• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Main Hall))

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
dbccd8c0b1dbaf56e3185b989b7ff1a9.jpg

Milby
Mentions: RatKing RatKing SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
“What do you guys think? We check in on this wizard, make sure he is okay and see what he knows about the yellow dust and plants?”

Their mission had come to a close, and at some point Milby had made her way onto Ruvo's head where she sat, impatiently awaiting their return to the guild. Some old wizard was somewhere in the forest and the others wanted to go after them, but surely it wasn't that important? They'd vanquished the evil vines! The villagers emerged victorious over the forest. Leaping up she tapped a couple times on Ruvo's head with her foot, pulling out a waystone that looked far too big for the size of the bag she carried. "I shall see you back at the guild!"

Of course, Milby being Milby, the concept of her actions impacting on others was a foreign notion. Before Ruvo had so much as a moment's protest the duo appeared in a flash of light outside the guild doors.

Milby blinked when she realised the height wasn't right. Despite changing spots she was still standing high above the ground. Glancing down she blinked when she saw Ruvo was still there. "Oho! You decided to return after all!" The chinchilla could have sworn he planned to stay on the quest site, but she wasn't complaining. She tapped her paw against the feathers of his head before deciding it was a mystery for another day. "Well then! The more the messier! Forward my good bard, into the den of chaos!"

For once she stayed put instead of dashing ahead. The guild doors were closed and since Azalea still hadn't approved Milby's brilliant plan of making a hole in the bottom to let small creatures through (something about having one too many rodents running around already), it posed somewhat of a problem. But that was what party members were for! They opened doors; she snuck bags of gold out from under people's noses - or so it had used to be anyway. Apparently the party members in the guild were a little different, objecting to being called bandits for whatever reason.

The chinchilla's eyes darted around the hall as soon as the doors opened, seeking out signs of interest. There was the prickly plant of course, but Milby avoided her, and by extension the cookie-giving witch and un-feathered not-bard who were talking nearby. There was the new girl that had hair like sunshine, but apparently a giant green mushroom had grown on it while she was away, and the mean-spirited gale girl wasn't paying attention to the ones who walked in. Most others in the hall Milby skimmed over, but her gaze stopped on an unfamiliar face off to the side. They had a snowy white tousle of hair, and a book in hand, but most importantly to to small chinchilla-

"FEATHERS!!!!" She leapt off Ruvo's head with a sudden cheer, dashing from table-top to table-top before she scrambled to a stop on the one nearest to Nanalee - small claws scraping lines in the wood for Azalea to fret about later. "RUVO RUVO LOOK!!" Milby pointed a tiny clawed hand at Nanalee, staring to Ruvo with shining eyes across the hall. "More feathers!!"

denq7kp-ec6c1b58-f335-4037-a83a-ccce7a968fad.png
Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal
Ymir had watched with as the witch not so much stormed in - as per her usual routine when she was annoyed about something - but swept in, the air around them touched with an icy chill. The Arcane house must have put her in a truly bad mood this time. She wasn't even throwing up her hands as she talked to Azalea, though they did make time to send a spiteful glare Ymir's way.

Well it's got to be more interesting than boats. Her chair scraped back as she pushed off the table, floating over with a revived spring in her step. When Eiru was mad mad it meant either something disastrous, or hilarious, and occasionally both at once.

"Azalea, I like Leon as an individual. But I think his presence is bound to draw even more unwanted attention our way." Sure enough, she'd walked in at an interesting point in the conversation. "I don't want to see him ostracised though, so let me take him with me. If he's on an expedition the guild needn't know his exact position and thus needn't report it either. Its the best I can come up with at present but I'm sure Pri will figure something out before we return."

"Aw, come on." Ymir set her arm down on Eiru's shoulder, ignoring the warning look from Azalea. The smaller witch was just the perfect height to rest on. "It's not like he's the first one with a bounty on his head to come through."

"Just what did you get up to today exactly?" the receptionist mused, likely unhappy with the fact she was still out of the loop. "You were supposed to investigate a trading operation. With your abilities there should have been no point of contact."

Ymir shrugged. "It went a little off the rails."

The comment earned her a glare, but, before Azalea could rebuke the obvious evasion, the subject of all the fuss decided to save them the time. "Sorry for barging in," Leo said, sounding anything but remorseful. "I'm sure you guys would have preferred to keep discussing me in private, but I figured I might as well be present. Especially if we're talking about me needing a babysitter."

"Sorry," Ymir said, grinning as she waved Leo away. "The conversation is for grown-ups only-"

"Then perhaps you should return to your table."

A heartbeat of uncertain silence followed. Ymir smiled icily, hair rising. The ember-like light beneath Azalea's skin flared.

("I'm glad to see you made it back.") Leo turned to Eiru as the space between the other two women crackled. ("Truthfully I did not expect things to go that far off the rails. It's probably on me for assuming my own cousin would at least recognize me.") They looked very much like they were ready to start ripping out vocal chords, though Azalea did a much better job at looking dignified about it.

"I take it you haven't been filled in." Leo's non-question finally drew the receptionist's attention from the silent engagement. She fixed him with a pointed look, as if to reprimand him for asking something he already knew the answer to. "The reason everything went wrong is that I thought I could fix everything by dramatically revealing that my real name is Leonard Hower."

Ymir and Eiru, unsurprisingly, didn't look impressed, and if Azalea was surprised, it didn't show. Dealing with all manner of unpleasant revelations had given the receptionist a stony face that'd make a killing in cards, if she weren't too much of a stick in the mud workaholic to actually play.

"It... didn't go so well..." Leo said eventually, rubbing the back of his neck. After a moment, Azalea sighed heavy enough for the four of them.

"Why would you try to impersonate a Hower of all things? Did you think because they weren't based in Lantana people wouldn't be able to see through it?" She waved a hand, cutting off whatever he wanted to say next as she handed over the sword. "Regardless, it seems you've returned, albeit with trouble in tow. I believe Eiru's suggestion of an expedition is a valid one." Whatever commotion there was would settle down eventually, and fade into obscurity given time after that. "The sword is known as the Ocean's Lullaby. It's possesses a lightning affinity, as you requested, though this particular one was made for someone with a lightning affinity in mind. It will produce the desired element, but you won't be able to control it beyond the blade." She paused, considering one last piece of information. "And be careful using it in storms. There's a reason the thing no longer has an owner."

As much as they had plenty to discuss, Azalea had a feeling they'd best be getting along soon. The expedition notice stated the ship would be in port for a couple days, but Scrapper was notorious for his unpredictability. There was no guarantee if they dawdled too long, that he wouldn't find his crew and be gone before sundown. "Is there anything else?" she said, directing the question more towards Eiru.

1630800660863.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support
Fae Witch

Eiru stood in silent contemplation as her private conversation with Azalea was quickly becoming more of a public forum than that of a constructive conversation. In all honesty, the small witch had was in no place to personally complain about such a thing happening considering it was typically her who did the invading upon others conversations but in her current mood this was something she had no time to entertain. The fact Ymir was now using her as a resting post did even less to quell the witches growing internal rage, in fact, this action alone quite drastically hastened Eiru to her boiling point and all it took to push her over the edge thereafter was the pair bickering on either side of her. In all her years at the guild, Eiru never knew Ymir and Azalea to get along but right now in this situation and with her quite literally in the middle of the two she had had enough.

