• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ☼ The Hearthome Inn ☼ » A Casual "In-Between" Slice-of-life RP! «

Characters
Here

Minako

🎮Super High School Level Gamer: Chiaki Nanami🎮
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
In the diverse land known as Mobius, somewhere tucked in a little corner of the planet with a low population, lays a small little inn at the edge of an enchanted forest...

The Inn is spacious and cozy, run by a small rabbit and her husband, who sells weapons to daring patrons who may fancy themselves adventurous enough to perhaps explore the neighboring forest...

Or simply come in for a quick meal and well-deserved rest after a long day's journey--

Whatever the traveler needs, The Hearthome Inn is always there to provide.

So please, come inside and let this Inn be your home away from home...

Home is where the heart is, after all.

Rosie-Eliasand-Aurora-Innfinish.png

**Please Check the CS Link and be sure to wait for approval before posting! Thank you so much in advance ^_^ **

It was a rainy day in the area that the Hearthome Inn was situated in, and it didn't seem that the inn was going to have many customers at first, but around noon, the front door of the inn proceeded to open as a light gray and white Mobian badger proceeded to enter and close the door behind him. The badger's name was Ernie, and he was soaked by the rain. Not seeing anyone around the room at first, Ernie proceeded to sit himself down at the bar in the dining area of the inn and awaited for an employee to come and serve him.

Ernie had been traveling since sunrise to get to the Hearthome Inn, and needless to say, his body had gotten quite weary from all the traveling he had to do to get this far, and this was quite understandable, because not only did he have to travel on foot, but he had to fight several monsters along the way as well, and the rainfall he had to endure along the way didn't help much either. But Ernie had at last reached an inn where he could recharge his figurative batteries and hopefully take a good shower to get the rain out of his fur before he continued on his way again.

"Ah! Welcome to the Hearthome Inn! We hope you feel at home and where your heart is during your stay!" The bespectacled little bunny sitting at the front desk of the Hearthome Inn heartily greeted a customer coming while she ran a cloth through her glasses during the greeting.

"Don't forget to put those back on when you're done cleaning them this time," Her husband sternly reminds her while glancing away from the sword he was polishing before putting it back up on the display wall.

"I won't!" Rosie the Rabbit cheers and smiles, placing her glasses back on her face.

"You just have a habit of forgetting, Darling," Elias the Cat quickly kisses her forehead while grabbing a shield from the wall and beginning to polish that as well.

"That's not true!" Rosie protests and then turns to her little girl, who was already making herself busy wiping down and prepping the tables in the dining area and handing the new guest a small menu, "Rory! Do I normally forget to put back on my glasses?!"

The shy purple one smiles bashfully at her parents... And then nods.

"HMPH," The pink rabbit pouts while the blue cat gives his wife a satisfied smirk.

AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat

Ernie nodded towards Rosie with a kind smile and took the menu from her daughter. "I'm pretty sure I'll feel at home here during my stay, miss. Thank you very much for the hospitality." The badger replied in a kind tone of voice before he proceeded to read through the menu to make a decision as to what to order. After reading through it for a little bit, Ernie made his decision and placed his order, consisting of a sandwich filled with vegetables and meat and a glass of root beer.

As he waited for his order to be prepared, he decided to start a chat with the owners of the inn. "So, how long have you all been running this inn? I'm sure it's been around for a good while now?" Ernie assumed. He wasn't quite sure when the inn was built and founded, but he assumed that it had to have been around for a while now, and that plenty of other travelers before him had hung their hat at the place for the night or dropped in for a good meal and a refreshing beverage much like he was doing today.

The door to the inn opened again and a grey squirrel entered, hair messy and face and clothes dirty. She was soaked to the bone and shook herself dry, standing at the doorway while she looked outside at the rain, and the grey sky in all directions. Figuring the rain wouldn't be stopped for a while, she turned and looked at the inn. It seemed a very cozy place. There was already a knight, seated, and several members of staff behind the counter. The squirrel took a few more steps into the inn, before realizing she had to budget her trip, and what she could get out of this respite depended on its costs and her budget.

"'Escuse me. Do youse have a menu?" she asked in a hard-to-place yet distinctly 'rural' accent.

"Yes, we've been together and keeping this place up and running the better part of a decade," Elias nods while continuing to polish the shield from the display wall, "This place used to be a run-down cottage. It was long since abandoned when Rosie and I both found it back in our younger years... Huh... Come to think of it, We never did figure out who this place once belonged to..."

The blue cat taps his chin in deep thought but then shrugs it off after a while.

"Ah, Welcome to the Hearthome inn! We hope you feel at home and where your heart is during your stay!" Rosie greets the new Squirrel guest with verve. A little bit of the Inn-Keeper was a bit shocked to hear such an accent so far from the city, but stranger things have happened, she supposed.

