• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Halloween Game IC

Matthew Hines

A boy began taking pictures of Matthew. He seemed... different. Maybe it was just how he looked, but he had a stranger aura than any one else in the general area. "H-hey, excuse me, could I ask why you are taking pictures of us?"

Turns out the girl from before had begun to recuperate, and wanted to explore the mansion. At first, Matthew was against the idea. It's a mansion in the middle of nowhere and it looked like people were inside. But then again, it's not like he had a better plan. She had a point, we'd be sitting ducks otherwise. To the point of death, probably not. Nonetheless, it was important to remember the basics. He states his concerns quickly, before the girl can do anything irrational. "Wait a sec. Before we go in, I personally think it's important to work together here. I know we just met, and that's a bit risky, but there is power in numbers. With that in mind, I say we take caution before getting too deep in there. We don't want another incident like... well the one you had. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that." He proceeds to look at the party. It isn't a lot, but the more people can agree, the better chances of survival. It's just math. Hopefully the others will agree...

Interactions: seasonedcat seasonedcat Missy Missy User User Tiguidi Tiguidi

tumblr_pafwj6YYsq1udfjaho1_1280.jpg

Akuri Takao

Akuri offered William an apologetic shrug, throwing her hands up in silent defense.

An awkward laugh of incredulity escaped her lips. “A murderous cult of weirdos?” She repeated, a bit slowly, as though Ayda’s words were a riddle to solve, “I’m sorry — did we all watch the same tapes?” The answer felt like a ‘no’ to her. The group didn’t look like a bunch of people ready to risk their lives for a wish, just some random strangers who happened to wander upon the same suspicious mansion. Especially the one with coffee — he strolled in so casually like he was ready to clock into a 9-5 job. Then, there was the cameraman, who seemed so absorbed in his own quiet world. But, maybe Akuri was missing something. Maybe they knew something about this game that kept them calmer than she could be.

The camera was suddenly pointed in Akuri’s direction, breaking her train of thought. Her nose scrunched up slightly as she tossed an arm up to cover her face. She waited, just until the click of the shutter silenced, before letting her arm fall. She looked over at Isui, concern mixed under her veiled gaze. She didn’t know why anyone would bring a professional camera here unless they were a journalist. Though, he did look a bit young. “Sorry, I'm not trying to ruin your… news article,” Akuri tried, a bit hesitantly.“But, could you delete that?” She didn’t want pieces of herself being stuck in a camera, it was bad luck and all that.

Eventually, the coffee guy spoke up, calling for everyone to work together. She liked his tone a lot better than the injured girl's. His words were sensible — maybe the only sensible thing that's happened within the past hour — so Akuri quickly nodded along to what he had to say. "I agree. Sticking together seems like the safest bet right now. And it'll probably make us feel a lot better than aimlessly walking around some haunted mansion." She paused, sitting in uncertain silence before adding, "I'm Akuri, by the way."

Interactions: seasonedcat seasonedcat Missy Missy Juju Juju Tiguidi Tiguidi Ciscodog Ciscodog

glassesboy.jpgIt seemed that the little group got a little larger as William heard some footsteps behind him. Glancing backward, he noticed a blond man -well, he seemed younger but whatever, walking up. “Oh, uh, nah, I think everything’s fine for now. Thanks.”, he replied to the new arrival. He gave another glance at Ayda but she seemed to be able to stand on her own.

“At least having a cult do this would bring some better explanation than what I have so far…”, he mumbled to himself. “But even if there's a cult behind this, I doubt they’d just come out of the bushes to kill us. I guess we all saw the rules to this Halloween Game, right? We just gotta keep following the instructions. If anything, I wouldn’t be surprised if not following them would bring us trouble…” He brought a hand to his chin in thought. “I do agree that we should get inside but I doubt we’d get any help like you want.”

