• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hallowed Realm: Monster Academy (Monster RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

WorldWeaver

Dreamer of the Impossible
When the Sun goes dark in daylight sky, the first stirs shake the land

Crowds of humans and monsters alike ran from a truly tremendous silhouette as the ground under them shook, and buildings fell apart under gouts of fire and poisonous gas

Oceans tremble, valleys quake, mountains turn to sand.

On the ground of a distant island, several glowing bodies lay splayed on their bellies or backs, some groaning as they stood, injured and weak.

Brother turns on brother, and ally turns to foe.

A dark age; where trust is limited if ever given. All anyone can care about is surviving the worsening conditions.

Upon the first great yawning, joy gives way to woe.

A mother sobs over her dead child's corpse as her home burns behind her.

The slumbering king awakens, his rage shall never end.

A pair of titanic eyes with a hellish glow looks down on the ruined world, as their owner lets out a deafening roar as he spots the remaining figures from the second vision. They charge.

And the realms of man and monster shall become as one again.

The giant, now defeated, slumbers in some great underground chasm, wrapped in chains and bound by stone. And yet...he stirs still, waiting patiently...

10,000 YEARS LATER...

The strong winds ruffled her wing feathers and blew through her hair, smelling vaguely of salt as the ocean waves billowed underneath her. It was nothing new to Aria, having spent her whole life around the vast sapphire seas of the Hallowed Realm. Down below, a giant humanoid watched the laughing siren as she looped and dove, swerved and rose, letting out a chuckle of his own as his single eye stayed locked on his childhood friend. He then remembered he was standing at the helm of his boat and turned his gaze back ahead toward the horizon. "To think she was worried about being cooped up the whole trip." he muttered to himself as he carefully guided the vessel around a wayward current. "Out here, she has more open space to fly around in than back home."

Odyssus smiled as the thought of his home, the Island of Rhegon, crossed his mind; one of the 47 Cyclopean Isles in the South Azurean Sea. A land of plentiful game, wild fruits and grain, and livestock for their kind, a gift from their spiritual father, Poseiden, the Celestial. He was proud to call it home, even if it had its struggles at times. A rock of the boat snapped the Cyclops out of his self-imposed trance, and alerted him to Aria's company. "Done flying around already?" he asked.

"Yeah..." Aria panted, clearly winded from flying so much. "I'm kinda worn out."

"Eh. I give it two minutes before you're back in the air."

"What, jealous you don't have wings of your own?" Aira joked, spreading her treasured wings out in a showing-off fashion.

"Eh...I've always kinda found heights to be intimidating." Odyssus admitted.

"Yet you charged a griffon off a cliff two years back." Aria pointed out.

"And If I didn't, we wouldn't be headed for Citadel today, and I wouldn't have your wonderful company." Odyssus said, puffing out his chest in a rare display of pride. Aria rolled her eyes.

"My hero." She replied with a teasing smile, batting her eyelashes at him. Odyssus blushed a bit and looked away nervously with a nervous chuckle as Aria laughed too.

The siren then made her way to the bench at the bow and took her seat, making sure her tail feathers weren't messed up. For a while, they just listened to the creak of the boat's hull and the ocean lapping against it, as well as the flapping of the sail. "Soooo, when will we be there?"

"Not too long." Odyssus assured, "Leave the navigating to me."

Soon, the highest gables of the city peeked up over the horizon. Then, the towers they were supported by. In less than a minute, the full majesty of Citadel was displayed before them, their white flag bearing the dark green sigil of the city: Five hands in a circle, joined together at the center: Here, all are welcome.

Last edited:
Mal Col Um was staring at the sigil. "Here... all... are... welcome."

He took out his map and scratched his head a little, then realized he was using both hands to hold the map. He quietly pulled the third, shadow limb back into his body, glancing around to make sure nobody saw. How embarrassing, to just accidentally sprout a shadow limb like that. He blushed hotly, then forced his face into the map.

He grunted, tucked the map back into his bag, and placed both hands on his hips. When he stuck out a finger, he made sure it wasn't part of an extra arm. "Alright, Citadel! Get ready, because Mal Col Um is on the way!"

"What?"

Mal Col Um suddenly blushed hotly again, realizing there were people watching him. He thought about what to do... and closed his eyes, head down, and quietly scuttled away. Hopefully, they'd just think he was another weird bogeyman - the racists.

Now, what was the path to the academy again? Oh right, just go down this street, then take a left here, another left, another right...

When he turned to a brick wall, Mal had enough and finally decided to embrace his bogeyman heritage. He stopped, let his body relax with thoughts of nachos and video games, then felt himself sink into weightlessness. When he opened his eyes again, everything was the same but him. He was now in his true form. And that made travel much easier.

Too easy, in fact. Because when Mal finally found the school, it was through the back door and he was now standing - well, as much as a smoky black mass of shadows can - in... a place he wasn't supposed to be. By the looks of it, this was... uh... well, there were boxes and crates, was this some kind of loading bay? Or storage? Oh dear. He'd go back into his shadow form if not for the fact he wasn't even sure how he got here. Shadow travel was so weird...

Oh well. There was a door, might as well use it!

Piper Gray

Piper looked at the object nervously, in the five years she had been living here she was always curious about the inside of the thing. It was a 2,5 meters tall wardrobe reinforced with steel edges, chained with a dozen runed padlocks and had at least one guard all the time. Its a concentrated rift point, a spot where ley lines met and frequently created magical disturbances due to its connection to the other side. The wardrobe was a magic item designed to contain anyone from the other side who stumbled through the rift. If the creature wasn't hostile Piper was sometimes allowed to meet and talk with them as part of her training. Now she's going to be the one who crossed it.

"How do you feel, dear?" An old yet elegant woman drapped in black and blue dress stepped down the staircase, behind her was five figures with black cloaks holding magical staffs. Madam Gillespie, a graduate from the Citadel Academy, the archwizard who decided to take Piper as an apprentice and for that she would always been grateful. The wizard was accompanied by her followers, the people who volunteered to help her in her mission to protect the world. They're actually regular people, but their willingness to sacrifice for the better cause made Piper admires them too.

"I'm ready." Piper bowed at the old lady, she showed her briefcase to show her preparation.

"Good. Release the locks." The followers heeded the archwizard's command and quickly unlocked all the padlocks. What Piper saw inside was something that she would describe as a permanent scar on reality itself, an otherworldly crack that shift color between white, blue, purple and black at seemingly random interval. Madam said the borders between rift were varied and sometimes couldn't be obviously seen, but this one was too strong that it almost manifested as a physical phenomenon. Piper could feels a touch on her shoulder, Madam Gillespie nodded at her. They couldn't afford to open the seal for too long or they risk inviting someone from the other side here. It's time for her to go.

Grabbing her briefcase Piper slowly walked towards the rift. The closer she was, the more she was enchanted by its mysterious charm. She couldn't see anything past it and she was blinded the moment she touched it. Then suddenly everything went back to normal, Piper got her sight back and there's no glowing portal in front of her anymore.

"M-madam, does this not wor-" Pier looked behind her but instead of finding her mentor, she was looking at a pitch black tunnel. She crossed the border. She's now on the other side. She suddenly had an urge to cry but she hold it in.

After walking for some distance she finally managed to get out of the tunnel and the first thing she saw was three intimidating figure that looks like a combination of animals and bodybuilder with steroid drinking some sort of steamy colorful drinks. Piper let out a small yelp and stepped back, which made enough noise for her to be noticed.

