• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Helldiver- An RP to sit back and relax at a weird bar [Open]

The reptilian just hums a bit, the rumble of his tone causing his next to shiver a bit. "As I said before, not many folk still believe in the concept of gods. Honestly, there's just barely enough of any detail for only a few tribes to believe some crazy creature is a god in and of itself. Maybe a cult here and there believing in the old-world religions. So I have no real clear image of what a god might just be. If there were gods in my universe, they're long dead, or they've hidden themselves away. No point trying to rule over folk that have lost too much hope."
"Many universes have their own religion, some universes created just for them. I should know best; my brother and I were the figures for a long since forgotten religion."
He chuckled. "Before they thought cats were demons' associates. Humans always did have a strange obsession for scare crowing other religions."
"As for cults, I only hear past glances from my friend when he's off on a ramble about the newest projects from The Creators. 'God' can mean anything to any one person."
He shrugs. "Most say that God's are immortal beings with indescribable power. My brother and I are immortal with unworldly powers, but I doubt we are any God's despite what my brother's pride may speak. And most I know are in a roundabout way immortal due to the ability of the RESET button keeping them the same for eons. And most I know have magical abilities outside of human understanding, yet humans can obtain this magic, so who's to say what is or isn't a God."

"Well, anyway, the name's... uh, Val, for the moment. We can get to the rest later when you've got an hour to burn."

"I'll be here quite a while. Likely until Lucy closes shop for the night. This is one of the few places I can actually have a bit of rest and relaxation." responded Amriel with a smile, "That means you can talk my ears off if you'd like. I'm more than happy to listen."

After Val had finished his drink, setting it down before him on the bar, he found himself gazing down in to it briefly as Val spoke again.

"A bit harder of a drink than I'd expected someone like you to order, but hey, who's counting."

Noël spoke this time, overhearing her statement. "You should see him back in our universe. Guy drinks straight tequila like water." they stated, not looking up from their nearly finished setlists before them.

Amriel cut them a brief look, before looking up to Val. "Yes, well... I have rather stressful days at work. I deserve to have a bit of fun." he said.

"Well, you're probably not gonna believe this, Ammy, but I'm actually not from any hell." She wiggled her eyebrows. "Surprising, right? No no, I'm actually from a perfectly normal world called Hymnalia; a member of the Sisters of Mercy of the Septerran Church, stationed in the Citadel of Proteria City, the capital of the Holy empire of Galicia." She took a moment to pantomime a look at herself before finishing.

"Or, well... I was."

So she's from her own mortal plane? And formerly of a religious sect? Amriel looked utterly surprised by the revelation, especially considering the horns jutting from the top of Val's head. The only explanation he could come up with was that she had to be a half demon. Or quarter demon. Or some portion of demon. Demons ventured often to the mortal planes to have a bit of fun now and then. Maybe that's what her infernal ancestor had done?

But she said she was part of a religious sect. "Was? What happened?" he soon asked, before taking a drink of his scotch. Burned just right going down. Good stuff.

Noël, meanwhile, had finished their setlists by that point. Now, they were simply listening in on the conversations of the others in the room. The one floating about, handing out notes to read. An 'Asmodeus' from yet another of the countless Hells possessing the body of someone named Adam. A wolf named Lupus that had entered covered in blood (and was promptly shut up by this Asmodeus). A being named Dream that had only ordered water in a bar. And now, a lizard-like being named Kelleth that had entered from apparently a futuristic universe of some sort.

And now, they were all talking about God. Or Gods rather. Noël cringed, rather intensely. Yeah, it was time for them to go. Soon, they stood from their stool. Digging around in their pocket, they eventually drew out a wallet and produced a couple of bills. Money, marked with Hellish writing.

"Should cover my tab. This one's a tip." they said afterwards, setting the cash on the bartop before setting another bill away from the others. "Val's a keeper."

After tucking their wallet away, they took their setlists and rolled them up. "I'll be back sometime soon. Probably in the next few days. Gotta get goin' before I get dragged into the 'God' talk over there." they soon stated, thumbing over their shoulder at the other patrons. "Be seeing you, though."

And after a simple 'peace' gesture, Noël made their way towards the same section of the room they had entered through before with Mackenzie. One portal later, they had vanished.

...Only for that same portal to reopen. Noël, however, wasn't the one to emerge from it. This time, another familiar face did. Kelly. The bluish-pink skinned, red eyed, cowboy boot wearing succubus looked about as soon as he emerged fully from the portal.

"Oh nice, I haven't missed anything." he muttered to himself. He often came to the bar during its 'sports nights' to watch games or wrestling on the TVs Lucy often had scattered about. The booze and occasional fingerfoods were a plus for the entertainment and chats.

