• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Helldiver- An RP to sit back and relax at a weird bar [Open]

The lights ignite, flickering a few before he leans back down and picks up his book. He takes the bookmark like glass, the lights dimming to a pale yellow as he thumbs the old image before returning it to its spot and shutting the book.
Dream hunches his shoulder, looking around. "I have made quite the fool of myself, and I have not been here for five minutes." He mumbles.

Is this place my afterlife? I didn't... take a stray shot right to the head as I was running, did I?
"If this is your afterlife, then you're better off than most...maybe" Harry spoke as he walked over to serve Kelleth and the other new patron. The skeleton stopped and observed the griffin for a second, noticing the key differences from the ones he's seen before. "Welcome to the Helldiver, a place in the space between space." He leaned on the bar to give himself a more inviting posture. "I'm Harry, one of the bartenders on duty. So before I answer any questions, can I get you something to drink?"

I-um- cannot taste, thought it would be a waste.
"Oh, that's a shame then." Lucy was secretly relieved. Usually when someone orders water in this place it happens right before some stand-off or altercation. Dream's sudden jolt and subsequent took her by surprise, but it was expected for first timers honestly. "Don't worry too much." She got another bottle out from the fridge, this one was going to need it. "We usually get a wide range of patrons, some more less appealing to the eye than others" She tilted her head towards Xrithin, who was enjoying his soul drink "Just keep that in mind so you wont get caught off guard."

Oh hey, thanks Xithy! And yeah I kinda tend to do that a lot; once I learn the by the book way of making a drink, I like to try experimenting with it a bit, kinda zhoosh it up a bit to make it my own, ya know? One thing I used to do a lot is take a couple of cinnamon sticks and just let them effuse into a full bottle of vodka. Assuming things go right, I end up with a cinnamon liqeur that I like adding to a lot of things to make them spicy. Maybe that's the quarter demon part talking, but I like cinnamon in my drinks. Oh, remind me some time to tell you about the one time I made an oni a new drink with like, every spicy thing I could get my hands on.
"Hrrrnn" The faceless creature made a noise as one hand rested on his chin and two others formed an arc while he 'looked' at his drink "It has never occurred to me. Cinnamon. Could very well work wonders with the taste of these souls. Depending on their sins, they can be spicy in on themselves, but maybe for the lesser bastards..." He thought some more about the subject. There was definitely something to it.

The Figure walks over to Kelleth handing him a note.
"You are not dead, you are very alive, this is simply one of those worlds in-between worlds. I think some scholars call it. Pocket Dimensions "
The Figure tries to remain friendly in their movements seemingly to calm the interesting new comer.

"If this is your afterlife, then you're better off than most...maybe" Harry spoke as he walked over to serve Kelleth and the other new patron. The skeleton stopped and observed the griffin for a second, noticing the key differences from the ones he's seen before. "Welcome to the Helldiver, a place in the space between space." He leaned on the bar to give himself a more inviting posture. "I'm Harry, one of the bartenders on duty. So before I answer any questions, can I get you something to drink?"

"Oh, that's a shame then." Lucy was secretly relieved. Usually when someone orders water in this place it happens right before some stand-off or altercation. Dream's sudden jolt and subsequent took her by surprise, but it was expected for first timers honestly. "Don't worry too much." She got another bottle out from the fridge, this one was going to need it. "We usually get a wide range of patrons, some more less appealing to the eye than others" She tilted her head towards Xrithin, who was enjoying his soul drink "Just keep that in mind so you wont get caught off guard."

"Hrrrnn" The faceless creature made a noise as one hand rested on his chin and two others formed an arc while he 'looked' at his drink "It has never occurred to me. Cinnamon. Could very well work wonders with the taste of these souls. Depending on their sins, they can be spicy in on themselves, but maybe for the lesser bastards..." He thought some more about the subject. There was definitely something to it.
"Thank you. I am ordinarily use to abrupt noises but as you can see." He points the spot on his skull, lightly illuminating yellow.
" I have not been on my... 'A Game." His teeth pull into a crooked smile.

"If this is your afterlife, then you're better off than most...maybe" Harry spoke as he walked over to serve Kelleth and the other new patron.