William exhaled through his nose as he tried to recap everything that happened so far in his head. First, as much as he hated to admit, it seemed that this spiritual… Halloween Game ritual… thing, was actually real, proven by the impossible date on his phone and the bus ride to a place he knew wasn’t close to his home. Secondly, the manor in front. If this didn’t scream ‘go inside for further instructions’, then he didn’t know what did. Furthermore, having an injured person proved how lethal this ‘game’ could be. ’Not to mention spiritual things tend to attract weird people… but I never said that out loud.’

He caught a few words of two of these people inquiring about having pictures of them taken. “Oh yeah, delete mine too. Thank you!”, he quickly said with a faux-friendly wave of his hand. Might as well get this out of the way now since he didn't have to be the one to initiate that.

“That being said, I doubt we’re all gathered here for no reason so staying together sounds like a plan.” He purposely left out anything about entering the mansion. That’d probably make the others think he’d be the one leading the way, which he absolutely didn’t want. A bit of a selfish thought but he’d rather have the spiritual weirdos be in front. They’d have a much better idea of what to look for anyway. “My name’s William. Uh, nice to meet you all, I guess.”

Juju Juju User User Ciscodog Ciscodog Missy Missy seasonedcat seasonedcat

Matthew Hines
"I'm glad we could reach an agreement." Despite everything going on currently, Matthew smiles warmly. "I'm Matthew. Hope to be a good helper around here!" Introductions complete for himself, Matthew decides to take another close look at the mansion. The one light that is on... covered otherwise... fog so thick you can barely see your own two feet... a mysterious gate that circles the mansion... And a phone that still reads the 32nd of October. "Well, I say we may as well get some answers inside before anything takes us from the shadows." He takes a few steps closer to the mansion, awaiting the others to follow. He made sure to stay in eye sight of them, especially with the fog. He sips his coffee once again. "Ready?"
Interactions: Tiguidi Tiguidi User User seasonedcat seasonedcat Missy Missy

(This is posted on my phone, sorry if it's bad or small, it's hard to tell sjdjkrkr)
Isui wrinkled his nose in annoyance at the question and quickly avoided answering it, he wanted to finish this up so he could get to the actual interesting stuff here. As he went to continue with taking pictures, one of them blocked it. Isui let out a 'tch' of annoyance, "I know you all think this is some joke, but it's not. This is the real fucking deal. This is what I have been looking for for ages. The proof I needed." He spoke in an annoyed tone that quickly turned to one of excitement as his topic shifted. He then blinked, deciding that the easiest way to get this done with the others would be to speak to them.

"No, I won't delete it, it's a polaroid anyway. Don't you know how these work? Plus I'm taking pictures and names so that bodies can be identified in the likely case you guys die out here." He spoke simply as if he were talking about a horror game and not. He then raised the camera to take an image of her, hopefully, this time she would let him, "can I take it now." He asked half-heartedly, this time waiting for her answer so he didn't waste any more film.

"I also need everyone's names to write down on each image with your age and city probably? Or address? Something so that the police know where to go." He joked lightly at the end, this may have been real life, but it seemed like he was treating it as more of a game.

Interactions Missy Missy Ciscodog Ciscodog User User Tiguidi Tiguidi |

tumblr_pafwj6YYsq1udfjaho1_1280.jpg
Akuri Takao

Akuri’s mouth dropped open, insulted that she’d be grouped up as a skeptic.

“I will not have my picture taken in this world,” she said simply. “But if you’re really that concerned about my wellbeing,” Akuri shifted her backpack to the front of her stomach, quickly unzipped it, and yanked out a small, leather notebook. She scribbled something down before ripping out the page and handing it to Isui. It was her name and address. Work address, technically.

Akuri shifted away from Isui, trying not to let herself get frustrated by his arrogance. Of course, the only other spiritual person here had to be the kind that was dead set on proving their beliefs to the world. But, if the supernatural wanted to be seen, they would've shown themselves. Akuri couldn't help but feel that Isui's mission was the fastest way to screw himself over.