Glancing at Azalea and then at Ymir the witch closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh before clicking her fingers. As if on cue Eiru's broom burst through one of the Guilds many glass windows and rocketed past Milby with enough pressure to knock the rodent backwards despite not making contact. Eiru's broom would then shoot over Nanalee's head, turning several pages of the book as it made a sharp turn to barrel up the staircase. Drifting upon reaching the top only to then rocket once again towards Eiru herself stopping a mere few inches from the witches extended hand, whipping up a strong breeze as it came to a halt, shaking the witches hat as well as the branches atop Azalea's head. Eiru was quick to take the broom into her hand before moving quickly forward, letting Ymir fall to the ground with a loud whack. "Yes, there is, I believe a window will need replacing. What a stroke of bad luck. Also, when Pri returns inform her that Ymir and Leo are both undertaking that quest alongside me. I'm sure she'll be able to square away the paperwork. That way I can extend the side quest without the need to extend the actual expedition itself should we need to hide Leo longer than expected."

Before Ymir could react in protest to accompanying the expedition on account of her crippling fear of the sea Eiru blew a palmful of powder into her face as she moved to gather herself from the floor, knocking the woman out cold. "Leo, take this rope and tie her up before carrying her to the ship. I will not have us delayed if Ymir starts wailing and flailing about like a fish when she wakes up aboard the ship." And with that Eiru threw a length of rope to Leo before moving toward the first floor with her broom in hand.
Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Last edited:
Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

“Milby wait—“ was all he could say before the familiar light of the waystone washed over them.

Reappearing by the front of the guild hall Ruvo gathered his bearings from the sudden teleportation before turning his attention to the troublesome rogue that was sitting atop his head. "Oho! You decided to return after all!"

“I- you- ugh…” stopping in frustration to organize his thoughts. “Milby you need to be more careful with how close you are to others when using the waystone. You ended up dragging me along with you.” he lectured as he walked towards the front doors. Of course he could just drop off Milby and head back to Sigmar, but surely he could trust the remaining guild members to ask a couple questions without him there right? Upon asking himself that the bard had a faint inkling that it could be rough going with Artyx and Willow being not so talkative and The Wizard's grandiose speech patterns making conversations strange at times but maybe this could be a sort of learning exercise for them. Besides if there was one benefit to be had here it was that Milby couldn’t run into the guild hall right away which gave him time to tell the chinchilla what they had done wrong which was a rare moment to have.

Opening the doors to the guild hall, it seemed like it was business as usual with other guild members looking to have arrived not long before Milby and himself though from the snippets of conversation he could hear something was definitely off. If he had to guess something went wrong in a quest judging from the stressed tones in their voices and passive aggressive comments to one another. He also heard something about an expedition which was new.

"Expedition? Exciting things seem to have been going on while I was away" he thought to himself as Milby leapt off his head shouting in excitement. "Feathers?" he asked himself before the sound of breaking glass filled the air which turned his attention to the broom that then flew into the hall making some dynamic aerial movements before reaching its destination of the witch's hand.

"RUVO RUVO LOOK!!" "More feathers!!"

"Wha-? Oh! I see what you mean by more feathers now" now noticing the winged guild member he walked towards where they sat to offer introductions. "I am Ruvo Steelfeather, and the excitable one there is Milby. I take it you are new to this wild place we call a guild hall yea?"

Last edited:
Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
"Why would you try to impersonate a Hower of all things? Did you think because they weren't based in Lantana people wouldn't be able to see through it?" Leonidas shook his head. "No that's not- Hey, wait a minute!" He protested. "I'm not impersonating anyone! Is it really that unbelievable?" He asked with a somewhat exaggerated sigh but Azalea didn't seem to be listening, or if she was she simply didn't care enough to comment. "Regardless, it seems you've returned, albeit with trouble in tow. I believe Eiru's suggestion of an expedition is a valid one."

"The sword is known as the Ocean's Lullaby. It's possesses a lightning affinity, as you requested, though this particular one was made for someone with a lightning affinity in mind. It will produce the desired element, but you won't be able to control it beyond the blade."
He received the sword from Azalea, holding it up at eye level. The blade was rather thin, though not as thin as his rapier had been, and slightly curved with a vague yellow sheen. The design of the weapon as well as its name suggested it had belonged to a seafarer before so Leonidas supposed it was only fitting it would be taken out to sea again. He swung the blade a few times, the balance wasn't bad but it was significantly different from his old sword.

Eventually, he nodded in satisfaction and hung the weapon at his side.
"And be careful using it in storms. There's a reason the thing no longer has an owner." He frowned, that might be a slight problem, he could always hope for purely clear weather but on the sea the chances of that were small. He would have to remember to bring at least a small knife or something as back up weapon during storms.

"Is there anything else?"

"Yes, there is, I believe a window will need replacing. What a stroke of bad luck. Also, when Pri returns inform her that Ymir and Leo are both undertaking that quest alongside me. I'm sure she'll be able to square away the paperwork. That way I can extend the side quest without the need to extend the actual expedition itself should we need to hide Leo longer than expected." He sighed. "Listen I'm not going to hide. I'm going on this expedition to get rid of the people impersonating me and to find my ship, not to run away from the government, the Hower's or whatever other big-shot you think will suddenly decide to come after me."

Eiru wasn't listening, ignoring everything he was saying and focusing on Ymir, people ignoring him was rapidly becoming a pattern and Leonidas didn't like it. "Leo, take this rope and tie her up before carrying her to the ship. I will not have us delayed if Ymir starts wailing and flailing about like a fish when she wakes up aboard the ship." Leonidas hesitated. "I'm not sure if-" He was silenced by a length of rope hitting him square in the face and before he could restart his protest Eiru walked away.

He sighed, picking up the rope of the floor and kneeling down in front of Ymir. "I just want one thing to be very clear!" He shouted to everyone present in the hall. "I am not doing this because I want to! I am not into this sort of thing!" He heard a chuckle from behind the front desk and glared at Kathlyn who quickly covered her mouth with her new hat. "I heard that." He said, eyes narrowed at the young receptionist, Kathlyn just put the hat back on and shot him an innocent smile.

He picked Ymir up before turning to Nanalee. "I'm going to get my stuff and change into some more appropriate attire for sailing, I don't know if you know how the waystone works or if you even got one if you're not technically part of the guild, but you can just wait here for me and I'll take you with us," he nodded towards the unconscious Ymir he was holding. "to the port." Eiru would undoubtedly find her own way to get there.

With that out of the way, he turned around and made his way towards the room in the guild he had been using for the last while. A little while later he stepped back into the hall, now dressed in his usual adventuring clothes, though with his hair still in the small ponytail and with navy blue boots and gloves instead of the usual brown boots and red gloves. Ymir was now slung over one of his shoulders in what would be the most comfortable, or perhaps rather least uncomfortable way for her if she were to wake up, while a middle-sized instrument case was slung over his other shoulder, the new sword was properly strapped in at his left hip.

"You ready?" He asked Nanalee before nodding. "Let's get going then." He said, pulling out his waystone and activating it.

denq7kp-ec6c1b58-f335-4037-a83a-ccce7a968fad.png
Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal
"No that's not- Hey, wait a minute!" Ymir snickered to herself despite her ealier annoyance. "I'm not impersonating anyone! Is it really that unbelievable?"

"More like unexpected," she said. "But you did spend the past several years playing vagabond." Actively trying to make sure they never made the connection, the way she saw it. "Can't blame us for-"

The sound of shattering glass filled the hall and she broke off, spinning around to see something blur across the hall in the aftermath of falling shards. The unidentified object barely missed Milby as the tailwind knocked the chinchilla off her table with a small screech. It made turn for the stairs fast enough Ymir could barely follow.

"Yes, there is," Eiru said to Azalea. Ymir took her eyes off the object for a moment to stare and the sour-sounding witch. "I believe a window will need replacing. What a stroke of bad luck."

Oh Azalea is going to hate that-

She wasn't expecting for her feet to leave the floor. Swept from under her, as it were. The abruptness left of it left her missing air in her lungs, managing a groan as the ache settled into her shoulders. She'd managed to keep the back of her head from hitting the floor at least, rolling onto her side as she sat up. Godamnit-

She really needed to learn to keep her sight active. It was downright shameful how often she got caught off guard these days. "Also, when Pri returns inform her that Ymir and Leo are both undertaking that quest alongside me. I'm sure she'll be able to square away the paperwork. That way I can extend the side quest without the need to extend the actual expedition itself should we need to hide Leo longer than expected."

