Plenty of stories about him I can talk about if you want."

"No worries," Val quickly responded with a wave in return. "Trust me, there are worse ways to come about than spite." As Lucy told her story the vest-clad demoness sat nursing her beer, glancing over to Jazz as the bartender pointed him out. "Yeah, I wasn't planning on challenging him to an arm wrestling match any time soon. Nice suit, for what it's worth; makes him look like a classy murder machine, which I can appreciate."

Izrovut's interjection grabbed Val's attention, her eyes poring over the cigar-wielding fellow. Now here's someone who looks like they don't mind delving into the shadier side of things. Her suspicions were proven correct mere moments later as Lucy continued, nodding appreciatively as she spoke how she'd carved out a claim in the ether. "Well, if there's one thing you'll never hear me argue against, it's the importance of information," she added. "Learned that well before I ever picked up a pint glass..."

She took a deep pull from the bottle before her, draining it and sliding it across the bar much like the rocks glass from earlier. "Well, anyway, that's awfully 'nice' of them, though lemme guess, they swing by every once in a while just to remind you about the 'favor' they did for you and pump you for more info?" She shrugged and leaned against the bar with both arms, laying her head atop them. "'s what I'd do."

Last edited:
"Sounds like you've had a lifetime and a half already." Harry said as he poured Elizabeth another glass of whiskey. "By all means, tell me your favorites!" The skeletal bartender got visibly exited. As much as one could observe anyway.

"Of course they do." Lucy shrugged and rolled her eyes at the thought of the times the Plumbers just barged in like they own the place. "Half the time anyway. The other time they come here to get sloshed, stoned and inebriated."

"I have a meeting with one later." Izrovut interjected again. "I work as an information broker, so I have them as a regular customer."

"And with each one he brings to my bar, they end up leaving with a lighter wallet." Lucy grinned. "Oh, I should say. The suits my staff are wearing and my coat are all tailor made." The demoness reached for a card she had on hand from behind the counter while also grabbing the finished bottle of beer. "A friend of mine is a miracle worker with the thread and needle." She handed Val the card. "Kassidy's rates aren't too steep either, so she might be in your pocket range."

"What else can I get you?"

A laugh flew from her lips as Lucy recalled the details of the Plumbers' appearances in the bar. "So even the interdimensional cops are human... or, well, "normal". In some ways that's a bit reassuring; it at least means dealing with them is playing by the ruleset, instead of trying to bargain with gods and metaphysical concepts."

She looked over at Izzy with a point of her finger. "You ever try to negotiate a deal with an entity of destruction? May as well light the paper on fire before the ink even dries; best bet is to operate in verbal terms and deal quick before something, or somebody explodes." She lifted herself up with another shrug and turned to face the demon straight on. "Henways, wouldn't mind putting a few irons in the information fire with these Plumber folks myself, but probably best not on this short notice; I'd rather go to bed tonight with the same number of holes in my body as I started with, thank you very much. Just lemme know if you hear any juicy deets, all right? I find it in my best interest to keep my ear to the ground, if ya know what I mean."

"Tailor-made you say?" Val inquired as she took the card, looking it over with a note of interest. "Hmm... given the, ah, unique seam allowances I need around the small of my back, I may yet just have to consider their services." She flicked her tail as if to punctuate the remark, the spade tip characteristic of her kind lolling upwards and downwards in a wave. "Judging by your own drapery, this Kassidy shouldn't have too much of a problem."

She finally looked back up to the bar owner and stroked the lines of her chin for a bit, before she responded to Lucy's request. "Well, this is gonna sound weird at this point, and it's definitely not what you meant, but, uh..."

"... a job?"

Last edited:
"There's a ton of things I can tell you right now, but it's expensive." Izrovut turned to face Val. He was quiet for a few seconds as he tapped on the bar with a finger and mulled something over. "Here's a freebie most people don't know. Plumbers are mortal, but their ranks are full of people who really don't want to be there in the first place. One day they wake up and find that someone or something boke their reality and in order for it to be fixed, they have to do some work for some higher power while it does the fixing. Bright side is that since their world is in stasis, they can't age or really die. They're not always the best to talk with, but can't blame 'em for dealing with that sort of shit." He shrugged. "Anything else I'll trade you for either money or if you got some nice gossip for me."