"Oh, what do we have here?" The muscular lion man gazed at her intensely. Piper could felts her fight or flight instinct kicked in, and she choose to freeze.

"Did you just came out of the sewer? Kids these day really like dark place, huh??? Huhhh????" The aligator man joined at staring her.

"Stop it, you two. You're freaking her out." The third creature, a hippo man seemed to be the most calm and didn't try to intimidate her. Piper felts at least a bit safer to talk. She should just try that trick Madam said in regard to interacting with the monsters here: just talk as if they're regular human beings.

"H-hello, sorry. I want to go to the academy but I got lost..." Piper's voice trailer off when she caught the gleams inside the gator man's eyes. Did she said something wrong? Was this the type of encounter where she must bluff about having a gun and friends that would come to help her?? Ehh, she wasn't sure. Though to her surprise the three of them instead let out a loud heart laugh.

"Look at her getting lost into the sewer. That's some level of clumsiness there."

"Kids these days are just bad at direction, huhh?"

"Come one, you two. She's a visitor, give her some slack."

After one or two minutes of laughter the trio finally stop. Piper was now less scared and more embarassed at how they think about her.

"I will give her a lift. Anyone who touch my drink will get a big chomp!" Reaching out with his hand, the gator man picked up Piper and put her on his left shoulder. Getting this close with the gator made Piper realize how small she's in comparison, his left arm alone was bigger than her entire body. Madame Gillespie warned her to not do any fight for her safety, now she knows why.

"Urm, thank you for helping." Piper had calmed down and now actually enjoyed the sight she got from up here. Unlike earth, there's countless body types here. She saw a tentacle monster doing some trades with a cat, a pterodactyl-vulture-chicken creature flying above, rock golem just standing without doing anything and many more.

"Don't mind me. Back when I was a kid I used to charge high prices for simply guiding gullible tourists, life was hard back then but I survived. So let me just atone myself for a bit here."

After that the gator man introduced himself as Ben and started telling her about various place that he thought would be important for her. Like candy stores, parks, guard posts and towers that can be used as land marks. Piper felts like the man treated her more like a toddler than a teenager but she didn't mind. Finally they arrived at the school and he gently dropped her off.

"Thank you, Mister Ben." Piper waved at the figure walking away. This time her gratitude was more genuine and lighthearted than the first one.

Finally arrived at her destination, Piper wasn't sure how to proceed next. She never even attended regular school before, much less the magical one filled with different creatures. Her mentor also didn't tell her anything about social life or school procedure so she just sat on the nearest bench, which was so large it can actually accomodate huge person like Ben, and just stared into air like a lost person that she was. Hopefully there would be a school announcement or something like that.

"Thanks Layla" Said Sylia after taking a step to the left to avoid a pole on her way. She was not paying attention as she walked. Her eyes were glued to the book she was reading. "Hiss" said one of the snakes on her head and Sylia quickly took a step to the right. They were her eyes as she walked.

While she was walking, another snake carefully made her eyes to where Sylia's eyes were and stared at the book, giving a curious hiss. Sylia smiled. "Oh Isela. It's just a tragic story of one of our antecessors. I'm not liking this Perseus character though."

Another hiss from the snake on top of her head and Sylia took another step to the left, getting out of the way of a gator man that was coming towards her. "Excuse me." She said as she passed.

She adjusted her glasses and looked forward. She had arrived at the school gates. As she was contemplating the entrance, another snake hissed at her and Sylia quickly took a dead cricket from her bag and held it to it. As the snake swallowed it whole, she smiled. "Just one Kaki. I'm sure there will be more treats for all of you in the school. I don't want you to loose your apettite."

All the snakes hissed excitedly. Even Sylia was excited. Finally a school where she could learn more about the world... about science... about history... Everything. This was the first step towards her dream.

As she reminiced, the same snake that had given her directions hissed at her and Sylia looked towards a bench where she saw a lonely girl sitting. "Do you think I should introduce ourselves?" Sylia asked and one of the snakes hissed. Sylia smiled. "Yes Pippin, I know you want to make more friends." Another snake hissed and Sylia felt her cheecks start to blush. "Sheila, that's mean. I'm not going to do that." She pondered a bit and took out an hand held mirror from her bag. "Neiko, front and center please." She said as a snake made her way down so it was right next to her eyes.

"What do you think Neiko?" Asked Sylia while looking at her reflection in her hand held mirror, the snakes right next to her eyes also looking through it. The snake hissed affirmatably and Sylia nodded and packed the mirror back. "Alright girls. Isela, keep to yourself for a bit. Layla, watch Sheila and Pippin please, and Xena... no biting. Are we clear?" All the snakes hissed and she adjusted her glasses. "Let's do this then."

Sylia silently approached the bench where the girl was sitting on and smiled. "Hello. I'm Sylia. A new student here. Are you also a student?" She asked.

Aria & Odyssus

The small boat pulled into the harbor at long last, and Aria hopped up onto the pier they were designated to by the city officials. Odyssus lumbered off the boat after her, then towed the craft up a ramp and into an iron harness within a shed, to keep it sheltered from any storms. As he made the final storage adjustments on the boat, Aria waited by the doorway, looking out into the city ahead. She'd never seen so many monsters in one place before, and so many different ones at that! "Are you done yet? Come on, we need to get to the school!"

"We have time. I just don't want to lose the boat." Odyssus sighed, tying the last of several ropes to the harness now housing his little slice of home. He then took out a pair of large bags and followed the Siren out. The streets were packed with all manner of monsters and creatures. A Draugr was making a deal with a group of fairies, A centaur galloped by, a bag of mail hanging from a strap around his shoulder. A goblin was under verbal fire for trying to give a greek Fury a raw deal. After a bit, Aria asked Odyssus for a bit of help taking off, and with the young cyclops obliging, she was launched into the air for a bird's eye view, spreading her wings and flying happily over the city.

And just ahead of them, towering over the rest of the city, was Citadel Academy. The Front building had a massive clock tower in the center, with an archway at the bottom to let visitors into the main campus, and before that, a massive, sprawling lawn split into sections of grass by cobblestone pathways. Behind the Front building was a towering castle, complete with spires and battlements, surrounded by other structures large and small. A bench just after the Campus Gate was occupied by... Odyssus's eye widened! Was that a human?! Here in the Hallowed Realm?! He stood there dumbstruck at the gate for a moment as a Gorgon approached to talk, unsure of whether to approach and greet or not with a nervous look.

Aria, on the other hand, seemed pretty eager to make a human friend when she spotted Piper and Sylia down below. Oh man, the stories we could share! She then heard Odyssus's voice, the cyclops having looked up to check on her, shouting something.

"WHAT?!" She called back.

"I SAID 'WATCH WHERE YOU'RE FLYING'!!!" His voice boomed. Aria looked ahead to see the clock tower mere feet away from her and cried out as she swerved out of the way, a bit too sharply as she lost balance.

"No no nonono!!!" She tried to stay calm and get some control over her wings, gliding just over the other two's heads and crashing into her Cyclops friend, who caught her before she hit the ground. "Whew...thanks, big guy." She chuckled, "Guess I shouldn't get distracted, huh?" Odyssus just rolled his eye with a smirk. The Siren then turned over to the gorgon and human she almost hit. "Sorry about that! Got a bit...er...sidetracked. Hehe...!" She gave a sheepish smile as she got down from Odyssus's arms.