"Ugh-" There was a fair bit to process, starting with the broom in Eiru's grasp. Understanding clicked about the same time she recalled the question she'd been asked earlier. 'There's an expedition to the Sacred Isles that's currently recruiting members...'

Before she had a chance to voice exactly what she thought of that horrendous idea, Eiru bent down and blew a handful of something that shimmered in her face. Ymir hadn't encountered whatever the strange material was, but a glittering, ringing sound started to fill her head, refusing to fade. She was distracted by it as Leo spoke. "Listen I'm not going to hide. I'm going on this expedition to get rid of the people impersonating me and to find my ship, not to run away from the government, the Hower's or whatever other big-shot you think will suddenly decide to come after me."

Pixie dust, she realised. Of all things the witch had used goddamned pixie dust. Are you kidding me?!

Ymir would've strangled her she could. Scratch that, she was going to anyway. "Leo, take this rope and tie her up before carrying her to the ship. I will not have us delayed if Ymir starts wailing and flailing about like a fish when she wakes up aboard the ship."

"You are... so dead," she muttered. If she woke up aboard that ship she was going to drown them both. The pins and needles were making it hard to feel anything, but she hadn't travelled to every hellish corner of the map to be done in by fairy sprinkles.

"I'm not sure if-" Whatever he was going to say was cut off, followed by a weary sigh as the smaller set of shoes walked away. "I just want one thing to be very clear!" Leo said instead, drawing as much bloody attention as he could while picking up the ropes. "I am not doing this because I want to! I am not into this sort of thing!"

"You are going- to regret the day you were born Hower," she managed to spit out. The witch too, though Ymir didn't have the energy to promise as much. Her eyes slid shut as the last of the sounds were drowned by fairy-like laughter.

Last edited:

Nanalee Imphon | Of Spiritual Snow
A curious explorer with a love for battle, adventure and power.

"FEATHERS!!!! RUVO RUVO LOOK!! More feathers!!"

The sound of a tiny creature screeching at her from afar inevitably caught Nanalee's attention, as her head snapped to the location of the voice. Immediately, her face contorted into confusion and wonder as she looked upon the little rodent pointing enthusiastically at her. Just as she curiously followed the little chinchilla's gaze towards a feathery bird man, the sound of glass cracking awakened her reflexive movements as she ducked beneath the soaring object and caught the little chinchilla in her hands, blanketed in the fluffy feathers wrapped around her arms. Looking towards the white-haired witch in confusion, she pondered, was that necessary?

Seeing as how everyone treated it as a casual occurrence, including the authoritative 'bramble bush', Nanalee chose to keep her mouth shut... she was the new one here afterall. Ignoring the book with many flipped pages on the table, she held the newly arrived little chinchilla up to her face with a smile. "You're so cute, I could just eat you!" Nanalee grinned with a harmless smile, though the playful, predatory glint in her eyes was hard to miss from such a distance. As the voice of another entered her ears, she looked up from her banter towards the feathery figure introducing himself to her.
"I am Ruvo Steelfeather, and the excitable one there is Milby. I take it you are new to this wild place we call a guild hall yea?"

"Yup, I registered not too long ago, and I'm about to hop on the expedition to the Sacred Isles. It's nice to meet you both!" She grinned in a friendly manner, as she peered at the stranger's feathers and compared them to her own. Though they were of completely different races, and likely had different methods of preening, Nanalee could tell that her fellow feathery adventurer also took decent care of his feathers, which inevitably made her have a slightly more positive impression of him. Just as she was about to inquire about Ruvo's homeland, the shouting of her future comrade on the expedition caught her ears.

"I just want one thing to be very clear! I am not doing this because I want to! I am not into this sort of thing!"

Even though Nanalee listened attentively to the human's words, just in case it was a call for the expedition members or something like that, she had to admit, she had no idea what the heck he was on about. She watched him tie up the kind white-haired human who had helped her earlier in confusion, before he abruptly turned to her. "I'm going to get my stuff and change into some more appropriate attire for sailing, I don't know if you know how the waystone works or if you even got one if you're not technically part of the guild, but you can just wait here for me and I'll take you with us,"

"Okay! I have a waystone, but I'll go with you just in case." She replied quite simply with a nod, not wanting to get things wrong on her first adventure. Finally putting little Milby back down on the table, she made her farewells whilst putting away the book she was half-reading earlier. "I'll see you two later! Good luck on your next adventures." She waved at them with a smile, before hopping over to Leo. She quickly noticed the human slung over one shoulder, the strange case slung over the other, and the weapon strapped at his waist... "Do you need my hel- you know what, nevermind. Let's go!" She grinned, not wanting to discredit his efforts. Whilst pinching a corner of both Leo's and the unconscious human's clothes, kind of in a triangle formation, Nanalee smiled excitedly as the world vanished before her eyes.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions:
It would seem he was right in his assumption that the winged guild member was newly registered and whats more is that they elaborated a bit more on the expedition he had overheard about.

“The Sacred Isles huh?” he mumbled to himself trying to recall where off the coast that was. It was then that shouting rung out from Leo trying to affirm with everyone in ear shot that he was being coerced to tie up his fellow guild member and that he didn’t like it. Ruvo figured that much was true seeing as he was there to witness it though he had to admit he certainly didn’t expect the witch to not falter what so ever to knock out Ymir. He would have to remember not to upset her any time soon.

Then before he knew it the conversation he was having with the harpy who he just realized he had never gotten a name from had come to an end as the poet came over to the table to pick up the winged guild member for the expedition.

With those heading off to the Sacred Isles gone Ruvo had a bunch of thoughts going through his mind. Surely an expedition would have plenty of adventure and stories to record and retell right? Then again they would almost certainly have to sail there and he had never sailed before, what use would he be onboard a vessel aside from maybe…perhaps…carpentry? Yes if the ship needed repairs he could help and that would prove his worth he’d bet.

Knowing he had to act quick Ruvo hastily grabbed some of his extra belongings that were sitting in his room in the guild and got the location as to where the others were going. With a wave goodbye to the few remaining in the guild hall at the moment the bard was off for adventures yet to be told in song.

Milby
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
Out of nowhere Milby was swept off the table with a screech, thinking at first that the mischievous mapmaker was playing tricks again before she saw the broom flying away. The dastardly thing! She would chase after it at once and-

The chinchilla was pretty sure there weren't meant to be clouds in the guild, yet it felt like she'd fallen onto one. She blinked up from the pillow of feathers into two mismatched eyes. Gold and silver, just like treasure "You're so cute, I could just eat you!"

The chinchilla felt a little shiver at their challenge, hopping onto her feet with an eager glint in her expression. "You too! Your feathers would make a lovely nest!" Her tail thumped against the wing-like arms as she listened to Nana and Ruvo introduce themselves. "...and I'm about to hop on the expedition to the Sacred Isles. It's nice to meet you both!"

"I see! I'm off to slay the Behemoth!" Milby nodded in response, grinning proudly. Since her ability relied on solid ground to burrow through, the sea was not an ideal place. Chinchilla fur didn't do well when wet besides. "Ruvo! I shall see you in yonder dawns!! " Leaping off Nanalee's hands onto the floor she disappeared underfoot, her parting words fleeing to a different section section of the hall. "Today is the daaaaaay!"

defgkat-65ec8d23-395f-4913-b0af-c8ff03cb88d6.png
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing
"Yes, there is, I believe a window will need replacing. What a stroke of bad luck." Azalea did not look impressed as the broom swept to a halt, stirring up stray leaves and paper. The witch's antics were expected by this point, but it didn't make her any more pleased with the outcome. At the very least it was a step above the uncanny silence of before. Azalea rather liked Eiru on the few occasions she decided to take things seriously, but it was always accompanied by a sense that the other shoe was about to drop. "Also, when Pri returns inform her that Ymir and Leo are both undertaking that quest alongside me..."