She gave a nod to Matthew and William in acknowledgment when they introduced themselves. "Nice to meet you all too. Wish it were under different circumstances."

No one seemed eager to move forward. They all hovered near the road to the mansion, some farther away than others. With a small sigh, Akuri touched her armlet and muttered something softly in Japanese, before stepping forward and heading towards the mansion. There was little hesitation in her walk, trusting - maybe foolishly - in all the charms she wore. “Alright, let’s go. No one fall behind, please.”

mentions: seasonedcat seasonedcat Tiguidi Tiguidi Missy Missy Ciscodog Ciscodog

tJCdvB2c.png

Ayda determinately asserted her glare upon the dedicated mansion, tedious in its nature as it continued to lure them all forward with its sole light. She shifted attention in surprise, noticing the black haired woman, one so recently spooked by Adya's appearance, or origin, being the first to move. She was unsure but regardless, Ayda followed toe behind the woman towards the ominous door. With her right arm held close to her core, the other strayed up, lining along the grooves of the door that she approached as they arrived, given the increased confidence from movements of fellow groupies. Without hesitation she would proceed to grab the doorbell handle and swiftly release it against the door to evoke a powerful ringing vibration that she imagined would proceed to alert the rest of the premesses. Ayda eyed over her shoulder with an almost bewildered appearance before settling down into a gentle giggle. "I bet we will be greeted by a well groomed butler". She stated bluntly and mockingly, laughing nervously. Ayda winced slightly from the painful reminder of her ignorance, but would attempt to maintain her posture. "Sorry for the spook show earlier...I almost lost my cool there." she offered, clearing her throat as she stepped back, looking up towards the illuminated window, before glancing over her shoulder to see whomever joined them in this adventure to dismantle the attempted murders.

User User seasonedcat seasonedcat Ciscodog Ciscodog Tiguidi Tiguidi Juju Juju

Matthew Hines
"Let's do this." Matthew joins the group moving to the mansion. It was unsettling, putting it lightly. Sure, it was just a large house with a light on in one of the windows. But there was just something... not right. He could feel that when they entered in, it would be a while before anyone had a chance to walk back out. Ayda proceeds to stab some fun at the group, fantasizing who will greet them. She also asks for some forgiveness about the previous incident. "It's alright, just be careful out there. We don't know what to expect. While a butler would be a nice welcome, I don't think that's what we are going to be seeing here. Unfortunately."

Interactions: Missy Missy seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju Tiguidi Tiguidi User User

The manor loomed eerie and still in its grandeur, its vacant windows staring down at the group like empty eyes. Its entrance was lined in old ivy, the two front doors a rich, dark wood with a knocker made into the likeliness of a lion with a snake in its mouth. Two gilded lanterns stood watch on either side of the door, their dim lights offering a somewhat hollow comfort in the ever pressing gloom.

It was Ayda who took it upon herself to announce their presence. The knocker unleashed a deep ringing sound that echoed through the quiet courtyard. Without wind or the usual garden creatures to make sound, the ring lasted longer than it should normally have.

Nobody came to answer the door, and certainly not a butler. In fact, after closer inspection, the door was already ajar by the slightest amount. There was no doorstop, nor did the lock seem to be tampered with in any way. The door was simply left open by almost the width of a hand. It stood agape slightly, like a missing tooth, and offered up more than enough space to peek through.

From what could be seen, the entranceway was just as dark as the rest of the house. The foyer was spacious, offering dark wooden floors, an exquisitely lavish rug, and a lamp that looked more at home in a victorian historical fiction. Along the walls were paintings covered by thin white sheets. Immediately to the left of the door was a small table with a book and an outrageously large feather pen. It was too far to read from outside, not to mention too dark. Above it was an ornately decorated silver mirror, uncovered unlike the paintings. There was even a coat rack.

If the party did not open the door, it would begin to slowly open inwards on its own.

