• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hallowed Realm: Monster Academy (Monster RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Lord Aodhan Galdor
Academy grounds, approaching the castle doors​

Aodhan watched Odyssus pitch Aria into the air so she could soar above everyone. He imagined, at her height, it would be the only way she could get a good view of everything. A part of him wished he could fly, while at the same time being glad his feet were firmly on the ground. He wasn’t afraid of heights, but he wouldn’t climb to the parapets and leaning too far over the edge. Idly, he conjured a small flame and rolled it nimbly between the fingers of his hand, as if it was a coin.

As they approached the massive castle doors, someone jostled him behind, forcing him to close his fist around the flame to prevent it from springing loose. He scowled and turned around, looking down his nose imperiously at whoever bumped into him. Oh. The boogeyman.

The boogeyman started to sputter an apology, but stopped halfway through, staring at him as if trying to soak in every last detail. Well, of course he did, but still. It was the boogeyman, of all people. “Well??” He snarled, “Do you make a habit of crashing into your betters and then staring at them like a dumbstruck fool?”

The bogeyman blushed and introduced himself, asking if he was new here too. “No. I take the orientation tour every year because it’s so riveting.” He rolled his shimmering ember eyes. “I am Lord Aodhan Galdor. The pleasure is yours, I’m sure.”

VynnyBoy VynnyBoy
Mal had no clue what to say to... any of that. His previous admiration and possible attraction had deflated in an instant. Wow. This guy was an asshole.

"Sheesh," Mal muttered, not picking up on a few subtler things, "someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." What had Mal done to tick this guy off? He didn't know. Oh!He hadn't introduced himself properly, had he? Might as well do that!

"I'm Mal Col Um, by the way," he said, smiling a little awkwardly. "Uh... yeah, I guess it is nice to meet you? So, you're a lord, uh? Lord of what?"

Then they were moving again, and Mal was by himself. Great. Now what was he supposed to do? He just flowed with the crowd as they were led through the school by the giant owl.

Hey, where'd those dragons go? He liked them a lot. He should try to-
Wyzen

Wyzen watched as the students began to take their seats. Once everyone had a seat, he cleared his throat and began speaking to them. "Again, I welcome all of you to Citadel's prestigious academy. My name is Wyzen, and I am the headmaster of this establishment." He began, gesturing to himself with a wing. "As I speak, attendants will be handing out copies of our Student Guidelines and Academy Policies. To begin with, I know some of you come from conflicting species and nations, and I ask you leave that animosity behind you as you study here. You are in Citadel now: a neutral ground that welcomes all walks of life. And here in the academy, so too shall it be." As he spoke, an Oni and Raiju glared at each other, then turned away. Seems most students would be willing to follow that guideline at least.

"Second, your living conditions. You will each be given a 'room' which you are free to customize to your liking. You may invite others to socialize, of course, but there is a curfew set at 9:30 PM every night." Wyzen continued. He knew returning students would know all about it, but he was mostly saying it for the newer students. "Hmmm...There was something else...Ah, yes. In each of your dorm rooms you'll also find your class schedule. Each of our professors are hand-picked by myself to provide you with the best education possible. I hope you'll give them your attention and respect throughout the school year."

Mal perked when he heard about the living quarters. "Oh sweet!" he exclaimed, "I've been looking forward to that for ages! Can't flipping wait!"

What was he doing? Oh right! The dragons!

Where'd they flipping go?

Mal had no clue what to say to... any of that. His previous admiration and possible attraction had deflated in an instant. Wow. This guy was an asshole.

"Sheesh," Mal muttered, not picking up on a few subtler things, "someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." What had Mal done to tick this guy off? He didn't know. Oh!He hadn't introduced himself properly, had he? Might as well do that!

"I'm Mal Col Um, by the way," he said, smiling a little awkwardly. "Uh... yeah, I guess it is nice to meet you? So, you're a lord, uh? Lord of what?"

Then they were moving again, and Mal was by himself. Great. Now what was he supposed to do? He just flowed with the crowd as they were led through the school by the giant owl.

Hey, where'd those dragons go? He liked them a lot. He should try to-

Mal perked when he heard about the living quarters. "Oh sweet!" he exclaimed, "I've been looking forward to that for ages! Can't flipping wait!"

What was he doing? Oh right! The dragons!