Kelleth snickers a bit, causing the scaled flesh of his face to curve over razor sharp teeth in an amused grin. "Well, it certainly seems like far more than I deserve so far. Unless the drinks here cause my flesh to start melting from the inside out. Then surely this is the hell those old-world cultists preach about." The reptilian raises a clawed finger. "I'll just take something on the strong side," he says, likely because he's just too big for any simple glass of alcohol to do much to him.

His eyes shift as the strange shrouded individual approaches with a note in hand. He had noticed that they don't seem to speak much. Why in the world do they need all that shadow in a bar? He's seen some realist socialmedia folk with those "IRL Filters" they use to shroud their appearances on demand, but this one seemed different. Nonetheless, Kelleth didn't much appreciate not being able to look someone in the eyes. He might have been guilty of tearing one of two of those filter folk to shreds for thinking they were all that with their faces hidden. Probably not a good idea to mention that here though.

As the figure extends the note, he shifts his head, an eye reading over the note.

"You are not dead, you are very alive, this is simply one of those worlds in-between worlds. I think some scholars call it. Pocket Dimensions "
The Figure tries to remain friendly in their movements seemingly to calm the interesting new comer.

Kelleth blinks at this. He wasn't really one of the science types, but even he has heard of extra-dimensional theory. "That right?" he says in a deep and rolling tone. He chuckles a bit. "Better that I slipped through the door than the GF then. They'd have a field-day with a place like this. Probably tear it apart trying to understand it. And they call me an animal."

"That right?"
The Figure nods. Before Extending their face forward into the light.
Their mask is smooth and slightly reflective, without a visible nose or mouth feature, but does seem to curve around the Figure's head until the ears, which are hidden under a dark hood that is tucked under the mask itself. The main feature was the fact the Figures eyes were able to be seen in the light.
Starring into Kelleth's eyes was a pair of Red(left) and Light Grey(right) eyes.
The Figure smiled with their eyes while extending a hand (Supposably to shake)

The Figure handed a note to Lupus.
"Don't say that, you don't look like an animal and much smarter. :3"
The Figure Tried to show a smile without a face.

The Figure goes around the Table, and stands across from Lupus. Before looking around at the other interesting people.
LUPUS
|
|

Lupus did not look amused at all by the Figure. He merely sighed and sipped on a flask that, most likely, contained whiskey. "If you are trying to gain intel or info from me, you are doing it wrong."

Though Kelleth could still not see the figures face due to the mask, he appreciated that he could at least see their eyes. Windows to the soul and all that. He could see them pinched at the sides. Smiling? While staring him down? Now that's something else. Most folk can't smile around him. At least while he's not in chains or has a muzzle on him. The moment he's restrained folk tend to get a power high. However, this one still smiled even without his restraints. Odd place this.

Starring into Kelleth's eyes was a pair of Red(left) and Light Grey(right) eyes.
The Figure smiled with their eyes while extending a hand (Supposably to shake)

Kelleth grins. Handshaking. A very human custom that, to be fair, has spread to a lot of different races. Nonetheless, who was Kelleth to deny someone certain pleasantries. He extends a large hand, consuming the figures own but in a surprisingly gentle grasp. "Pleasure to meet you. Name's Kelleth, but you can call me Kell," he says with a grin. His grins always look like he's scheming something, but they are usually genuine as it was then. His eyes though are drawn towards the creature the figure had been beside before.

"If you are trying to gain intel or info from me, you are doing it wrong."

The hulking Kelleth sneers. "This is a bar. There's such a thing as connection making and acting friendly over drinks. You should learn about it. Something called a social life." He might have been a borderline criminal psychopath, but at least he knew how to loosen up when in a place like this. "Besides, what do you possibly think sharing info in a place like this could do to you?! Unless you fear seeing any of these folk again when you step out the door. Which I certainly do not think will happen. From the looks of it, we're all from some place or another, but far from the same place. Never seen anything like you lot in all my life."

Though Kelleth could still not see the figures face due to the mask, he appreciated that he could at least see their eyes. Windows to the soul and all that. He could see them pinched at the sides. Smiling? While staring him down? Now that's something else. Most folk can't smile around him. At least while he's not in chains or has a muzzle on him. The moment he's restrained folk tend to get a power high. However, this one still smiled even without his restraints. Odd place this.