The inside of the foyer was darker than the outside thanks to the lack of windows or light sources. Just barely, they would make out a door to the East, a door to the West, and a set of grand staircases to the second floor. The second floor appeared as a single hallway stretching to the right and left broken up by a few doors.

Upstairs was just as dark, but the party would recall the room with the light had been on the second story, towards the right.

drawn by me using the power of PAINT!!!! Its bad, i know, but its all you got ok. x'D

Foyer map.jpg

Missy Missy seasonedcat seasonedcat Ciscodog Ciscodog User User Tiguidi Tiguidi

glassesboy.jpgRaising an eyebrow at Isui’s words, William couldn’t help letting out a light scoff. “Wow, how kind of you.”, he dryly remarked, amused. “Y’know, you should be careful, people acting like you do often die first in horror movies.” He left it at that. His response was a bit unfiltered, if not ominous but people like that got on his nerves easily. ’Well, whatever. If we’re lucky, no trouble’ll happen.’ Of course, a single glance at Ayda’s damaged arm was enough to convince him that things wouldn’t be as easy as he wanted.

“Yep, ready. I don’t think we have much of a choice, at this point…” Mumbling that last part, William took a step forward in the mansion’s direction, satisfied not to be the first to go; being in the middle of the group felt like the best choice at the moment.

“A groomed butler? Please, I’m expecting skeleton butlers at worst.”, he replied at Ayda’s comment, showing a forced grin himself to ease his nervousness. “Eh, don’t worry about it.”, he shrugged. “It was pretty justified, if you ask me.”

His eyes slowly darted left and right when he and the others entered the unnerving building. The already-open door made him go in high-alert; if that didn’t confirm someone or something was waiting for them, then nothing would.

“... Welp, no skeleton butler… I think literally everyone is aware of our presence so might as well bring out the big guns.” Musing to himself, the bespectacled boy produced a flashlight from his pocket, clicking the power button with his thumb. The black device came to life then, illuminating the area in a cone in front of William and giving everyone a better view of the surroundings.

Of course, the first thing that caught his eye was the open book by the entrance. Without a word, the boy waved the flashlight one last time across the area before focusing the light on the book, curious about its content.

Reading the instruction manual should always be the first thing done. The same applied here… right?

Ciscodog Ciscodog seasonedcat seasonedcat User User Missy Missy Juju Juju

1644585310293.pngIsui let out a huff at all the negative responses he was receiving, it wasn't something he was not used to, but he still had hoped deep down that when faced with a situation like this they might actually listen to someone who might be able to know something. The girl didn't want her photo taken in this place, he didn't bother to bring up to her that even if she blocked her face it was still a photo of her. He pocketed that photo for her, not wanting to argue because it was a good excuse.

he followed the others without saying much, rolling his eyes at their jokes. He was far to excited for this to be some stupid little joke. This wasn't dumb horror films or books, this was real and it made him so happy. He would finally be taken seriously, his neighbor would finally not be laughed at when mentioned.

Isui moved away from the others when he entered, a sense of familiarity at the mansion made his head tilt, he had definitely seen this place before, he just has seen too many creepy mansions to pin point it right on the spot. He shrugged it off for now, deciding to move through the room instead. He began to search through his side satchel, bringing out a flashlight to use. He brought it out, cursing slightly to himself at it's quality, dollar store wasn't a good place to buy flashlights.

He moved to the couch and table, glancing at the table to see if it had layers of dust or anything on it or around it on the floor. Even if he wanted to move through the mansion right away, he also didn't want to miss anything in this room as there might not be a chance to go back later. Or maybe he was just thinking too much like when you play horror games. Either way he decided he could look around for a little.

Of course, the first thing that caught his eye was the open book by the entrance. Without a word, the boy waved the flashlight one last time across the area before focusing the light on the book, curious about its content.

