• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Night-Hawk

Things are about to get Hawkward...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
**Updated 2/23/20**

Hello, this shall be my plots and prompt thread! I will update with any new ideas or cravings I have.

Just a brief summary of me:
I am an advanced literate and detailed writer; one who uses multiple paragraphs and third person at all times. I love fantasy-esque plots, whether set in medieval time, futuristic, or anywhere in-between. But regardless of the genre, I'm all about long term. And I love for stories to stretch on and build over time, and even branch off into other plots along the way. To put it simply, once I've fallen in love with our characters and world, I'll be hard-pressed to want to end it.

What I'm looking for in a partner:
• Someone who is advanced literate and detailed; and is devoted to adding to the plot, and keeping it alive with their own creativity and imagination. Not someone I have to lead along constantly. I want you to throw in your own ideas, too, and keep me on my toes. This is a team effort!
No one liners, and use proper grammar, punctuation, etc.
• Must write in third person.
• I accept, and actually prefer, females portraying a male character.
• It’s also preferable you be able to write as multiple characters, of both genders, when needed.
• Response length usually depends on the situation, but I like multiple paragraphs. I don't have an exact requirement, however. All I ask is that you be detailed and thoughtful in your responses. Say what you need and want to, but don't worry about hitting a certain target, or staying under a limit. And I by no means expect us to match each other in length.

If there comes a point where you aren't sure how to proceed, or something doesn't jive, let me know. Maybe we can find a solution, or work through a block. And if interest has just waned, or you're too busy to continue, drop me a line for that, too. Perhaps we can just take a break and pick it up later. Regardless, I'd really prefer not to be ghosted (though I'm guilty of it at times, myself, and am working on being better about that.)
___._._._.___

Now with that bit of information out of the way, on to the plots, prompts, and cravings!

Most of my current cravings are non-romantic/platonic, with two straight male characters, because that's what I reaaaaally enjoy. I like an unlikely duo being or becoming friends through adversity, their differences playing off one another to create interesting dynamics. I also love camaraderie, 'bromance', the fighting to protect your comrade, taking down anyone who touches them, and just sitting back and enjoying a laugh together in downtime.

BUT, I am not opposed to some well-developed romance being added in (whether that's with main characters in a MxF pairing, or involving side characters), just so long as that isn't the sole driving purpose for a plot. This isn't the Hallmark channel.

Craving/plots that are open for MxF as well as platonic MxM will be marked with
Though note that only MxF will have romantic possibilities (though it's not required; MxF can be platonic, too). MxM is strictly platonic.

* = craving. On a scale from 1 to 5, the more, the greater the craving.

If no * I'm just not feeling that particular plot at the moment.

Unless otherwise stated, I will be the Muse A roles.

Fantasy+Non-modern/Medieval-esque
Silver and gold

This is set in a world of elementalists.

They were born of the same mother, grew up together in close companionship, and were both promising wielders. Yet, they were very different. Muse A could summon ice from his fingertips, never felt the chill of the cold, and his eyes were striking silver. Muse B sparked flames to life upon his palms, could leap through fire without being burned, and possessed eyes that were golden. Though their talents were vastly conflicting, their bond remained strong. Until one day, because of their strength in wielding, they were called away from their home for more proper training — in two opposite directions. Muse A went to the North, and Muse B, the South. Years passed, time stretched on, and distance grew not merely in miles. The brothers fell out of contact. But their training proved effective, and eventually they were chosen to become Guardians of their respective domains.

Now, an unknown darkness begins to plague the land; poisoning water, killing crops, and dark beasts even begin showing up, attacking villages and taking lives. There seems to be some epidemic of dark-magic, and the Guardians of the Realm are called upon to meet and discuss what must be done. Teaming up and traveling across the land to try and find a solution to the darkness before it consumes everything, while rid villages of troublesome beasts, seems the only option.

[This will include some side characters, obviously, of other elements to create a small group. We can have sole control over the ones we create, or share, it makes no difference to me.]

Unbreakable Brotherhood ****

Your character would be the dragon, Muse B, and mine the human. There is no shape-shifting, mind you. How mine is now human will be revealed in the story.

In a world of fantasy and magic, two dragonborn brothers lived as lords of their mountains. One, (Muse A) watched over the North, with eyes of silver and ice in his soul. The other, (Muse B) guarded the South, with orbs of gold, and a heart of fire. They were strong, powerful and formidable beasts that most creatures and humans knew to keep distance from. But one day, a band of daring men sought to capture the dragons, or kill them for their spoils. And both dragonkin merely laughed at the foolish mortals, who weren't the first to come clad in glinting metal while brandishing puny weapons. Thus the dragons met them without fear, awesome power displayed in the fields between their respective mounts. Yet these men.. they weren't like anything the brothers encountered before.

