• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Main Hall))

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The Wizard
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

The Wizard was very pleased with his newly purchased robes as well as a hat he found in the bargain bin. It was a matter of great importance that he always have one. Without it, he felt like a tenth of his usual self. Staring at himself in a nearby mirror to check out his newest purchases. The Wizard filled his new clothes with a horse trough's worth of mana. Feeling a incredible weight press down on every part of his body below the neck. Smiling at such an effective method of training. The Wizard remembered that he still had a bunch of potions he still needed to collect from Azalea. No doubt the added boost to his ability parameters would do him well. Attempting to take a step forward. His legs felt like lead-filled lead. Struggling to push himself forward. The Wizard valiantly began to penguin waddle his way out of the store. Reaching the door back to the guild. Lifting his arm to open the door made said limb feel like lava was passing through his bloodstream. Refusing any help that may have been offered by Gion or the shopkeeper. The Wizard managed to open the door before continuing his noble waddling through the guild-hall. What he came upon was Leonard hugging some new lady who seemed like she was crying enough to fill a bucket. Forcing his weighed down body past whatever was going on. He approached the desk with an incredibly pale face whilst perfecting his waddling form. "Azalea! The Wizard is here for his potions. Will these render him comatose or can he proceed on his next quest afterwards?" uttered the magus with a fire burning in his eyes.

1669479136976.png
Eiru Eagna

When Eiru returned to the bar, something Cylia had said stuck with her.​
Have you ever had someone make an attempt on your life? Ever had to worry that everything you eat and drink might just be poisoned? That every time you walk into your room someone with a dagger is waiting right around the corner, never allowing you a moment to relax?"​

Truth be told Eiru was no stranger to assassination attempts. indeed as the only heir to the throne of her nation and crown princess, there were many who coveted her position and wished her removed for many a reason. Such was the political landscape of so many a nation. Though with that said Eiru never really paid it all to many mind. As a child, she was far too occupied with research and understanding the world around her to care about such a boring and trivial matter. Reckless to a disturbing degree the small fae had been a walking bundle of trouble and curiosity from the moment she could read and comprehend. Many a knight had been assigned her guard and many a knight had stood down time and time again. Eiru was, surprisingly, quite the problem child. A problem child no knight wanted to be left responsible for. A child no politically powerful individual saw as a responsible and reasonable candidate for ascension.

Eiru was no stranger to the world of political subterfuge but it was a world she detested and disdained much like her aunt did too. Though Eiru had many years to come to terms with such things a mortal such as Cylia hadn't the opportunity or luxury to. A thought that struck the all too intoxicated Eiru with a sense of guilt. Perhaps she had been too harsh on the woman. But then again Eiru only spoke the truth. How strange a feeling. Sipping at her new drink Eiru watched as Ymir and Ruvo moved to leave in tow with the siblings.

Tilting her head back Eiru looked to the ceiling with a distant gaze "I wonder what Laif is doing... Ugh... actually I don't want to know. It's probably something really boring!". Turning her attention instead to the red-haired menace Eiru spoke up "Tyron. You're magic has grown stronger and you reak of souls. Did you really train at the Solmar outpost? What became of the demonic slime once we left? Did it regenerate, did the scouts uncover anything of significance? I never did get a response from the general in regards to my warning her of a potential realm breach."

Before Eiru could continue though her attention was captured by the Wizard, Kathlyn and Azalea. "Actually, I'd like to request a gold rank ability potion as my reward for ranking up too. There's something I've been avoiding that I think it's about time I face"
Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

defgkat-65ec8d23-395f-4913-b0af-c8ff03cb88d6.png
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Azalea watched, as yet another drama filled encounter occurred within her halls. Tyron's presence was consistent with trouble--usually in the form of the kingdom guard breathing down their necks--but with Angora and the unknown knight he had effectively uprooted the afternoon. Azalea had no interest in, and stoically ignored, whatever business it was this newcomer had with Leo. As long as it didn't end up with him stuck in chains and another report to be filed she cared only to the extent that it caused damage to the hall. The imposing visitor had at least enough propriety to take things to the training grounds.

That solves that matter, she mused, setting aside the new registrations under the desk where they were out of harms way. She liked issues that solved themselves without her doing anything. It made the already chaotic day a little more simple.

"Azalea!" She glanced up, noting the wizard's new attire with a skeptical glance. It didn't seem to... fit. Going by how he was standing. He looked as if he were ready to keel over already, and his next sentence didn't instill her with much more confidence. "The Wizard is here for his potions. Will these render him comatose or can he proceed on his next quest afterwards?"

She paused at answering, scrutinising the pale boy. "I doubt the side-effects will be favourable..." He was already worn down from a previous mission, and it would be his first time taking the potions they gave to iron ranks. "I suggest letting Kathlyn monitor you for a while before departing."

"Actually, I'd like to request a gold rank ability potion as my reward for ranking up too." Eiru added her own reward to the potions Kathlyn went off to retrieve, speaking more quietly at the end. "There's something I've been avoiding that I think it's about time I face."

There wasn't much of a chance to ask her about the change in appearance, since her and Tyron were in the middle of yet another row. Kathlyn returned with two potions in hand, one of which Azalea handed to wizard, and the other she left for Eiru whenever the witch was done arguing.

defgobf-822de872-52bd-4631-a768-f2c103cef167.jpg
Tyron Avattica
Mentions: Uasal Uasal
Tyron would have been perfectly happy if the witch had stayed a bar length's away from him, spouting her nonsense at matters that didn't involve him. But as soon as Cylia had ceased being an adequate distraction, the not-so-short head of white hair seemed to make its way back to him. There were several avenues he had for addressing what the witch said earlier, but many of them would prove inadequate in the face of her position at the Arcane House. No matter how many enemies the pint-sized magician had made over her tenure, the kingdom abhorred giving up on a resource before exploiting its full potential.

"What are you looking at? Don't be gross!"

He sneered, turning his head as he contemplated whether it was worth the effort of responding. She'd step on the wrong toes eventually. Tick off someone powerful and with less to lose from their position than him.

"I wonder what Laif is doing..." Eiru continued, speaking to herself. Tyron pondered tuning out the sound of her voice, before his name caught his attention once more. He glanced her way with ill-contained ire. "Tyron. You're magic has grown stronger and you reak of souls..." She continued to speak, as if she hadn't insulted him for acknowledging her presence not moments earlier. "...did the scouts uncover anything of significance? I never did get a response from the general in regards to my warning her of a potential realm breach."

He stared at her for a stale heartbeat, stepping away from the counter he rested against--one thing to be said about the guild was that it cared little for how improperly he conducted himself--to loom over the snide witch. She herself in awful high standing for someone who couldn't reach the top shelf.

"You sure ask a lot of questions for a creepy doll," he said. It wasn't just her height, he realised, glaring at eyes that were once another colour. "Why don't you go toy with some more souls if you want to know. I'm sure you'd enjoy the endless screaming of the damned."

ymir_3_by_arumey_desyhu3-pre.jpg
Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars RatKing RatKing
"Think we should give them some space."

Ymir heaved a sigh from where she was slumped over the fence line, watching the two siblings cry it out. Eiru had remained inside, the little smartass. Ymir was beginning to wish she'd done the same, as it became increasingly obvious the siblings had a lot they weren't saying.

"Let's," she said, reaching out to stir up enough dust that the onlookers would be sent into a coughing fit. "Have you decided what you want for your rank reward?" She spoke to Ruvo as they returned to the hall. Azalea seemed to be dealing with several other requests, which made the perfect time to bother her with a few more. "I'm not certain myself. Those potions suck once you get to silver rank. Even iron level potency knocked me out for a day." But it was worse if you took multiple in succession. Many members learned the hard way that stocking up on weaker potions didn't lead to cumulative gains. In may cases, they ended up in a worse position than when they started.

"Maybe I should try getting an elemental weapon like Leo." Being able to attack with something more solid than air did sound tempting. "But learning to wield a weapon properly sounds like a real hassle." Maybe she'd try to stomach the potion after all, as much as she wasn't looking forward to the next few days.

1669829291138.png
Eiru Eagna

When Tyron moved to loom over her, Eiru didn't bother to move. After all, why would she? It wasn't as though the red-haired menace was all that taller than her now anyway. Besides in her current state of mind Eiru actually found his actions to be quite funny and playful, looming over her like that with such a serious look. It made her want to pinch his cheeks but she had to keep her composure if Tyron was this upset riling him up any more would only serve to entertain herself but it would come to the detriment of those others intending to get any actual work done. There had been enough fighting in the guild hall today and if there were much more poor Azalea would start to wither. And if Azalea started to wither, well, very few would be escaping the hall unscathed.