Last edited:
"Many universes have their own religion, some universes created just for them. I should know best; my brother and I were the figures for a long since forgotten religion."
He chuckled. "Before they thought cats were demons' associates. Humans always did have a strange obsession for scare crowing other religions."
"As for cults, I only hear past glances from my friend when he's off on a ramble about the newest projects from The Creators. 'God' can mean anything to any one person."
He shrugs. "Most say that God's are immortal beings with indescribable power. My brother and I are immortal with unworldly powers, but I doubt we are any God's despite what my brother's pride may speak. And most I know are in a roundabout way immortal due to the ability of the RESET button keeping them the same for eons. And most I know have magical abilities outside of human understanding, yet humans can obtain this magic, so who's to say what is or isn't a God."

Kell just shrugs his shoulders at the final statement. "I don't really know or care who has the power to claim who is what, but I do know that if there are gods where I'm from, they can stay hidden or dead. Not helping anyone."

Kell breathes a sigh before looking at the screen showing some selection of sports. "Hm. I'm not familiar with some of these... Guessing these are the games of other worlds?"

?

|

|

Both Asmodeus and Lupus turned over to the door of the bar and frowned gravely; both seemed to be thinking along the lines of a truce, as the barbed wire had vanished, and both now stood. The door opened, and the unthinkable happened. A knight came in, and reality seemed to bend. At first, he appeared as a living shadow, then, everyone's worst nightmare, then as a knight, then a shadow again, until finally becoming a knight again. The scent of rotting corpses filled the air, and his breathing sounded horrid, like fresh screaming and crippled lungs. He was not covered in blood, but rather what looked like liquid fear. His eyes were not just gray. They were the texture of static and fear, as if a creature could not have created something that wasn't terrifying.

1661886501187.png

"Yeah sure, something hard." Harry turned around and grabbed one of the stiffer drinks in their catalogue. He didn't have much to add to the conversation of gods and the universe. He already dabbled in it and got his fair share of troubles for it. For now he was content with just serving drinks to those who asked.

"See you around Nöel." Lucy slid the tip towards Val before going back to her own duties at the bar. A few seconds later, her expression lit up when Kelly walked in. "Hey, if it isn't my favorite succubus. We got the channels straightened out. You would not believe the catalogue options Plumber broadcast has for this sort of stuff. Literally endless!" She motioned to one of the TVs and flipped the channel. "We're going to be sticking to the good stuff though. Costs a bit, but the platinum package pays for itself at nights like these" She shrugged "Got the Deathcage PPV, about 3 different kinds of football, gravball and about 5 other sports I have no idea how they work."

"Have you been practicing that?" Xithin asked rather confused at Lucifaria's sudden sales pitch.

"We get a kickback if people sign up through us." She shrugged again. "How about it?"

"I'll stick to you getting me drunk." The faceless entity took another sip of his brew and 'looked' behind him as something walked in "Get a load of this guy." he pointed with one hand.

"Oh for-JAZZ!" Lucy made a disgusted face at the smell.

"I'm on it." The bouncer let out a tired sigh as he stood behind the 'knight' as he grabbed his shoulder and spun him around so they could talk face to face "Alright buddy, we have a strict no corpse smell here and no shape-shifting into unimaginable horrors policy. Go wash off and quit the shit if you want to stay."

"Yeah sure, something hard." Harry turned around and grabbed one of the stiffer drinks in their catalogue. He didn't have much to add to the conversation of gods and the universe. He already dabbled in it and got his fair share of troubles for it. For now he was content with just serving drinks to those who asked.

"See you around Nöel." Lucy slid the tip towards Val before going back to her own duties at the bar. A few seconds later, her expression lit up when Kelly walked in. "Hey, if it isn't my favorite succubus. We got the channels straightened out. You would not believe the catalogue options Plumber broadcast has for this sort of stuff. Literally endless!" She motioned to one of the TVs and flipped the channel. "We're going to be sticking to the good stuff though. Costs a bit, but the platinum package pays for itself at nights like these" She shrugged "Got the Deathcage PPV, about 3 different kinds of football, gravball and about 5 other sports I have no idea how they work."

"Have you been practicing that?" Xithin asked rather confused at Lucifaria's sudden sales pitch.

"We get a kickback if people sign up through us." She shrugged again. "How about it?"

"I'll stick to you getting me drunk." The faceless entity took another sip of his brew and 'looked' behind him as something walked in "Get a load of this guy." he pointed with one hand.

"Oh for-JAZZ!" Lucy made a disgusted face at the smell.