"Listen I'm not going to hide. I'm going on this expedition to get rid of the people impersonating me and to find my ship, not to run away from the government, the Hower's or whatever other big-shot you think will suddenly decide to come after me."

So he was serious. It did make a certain amount of sense. She didn't bother to wonder why Leo had kept his name secret in the first place; there were far more possibilities than she had time to consider, and whatever had occurred to change his mind seemed to be the more pressing issue anyway. Eiru's attitude garnered a certain amount of concern, though it was hard to take seriously after she knocked Ymir out and threw a length of rope at Leo. "Take this rope and tie her up before carrying her to the ship."

"Your plan is to kidnap her?" Azalea said, genuine disbelief creeping at the notion. That was... she'd wondered what Eiru had planned. Abduction had not been the tactic she'd expected. Of course, anything short of it or blackmail would probably have failed to convince Ymir - the witch was likely aware of such and opted for the least painful method - but still. Should I actually let this happen...?

"I will not have us delayed if Ymir starts wailing and flailing about like a fish when she wakes up aboard the ship."

She was probably right. Azalea sighed as Eiru turned on heel, not wanting to admit it. Surely there could have been a way that didn't put their friendship at peril. Ymir and Eiru had so few to begin with. This'll need to be explained to the captain somehow too...

"I just want one thing to be very clear!" Azalea paused at her desk, glancing over at Leo's declaration. Kathlyn watched the exchange with a mixture of confusion and laughter, more so the latter as he continued. "I am not doing this because I want to! I am not into this sort of thing!" His head snapped around as Kathlyn tried to smother a giggle. "I heard that."

"You're being very convincing," Azalea mollified, breaking from her thoughts as she dipped a quill in ink. A subtle, but deeper trace of amusement pulled her lips back into grin. "Would you like me to add that to the letter? 'Coerced into kidnapping. Did not enjoy.' ?" It was so rarely she allowed herself to take a jab at someone (other than, perhaps, Ymir), but the situation was so far beyond absurd, she felt it could be forgiven.

At the same time of course, her normal duties still applied. She kept Ruvo in the corner of her periphery. She had a matter of importance to bring up with the avian bard, before he ran off anywhere else. One that involved the three objects covered in cloth she pulled from under the desk. "Kathlyn," she said, wrapping up the letter to the captain as she turned to see where Eiru had gone. "Could you please find some sea-sickness pills to put in Ymir's bag before she leaves? And if you have anything to soothe the nerves. She's likely to need both at some point." Most probably sooner rather than later.

With that she stepped away from the desk and went first in search of Eiru, handing her the letter with instructions to pass it along to the captain. Afterwards she wandered until she found Ruvo, who had just finished packing to join in on the expedition it seemed. "A moment before you leave," she said, acknowledging Nanalee with a nod, but focusing ultimately on the bard. There was a pouch of gold and several smaller, covered objects that she handed to him. "The reward for your mission, and for reaching copper tier two."
Sigmar Mission:
  • Gold +90
  • AP +25
Reach Copper II:
  • Strength Attribute Crystal (Permanent): +20
  • Intelligence Attribute Crystal (Permanent): +20
  • Agility Attribute Crystal (Permanent): +20
With the more pressing matters adjourned, Azalea finally took a moment to relax, watching the adventurers disappear one by one from the guild hall.

Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph
"Kathlyn," Kathlyn looked up from where she was reading through some papers on the front desk. "Yes?" "Could you please find some sea-sickness pills to put in Ymir's bag before she leaves? And if you have anything to soothe the nerves. She's likely to need both at some point." Kathlyn nodded. Azalea hadn't specified if the pills had to be traditional or her own so Kathlyn just improvised. She reached for her bag of holding sitting next to her on the counter.

She rummaged around in the bag for a moment before pulling out a small bottle filled with deep blue translucent pills. She set the medicine down next to her after checking the number of pills inside the bottle. The medicine was her father's and truthfully she didn't know how to make them, she had always been focused on other medicine so far.

Turning back to her bag of holding she pulled out another container, a small circular metal disc that contained one of her latest experiments. She opened it up and took out one of the pills inside, or well, 'pills', they really were just cookies with a light violet pattern on them. She had made them originally to get children to take their medicine without making a fuss but they turned out really nice and they were just as effective as normal pills so she had gotten used to using them instead of traditional medicine.

Grabbing the two items she walked over to where Leonidas had just stepped back into the guild hall. "Miss Azalea told me to give these to miss Ymir." She said, holding up the medicine. "The pills are against sea-sickness, just have her take one a day. The cookies have a calming effect, they may look like regular cookies but they are actual medicine, don't have her eat too many at once." He raised an eyebrow at that. "Are you giving me deadly cookies?" He asked with a grin.

She shook her head. "I'm not giving you anything, they're for miss Ymir. But no, she won't die if she eats too many but it won't be pleasant." Leonidas nodded after feigning being hurt at her first comment. "I'll let her know that she'll die if she eats too many cookies." Kathlyn rolled her eyes, walking over to Ymir's bag of holding and slipping the items in there. "Don't forget to tell her they're in there." She told Leo with a stern expression before smiling. "Have a good expedition."

Mentions: SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
"Kathlyn" Kathlyn stopped reading the paper she had picked up and turned to face Themisto. "Yes?" "I will investigate what heck is happening at the beach..." Kathlyn nodded. "Okay, I can get you written down for that, you can leave whenever you want, I'll take care of it." She said with a smile. "And if i'm lucky, will bring back what the hell is causing the rampant crab swarming" Kathlyn pushed the brim of her hat up slightly, observing the sphere while it unfolded.

"Hewwo!" "Oh," Kathlyn smiled at the small golem. "Hello there."

"I know you dabble in chemistry, right? Can you make me a very psychotropic potion?--" Kathlyn looked up from where she was holding out her finger to the golem. "Ah, well, only sort of." She said apologetically. "I'm only experienced in making medicine really." She hesitated. "I do use tools that are also used in chemistry though, maybe if you have a recipe or something else explaining the process I can give it a shot!" She said with a smile.

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Guild Hall]
[Interactions: Akeldama { Uasal Uasal }]

Vas'On reappeared in a flash and he didn't look pleased. He had his swords back, he wouldn't have left without them but there was some finicky business about the damage and mess left in the Lord's mansion. They were not responsible for repairing and cleaning the debris left after combatting powerful opponents. Had it not been for Akeldama doing much of the talking, the mansion wouldn't have been the only heavily damaged building in the village.

Those people wouldn't last five seconds around a full blooded orc. They were not known for their calm attitudes and wouldn't have handled the disrespect as well as he did. He walked over to his table and set his swords aside, taking a seat. The issues with Akeldama had mostly been handled...as in they simply weren't talking about it anymore, which worked out perfectly well for the both of them.

He locked his eyes on the quest board and sat there thinking while he waited for his tea. He needed something to just beat up to get his frustrations handled. Dealing with trolls would be fun, their regeneration was the only issue, about as powerful as the vampire's head fought. Fortunately they had obvious weaknesses that were easily obtained. Acid and Fire were available if you knew the right people. A mage would be most useful and despite...whatever it was they were going through...he still trusted Akeldama to have his back. Her speed and strength would be invaluable. In truth he'd prefer to have at least four for the next mission and if there was a Gold ranked available, he'd happily take a higher quest.

With the demi-god, a strong cleric or paladin would be useful in place of the mage. Pretty much anyone of decent enough faith could serve the purpose, but having someone aligned to a deity would be preferable. Dealing with deities...ugh. A lot of issues with that one, demi or otherwise.