Offering Tyron a gentle smile Eiru tilted her head to look up at him, meeting his cold gaze with a joyful and lively one. But why was he so mad anyway? It wasn't like the little witch had said anything to him right? "Tyron do you really think I look like a doll? You truly are a master in flattery! But I'm far too old for you, it wouldn't work out! ....eh I mean mentally.... yes... mentally I'm far too old for you! hahaha! Yes!"

Catching herself in her own revelation Eiru was quick to pass it off as a slip of the tongue, scolding herself internally as she covered up for herself as best she could. Tilting her head to the side Eiru laughed softly and shook her head from side to side "You know Tyron, the screaming of tortured souls is anything but pleasant to listen to. Why would I enjoy it? That is quite the statement to make. Though... I do know an old lady back home who might! Old hag! Blegh. Bet she's at home right now communing with some greater spirit, making some sort of deal for some paltry and obscure form of information. Honestly... she once locked me in a catacomb this one time you know. Claimed it would really help bring out my spirit affinity if I spent a few nights inside. She was right... but it was torture!". Pausing for a second Eiru returned her head upright and began sipping on her drink again "Some souls can be quite good conversationalists once they warm up to you though. But others... well, it can be an excruciating experience. Damned souls are the worst, they can quite quickly drive you to madness. Solamar can be quite the headache, just walking around can prove quite overbearing even for me. So no I'd rather not listen to their screams. But anyway my days of 'toying' with souls are well behind me. Besides its illegal here right, you guys have something against spirits or their use... whatever it is its fine by me. Though it can be hard sometimes to ignore their pleas for help. You get me? Actually, why is it that Utilising souls is forbidden in these lands? I never asked.

Sylph Sylph

The Wizard
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal

The Wizard was happy to see the potion he had earned through grit and determination. Naturally he went to immediately drink it so he could be on his way. However the fact that Kathlyn was present proved to be a bit of a deterrent to such recklessness. Picking up the bottle with the strange liquid inside. The concerned look that Azalea had given him must have meant something. Obviously it must have been that she was worried that the Wizard was at risk. Such concern was still foreign to the wizard. This past month has been far better than his entire life so far, which included the times he nearly died. Looking at the receptionists who watched him eye the potion. He watched Eiru take hers and wondered why a gold rank like her needed one. Perhaps she had reached a level of power he'd never have and simply desired more. That was the kind of mage he needed to grow more powerful than. Popping the cork off of his potion without a moments hesitation. The Wizard downed the contents with a passion within his eyes. A feeling of overwhelming heat surged throughout his entire body. His vision began to grow hazy as his heartbeat became the only discernible sound.

Refusing to allow a mere concoction to have the better of him. The Wizard channeled his mana throughout his robes. Forcing the weighted clothes to keep him upright was the first step in his clash with the iron rank potion. However something strange happened next. Bulging out black as night were the Wizards very veins. Blood began dripping from his eyes like crimson tears. Gripping the reception desk with an uneasy hand. Clicking his neck from side to side. The Wizard nearly fainted on the spot. Yet he kept that feeling of powerlessness at the forefront of his mind, refusing to yield until he had reaped his rewards. Raising his head, red streaks from eye to jawline. The Wizard addressed both receptionists with labored breaths. "The Wizard is not dead yet. He has only suffered a minor setback. Now it is time for another quest" said the mage like cornered animal.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
With Ymir in agreement to leave the siblings alone for the time being the cartographer and bard began making their way back to the old guild hall. "Have you decided what you want for your rank reward?" "I've had an idea or two in mind for a while now, but with my instrument all messed up I think my decision has been made for me". Not much more had happened in the hall while the bout was going on. Tyron looked flustered and annoyed as usual while Eiru was talking to him. Azalea and Kathlyn on the other hand were being kept busy assisting Wizard and Gion with their quest rewards. "I'm not certain myself. Those potions suck once you get to silver rank. Even iron level potency knocked me out for a day." "Yea they are pretty bitter aren't they?" he said agreeing on the potency of the potions. "Hoped that maybe it would get better for a higher rank but I guess it makes sense that its the opposite"

"Maybe I should try getting an elemental weapon like Leo. But learning to wield a weapon properly sounds like a real hassle." "It might be a hassle, but I think it will be worth the effort" he said with a sigh before continuing. "I've had some time to think during our trip back and I think I have a lot of room for improvement with my magic. I need to be able to defend myself from danger if need be and while my musical affinity is great for certain things its not too good at fighting someone who wants to hurt me. Best I can do is maybe deafen and daze an attacker. But if I could just be half as good with my air affinity as you or Leo are then maybe I won't be dead weight or a liability when a fight breaks out or a monsters rears it's head." he said waiting a moment to see Ymir's reaction

"Sorry if that was a bit much, I..I don't know. I just got the feeling that we all felt powerless to do anything at the end of our adventure underwater. Don't think we should be shying away from taking time to better ourselves and broaden our skillsets. I think maybe I'll take the time to do it myself, besides I've been meaning to ask Eiru about training for a while now".

Ymir
Mentions: RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal
Ymir listened quietly as Ruvo mentioned what had clearly been on his mind for a while. Being so soft-spoken, the the feathers and beak made his expression hard to read. She noticed he spoke well, if given time to talk. Even if he wasn't so outgoing as Eiru or Leo, he put just as much efforts into crafting his words. "But if I could just be half as good with my air affinity as you or Leo are then maybe I won't be dead weight or a liability when a fight breaks out or a monsters rears it's head... "

Ymir thought back over the trip, watching his expression change as he switched to an apology. He hadn't stood out as much as Leo or Eiru throughout the journey, which was weird in and of itself as a bard. But he was there when it counted. And he'd been more steadfast than any of them. Ymir sighed, rubbing the side of her head. "It's ok if you're not a fighter, you know. I think a lot of adventurers underestimate how effective different methods can be."

Don't think we should be shying away from taking time to better ourselves and broaden our skillsets. I think maybe I'll take the time to do it myself, besides I've been meaning to ask Eiru about training for a while now."

"Asking Eiru for training, huh." Ymir spotted the witch over in one of the seats not far from the front counter. Her and red menace were at it again it seemed. Eiru looking flippantly unperturbed by the glowering soldier.

What on earth was she up to now? Honestly, Ymir hadn't been out of the hall long at all. Though Eiru being drunk and all--maybe five minutes was all it took. "Honestly... she once locked me in a catacomb this one time you know." The situation only got stranger as her and Ruvo walked into hearing range. It seemed Eiru was rambling on as usual, but as she began to talk about something far more dire Ymir felt a spike of panic. "Claimed it would really help bring out my spirit affinity if I spent a few nights inside. She was right... but it was torture! Some souls can be quite good conversationalists once they warm up to you though--"

Oh shit- She lunged forward, pulling Eiru into a stranglehold to stop her saying anything worse. "Ahahah! Tyron! Long time no see!" Ymir offered a too-wide, friendly grin, and if Eiru was indignant she ignored it. Tyron looked about as pleased to see Ymir as a puppy kicker would a dog. But that was how he looked at most people in the guild anyway "Back looking for more quests? That's great! Eiru just returned from a terribly stressful one though, so she's not a great option. And she's veeeery drunk. She tends to blabber on about nonsense... hahah.."

Tyron said nothing, turning away to go talk to Azalea. probably about a mission or something.

"Did you hit your head on a rock?" Ymir hissed as soon as he was elsewhere. "He's from the guard!"

Tyron glanced back, as if to make perfectly obviously he could still hear then. Ymir lowered her tone again, speaking quietly, for what little it would do. "Don't go spouting nonsense just because you want to get a rise out of him. You're not usually this careless-" She noticed the drink still in front of Eiru, her eyes narrowing. "I'm confiscating this." Her grip on the witch eased as she grabbed the glass, stepping back to set it down out of reach. "By the way, Ruvo's looking to do some training." She waved over the bard, feeling apologetic that she'd suddenly ditched him. "I think we could all use some after that mission."

defgobf-822de872-52bd-4631-a768-f2c103cef167.jpg
Tyron Avattica
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
"But I'm far too old for you, it wouldn't work out! ....eh I mean mentally.... yes... mentally I'm far too old for you! hahaha! Yes!"

Interesting, he thought. For all the drivel she spouted, the witch said some curious things. Age was an unspoken topic among the nobility, except in whispers and snide remarks. Tyron ended up knowing far more about people than he ever cared to, thanks to his gift, but anything of substance about the witch was lost in the mire of rumours that followed her. There were those that said she was a hag who changed her appearance to look younger. With how long she was said to have been around, that was almost a given.

If she'd stopped speaking them, he might've dismissed it as merely that.

He listened far more intently as the witch once again began to speak, utterly oblivious to the implications of what she said. "Though... I do know an old lady back home who might!"