"Really, you're just gonna do your business here like that?" Lucy cocked an eyebrow towards him "Thought you'd be more secretive."

"Lucy, if I don't show I'm competent, what kind of broker am I?" Izzy fainted being hurt "She's not in a hurry, so she's got time to consider my offer. No skin off my back."

Well, this is gonna sound weird at this point, and it's definitely not what you meant, but, uh... a job?"
"Excuse me?" Lucy shook her head as the request came out of nowhere, completely blindsiding her. "Well I...huh." She though for a second as she looked to the other staff members. "I might have a position someone will need to fill. We're going to have more sigil stones installed in a few weeks for more worlds to be connected and we do have a planned event too." She scratched her chin with one finger "Hmm, I know you're a bartender. You clearly have experience. Tell me a bit more about yourself. What are the details that will make you stand out the most?"

"Ad hoc servants of a higher power who don't age or die..." Val trailed off with, an amused look on her face. "Well how about that. Sounds like quite the predicament for these folks; you're right, I guess I can't blame them for being a bit grumpy at times. Well," she continued, her brows raised in confirmation, "I dare say now you've got my interest quite piqued to meet one at some point. Sadly, I'll have to pass on your further offer for the moment," she said with a slight bow of the head. "If I had the former I wouldn't be asking for a job, and if I had the latter, I wouldn't be asking to meet with the Plumbers in the first place."
"Excuse me? Well I...huh. I might have a position someone will need to fill. We're going to have more sigil stones installed in a few weeks for more worlds to be connected and we do have a planned event too. Hmm, I know you're a bartender. You clearly have experience. Tell me a bit more about yourself. What are the details that will make you stand out the most?"

"Ah, I apologize, I probably should have lead into that better, I just figured..." Val stopped and shook her thoughts off with a wave before standing and straightening her clothing, paying special attention to her tie. "All right, I can certainly share more about myself, especially since you've done the service of telling me so much about you and yours."

"So first off, as you said I'm an experienced bartender, well versed in both standard cocktail mixing as well as crafting my own on request. Off the top of my head, I can name an "Oni's Blood", a "Dragon's Horde", and a "Cherry-Blossom Viewing on the River Sanzu" that I've made for, well, an oni, a dragon and her servant, and a ghost princess who wanted something a little bit different than just the usual fare. I can also hold my liquor like nobody you've ever seen, which comes in handy for the whole information gathering business you all seem to be fans of; there's a little saying where I come from that goes in vino Veritas, and you'd better believe I was trained to utilize all aspects of it.

"Okay, now some personal details. Val is short for Val'sharra, which in turn is short for Valentina de Sharra. I suspect you're starting to see why I tend to just stick with the nickname. For what it's worth, this Sharra ancestor of mine was some manner of Archfiend of Impetuosity, so if you're a spite demon, I guess that makes me a speed demon." Her lips turned upward in a pleased smirk at the clearly well worn play on the words she used before continuing. "I ride a motorbike faster than I probably ought to, I do parkour around cities for exercise, and-"

She smiled as she let the word linger. "-well let's just say paper planes aren't the only things I've caught in midair. Strangely enough though, now that I think of it, I've never been a fan of flair bartending despite all that. Huh." The lithe demoness seemed to think on the topic momentarily before giving a small dismissive shrug.

"Let's see other things... well, obviously I'm not exactly unfamiliar with dealing with patrons of all walks of life and/or unlife; and I'm usually pretty good at keeping an even keel at the bar. That being said, if things end up getting a little chippy I can take care of myself. I don't suppose you guys keep any particular manner of 'dissuasion device' behind the bar, do you?" she asked, craning her neck to peek along the cabinets as best she could from her current position. "If not, no worries; I have other methods of getting the point across."

She took a breath. "I also don't particularly have any obligations or agreements with any other entities that might come into conflict with any manner of employment at the Helldiver, for what that's worth. At this point you're probably going to ask what the deal with my bar is then, and I'll just be flat out honest. For the last half year or so, I've pretty much been the only meaningful patron, and it's kinda depressing." She gave a bit of a sigh, looking downtrodden. "I miss the vibrant atmosphere I used to have, and the ability to converse freely with all manner of people. It's what led me here, after all, that vibe..." she spoke, drearily reminiscing out a window, and for a while, it looked like this would be the end of her interview.

