• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Haven Redux [CLOSED] (Roleplay)

Characters
Here
–Orion, Grimoire Quest–
Elrandir Elrandir , Thanny Thanny

Orion stood alongside Iseult as the elf kicked the door down, having been rather silent until this point. He rose a hand in a peaceful gesture. "No one move, and you will not be–" he started, but his words fell short when Iseult threw daggers to kill the goblins. A sigh escaped Orion as he charged another goblin, attempting a punch in the jaw of his neighbor before attempting to bring the other goblin into a chokehold in the crook of his arm.

"I was hoping we could come up with a more peaceful solution, young elf," Orion said dismally. "If we held them captive and bound them, there's a chance that we could use them as a bartering piece for the grimoire."

The monk's gaze shifted toward the woman. "It is alright; we will not allow any harm to come to you. What is your name?"

–Isadora, Undead Incursion–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Thanny Thanny

Isadora glanced in Pang's direction as the Zouyu headed her way. She waved him off. "I'll be fine! Don't worry about me!" Her emerald gaze followed the fireball zooming past, striking the wall from behind the combatants. They needed to find the source of this blast, and quickly! The destruction that he'd be able to conjure would be catastrophic, especially if he could land such fireballs with great precision from such a distance.

It was hard for Isadora to discern the sender. She began fumbling in that direction, shoving undead bodies with her scythe as she fought past. One grasped her hair, mouth agape, and spear ready to run her through. She gripped the upper pole of the spear, melting the metal with her scorching touch before shoving the heated pole back in the direction of the undead assaulting her. It let out a cry, concerned about the damage she wrought. Taking this opportunity, she swung its head clean off its shoulders with a well-met swing of her scythe, before the proud woman continued on her journey to find the flame-wielder.

She fell short in her tracks as Pang placed a hand on her shoulder, not realizing that the Zouyu had been following her through the hoards of undead during her search for Mio Mirando. Her gaze fell to her shoulder before meeting the tiger's eyes. There was something oddly gentle in his demeanor, which always surprised her given that he was a tiger and, well, fiercer in nature. "You have my thanks," she told Pang. "I will give it what I can."

She could feel the pool of her mana increase, a strange electrical charge setting upon her shoulders and an odd tingling that surged through her fingertips. She felt great, invincible even. The raven-haired elf turned and noticed the zombie with a crown, and it didn't take her long to discern that this was likely the mastermind behind the destruction of the wall.

Twirling her scythe, Isadora brought a hand to her chest, uttering a quiet prayer.

O' bringer of light
Bearer of wings
Bless me with the holy mana bequeathed unto thee!

Jabbing her scythe into the ground, Isadora invoked upon her patron, a green aura emanating around the woman briefly. This would grant her access to light and healing magic. Something which, she felt, would prove most useful against her current adversary.

The wall of flame which he conjured troubled Isadora, but while he was distracted seemed like the perfect opportunity to strike. Bringing the base of her palms together, Isadora let loose a beam of white holy energy to charge Mio Mirando, aiming for the torso. It would be likely, at that point, that she would've arrested his attention. She offered him a soft smile as she approached, her gait confident, if not arrogant, as she approached.

"Your reign of terror ends here," she said. "I will not allow you to torment the people of this village any longer."

- Henry and Gabriel - Undead incursion -

Henry and Gabriel accompanied the others as they were teleported to the familiar aquafolk village Henry had helped a few weeks ago. A familiar sight of Briggs and his allies brought a small smile to Henry's face as he recognized them almost immediately as he shot them a greetings salute. As they were briefed on the situation and considering how poorly defended the village seemed to be at the time, they had manpower and firepower definitely, but a good offense needs a good defense as its foundation.

while the others went on to take down and hold back the undead army Gabriel stood behind to bolster defenses, creating barriers of rocks from Eximus's endless supply of rocks, he made quite a few barriers and barriacdes of rocks, with spikes to impale incoming undead around both the village's interior and exterior. The main gate was the most reinforced, having several barriers around its perimeter to hold back the undead should they get close.