The web continued to grow. The only place he knew of where residents might commune with the dead was Solmar--not necessarily out of choice. But he'd been with her on that mission, and her reaction had not been one of someone returning to a place they grew up.

"She once locked me in a catacomb this one time you know." A place where elders communed with the dead and catacombs lay beneath the earth... He didn't know of one apart from Solmar. But that fact was enough. His mother would. Her information network resembled one of the cloak house as opposed to the guard. He could almost hear her crowing over how off-guard his opponent was, and still the witch continued to drink.

"Some souls can be quite good conversationalists once they warm up to you though-" It was at that--riveting--moment, that another pest decided to intervene.

"Ahahah! Tyron! Long time no see!" He tuned her out almost as soon as she began speaking. Another overly-friendly person with too loud a voice. It didn't seem he would be getting anything else out of the conversation with her around.

Shame. He'd been about to hear something of great interest, he suspected.

But he'd barely gone five steps before he encountered another weirdo, blood dripping out of his eyes. He spied the empty vial on the counter, putting two and two together rather easily. "The Wizard is not dead yet. He has only suffered a minor setback. Now it is time for another quest"

"That would be a waste of the potion you just consumed," Tyron said. "If you want to get yourself killed then do it before using up precious resources."

Leonidas Hood, Cylia Hower & Kathlyn Silva
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal

Leonidas entered the hall not too long after those that had spectated his battle with his sister, his not-broken arm slung around Cylia's shoulder as he kept his broken leg off the ground uselessly. The two siblings still had a lot to discuss but Cylia had insisted they'd have him get treated first, not that he disagreed, both his broken arm and leg hurt like hell, his sister had gotten seriously strong in the time he hadn't seen her. The air around the ice princess had calmed down considerably, now swirling calmly as a slightly chilly autumn day's breeze. "Hey everyone, I'm still alive." He laughed, wincing immediately after. Apparently that poke to the ribs with the back of her sword Cylia had given him during their fight had caused more damage than he thought.

"A minor setback?! Another quest?! Now hold on just a moment!" Kathlyn stared down the wizard with a stern gaze. "You are not going anywhere! You're staying here for at least another day so I can monitor you! Why did you suddenly down it like that?! I wasn't even done explaining the risks." The sound of the door and Leo's voice caught her attention, jumping up from her chair the moment she saw the state the man was in, she'd already been afraid this would happen the moment the two went outside to fight. "You, sit, stay!" She instructed the wizard, the same way one might instruct a pet dog.

She approached the pair with hasty steps, fumbling with her bag of holding as she did, pulling out a small vial. "What in the world happened to you? You look like you've just come back from war!" Leonidas smiled, using the finger of the hand he had slung around his sister's shoulder to poke Cylia's cheek, much to her obvious dismay. "She happened. Ow... Careful with that elbow, I'm already injured." Cylia faced Kathlyn's stern gaze with an equally stern gaze of her own. "He deserved that, he also deserved those for that matter..." She pointed at his broken arm and leg. "But I would be grateful if you could patch him up."

Kathlyn nodded, pressing the vial she had pulled out of her bag of holding into Leonidas' hands. "Drink." Leonidas raised an eyebrow, he didn't remember the blonde haired receptionist being this strict, before they'd returned from their expedition she had been all smiles and sunshine, still, he did what she said without protest. He'd faced enough scary women for the day, no, at least the entire week. "Good, please put him on a table for now." She instructed, glancing at the counter to make sure the wizard hadn't ran away while she was busy before turning to Cylia, the woman just turning back to her after she had helped her brother lay down on a nearby table.

"How about you? Any injuries?" Cylia shook her head. "My brother has a long way to go until he'll be able to land a hit on me." The figure on the table shifted, raising his hand in protest. "I can hear you, you know?" The corner of Cylia's lip tugged upward into a slight smile, much to Kathlyn's surprise. "I would hope you can." Kathlyn nodded after that, smiling at the woman in front of her. "Good. Oh but..." She reached into her bag of holding again, pulling out another vial and presenting it to Cylia. "They're eye drops." She whispered. Cylia accepted the vial with a wordless nod, quickly applying the contents of the vial to her eyes before walking over to the small group that had formed, letting the blonde haired girl do her job.

She caught the tail-end of a conversation as she approached. "looking to do some training. I think we could all use some after that mission." Cylia cleared her throat. "If it is combat training you are looking for I might be able to be of some assistance." She dipped down into a slight bow. "I owe you all an apology for taking my anger at my brother out on you."

1670507303257.png
Eiru Eagna

Eiru was absorbed in conversation when a sudden tug of her neck sent her falling back into an even more sudden and uncomfortable stranglehold. Gasping for air and struggling against Ymir's grip Eiru wriggled relentlessly as Tyron moved to leave following Ymir's interjecting words. Tapping at the woman's arm Eiru did her best to free herself but to no avail, tiring herself out quite quickly and deciding it best to just submit. Slumping herself in the hold, Eiru let Ymir support her weight in its entirety as she lay with her tippy toes barely gracing the floor. Tyron was right, Eiru was like a doll! Once Eiru had been released from her captor's grasp she let out a loud groan and rolled her eyes in response to Ymir's words of concern.

Moving to slip from her grasp, Eiru then straightened her battered attire and took hold of her potion from the desk. "I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. What's Tyron going to do? It's not a crime to be assaulted by spirits when on a quest to Solembar! Salembar! Soulmartyr! Honestly! Hmph!". Reaching for her drink again, quickly finishing the rest before handing it back to Ymir with a shurg of the shoulder "Besides, it's not like I ever manipulated souls while a resident of this 'fine' city. So its fineeee. Now what's this about training? I was already planning to go and do something, I've a particular goal in mind!".

Turning to face Ruvo with an amuzed grin the witch eyed him up and down with great interest "Though, training Ruvo would be quite the entertaining and fruitful ordeal. He has great promise, excellent potential and amazing elements to boast of. His song magic being quite high in quality already. I wasn't joking when I said he could knock out the iron clad lady in but a single move you know. Provided said move landed of course. With some training he could prove to be quite the lethal little rookie". With a chuckle Eiru turned around and came face to face with the woman she had just mentioned "Wah! Do you always sneak around like that!".

Taking a step back Eiru let out a sigh rooted at her bag for a moment as Olivia explained her intent to assist in combat training, with her interest piqued Eiru looked up at the woman while drawing a small journal from her bag "You strike me a piercing type of woman, by any chance, are you well versed in the spear? If you are I'd be happy to take you up on the offer. If not, well I'll call upon my favour another time. Ruvo, If you're willing to take me on as a master I'll be happy to train you. But doing so comes at a cost you know. We can talk more in private once this ordeal is settled.". Offering the birdman a soft smile.

Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing Key of Stars Key of Stars

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal

"It's ok if you're not a fighter, you know. I think a lot of adventurers underestimate how effective different methods can be." Its was true that diplomacy, stealth, trickery, and supportive abilities could also be just as effective if not more so for certain situations. But that wasn't quite the point, he didn't need to be a fighter per se. He just wanted to be able defend himself competently when an enemy couldn't be stopped by the strumming of his instrument. "Asking Eiru for training, huh." Speaking of the witch, the pair soon overheard the conversation they were having with Tyron where the topic of souls had somehow come up prompting Ymir to jump in and interrupt just as the doors for the hall opened up.

"Hey everyone, I'm still alive." "That is good to hear" he said as brother and sister entered. Leo looked battered and a bit bloodied but it seemed his sense of humor was the same as ever and with Kathlyn assessing the extent of his injuries he was sure the poet would recover just fine. Now noticing that he was being waved over, Ruvo began to approach only catching the end bit of the conversation. Something about being a formidable rookie with some training which was probably in reference to himself since he was asking about training, but it could just as easily apply to other newcomers to the guild. Similarly approaching the table was Cylia who somehow inadvertently startled the witch. One would think being in armor made it hard to not be noticed, but perhaps it was a mixture of the alcohol, stress, exhaustion that made Eiru less observant. "If it is combat training you are looking for I might be able to be of some assistance. I owe you all an apology for taking my anger at my brother out on you." To his surprise Cylia gave them a slight bow as part of the apology. He never had anyone bow to him, much less someone as high rank and of importance as the armor clad woman if anything it almost felt it should of been the other way around. For a moment he wasn't sure how to respond. "It's okay" he said to break the silence. "I don't know your full story, but from what I've gathered you were alone and without family for a good long while. Had to make your own way in life and it was not easy. I can only imagine the anger and resentment you felt" he paused for a moment to let anyone else speak if they would. "Its fine if you were and still are angry, but if you are willing to help someone who knows very little about proper combat then I would gladly accept some basic training from you" he said not wanting to pass up the opportunity. He wasn't sure he someone of his skill level would be accepted for training over others but it didn't hurt to try.

