• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Helldiver- An RP to sit back and relax at a weird bar [Open]

Asmodeus nodded and ordered another rootbeer, seeming to come out of his trance of hellspawn and back to his cutesy-persona, like a separate personality.
The Figure still waits for their ordered "Drink from Hell" and being more interested than ever, the Figure slowly slides another note over.
"How many souls do you have?" is all the note states.

The Figure still waits for their ordered "Drink from Hell" and being more interested than ever, the Figure slowly slides another note over.
"How many souls do you have?" is all the note states.
ASMODEUS
|
|

The wolf, now cutesy, tilted his head in confusion. It seemed that the Figure would not be able to get any more answers for a while from the demon, but he could perhaps question the wolf himself.

The Figure just stared at the now Wolf. Although still writing they throw all of their proposed notes away.
The Figure then looks around and tries to pay more attention to other interests.

He takes note of the establishment's patrons, keeping his lights on their faces for only a moment, before looking back at the bar.

The Figure eyes the light admitted from the new interesting entity, after the Figure does hide their face from it, despite already wearing a mask.

Dream tucks his hands under his arms, the lights in his eye sockets flickering before he holds out his palm. A book plops down with a dull thud and he brings it to himself. He opens the book, taking one last look around and then curls himself to hunch and reads it.

(The drink from hell was already served to the Figure by Lucy)
"Just water?" Lucy raised an eyebrow "You have a wide selection and you go for water?" She sighed slightly disappointed "Ah well, you're paying." She took out a bottle of water from the fridge behind the bar. No way would she serve anyone regular tap water. Especially when the origin of said tap water is unknown at best. She then placed the bottle next to a glass in front of Dream.

On the other side, Harry slid another rootbeer down the bar.

"Just water?" Lucy raised an eyebrow "You have a wide selection and you go for water?" She sighed slightly disappointed "Ah well, you're paying." She took out a bottle of water from the fridge behind the bar. No way would she serve anyone regular tap water. Especially when the origin of said tap water is unknown at best. She then placed the bottle next to a glass in front of Dream.

ASMODEUS
|
|

The wolf, with surprising reflexes, snapped up the rootbeer with astonishing speed and sipped it, "Thank you, Mr. Bartender." He murmured in a cutesy, content voice, seeming to be slipping into exhaustion at the bar counter.

Dream sets his book down on his lap, picking up the bottle. "Thank you."
He unscrews lid, admitting light scratching sounds against his callused palms. He brings the cup to his parted teeth, setting it down soft enough it doesn't clink. "I-um- cannot taste, thought it would be a waste."

The tavern doors swung upon and another patron stepped in. Standing just over 7 feet tall, at first glance it appeared to be a bipedal lion with golden brown fur covering his entire well muscled frame and a goldenrod mane fully covering his head. Upon closer inspection and one would notice red, yellow and orange wings adorning his backside. He didn't have a tuft of pelage at his tail tip either, instead having tail feathers of similar hue. With this amalgamation of feline and avian attributes, one could denote he was some kind of Griffin.

Archontas was the designation of this individual. A being who had experienced numerous life cycles over the course of many millenia which had driven him to madness. With seemingly no way of permanently perishing, he began to believe there were no consequences for his actions. Morally ambiguous, the monotony of an endless existence had started to wane on him.

Hailing from a subspecies of Griffins called the Allasson, he was an example of a primordial warrior of his kind. While a majority of these heraldic hybrids composed of rather standard combinations of bird and cat, Archontas was the union of 2 mythical beasts; the Nemean Lion and the Phoenix. Not only was it nearly impossible to get past his nigh unbreakable defenses, but even if slain he would simply be reborn from ash.

Coming across a rip in space-time among his aimless travels, the ancient beast ventured forth with no hesitation and had found this establishment. He found it rather perplexing as in all his countless years this was a relatively new experience, which was rather enthralling. Scanning the area with piercing gold eyes, Archontas would situate himself on a stool at the bar and continue to acquaint himself with these new surroundings.

Dream body violently jolted from the sudden entrance. Water bouncing from his cup onto the bar, book tumbling to the floor. He cursed in a old language, his shoulder blades tensed as he swerved to look at the new patron.

The Figure eyes the new comer. Scooting away from ASMODEUS and moving, slowly but with long strides, to the more interesting patron.
Taking the Full Mystery Hell drink with her.