Reading the instruction manual should always be the first thing done. The same applied here… right?
The light spilled onto the open pages of the book. The paper was a soft shade of off-yellow and made of a thick, sturdy parchment. In a thick ink, the names of several people were filed into the lines. Half the current page was filled in, listing the names of: Samantha Bergström, BIG B, Charles White, Souta, Jenny Peters, Antonin Simon, Lisa Li. Judging by the variation in style and handwriting, the names seemed to have been written by these people.

A guest book, it would seem.

The poofy quill-pen sat in a vial of ink, as if waiting expectantly.

He moved to the couch and table, glancing at the table to see if it had layers of dust or anything on it or around it on the floor. Even if he wanted to move through the mansion right away, he also didn't want to miss anything in this room as there might not be a chance to go back later. Or maybe he was just thinking too much like when you play horror games. Either way he decided he could look around for a little.
The table was immaculate, inlaid with mother-of pearl embellishments and featuring the carving of vines, a hunter, and hunting dogs along the edge of the table. It looked quite expensive, which was maybe why there did not seem to be any dust on it, as if brand new. There was, however, a set of deep scratches on the leg of the table, four to be exact. They were jagged and uneven, laid parallel to one another as if done at the same time. On the underside of the table was a branding burnt onto the wood by a hot stamp. Milton & Sons Fine Furnishings. Est. 1832.

The sofa was equally exquisite. Satin pillows stood atop a plush cream-pink covering rimmed by a dark red wood carved into subtle flourishes. Above it stood a large landscape-painting, though it was covered by a thin white sheet, a trend that seemed to span every painting in the manor. Under one of the lavish cushions there seemed to be something shiny sticking out.

Matthew Hines
As the others flood the room, Matthew enters and takes notice of the guest book. He approaches and studies it carefully. It seemed to be put there with reason. Let's think about this. No one was at the door, there is a book with names in it, and this has some super strict ruling. So although they probably wouldn't have been told it... Matthew announces, "Hey, we should probably sign this thing. Call it just a gut instinct, but there seem to be people who wrote their names in here. It makes me wonder if we have to as well before anything else happens." This was a risk, considering it may be the opposite of what he was supposed to do, but it was his best shot for now. "Though maybe it's a trap. At this point I don't know, but something tells me the more obvious answer is write your name." He doesn't write his name just yet, but if the others agree, he will.
Tiguidi Tiguidi Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Missy Missy User User

William let out a soft hum as he brought the light over the book, allowing Matthew and himself to see. Holding his chin between two fingers, he squinted his eyes while examining the written names, trying to figure out something of interest. The names themselves were unknown to him, of course -probably victims of this game? Or perhaps…

“I do agree that others have signed their own names, or at least nicknames, according to the differing calligraphy.” He seemed uncertain in his response. “We have no way of telling if it’s a trap right now but the instructions of the game told us to follow the rules.”, he added with a shrug, glancing at the blond. “So I’d suggest not writing anything unless specifically told to do so. That’s, uh, what I think, at least.”

“Anyone else find anything?”
, he quietly called out to the others.

seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju Ciscodog Ciscodog Missy Missy User User

1646062664412.pngIsui furrowed his brows together, a thought coming to his mind. No dust, anywhere. He pursed his lips together, someone lives here, someone alive. Or at least someone who cares enough about appearances to keep the place clean. He doubted most spirits would care too much about that as they usual dwell in crusty old dolls and shit that were far from immaculate. He ran his hands on the scratches of the table, the sight unsettling him at the stark comparison of it to the rest. They looked like a pair of claw marks to him. A dog maybe? The question was if it was from a pet or not.

at the sight of the burn mark he got another thought of deja vu, maybe having seen the shop somewhere in his life, or maybe just himself wanting to recognize it. He shook it off and turned to the couch. It was once again too perfect, too lively that he couldn't think of this place to be a home for ghosts. Was this something else? A sort of pre game area? No, it didn't make sense how could a living person have anything to do with a spirit game. But still, maybe the area was just a replica of a real life mansion. Maybe it was a spirit realm of some sort that copies the real world.