"I'm on it." The bouncer let out a tired sigh as he stood behind the 'knight' as he grabbed his shoulder and spun him around so they could talk face to face "Alright buddy, we have a strict no corpse smell here and no shape-shifting into unimaginable horrors policy. Go wash off and quit the shit if you want to stay."
?

|

|

The knight stared at the bouncer and tilted its head as if he didn't understand, but, luckily, the smell ceased. It seemed to have figured out that it was bothering people, and, luckily, reality bent back to normal. He bowed in apology, then went to the table. As he walked, a more pleasant smell wafted through the air; vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin spice...basically every lovely smell in the world now filled the room as he sat down. However, even though he piled a stack of Cathonian coin, he didn't say anything, or gesture in any way. He just kept paying for no reason. Perhaps it was his way of apologizing, or perhaps he thought he had to pay for sitting there.

The Figure continued to follow and jump around the knight, and when the Knight started to pay, the Figure simply pushed the coin back into his bag, before shaking their head.

The Figure continued to follow and jump around the knight, and when the Knight started to pay, the Figure simply pushed the coin back into his bag.
?

|

|

The knight stared at the Figure and tilted his head, obviously confused by his gesture. His armor was slowly becoming more defined over time. One could now see the grooves of the armor, the scratches on the breastplate, the very faint sound of raspy breathing coming for him, as if every breath was too painful for him to bear. Perhaps he was in agony. Perhaps he was already dead, but clinging to the last shreds of his own humanity. He stared at the figure, his body language stiff and dead, not showing a shred of emotion.

"Good. We have an understanding then." Jazz nodded with approval. "Enjoy your evening." He turned around and went back to his post. Orlo looked on from his seat, rather gobsmacked that Jazz did his job tonight. The ork got up from his seat and went in the back. Somebody had to prepare those wings.

"Don't mind our bouncer too much." Precilla told the knight as she walked close to him "He just takes his job seriously if he picks up something as a threat." She stopped and smelled the fragrance. Rather strong, but not like before. "We can't just accept the money either, so will you be ordering something for a drink?"

The Figure places one of their golden coins down, offering to pay for the knight.
Before calming down and moving more slow and dramatically like usual.

"Good. We have an understanding then." Jazz nodded with approval. "Enjoy your evening." He turned around and went back to his post. Orlo looked on from his seat, rather gobsmacked that Jazz did his job tonight. The ork got up from his seat and went in the back. Somebody had to prepare those wings.

"Don't mind our bouncer too much." Precilla told the knight as she walked close to him "He just takes his job seriously if he picks up something as a threat." She stopped and smelled the fragrance. Rather strong, but not like before. "We can't just accept the money either, so will you be ordering something for a drink?"
?

|

|

The knight, rather oddly, turned slowly towards Precilla and just...stared at her. He either didn't understand english...or just couldn't speak in general. It was also a possibility that he had no comprehension of "drink" or "bouncer" or anything else humane about the situation. He then pointed seemingly at Precilla...until it became obvious that he wasn't staring or pointing at her. He was staring and pointing at a bottle of vodka on the shelf known as "Mimic's Blood". It had a rather violent-red tinge to it, and Precilla didn't remember ever buying it, let alone remembering the liquid.
The Figure places one of their golden coins down, offering to pay for the knight.
Before calming down and moving more slow and dramatically like usual.
The knight shook his head very, very slowly and offered the figure their coin back, but as he did so, the coin melted in his palm. He gazed at the coin and made a very, very low, hoarse sound, almost a mourning moan. Obviously he hadn't meant to do that and felt remorse for it.​

The Figure gathered the Liquid gold into a coin mold and seals it for cooling.
Taking out a feather pen and some paper the Figure slides it over to the fellow mute.

Kell just kind of watches as the knight had entered, the smell of rotting flesh being greeted with a low growl and a sharp gaze. However, seems the bouncer had things covered almost immediately. This knight was odd, flashing between forms and what not, but even as it flashed into the worst nightmares of those within the bar, Kell seemed unphased, as if he didn't see anything. Strange. He just shifts back towards the bar where a drink now waited for him.

"Ah, finally," he says, taking up his glass and taking a deep breath in through his nose. He takes a sip, making hardly any reaction towards the liquor. The cheater must have shifted his tongue out of the way.

He spared a glance towards the knight once again, just kind of peering at them. For being large and somewhat imposing, the plate-bound specter was very odd. Kind of reminded Kell of an infant. He looks back to the televisions after a moment.

The Figure gathered the Liquid gold into a coin mold and seals it for cooling.
Taking out a feather pen and some paper the Figure slides it over to the fellow mute.
?

|

|

The knight just looked up at the FIgure and tilted his head. He didn't seem to understand what the Figure wanted him to do exactly, or the understanding of writing had just gone over his head.
He spared a glance towards the knight once again, just kind of peering at them. For being large and somewhat imposing, the plate-bound specter was very odd. Kind of reminded Kell of an infant. He looks back to the televisions after a moment.
The knight turned towards Kell and stared at him, somewhat intently. It seemed he was interested in Kell as much as Kell was interested in him.​

The knight turned towards Kell and stared at him, somewhat intently. It seemed he was interested in Kell as much as Kell was interested in him.