Kelleth grins. Handshaking. A very human custom that, to be fair, has spread to a lot of different races. Nonetheless, who was Kelleth to deny someone certain pleasantries. He extends a large hand, consuming the figures own but in a surprisingly gentle grasp. "Pleasure to meet you. Name's Kelleth, but you can call me Kell," he says with a grin. His grins always look like he's scheming something, but they are usually genuine as it was then. His eyes though are drawn towards the creature the figure had been beside before.

The hulking Kelleth sneers. "This is a bar. There's such a thing as connection making and acting friendly over drinks. You should learn about it. Something called a social life." He might have been a borderline criminal psychopath, but at least he knew how to loosen up when in a place like this. "Besides, what do you possibly think sharing info in a place like this could do to you?! Unless you fear seeing any of these folk again when you step out the door. Which I certainly do not think will happen. From the looks of it, we're all from some place or another, but far from the same place. Never seen anything like you lot in all my life."
LUPUS
|
|

Lupus turned to stare at the man and glared into his eyes, "Oh, I'm sorry, were you under the interpretation that you were involved in this conversation? If so, you are very mistaken. Keep your goddamn opinions to yourself, or better yet, shove them UP YOUR—" He began to get up, only for barbed wire to hold him down to his chair and rip into his clothes. Asmodeus sighed from his stool.

"Lupus, do everyone here a favor and shut the fuck up. You're ruining a perfectly good evening." Asmodeus chided, sipping on another rootbeer and passing over another Cathonian coin to the bartender.

Lupus turned to stare at the man and glared into his eyes, "Oh, I'm sorry, were you under the interpretation that you were involved in this conversation? If so, you are very mistaken. Keep your goddamn opinions to yourself, or better yet, shove them UP YOUR—" He began to get up

Kelleth did not hesitate to mirror the movements, rising from his stool ever so slightly. He did not want to get into a fight, but when things were about to go down, Kell didn't just sit on by. However, when barbed wire had pulled the fellow back into his chair, Kell blinks before snickering, then chuckling, and then altogether letting out a booming laugh. He settles himself back into the stool, relaxing even further. "HAH! Nice job talking when you're on a leash," the reptilian says, adjusting his gaze back towards the figure though continuing to speak towards Lupus. "Nonetheless, I wouldn't be bothered fighting you. Not even worth it. Clearly we're just guests here. I'm not the smartest creature in the universe, but even I can tell when I've got no control. I'm not about to spoil this place with your blood and risk getting kicked out back into the mayhem I just came from."

The Figure jumps in-between the two. moving their hands up to their neck, and then motioning down with an open hand.
Perhaps the Figures attempt to calm or bring down the situation.
The Figure hands a note to both Kell and Lupus.

(Kell) "Thank you for getting involved, but truly he didn't say anything remotely rude, plus I have handled worse. Thanks"

(Lupus) "If I wanted intel, you just gave me alot... but I'm always looking for intel. I'm a traveler, and I do write all this down, but don't worry, no-one else will ever read it. Either way, I am currently in a unknown bar in a pocket dimension, which mind you, I got here before you, we all have our shield, but yours is loud, so clam down. Thanks. :3"

The Figure than walked over to Asmodeus placing a note Infront of him, before returning to a position in-between Kell & Lupus. Looking back between them slowly.
"You back?"

The Figure though, does look harshly at Kell for laughing at Lupus, and The Figure looks at Lupus in confusion, but perhaps some pity as well, before looking at Asmodeus with suspicion.

The Figure though, does look harshly at Kell for laughing at Lupus, and The Figure looks at Lupus in confusion, but perhaps some pity as well, before looking at Asmodeus with suspicion.
ASMODEUS
|
|

Asmodeus sighed, "Unfortunately. Adam was worried for that one," He pointed to Kell, "So, naturally, I came. I heed the call of my host, despite wanting a nap." He sighed again, "My head hurts. Do any of you perhaps have some of that absurd mortal medicine for throbbing heads?"

Kell lets out a sharp and hissing breath from his nostrils now that things have calmed. He has a habit of getting under the skin of some folk. He's guilty of that especially. Getting folk riled up was a specialty of his, getting them to lash out so that he had an excuse to retaliate... most of the time in a violent manner.