"...Ruvo, If you're willing to take me on as a master I'll be happy to train you. But doing so comes at a cost you know. We can talk more in private once this ordeal is settled." she said with a smile. "A cost?" he questioned curious as to what that would entail. They had risked life and limb to help recover a powerful relic for the witch without needing much of any incentive to do so. Whatever this cost was he just hoped it was something minor like a request for song to play or one of Eiru's jokes and not something substantial. He recalled once hearing a tale from a merchant who warned of accepting deals from fae, swearing that their words often had double meaning to take things away from you. He was pretty sure the merchant was drunk and making up nonsense when telling this story but nevertheless the mention of a 'cost' reminded him of it. Whatever it meant he would have to ask about it later on when everyone had time to rest and recover.

Last edited:
Gion Stickman

"Good luck for your next mission, buddy. Oh, and congratulation for the rank up!" Gion waved at wizard as he exited the store. Gion was still browsing through a few more clothes for himself. The pure white mask was a nice addition, with this he could hide the fact that he's a walking skeleton. So he also purchased a nice black leather coat with a hood that can be pulled up. Not only this covers almost his entire body, but it also made him looks cool... At least he thought it was cool. He waved the shopkeeper goodbye and went back to his home.

"Good day, my lovely house. hope you didn't feel lonely when I was out." Gion gently rubbed the wooden box and opened it. There's not much things inside but after the mission he got a few souvenirs to be put there.

First, he got these skewered turkeys on his bone sword-whip. If he remove al the flesh he should be able to create a nice skeletal turkey figure and maybe use some of it for his arsenal inside the sack. He probably can use the meat to befriend Mr. Kato's dog, the farmer was willing to rent the box on the very corner of his land to him, but that didn't the rest of his family was willing to interact with him. So far the dog would bark and growl whenever he got closer to the main farm so hopefully this would help him to get better relationship with the dog.

Second, he got a few turkey eggs. He planned to use these eggs to practice cooking and maybe makes some nice treats that can be enjoyed by everyone. He still didn't know what food he should try to make or even have the tools to cook, but he would worry about those things later. For now he would just lines up the eggs inside the boxand maybe he should get some rest too. He's a regular civilians who just got home from his honest work, he was tired and he needs some sleep. That's the narration he tried to convince himself with. The skeleton lied his body inside the box, close the lid of the box so he had a nice comfortable privacy and closed his eyes tried to sleep...

He didn't know how much time had passed, but he felts something kept hitting his skull. The moment he choose to regain his sight he was welcomed by a small beak pecked right into his eye socket. If he was human he would be bleeding now, and screaming. Perched on his skull was a small, palm-sized yellow bird with red beak. The bird watched curiously as Gion scoops it up and put it next to him as he switched position from laying down to sitting inside the box. Gion was surprised of course but more than anything he was amazed by it. It's a baby bird, a new life! How pure! How cute! He thought to himself as he watched the small turkey opened its beak... and sent a small stream of flame right into Gion's face. The skeleton wasn't concerned about the fire, he was too excited to feel the heat. Gently he gave the chick a rub on the head and the fire stopped. The chick leaned its head towards Gion in an attempt to guide his fingers on where to rub.

"There you go, little buddy. I'm sorry I didn't watch you hatch. You must be hungry right? Wait here, I will look for some worms for your meal." Just like that, Gion joyfully hopped out of the box and started digging through the soil nearby with his barebone hands. The turkey chick made itself comfortable inside one of Gion's pocket while let out some chirps as if it was cheering the skeleton on his task.

"...Solembar! Salembar! Soulmartyr! Honestly! Hmph-!" Ymir withheld a sigh, taking the cup handed to her without a word. There was no point saying anything. She was nine tenths sure Eiru would remember a thing. "Besides, it's not like I ever manipulated souls while a resident of this 'fine' city. So its fineeee." The issue would be those who did remember it--and weren't about to forget anytime soon. Ymir spoke a silent word of thanks when Eiru finally switched tracks to training.

"A minor setback?! Another quest?! Now hold on just a moment!" Ymir glanced towards the counter, grinning to herself at seeing the mage boy get chewed out by the receptionist. Ah, to be so young and hopeful again. Ymir intended to sleep until her bones no longer felt like the creaky floorboards of a ship--the notion of going on another quest despite that was abhorrent. "You, sit, stay!"

She cackled. It was great to have a medic in the hall again. She forgot how funny it was seeing them all worked up.

"She happened. Ow... Careful with that elbow, I'm already injured." It seemed Cylia and Leo had recovered their differences--who knew breaking a few bones would be so effective? She watched, wary, as the ice queen finished speaking with her brother and approached them instead. At least this time she didn't bring winter along with her.

"I don't know your full story, but from what I've gathered you were alone and without family for a good long while." She was content to step back and let Ruvo do the talking. He had far kinder things to say than Ymir. If Ice Queen wanted Ymir out of her business, out of her business Ymir would remain.

"...by any chance, are you well versed in the spear?" ...unless Ice Queen did know how to use a spear, which was close enough to a glaive to pique Ymir's interest. Ruvo had a point when he spoke of feeling powerless to do anything. Sometimes, there really wasn't any choice but to fight with everything you had. "We can talk more in private once this ordeal is settled."

"Yes-!" Ymir said, sensing a chance to make her week-long dream of crashing into an actual bed a reality. "Ahem, I mean--let's absolutely talk about this after we've all had some sleep. Talking about training hardly seems productive when we're drunk, injured, barely standing or exhausted, you know." She pointed to Eiru, Leo, herself and Ruvo in succession, noting someone else who was barely standing over by the counter. "Hey, Mage!" She called out to the boy in the pointy hat. He was a strange one, but he seemed genuine enough. "If you want to wait a couple days we'll be doing some training with gold ranks!"

Exactly where that would be could wait. There would be no point training magic when they were all borderline--if not actually--mana deprived. And half of them had elixirs they would need to recover from before pushing themselves any further. "I say let's reconvene this after a dawn or three, when we're all in better states." It seemed Cylia had stuff she'd need to discuss with her brother anyway. At the very least, her breaking his leg meant Leo wouldn't be leaving any time soon-

Ymir smothered a grin, turning on heel with a wave to the rest of them.

05a80f51472175f1015a49c275ff6929.jpg

GUILD HALL
Three Days Later
The rain started the afternoon of the expedition's return. A roiling storm similar to that which had followed the group from the Isles. Whether it was the aftermath of the battle or simply the temperamental nature of summer, there was no saying. The banks of the river soon swelled to cover the bridge, flooding the lower farmlands. Distressed whispers among the streets spoke of a shortage due to ruined crops. Of houses that had been washed away and boats torn from the docks in the port.

The third day showed no signs of easing. The morning may well have been dusk, for all the light that filtered through the trees and grumbling storm clouds.

It was a dreary day. Torches were lit inside the hall to provide some warmer light, the tables emptier than usual due to so many being out to help with disaster relief. Salvaging what they could of crops; rescuing those stranded by floodwater; clearing up debris from the howling winds.

Ymir's mood seemed as foul as the weather, slumped over one of the tables with her own personal storm cloud. It seemed she couldn't escape the water, no matter how far she went. Not for the first time in those three days she considered taking on an assignment to the East, where the deserts would still be dry and clear. She had all but recovered from the potion Azalea gave her, but the rain had her waking up every hour fearing she was still aboard that blasted ship, if the dark lines under her eyes weren't proof enough.

Azalea, meanwhile, couldn't look more pleased. Apart from the occasional leak in the roof her days had been a gratifying mix of howling skies and rumbling thunder. Just listening to the sheets of water pour off the roof had her in a quiet state of contentment.

It was about time for most adventurers to start waking up, if they hadn't already. Rain or no rain, the plan had been to discuss things further after once they were all appropriately recovered.

The Wizard
Mentions: Sylph Sylph

The Wizard awoke after three days of agony, delirium and bouts of unconsciousness. Raising from the bed that had kept him warm once the weather took a turn. He saw a pitcher of water on the side-table along with some medicine. Feeling an incredible dryness in his throat. The Wizard downed the entire thing before wiping his arm across his lips. Knowing that Kathlyn would get angry if she found more medicine than she expected. He went to go refill the pitcher so he could take his medicine with some tea. Passing a mirror, an unfamiliar sight greeted The Wizard. Scrambling over to the reflective glass. The incredibly confused magus barely recognized the person staring back. "This can't be... me?" uttered The Wizard under his breath. It was as if someone had only vaguely heard about The Wizard and made a portrait off of what they could glean secondhand.