No sooner had the new guest finished asking for a menu would they feel a tap on their shoulder, finding the Inn-keepers daughter beside her with a menu ready for them.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Smoky smiled down at the young rabbit handing her a menu, and she took it as she ruffled the rabbit's hair. "Heya," she cheerfully responded. "Ain't you a little cutie! What's your name?"

The little purple hybrid child shyly smiled and then hung their head before answering the kind Squirrel patron. Rory raised her head as high as possible and lightly tapped the part of her neck where her voice box was... And then sadly smiled while shaking her head. Her face then lit up in surprise as she started examining her clothes and finally found what she was looking for: It was a small, quaint little nametag pinned onto her vest.

It was beige with pink and blue stripes as a border and, in a very pretty font, had a name printed on it in purple: Aurora.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Last edited:
"Yes, we've been together and keeping this place up and running the better part of a decade," Elias nods while continuing to polish the shield from the display wall, "This place used to be a run-down cottage. It was long since abandoned when Rosie and I both found it back in our younger years... Huh... Come to think of it, We never did figure out who this place once belonged to..."

The blue cat taps his chin in deep thought but then shrugs it off after a while.
"Really, huh? I bet you put a lot of effort in fixing up this place to make it into what it is today then." Ernie remarked, surprised to hear that the family had turned the inn from a run down cottage into what it is today and that they had been running it for about a decade. When Elias remarked that the family never figured out who the building originally belonged to, Ernie let out an inquisitive hum. "Well, whoever this place originally belonged to, I'm sure they'd be happy to see that their property has become such a wonderful place run by such wonderful people with such a wonderful purpose." He said with a smile.

Elias smiled approvingly and nodded at the badger patron as they said their kind words: He was glad people thought of them this way, for it put him at ease that, indeed, the mysterious previous owner of the once cottage now inn wouldn't mind seeing what their house has now become: a HOME. A home for anyone and everyone to rest from weary travels in or out of the enchanted forest next door.

Elias couldn't help but chuckle at how well Ernie seemed to "hit the nail on the head".

"Heh heh, I sure hope so! We haven't been attacked or robbed or anything coming to or FROM the forest YET, so I take it that's a good enough omen if the previous owner and/or builder of this cottage has... er... Passed on... They would be happy with our restoration of their work years later. We did try to look for them when we first met here, but Rosie was lost and confused and I was in the middle of an assignment... We both found this place dusty, old, falling apart, and the mess was enough to make it hard to tell if there had been a struggle... Or if they were just slobs."

Once again in deep thought, Elias began pondering this and that, most likely trying to relive his first moments in this Inn and meeting his wife so that he could remember the exact state of the run-down cottage... But alas, nothing seemed to pop a clue into his head or anything.

"Ah, here's your order, sir~!" Rosie, emerging from the kitchen, called out to Ernie while signaling to her daughter.

The little purple hybrid smiled and waved to the Squirrel patron and then dashed off to her mother's side, where her mother had a sandwich and mug of root beer waiting for her to deliver to the Badger patrons table.

Moments later Rory would arrive at Ernie's table, placing the order down with a smile.

Last edited:
Smoky watched patiently, smile never leaving her face, as the child looked for her name tag. The lack of a voice didn't seem to phase the squirrel at all. "Aurora! That's a pretty name! Anyway, I'll have the soup of the day, please!"

Smoky listened in on the other conversation during this time, not making any kind of secret about that fact either. "Was the kitchen alreeady part of it, or did you build that?" she interjected, chiming in.

"Oh! Right away, Miss~!" Rosie chirped and cheered as she (rather absentmindedly) rushed off into the kitchen right behind the counter before hearing the rest of what the Squirrel patron was saying!

Elias tried to stop his wife, but Rosie was too fast and already in the kitchen, fulfilling the new order. The blue cat smiled, shook his head, chuckled, and rolled his eyes all at once.

"Heh heh, sorry, you'll have to forgive her: My love has always been a bit too enthusiastic for her own good sometimes," Elias snickers while eyeing his wife from the counter, adding, "Ah! To answer your question: No, actually! We had to move the stove and other appliances and have some contrustion to rebuild and move some things since, when we started renovating, we knew what we wanted this place to be."

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide

Ernie nodded as the cat's words. "And here's to many more years of making this place a happy home for weary travelers such as myself." The badger spoke with a smile before seeing Rosie emerge from the kitchen with his order and handing it to her purple daughter, who quickly dashed over to him and placed the order down on his table. "Ah, thank you, young miss." He kindly told the purple hybrid Mobian with a smile and began to eat his food while occasionally stopping to have a sip of his root beer, humming in delight at what he tasted.

"My compliments on the cooking, ma'am. It is very, very tasteful and made with the utmost care for the customer in mind based on the quality of the meal." He happily told Rosie as he set his food and drink down for a bit and relaxed a bit. Ernie had definitely made the right choice to stop at this inn for a rest before he was going to continue on his way and try and complete his journey.

(Sorry for not responding to this RP for so long. I had been very busy with other writing projects and kinda forgot about this one as a result.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back