Wyzen

A giant owl let out a sigh as he finished up his paperwork at his desk, happy to finally be done with Student Organization. He wasn't very much an indoor bird, and he longed to go outside, breathe in the fresh air and spread out his wings. As he put the documents away, he noticed a Siren flying right toward the clock tower, looking down as she got distracted by something below her. She almost hit the clock, managing to turn just in time, at the cost of control, and he let out a sigh of relief when she was caught instead of crashing, and especially that no one got hurt in the accident. Still, it made him wonder if he should address the school flying policy because of this. Hmmm... I'll imply it, but I won't go over it outright. he decided. He peered out his office window, just below the clock face, curious to see what got the siren's attention. His eyes widened when he saw the human, but it would be something she addressed later.

He then perked up and his head swiveled around a full 180 degrees as he magically sensed a new presence not with the others, but rather, near the Storage Warehouse on the campus. Curiosity piqued, he made his way to the front building rooftop garden, spread his wings, and took off in that direction. As he soared silently through the skies, he spotted a bogeyman right outside the building, looking rather confused. Landing quietly behind him, he cleared his throat to get his attention. "I suppose you have a reason for appearing in front of the Academy Warehouse?" he asked, his gaze and tone gentle, so as not to intimidate the lad.

Lord Aodhan (EH-than) Galdor

Aodhan stood on the dock, pulling the collar of his heavily embroidered emerald coat close to keep out the chill Autumn air, made only colder by the wind coming off the sea, and turned to watch as the trunks containing his belongings were unloaded from his parent’s ship. Strands of burning red hair tumbled artfully around his shoulders from beneath a warm, fur lined hat. He longed to be inside the waiting carriage, but he didn’t trust anyone to safely unload his belongings and secure them to the carriage without his supervision. He cupped his chilled hands in front of his mouth and blew into them, then rubbed them briksly together, wishing he’d thought to put on his gloves, which were tucked away securely in a trunk. Why couldn’t school start in the middle of a good, summer heatwave?

“Be careful with that!” He snapped, as one the deckhands came close to dropping the case his art supplies were stored in. “Get everything on the carriage so I can get off this cursed dock.”

“Yes, my lord.” The man murmured, red faced. He continued to the waiting carriage, muttering under his breath.

Once everything was safely loaded, Aodhan climbed into the carriage with a grateful sigh and tapped the roof to let the driver know he was ready to go. The inside of the carriage was warm. Magic, of course. It would have been near stifling heat for most, but for him, it was perfection. He took his hat off, and carefully tidied his hair as he turned his gaze to the window, watching the nearly dizzying variety of creatures on the streets. Satyrs, centaurs, manticors, goblins, orcs and more all mingled together. Many of them paused to stare at him as he rode past, but he paid it no mind. He was used to being stared at.

His fingers toyed with the necklace at his throat, locking a portion of his magic away until he could better control his emotional connection with his magic, as if he was a child. It was bad enough he was exiled to this Citadel Academy, but he had to do so without any of his staff. Not even his valet. He was expected to do everything himself. Rude.

The carriage slowed to a stop and the driver climbed down to open the door for Aodhan. “Here you go, young lordling. Delivered to the Academy, safe and sound, as your parents instructed. Your personal belongings will be taken care of, don’t you worry.”

Aodhan looked at him, suddenly anxious, but refusing to show it. “Thank you.” He said softly, grabbing his hat and stepping out, straightening the front of his warm coat. It wasn’t as cold away from the dock, but it was still too chill for him. He took a moment to look at the towering spires of the Academy, a small smile curling his lips. It was almost as impressive as the king’s palace back home. Perhaps this wasn’t going to be so bad, after all.

The driver climbed back up onto his seat and took up the reigns, flicking them while giving a sharp whistle. The carriage rolled off, presumably to deliver his trunks to whomever was responsible for making sure they would get to his room.

He let his gaze fall to the grounds, and sighed as he spotted a group clustered around a bench. There was a very large cyclops, a siren, a gorgon and, of all things, an actual human. He approached, curious.

“A human? Here? How interesting.” He raised a scarlet brow. “Did you get lost, somehow?”

Synne Gyldenlove & Niklas Vennerod

Synne flew in a lazy spiral around Niklas, itching to speed ahead, but reluctant to leave him behind. The sound of their leathery wings cutting through the air echoed around them as they flew over the vast, cerulean waters between their home island of Drageøya and the Citadel Academy. Not for the first time, she wondered what it was going to be like living there for the next few years, and if it really was safer for Niklas, as the elder dragons claimed.

She squawked in surprise and dove downward as steam filled the air around her, nearly blinding her. “Nik! What are you doing?”

Niklas laughed, tendrils of steam trailing from between his sharp teeth. “You need to slow down. I’m not as fast as you, and your energy isn’t limitless. Neither one of us is built for swimming.”

“Jerk.” She laughed, and slowed down to keep pace with him. “You can see the spires ahead. We’ll be there before the hour is done, trust me. You can go a little faster, you know. I know you can, and I know how curious you are about this place.”

Niklas sighed heavily, “Yes. I am. But I am nervous too. What if….what if we never go home again?” he shook his head. “Nevermind. You’re right. Let’s go.”

He took a breath and beat his wings, heaving himself forward with a burst of speed. He could never hope to match Synne, but then few could. He felt the straps securing the pack with his belongings to his back shift slightly, and glanced back to make sure it was secure. It was there, looking small against the width of his body, as did the long, kilt-like garment tied where his waist would be when he took his humanoid shape. Synne was laden in a similar way, so they could easily dress without offending anyone with their nudity. So many non dragons were weird about seeing too much skin. He didn’t understand the taboo, but, then again, he didn’t really have to. They were the visitors, so they would have to adapt.

As they approached land, the sea became a busier place, filled with sea vessels of different shapes and sizes. He descended a bit to get a closer look, his curiosity getting the better of him, and saw, from the corner of his eye, Synne do the same. He knew they were quite the striking pair, with her shimmering blue scales and pale gold underside, and his gleaming white scales. He couldn’t help the small burst of pride as people below stopped and pointed up at them, naked awe in their gazes.

Synne’s lyrical call filled the air above him, and he rose, answering with his own, deeper call. Anyone at the Citadel Academy who hadn’t seen them would definitely know they were coming now. They banked around the tall spires and circled the lawn, looking for a suitable place to land. He spotted a patch of grass large enough for the two of them and gently dove toward it, changing as he touched down. In a smooth movement, he secured the long kilt around his waist and then grabbed the now dangling leather straps of his bag. He coiled the leather up, thinking they needed to come up with something a little less…cumbersome for when they were in their humanoid shapes. He’d have to think on it.

“We made it!” Synne chortled, reaching up to playfully tousle his white curls, then turned in a small circle. “Would you look at this place! Oh, look! Over there.” She pointed toward a bench where a small group of students gathered. “People! Let’s go!”

Niklas smiled and silently followed her, hoisting his bag up over his shoulder, looking around with open curiosity. He wondered where in this sprawling place they would sleep, and if they would be separated. He hoped not. He turned his attention to the group surrounding the bench and stopped in his tracks, feeling his heart lurch and his stomach clench anxiously. His hand circled Synne’s arm and he pulled her close. “Synne.” He whispered hoarsely, his pale violet eyes locked on the girl sitting on the bench. “Human. Here. There, on the bench.”

“Crap nuggets,” Mal Col Um murmured as he stepped into the hallway.

