• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Just to make sure I understood correctly. The group were basically magically transported or shifted to to the primary temple on the sea floor from the temple they were in that was on the surface of the island. The transition between the two locations was marked by the sudden drop of temperature and the darkness. Was that about right or did I misinterpret something?
You're right about the transition being marked by cold and darkness. The part I think I've confused people on is what happens after that. I'll reference my post to explain, since that's probably easiest.

"You are Eiri's daughter indeed," the goddess mused, the size of her chosen form beginning to dwindle and waver. "To come in here thinking you have all the answers." A shadow fell over the room, dropping them into darkness as the temperature rapidly declined.
This is the part where the transition happens. If the group were to look behind them at this time, they'd see that the mountains outside the temple had been warped into a view of the ocean floor (as if they were staring through the glass at an aquarium). This naturally makes the room a lot colder and darker.

There hadn't been any sound of the stone doors closing, but as Ymir turned to check she found the reality was worse.

The sun had disappeared. In place of mountains, an endless wall of water revealed scores of sea life swimming in the open view.
Ymir turns around to see why the room got dark. She is not happy to find that the sky has been replaced by the ocean.

Within the temple itself, stone carvings had begun to gain texture and colour, swaying as if it were submerged in water.
I was going to expand on this more in my next post, but the previously stone carvings of coral and other sea life return to being alive once the room is underwater. In its natural state on the sea floor, the temple looks and acts much like a reef.

With that final warning the light faded, and Ymir had scarce seconds to blink the spots from her eyes before the aquatic wall of water behind them began to tremble. Whatever power had been holding it at bay disappeared, and the current that swept into the room was strong enough to throw them all off their feet.
When Odyssey first transports the group to the ocean floor, she holds back the water outside until she gives them her blessing. The very last sentence is her taking down the barrier and the water crashing into the room, similar to if the glass at an aquarium broke. At that point I ended my post, though looking back I should definitely have explained it all a bit more.

One qualm I DID have was the fact that the pressure from water at the bottom of the ocean, would seriously maim the group of it rushed in all at once. I did consider having Odyssey control it as an excuse, but she's sort-of-kind-of malicious so that probably wouldn't be in character for her /shrug/. In this case imma use GM powers and say they end up okay (o^o)d

I hope this helps. I'm happy to explain everything as much as needed, given I should have done so properly in the beginning.

Wow, it's just twist after twist during this Siren's Watch Arc huh?
giphy.gif

Everybody is having all these dramatic revelations and reunions literally half a year in the making
Ashitaka who literally joined earlier that morning:
1648763790024.png

Wow, it's just twist after twist during this Siren's Watch Arc huh?
The rest of the expedition is going to have a hard time upping the ante after this one...

It's been almost half a year in the making since Chinchia and I first discussed the idea
IT REALLY HAS BEEN AHAHAH. A whole five months of going back and forth over when to bring her in, wondering if it were too soon or if it should be put off till later. At long last the moment arrives!

Everybody is having all these dramatic revelations and reunions literally half a year in the making
Ashitaka who literally joined earlier that morning:
Then there's Ymir, nearly a year into the RP without any dramatic reveals like (눈_눈)

Though her face is definitely the confused arithmetic meme after the latest revelation. I'll reply to the convo soon btw!

The rest of the expedition is going to have a hard time upping the ante after this one...

IT REALLY HAS BEEN AHAHAH. A whole five months of going back and forth over when to bring her in, wondering if it were too soon or if it should be put off till later. At long last the moment arrives!

Then there's Ymir, nearly a year into the RP without any dramatic reveals like (눈_눈)

Though her face is definitely the confused arithmetic meme after the latest revelation. I'll reply to the convo soon btw!
Cool and good :coolshades:

I'll hammer out a post as soon as I can, all my professors seem content to pile on today! o.0

Haha, well, with Eiru and Leo's reveals, I think our characters are gonna need some downtime to digest that info, especially Ymir xD
I'll reply to the convo soon btw!
I'll hammer out a post as soon as I can, all my professors seem content to pile on today! o.0
I'm gonna wait till Nanalee gets a response to her offer of help! Look forward to seeing em tho :coolshades:

I'mma open this like a Outkast song and say "HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY'ALLLLLLL"

Cheesy opener aside, I have been ridiculously busy with college this week!!!! That and my washing machine died - which was completely unfun, to say the least! But, I'm back, and more shitpost-y than ever, and I'll get a response out today!

All future references to swim-walking will henceforth be called "Swalking." Don't @ me. /s

I again apologize for the lengthy delay. There's not really a ton for him to do at the moment so I improvised a little- 👀 Hopefully that's the last little bit of busy-period that I have for at least a few days. Finals are coming up soonish so I'll be getting a lot more free time very soon!