He was leaning more to the troll quest but he wanted to see who was available before making his decision as well as get Akeldama's opinion.​

Farren
Mentions: Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Among the guild hall sat a young man having a bit of water. Farren was new to the guild hall, he'd yet to do any official work but he'd managed to start pretty high from what he could tell. His eyes went up as there was some movement and a flash of some light as what looked to be someone of orcish descent returning to the hall. Farren wasn't the most talented at reading people but even he could see that this fellow looked to be a bit angry over something or other.

Farren didn't give that one much more attention and instead decided to somewhat rack his brain about a mission to get started. An Adventurer's guild was a good way to help people and to earn some money. There was also the fact of some extra information about problems around the surrounding area which would certainly be helpful if he truly wanted to pursue his goals. At the moment it was mainly money and maybe a bit of experience he was after. Farren had experience in combat, though it'd been a long time since he'd been involved in anything real. He wasn't sitting too far from the mission board and gave it some scrutiny. If he remembered correctly he'd been given a silver rank, from his understanding that was decently high and he was somewhat in a hurry to prove he deserved it.

The only quests he didn't bother to inspect were the gold ones. In all honesty he wouldn't know who to ask to accompany him on that. Among the silver quests was one among the jungle which did catch his attention, though there was also a group of missing adventurers, some form of escaped demi-god and something about trolls. It was marked as being a bit more difficult, Farren had read up a lot during his younger years and he remembered trolls having some form of healing ability. Somewhat similar to his own, with a weakness to fire and another element he couldn't recall at the moment.

That orcish fellow seemed to be giving the board a look as well. By coincidence Farren seemed to be sitting only a table away so he gave a good natured greeting. "Hey there, one of those jobs caught your eye? Lookin for one myself but I'm not particularly drawn to any. Name's Farren I'm new around here."

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Yahhah Yahhah Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
The guild had calmed as much as it would for the afternoon, streaks of light painting the walls as the heat of the day faded. Nightfall would bring a rowdier crowd out of the woodwork, but in the lazy afternoon air there wasn't much noise to distract from work. Azalea noticed the flash of light and Vas'On's return, but there was no smaller companion nearby. Not even in the shadows, where Azalea knew the vampire preferred to reside.

It was a cause for some concern. Leaving Kathlyn to look after the front counter Azalea collected Vas'On's usual drink and headed for the table, near enough in time to overhear the words of the newer guild member."Hey there, one of those jobs caught your eye? Lookin for one myself but I'm not particularly drawn to any. Name's Farren I'm new around here."

"He's starting off at silver rank, but I hope you can give him some guidance," Azalea interjected, setting down thecup in front of Vas'On. Looking around, it seemed apparent that his companion still had yet to return. "I notice Akel isn't with you. Did the mission go ok?"

Milby
The dust floating across the ground stirred as a tiny body shot past, illuminated by the bars of afternoon light. Milby made a beeline for the quest board, weaving underfoot and leaping up onto one of the tables before she caterpaulted into the wooden surface with a smack. She clung there a moment, before the sound of tearing paper accompanied her peeling off and falling to the floor with her chosen quest in hand. A short scramble later she appeared on the table in front of Vas'On, holding the form up over her head for Azalea to see.

"Trolls!" she proudly declared. Not that she'd actually read the info, but she was pretty sure that was what the mean looking creature was in the image. They weren't quite as impressive as a behemoth, but Milby knew several who had tried to make meals of her before. Today she would have her revenge.

Except-

Azalea glanced over the information, and even before they said anything Milby knew there was some sort of catch. They shook their head with a sigh, taking the mission off her hands. "That's a silver rank quest, Milby. You need to find someone who can go with you first."

Farren
Mentions: Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Among the guild hall sat a young man having a bit of water. Farren was new to the guild hall, he'd yet to do any official work but he'd managed to start pretty high from what he could tell. His eyes went up as there was some movement and a flash of some light as what looked to be someone of orcish descent returning to the hall. Farren wasn't the most talented at reading people but even he could see that this fellow looked to be a bit angry over something or other.

Farren didn't give that one much more attention and instead decided to somewhat rack his brain about a mission to get started. An Adventurer's guild was a good way to help people and to earn some money. There was also the fact of some extra information about problems around the surrounding area which would certainly be helpful if he truly wanted to pursue his goals. At the moment it was mainly money and maybe a bit of experience he was after. Farren had experience in combat, though it'd been a long time since he'd been involved in anything real. He wasn't sitting too far from the mission board and gave it some scrutiny. If he remembered correctly he'd been given a silver rank, from his understanding that was decently high and he was somewhat in a hurry to prove he deserved it.

The only quests he didn't bother to inspect were the gold ones. In all honesty he wouldn't know who to ask to accompany him on that. Among the silver quests was one among the jungle which did catch his attention, though there was also a group of missing adventurers, some form of escaped demi-god and something about trolls. It was marked as being a bit more difficult, Farren had read up a lot during his younger years and he remembered trolls having some form of healing ability. Somewhat similar to his own, with a weakness to fire and another element he couldn't recall at the moment.

That orcish fellow seemed to be giving the board a look as well. By coincidence Farren seemed to be sitting only a table away so he gave a good natured greeting. "Hey there, one of those jobs caught your eye? Lookin for one myself but I'm not particularly drawn to any. Name's Farren I'm new around here."
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Yahhah Yahhah Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
The guild had calmed as much as it would for the afternoon, streaks of light painting the walls as the heat of the day faded. Nightfall would bring a rowdier crowd out of the woodwork, but in the lazy afternoon air there wasn't much noise to distract from work. Azalea noticed the flash of light and Vas'On's return, but there was no smaller companion nearby. Not even in the shadows, where Azalea knew the vampire preferred to reside.

It was a cause for some concern. Leaving Kathlyn to look after the front counter Azalea collected Vas'On's usual drink and headed for the table, near enough in time to overhear the words of the newer guild member."Hey there, one of those jobs caught your eye? Lookin for one myself but I'm not particularly drawn to any. Name's Farren I'm new around here."

"He's starting off at silver rank, but I hope you can give him some guidance," Azalea interjected, setting down thecup in front of Vas'On. Looking around, it seemed apparent that his companion still had yet to return. "I notice Akel isn't with you. Did the mission go ok?"

Milby
The dust floating across the ground stirred as a tiny body shot past, illuminated by the bars of afternoon light. Milby made a beeline for the quest board, weaving underfoot and leaping up onto one of the tables before she caterpaulted into the wooden surface with a smack. She clung there a moment, before the sound of tearing paper accompanied her peeling off and falling to the floor with her chosen quest in hand. A short scramble later she appeared on the table in front of Vas'On, holding the form up over her head for Azalea to see.

"Trolls!" she proudly declared. Not that she'd actually read the info, but she was pretty sure that was what the mean looking creature was in the image. They weren't quite as impressive as a behemoth, but Milby knew several who had tried to make meals of her before. Today she would have her revenge.

Except-

Azalea glanced over the information, and even before they said anything Milby knew there was some sort of catch. They shook their head with a sigh, taking the mission off her hands. "That's a silver rank quest, Milby. You need to find someone who can go with you first."

[Interactions: Farren, Azalea, Milby]

Vas'On chuckled as the newcomer addressed him "Looking for something to beat up." he said nodding "Vas'On" he introduced himself while nodding at Azalea in thanks "Starting off as Silver, not bad" he sipped his tea as he looked over at Milby "The little warrior shares my interest. Trolls, if allowed to grow in great numbers, can cause untold destruction. I'd be happy to go along with her" he looked at Farren "Trolls are annoying, but cut off their regeneration and they die like everything else" he sighed and then turned back to Azalea "Dama is fine, the vampires were handled easily enough, nothing the two of us couldn't handle.