All of the sudden she snapped back to the present with a bit of a blush, rapidly changing the topic. "Oh, and one more thing. I have a bottle of Cursed Voodoo Pirate Rum that's been burning a hole in my back room just waiting to be used, and this looks like just the place to pop it open. So, uh... how's that sound?" she finished, sheepishly.

Last edited:
As Val prepared to talk about her credentials, a pen and clipboard materialized in Lucy's hands. She flicked the paper in order to have a fresh start for a potential new employee. Anyone looking close enough could spot the notes she had written before, pertaining Jazz's skating abilities.

"Knowledge of drink mixing and a few exotics you've picked up along the way? Impressive. Should save you time from looking at the codex." Another note is the variety of clients she's already served. Lucy didn't bother to mention it, but something like that is invaluable if they're going to work at a bar like this. "Oh don't worry too much about Plumbers or others questioning you. Me and Izzy complain, but its really a fraction of what we do here."

"Its the only way I can get in here for a drink anyway." Izrovut added as he palmed a handful of nuts. "Lucy gets a cut as hostess."

"Anyway." She rolled her eyes and focused on Val so she could continue "My actual name is a mouthful so I understand perfectly." Val's demonic heritage wasn't going to be an issue. It might be a boon for the bar if anything. Though the speed freaks from her own Hell would use up energy so quickly, they would eat insane amounts of food. "Hope your diet isn't dependent too much on a fast metabolism. Food delivery here is tricky." Not being big on flair bartending wasn't a huge minus, but it could be useful for big events. Ah well. It is what it is.

"We have some methods." Lucy once again pointed towards Jazz and Orlo, who had joined him "The boys are usually quick on the draw, but just in case there's plates behind the bar to step on. Should open up a drawer or two containing the right tools, be it shotgun, pistol, sword or talisman." She was silent for a second as she jotted down that Val would be dependable in tough spots, at least according to her words. "Jazz likes to keep a stocked armory. Literally born for it."

Nothing was holding her back on the personal front by the sound of it, which would make things easier. Lucy wrote down a few more lines. A quick review of everything so far and the scales were weighing in the young demon's favor.

"Well Val, you sound like the right person for the job." Lucy said while giving a smile "But there's something we need to discuss. First, your pay. Harry is easy. He wants for nothing so he gets paid enough to cover his basic needs. Precila, she's a mortal and obviously not going to settle for minimum wage and I think its going to be the same for you." Her expression changed to a more serious one. "That's negotiable, but the second part isn't. The bar operates on heavy enchantments and spells. They allow it to repair itself and in turn, heal you in case of any incidents with clients. They happen more often than not, so its needed. In order for it to incorporate you, you need to give something in return, but only once." She held out one of her fingers and pointed towards her own hear "A sliver of one's soul. You give it once, you're part of the family and get to enjoy all the benefits that come with it. You want to leave, you get it back no string attached."

"I'd usually leave that in the contract, but given that some people forget to check the fine print" Lucy glanced at Precila for a second then back to Val "Are you sure you're up for it?"

As everyone in the bar was doing whatever they were doing somebody opened the door, a tiny green alien with an oversized bulbous head that was dressed in a high collar and a cape who proceeded to sit in a barstool "what do you have?" He asked harry

"Yeah, given what you'd said, I suspected they'd be more of a nuisance than a threat," Val said with a raise of the brow, "but I also figured it couldn't hurt to be prepared. Besides, I'm probably just going to end up gladhanding them along the way to Izzy's little soirees anyway; I've got a vested interest in making sure they spill the tea."

She pointed at the information broker. "Consider that a favor."

"Anyway, as for my diet, sadly 'fast metabolism' is pretty much my middle name, but, uh..." A blush formed on her face as she was forced to admit her tendencies. "I'm kind of a crap cook so I just end up eating instant ramen for dinner most nights anyway. Chances are whatever you guys have on hand is probably more substantial than I'd eat in the first place. Especially if it's pizza." The youthful demoness suddenly clasped her hands together as if in desperation. "Oh Creator, please tell me you guys have some way to make pizza. Even if it's just cocktail sauce on a pretzel, I think I might actually die if I can't taste that godsent creation at least once in my time here!"