First of all he had gotten a bit taller, going from 175cm to 185cm. Then his body had filled out a bit more, with hints of muscle. Finally his face had completely lost the softness it had before. While not anything as grand as a complete transformation. It was still incredibly shocking to The Wizard. The only thing that could have caused something like this would have been the Iron Rank Potion. However Kathlyn and Azalea would have informed him if such a thing were possible. Checking to see if his magic had been negatively affected. He was shocked to see an array of glowing cerulean patterns appear on his arms, legs, torso and even under his eyes. The patterns disappeared once The Wizard ceased channeling his mana. Those must have been his Magic Circuits, which carried mana throughout his body for the purpose of magic. Yet having such clear and visible circuits, as well as the sheer number of them.

Quickly taking his medicine and putting on his clothes. The Wizard wandered down to the Guild Hall, hiding his face with his hat. He'd gotten a little bigger so he'd had to make a few adjustments to his outfit. Today was the day he'd train with the Gold Ranks. Gold Rank Ymir would be leading this quest. Noticing Ymir making some kind of face that he couldn't quite describe. Sitting down across from her and clearing his throat. The Wizard made his presence known to the higher ranked guild member. "The Wizard's health crisis is over... when can we gather the others and leave?" asked the mage, wanting to go anywhere else.

Cylia HowerCylia.png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Cylia quietly took a sip of her tea, she'd been kindly provided with a room to stay in at the guild hall over the past three days. It wasn't much, but she wasn't someone that required luxury of any sort. She'd discussed a lot with her brother in those three days, both personal and more formal matters. She'd given him the one thing he had inherited from their father, a Hower family ring that had belonged to their father, only the small G.H. carved on the inside distinguished it from the one he had lost and the one she currently wore at the end of a silver necklace. Leo had shoved the ring in an interesting magic storage bag he'd gotten from the guild, not sure how to feel about his father's final gift. It had taken her a dozen times of telling him in no uncertain terms that he would absolutely not be taking over the academy before he had finally accepted her decision to continue as headmistress. She was sure he meant well, but he wasn't anywhere near proficient enough with the sword to take over for her, not to mention the various other weapons the academy had started providing classes in under her command. Besides, she enjoyed her position, if only it wasn't for the internal politics of the Hower family making life difficult at times. Her brother had sworn he'd come to her aid whenever she called and they'd promised to deal with their uncle together once he had gotten strong enough. Speaking of strength, her brother's humiliating defeat at her hands had affected him more than he'd outwardly shown. She knew he had been training in secret every day, much to the blonde receptionist's chagrin. Still, even if her brother was taking his training serious now, he was still a late riser, preferring to stay in bed as long as possible.

Which brought her here, sitting at one of the tables in the guild hall, sipping on her tea as both guild receptionists shuffled around behind the counter. She'd left her armor behind, dressed in a simple white blouse and light brown pants with her hair tied back in the usual ponytail. The small ring at the end of her necklace being the only accessory she wore aside from the sword and whip at her left hip. It was early enough that most adventurers were still asleep, though one of the people she had promised to train was already in the hall as well, slumped over a table a small distance from hers. Cylia placed her hand around her cup of tea, using a little bit of her magic to cool the liquid down before finishing the cup with a large gulp. She gave a quick nod to the blonde receptionist as thanks before rising and walking over to Ymir.

"You seem to be in a rather foul mood," A slight smile played around her lips as she sat down next to the white-haired woman. "Perhaps you'd appreciate some warmth on this dreary day." Cylia didn't move but the air around her quickly changed from a chilly autumn day to the pleasant sort of warmth one would seek out a fireplace for. "Or perhaps my brother has something to do with it, he has been avoiding you for these past three days after all." She folded her hands over eachother. "He told me he already said goodbye, I presume he feels awkward about facing you now that he's staying. He talks about you quite a lot, I doubt he's avoiding you because he actually doesn't want to see you." She tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "Well, that isn't my business, I will stay out of it."

"Have you decided on a weapon yet?"
She asked after a moment of silence. "I already promised your friend I would teach her the basics of the spear," Odd as that request was, the red-eyed woman wasn't exactly tiny but she wasn't exactly tall either, not the type to usually wield a spear. Still, Cylia could tell the woman would probably manage it one way or another, and, more importantly, would definitely not take no for an answer. "But I have yet to hear a choice in weapon from you or the feathered bard. I could make a suggestion, but if you had anything in mind already please do let me know."

She stopped talking when a young man took a seat opposite of the both of them, though his attention seemed focused solely on Ymir. "I wasn't told I'd be training another person." Ever since she'd arrived at the guild she'd been somewhat forced to follow someone else's schedule loosely, a rather stark constract to life at the academy where everything was punctual and according to her decisions. "Well, no matter. Though forgive me for being so blunt, you do not strike me as the type to use weapons."

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal

In the days following the return of the expedition team, Ruvo had spent much of his time resting. He hadn't realized just how tired he was until he slept in a proper bed once again though the bad weather did help make it desirable to stay put in bed where it was warm and comfortable. But as nice as it was to lay about, it was time to reconvene with the others and properly discuss their plan for training. As he got up and prepared himself for the wet and dreary day the bard took a glance at his damaged instrument that was sitting atop a table. Having been promoted to Iron 1 meant he was able to request a replacement instrument as his tier reward with the added condition that it would be waterproofed if possible. He considered asking about the instrument being enchanted with a magical affinity but decided against it. He didn't have any affinities in mind and perhaps whatever training he would undergo would change his mind about what to request anyways. Instead he would leave it to fate and whatever Azalea or Merkon could find, but for the time being it didn't matter. His training would not be with his musical affinity but with other aspects he was far weaker and less experienced in so he could afford to wait while the replacement was sourced.

Speaking of training he still needed to talk to Eiru about whatever the 'cost' of her tutelage was. Clearly it was something that the witch didn't want others to hear but as to what that may have entailed Ruvo hadn't the first clue. What he did know was that he needed more information to make the decision. Stepping out of his room dressed in a drab but warm poncho as opposed to his fancier looking overcoat he could hear discussion in the guild hall, likely between some of the early risers going out to help with the storm or those gathering for the training. The past few days had brought with it constant heavy rain which wouldn't have ordinarily made the bard paranoid if they hadn't experienced similar rain that didn't let up on their return trip. Now he was no druid or an expert of the occult and curses but if this was just a coincidence and not one last curse from the spear then he just hoped the rain stopped sooner than later for everyone's sake. Finally refocusing he made his way to Eiru's quarters where the bard knocked on the door both nervous and curious as to what the gold ranked member wanted to say.

1671598380239.png1671600562579.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold II

Ruvo didn't have to wait long for Eiru to answer the door, in fact, no sooner had he knocked did she swing the door open to greet him. Dressed in casual clothing, which in itself was an extremely rare sight, Ruvo now also got at a glance at the gold rank's elusive quarters, a sight only Ymir and Azalea had seen before. Smiling softly Eiru welcomed the man into her room with a wave, shutting the door quickly behind him after making sure no one had seen him enter. The last thing she wanted was any weird rumours going around after all. But with Ruvo inside her room and the coast clear, Eiru brushed past the avian man with a soft chuckle, moving to her fireplace to stoke the small fire she had been cultivating overnight. "So you've decided to come to see me then? Please excuse the mess, I don't typically have visitors, oh and don't touch anything that sparkles or glows, please.". Returning her poker to the fireside Eiru stretched her arms and let out a loud groan and sigh in response "My body is falling apart! I'm still aching all over but at least the blood loss is over with, I was spitting up the past few days as if it were nothing! It's times like that I really do question why I never opted for a bed you know. Meditation just doesn't compare when one's unwell. You get me?".

Motioning for Ruvo to take the armchair to sit in, Eiru moved to the bookcase beside him and began rooting "So you're here about training right? And the cost of said training I presume? Don't worry I'm not going to ask you for an eye or digit, a living sacrifice or some old-school nonsense like that. I just need your life!". Laughing softly to herself Eiru took down the book she had been rooting for and began flipping through it with her back to the man. "By life I mean you need to make a blood pact with me and become my apprentice. It's protocol among my kind, I cannot teach you otherwise. The blood contract cements our relationship as master and apprentices sure but in it too is weaved a magic contract that will forbid you from ever betraying my trust. That is anything I teach you stays between us unless, of course, you enter the same contract with your own student someday. It's really nothing to be worried about."

Turning to face the man Eiru moved to the desk he sat in front of and reached for a piece of chalk. Bringing the chalk down on the slate circle upon the desk Eiru began drawing out a circle as described in the book she held. Her face was devoid of emotion as she did so, intently focused on the fine details of her work and seemingly uncaring her face was mere centimetres from Ruvo's own as she leaned in beside him to do so. "The terms of the contract state you'll choke on your own tongue should you disclose my secrets or arts to anyone save for my own masters and as I said a student should you take one. Realistically though you'll die regardless of the choking. You'll either choke to death like I said or your own mana will tear you to pieces from the inside. It's a brutal death, I've seen it happen to a few students of the academy back home. Bloodcurdling to be quite frank. Anyway, it's no big deal, just don't tell anyone about what or how I teach you and you're good as gold.".