Henry on the other hand took a detour in that he did not go straight ahead to face the undead like his allies, instead he went around. A good flank always proved useful, while the others took the army head on, dwindling their numbers greatly. Henry picked off the backline. Taking down zombie archers with the speed and deadlyness of wind, undead mages and lesser liches with fire's deadly fury, turns out flesh is real vulnerable to fire...who would've thought. Breaking off larger undeads apart with the strenght of earth all the while keeping himself rather unscathed with the motion and deftness of water.

Overrall Henry had done quite a number on the backline of the enemy, depriving them somewhat of their ranged support, but more were on the way, they needed to take down the leader first. Though he needed a double take as he heard the name of the leader, Mio Mirando...really?

The wave of fire sent by Mio Mirando was mostly blocked by Galla's skeletal centipede, not only would it manage to impede the flames but also become resistant to fire as a result, but nevertheless Gabriel had arrived at the scene, having had finished reinforcing the village's defenses, using his advanced psychic energy to reinforce the centipede's shield with a barrier of psychic energy, it would block the residual heat of the flames, keeping them from reaching the others.

"Is everyone alright?" Gabriel's Ai asked them all aloud.

"Hey everyone, sorry im late, I was taking their backline." Henry spoke, also arriving to regroup with the main party, llanding in a nice display of wind and fire magic dissipating around him as he arrived. "So what's the plan, Pang?" Henry asked. Before seeing Isadora fire a giant holy laser at Mio. "Ah, so that's the plan." Henry reaffirmed himself. "Any casualties?" He asked Pang.

Thanny Thanny Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Hektor - The Gentleman - The War Front -

Hektor had barely arrived, later than his allies as he had some trouble with some tea bots getting the wrong tea and another refusing to work, saying it was striclty a coffee bot, preposterous!. Regardless Hektor had already arrived, only to see diplomacy out the window as the enemy party was already being bombarded with fire, Hektor missed most of it but the spectacle was quite a sight.

He did notice fighting with individuals though, most specificaly a blind looking man with a cane (Jerod), The man even though he was blind was an adventurer! and had just taken down one of the bandits, but he was about to be attacked from the back, concern for his fellow cane weapon wielder emerged from him as he sprung to action, in order to help the man.

The bandit with the ice pick, clumsily about to stab Jerod would face the fact that a bladed serrated whip was heading towards their hand holding the pick, ready to coil around, inflicting several grieving slashing and puncture wounds onto the man's arm, possibly disarming him, as Hektor would pull the whip, possibly knocking the man onto the floor due to his clumsy footing, and should that happen all the bandit would see was a swift stomp to the forehead by Hektor's fancy boots.

RikuXIII RikuXIII Thanny Thanny

Last edited:
- Grimoire in the Goblin Den quest, with Yltriss -
Elrandir Elrandir Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Within the den of goblins, there were none of the filthy creatures that really understood what exactly was happening except that they were under attack. Two of the nearby goblins were quickly dispatched by a pair of thrown knives aimed for their heads, falling like sacks of potatoes. Orion was swift as well, clocking one of the goblins with a well-aimed punch, and the other, while he tried his best to slip away, was no match for someone more well-versed in hand-to-hand combat. He was quickly strangulated by a well-performed choke hold and fell to the ground, unconscious or dead, depending on what Orion planned to do with him.

The remaining goblin which was punched in the face retreated to the corner, speaking broken language that they could understand.

"Stop! Me hurt no. Me fight no!" he spoke and signed to the others, a manic attempt to surrender under these dire straits. Upon closer inspection, he was dressed in a little bit of finery, a bone necklace dangling around this neck and just a bit more loincloth than the others. He was a shaman, but he did not seem to want to fight. "Grimoire, yes? No? I help, yes? No?"

In the meantime, Yltriss came in, her robe billowing around her as she came to a halt from a quick run. Looking around, it was obvious that the others had things well handled, but there was that one goblin she heard speaking from outside the door. The girl she scried from before seemed tethered but otherwise all right, and tears seemed to trickle down her face at the sight of a man infinitely more beautiful than the goblins who were about to make some sort of ill use of her.