Kelleth did not know how it was possible. For it to be so loud only to shift to nothing but silence in a fraction of a second. He had been on the run, having escaped the Lunos Orbital Criminal Residences, or The LOCR, only to be fleeing from enforcers in the residential sector of some random planet-side city until suddenly... this.

The hulking reptilian alternate had slammed his way through the door. A wooden door at that. Should have found that odd right off the bat. Who furnishes with wood anymore other than the upper class or the foolish? Must explain why he was able to fly through the door so easily... or did it open for him? Speaking of which, it closed behind him as well. He was aiming a handheld beam cannon at the now closed door, wary of it opening and a squad of heavily armed soldiers barging in, but that never came.

After a moment he looks around, there was almost instant realization. He approaches the door and opens it and it leads... nowhere. There was just darkness on the other side. As if there was nowhere that he wished to go. At least, he had yet to put that to thought. Where would he go?

Kelleth runs a dangerously clawed hand over the pale scales of his neck. He was an albino of his kind, and his red eyes practically glowed. He was damn near monstrous in size, but he was slow, usually because he was tired. He was surprised to have fit through this tiny door at all, but this place was unusual.

He turns to the bar, lowering his weapon. He was safe... for this singular moment perhaps. His fate is yet to be determined, but he did not fear his circumstances. If these people recognized him as a criminal or not would decide his next actions. For now, he carefully approaches the bar and takes a seat on a stool. He was surprised that it could bear his weight at all. Only reinforced his belief that this was a strange place.

Last edited:
He turns back to the bar, his ribs expanding a few times before he set the glass down with a soft clink. "So sorry about that."
He leans down to pick up his book-
Dream jolts from another entrance, hitting his skull on the peak of the bar and groans. He sits up, both palms coming to rub the area.
"I am going to have a SOUL attack." He rasped in a whisper.

Last edited:
LUPUS
|
|

Lupus looks distastefully at the new patrons and waited for his whiskey, watching them all come in either loudly or normally. He had taken to cleaning his arms and body clean of blood and had crossed his legs. The tilt to his ears and furrow of his brow seemed to give him a look that made him appear irked by his surroundings, as if this was the last place he wanted to be, but had to be here for unforeseen reasons.

The Figure appeared behind Dream, attempting to read his protective Book, even leaning to whatever side he is most likely not to detect a presence at any given moment. While still also paying attention to another new comer, and Lupus. Asmodeus Was, interesting, but he seems to have become docile for now although, the Figure would not let down their guard, even in a place like this.

The book had bold black letters of 'Stress and the Complications of the Outside Influences'. The bookmark was a faded painting print that was folded from the fall, the only thing visible being clouds, the center piece of a chuck of maybe tree bark, and the top of a cloak hood.
The lights in his eye sockets flickered out, as he palms his temple.

The Figure backed away quietly, at least as far as Dream's reach. Being careful is the most important thing.
The Figure than began to sneak over to Lupus. Exaggerated strides with no audible sound.

The Figure backed away quietly, at least as far as Dream's reach. Being careful is the most important thing.
The Figure than began to sneak over to Lupus. Exaggerated strides with no audible sound.
LUPUS
|
|

The bloody wolf saw it out of the corner of his eye, his tail flickering in annoyance. He grinned at the Figure, "Hasn't anyone told you never to approach an animal as their resting?" He seemed relaxed, but a tension was in his body, and his eyes would flicker toward any and all exits. It was quite obvious he was afraid of any policemen.

The Figure handed a note to Lupus.
"Don't say that, you don't look like an animal. :3"
The Figure Tried to show a smile without a face.

Last edited:
At the prospect of actually being taken up on her offer to sing, Val momentarily started, her eyes widening slightly before looking back and forth between Noel and Lucy as if this was an elaborate prank on the newbie. "O-oh, uh. I mean... y-yeah of course! I'd love to get a chance to bust out the ol' chops again," she began excitedly, before furtively glancing towards her new employer. "Um, assuming it's okay to be moonlighting like that. I don't want to get canned for dereliction of duty a month into my new job, y'know. Eeep." She grimaced at the thought of being tossed out on her own duff and, in an effort to prove her forthrightness, immediately set about cleaning additional glasses, bussing tables, and restocking the bar.