he shrugged off his thoughts, moving to instead remove the sheet from the painting before something shiny caught his eye. He reached down with his hand, and went to pull it out, trying to see whatever had been lodged between the cushions. He tried to use some care, but it was hard to have much as you reach blindly into cushions. He of course didn't bother to mention it to the group, ignoring the voice that asked if they had found anything as he reached towards whatever he had found.
interactions Juju Juju |

Matthew Hines
He took into consideration what William had to say. Everything was set out in reason. They could always write their names in the book later, but who knows if it would come out. Now knowing this, Matthew steps away from the book. Although Isui was digging through the cushions, Matthew didn't seem to notice as he looked around the room further. There... really wasn't much, huh? He didn't want to leave the room alone, that's for sure. But the hallway of light was quite tempting... Wait a minute. What if the light is meant to be a trap. I don't trust that second floor. At this point he formulated a few ideas. Some of which lead to how this entire adventure may play out, and others explaining small rules. He soon realized that with one idea, there was a contradictory one as well.
A) Each of these rooms have to be completed in an order, marked by the light.
B) Avoid the light at all costs.
C) You must write your name in the book to start properly.
D) All names written in the book are guaranteed to fail.
There was another thing that he only put together after this small collection of ideas. He remembered the tape. After relaying what he remembered, it was made apparent one thing. Just as William had explained before, each rule was specific and precise. No deviation could be allowed. This most likely means that you should be prohibited to do anything until told to do so.
On the other hand, they did enter the mansion before someone greeted them. Maybe a handsome devil doorkeeper may have actually helped me figure this one out...
Nonetheless, he kept these thoughts to himself. No one seemed to have made a crazy move, but there was one thing left that no one had touched.
Eh, someone else can take care of it.
Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Tiguidi Tiguidi Missy Missy User User

Ayda laughed softly from William's remark when he denounced their speculation of a cliche and handsome devil butler. "Well, at least a skeleton wouldn't talk too much ". She crept through the doorframe, following the others -not the first to enter, but certaintly not the last as it became abundantly clear from the welcoming door that this was just another twisted-step in the cultists' Halloween fun. Her feet locked in place once inside, astonished by the preserved and elborant interior contrary to popular horror scenes, it threw her off. Ayda watched as Isui proceed on their own, investigating the area like a detective in a prized murder scene. Based on the last reaction, she decided to join and inspect what William and Matthew were discussing about. Was it not for the thobbing wound taunting beneath bandages, her attitude may have taken a more playful spirit toward the situation as the pair contemplated signing their names. She paused to view the list, if only she had her phone. What time even was it even? - "Well I doubt it is a Death Note" Ayda mused before looking up from the book and gasping sharply from the reflection that stared back at her. Her hair looked as if she has been dragged through a bush backwards - dried blood smeared over the side of her cheek and black mascara smudged below her now raccoon eyes. "Fine, let's play." She asserted in spite, looking between the two and clumpsly taking the feathered pen in her left hand to write her social media name -"#GetAydaHere" with an elborate heart around her name before replacing the pen. A little mark left by Ayda in all places she explored and debunked. "I am going to see who is home - one of you should probally grab that coat rack for protection though..." she stated while eyeing the lone lamp.

Tiguidi Tiguidi Ciscodog Ciscodog seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju User User

seasonedcat seasonedcat

It would occur to Isui that the branding of "Milton & Sons Fine Furnishings" was one that was unfamiliar to him or any of his extensive research into the supernatural. Whether or not this was merely a lack of information rather than a lack of digging into the 1800's furnishing business was somewhat unclear. Regardless, he would decern that indeed these three slashes looked to be claw marks of sort.

As he reached into the cushions, he felt something cold and sharp touch his fingers. Luckily, he managed to feel the razor edges just before they could break the skin, and quickly changed the course of his hand. Carefully, he managed to grab onto the two flat sides of the object and pull it from the couch without so much as a scratch.