The pale scaled reptilian tenses up a little bit. He knew full well the knight had begun staring at him, but he usually didn't know how to deal with creatures that didn't speak or communicate in any way whatsoever. He just kind of scratches at his neck again, a guttural growl emanating from his throat as he thought of what to do. Then, he just kind of points at the figure. "I'm just a big old lizard. They're way more interesting." Kell's eyes lock onto the figure as he snickers. "They can float around and pass through the air to go wherever they want."

If Kell could sweat, he would be at this point. He really didn't like having to hold a one way conversation, so he tries not to when he can. He'd usually have walked away by now if it were anywhere else, but where was he going to go, down a few stools? He wasn't even sure how to get out of this bar. Wasn't anywhere that he could shy away from the silent suit of metal.

Last edited:
The Figure then starred at their own feet, touching the ground, then back up at Kell, then tilted their head to show confusion.

The pale scaled reptilian tenses up a little bit. He knew full well the knight had begun staring at him, but he usually didn't know how to deal with creatures that didn't speak or communicate in any way whatsoever. He just kind of scratches at his neck again, a guttural growl emanating from his throat as he thought of what to do. Then, he just kind of points at the figure. "I'm just a big old lizard. They're way more interesting." Kell's eyes lock onto the figure as he snickers. "They can float around and pass through the air to go wherever they want."

If Kell could sweat, he would be at this point. He really didn't like having to hold a one way conversation, so he tries not to when he can. He'd usually have walked away by now if it were anywhere else, but where was he going to go, down a few stools? He wasn't even sure how to get out of this bar. Wasn't anywhere that he could shy away from the silent suit of metal.
?

|

|

The knight stares at Kell, and a voice talks in his mind, I actually find you rather interesting. Your name is Kell? We do not have this name where I am from. It is...foreign to me.

Nobody else seems to have heard the voice, and it is obvious that it came from the knight. Asmodeus is still staring at the knight rather grimly, as if the creature were a displeasing person.​

The Figure then starred at their own feet, touching the ground, then back up at Kell, then tilted their head to show confusion.

Kell just kind of shrugs at the figure, not really sure himself. He had just been trying to pin a bunch of interesting things on them to shift attention away from himself. However, this didn't seem to work well at all as the knight was still staring.

The knight stares at Kell, and a voice talks in his mind, I actually find you rather interesting. Your name is Kell? We do not have this name where I am from. It is...foreign to me.

At first the reptilian would not have noticed that the voice was projected right into his head at first. He would just let out a huff. "So they can spea--..." After a moment though, he is silent, eyes cold as he stared at the wall of bottles before him. The reptilian had not offered his name to the knight, nor had the voice been spoken directly from the knight. This reminded him of psychers back home. Folk with incredible mental capabilities through the use of certain drugs, able to practically read minds with their powers.

Kell would hiss a bit through his nostrils. "That is Kelleth to you," he says before taking another swig of his drink. He did not look very pleased to have his brain picked without his knowing. "Also, the name wouldn't be where you're from. It's not inspired by anything great. It wasn't popped into the mind of a parent to be given to me."

Kell just kind of shrugs at the figure, not really sure himself. He had just been trying to pin a bunch of interesting things on them to shift attention away from himself. However, this didn't seem to work well at all as the knight was still staring.

At first the reptilian would not have noticed that the voice was projected right into his head at first. He would just let out a huff. "So they can spea--..." After a moment though, he is silent, eyes cold as he stared at the wall of bottles before him. The reptilian had not offered his name to the knight, nor had the voice been spoken directly from the knight. This reminded him of psychers back home. Folk with incredible mental capabilities through the use of certain drugs, able to practically read minds with their powers.

Kell would hiss a bit through his nostrils. "That is Kelleth to you," he says before taking another swig of his drink. He did not look very pleased to have his brain picked without his knowing. "Also, the name wouldn't be where you're from. It's not inspired by anything great. It wasn't popped into the mind of a parent to be given to me."
?

|

|

The knight just gave a nod, though he did seem interested in what Kelleth meant.​

The Figure looked at the Knight then back at Kell, sensing something off, before walking in-between them, and standing on their toes to block line of sight.

The Figure looked at the Knight then back at Kell, sensing something off, before walking in-between them, and standing on their toes to block line of sight.
?

|

|

The knight now took interest in the Figure, but did not speak to him as he had with Kell. He then looked away, taking interest in the bottles of vodka on the wall.​

Kell just kind of blinks as soon all he could see was the figure standing between the two of them. He just kind of shrugs at her, not really sure what to say. The whole previous interaction had been an odd one. "Fella speaks through some kind of mental thing. I don't know anything about all that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back