He... legitimately was lost, which was embarrassing for a bogeyman, who can travel through shadows - well, when they aren't exhausted. Now, he couldn't be in shadow form because he was exhausted and quietly walking the hallway, worried out of his mind, then he was by a window (gah! Sunli- wait, it's just sunlight) and glanced outside, and wait, are those dragons?!

Mal Col Um blinked a few times, then a massive grin spread across his face. Dragons. Real... freaking... dragons. Cool... So... where the hell were they going? The front of the building, correct?

Wait. The front. That's where Mal Col Um was supposed to be. Oh yeah... oh. Yeah.

Well, there's a window here, may as well open it and that's a long way down... it sure looks like a long way down...

Mal Col Um took a deep breath, forced himself back into shadow form, and climbed down the side of the building until he reached the ground, roughly eight feet, give or take, from the window. When he reverted to human form, he did so with a long, drawn-out gasp, then was scratching his head in consternation. Oh, he was feeling it, the tiresomeness of just existing right now. All he had to do was find those dragons, see them up close, and his life would be complete until an awesome new video game came out. So he stretched his arms and began walking to the front, or the beach, or wherever, hoping to find those dragons...

Then his fear sense went off, and any stray thoughts vanished. His pupils dilated, his nostrils flared, his mouth suddenly hung open, saliva drooling from the corner of his lips, and his fingers twitching erratically. His stomach growled and rumbled, his body yearning for the sweet, sweet taste of delicious, beautiful fear. Driven by compulsion, he licked his lips tenderly, and took a step - then his self-control kicked in and Mal began shaking his head, slapping himself a few times. No! He wasn't that kind of bogeyman. He wasn't like that! He didn't need to, either!

But at least the fear sense could let him locate where it was coming from. Hey, maybe they'd seen the dragons as well? So, Mal began walking towards it, pushing the urge to feed very far down. When he caught sight of two humans - a guy with white hair and a girl with blue hair, both maybe about his age - he called out, raising his hand. "Hey there! You guys seen any dragons? I saw dragons! Where'd they go?"

Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy

Synne glanced toward the bench at Niklas' hoarse whisper and spotted the human girl sitting there. To a feral dragon, she wouldn't even be half a mouthful. Of course, the fact she was here told her she wasn't to be underestimated, but still. She turned back to her best friend, who she had literally fought an army for, and took his hands. "Nik, look at me."

Niklas tore his gaze from the human girl and looked at Synne, eyes wide with fear. "it's a human."

"I know. They aren't all the same people who held you captive. You know this right? I won't let anything happen to you. I promise. Besides, she's one human in a school...no a city...of monsters. If she did try anything...but I don't think she will. I think she's just here to learn, like the rest of us." Synne squeezed his hands. "OK?"

Niklas took a deep breath. "OK." He took another breath, feeling his heart slowly ease into a steady rhythm. "No, but OK. You know? it's still -"

A voice hailed them and they both turned to look as young, dark haired....human-looking-not-human guy walked toward them, excited about the dragons he'd seen and wanting to know where they were. Niklas nodded. "Yes. Right here. Me." he pointed at himself. "And her. Her and me."

Synne laughed. "He means to say, we're the dragons." she flicked her hair. "I'm the blue one."

Last edited:
Piper Gray

Back then, Piper had always envied the city kids for being able to do this cool thing called going to school. Meanwhile she was stuck herding the cult's sheeps and living practically in the middle of nowhere. Now look at her, mother, father! Your only child had become the apprentice of the best wizard and found herself in some sort of interdimensional academy. Please watch from the heaven and-

"Waaaa!" She unintentionally let out a yelp as the a figure just startled her. She immediately covered her mouth to prevent herself from screaming further. That would be embarassing. Also, she should stop daydreaming at random location.

The figure who approached her was a girl with some writhing hair. It took Piper a few seconds of staring at it until she realized that the hair was indeed snakes. Her expression changed from surprised to puzzled to terrified to calm in just those brief seconds as she proceed what she was seeing. Madam Gillespie already told her abot some of the races that she might encounter here but seeing it directly was something else altogether.

Before she can say anything to the gorgon though, another figure darted just right above them and got caught by another student. Piper immediately identified the large figure as a cyclops, the one eye was really easy to spot. Meanwhile she wasn't exactly sure about the girl. A harpie? A siren? Shapeshifter?

Another figure entered her vision, this one didn't have much striking differences to regular human, except the otherworly aura he's exerting and those expensive-looking clothes he's wearing. Actually now that she thought about it, he gaves similar aura to a seelie! Ohh, she kinda enjoys this little game of guessing the species of other people. At least until she realize the fact that there's quite a number of people around her. She looked around frantically when she noticed this. Was she the weird one here for being a human?

"H-hello. I'm a new student here. Name's Piper. Please don't eat me." The girl let out a nervous laugh as she introduced herself to the other students.

Dragonydas Dragonydas WorldWeaver WorldWeaver Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy

Odyssus and Aria

More students seemed to be pouring in, all fascinated, it would seem by the human; A gorgon, a pair of dragons, an elemental elf and...was that a Bogeyman? Those were pretty tough to come by outside their homeland. Odyssus couldn't really blame them for being fascinated. It was likely no one here had even seen a human before. Only Historical accounts were proof to the modern-day monsters of the Hallowed Realm that they even exist. However, he also noticed the poor girl's unease and kind of empathized with her, not being a fan of so much attention himself.

"H-Hey, take it easy, fellas." Odyssus stammered. He then looked to the human as she introduced herself, and he gave her an odd look at her request not to become any of their meal. "Er, don't worry. I don't think any of us are interested in eating you." he assured, "S-Sorry if you're not fond of all this attention, but...well, humans are a rarity around the Hallowed Realm. Most of us are probably only aware of humans from history books and stuff." he gave her a gentle smile as he explained this, trying to ease her nerves a bit. "A-Anyways, It's nice to meet you, Piper. My name's Odyssus, and my Siren companion's Aria."

"Sup!" Aria said simply with a smile. "Seems you're already pretty popular. Gotta say, I'm a bit jealous."

Lord Aodhan Galdor

Aodhan's attention was diverted by the arrival of a pair of dragons. They moved in a sychronized dance through the air, close without getting in the other's way; he assumed they were a matched combat pair. He watched as they banked around the spires to return and land, changing form as they did so. Impressively, they both managed to clothe themselves without exposing themselves in a way others would find offensive. The girl was in a simple, yet elegant robe, while the taller, stockier boy wore a utililitarian, long kilt and nothing else. Pity. He understood the need for them to dress in easy to take off/put on clothing, but there was no reason why they couldn't be stunning in or out of dragon form. First impressions were lasting, and second impressions reinforced it.

He turned his attention back to the human girl, who looked as if she would like nothing better than to disappear into the foliage, though he couldn't understand why. It wasn't like she was hideous, though the rounded ears were different. She looked around at everyone, studying them intently, and he couldn't help but be curious about what was going through her mind. He imagined they were as unique to her and she was to them. He had only heard of humans from his parents, or his parents' friends.

She introduced herself as Piper, and then begged them all to not eat her. He laughed lightly, and waited for the cyclops to introduced himself as Odyssus, and the siren as Aria before speaking.

"Eat you? What stories do they tell of us outside the Hallowed Lands? I am Lord Aodhan Galdor, the only child and heir to Duke Trystan Galdor and Duchess Sine Galdor." He drew himself up proudly. "Pure fire elf."

The wind shifted and he shivered. "Are we supposed to just stand out in the cold and wait?"

