• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Halber Escape -- (Grishaverse RP)

EasyWright

Cracked Shell
Cole Halber, son of Erik Halber and Krista Halber, had lived around the business of weapons and war for practically his entire life and, naturally, was expected to follow into his father's footsteps, who followed his fathers and so on for 6 generations back. He wanted out. Whatever the Fjerdans and Ravkans had against each other was none of his business in his mind, and fueling the fire wasn't in his interests. However, it seemed, that the only way out of the vicious cycle for him was building a whole new fortune for himself, and for that, he may have to take a few lives as a hitman...

Good morning/afternoon/evening to all who see this! I've been reading a lot of Leigh Bardugo's works lately and would love to insert myself in the form of a roleplay, of course. I know I'm probably years late compared to some of you, but I'm mostly caught up in the books; the only one I haven't read is King of scars, but I'm waiting for its sequel to come out before I read it. I will be playing my character, Cole. Here are my conditions for roleplay:
  • Both OCs and canon characters are welcome
  • Knowledge of the books and some of the lore is preferred
  • There is no reply length minimum or maximum limit, just don't make them unnecessarily short or long. Make it appropriate.
  • Respond as often as is comfortable and let me know if you won't be able to reply for a week (my anxiety will eat me up about it like nobody's business).
  • Do tell me if anything is bothering you about the story or myself; I'll try to fix it.
  • I prefer no edgelords, but if you don't feel like you quite fit in that category, we'll see how things go between us.
  • Don't you fucking dare introduce yourself in character or I will punch your cat so hard in its little cat face.
If you, the person reading this, want to make this a 1 on 1 roleplay, I'm game for that as much as I am a small group.
I'll only be taking a few people into a group.
This is the first time I've set up a group thing, so I barely know what I'm doing. Please be patient with me, but don't be afraid to tell me I'm dumb.

Hi! I'm interested in this RP if it's not too late! I've read Six of Crows, Crooked Kingdom, Language of Thorns, and Shadow and Bone. I'm still working on finishing up the triology, but I love this universe.

Hallo! I haven't read as much as you probably have of this, but I did read the first 1.5 books of the trilogy (the second one has been a process), and I read Six of Crows and am currently working on Crooked Kingdom. But I have a grasp of the universe at least... so I'd love to join an RP in it!

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork dulcinea dulcinea Would the both of you be interested in making a small group or would you rather I 1 on 1 both of you? I was starting to think that I wouldn't get any responses! What you've both read should definitely be enough, and I'll do my best not to spoil anything. I'm trying to find the time to read King of Scars at the moment but I'm sort of backed up with books.

Ideally we'd have one or two more, but whatever we get, we get! What are you reading now? I'm in the middle of Mistborn.

I'm reading Crooked Kingdom (or trying to), I accidentally left Siege and Storm back home, so I'm not technically reading it... but I'm also trying to reread Cinder and some other series. Not to mention my book for one of my classes.

Works out, I actually prefer group! And yes I know the struggle-- used to work at a library and wrote down the titles of all the new books that came in. I'm going to borrow Siege and Storm the next time I'm at the library.

I think we probably have enough by now. Your characters will be Kerch thugs, mainly, but if you have other ideas that would fit into the scenario, use them instead.

I think we probably have enough by now. Your characters will be Kerch thugs, mainly, but if you have other ideas that would fit into the scenario, use them instead.

Oh heck yes time to break out my inner Kaz XD

Here's the OOC, I'll be making the other necessities over the course of the next couple of days. Post some character sheets here in this interest check and I'll let you know if you're accepted.

So you won't be making an official character sheet page?

Oh heck yes time to break out my inner Kaz XD

So you won't be making an official character sheet page?
I didn't say that. I just want a brief sheet here so that I can accept or reject people and then they can post a more detailed sheet in the character sheet page.

i just realized i read the instructions wrong and you wanted the brief cs posted here. i deleted my post in the other thread and reposted what i had onto this one.

Name: Sybil Wilhem

Bio: Ravkan-born Grisha Squaller, assigned to a post near the border. After a surprise attack from the Fjerdans, the post was lost and Sybil deserted the Second Army. That day had changed her views on war, but not her animosity towards Fjerdans and their crimes against Grisha. She stole away in a Kerch ship by dressing as a boy and arrived at Ketterdam. She found work in a jurda factory as a packer. Due to not using her abilities, Sybil became too weak to work there and she was fired when she couldn't meet her daily quota. Desperate for a job, Sybil looked in the Barrel. Upon arriving there, she was surrounded by a group of gang members. Sybil used her powers to defend herself, but was ultimately caught and brought to the leader. In return for the gang keeping her secret that she was Grisha, Sybil became indentured to them indefinitely and assists in underground work and sabotaging other gangs.

Personality: A solitary individual, but reliable when it comes to jobs. Has pacifist beliefs, although she can't practice them due to the nature of her work. She's well-mannered and kind, qualities that the Barrel can't take away, but kind from a distance and practices caution when it comes to placing trust in strangers. Despite her withdrawn demeanor, Sybil is actually quite emotional and troubled by the choices she's made.

Skills: Summoning winds, creating storms. Hand-to-hand combat. Learned Kerch at the LIttle Palace, although the people around her think she's not fluent because she keeps to herself.

I know I've been quiet, but school's keeping me busy. I do still want to do this! (But I have 32 pages of philosophy to take notes on this weekend so kms)

As a side note, I didn't want this to seem like my character, Cole, is the "main character" or whatever, that's just his chunk of the story; his reason for being in the barrel area and not amongst other successful merchants

Users who are viewing this thread

Back