The mercenaries managed to wrangle Muse B, binding his glorious wings, and forcing his neck and head down with chains his fire for some reason could not melt. Muse A, desperate to free his brother, was mortally wounded and ultimately unable to fulfill his desire. Therefore Muse B was dragged away, calling to his sibling, his distraught and angered roars echoing off the landscape as his brother's blood soaked the ground.

The loss devastated Muse B, and his spirit was broken; though his fire raged on. He was angry, bitter, and fell far from the noble beast he had once been. He ended up in a coliseum, where countless other creatures were caged and sported about for pure enjoyment, and he took out his fury on arrogant gladiators and criminals forced to fight for their lives; all while holding no hope of ever being free again. For this, this was his punishment, he thought. It was because of him and his arrogance that his brother was gone.

Years passed, and battle after battle chipped away at the fire dragon's soul. He earned a few scars as trophies, but the sum of men he'd slaughtered was far higher, as no one survived against him. His days became monotonous, spent the majority in his cell; until someone managed to reach his level. But even then, when he was able to stretch himself in the large domed arena, battles didn't last very long.

Today was passing no differently. The loud roar of the crowd cheering and jeering at those fighting to live was white noise in his ears, and the musty odor of wet stone and blood no longer bothered him. He'd forgotten what dirt and trees smelled like. Forgotten how it felt to lay in the sun and feel its warmth on his scales. Then the familiar pounding on his cell signaled the beast was up for the show. The wall slid open, stone grinding against stone, allowing him access to the arena, where the crowds' volume increased considerably, and something barely detectable shifted in the air. A power. A presence. He stepped out, scanning the scene for his next victim, only to find a lone cloaked human standing calmly in the center. They weren't large like most gladiators, nor otherwise displaying strength or massive weapons. The hooded man looked rather common, actually; more suited as a stable boy than coliseum challenger. But Muse B wasn't discriminating. He sent loose a blast of fire, which the human swiftly dodged by rolling across the dusty ground out the way.

And as the young man returned to his feet, his hood fell back, and silver eyes Muse B thought he'd never see again glinted in the light.

Blood is thicker than scales

I’ve got a plot in mind that’s set within a world of elementalists. Two brothers, one of ice (Muse A) and the other of fire (Muse B), are also dragons. Mighty lords of the North and South, respectively.

They awaken within a cave, with no memory of the previous events that lead them there. But when they try to rise, they discover something is very wrong. No longer do they possess powerful wings, a massive tail, or skin of scales like chain-mail. Instead there’s vulnerable flesh, two wobbly legs, an unstable balance, and voices lacking the resonating growls they knew. Suddenly their predicament is far worse than just waking in a place they could not recall going to. They were puny humans! If not for the familiar silver eyes of Muse A, and the golden hues of Muse B, they didn’t know if they’d even recognize the each other.

Thrust into a world that is as foreign as the bodies they now possess, the brothers will have to learn how to survive and control the power of ice and fire that still exists within them; while searching for answers, and a way to return to normal.

Cursed

Through a curse, a knight is turned into a dragon. His fellow knights hunt him, believing he was killed by the dragon he has become. Dragons, aware of who he is, also hunt him, calling him an abomination. He is wounded and out of options when he finds aid in an unexpected source; the rebellious prince he guarded while human. But while trying to convince the royal of the truth—and his identity— he is forced to kidnap the young man to keep them both from a dastardly plot unfolding.
Captive in the tower... or not? ***** - ⚥ - CRAVING

You've all heard the story of the princess in the tower, yes? Guarded by a dragon, and rescued by a brave knight; shining armor optional. Well, what if things are not always as they appear?

Stories circle in many villages, telling of a fearsome dragon that lurks in the darkness of the Forgotten Forest, where lonely and long abandoned ruins reside. The crumbling stones are overgrown with vines, trees sprouting up on what used to be battlements, within courtyards, and through cracks in the cobblestone. No one remembers what it used to be, and no one dares venture close enough for investigation. For those that step foot into the shadows do not often return. And some brave and foolhardy few who walked the dangerous border swore that they'd heard a sound drifting from the ominous black, and it was a sound that seemed to contradict the Forgotten Forest entirely. Music. This lead tales to be woven, and soon rumors are lit like a wildfire, spreading details of a person being seen within the shadows, or a winged creature's silhouette in the night sky; of someone screaming for help, and sobbing that echoed in the dark. Some believed that a maiden was being held captive, and still others thought their missing loved ones had been kidnapped by the winged beast.

But what they did not know, is that this beast was not keeping anyone prisoner, but protected. And this beast, was a shape-shifting dragon, and appointed knight.