"Heather," she replied to Orion, slipping further upwards so that she was sitting partially on her feet. "My name's Heather. I'd all but given up on surviving down here, and here you are. Heaven has ways of smiling down on people when you least expect it, I guess." She looked over to the goblin, a smugness and contempt shining through her still-sobbing countenance as the captor became the captive. "Aren't you going to kill him too?"

- The War Front quest, with Berry -
Elrandir Elrandir HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria RikuXIII RikuXIII Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Sonya's fight with the needle-bladed man was swiftly brought to a close by the man gaping at some sort of sorcery that spilled out from her wound, and by him not recovering from the scene before the battle axe fell. The light sword snapped like a twig under the weight of the head of the weapon, and he soon was cloven as well.

In terms of the fight between Jerod and the tripped one of the three that ran nearby him, that too was brought to a quick end by the precise whiplash of Hektor's battle cane coiling around the man's fingers and pulling him to the ground. These bandits, no matter their skill with the bow, could not match the combat experience of the Haven members, and attempting to get back on his feet merely ended with a stomp of Hektor's foot, knocking the bandit out cold.

This was a crushing failure to the lead marksman, and he could both feel it around his neck by Faloan's coiling tail and by looking about at all of the fallen. One of his hands still clung to his bow, and the other, burned one wrapped partially around her tail in an effort to escape. It was no use unless he used magic, but she would see that possibility a mile away.

Faloan -- and dragons in general -- was something entirely alien to him. Her chant in an effort to obtain something came with the yellow glow of her eyes, and he almost called upon the power of water to attempt an escape. What happened next surprised him, however, as she was able to speak without speaking, directly to his brain. The questions were the same as before, but now he had the possibility of answering her, and he tried to do the same as her and projected his worded thoughts to her.

"We did what we had to. The nomadic tribe I live with is in need of medicine, and the world has rejected giving us any. Sometimes you have to fight to survive, alone or together. We judged poorly, and now we paid the price. My brothers and sisters in arms . . . I failed you." His eyes closed hard for a second or two before he rooted his gaze back to hers. "They call me Soo. I don't have any fancier name, nor do I need one. My heritage is one of an elemental plane of water, but a summoner brought me here and bound me to this world. What a kook he was. I still remember his rants about 'elephants' rhyming with 'elements.' He promised my freedom after answering questions, and then slipped off, leaving me in that temporal ball and chain. I guess he forgot.

"My life is worthless for anyone but me, but if there are any survivors have a heart and give them some painkiller medicine to bring back to my tribe. We are talking about dozens of halflings and gnomes. The affliction this world gives to people who want a free life is . . . horrible. Mindless, screaming pain every few minutes before it calms again. Yuniforali -- that is, you-knee-for-ay-lee -- is the drug that can calm it into regression after three daily doses. Please, Miss."

- Undead Incursion quest, with Pang -
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Mio Mirando clicked his tongue at the sight of a giant fire-resistant centipede impeding upon the path of his firewall, blocking out the majority of it and soon afterwards snuffing the residual flames out of existence. His own troops were incinerated in the process, and very few casualties, if any, appeared on the other side. Wait, no casualties? Besides the centipede, there was some sort of almost invisible wall. There was someone that was able to project such a thing on the other side? An extended index finger burned bright with a white flame in an effort to pierce through the centipede and the shining wall in a focused manner, but Ceres jumped into the fray from her platforms and dared to assault him directly with a stabbing motion of a sword glowing with positive energy. Not only that, but Isadora shot forth a beam of light magic and attacked him too with a strike to his torso.

This was a challenge to Mio. His movement was nowhere near that of his prime, his flesh and bone decayed beyond the intrinsic uses of necromancy, but he managed to slip sideways and out of the way of Ceres and her weapon. Regarding Isadora, his free hand summoned a weapon from out of nowhere, a spear made of whale bones and filled with tainted magic enough to unnaturally parry the beam of energy, no matter its holy properties.

"Hah! Now die by the tongues of flames!" he spat out, pointing towards Ceres.