He shook his head "I spend a little too long fighting my opponent and suddenly she's "upset" with me" he made quotation marks with his fingers "Perhaps you can get more out of her than I could. She should be along soon, had to take care of a few last minute things and sent me ahead" he grumbled slightly before going back to his tea​

Milby
Mentions: Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Yahhah Yahhah
"The little warrior shares my interest... I'd be happy to go along with her."

Yes! Milby crowed over her newfound persmission to take on the quest. She didn't know too much about the one who had agreed to go with her, except they looked like the image on the poster, which was confusing since they weren't big enough or mean enough to be a troll. Milby had given up on telling the twolegs apart. She tried calling them all hairless monkeys, but apparently that was 'offensive' as well. Yet they complained when she stabbed them for calling her a rat!

"Trolls are annoying, but cut off their regeneration and they die like everything else."

"Go for the eyes!" Milby eagerly added. In her experience eye stabbing worked nine times out of ten - taking into account things that were blind or otherwise eyeless. Milby had always thought trees were troublesome in that respect, though after meeting the green lady she questioned whether the leafy foes did have eyes after all, and were just very good at hiding them.

Regardless! They had foes to conquer. With her target decided and the go-ahead given, Milby reached into her bag to pull out the tiny waystone she carried. They were headed for the forests north of Lantana, and so that's where she willed the almighty stone to take her. "Onwards!" she declared, a flash of light replacing where she stood on the table.

Farren
Mentions: Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Sylph Sylph

It didn't take long for more adventurers to appear, first a woman who looked to be covered in plant life she explained Farren's circumstances and asked about someone that Farren couldn't claim to recognize. Another much smaller shape appeared in a flash of fluffy gray hair, it looked like some kind of rodent Farren had yet to see before. It spoke about a troll quest which was eventually also brought up by the orcish fellow that introduced himself as Vas'On. "Sounds like you've got something lined up to beat on then, and yeah thanks. Just hope to prove I fit in the rank I got put in" Farren said to Vas'On and the woman after they both mentioned his rank and of course the first bit as a response to the half-orc's humor. "Trolls then, I'd like to join you on that if you could use an extra pair of hands. Never fought trolls before but there's a first time for everything". Vas'On was certainly right, cutting off a regeneration factor on any opponent was always good, and it could usually be done with fire.

It was at that point that the small rodent creature that was apparently called Milby was told she could accompany the quest and in some form of either being over-excited she brought out a waystone and disappeared, presumably to the site of the mission. The image of a small rodent facing down trolls wasn't one that looked like it'd go in the rodent's favor, especially not alone. "Someone should go after her right?" Farren said obviously not quite accustomed to the sort of instant teleportation waystone's could provide. He was in the process of getting out his own waystone to do just that.

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Yahhah Yahhah Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Uasal Uasal
"Someone should go after her right?" Farren said, blissfully unaware of what awaited.

Azalea gave a long-suffering sigh, the thorns in her hair all tangled up as she rubbed the bridge of her nose. "You're better off saving that concern for whatever mess she's made." Given the chinchilla couldn't read, it was doubtful she'd ended up anywhere near the target outpost, but it didn't mean some other poor settlement wasn't going to get caught in the crossfire. "You'll need a waystone before you can go after her anyway. If you'd please wait here."

When Azalea returned from the back room it was with an extra satchel in hand that she handed to Farren. "It's like I explained yesterday, think of the item you want to retrieve when reaching into the bag. Do the same with the waystone location and use your magic to activate it. So long as the destination is recorded on the map it will transport you to an area in that locality." It wasn't always exact, and the further from the guild they travelled the less accurate it became, but Mercantis shouldn't be too much of an issue. Azalea inclined her head as she listened to Vas'on's response and left Farren to investigate his new items.

"Dama is fine. The vampires were handled easily enough, nothing the two of us couldn't handle." But-? He still sounded offput about something. "I spend a little too long fighting my opponent and suddenly she's "upset" with me. Perhaps you can get more out of her than I could." And that would be it. Vas'on and Akel weren't nearly as childish as some of their younger counterparts, but they sure had their days.

"Unless she's annoyed you made her wait, I'd say there's part of the story you're leaving out," she said.

"She should be along soon, had to take care of a few last minute things and sent me ahead."

"Hmm." Being left behind on a hunting mission would salt on the wound, Azalea suspected. "You'd best hold off on departure then. Milby is an issue, but Farren should at least meet Akel if he's going to be joining in on the mission."

The Wizard
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars

The Wizard entered the doors of the guild hall with a relaxed look on his face. Blowing out rings of smoke and watching them fade from existence was a fun way to ignore his pains. Making his way over to the desk. He found both Azalea and Kathlyn manning their stations. Taking them time with greet them. The Wizard knew they'd probably question why he had come back looking like he was being held together by bandages and prayer. "The Wizard has returned from his questing. As you are no doubt aware by now. The Wizard partook in the effort to stop the evil plants. After attending to some private business in the woods. His next adventure brought him face to face with a massive swine creature. Although it was a powerful foe. The Wizard edged out a victory. However this has incurred several broken ribs, two large stab wounds, arm and leg fractures in addition to a myriad of other injuries. As such, The Wizard would very much like to be directed somewhere where he may receive healing. King Turkey still lives and The Wizard must be ready to slay him when the time co-UGH!" said The Wizard as he managed to convey his usual dramatic flair before puking up blood onto the floor. How he still had ANY blood was a complete mystery. Despite this, he still made sure to receive his quest rewards first. Then he pulled something out of his bag that he'd been saving. Handing it to Kathlyn while attempting not to meet her gaze. The Wizard handed her a bunch of yellow flowers preserved in a magic vase. These were the flowers he'd taken from the plant monster on the plant quest. The vase was a gift from a hermit he found in the woods. "The Wizard... wished to thank you for your kindness..." uttered The Wizard before he collapsed on the floor

1637783222228.png
Akeldama Vlad Aldea Mayer
Silver Rank Blade Dancer

A flash of light would announce the return of Akel to the guildhall, her crimson eyes void of any and all emotion much like her stoic and pale face. Not that one would have long to view such a thing for mere moments after she had appeared in blinding light she once again vanished in shrouding shadows. Snaking along the hall walls Akel moved in the overcasting shadows that were so prominent in a candlelit room such as the main hall. Although this was Akel's usual approach to navigating the hall she had a specific reason to do so this time around, specifically the fact she wanted to avoid Vas'on as much as possible. Not that it wasn't obvious to the man where she of all people would go to hide. Still the shadows were where Akel lay hovering close to Azalea in a shadow of her own.

Listening in Akel apparently had shown up at just the right time, for not a moment later did she hear her name come up in conversation. A conversation she quickly pieced together the meaning behind. From how Azalea spoke it was obvious Milby, Vas'on and this Farron individual had taken on a quest. With the mention of her own name and the l.ater confirmation from Azalea, it was made even more clear that Vas'on expected she would be joining him on this quest, whatever it may be. What was also made clear was the fact Vas'on had intended to depart without her. How interesting!
Rising from a dark pool in the ground Akel moved a cold hand to Azalea's shoulder and gazed down at the man she called her best friend. Speaking coldly, her bloodlust seeping into every word, Akel addressed the man from aside Azalea "I suppose you expect me to bark and wag my tail now? Perhaps 'give you paw'? Like a loyal dog that is... one that follows its masters every command" Trailing off Akel quickly turned her head to the Wizard who had suddenly collapsed having coughed up some of his blood. Eyes glowing dimly Akel's grip on Azalea tightened as she returned her gaze to Vas'on "That poor little wizard seems to have collapsed in a pool of his own blood... a shame it was him"
Sylph Sylph Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Yahhah Yahhah Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Farren
Mentions: Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Sylph Sylph

It didn't take long for more adventurers to appear, first a woman who looked to be covered in plant life she explained Farren's circumstances and asked about someone that Farren couldn't claim to recognize. Another much smaller shape appeared in a flash of fluffy gray hair, it looked like some kind of rodent Farren had yet to see before. It spoke about a troll quest which was eventually also brought up by the orcish fellow that introduced himself as Vas'On. "Sounds like you've got something lined up to beat on then, and yeah thanks. Just hope to prove I fit in the rank I got put in" Farren said to Vas'On and the woman after they both mentioned his rank and of course the first bit as a response to the half-orc's humor. "Trolls then, I'd like to join you on that if you could use an extra pair of hands. Never fought trolls before but there's a first time for everything". Vas'On was certainly right, cutting off a regeneration factor on any opponent was always good, and it could usually be done with fire.