Where'd they flipping go?
Lord Aodhan Galdor

Aodhon closed his eyes and took a slow breath as the bogeyman introduced himself. Mal Col Um. It was an unusual name, but then the entire race was unusual. Skulking in the shadows and feeding off fears. it wouldn't be so bad if it actually did the person they fed from some good, but it didn't, and that was beastly. Still, Aodhan had be raised with better manners than he had displayed. Elven court was rife with cutting remarks meant to eat away at one's ego and self-esteem; however, one never lowered oneself to such base levels as he had shown. Even if one was handling fire and having to quickly stop it from springing free because a clumsy bogeyman thoughtlessly jostled him from behind.

He opened his eyes to offer his apologies for his poor behaviour, only to see the bogeyman get swept away in the crowd. Aodhan made a soft tsking sound and turned to find a place to sit for the Headmaster's announcement. His sharp ears (he smirked at his own pun) picked up the voices of the dragons talking with Aria and Odyssus, and he headed that way.

"My ears are burning." he quipped, joining in on the fire puns. "I must be the hot topic of discussion."

He looked around, spotting the bogeyman struggling with the crowd. He didn't understand how some people let themselves be pushed about so. No one did so to him. He rolled his eyes and tsked again. "Bogeyman!" he called. "Mal Col Um! You might be safer over here!"

Academy Headmaster Wyzen

"Finally, those looking to join one of our sports teams can find who to talk to on the charts hanging on the locker room doors. I hope you'll consider lending your talents to our teams, and above all else, I hope you have fun with the experience." Wyzen finished going over the standard procedures and proceeded to give one final speech to the students now seeming bored to tears.

"I know this isn't the most exciting thing to go through, I get it, but if you take nothing else from this orientation, please at least remember this." He said as he moved from the lectern and began to pace back and forth across the stage. "You've all come here to seek a higher education to better your futures. But I implore you to also learn about each other and yourselves as well. Here in this academy, our goals are twofold; First, to provide the best education to you that we can. Second, to bring monsters from across all of the Hallowed Realm together to promote peace and cooperation between racial and cultural lines. It wasn't until the celestials banded together, after all, that they could best the greatest threat we had ever experienced. On the day of that threat's defeat, this city was built in remembrance of that cooperation and trust. I hope you will take that lesson given to us from history and keep it close."

"And with that, I wish you a good rest of your day. Classes will begin tomorrow, so take today to settle in and get to know the school and city a bit better." Wyzen continued, "Class Schedules and Dorm Room Keys are being passed out up front. Make sure to pick yours up before leaving; you have a choice between one- and two-person dorms."

Odyssus and Aria

Synne Gildenlove and Niklas Vennerod

Nyklas listened to Aria's explanation attentively, then nodded his head. "So, like a gannet. You know...the bird? I guess, then you wouldn't be interested in flying with Synne and me when we go next, then."

Synne looked up at Odyssus as he denied being special. "Oh please. I bet you could bench press anyone here and not even break a sweat."

She followed Aria's gaze and tsked at seeing Lord Aodhan admonish Mal, then snickered at Aria's jokes. "Cant we just oil get along? I lava good fire pun! They're de-lightful!" She quipped. "We flame to please."

Nyklas tried to catch Mal's eye to wave him over so he could at least sit down with friendly people. "None of you mind if Mal comes to sit over here?" he asked quietly, "He's curious about everything, but he seems OK."

He listened to the headmaster, his breath catching when he said they would all get their own rooms. "Synne." He whispered. "They're not going to separate us, are they?"

"Don't worry, we'll make sure." Synne smiled at Nyklas.

WorldWeaver WorldWeaver VynnyBoy VynnyBoy

Lord Aodhan Galdor

Aodhon closed his eyes and took a slow breath as the bogeyman introduced himself. Mal Col Um. It was an unusual name, but then the entire race was unusual. Skulking in the shadows and feeding off fears. it wouldn't be so bad if it actually did the person they fed from some good, but it didn't, and that was beastly. Still, Aodhan had be raised with better manners than he had displayed. Elven court was rife with cutting remarks meant to eat away at one's ego and self-esteem; however, one never lowered oneself to such base levels as he had shown. Even if one was handling fire and having to quickly stop it from springing free because a clumsy bogeyman thoughtlessly jostled him from behind.

He opened his eyes to offer his apologies for his poor behaviour, only to see the bogeyman get swept away in the crowd. Aodhan made a soft tsking sound and turned to find a place to sit for the Headmaster's announcement. His sharp ears (he smirked at his own pun) picked up the voices of the dragons talking with Aria and Odyssus, and he headed that way.

"My ears are burning." he quipped, joining in on the fire puns. "I must be the hot topic of discussion."