Finishing the circle Eiru lay the chalk back down where she had found it and moved a thumb to her mouth, biting it she drew blood and began to copy half of the chalk outline she had transcribed, her blue and mana-rich blood taking to the chalk perfectly as if drawn to it. Sucking on her thumb once she had finished Eiru motioned for Ruvo to do the same "So are you going to accept my offer, will you become the first apprentice of Eiru Eagna, daughter of the Great Sage Eiri, Scribe, Scholar and Adventurer? Wow, I have a lot of titles look at me go! Anyway if you are ready, trace the remaining chalk with your blood and repeat this - 'I Ruvo Steelfeather, do solemnly swear my unwavering Loyalty to Eiru Eagna, daughter of the Great Sage Eiri, Scribe, Scholar, Princess and Adventurer. From this day forward I shall regard her as my master and myself as her apprentice. I accept the rules and conditions that this entails and offer forth my life as compensation should I fail to adhere. Bippity boppity boo!' - Do that and we can go meet up with the others and get started, or you know you could wimp out. Totally up to you"

RatKing RatKing

Ymir
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Key of Stars Key of Stars
Ymir watched the torch against an opposing wall, the side of her face flat against the table as she contemplated having another day to recover. Exhaustion clung to her shoulders like a creature from the deep. Three days of feverish sleep wasn't her ideal way to recuperate. But if she spent yet another day trapped inside her room she'd lose it for real.

She glanced across the table as she heard someone pull up a chair, her the side of her face still pressed against the wood. It wasn't the person she expected to see. Though she supposed she had invited them.

"The Wizard's health crisis is over... when can we gather the others and leave?"

"Whenever you feel like risking a limb over seeing if the others are morning people."
She dragged her face off the table, half of it no doubt red from having dozed on it half the morning. Setting her chin atop her palm she examined the mage--well, wizard--with faint interest. He was less scrawny than she had thought. Though she'd never really sat across from him before. "...I could've sworn you were shorter than me when you joined the guild," she remarked rather suddenly.

"Perhaps you'd appreciate some warmth on this dreary day." Leo's sister soon joined them, though Ymir still struggled to interact with the woman. Even without her being decked in full armour. Making sure Leo had been ok was about the extent she'd been willing to interact with the sharp-tongued sister. And with the brother avoiding her for the past three days Ymir didn't see any reason she should put herself up for getting hurt again.

"...he has been avoiding you for these past three days after all." Unfortunately, she'd adopted at least somewhat of her mother's intuition for prodding at sore spots. "He talks about you quite a lot, I doubt he's avoiding you because he actually doesn't want to see you."

"We had an awkward conversation," she said simply. "He told me to forget all about it, so-" She pushed her chair out, folding her arms as she leaned back to stare at the ceiling. "That's exactly what I'll do. Seems like he's set on doing the same."

"Have you decided on a weapon yet?"

I suppose. There was only one thing she was interested in, after all. But she had her doubts on whether a swordsmaster was the best person to teach it. Fundamentals would be better than nothing though. If Leo's sister was capable enough to teach spear, Ymir's weapon of choice wasn't far off it.

"Glaive," she said. A grin twitched at the corner of her lips. "Though unlike my friend, I'm not overcompensating for a height deficiency." Eiru could grow as tall as she wanted, but she'd forever be a gnome in all their hearts. She listened as Cylia spoke to Wizard, sparing a glance for the hall where she was expecting her troublesome Fae companion to emerge from.

"...you do not strike me as the type to use weapons."

She waited for the wizard to respond before speaking. "We'll most likely train with magic too. This one always seems to arrive back at the guild more dead than alive, so I figured he should tag along."

"As for the training itself..."
She lapsed into silence once more, the harrowed, tired look returning as she recalled the conundrum she'd been going over all morning. "Well we have a couple options. Normally we use the training grounds, but with the weather being as it is, Azalea might let us use the old barn." She wished they could go to the desert. She missed the dry, scorching sun. "It might not be up to the standard of the usual, Hower facilities," she said, offering Cylia a dry grin. "But we'll have to wait until the others arrive to see what they think. They might have a different idea."

Ruvo Steelfeather

Only a moment after he knocked did the door swing open with Eiru there to greet him. If he hadn't known better it was almost like she was waiting by the door for his arrival the whole time. The gold rank herself was dressed more casually than he had ever seen which was a surprise as was their room being far roomier and full of trinkets than he had expected, in fact it even had its own fireplace. "So you've decided to come to see me then? Please excuse the mess, I don't typically have visitors, oh and don't touch anything that sparkles or glows, please." "Yes. I have" he replied affirming the witch's assumption. "I don't mind the mess, I'm not much better when it comes to organization"

"My body is falling apart! I'm still aching all over but at least the blood loss is over with, I was spitting up the past few days as if it were nothing! It's times like that I really do question why I never opted for a bed you know. Meditation just doesn't compare when one's unwell. You get me?". "Sorry to hear your recovery has been so rough..." he said empathetically. He could only imagine how difficult things have been for Eiru ever since they bore the burden of the spear and were left changed and deprived of mana. "Can't say I know much about meditation, but yes a bed does do wonders when it comes to resting I agree" he said speaking from experience as he took a seat in front of the desk.

"So you're here about training right? And the cost of said training I presume?" Ruvo shook his head in agreement. That was exactly why he was here. "Don't worry I'm not going to ask you for an eye or digit, a living sacrifice or some old-school nonsense like that-" That was a relief. Seems that drunk merchant was telling tall tales after all. "I just need your life!" "W-What?" he interjected dumbfounded by what he just heard.

"By life I mean you need to make a blood pact with me and become my apprentice. It's protocol among my kind, I cannot teach you otherwise. The blood contract cements our relationship as master and apprentice sure but in it too is weaved a magic contract that will forbid you from ever betraying my trust---" Ruvo's mind was racing as he listened to what Eiru had to say. He was just looking for tips or advice from the witch on how to develop his magic, nothing too in depth. But here she was talking about an apprenticeship and a magical contract of confidentiality. He wasn't sure if he agreed with the witch that there was nothing to worry about especially as they continued their explanation whilst preparing the chalk drawn runic circle.

"The terms of the contract state you'll choke on your own tongue should you disclose my secrets or arts to anyone save for my own masters and as I said a student should you take one. Realistically though you'll die regardless of the choking. You'll either choke to death like I said or your own mana will tear you to pieces from the inside. It's a brutal death, I've seen it happen to a few students of the academy back home. Bloodcurdling to be quite frank. Anyway, it's no big deal, just don't tell anyone about what or how I teach you and you're good as gold." If a bird could go pale from fear then Ruvo would of surely done so. This magical contract didn't simply prevent him from disclosing what he learned and how with something like his song of silence, it would instead kill him if he did. A simple slip of the tongue or unintentional explanation without thinking could lead to his demise. He looked to Eiru's face who was leaning over him finishing the chalk circle, if this was one of their jokes then it was their magnum opus as their face gave no indication that this was anything but serious.

Upon the circle's completion Eiru swiftly pricked one of their own fingers and traced half of the circle in their own blood before going on to explain what he had to do to accept the contract with the added jest at the end saying he could wimp out if he wanted. "Eiru..." he finally spoke up again. "This. This is a lot to take in...A much bigger decision than I imagined" he paused. The bard's feathers ruffled up and his head crest flattened out from the stress of the information he had been given. "Please just a question or two" he requested. "I understand not explaining the methods of how one teaches, but I also cannot tell others what I learned?" he asked. "For example, if I learn a technique with my air affinity from you. I can never tell anyone besides your master and a student of my own that it was you that taught me it?" he looked to the witch for confirmation, wanting to be absolutely certain he understood. Ruvo was a story teller at heart, if there was a story he was now forbidden to tell then he needed to know for sure and never forget it if he were to accept this contract. Maybe it was true, maybe the fae really do take things away from people in exchange for things. In this case an apprenticeship for the ability to speak of it's lessons, to tell the story of how he bettered his magical abilities. Pushing past the paranoia he would ask one additional question. "And one last thing. Why me?" he asked "Surely in your time here at the guild and elsewhere someone else has asked you about training and tips or advice when it comes to magic. There are even people here like Wizard who are always pushing themselves so hard when it comes to magic. Why me for an apprenticeship with a contract this serious?"