"Wait. A human?" Said Sylia, surprised. She stared at Piper as all but one of her snakes hissed at the same time. Sylia quickly stepped back and gently moved her hands across the snakes, trying to calm them down. "Easy girls. Don't worry. She's not going to harm us. We are fine."

As she moved her hands, the snakes started to calm down slightly... all except one. One of her snakes was intentionally looking at Piper with a very intimidating look. Sylia however just turned her attention back to Piper. "Sorry about that. It's the first time we have ever seen a human, and they only know about humans from old books I've read to them."

She then turned to Odyssus and Aria. Even from this small moment, she could tell that Odyssus was just a gentle giant while Aria seemed to be the more adventurous one. She was about to speak when suddenly a new figure introduced himself... She listened carefully to the elf as he introduced himself. Oh boy... Nobility...

She was about to make a comment as to why was a pure fire elf complaining about the cold when she noticed that one of her snakes was still staring straight at Piper. "XENA. STOP IT.". She yelled at the snake, forcing it to slink back in to the pile of snakes. As the snake retreated, she blushed, now noticing that she had yelled that in public. "Sorry." She exclaimed and then introduced herself to the new arrivals. "My name is Sylia and these are Layla, Isela, Xena, Kaki, Pippin, Neiko and Sheila.". As she said the names, the snakes lifted gently almost making a wave on her hair. "And Kisses is probably sleeping. She's a bit lazy."

Synne glanced toward the bench at Niklas' hoarse whisper and spotted the human girl sitting there. To a feral dragon, she wouldn't even be half a mouthful. Of course, the fact she was here told her she wasn't to be underestimated, but still. She turned back to her best friend, who she had literally fought an army for, and took his hands. "Nik, look at me."

Niklas tore his gaze from the human girl and looked at Synne, eyes wide with fear. "it's a human."

"I know. They aren't all the same people who held you captive. You know this right? I won't let anything happen to you. I promise. Besides, she's one human in a school...no a city...of monsters. If she did try anything...but I don't think she will. I think she's just here to learn, like the rest of us." Synne squeezed his hands. "OK?"

Niklas took a deep breath. "OK." He took another breath, feeling his heart slowly ease into a steady rhythm. "No, but OK. You know? it's still -"

A voice hailed them and they both turned to look as young, dark haired....human-looking-not-human guy walked toward them, excited about the dragons he'd seen and wanting to know where they were. Niklas nodded. "Yes. Right here. Me." he pointed at himself. "And her. Her and me."

Synne laughed. "He means to say, we're the dragons." she flicked her hair. "I'm the blue one."
Mal nodded slowly, his face saying he didn't comprehend it... at first. Then his mouth slowly dropped open as he let out a long, drawn-out gasp while both eyes went as wide as dinner plates.

“Sweet. Mother. Of. Filth!” He sputtered. Then his face brightened up considerably, his grin spreading quickly from one side of his face to the other - a little too quickly. Faint traces of drool could be spotted on the lips. He rubbed at his face quickly while trying to compose himself.

“You... I just... holy crap, I had no idea dragons could turn into freaking people! Is it some kind of racial trait or a spell or something?! Seriously, how’d you do it? I need to know, now, give me answers! Tell me your secrets! I thought only bogeymen could turn into people!”

Throughout this ranting, Mal Col Um had been waving his arms frantically, his face beaming with excitement. He was like an excited, giddy child. He was jumping up and down on the spot, then stopped when he realized what he’d finished his speech with. His face fell as he looked up at the two, and he chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Oh... uh. I should mention that I’m a bogeyman. Uh... that okay with you guys?”

Synne laughed softly at the boy's confusion (she should really learn his name so she could think of him as something other than "guy", or "boy" slowly morphed into comprehestion, then excitement. He wide grin was a bit too wide, but it didn't really bother her. She'd honestly seen better behaviour from the monsters of the world than she had humans. Then again, the only humans she had ever met were the ones who captured Nyklas. She glanced at him, unsuprised to see Nyk staring at their new (possible) friend with open curiosity.

She turned her attention back to the boy at his barrage of questions, and shrugged. "All of us can, yes, though some are better at it than others. Feral dragons don't, but I don't know if they can't, or just don't bother. As to the 'how'...well...how do you do it? I mean, for us it's kind of like a muscle we flex, though we can't keep it flexed forever. We have to change back from time to time, or it happens involuntarily. It can get messy, as I'm sure you can imagine. Again, some are better at it than others." she raised her eyebrows when he mentioned he was a bogeyman. "Really? Isn't it rare for you to be out of the shadows? What's your name? I'm Synne, and this is my best friend and battle partner, Nyklas."

Nyklas cleared his throat. "Transformation isn't so uncommon. Puca, selkie, succubi and so on. " he said softly, "Back when we mingled with...you know..." he waved a hand toward the the human girl, "....them...it was easier to blend in if we looked like them. Ferals can, but they don't bother. Why blend in when you just want to eat and destroy?"

He cleared his throat again and glanced toward the group at the bench, then took a step closer to the bogeyman. "So....you, um....eat fear, right?" He briefly touched a faint, puckered scar around his neck. "When you do, is it...gone in the person you took it from?"

Synne touched Nyklas' arm. "Oh, Nyklas."

Last edited:

Synne laughed softly at the boy's confusion (she should really learn his name so she could think of him as something other than "guy", or "boy" slowly morphed into comprehestion, then exciting. He wide grin was a bit too wide, but it didn't really bother her. She'd honestly seen better behaviour from the monsters of the world than she had humans. Then again, the only humans she had ever met were the ones who captured Nyklas. She glanced at him, unsuprised to see Nyk staring at their new (possible) friend with open curiosity.

She turned her attention back to the boy at his barrage of questions, and shrugged. "All of us can, yes, though some are better at than others. Feral dragons don't, but I don't know if they can't, or just don't bother. As to the 'how'...well...how do you do it? I mean, for us it's kind of like a muscle we flex, though we can't keep it flexed forever. We have to change back from time to time, or it happens involuntarily. It can get messy, as I'm sure you can imagine. Again, some are better at it than others." she raised her eyebrows when he mentioned he was a bogeyman. "Really? Isn't it rare for you to be out of the shadows? What's your name? I'm Synne, and this is my best friend and battle partner, Nyklas."

Nyklas cleared his throat. "Transformation isn't so uncommon. Puca, selkie, succubi and so on. " he said softly, "Back when we mingled with...you know..." he waved a hand toward the the human girl, "....them...it was easier to blend in if we looked like them. Ferals can, but they don't bother. Why blend in when you just want to eat and destroy?"

He cleared his throat again and glanced toward the group at the bench, then took a step closer to the bogeyman. "So....you, um....eat fear, right?" He briefly touched a faint, puckered scar around his neck. "When you do, is it...gone in the person you took it from?"

Synne touched Nyklas' arm. "Oh, Nyklas."
Mal backed up, a little surprised by the request and, admittedly, put off by it. When he saw Synne touch Nyklas' arm, he chuckled a little at the genuine care and affection in the gesture. It was... actually, kind of endearing to see. She really cared about him. Mal took a deep breath and held up his hands. "Oh, uh, let me answer this one at a time! Okay, first off-"

Then Synne asked about his fear-eating ability, and Mal's face went blank. "Oh... that. Uh... okay, I'm not entirely sure how it works, my parents were kind of liberal when it came to the whole bogeyman thing, but... okay. I do know it doesn't remove fear from a person. It's more like... uh, imagine if someone was sucking out something from you, but eventually, more replaced it? That's how it kind of works? It's... look, emotion eating is weird. And complicated. And... I think I know what you're asking. My dad was really clear on this; under no circumstances was I ever to eat all the fear from another being. Ever. He didn't say why, he just said not to. So... I can't make it go away, and even if I did feed on you, it would still be there. Sorry man."