He looked around, spotting the bogeyman struggling with the crowd. He didn't understand how some people let themselves be pushed about so. No one did so to him. He rolled his eyes and tsked again. "Bogeyman!" he called. "Mal Col Um! You might be safer over here!"

Aria listened at first with a furrowed brow, having never heard of a Gannet in her life before. But as Niklas asked if she'd be interested in flying with them, her face lit up with excitement. "You kidding? No way am I gonna miss any chance to spread my wings and show my stuff!" she piped with a cheeky smile, "Just don't complain when I show you two up!" Then Synne joined in her puns, and Aria giggled as Odyssus rolled his eye. He never did like puns very much. Then, as the dragons asked if anyone would mind Mal joining them, and Aria heard Aodhan call out to him, she smirked. "Nah. Looks like the elf's warming up to him!" She glanced over at the cyclops. "Hey, was that a smile?"

"No." Odyssus replied simply.

"It was! You guys saw it!" She looked back to the dragons, "That was definitely a smile!"

"Was not." Odyssus said again, looking away with a slight blush.

As the Headmaster's final speech came through to the students, the two monsters from the Azurean fell quiet, Odyssus smiliing as he quietly agreed with the philosophy. Any living thing can be strong on their own, but they could never be as strong as a collective. And afterward, when Wyzen mentioned dorms can suit one or two people, Aria looked to the dragons. "Looks like you two won't have to worry about being separated after all." she said, then looked to Odyssus, "And us either." She gave him a wink, and he looked forward, trying to ignore the warmth rising in his cheeks as she snickered again.

As students lined up to grab their schedules and keys, Odyssus once more felt a smile grow on his face. He remembered being nervous about leaving Rhegon, but so far, the trip had gone fairly smoothly. And now, he had to admit he was excited to see what the school year had waiting for him. As he and Aria took both dorm keys for one of the two-person dorms, and their class schedules, the siren turned to talk with the dragons again.

"Let me know when you want me to join you on one of those flights you proposed!" she piped, "I'm gonna go help Odyssus move our stuff in!"

"I can do it if you want to go have some fun." Odyssus offered, Aria "punching" his shoulder in response.

"Nah. You might be able to carry more, but I can get it there faster. Besides, it's my stuff too, prince." she quipped with a smirk.

"Alright, then." And with that, they made their way back to the shipyard to unload their possessions.

Mika Astor

Mika was running late, per usual, but quite frankly couldn’t care less. It wasn’t her fault that Orlok was being a pain. He insisted on nothing other than whining and complaining about her plans. Leaving in the morning? No, they should leave at night to travel faster so she can use his powers and he can take them there. Socialize and get to know their classmates? Unacceptable, this experience was strictly professional and for their own gain. Arrive on time to make a semi-decent impression? How could they? Orlok clearly needed to refuse to stop whining and complaining at every turn when Mika refused to do something he wanted. Despite being some greater being, if anything, he was much more like a bratty child and it made Mika regret contracting with him in the first place.

By the time they had made it to the academy, the headmaster had already begun his speech. As subtly as possible, Mika slipped inside and sat in the closest empty seat available. There wasn’t anything exciting about the meeting overall; the headmaster just covered basics like dorms, sports, classes, schedules, and the like. By the time it was over, Mika made sure to be one of the first ones out the door to secure a single-person room for herself. There was no way she’d put herself in such an awkward situation by making her roommate deal with Orlok’s bullshit.

As she made her way to her new room with her few belongings, Orlok’s complaining began again. “You better put blackout blinds in! Paint the walls a dark color too! Oh, and I want a fridge.” he complained. As he spoke, a black, inky-looking streak spiraled up her neck.

“No. I’m doing what I want with the room. Go back to your little corner and fuck off, will ya’?”

“That’s not a very kind way to address your savior.”

“Shut up. If anything, I saved you from rotting away with a bunch of low-life spirits since the rest of the Celestials rejected you.”

“Ouch! Someone’s in a bad mood.”

“Yeah, and if you don’t stop pestering me, I’ll just have to get rid of you for good. Then we both don’t have to deal with this hell we put ourselves in.”

“You’d seriously consider killing the both of us because you’re in a bad mood?”

“Absolutely.”

Orlok gave a pitiful sniff. “So mean…”

As he continued his rambling, Mika rolled her eyes and continued until she found her dorm. To anyone unaware of her predicament, it would look like she was talking to herself.

After finding her dorm, she got to work on unlocking it whilst trying to ignore Orlok’s constant pestering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back