(Kell) "Thank you for getting involved, but truly he didn't say anything remotely rude, plus I have handled worse. Thanks"

"Who hasn't handled worse? Anyways, were just throwing words. No harm done," Kell says as he crosses his legs a bit under the bar. He grins again, clearly he wasn't having a bad time. A little tension wasn't going to ruin his day.

The Figure though, does look harshly at Kell for laughing at Lupus

The reptilian raises his hands in surrender. "Whoa, mighty look there," he says, able to see her eyes well enough now. "Didn't mean what I said. Merely threw it out to taunt the poor fella. I know what it's like to be bound like an animal. Wouldn't meaningfully mock someone for enduring what I have."

Asmodeus sighed, "Unfortunately. Adam was worried for that one," He pointed to Kell,

Kell raises a jagged brow, noticing the point in his direction. "Yeah, I don't know an Adam, and he doesn't know me, clearly, if he is worried for me."

Kell takes a sharp and hissing breath from his nostrils now that things have calmed. He has a habit of getting under the skin of some folk. He's guilty of that especially. Getting folk riled up was a specialty of his, getting them to lash out so that he had an excuse to retaliate... most of the time in a violent manner.

"Who hasn't handled worse? Anyways, were just throwing words. No harm done," Kell says as he crosses his legs a bit under the bar. He grins again, clearly he wasn't having a bad time. A little tension wasn't going to ruin his day.

The reptilian raises his hands in surrender. "Whoa, mighty look there," he says, able to see her eyes well enough now. "Didn't mean what I said. Merely threw it out to taunt the poor fella. I know what it's like to be bound like an animal. Wouldn't meaningfully mock someone for enduring what I have."

Kell raises a jagged brow, noticing the point in his direction. "Yeah, I don't know an Adam, and he doesn't know me, clearly, if he is worried for me."
ASMODEUS
|
|

He glared harshly at him, "Adam is the name of the mortal I am inhabiting. He is pure of heart, (the exact opposite of me, might I add, as I am Satan-spawn), and he cares for all, (again, opposite of moi). Do give him that respect. It takes a lot to be the vessel of a Prince of Hell." He huffed lightly, taking out a cigar and almost puffing on it, then he sighed and muttered something about "bad for his lungs" and changed it to a candy cane and promptly sucked on it.

Dream had watched the almost fight, his hand reaching over his shoulder for his quiver- his pupils bloom when he grasped no arrows. Right, no weapons. He balled up his fingers, tension building in his shoulder blades, causing his posture to hunch. He rubbed his palms together, attempting to snuff out the bright yellow magic.
"I hope no more fights break out." He could feel every inch of negativity rolling over him, he shook his skull.
" Wishful thinking of me..."

He glared harshly at him, "Adam is the name of the mortal I am inhabiting. He is pure of heart, (the exact opposite of me, might I add, as I am Satan-spawn), and he cares for all, (again, opposite of moi). Do give him that respect. It takes a lot to be the vessel of a Prince of Hell."

Kell breathes a sigh, looking to the figure once before he turns himself on the stool he sat upon, looking over Asmodeus. A clawed hand runs itself along the shirt he wore before he flattened out a serial number along the chest adorned with a glowing blue background. "Well Adam shouldn't be worried, as I said. MSO number five. You aren't ranked fifth most dangerous in the LOCR without good reason. Adam has my respect for being worried for me, but he should be more worried for the folk back in my dimension, seeing as I still draw breath."

Kell didn't say this with confidence or cockiness. No pride in his work. He knew he was deserving of death for his life accomplishments, but that was for his dimension to deal with, not these folk. He shift back to the bar, wondering when he would get that drink.

Kell breathes a sigh, looking to the figure once before he turns himself on the stool he sat upon, looking over Asmodeus. A clawed hand runs itself along the shirt he wore before he flattened out a serial number along the chest adorned with a glowing blue background. "Well Adam shouldn't be worried, as I said. MSO number five. You aren't ranked fifth most dangerous in the LOCR without good reason. Adam has my respect for being worried for me, but he should be more worried for the folk back in my dimension, seeing as I still draw breath."