Mal shrugged his shoulders. Then he took a deep breath and said, "Okay, so, my name is Mal Col Um, bogeymen tend to stay in the shadows because they're big on spookiness but we can come out in daylight whenever we want, and it's nice to meet you!"

Mal grinned wide again. Then he suddenly felt awkward. Hadn't Nyklas just all but said he was nervous around humans, and given the faint after images Mal could pick up, it was because-

Oh. Oh, he should not know this. Time to- yeah, time to throw this away. That's horrific. Mal glanced toward the human girl. He was picking up some nervous from the gorgon and her snakes - which were stacked on top of each other, like a buffet almost - and suddenly realized the presence of a human would not doubt make everyone here extremely nervous. He hummed. Could that mean... no, none of that.

Mal took a deep breath and brought his hands together. "So... uh, mind if I ask... uh... anything?"

Nyklas bit his lip, disappointment evident in his face at Mal's answer. He sighed deeply and nodded, his shoulder's slumping slightly. "No, it's OK. Thanks for your honesty." He looked at Synne, "I had to ask, Synne."

HIs gaze fell to the ground and he squatted down, picked up a rock to study it, then tossed it aside. He took a few squat-walks to the side, and continued to study the ground, gently pushing his fingers through the grass, humming softly. He didn't remember a lot from his time in captivity, but he did remember the music that floated in the air. It was unlike anything he'd ever heard before, and it stuck in his head like a flies on a glue trap.

Synne watch Nyklas for a moment, then returned her attention to Mal Col Um, "I'm sorry if Niklas made you uncomfortable. I know he didn't mean to. He's...been through a lot." she took a breath. "So, Mal...can I call you Mal? Go ahead and ask away. Yes, you can ask anything," She grinned suddenly, "but understand I don't have to answer everything."

ODYSSUS, ARIA, & WYZEN

Aria watched Nyklas's face fall at Mal's answer about removing his fear, and a twinge of sympathy came over her. She could only wonder what the dragon had been through to make him want to get rid of it so much. She looked over to Aodhan, the fire elf impatiently shivering, and raised a brow. Sure, it was a bit cool outside today, but it wasn't by any means freezing. She looked up toward the front building's clock tower: 11:55 AM. Orientation would begin in five minutes. "It shouldn't be too much longer." she assured Aodhan. Soon after she said this, more students began to enter the campus, pooling into the large front yard of the academy and chatting among themselves.

Odyssus looked around at the entering students. Some he could identify almost immediately due to his heritage: Minotaurs, Hapries and Furies, A couple more gorgons wearing special eyewear that could let them look around without petrifying anyone, a few lamias with them, even a genie amongst them. Others he was vaguely familiar with, like that Oni unpacking a bunch of training weights, or a vampire standing sideways on a tree trunk as she read, leaning against the branches as if they were a wall.

Minutes ticked by, and eventually, the clock tower's hands reached the 12 simultaneously. A loud chime of bells rang from it, and the crowds went silent. Standing perched on the top of the clock tower... was the headmaster. He appeared to be a large owl, his eyes gazing over the new students to enter his academy, his crest flaring up on either side like horns. He then descended into the yard. He towered over most of them as his head swiveled around a bit as he took each student into account in the blink of an eye. Yes, it seemed this was everyone. "Welcome to Citadel Academy." He addressed, his voice coming out louder than either Odyssus or Aria expected. "Please follow me in, and we will begin the Orientation in the school auditorium." As he said this, he gestured with his wing towards the gates, and they swung open all their own, then began to lead them through the archway of the front building toward the castle in the background.

As they walked, Odyssus looked around with awe at the architecture of the various facilities on the campus. Large fields with equipment and features for every sport imaginable, a large sundial sitting in front of a colosseum-like structure, the sign reading: Astrology, Alchemy, and Sciences. Aria, however, due to her shorter stature struggled to see anything but the backsides of her peers, growling with frustration as she kept hopping up and down like a small bird, which was strangely fitting. Finally, she made her way to Odyssus. "Hey, d'you mind giving me a boost up?" she asked.

"You wanna go for a flight now?" Odyssus asked incredulously, furrowing his brow.

"I just wanna see the campus, that's all." Aria explained. "Come on, pleeeease?" Odyssus rolled his eye, then smirked a bit as he crouched down and lowered his arm. Pleased, Aria hopped onto it and crouched. "Ready!" She said, eagerness building in her as Odyssus skipped forward a bit and swung his arm with a grunt, flinging her into the air over everyone's heads. As her ascent began to slow, she spread her wings and began flapping now and again to maintain her altitude as she glided over the crowd and got a bird's eye view of the campus. Then, as the crowds began to approach the front doors of the castle, she began to descend carefully and landed next to the cyclops once more.

"Satisfied?" He asked.

"Yep!" Aria piped.

Lord Aodhan Galdor
Aodhan glanced up at the clock and nodded his thanks when Aria told him they'd start orientation in 5 minutes. He absent mindedly summoned a small flame and briskly rubbed his hands together around it, smoothing it over his flesh like lotion and sighing in satisfaction as it warmed his chilled hands. As the fire sank into his skin, subtle fingers of flame flickered beneath the surface and ran up his arms beneath his coat. Once again, he thought longingly of his gloves stoved away in his trunk with the rest of his belongings. An ice elf would be running around on a day like this dressed for summer, and complaining it was just a touch warm. He thrived in the heat. The warmer, the better. He couldn't wait for summer. For now, he'd be happy with finding his room and crawling into the fireplace.

The clock finally chimed the noon hour, and he toward the door expectantly, frowning when he didn't see anyone there. You'd think the faculty here would be prompt. A movement drew his gaze up and he looked up at the largest owl he'd ever seen perched on top of the clock tower. He started down at them for a moment before swooping down to join them on the ground and gaze around them all before welcoming them and instructing them to follow him to the auditiorium without so much as an introduction as to who he was. For all Aodhan knew, they could be following the instructions of the school janitor. Oh, he knew it was unlikely, but it was the principle of the matter. He made a tsking noise and joined the students filing in, looking around, but not too impressed with anything he saw. It was big enough and certainly grand enough, but it wasn't the Royal Palace back home. Now that was a spectacle.

Synne Gildenlove and Niklas Vennerod
Niklas stood when he overhear Aria tell the elf lordling they would be going in soon. He looked around with open curiosity at the different students, and wondering if the ones who flew would ever want to go flying with him and Synne. He didn't see any more humans, thankfully. His gaze wandered toward Piper, but stopped short of looking straight at her, before wandering up to the clock and gasping at the big owl there. He grinned excitedly and danced from foot to foot.

"Look Synne. I bet he can fly fast!" He whispered to her.

She smiled and followed his gaze. "Maybe." She nodded, "But he's probably too busy to fly with the students."

As they walked toward the castle, both of them looked around at the different buildings, wondering if there was place, among all of the sport training facilities, for 2 dragons to keep up their practice. Synne found herself wondering, again, how this place was supposed to be safer from the strange humans who had Nik than home with the other dragons was. She knew the elders wouldn't knowingly send them into danger, but she had to wonder. They weren't often wrong, but it didn't mean they were always right. They didn't think she could find or rescue Niklas, but she did.

