• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Heavens Need New Gods [CLOSED]

GumGumChomp

That’s Enough, Let’s Get You Home.
Throughout the Multiverse, there are only a dozen True Gods. Space, Time, Creation, Destruction, Mind, Soul, Light, Dark, Freedom, Unity, Life, and Death. They make other, lesser gods to look over the minutiae of any specific universe, but they reign supreme. The True Gods are older than anything still existing, living through the end of millions upon billions of universes. However, they are not the first True Gods, and they are not immortal. The death of a god is unfathomable, but they do have a life cycle, and they can be killed.

Over billions of years, God of Space grew jealous of his sister, the God of Time. She was beloved by the other gods, a kind soul who was fair with her domain. Always moving forward, never looking back. He despised her for her popularity, and coveted her power for himself. On the trillionth anniversary of her coronation, at the height of the ceremony, he stabbed her in the back. Absorbing her domain, he became the god of Spacetime. He is now the strongest being in the multiverse. However, the power drove him mad, and he massacred the rest of the gods. Once he came to his senses, he weeped over the bodies of his siblings, and slit his neck with the knife he used to murder the rest.

The multiverse would not allow the effects of the Gods’ deaths to ripple, lest it be destroyed, therefore the gods had to be replaced. At any given point in time, there are quadrillions of deaths in the multiverse. You are one of the lucky few that happened to die at the exact moment that a god died. For any number of reasons, the multiverse has chosen you. Welcome to godhood. Try not to kill each other this time.

Hey there everyone! I’m back from a long absence, and I figured I’d try something new out. My name is Gum, I use she/her pronouns, and I’m 20. Looking forward to RPing with you!

Your characters can be from any universe, modern, or futuristic, or fantasy. They can even be from an established fictional universe, although I would ask that you don’t use a canon character. Also don’t worry about needing all 12 gods or anything like that, any domains that the players don’t fill will be controlled by me in another part of the multiverse, and you’ll meet when the time is right.

Now for the boring part, the rules:
  1. Regular RPN rules
  2. Please be at least 16
  3. Basic RP Etiquette
  4. You don’t need to write an entire novel each post, but no one-liners.
  5. Have fun!
If a few people show interest I’ll make a CS page.

Last edited:
Seems promising.
Could I suggest a God of Void?
glad you’re interested! that’d probably overlap with the god of darkness too much to be it’s own thing, plus i’m trying to keep the gods in pairs in terms of domains (light/dark, space/time, etc) and i can’t personally think of a counterpart. however, there are special combinations when a god absorbs another god’s domain, so if the new god of space absorbed darkness or vice-versa the new domain might be called Void.

glad you’re interested! that’d probably overlap with the god of darkness too much to be it’s own thing, plus i’m trying to keep the gods in pairs in terms of domains (light/dark, space/time, etc) and i can’t personally think of a counterpart. however, there are special combinations when a god absorbs another god’s domain, so if the new god of space absorbed darkness or vice-versa the new domain might be called Void.
Initially I thought it would be the counter to creation, then I remember you mentioned destruction too lol. But that combination idea sounds like something, maybe dark and destruction? Y'know, like a black hole?

seems to have at least a vague amount of interest, so here’s the CS

This sounds fun! A quick question assuming my character comes from a fantasy background. Do they keep any existing superpowers or abilities or do they lose all of them in order to gain whatever powers fitting their new title?

This sounds fun! A quick question assuming my character comes from a fantasy background. Do they keep any existing superpowers or abilities or do they lose all of them in order to gain whatever powers fitting their new title?
great question! you can’t keep your powers from the get-go, but training to reacquire them will be much easier.

What's the Soul domain deal with?
its purview is over the creation of souls, although i assume you meant beyond that. basically while life creates the physical matter that makes up living beings, soul makes them sentient. so if you were to take the soul domain, you’d have power over memories and can animate objects or give sentience to anything that life would create, things like that.

I’m in the process of creating a character. Looks like I will go with domain of darkness. So I would like to ask the same question as above; what’s the darkness domain deal with? I already have a rough idea, but asking won’t hurt.

Actually, could we get a rundown on what each Domain covers along with the 'generic' powers gods have?
that’s a good idea. okay so in general the have extremely high strength, speed, durability, and can survive in the vacuum of space.

Space governs distance and gravity. They can teleport, increase or decrease gravity, or create empty pocket dimensions

Time governs time, obviously. While I won’t allow you to rewind time right away, you can slow it down or speed it up, even pause it entirely.

Creation governs physical matter, making planets and stars. You’d have control over the elements, and can create constructs or just giant blocks of lead if you so wish.

Destruction governs the end of physical matter. You’d be able to destroy anything nonorganic that comes your way almost in an instant, reducing it to dust.

Life is similar to Creation, except they govern organic matter. You’d create and control plant life, animals, or even mythical creatures if you can figure out how to make them.

Death is the organic equivalent to Destruction. They govern decay and demise, as well as controlling fungi and bacteria. They rule over the Underworld along with Soul.

Mind governs logic and knowledge. They’d gain super intelligence and can learn any magic or technique with ease. While this doesn’t give them any combat abilities from the get go, they can quickly become incredibly strong.

Soul, as previously stated, governs souls. They can give sentience to anything, organic or not, and have power over memories. Creating, destroying, altering, you name it. They rule over the Underworld with Death.

Freedom governs movement and the individual. They can increase the speed of themselves or objects, and can pass through physical matter. They can also give enhancements to anyone who is fighting by themself.

Unity governs emotion and the group. They can influence others emotions, create solidarity or divides in groups, and can enhance those that fight together.

Light governs sight. They can create prophecies, scry on anywhere in the multiverse, and use holy magic at its fullest.

Darkness governs mystery and nothingness. They are the only one that can hide from Light, and can hide others from Light if they so wish. They can also create illusions and use what is typically regarded as “unholy magic”, such as the creation of undead and curses.

I’ll probably make a lore page at some point, but for now here you go. If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back