It was at that point that the small rodent creature that was apparently called Milby was told she could accompany the quest and in some form of either being over-excited she brought out a waystone and disappeared, presumably to the site of the mission. The image of a small rodent facing down trolls wasn't one that looked like it'd go in the rodent's favor, especially not alone. "Someone should go after her right?" Farren said obviously not quite accustomed to the sort of instant teleportation waystone's could provide. He was in the process of getting out his own waystone to do just that.
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Yahhah Yahhah Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Uasal Uasal
"Someone should go after her right?" Farren said, blissfully unaware of what awaited.

Azalea gave a long-suffering sigh, the thorns in her hair all tangled up as she rubbed the bridge of her nose. "You're better off saving that concern for whatever mess she's made." Given the chinchilla couldn't read, it was doubtful she'd ended up anywhere near the target outpost, but it didn't mean some other poor settlement wasn't going to get caught in the crossfire. "You'll need a waystone before you can go after her anyway. If you'd please wait here."

When Azalea returned from the back room it was with an extra satchel in hand that she handed to Farren. "It's like I explained yesterday, think of the item you want to retrieve when reaching into the bag. Do the same with the waystone location and use your magic to activate it. So long as the destination is recorded on the map it will transport you to an area in that locality." It wasn't always exact, and the further from the guild they travelled the less accurate it became, but Mercantis shouldn't be too much of an issue. Azalea inclined her head as she listened to Vas'on's response and left Farren to investigate his new items.

"Dama is fine. The vampires were handled easily enough, nothing the two of us couldn't handle." But-? He still sounded offput about something. "I spend a little too long fighting my opponent and suddenly she's "upset" with me. Perhaps you can get more out of her than I could." And that would be it. Vas'on and Akel weren't nearly as childish as some of their younger counterparts, but they sure had their days.

"Unless she's annoyed you made her wait, I'd say there's part of the story you're leaving out," she said.

"She should be along soon, had to take care of a few last minute things and sent me ahead."

"Hmm." Being left behind on a hunting mission would salt on the wound, Azalea suspected. "You'd best hold off on departure then. Milby is an issue, but Farren should at least meet Akel if he's going to be joining in on the mission."

View attachment 934074
Silver Rank Blade Dancer

A flash of light would announce the return of Akel to the guildhall, her crimson eyes void of any and all emotion much like her stoic and pale face. Not that one would have long to view such a thing for mere moments after she had appeared in blinding light she once again vanished in shrouding shadows. Snaking along the hall walls Akel moved in the overcasting shadows that were so prominent in a candlelit room such as the main hall. Although this was Akel's usual approach to navigating the hall she had a specific reason to do so this time around, specifically the fact she wanted to avoid Vas'on as much as possible. Not that it wasn't obvious to the man where she of all people would go to hide. Still the shadows were where Akel lay hovering close to Azalea in a shadow of her own.

Listening in Akel apparently had shown up at just the right time, for not a moment later did she hear her name come up in conversation. A conversation she quickly pieced together the meaning behind. From how Azalea spoke it was obvious Milby, Vas'on and this Farron individual had taken on a quest. With the mention of her own name and the l.ater confirmation from Azalea, it was made even more clear that Vas'on expected she would be joining him on this quest, whatever it may be. What was also made clear was the fact Vas'on had intended to depart without her. How interesting!
Rising from a dark pool in the ground Akel moved a cold hand to Azalea's shoulder and gazed down at the man she called her best friend. Speaking coldly, her bloodlust seeping into every word, Akel addressed the man from aside Azalea "I suppose you expect me to bark and wag my tail now? Perhaps 'give you paw'? Like a loyal dog that is... one that follows its masters every command" Trailing off Akel quickly turned her head to the Wizard who had suddenly collapsed having coughed up some of his blood. Eyes glowing dimly Akel's grip on Azalea tightened as she returned her gaze to Vas'on "That poor little wizard seems to have collapsed in a pool of his own blood... a shame it was him"
Sylph Sylph Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Yahhah Yahhah Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

[Interactions: Farren, Azalea, Akeldama]
[Mentions: Milby, The Wizard]

"Milby" Vason sighed softly as she vanished "Bravery in abundance that one" he grumbled before looking at Azalea and Farren "Azalea is right. Getting to know the group you are going to be apart of is just as important as picking the right mission. Some groups go really well together, others clash over religious differences, physical differences, even magical preferences. Some work well but disagree on certain things." he said to the new member "I'll get the paperwork filled out and make sure everything is set up right" he then sighed "There is always more to a story, but it's not always..." he paused as Akeldama appeared from the shadows, his brows lowering before he slowly stood up and leaned towards her.

"Not a Dog. More of a Cat. Adorable and Dangerous in equal measure, always going where she wants and always willing to strike out when she's displeased, especially with those that care about her" he grinned though it didn't reach his eyes "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have paper work to fill out, a Wizard to pick up, and a Copper Ranked hyperactive rodent to fetch before she gets herself killed in a silver ranked mission" he pushed passed her "Don't want to come? Then don't come." he grumbled as he walked over to The Wizard, gently lifting the man up despite his anger at Akeldama. He took the man to the back area where they kept beds for injured members. There he could be tended to by the more healing inclined members...also, it kept the blood further from Akeldama. He trusted that she wouldn't lose control, but after being exposed to his blood, she had to be on the edge, no point in giving her more temptation.

Once the man was settled in, he moved to get the paperwork. He'd done this enough times by now that he could be a receptionist...if he didn't find the job unbearably boring.​

Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
Kathlyn riffled through some papers, occasionally stopping to more carefully read a heading or two before continuing. She had gotten quite used to the work at the guild hall by now, granted things had calmed down considerably after a tumultuous first few days. She looked up at the by now familiar sound of the doors opening, ready to greet whoever was coming in. "Welcome b-" The cheery greeting died in her throat as soon as she saw the state that the member was in.

"The Wizard has returned from his questing." Kathlyn shot up from her chair behind the front desk. "What happened to you?!" She exclaimed. The wizard didn't seem to really be paying all too much attention to her words but it seemed like he had been planning on recounting his experience anyway.

"As you are no doubt aware by now. The Wizard partook in the effort to stop the evil plants. After attending to some private business in the woods. His next adventure brought him face to face with a massive swine creature. Although it was a powerful foe. The Wizard edged out a victory. However this has incurred several broken ribs, two large stab wounds, arm and leg fractures in addition to a myriad of other injuries. As such, The Wizard would very much like to be directed somewhere where he may receive healing. King Turkey still lives and The Wizard must be ready to slay him when the time co-UGH!" Kathlyn rushed forward, pressing her handkerchief into one of his hands. "I'll take care of your injuries, please try to not move too much." She calmly explained.

"The Wizard... wished to thank you for your kindness..." She accepted the flowers and hastily placed them on the counter. "That's really kind but you shouldn't be moving right now, let alone giving me-" Her sentence was cut short by a dull thud. She spun around on her heel and crouched down next to the wizard immediately.

She quickly studied the visible injuries and was ready to start treatment when Vason approached. She let him pick the man, whose age she didn't know but he didn't seem that much older than herself, up from the floor carefully and followed the two of them to the back area after grabbing her supplies.