All future references to swim-walking will henceforth be called "Swalking." Don't @ me. /s

I again apologize for the lengthy delay. There's not really a ton for him to do at the moment so I improvised a little- 👀 Hopefully that's the last little bit of busy-period that I have for at least a few days. Finals are coming up soonish so I'll be getting a lot more free time very soon!
😂😂

I have a busy work weekend coming up, but I should have time for a response by the time everyone has finished replying! I believe it's just Ruvo and Nanalee that I'm waiting to see the reactions of ( RatKing RatKing SilverFeathers SilverFeathers ). Unless either of you let me know otherwise I'll wait until your responses are up before posting for Ymir.

😂😂

I have a busy work weekend coming up, but I should have time for a response by the time everyone has finished replying! I believe it's just Ruvo and Nanalee that I'm waiting to see the reactions of ( RatKing RatKing SilverFeathers SilverFeathers ). Unless either of you let me know otherwise I'll wait until your responses are up before posting for Ymir.

Seems it’s a busy time of year. I too have been kept busy with multiple assignments and projects. But I should have the time to write up a response for Ruvo sometime tomorrow.

Just ducking in to say I'm alive! I'm changing jobs atm in between uni so it's been hectic, but I should have some time later today for a reply

Edit: sorry to everyone waiting. I'm still working on the response, somewhat struggling with writers block to get it done

Last edited:
ALSO SO SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING ON YOU ALL QAQ
Was stuck for a while there and just couldn't get my head into gear for the life of me. Hope everyone has had a good Easter so far and are feeling more relaxed than me and my oncoming assignments :ghostv:

I've been with my family for Easter so I won't be able to reply for the next 2 days at least but I've been having a relaxed time, hope y'all's Easter is also good!

ALSO SO SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING ON YOU ALL QAQ
Was stuck for a while there and just couldn't get my head into gear for the life of me. Hope everyone has had a good Easter so far and are feeling more relaxed than me and my oncoming assignments :ghostv:
It’s quite alright. I’m too am feeling the pressure of a couple of big assignments that are due this upcoming week. Have a good Easter as well.

Uasal Uasal Would you like to do a post for Eiru first given that Ymir interacted with her quite a bit or should I go ahead and do a post for Olivia and Leo when I have time?

Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal SilverFeathers SilverFeathers BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot RatKing RatKing
Y'know what—I SHOULD be working on assignments right about now, but I had an idea on how enemy ranks will work so I went ahead and did those instead. When I have a bit more time I'll go through and update the rules and questing pages, but for now the information is as follows—

GUILD Ranks
The guildstone guild runs off a system of merit, rather than pure ability. Characters 'ranking up' means that the guild recognises them as capable of taking on larger threats—whether through aptitude or skill—even if they're not equal in terms of power. Organisations like kingdom guards and most other guilds will use the equal-ability metric, where to rank up you have to be able to match a similarly ranked enemy in strength. This can sometimes lead to the guild being looked down upon due to the 'weakness' of their members.

ENEMY Ranks
In order to make sure there is always a challenge for our protagonists, who have the ability to grow and strengthen their attributes, enemies and rival guild members are assigned more attribute points from the outset.

Enemies up to rank Silver II can be created freely for quests or events, but beyond that they must have prior approval.

ALLY Ranks
NPC allies are ranked according to the enemy system, but there are conditions that must be met regarding how much they are able to help the main cast. In most cases, such NPCs will be tied to the protection of a kingdom or group, or created as a countermeasure against threats that would otherwise be out of the cast's ability to handle.

Allies up to rank Iron IV can be created freely, but beyond that they must have prior approval.

Changes to QUESTS
Quest Tiers now hold more weight, given the heightened threats one may encounter on them. Both Tier and Rank requirements have to be satisfied before the quest can be approved, but once there is someone with enough merit to guide the quest, lower level members can be invited along for experience.

RANKING SYSTEM
Attribute points that can be assigned to enemy characters, according to their threat level—
Copper I: 50​
Copper II: 100​
Iron I: 200​
Iron II: 300​
Iron III: 400​
Iron IV: 500​
Silver I: 750​
Silver II: 1000​
Silver III: 1250​
Silver IV: 1500​
Gold I: 2000​
Gold II: 2500​
Gold III: 3000​
Gold IV: 3500​

Note: there are higher ranks than gold, but they are subject to private criteria.

And that's it so far! I've got to go and do assignment work now, but if anyone has any questions or concerns I'll be around.

Edit: formatting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back