His finger still lit with white flame, he aimed to blast a hole through the paladin by pointing it at her chest and unleashing a gout of white-red flame. This ability would be very difficult to block, able to pierce through the centipede and mental shield like a bullet, so the best option was to dodge. Mio was also feeling especially cocky. If Ceres could dodge and attack at the same time, his extended hand was wide open. Isadora could strike as well, his side well open for a potential strike and his spear behind him.

Pang glanced over to Henry, happy to see that the young man was here. He was pivotal in his last involvement with the undead, and now he had a strong chance to be pivotal once again.

"Some casualties, but there could be much, much more. We need to take out the leader. If that happens, the undead might flee like last time, and then they would be easy to pick off. Join the assault, Henry. I'll take the front line while you, Isadora, and Ceres take the fiend in charge of all of this!"

With that, the Zouyu smiled at Henry one last time before charging back into the fray, using his quarterstaff and natural spring to bounce over the centipede and shield (if in the way) and into the enemy line, causing a bit of devastation from his weapon-led descent. Yes, those three were perfect for the job. Henry, Isadora, and Ceres -- a strong counter to anything undead, if judging from their skills and tactics.

- Faloan Apateon - War Front Quest -
Thanny Thanny HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria RikuXIII RikuXIII Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

"Ah, so you learned a valuable lesson today, child. Always be prepared for any possible eventuality. The deaths of those who put their faith in you will follow you until the end of your days," Faloan said as she moved her tail closer to look at the marksman, "but I can understand a world that rejects you and your pleas for help."

The Dragoness listened to who the marksman was, and what he and his group had to do to survive. She could understand sacrifice, she had done it before, and once she could go back to her home world, she probably would do it again, for all the time she had to live. Soo, as the strange marksman was called, asked the Dragoness to have a heart and give them some painkiller medicine for his tribe. So this world had an affliction? That was some interesting information. After looking at Soo for a few seconds, Faloan turned to the lead guard in charge of the caravan.

"I have learned something interesting from this child. Apparently, all this group of thieves wanted was to steal something called Yuniforali, a drug that calm some sort of affliction that the world gives to the people. All so they could give it to the members of a nomadic tribe which he belongs to. Halflings and gnomes, dozens, he said," she said to the lead guard, "Now, if you are so kind, please explain this affliction that makes people scream in pain every few minutes."

Faloan's glowing draconic eyes slowly moved between the stockier gnome driver and the young halfling girl.

"At this point, his life is mine to do with it as I please. Whether he lives or dies is of no consequence to you, same with those who managed to survive. You will be able to continue with your journey while we worry about their fates," Faloan said in an eerily calm voice, all while smiling to them, "Also, if possible, I would like to trade my payment in gold for this mission in exchange for some of this medicine."

- Iseult Mylis - Grimoire in the Goblin Den Quest -
Thanny Thanny Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Iseult rolled her eyes at Orion's comment.

"There is one we can use for that. And one who is more important, by the look of it," she said as she watched at the shaman goblin before going to the ones that were already dead, taking her daggers back, "So, you know what is that that we are looking for? That's interesting, but I suppose you expected that would happen at some point, yes?"

The Dra'tul began to carve off an ear of each of the fallen goblins and then put them in a pouch on her belt. She turned around once Yltriss came in.

"We have one survivor. An important goblin, if its "clothes" are to be trusted. It also knows about the grimoire and that we were possibly looking for it," she said to Yltriss, "the question is: would it be wise to trust that it can help us? or should we use it as a bargaining chip to whoever is in the middle room?"

Iseult managed to hear Heather asking if they were going to kill the goblin, something in her voice made her realize that she wanted the creature dead, no matter what.

"The goblin will stay alive, for now," she answered Heater without really turning to look at her, instead she looked at the creature, "this is a team job, we need to decide if we either get rid of the creature right now, or we use it to our advantage. But no matter the choice, we have to make it together."

(Iseult has 2/3 globlin ears (depending if Orion kills the one he is holding). Will take the one from the first goblin once they go out. IF they survive.)

Public Announcement from the Host: The Haven is now closed until further notice. Thank you for the entertainment and storytelling, all, *bows*. It was a blast while it lasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back