Kell didn't say this with confidence or cockiness. No pride in his work. He knew he was deserving of death for his life accomplishments, but that was for his dimension to deal with, not these folk. He shift back to the bar, wondering when he would get that drink.
He looked over to the reptilian, the lights in his eye sockets dimming. His clutches the front of tunic, turns back at the bar.
"What crime have you commit?" He spoke above a whisper. The shape of his ribs illuminated behind the fabric; he looked down at the wood.

ASMODEUS
|
|

Asmodeus smiled at Kell, "Ooo, I like you. I understand how you feel about feeling deserving..." He sighed dramatically, "I went through a particularly emo phase during the medieval era, accidentally created Windigo's and so on. You could say the Supernatural Apocalypse was my fault, nor will I deny that." He smiled at Kell, "Like I said, I understand what it's like."

"What crime have you commit?" He spoke above a whisper.

Though the question was spoken in a very quiet tone, the reptilian's head twitches in the direction of it. He was quiet for a time before speaking again. "I'd rather not recall planetary decimation. One does not see a world cracked into pieces and forgive themselves for it," he says, also having directed as much towards Asmodeus. The large man seemed to genuinely regret whatever it is he speaks of, but had no interest in going into detail about his crimes.

The Figure then does pass a note to Kell
"What is the LOCR?"

"Lunos Orbital Criminal Residences," he says simply, speaking again after a moment. "It's a large ship high over a deserted planet. Basically a place where the GF keeps the worst of the worst. Ship's damn near the size of a planet itself. Contains the most dangerous people and the most blood thirsty beasts found on different planets. Glorified prison, basically."

Kell grins a bit before pointing at his serial number. "I heard that the creature ranked number one in the LOCR is almost considered a god to some races. Don't know how they've got that locked down."

A note is passed.
"GF? Galactic Federation?"
"I have.... reputation with a lot of different containment protocols and foundations, and such, so perhaps we have some things in common, although I do not commit genocide." The Figure quickly rips the last part of the note off hoping Kell didn't read it.

A note is passed.
"GF? Galactic Federation?"
"I have.... reputation with a lot of different containment protocols and foundations, and such, so perhaps we have some things in common, although I do not commit genocide." The Figure quickly rips the last part of the note off hoping Kell didn't read it.

Kell nods his head at first. "Galactic Federation. Though they're really just warmongers that claim diplomatic relations with worlds -after- they've dominated them. So more like a galactic threat."

He looked over the note and noticed the last part of it before it was torn off. He knew that perhaps she didn't mean to have written it, but does not make too much of a fuss over the wording. "Many died, but the planet still exists... even though the surface is chaos with new volcanic fissures and a large piece of the world orbits it like a moon... Far from genocide... I think. Wasn't given many specifics when it came to casualties."

Kell's throat lets off a small growl. "How was I supposed to know that the GF were developing world killing weapons?! I see a bomb on GF territory and I want to use it on them. Didn't expect it to almost annihilate the world."

The Figure looks down, at their feet before writing and passing a note.
"It sounds like you didn't do it on purpose, therefor not really your fault, it is the fault of whoever knew, and didn't tell you. Although you do still have blame, I have been tricked before, I know not if you were or not. I travel everywhere and anywhere, I find 'quests' or interesting 'stories' and I sometimes help, and sometimes I wanna be the bad guy."
The Figure does not finish the note, and wanders off, before sitting next to Kell.

Though the question was spoken in a very quiet tone, the reptilian's head twitches in the direction of it. He was quiet for a time before speaking again. "I'd rather not recall planetary decimation. One does not see a world cracked into pieces and forgive themselves for it," he says, also having directed as much towards Asmodeus. The large man seemed to genuinely regret whatever it is he speaks of, but had no interest in going into detail about his crimes.

"Lunos Orbital Criminal Residences," he says simply, speaking again after a moment. "It's a large ship high over a deserted planet. Basically a place where the GF keeps the worst of the worst. Ship's damn near the size of a planet itself. Contains the most dangerous people and the most blood thirsty beasts found on different planets. Glorified prison, basically."

Kell grins a bit before pointing at his serial number. "I heard that the creature ranked number one in the LOCR is almost considered a god to some races. Don't know how they've got that locked down."
ASMODEUS
|
|

"Oh my," He grinned, "Well, they'd never capture me, that's for sure." He looked quite sure of himself, "I've been hiding in Hell for quite some time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back