When she returned, she gave an appreciative nod at Xithrin's compliment. "Oh hey, thanks Xithy! And yeah I kinda tend to do that a lot; once I learn the by the book way of making a drink, I like to try experimenting with it a bit, kinda zhoosh it up a bit to make it my own, ya know? One thing I used to do a lot is take a couple of cinnamon sticks and just let them effuse into a full bottle of vodka. Assuming things go right, I end up with a cinnamon liqeur that I like adding to a lot of things to make them spicy." She shrugged. "Maybe that's the quarter demon part talking, but I like cinnamon in my drinks. Oh, remind me some time to tell you about the one time I made an oni a new drink with like, every spicy thing I could get my hands on."

The sound of a portal popping open directed her attention away from the DR director, and with a look of surprise, she witnessed an angel pop through as nonchalantly as if he was just stepping into any old coffee shop to get a mocha frappucino. She smiled in return at his pleasantries, but when he mentioned his name, her brow raised to the top of her face. "Amriel you say?" A sigh, heavy with history came from Val's lips, the normally energetic demoness seemingly weighed down momentarily by something as she leaned on the bar, staring off into some far corner. "That's... almost a name that brings back some memories." And then just as quickly it was gone and her normal customer-facing demeanor returned. "Well, anyway, the name's... uh, Val, for the moment. We can get to the rest later when you've got an hour to burn."

As the angel listed off his order, Val raised a hand. "I can get that, Lucy, that's an easy one. 'sides I gottta make nice with Mr. Angel here if I want any decent tips out of him." A large transparent ice cube was withdrawn from the large bin freezer beneath the bar, and with ice knife in hand, she began to scrape away at it, evening out the edges and just generally improving the presentation of what was otherwise just a big block of frozen water. From a bottle she'd just put down moments prior came a healthy pour of brown liquor until it reaches four fingers high, the decorative topper to the container returning to it with a spin of its oversized cap. She stirred the drink slightly to begin the cooling process and then slid the glass over towards the awaiting angel.

"Scotch on the rocks," Val announced, plunking the bottle back on the shelf behind her. "A bit harder of a drink than I'd expected someone like you to order, but hey, who's counting." She leaned atop the bartop facing Amriel as she recounted the details of her own existence. "Well, you're probably not gonna believe this, Ammy, but I'm actually not from any hell." She wiggled her eyebrows. "Surprising, right? No no, I'm actually from a perfectly normal world called Hymnalia; a member of the Sisters of Mercy of the Septerran Church, stationed in the Citadel of Proteria City, the capital of the Holy empire of Galicia." She took a moment to pantomime a look at herself before finishing.

"Or, well... I was."

Last edited:
The Figure goes around the Table, and stands across from Lupus. Before looking around at the other interesting people.

Kelleth looked about the bar, looking between faces as everyone else seemed to be doing. He did not like the look of plenty of folk here. Some with blood on them, others with no blood at all, only the ivory bone of their skulls. What the hell was this freakshow? Then again, in the eyes of any human, an alternate like him belonged in a place like this. He got to wondering how he even got here in the first place. Honestly, as he was on the run, he just felt like he could use a solid drink. Then the door was there. He looked up and down the bar, running a hand over its wooden surface.

"Been years since I've seen a wooden bar..." Kelleth taps a long claw against the wood, but refrains from carving it up, just kind of looking at it. "Is this place my afterlife? I didn't... take a stray shot right to the head as I was running, did I?" he couldn't help but wonder aloud. He does his best to wave down someone working behind the bar. If he was dead, then he was going to make the most of it.

The ancient Griffin that was Archontas continued to survey the area. From the stool he sat at, his composite tail swayed about. Just a flicker of the rectrices could engulf set this entire place ablaze in seconds. Those within close proximity could no doubt experience a sensation of heat and pressure emanating from him. Given his mystical physiology, the avian feline is an embodiment of flames by design and has honed it beyond perfection over his endless lifespan.

The perpetually curious beast would analyze the interactions of other patrons with an array of finely tuned senses. This place was strange and the way he got here was perplexing as well. At least this was providing some kind of intrigue for the time being. Soon enough everything here will gradually fade into insignificance yet he will remain as he is now. Seemingly eternal, but shackled by the timeless existence. He couldn't help but ponder the intricate details of this tavern. Lacking the need for sustenance, some information would be rather beneficial, Archontas thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back