1671677430905.png1671677452124.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold II

Taking a step back from where Ruvo was sitting Eiru returned the book she was holding to her bookshelf and listened intently to what the man had to say. It was only natural to have questions, indeed many of the questions likely going around inside his head right now were questions Eiru once had as well. Granted her choice to enter into the contract was more heavy-handed in nature and opting out wasn't an option presented to her at the time. Nestling the book neatly back in its place Eiru proceeded to move her hands to hips and hum to herself in contemplation. Staying with her focus on the shelf and her back to Ruvo the Fae moved to answer with a serious yet monotonous tone "Well, in terms of how much you can disclose I suppose sharing the fact I'm your mentor is perfectly fine as is saying you underwent training and all those kinds of things. Really the only thing you need to watch out for are specific details. For example, I can tell you I was tossed in a tomb for multiple days in order to train my spirit affinity but as for how exactly I was trained in such a situation or the specific aims of such an ordeal. Well, I can't disclose that. I also cannot train you in the same way, first, because you don't have a spirit affinity, but also because it's a technique I learned from my master. Do you get it? I could train you in an original way sure, which I intend to do but Fae law is fae law and I'm already skirting the borders by taking on a non-fae as an apprentice. Look I get it sounds scary and damning but look at me, I haven't died from it just yet? And well, I'm me. So what have you to worry about really? Just look out for specifics and disclosures of malicious intent, you'll be fine. Besides It has a safety feature, If you do break it by mistake I can override the death aspect as your master. It will be a painful reminder though in the meantime, oh and manipulating details for a song or whatever should be fine. Just dress it up a lot and its practically like a lie anyway."

Pausing for a second to think on the next subject Eiru returned to her fireplace and again poked at the cinders, aiming to ensure the fire was indeed dying "As for why I chose you. That's a pretty good question. It's true, I've been asked by many to become their master. Back home It's a never-ending mail cycle to be quite honest. And here in the outside realms, well my magic studies have garnered quite a bit of attention. I've had mages ask to study under me many times but of course, I could never take them up on the offer, disclosing my secret would be catastrophic and I'd quite frankly be disowned by my people were I to take on a human. But all that political stuff is a bore you know."

Turning to gaze down at the bird Eiru offered Ruvo a smile and leaned upon her balcony as she watched the man's eyes, reading them for subtle cues was far easier than his body language after all. "You're not a human. You have no interest in coveting my magics. You have the innate ability to reach the pinnacle should you really want. You know my secret. You're kind-hearted. You have no interest in politics and above all else, you've proven yourself a good and worthy friend. So In my eyes, you're the only person I've ever met worthy of the title. But if you don't want it I'm not going to force it on you. As for the Wizard. He has potential it's true. But he's human, power-hungry and, as Ironic as this sounds, he's a bit crazy. I don't mind teaching him some basics. But you Ruvo, I will give you the knowledge and tools necessary to surpass the mages of this mortal realm. I will share with you the magic of the fae. After all, it should go well with that dormant Siren Magic you inherited."

Grining to herself Eiru raised a hand out afront herself and grabbed at the chalk again, tossing it in her hand before crushing it to dust "But this is a single offer type deal. Take it now or leave it forever. If you have more questions you can ask me as many as you so wish. This is going to be hell you know. I'm going to break you many a time and you'll want to quit more times than you'll care to remember but it's part of the process and I've been there before. I have high expectations and hopes for you Ruvo. I mean it kid, you've got talent the likes of which is exceedingly rare."

RatKing RatKing

The Wizard
Mentions Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars

The Wizard decided it would be best not to try and rouse people early in the morning on a rainy day. Which meant he'd likely be sitting down for a while. As for his reaction to the statement of that crying woman from three days ago. Her assumption as to his lack of martial knowledge was quite accurate. Unlike now where his body had undergone a change. Growing up, he was scrawny and malnourished. There was no room to grow when all he barely ate enough to survive. So while it did wonders for giving an utter dunce such as himself a way to develop his mind to brute force the basics of magic. The downside was it meant his physical parameters were slightly below mediocre. It was why he'd been getting injured so easily on his past few jobs. Placing a hand over his heart. The Wizard wondered if this current state of his would have been what he'd looked like if his background had been kinder. Yet there was no use in pondering over the topic anymore. He was unwanted, untrained and unhinged. Rejection had molded him into who he was. The Guild may have been a kinder place to him. Though that would never change his desire for power.

"Apart from a few moves requiring supplementary magic. The Wizard is not as martially skilled as he could be" answered the mage, addressing the blue haired crybaby woman. Her power was much like that purple haired Captain Vel. If his mana was a pool, hers was lake in comparison. The largest mana signatures he'd felt would be from Eiru, that eye-patch wearing General Angora and especially Guildmaster Pri. Prowess on the same level as theirs would be his goal from that point forth. Hearing Ymir ponder on how they would go about their training expedition. Although he'd been more unconscious than conscious these past few days. The Wizard had been able to pick up on a few things. Namely that Cylia Hower was the Headmistress of Hower Academy. This was a familiar name for The Wizard. He had attempted to enter said academy but had lost out to far more talented applicants. So it was entirely likely that Cylia was a talented instructor. Given the current weather situation. The training yard was out of the question. While thinking on what his next move would be. The Wizard began creating little ice sculptures of Milby to get some practice in whilst his brain attempted to create a plan.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Ruvo listened closely as his questions were answered. Seemingly he could at least talk generally about the apprenticeship. Things like telling others that Eiru was his mentor and that he learned something from her was fine, but specific details like what occurs during a training session and why he was doing things would be off limits. The part about skirting fae law did catch his attention for a moment. He hadn't known that taking him on as an apprentice would be pushing the limits of what is technically allowed in fae tradition and law. He could only hope that the witch would not find themselves in a spot of trouble for trying to bend the rules and work off of technicalities.

"Look I get it sounds scary and damning but look at me, I haven't died from it just yet? And well, I'm me. So what have you to worry about really? Just look out for specifics and disclosures of malicious intent, you'll be fine. Besides It has a safety feature, If you do break it by mistake I can override the death aspect as your master. It will be a painful reminder though in the meantime, oh and manipulating details for a song or whatever should be fine. Just dress it up a lot and its practically like a lie anyway." Ruvo's anxiety and fear began to ease up a bit as Eiru assured him that he would be okay. While it was true that she was perhaps more willing to say what she wanted and deal with the consequences later and he perhaps the opposite that did not change the fact Eiru was certainly far more knowledgeable of the rules and customs of the contract than he could ever be. The mention of a failsafe albeit a painful one was a relief as was being told he could spin the story of his training for others so long as he twisted and changed details. While honesty was good most of the time, he couldn't deny that some of the best stories bent the truth and exaggerated to make it all the more thrilling.

After a moment of ensuring the fire was dying out he got the answer to his second question. It seemed he was correct in thinking that he was far from the first to have asked the witch for tutelage. However, they were all turned down for the simple fact that they were human or just not up to snuff, at least that was the implication he got. Why being human barred people from being accepted he wasn't exactly sure, but it seemed to involve something about Eiru being disowned by their people, politics, and likely more fae law that she didn't seem eager to get into.

"You're not a human. You have no interest in coveting my magics. You have the innate ability to reach the pinnacle should you really want. You know my secret. You're kind-hearted. You have no interest in politics and above all else, you've proven yourself a good and worthy friend. So In my eyes, you're the only person I've ever met worthy of the title." Ruvo was taken aback for a moment as Eiru continued on to make a comment about the Wizard. He felt deeply honored to receive such compliments and for being deemed worthy of the title of apprentice by the gold ranked member while no others have been. "...But you Ruvo, I will give you the knowledge and tools necessary to surpass the mages of this mortal realm. I will share with you the magic of the fae. After all, it should go well with that dormant Siren Magic you inherited." "I--" he paused choking on his emotions not sure what to say for a moment. "Thank you" he finally manage to let out. "I don't know if I need to surpass powerful magi, and-" he paused again looking over his hands. "I don't have the insight you do for seeing dormant magic in myself let alone others, but I'll take your word for it" he said not certain what this siren magic was Eiru called attention to, but he could only guess it was some remnant of their encounter with Odyssey.

"But this is a single offer type deal. Take it now or leave it forever. If you have more questions you can ask me as many as you so wish. This is going to be hell you know. I'm going to break you many a time and you'll want to quit more times than you'll care to remember but it's part of the process and I've been there before. I have high expectations and hopes for you Ruvo. I mean it kid, you've got talent the likes of which is exceedingly rare." Ruvo nodded his head in understanding. "I'm no stranger to hard work. Nor am I to getting hurt while learning. I grew up learning carpentry you know, hit my fingers with a hammer and nicked myself with a wood carving knife more than a few times as a kid. From the sound of it whatever lessons I might learn from you will be much rougher than that, but at least I'm not unfamiliar I suppose" he said before contemplating. He wasn't certain he was brimming with potential to surpass mortal mages like Eiru suggested or if that was just encouraging words. What he did know was that this was a literal once in a life time opportunity, one that would make his parents proud to learn that their son was offered based on his own merit. Thinking back to the short amount of time at the bardic college he was able to pay for he had definitely learned a lot, but right now he had a chance to learn from someone he deemed to be one of the most knowledgeable people when it came to magic as a whole and not just one focus of it. It came with its risks and the work would not be easy, but he would probably regret never trying if he declined. One does not grow doing the same thing day in and day out, never experimenting or pushing their limits. It was time to improvise and try something new as his friend had told him before.