She hear Niklas laugh suddenly and looked over at him. He was watching the cyclops heave the siren into the air, and knew he struggled to not join her. She took his hand briefly and squeezed it softly. "Not here, Nik. Not now."

He nodded. "I know." His bare feet found a rock and stooped to pick it up, study it, and then discard it.

When the siren landed, he blurted, "Excuse me. Aria, is it? Why do you need to be thrown into the air to fly? Can't you just..." he flapped his hands, pantomiming flight, "...fly? Or are you like a gannet in that respect? They can't just fly either. They have to fling themselves of a high cliff before they can fly."

Last edited:
Nyklas bit his lip, disappointment evident in his face at Mal's answer. He sighed deeply and nodded, his shoulder's slumping slightly. "No, it's OK. Thanks for your honesty." He looked at Synne, "I had to ask, Synne."

HIs gaze fell to the ground and he squatted down, picked up a rock to study it, then tossed it aside. He took a few squat-walks to the side, and continued to study the ground, gently pushing his fingers through the grass, humming softly. He didn't remember a lot from his time in captivity, but he did remember the music that floated in the air. It was unlike anything he'd ever heard before, and it stuck in his head like a flies on a glue trap.

Synne watch Nyklas for a moment, then returned her attention to Mal Col Um, "I'm sorry if Niklas made you uncomfortable. I know he didn't mean to. He's...been through a lot." she took a breath. "So, Mal...can I call you Mal? Go ahead and ask away. Yes, you can ask anything," She grinned suddenly, "but understand I don't have to answer everything."
"You can call me Mal, Malcolm, just anything starting with M. And it's okay, he didn't do anything wrong. It's just the first time anyone's ever asked me if I could eat their fear for them. Usually, I look for people having nightmares." Crap, that was too much information. Mal blushed furiously, realizing his mistake. And now she didn't have to answer anything. Fair, fair, so now what?
ODYSSUS, ARIA, & WYZEN

Aria watched Nyklas's face fall at Mal's answer about removing his fear, and a twinge of sympathy came over her. She could only wonder what the dragon had been through to make him want to get rid of it so much. She looked over to Aodhan, the fire elf impatiently shivering, and raised a brow. Sure, it was a bit cool outside today, but it wasn't by any means freezing. She looked up toward the front building's clock tower: 11:55 AM. Orientation would begin in five minutes. "It shouldn't be too much longer." she assured Aodhan. Soon after she said this, more students began to enter the campus, pooling into the large front yard of the academy and chatting among themselves.

Odyssus looked around at the entering students. Some he could identify almost immediately due to his heritage: Minotaurs, Hapries and Furies, A couple more gorgons wearing special eyewear that could let them look around without petrifying anyone, a few lamias with them, even a genie amongst them. Others he was vaguely familiar with, like that Oni unpacking a bunch of training weights, or a vampire standing sideways on a tree trunk as she read, leaning against the branches as if they were a wall.

Minutes ticked by, and eventually, the clock tower's hands reached the 12 simultaneously. A loud chime of bells rang from it, and the crowds went silent. Standing perched on the top of the clock tower... was the headmaster. He appeared to be a large owl, his eyes gazing over the new students to enter his academy, his crest flaring up on either side like horns. He then descended into the yard. He towered over most of them as his head swiveled around a bit as he took each student into account in the blink of an eye. Yes, it seemed this was everyone. "Welcome to Citadel Academy." He addressed, his voice coming out louder than either Odyssus or Aria expected. "Please follow me in, and we will begin the Orientation in the school auditorium." As he said this, he gestured with his wing towards the gates, and they swung open all their own, then began to lead them through the archway of the front building toward the castle in the background.

Then the courtyard filled with students, and suddenly, Mal felt very isolated as he was pushed out of the way by a particularly rude ogre, then a gorgan with a nasty look, and finally a thing that seemed to be just half a man's body hopping around, really fast. Without the actual real dragons he'd just been talking to, Mal didn't have anyone to talk with now... and realized it crushingly. This was his first time being... anywhere, without his parents. He hoped they were okay. Course they were, they taught him everything he knew. He'd be fine, he'd be fine... he'd just never met any of these monsters before. Bogeymen tend to avoid other monsters, and even if his parents were more liberal, where they'd lived hadn't afforded much in the way of non-human companionship. All he'd ever known was a world surrounded by people, and now... he was in this one. It was all very overwhelming. So much so, Mal couldn't even feel the fear and nervousness of other students. Only his own. And he hated the scent.

Then he'd spotted the giant owl on the clocktower, the headmaster whose name he'd forgotten or never learned, and suddenly the whole crowd was being shuffled along, Mal grunted when he was bumped into a Minotaur by an Oni, and shoved back with a snort.

The heck was this? Why exactly did Mal suddenly feel like he was being singled out? Was he just imagining things?

Lord Aodhan Galdor
Aodhan glanced up at the clock and nodded his thanks when Aria told him they'd start orientation in 5 minutes. He absent mindedly summoned a small flame and briskly rubbed his hands together around it, smoothing it over his flesh like lotion and sighing in satisfaction as it warmed his chilled hands. As the fire sank into his skin, subtle fingers of flame flickered beneath the surface and ran up his arms beneath his coat. Once again, he thought longingly of his gloves stoved away in his trunk with the rest of his belongings. An ice elf would be running around on a day like this dressed for summer, and complaining it was just a touch warm. He thrived in the heat. The warmer, the better. He couldn't wait for summer. For now, he'd be happy with finding his room and crawling into the fireplace.

The clock finally chimed the noon hour, and he toward the door expectantly, frowning when he didn't see anyone there. You'd think the faculty here would be prompt. A movement drew his gaze up and he looked up at the largest owl he'd ever seen perched on top of the clock tower. He started down at them for a moment before swooping down to join them on the ground and gaze around them all before welcoming them and instructing them to follow him to the auditiorium without so much as an introduction as to who he was. For all Aodhan knew, they could be following the instructions of the school janitor. Oh, he knew it was unlikely, but it was the principle of the matter. He made a tsking noise and joined the students filing in, looking around, but not too impressed with anything he saw. It was big enough and certainly grand enough, but it wasn't the Royal Palace back home. Now that was a spectacle.
He'd spotted a harpy being flung into the air by someone, and his eyes and mouth went wide in amazement. He was about to get closer when he bumped into someone.

"Oh crap, I'm sorry-" Then he got a good look at the person. And his entire being was floored.

This man was drop. Dead. GORGEOUS. Holy cow was he hot! Literally, the guy felt hot. Mal had never actually seen anyone so beautiful before. Cute, sure, but not like this god... and it felt rather intimidating.

Wait, am I gay?!... no, there was that one time with that chick... wait, does that count? I just liked her hair, and her face, uh, maybe it does, but holy crap, this guy is... uh... he'd actually tall as shit. Uh, he seems confident, not afraid whatsoever. Who is this guy?

"Uh, hey!" Mal said, grinning and blushing a little awkwardly, "Sorry for that. I'm Mal Col Um. I'm new here. You too?"

He wondered if he should stick out his hand... nah. Too awkward already.

Lord Aodhan Galdor
Academy grounds, approaching the castle doors​

Aodhan watched Odyssus pitch Aria into the air so she could soar above everyone. He imagined, at her height, it would be the only way she could get a good view of everything. A part of him wished he could fly, while at the same time being glad his feet were firmly on the ground. He wasn’t afraid of heights, but he wouldn’t climb to the parapets and leaning too far over the edge. Idly, he conjured a small flame and rolled it nimbly between the fingers of his hand, as if it was a coin.