She blinked in place once, twice, before shaking her head a bit. "Ah, sorry, that was probably a bit much. I blame my dad."

Lucy's remarks about the bar's defenses had her nodding appreciatively, and she made a note to herself to test out the retrieval system herself in the near future. "Sounds like I need to have a chat with Jazz then; I've got, ah, a few personal pieces I'd like to bring in."

Before she knew it, the discussion got down to brass tacks. "Well, in terms of compensation, yes admittedly I'd _prefer_ that, though as I said, that's not the main reason I'm applying. Still, if you want me to to give your friend a bit of suitwork, I'll need the funds to do so in the first place." But when Lucy expanded upon her definition of the terms of employment, the smile on her face quickly turned grave. "I... see." Her eyes narrowed, and for a moment, it looked like she might reconsider her efforts to become employed, but eventually she gave a sigh and delicately reached into her shirt, withdrawing a small vial of a shimmering, pearlescent liquid she wore on a chain around her neck. If one were to look, they would see a faint light emanating from within, like the few glimmering rays of sun peeking through an overcast sky.

"Wasn't exactly getting much use as it stood." She handed over the glass vessel to the proprietress carefully, closing the other demoness's hands around the small container. "Be careful with that, okay? There's... not exactly much left to replace it."

"It's in safe hands." Lucy gave Val another reassuring smile. "Give me a second, so I can go in the back." The owner of the Helldiver turned around and walked from behind the counter to the room in the back. While she was gone, Izrovut would reach from his seat and grab the bottle she was pouring herself drinks from earlier.

"Tears of the damned? Surprised she still drinks this." He placed the bottle back in its place. "We used to get drunk on the stuff while hanging out in the upper level of her dad's fortress. His underbosses didn't like it because they usually planned their operations near-by and could hear us messing around." The pang of nostalgia in his voice went away after he shrugged "Guess that's why I got the taste for the information gig. A lot of those details paid for a lot more fun nights." The broker exhaled another cloud of smoke before turning to face Val again, one hand resting on the counter. "You're doing the right thing, by the way. Don't take it as me sugar coating it because Lucy and me were an item a millennium ago. She'd rather Jazz throw me out by the collar more than anything, but I digress. She's runs deals with people's souls unlike anything I've seen. Maybe its the spite for her dad, who's a callous bastard, or maybe her mom's angelic side shinning through. Point is, she looks out for her own even if she enjoys blasting Harry to pieces from time to time." He slightly turned his head when he heard the door open up again and Lucy's footsteps following right after.

"Ritual is complete, dear." She spoke to her new employee "I believe you'll want this anyway." In her palm was the glass container, the light was dimmed, but still there. "I'm a minimalist when it comes to this sort of work, so I managed to not use up all of it." She handed over the item back to Val with care. "Now then." Lucy placed both her hands on her hips "Welcome to the Helldiver's crew, Val!"

The rest of the staff stopped what they were doing in order to congratulate their new colleague. Some with a small cheer, others with a quick clap. Harry's attention was quickly turned away again.

"We serve drinks here."

Val said nothing as Lucy reassured her, but gave a nod of acceptance. Her eyes silently tracked the bar's owner as she retreated to the back room, lingering where she lost sight of her before her attention was pulled away by Izrovut's appraisal of the vintage she was drinking. "Well, it's not like there's ever gonna be a shortage of tears or damned for the foreseeable future, so hey, if you're gonna stick to a drink, there's worse choices. Probably better than the bottom shelf liquor i throw into an unmarked brown bottle and hide on a back shelf, that's for sure. I'd ask for a taste, but I get the feeling that's a tipple I'd better have her introduce me to before I start really embracing my heritage."

She shook her head in acknowledgement as Izzy also gave credence to Lucy's practices, but shot a brow up high when more of her lineage was revealed. "Lucy's mom is an angel? Oh daaaaamn, alright, that explains things. There's being part demon, and then there's being part demon. I would not want to be in the room when those exes meet; blood might be thicker than water, but napalms thicker than both. How'd a duke of hell come across one of heaven's choir anyw- oop, hold off on that," she suddenly interjected as Lucy returned to the front. "We'll talk later. Bring snacks."