Taking a knife from his bag of holding, Ruvo carefully pricked one of the fingers on his calloused claw like hands and began to trace the other half of the chalk circle pattern. "I Ruvo Steelfeather, do solemnly swear my unwavering loyalty to Eiru Eagna, daughter of the Great Sage Eiri, Scribe, Scholar, Princess and Adventurer. From this day forward I shall regard her as my master and myself as her apprentice. I accept the rules and conditions that this entails and offer forth my life as compensation should I fail to adhere. Bippity boppity boo!" He wasn't actually sure that last part was actually part of the phrase to officiate the contract or if that was something Eiru tacked on as a joke, but he wasn't going to mess up the whole thing by omitting it.

Last edited:
1672177262999.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold II

Ruvo's blood conformed to the chalk outline much like Eiru's. Following the small chant both halves of the chalk circle went up in a pale green flame and in a matter of seconds, the slate was left blank once again. One may have thought such a thing meant the spell had been broken but a short and fleeting pain would draw one's attention to a new mark that served as proof of contract. Both Eiru and Ruvo would bear the same upon their shoulders, a replica of the circle they had just formed together.
1672176631094.png

Moving to grab a wooden practice spear from the corner of her room Eiru snapped her fingers and in the blink of an eye, her attire had changed to something more common. Shaking out her hair and checking the fire one final time the fae quickly made her way to the door and swung it open. Turning back to glance at Ruvo once she had made her way outside, holding the door for him with a smile "Congratulations. Looks like we're ready to get started. Come on, the others are probably waiting on us. It's going to be a busy day for us all!".

Once Ruvo was out of the room Eiru was quick to lock it behind her and follow behind him to the Guildhall where three members of the training party already seemed to have formed. Carrying the training spear like her broom Eiru made her way to the table and offered a wave to those waiting "Did you all get breakfast? It's going to be a miserable day. The clouds don't seem all that happy, the spirits are upset with something from the looks of things. What's the plan?"

Cylia HowerCylia Hower.png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

"He told me to forget all about it, so- That's exactly what I'll do. Seems like he's set on doing the same." Cylia nodded. "Very well, if that is what you have decided on." She went quiet for a moment, using a single finger to quietly tap out a melody on the hard wood surface of the table. "Though, if you would listen to one final word of advice..." She started, picking at a loose string on her blouse. "Simply letting things be without talking them over is not a course of action I'd recommend, speaking from experience." She let the pained smile linger on her face for a little while before moving on to address the woman's choice of weapon.

"Very well. You all are a rather interesting bunch with some odd weapon choices, I'm glad I recently polished up on my abilities with the spear." She said, staring at the wall as she went through a list of standard postures in her mind, not paying much attention to Ymir's joke. "Then again, I am not one to speak on odd weapon preferences." She brushed her hand past the handle of her sword, reaching for the grip of the whip behind it. Holding the stained leather grip of the weapon always made her feel a little more at ease, as backwards as it may sound to feel at ease when holding something only used when fighting.

"We'll most likely train with magic too. This one always seems to arrive back at the guild more dead than alive, so I figured he should tag along." She nodded once more, seizing up the wizard quickly. "That seems reasonable, I can't help but feel like your receptionist would agree, she's staring holes into his back even now." She remarked with a soft chuckle. "Apart from a few moves requiring supplementary magic. The Wizard is not as martially skilled as he could be" She nodded again, perhaps she was using the gesture a little too much, but if was efficient and got her point across. "I do not mind training you alongside the others should you be interested, I will ask that you think about what weapon you would like to use beforehand."

"It might not be up to the standard of the usual, Hower facilities," "By which you mean an open field?" Cylia returned a dry grin of her own. "My father was never one for magical training devices of any kind, and so far, I have not yet seen a reason to change that. Though I imagine our armory is quite a bit more advanced."

"Did you all get breakfast? It's going to be a miserable day. The clouds don't seem all that happy, the spirits are upset with something from the looks of things. What's the plan?" Cylia rose from her seat, glad to get moving, she had kept of her training during her stay at the guild hall but normally her entire day revolved around training and instructing, the increased amount of free time she'd had the past few days had made her a bit restless. "I see you're well prepared, very good." She nodded toward the wooden spear. "Though I wouldn't have minded if you took an actual spear, there's no better weapon to train with than the real thing."

Ymir
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Key of Stars Key of Stars
Ymir listened half-heartedly to the voices around her, forced to admit she didn't share much of the enthusiasm. Training had never been a strength of hers, but they were reaching the limit of how appropriate learning on the job would be. At least without a proper foundation.

"Did you all get breakfast? It's going to be a miserable day. The clouds don't seem all that happy, the spirits are upset with something from the looks of things. What's the plan?"

Eiru was being cryptic again. Good to know that hadn't changed. Ymir set her head on her hand, waving to Ruvo with the other. "Train in the barn," she said. "As old and leaky as it is, it should be marginally less miserable than training outside. And I guess the rest of the plan is up to the no-show's sister." Ymir gestured towards Cylia, beginning to wonder if Leo planned to join them at all. It wasn't unusual if he'd been drinking the night before, but surely he wasn't brain-dead enough to do that to himself while recovering from an ability potion.

Surely.

"Is that the rat?"
Ymir said, upon noticing the ice sculpture in Wizard's hands. It looked as if it were ready to spring to life and challenge someone. Ymir cared little for the creature either way, it's antics could be amusing at best. She did vaguely recall seeing the Wizard boy with the little menace.

Ymir hung back as the rest of the group stood to leave for the barn. Mainly to confirm with Azalea that no, they would not knock the walls down, and if Leo happened to ask where they were could she let him know. With that sorted Ymir grabbed a practice weapon and hurried to catch up to the others, opening up one of her gliders to shelter from the rain. She snapped it shut as soon as she stepped inside the old timber frame.

Despite the creaking walls and leaking ceiling, the barn was an ideal space to train. Most of the interior had been stripped bare, with the occasional loose floorboard to make sure people kept an eye on their environment.

"So how do you plan to do this?" Ymir said, speaking to Cylia once things had settled down. "Given we have different weapons and all, instructing us as a group might be somewhat difficult."

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars

For a moment Ruvo thought the flash of flame that cleared the slate meant he had done something wrong, but he didn't have to dwell on it for long as a quick and sharp pain forced his attention to his shoulder. Brushing some of the feathers out of the way to see what had caused the pain he saw a copy of the intricate symbol now marking his flesh signifying that it did work. "Congratulations. Looks like we're ready to get started. Come on, the others are probably waiting on us. It's going to be a busy day for us all!". "Thank you" he replied bringing his attention back to the witch as he got up out of the chair and began heading to the door. "I think I heard them talking earlier, hopefully they didn't get tired of waiting and left without us" he said jokingly "Though with how the weather has been I don't know how much training we can do".

When the two arrived in the main area of the guild hall he saw that Ymir, Cylia, and Wizard had gathered but curiously Leo was absent. "Did you all get breakfast? It's going to be a miserable day. The clouds don't seem all that happy, the spirits are upset with something from the looks of things. What's the plan?" He had no idea what to make about the comment regarding the clouds being unhappy and spirits being upset, was that the reason for the rain? There was no way to be sure and it wasn't likely they would get a straight answer if they asked, plus how would one ease spirits let alone a cloud? Returning Ymir's wave with one of his own he listened as the cartographer explained the current plan for training.

"Train in the barn, as old and leaky as it is, it should be marginally less miserable than training outside. And I guess the rest of the plan is up to the no-show's sister." "I'll take an old and leaky barn over training in the cold rain and muddy training grounds any day" he said gladly "Besides I bet with some work we can even patch up those leaks". Trekking through the rain over to the barn Ruvo was somewhat surprised to see just how empty it was. He was expecting disused equipment or tools for farming or livestock, but instead it seemed the structure had pretty much been stripped bare of its interior and anything that may had been in it had long been removed. "So how do you plan to do this? Given we have different weapons and all, instructing us as a group might be somewhat difficult." It was a good question, from the looks of it Eiru had a spear, Ymir had a polearm of sorts, and Ruvo himself was considering asking for training with a blade of some kind whether that be a dagger or something larger he wasn't sure. He imagined that one on one lessons may be for the best given the range of weaponry they wanted to train with, but he also was not an expert of arms and armor so he would respect whatever course of action Cylia suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back