As they approached the massive castle doors, someone jostled him behind, forcing him to close his fist around the flame to prevent it from springing loose. He scowled and turned around, looking down his nose imperiously at whoever bumped into him. Oh. The boogeyman.

The boogeyman started to sputter an apology, but stopped halfway through, staring at him as if trying to soak in every last detail. Well, of course he did, but still. It was the boogeyman, of all people. “Well??” He snarled, “Do you make a habit of crashing into your betters and then staring at them like a dumbstruck fool?”

The bogeyman blushed and introduced himself, asking if he was new here too. “No. I take the orientation tour every year because it’s so riveting.” He rolled his shimmering ember eyes. “I am Lord Aodhan Galdor. The pleasure is yours, I’m sure.”

VynnyBoy VynnyBoy

Odyssus and Aria

Aria looked back to Niklas as he asked about whether she could fly by herself or not. "I mean, I could, but I kinda need a bit of a running start or a high place to start from. Trying to take off from a standstill's really hard for my kind." She explained, "I can stay in the air just fine, but if there isn't enough space or altitude, like right now, I can't take off on my own." As she spoke with Niklas, she playfully punched Odyssus on the shoulder. "But with Odyssus' help, I can get higher and get a lot more speed from one of his 'fastballs' as we like to call them. The dude's crazy strong!" The cyclops blushed at Aria's praise bashfully.

"I-It's not that impressive..." he stammered quietly, "E-Every one of my kind's that strong...at least." He overheard the commotion with Aodhan and Mal, looking back toward the confrontation. Aria scowled at Aodhan's rudeness as she followed the Cyclops' gaze.

"Yeesh. Talk about no chill. Then again, he does seem the hotheaded type." She muttered. Odyssus visibly cringed at the pun. "Oh, don't you get fired up with me, Odyssus. You know I can deliver some sick bur-" A large blue hand covered her mouth before she could continue.

"Please..." Odyssus sighed, "Just stop."

"Fiiiine." She grumbled, sitting down between him and the Dragons. "Everyone's a critic."
Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy

Wyzen

Wyzen watched as the students began to take their seats. Once everyone had a seat, he cleared his throat and began speaking to them. "Again, I welcome all of you to Citadel's prestigious academy. My name is Wyzen, and I am the headmaster of this establishment." He began, gesturing to himself with a wing. "As I speak, attendants will be handing out copies of our Student Guidelines and Academy Policies. To begin with, I know some of you come from conflicting species and nations, and I ask you leave that animosity behind you as you study here. You are in Citadel now: a neutral ground that welcomes all walks of life. And here in the academy, so too shall it be." As he spoke, an Oni and Raiju glared at each other, then turned away. Seems most students would be willing to follow that guideline at least.

"Second, your living conditions. You will each be given a 'room' which you are free to customize to your liking. You may invite others to socialize, of course, but there is a curfew set at 9:30 PM every night." Wyzen continued. He knew returning students would know all about it, but he was mostly saying it for the newer students. "Hmmm...There was something else...Ah, yes. In each of your dorm rooms you'll also find your class schedule. Each of our professors are hand-picked by myself to provide you with the best education possible. I hope you'll give them your attention and respect throughout the school year."

Synne Gildenlove and Niklas Vennerod

Nyklas listened to Aria's explanation attentively, then nodded his head. "So, like a gannet. You know...the bird? I guess, then you wouldn't be interested in flying with Synne and me when we go next, then."

Synne looked up at Odyssus as he denied being special. "Oh please. I bet you could bench press anyone here and not even break a sweat."

She followed Aria's gaze and tsked at seeing Lord Aodhan admonish Mal, then snickered at Aria's jokes. "Cant we just oil get along? I lava good fire pun! They're de-lightful!" She quipped. "We flame to please."

Nyklas tried to catch Mal's eye to wave him over so he could at least sit down with friendly people. "None of you mind if Mal comes to sit over here?" he asked quietly, "He's curious about everything, but he seems OK."

He listened to the headmaster, his breath catching when he said they would all get their own rooms. "Synne." He whispered. "They're not going to separate us, are they?"

"Don't worry, we'll make sure." Synne smiled at Nyklas.

WorldWeaver WorldWeaver VynnyBoy VynnyBoy

Sean Dulla

Sean had arrived by his spectral steed. Thankfully, he hadn't needed to cross any large bodies of water on the way, for that would've slowed him down considerably. He tried to slip past everyone unnoticed on his way in, because if he got hit too hard, it might reveal what he was and that tended to end friendships before they began.

Someone knocked into him on the way in. "Sorry about that," Sean muttered, trying to not get on anyone's bad side. He kept getting knocked around until he finally made it inside to the auditorium. He sat in the back row and pretended to rub his neck, but he was actually checking his head to make sure it wasn't out of place. He held his breath when they talked about rooms, then sighed when he heard he would get his own.

"I guess I actually have to try to make friends, and I won't get one automatically." he muttered to himself. Sean tried to slip out the back, but the doors were magically locked, keeping him in. He went back to his seat, but someone had taken it, so he stayed standing at the back of the aisle. He listened attentively so as not to miss anything. He hoped that he would find someone eventually, but decided that instead of looking for someone, he would let fate take its course. He stood by the exit door and decided that he would try to befriend the first person who knocked into him.

Piper Gray

The bell saved her from overwhelming attention. Not that she hates it but Piper wasn't prepared for it. She also could safely conclude that for the natives here seeing a human was as strange as if the human in her world seeing a monster. A giant owl descend and gave out intrsuctions to everyone there to follow him and her brain immediately brough one of the orders that her mentor told her, give the owl principal the letter. She was wondering if this was the right owl but her thought was interupted but the streams of students heading inside the academy. Piper was swept away as she tried to keep up with the streams, all while avoid getting slapped by a student's tail and moved away from the path of a tall demonic student and his friends. She was jealous at Aria who was gliding over the crowd so easily. If only she could fly... Shaking the thought away, Piper focused her mind. Remember your training. She didn't have wings, a large body, intimidating appearance or what not so she must adapt and uses her currently best tool to navigate through the crowd.

"Excuse me." Piper said as she slipped between what appear to be a minotaur and a fishman.

"S-sorry." She bowed her head apologetically when she accidentally bumped away a stout humanoid figure only half her height.

Gradually, Piper made her way to the front. She almost made it towards the principal when she was suddenly shoved to the side by the same demon student from before. Fortunately, she managed to recover her balance and did't stumble. She wanted to just brush it off as accident and continue her own way but when she saw the student's eyes she spotted an expression that she didn't expect. Disgust. It's as if he's looking at a excretment on the ground.

"W-what's your problem??" Piper snapped at the boy. The boy didn't answer right away but instead stared through her, arms crossed in front of his chest.

"You stinks of that old cot Beelz." He finally replied before turning away, leaving Piper speechless and confused.

What does that even mean??! Piper screamed inside her head. Wondering if it was some sort of slang in demonic culture or he just straight up told her that she had body odor, the comment made her conscious of her own smell but she sure didn't have any weird scent on her. In the end she just sucks it up and picked up her pace. Unfortunately for her this mean she should look for another opportunity to chat with the principal.

As the students arrived inside the main hall, Piper took the front most seat so she could hear clearly anything that was said. She was excited when the owl introduced himself as the headmaster which mean she didn't need to look for other owl. She's also excited at the prospect of having her own room, would she have roommate? or entire roomfor herself?? She couldn't wait for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back