"Oh, I didn't expect to get any of that back, so that's quite kind of you." She laughed a bit. "Guess I'll make sure to hold off on the heavy pours then if you run that tight a ship." She refastened the vial to the thin chain about her neck and slipped it back under her shirt to rest suspended betwixt her collarbones, a personal amulet for purposes still unknown. She stood as the scion of hell welcomed her into the fold, giving smiles and quick nods at those who applauded. "Thank you, thank you, I'm glad to be joining the team. I hope we get along well and I can make you guys some of my creations one day." She bowed deeply. "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

"Well," she continued straightening up and peeking behind the bar for a bit, "no time like the present to get acquainted with things. Want me to barback while you show me the ropes and introduce me to folks on both sides of the bar?"

"I think putting you as a barback might be a bit insulting to your skills, dear." Lucy chuckled "You're a seasoned vet, so you should be familiar with all the basics and some of the advanced techniques. let me actually show you some things." She paused to turn around and step at a specified plate on the ground. "This is the pressure plate I told you about earlier. As you can see." An unassuming shelf under the counter opened up to reveal an impressive display of armament. Just as Lucy had said. Guns, bottles marked as holy water and talisman. Even a claymore. "We're stocked and loaded. Usually doesn't come in use often, but you'll be fine. Next is the little book I like to call Codex Cocktarium."The boss reached and grabbed a book next to the register "It has every known drink from across the multiverse among its pages, you just have to concentrate on what you need and it should pop up while flipping through the pages." She put the book down and then pointed to the shelfs full of drinks behind them. "Right, you can see that the 'mundane' stuff is right here on the first shelf. Above them is the promotional drinks we got. They come with some form of snack usually. Over them is where you'll find the exotic ones reserved for non-humans or non-mortal entities like other demons. Top shelf is for big shots, people with a lot of cash and friends of the bar."

"Special ingredients are marked as such, so you just need to make sure you have the right thing. Less likely to toss a dragon tongue in someone's beer that way. If you need special booze or ingredients, you tell me so I'll order them on the market if you can't get your hands on them. Jazz can supply you with anything for self defense. If you have money troubles thats work related, talk to Harry. Food items are on the menu, like wings, pretzels and crackers among others. Orlo is the one who usually has them prepared if he's not on guard duty. If you can cook, go that's a bonus."

Noël and Mackenzie spent their next few minutes, listening to the others converse while taking in their drinks. Quite a few things had happened in the span of those few minutes, such as the arrival of Lucy's associate Izrovut, the chaos demon getting the boot, some soldier from the far future arriving and skidding across the floor, and another demon arriving from yet another universe. She was dressed quite well, which only lead to Mackenzie and Noël assuming that they were another of Kassidy's clients. Which wasn't true, as it seemed that Lucy was giving this Val the card that Kassidy often passed out to prospects.

And soon enough, Val was being hired by Lucy. Pretty quick hiring process, honestly. Noël and Mackenzie both clapped, celebrating alongside the others.

The large red, casually dressed wrath demon motioned to Val as they spoke. "Kassidy gives you a discount if you work for Lucy, I think. First outfit is free, the rest are half off." said Mackenzie. "Groovy deal, I think." Afterwards, she finished off her beer before motioning for another.

Noël, meanwhile, was really starting to feel the shots they had been taking from the bottle before them. Good. It was what they wanted in the first place. They removed their hat, revealing a short frayed pixie cut, cut close to their head around the sides but longer towards the top. Their long pointy horns jutting straight up from their forehead much more clearly visible now that their military cap was gone, their color fading from blue skin toned to black at the tips.

Another shot was poured, and another shot was gulped down. And they were actually far more relaxed now than they had been before. "Yeah, Kass likes helping friends and repeat customers out." they stated, eyeballing the now empty glass in their hand.

They then glanced over to Val. "I'm Noël. Pride demon. This big red bitch here is Mackenzie. She's a wrath demon. We're friends of Kass." said Noël, which made Mackenzie give Val a huge wide grin and a thumbs up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back