The unknown object turned out to be a long-rusted arrow head, tarnished a sickly reddish-brown. Strangely, the edges were brittle and dull in the light, the growths of rust making it hardly capable of pricking skin. If there were any engravings on it, they had long rusted away.

It felt warm to the touch, roughly about body temperature, as if someone had been holding it tightly in their hand for a long time.

Ciscodog Ciscodog Tiguidi Tiguidi Missy Missy

Both William and Matthew decided to hang back and ponder a course of action, Ayda went ahead and wrote her name into the guestbook. The quill glided over the page like silk, leaving behind a smooth line. It dried almost instantly.

While she hadn't noticed it the first time she gazed into the mirror, in the reflection of the top of the Left Staircase stood a figure. It was more of a silhouette, only that in the absence of any light it was impossible that a shadow was projected there. It was almost as if it were somehow darker than the surrounding gloom, as strange as that was. The inky shadow looked humanoid for the most part, and yet there was something off about it. The thing was just a bit too hunched, with a neck that was just a bit too long.

As Ayda turned away from the mirror it raised a hand and waved it every so slowly from the top of the staircase, as if to wave to her and the others. Only, she could no longer see the figure now that she had left the mirror. Whenever she did not seem to notice it, the thing began to spasm and twitch in place. In a jerking motion, it began to stumble down the staircase on legs that didn't seem to fit it.

Despite its clumsy approach, the figure was completely invisible and silent, appearing only in the reflection of the mirror.

Missy Missy

While perhaps homely among the other lavish decorations, the lamp was exquisite in its own right. The stand looked to be brass, while the lampshade was a prime specimen of Victorian décor. It was made of a thinly stretched material, probably silk, which was embroidered into intricate swirls. On the side facing the entrance was a large printing of a rose. Tuffs of thread hung down from the bottom, creating a fluffy white curtain along the edges of the lamp.

On the inside of the lamp shade was an old gas light, the glass yellowed from age. There still appeared to be some oil inside. There was also a red stamp on the inside of the lampshade, barely visible. It read simply, 'Milton & Sons Fine Furnishings. Est. 1832.'

Missy Missy Ciscodog Ciscodog Tiguidi Tiguidi seasonedcat seasonedcat

In the oppressive silence of the manor, the sound cut through the air like a knife.

Tap...
Tap...​
Tap...​
Three crisp knocks, like a nail tapping on glass. Only instead of a window, it came from the mirror. Something was standing in front of the mirror and guestbook, at least that's what it looked like in the mirror's reflection. At first glance it appeared as if the entire mirror was covered in black. Only, if you looked along the edges you would see that it was instead the silhouette of a towering, lanky figure.

Isui managed to grasp the arrow head between his slim fingers and pull it out without wounding his body anymore than it already was. He tilted his head to the side as he looked at it in confusion, this was not what he was expecting at all, to be honest, a knife would have made more sense in this place.
1648661740213.pngIsui noticed how despite where he found the arrow head, it was warm. Had someone been holding it, or had someone sat on here recently? He doubted someone sitting on it would have went unnoticed long enough for it to regain this much heat. He decided to pocket the arrow head for now, maybe it could be of some use later or he could figure out where it came from and its owner.

Isui had then began to try and get a better look at the painting, moving so he could reach the white sheet when a sound caught his attention. He had been ignoring the others out of spite, however the repeated tapping in an almost comedically horror way made him glance at the others to see the source. He felt his body naturally tense in a mix of surprise and natural fear before it was quickly replaced by a rush of excitement. He quickly picked up his camera and snapped a shot of the creature before beginning to move towards it.

he could hardly see it, in real life and he doubted it would be any better on the camera, but still the rush that sent through him at being a step closer to proof made him ecstatic. A wide smile had spread on his face as his eyes twinkled in excitement. He wondered what the creature wanted, to scare them? To ask for help? To try and harm them? There was too many options and too little clues, but still he knew he couldn't just leave it at that.

reaching out his finger hovered over the mirror for a second before tapping on it three times. The exact same rhythm the creature had done. While he did that he found himself glancing at the way his fingers reflection showed up. Was there a space between it and the reflection? Was there even a reflection? Either way that was just an afterthought compared to the focus he would provide to the figure itself, his other hand awkwardly gripping his camera incase he needed a picture.

