• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The haunted Hallows - open for all

Anastasia continued to run home, until she eventually she got to her house. She fell on her couch, huffing and puffing. Honestly she felt like rubbish. She was ultra unfit.

Should Anastasia go and have a shower?

A yes
B no
C have a bath

Windsock Windsock

Anastasia continued to run home, until she eventually she got to her house. She fell on her couch, huffing and puffing. Honestly she felt like rubbish. She was ultra unfit.

Should Anastasia go and have a shower?

A yes
B no
C have a bath

Windsock Windsock

C. Take a bath? Right after running all this way? No, man, just go rest. Go straight to bed.

Do you just want to start a new quest?

Now that you mention that, yes, we can start a new one. This time, I want to feature a traveler out in the woods, pushed to search a new life away from his village and pulled into one outrageous scenario after another. The story would be set in a fractured empire engulfed in a succession war, a series of minor rebellions, a possible religious war on the horizon, and wars of conquest outside the empire. Basically, we're set in Germany, during the time of the Holy Roman Empire, where the emperor was supposed to keep a tight hold on his subjects but did so unsuccessfully. It was a pretty hard job. That's just the story I want to be written, you decide if you're up for the challenge, because it will drag you straight to work.

Let the idea settle in your mind for a while. If you decide its worth a shot, then we can continue this discussion.

Now that you mention that, yes, we can start a new one. This time, I want to feature a traveler out in the woods, pushed to search a new life away from his village and pulled into one outrageous scenario after another. The story would be set in a fractured empire engulfed in a succession war, a series of minor rebellions, a possible religious war on the horizon, and wars of conquest outside the empire. Basically, we're set in Germany, during the time of the Holy Roman Empire, where the emperor was supposed to keep a tight hold on his subjects but did so unsuccessfully. It was a pretty hard job. That's just the story I want to be written, you decide if you're up for the challenge, because it will drag you straight to work.

Let the idea settle in your mind for a while. If you decide its worth a shot, then we can continue this discussion.

I like this idea, would you be able to make the the topic and tag me? And just guide me through it? :)

I like this idea, would you be able to make the the topic and tag me? And just guide me through it? :)

Are you familiar with the medieval ages? You can start by asking me specific questions.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but I know a thing or two, so I can give you my thoughts. I know where the story will begin, you can start as one of the many sons of a farmer looking for work in the nearby towns. The trip is hard, and there is a possibility that you won't make it back alive, but you are willing to do what it takes to make a life of your own. You are intelligent, have the ambition to become rich, and are willing to learn new skills no matter how long it takes. Life on the farm is not so hard, it is difficult for people who aren't used to it, as there is a heavy workload for everyone, but you have proven yourself to be a hardworking and industrious lad.

But this does not satisfy you, you dream of becoming a craftsman, of making raw iron and steel into weapons that strike fear into the hearts of your enemies, or maybe build tools to make life more convenient. Or maybe you dream of becoming an administrator, to enforce the rules of this troubled land full of organized criminals and petty thieves. Maybe you can even become a soldier, who wins glory for his people and most of all to his God by fighting for a righteous cause. You have the ideals, the talent, and the passion to seize this life of yours, but you lack the skills and opportunity to sustain it. So, you travel, in search for greater glory for yourself, your family, your people, and to the glory of God.

And all of this is set in a world where everybody is fighting like hell over power, over what they think is right, over what they think should happen. You are just one of the many minor players in a sea of rich conflict. What will you do to succeed in this world? Will you take the righteous path and instill the fear of God into your enemies? Or will you succumb to your human flaws and make a deal with the devil in exchange for your soul? The choice is yours.

There can be magic, or mythical creatures, tribes of pagans even, but the dominant setting here is the power of organized religion, the superiority of medieval technology, and the ambition of men gradually wearing down the old world of mysticism. That's what I want, what do you have in mind?

Are you familiar with the medieval ages? You can start by asking me specific questions.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but I know a thing or two, so I can give you my thoughts. I know where the story will begin, you can start as one of the many sons of a farmer looking for work in the nearby towns. The trip is hard, and there is a possibility that you won't make it back alive, but you are willing to do what it takes to make a life of your own. You are intelligent, have the ambition to become rich, and are willing to learn new skills no matter how long it takes. Life on the farm is not so hard, it is difficult for people who aren't used to it, as there is a heavy workload for everyone, but you have proven yourself to be a hardworking and industrious lad.

But this does not satisfy you, you dream of becoming a craftsman, of making raw iron and steel into weapons that strike fear into the hearts of your enemies, or maybe build tools to make life more convenient. Or maybe you dream of becoming an administrator, to enforce the rules of this troubled land full of organized criminals and petty thieves. Maybe you can even become a soldier, who wins glory for his people and most of all to his God by fighting for a righteous cause. You have the ideals, the talent, and the passion to seize this life of yours, but you lack the skills and opportunity to sustain it. So, you travel, in search for greater glory for yourself, your family, your people, and to the glory of God.

And all of this is set in a world where everybody is fighting like hell over power, over what they think is right, over what they think should happen. You are just one of the many minor players in a sea of rich conflict. What will you do to succeed in this world? Will you take the righteous path and instill the fear of God into your enemies? Or will you succumb to your human flaws and make a deal with the devil in exchange for your soul? The choice is yours.

There can be magic, or mythical creatures, tribes of pagans even, but the dominant setting here is the power of organized religion, the superiority of medieval technology, and the ambition of men gradually wearing down the old world of mysticism. That's what I want, what do you have in mind?

I love this idea!

I love this idea!

Let the idea sink in first, then you begin writing on the subject, and while you're at it, you can ask questions. The idea can be attractive, but you need to be familiar with the story you're writing about. So, just give yourself time, if you really want to explore a new world out there, you gotta make yourself comfy there first.

Could you make the topic? And write out the plot?

I thought you'd make it and I would be the one to crank out the ideas. My hope is that we'd attract enough people to get their ideas as well, while you'd be the one to write and ultimately decide the route the story would take. But, if you're asking me to write the story from the ground up, which I can actually, it also means that you're not really familiar with the setting. You can't write what you don't know about. The foundation of writing is based on knowledge and experience, what we know about the world around us. That's why I asked you to let the idea settle first, so you could get to know more about the topic. And if you really like the idea, and decided to put your heart into exploring it, you'd always find ways to write about your experience. You can do that without me explaining everything, which will take a lot of time and effort on my part.

I can simply point you to the right direction to take, and I am limited to that only. I can share my thoughts, I can give you guidance when you're confused, and I can even criticize you when I think you're going the wrong path. But, ultimately, as the GM, you must do all the hard work. Give your blood, sweat, and tears to see this fantasy of yours turn into words, words that can be read by all of us.

Okay, I admit that my demands might be unfair, considering that I was the one who gave you this idea in the first place. You might be thinking since I was the person who did that, I might be obligated to give you my full cooperation on this matter. But, first, you must prove to me that you can write, that's all, really. I need a firm grasp on your ability, since I am. . . making an investment in you and this story. If it turns out that you're not that good, I might actually be doing most of the work for you.

Those are just my concerns, but I do have hopes that this story can succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back