[I would like to be the dragon knight, which will be male. Your character can be either male or female (prince or princess). If male, this will be strictly platonic/friendship. If female, sub-plot romance can be incorporated, but is entirely optional. It just won't be the main plot-line — and speaking of which, that's up for debate! Let's get creative! Your character can have magic, be cursed somehow, have a sect of people hunting them, etc.

I also believe time works differently in their 'sanctuary'. So that when they are forced to leave (we won't just be sitting in one place for long!) the world they knew will have changed.

Royal masquerade - MxF romance

Muse A is a prince and soon to be appointed king, yet his kingdom is not excited about it; as his parents in life had not been favored rulers.

They increased taxes to support a posh lifestyle, slighted neighboring countries and made unjust demands over resources, bringing war upon the people, and never once seemed to care. Muse A is said to be just as brazen, and it's feared that he'll follow in his parent's footsteps — while rumors circulate about him being involved in sorcery and dark magic. This all prompts rebellion, and with those who act out being imprisoned or killed, matters are only becoming more serious with each passing day. So, when an opportunity presents itself in the form of a marriage requirement for Muse A, the revolution sends in a spy, Muse B, who is of nobility, to fulfill this role. As Muse A's wife, Muse B is placed in the ideal position to gather information for her cause, and if given the order, to even assassinate Muse A.

But what happens when Muse B gradually comes to learn that things are not always what they seem?

[I've got a vague plot in mind for this, but that and other details/brainstorming can be discussed in PM.]

Futuristic+Sci-fi
Exo x human(s) ( yeah, I have no better title for this, wow) ***** - - CRAVING BIG TIME - NEW

I'm currently very much in the mood to write an exo character; which, in case you're unfamiliar with the term, is a mechanical 'robotic' individual with the soul of a human.

Exos are relatively new to the world. The very concept that they could even exist in the first is just as fresh and newfangled as the technology that actually makes it happen. And needless to say, many are downright wary and uncertain of them, as few as they are (there aren't a lot of people lining up for the experiment, after all.)

My character is an exo, and a soldier brought onto a military team as some test to see how exos might benefit in the current war against an extraterrestrial enemy. And it'll be a bumpy start, of course, as those on the squadron are just as unsure about the newbie as the rest of the world. But I imagine over time, while fighting to survive and learning more about each other, they'll warm up to the idea. Maybe they're sent on a mission pretty early on, and everything goes wrong — gotta keep the tension going, right? We can definitely make things interesting.

Your [main]character can be the leader of the team, or another member, it's up to you. We'll also have several side characters involved to flesh out the team, etc.

Mercenaries R us *****

Muse A is a sarcastic and equally suave human. He has a past that haunts him, and secrets that lurk just below the surface. Muse B is his best friend (and Muse B's past, characteristics, etc, are up to you! Though it would be cool if he were an alien, just to mix it up.) They're both mercenaries/bounty hunters, making a living doing whatever odd jobs they come across, their home a ship they've upgraded and maintained for years; and they're constantly on the move through space, bouncing from one planet and port to the next. It's an exciting lifestyle, full of high-speed chases, laser fire, explosions, black market dealing, and wild brawls, just to name a few.

[ I have some basic ideas for this. Mainly including all kinds of adventures we can think of with our characters, which are mercenaries/bounty hunters in a sci-fi/futuristic world, obviously. But I want their friendship to be established, and them to be fiercely protective of one another like brothers. I want non-stop bromance vibes, and extra dashes of whump thrown in, ya'll. Sorry not sorry. I'm craving it really bad.

I also like the concept of my character being the shorter, smaller, light-footed assassin type, and yours of the larger, more muscular variety. More details and etc can be brainstormed together!]

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

This is not only futuristic+sci-fi, but post-apocalyptic in style, as well.

For centuries, Terrans and Martians have been at odds. Countless wars have been waged between the two races, and numerous battles, with an untold amount of casualties on both sides. No one really knows exactly why it all started, but animosity has always existed.

However, when a new threat arises, one from the deepest reaches of space, it threatens all it comes across, with no prejudice between races nor species. They want control. They want everything. And there is no negotiating with the creatures —simply referred to as Beasts— that have no remorse. So, as they say, desperate times call for desperate measures, and Terrans and Martians join forces to fend off the shared enemy; to save their kind from annihilation.

Fast forward fifty years, and relations between the two planets is neutral. However tension and racism still linger, though weapons are no longer pointed towards one another.

Present time:

Mars is ahead of its time in advanced technology, but has all but lost its life energy, and Earth was the direct casualty in the Dark War, with Beasts still lurking the shadows of the planet. Barricades and fortified cities have been constructed across the blue marble; the only safe places for civilization. And, in space, stations and battleships hang in the black expanse, protecting the planets from their enemies.