Juju Juju Missy Missy Ciscodog Ciscodog Tiguidi Tiguidi

Matthew Hines
Ayda wrote in the book. Didn't I say NOT to do that? Nonetheless, can't be reversed. It only takes a few moments before...
Tap, tap, tap
It caught him off guard. It sounded like it came from the book. No... it was glassy, the mirror. Apparently it wasn't just him, Isui had begun an approach to it.
"Careful Isui... I'm not sure what to make of this."
But he had already responded with the same 3 taps.
Tap, tap, tap
Let's hope we're guessing these puzzles right, I don't feel to great about this one... Matthew gets an urge to move a bit closer. He moves just enough to see the mirror's reflection. It looked exactly as he thought it would, there was Isui with the house behind him. And a mysterious shadow figure that seemingly came out of nowhere. It doesn't even have a presence in the physical world. Great. This is going to be annoying to follow him if he doesn't stay in the mirror. Hey wait a minute... If it can only be seen in an altered vision format, maybe...
He steps back and takes his phone. He unlocks it, and opens his camera, pointing it at Isui and where the figure should be. He had a secondary idea as well. He directs his next question to the boy at the mirror.
"Actually, see if you can spot it using your camera! I wonder if we'll be able to follow it through the mansion if it moves."
He looks through the phone's camera to see what he can find... and...
seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju

glassesboy.jpg“Well let’s hope it’s not a Death Note…”, William commented, glancing back to see Ayda write her name in the book. “Wait, what are you-?” Too late. Pursing his lips, he finally let out a sigh. It would be illogical to scold someone for doing something rash but what did he know? He didn’t genuinely believe in the supernatural until just recently; for all he knew, writing his name in that book was the correct thing to do. “... Dunno how a coat rack will help…”, he mumbled to himself.

With his trusty flashlight, he slowly made his way toward the closest door he could see -the one on the left wing. He obviously didn’t intend on outright going into the other room alone but… maybe just open the door? At least to see what was inside. Yes, an immaculate plan. But he kept his ears sharp in case something happened behind him. Ayda did write her name in the book -would something actually happen? Man, he hated uncertainties like that…

He shook his head. They were in genuine danger. Probably. Certainly. The least he could do is communicate his intent. “I’ll go see what’s behind the door. Though I’m honestly not sure if we should just wait until… something… happens...” William slowed his talking to a halt as an otherwise unremarkable noise made itself quite noticeable in the silent atmosphere of the mansion. Something tapping on glass.

The boy reflexively turned his head to face the closest window, all-the-while stepping away from it. Scenarios of monsters or such jumping through the window to attack them came to his mind. “Did… anyone else hear that…?”, he finally spoke up, upping his guard. ’Wait, something’s wrong.’ Furrowing his brows (and taking another step back), William turned to gaze at the mirror. As creepy as it was, he had a feeling the source of this noise came from there. Was Ayda or Matthew pulling a prank? Nah, of course not. From his position, however, he couldn’t see the silhouette of the invisible figure, only the blackened mirror. Though to be fair, that alone was quite strange, to say the least. “Um, has the mirror always been pitch black…?”

Seeing as Isui made his way over the reflective surface to tap, he decided to sigh and keep his mouth shut. He wouldn’t complain about people experimenting and trying things out. Looks like Matthew was joining the fray of experimentation as he took his phone out to point it… in front of the mirror? Wait, follow what now?

seasonedcat seasonedcat Ciscodog Ciscodog Missy Missy Juju Juju User User

Users who are viewing this thread

Back