Among the starship fighters, Terrans and Martians fly and fight together incognito; with no distinguishing signs given to separate those of Earth, and those of Mars. This way, they all battle as one unit, and no, shall we say 'friendly fire' can be given with prejudice.

Muse B is one such starfighter, and he's a damn good one. He's from Earth, and commands a team of flyers. They constantly patrol the stars, defending the blue planet from the creatures who've made it their mission to attack the humans. But Muse B won't let them; and he has a growing tally of invaders he's shot down.

Muse A is also a starfighter. And like Muse B, he's talented, and determined. He's part of another team that sweeps in when things get hot, to aid the others in intense battles. Muse A has repeatedly helped Muse B out of tough scrapes, and over the times, they've become odd friends. Witty banter is constantly exchanged, and jokes given, even in dire situations. They're a lot alike, and get along rather well. They've got each other's backs.

Yet, they've never met outside these battles. No names have ever been said. No personal information given. They simply refer to each other by their callsigns.

But what happens when what seems another routine dogfight turns disastrous, and Muse B's ship is damaged? He's pulled into Earth's atmosphere, and left defenseless as Beasts zero in for the kill. However, Muse A is there once again, covering his friend the best he can. But soon he's caught between a rock and a hard place himself, and both ships go down. They crash onto the planet, within five hundred feet of one another, and somehow survive. Yet they've no communication equipment intact, and night is fast approaching. They'll be Beast prey if they don't come up with a plan.

Oh, did I forget one little matter?

After they crash, and escape their broken ships, they finally meet. Helmets are removed, and faces seen. But Muse B is taken aback when he learns his friend, his wingman, is a Martian.

Can they both put bad blood between their races aside, and work together to survive? They're going to have to. Who knows, maybe this will bring them closer than ever.

[Just to be clear, both races are human. But Terrans have normal hair and eyes colors, where Martians possess abnormal colorations, for example: silver eyes. They are easy to spot.]

Miscellaneous
Plot-less ideas

Bold = the role I would like.

Sniper / Team member
[This can be futuristic, cyberpunk, post-apocalyptic, or any other genre you think interesting. Their purpose could be agents on missions, bounty hunters, mercenaries, scavengers, heroes, also whatever you think interesting. Totally open for brainstorming and suggestions! But nothing with zombies. That feels too overdone, and I'm not wild about that direction.]

Mute character / Outcast who can understand them -
[I've been in the mood to give this a whirl, again. I intend to still use dialogue " " as if he were speaking, but to convey it as sign language, expressions, and such. Example: "Hand me that," he motions, gesturing to a canteen sitting atop his pack. Then taking it from the other's grasp, he gives a nod. "Thanks."
It's a work in progress, but I'd love to try it. Plot and such can be brainstormed together!]

Deaf character / Translator + Friend
Similar to the mute character, this one will use sign language to communicate, while incorporating expressive tags, etc. And I'd prefer to keep this in a fantasy medieval-ish setting, but the overall plot is totally up for debate!

Winged character / Winged character or non-winged -
[Saw this art and it gave me some ideas!]

Pirate / Royal -

Pirate / Naval officer

Something inspired by Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
[Been a while since I watched the anime, so nothing will be specific. Basically characters wake up in a strange RPG style world and have to learn to make a life/survive/etc.]

Fandom
Darkness meets the Dawn - HZD - - **

I've been toying with the idea of doing a RP set in the Horizon: Zero Dawn universe, where our characters, or at least one of our characters, is from the distant past; a soldier who'd been placed in cryogenic suspension. Perhaps they were part of some abandoned project — I'm not quite sure on all of the details. But I'd really like to give this a try! Now, I'm looking for someone who's actually played the game, and has a decent knowledge of it (not a master, of course, because I'm not one) as it would just be helpful to have an awareness on basic lore and geography.

PM me, and we can brainstorm the rest!

If any of these interest you, or you've got some ideas and think we would work well together, don't be afraid to PM me! (Please contact by PM, not by comments.)
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Bumping up. I'm really craving either Futuristic+Sci-fi plots. I'm also open to suggestions on bro-mantic unlikely pairs!

Bumpity, bump. Changed craving levels. Of those still open, currently craving the HZD concept under Fandom, and Hero / new sidekick in Plot-less ideas.

Wow, you're telling me I haven't updated or bumped this thread since May of last year? Yowzer. Well, time to change that!

I did a soft overhaul of my initial posting, cleaning up and editing a bit, etc; as well as added a new craving under Futuristic+Sci-fi, which I'm SUPER interested in doing,, but couldn't be bothered with finding a decent title, apparently: Exo x human(s) ( yeah, I have no better title for this, wow)

Last edited:
Bumpity, bump! Still craving that exo plot.

Bumping up. Added a new plot: X marks the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back