She gave Vason a sharp nod as thanks before dragging over a chair and sitting down next to the injured wizard. She took a deep breath. Okay, first things first, healing the external injuries and stopping the bleeding. She raised her hands, now enveloped in a soft green glow and gently touched the stab wounds, letting her magic slowly do its work.

As soon as the bleeding stopped Kathlyn whirled around and grabbed her bag of holding, she would take care of smaller wounds and scrapes later. Reaching inside she pulled out some of her standard painkiller, learning how to use her bag of holding had tremendously improved her working speed compared to rummaging around in her backpack for everything. She carefully poured it into the man's mouth, he wouldn't feel any pain while unconscious but chances were high he would wake up soon and Kathlyn wasn't taking any risk on it being while she was in the middle of fixing his broken bones.

Before that though and before the painkiller kicked in she had one more potion to make. She quickly set her cauldron down on the table behind her and slipped her goggles over her eyes. Please be there, please be there She sighed in relief when she was able to pull both of the ingredients that would take a long time to process from scratch out of her bag of holding, mentally patting herself on the back for never slacking off on preparation where possible.

Because of her preparation she only needed a minute or ten before she carefully poured the shimmering red contents from her cauldron into a small bowl and without wasting any time pouring it into the mouth of her patient. The potion would promote blood formation which meant that the biggest concern of the wizard bleeding out was no longer an issue.

She sighed in relief. Now for the hardest bit. While her patient was no longer in any immediate danger of bleeding out his rather impressive amount of broken bones was still a concern. Kathlyn stretched her hands, healing bones wasn't nearly as easy as healing other wounds. She would have to physically set the bones in their proper place and hold them there while using her magic to fix them up.

She popped a strawberry flavored mana tablet in her mouth, her mana was undoubtedly going to be drained given the difficulty of healing bones and the amount of work she had to do. "Well, here goes." She softly muttered to herself. Her patient would probably be waking up soon and she wanted to get the most painful bones done before that, even if he was on painkiller the feeling still wasn't pleasant.

Farren

Interacting with: Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
In a bit of eagerness to head off it seemed that Farren had made two massive lapses in judgement that he realized very quickly. He did not in fact have a waystone and he was being far too hasty, there were of course the two more experienced guild members there to correct him on both. "Those are both pretty good points," Farren conceded pretty quickly and accepted the stone that was handed to him by Azalea and tried to remember the explanation he'd gotten the day before but she was kind enough to repeat parts of it. "Sounds simple enough but I'll be careful with it nonetheless." Farren said with a nod and took a moment to inspect the stone whilst listening to Vas'on's explanation of how a team should work. He spoke of complimenting abilities and that made him realize that he didn't know what the other's specialities were. Of course Vas'on and Milby had looked to be physical fighters, sort of on Farren's same wavelength but he didn't know much about this Akel individual. He was going to speak about the matters of a good team composition when another individual walked in who looked like they'd been through actual hell and ended up collapsing on the floor.

Of course it didn't take long for him to find help but Farren could only wish those treating him good luck. "Hope that guy's gonna end up alright" he mumbled to just about no one in particular. During that scene he hadn't noticed another person appearing, a woman with glowing eyes. Farren was not at all sure what to make of that but there was certainly something... Off... about her. Those good old were-creature instincts were pointing that out loud and clear. Farren couldn't quite put a finger on it though. He assumed there'd been an exchange between her and Vas'on that he hadn't picked up on due to the wounded fellow's entrance. "So, you're the Akeldama I've been hearing about? Nice to meet you, name's Farren. Are you planning on heading on that troll quest with us" trying to put that advice on getting to know folks you might work with to work.

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Uasal Uasal Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Yahhah Yahhah
Azalea watched the young wizard stagger over to the front counter, unwinding the constrictive vines from around her arms as she watched him... converse, with Kalthyn. Azalea figured she would be of little use, turning her gaze back to Vas'On as she ignored the restless shadows nearby. Akeldama would show herself if pleased, but forcing her into it rarely ended well.

"There is always more to a story," Vas'On rumbled, discontent. "But it's not always..."

They trailed off, gaze focused to the side as Azalea registered the added weight on her shoulder, glancing down at the pale hand."I suppose you expect me to bark and wag my tail now?" Akel said, voice like the sharp edge of a knife. They had a hand on Azalea's shoulder and based on the pressure they were exerting, it would have hurt quite a bit if there were nerves there. "Perhaps 'give you paw'?" Akel continued, "like a loyal dog that is... one that follows its masters every command."

Something had definitely occured on that mission. Akel radiated bloodlust as Vas'On's chair scraped back. Azalea stared mildly up him as he glowered at Akel, teeth bared in something that wasn't a smile. "Not a Dog. More of a Cat. Adorable and Dangerous in equal measure, always going where she wants and always willing to strike out when she's displeased, especially with those that care about her."

The grip on Azalea tightened, keeping her in the rather unfortunate space between Akel and Vas'On. She might've been affronted, but if it kept Akel from doing something rash then she could tolerate being used as a shield. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have paper work to fill out, a Wizard to pick up, and a Copper Ranked hyperactive rodent to fetch before she gets herself killed in a silver ranked mission."

"Iron ranked," Azalea mentioned as he stalked past. The chinchilla had thrown herself at enough quests to twist Azalea's in the matter. "Though it would be good of you to do damage control." She worried more for the safety of those nearby than the actual state of the rodent. Being able to burrow underground gave Milby all sorts of advantages when it came to survival.

"That poor little wizard seems to have collapsed in a pool of his own blood... a shame it was him."

Azalea turned abruptly, following Akel's gaze to the unconscious lump and small pool of blood Kathlyn was fussing over. Azalea's stance eased as Vas'On hefted the wizard into the air, moving them to one of the back rooms to be treated, Kathlyn hot on his heels and trying to work at the same time.

"Hope that guy's gonna end up alright,"
Farren said, having wandered over from examining the new gear. They eyed Akeldama with a certain degree of wariness, though given the amount of bloodlust the woman still radiated Azalea wasn't surprised. "So, you're the Akeldama I've been hearing about? Nice to meet you, name's Farren. Are you planning on heading on that troll quest with us?"

Azalea inclined her head, curious as to what the answer would be in light of their... conversation. "I can arrange something else if you would prefer."

The Wizard
Interactions: Key of Stars Key of Stars

Awaking to the feeling of bruised ribs and a hoarse throat. The Wizard coughed a bit before pressing his hands to his temples. Everything was a bit hazy and confusing. So his first action was to try and get a good view of his surroundings. With his vision beginning to clear. The Wizard found himself in what appeared to be a backroom of the guild. Tapping away at his head to try and jog his memory. The last thing that The Wizard was able to recall was gifting his flowers to Kathlyn. It would seem the severity of his wounds had caught up with him. It was then he noticed said Kathlyn working some kind of magic on him. He had overheard that she was a healer of some kind. Someone must have arranged to move him after his loss of consciousness. Noting that he wasn't entirely healed yet. The Wizard could only smirk as he still felt an aching in his body. "Are you finished yet? This patient is experiencing some discomfort" said The Wizard with a dry wit to mask his pain. While he was still hurting a bit. He could have had a worse view to look at while getting patched up. This was probably the first time someone had ever looked at The Wizard with such concern on their face. It was actually felt quite nice. He was used to people not caring if he turned up dead. At the orphanage and then at his work as a librarian. Nobody had ever worried about him. "You know if you furrow that brow anymore... it might stick" remarked the injured magi. It was here that Kathlyn could see that he had dropped the overdramatic tone of voice.

1638344103115.png
Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Akeldama's grip on Azalea loosened once Vas'on had made his departure and her bloodlust dissipated quite quickly thereafter. Crossing her arms Akel let out a soft sigh "That elven tongue of his... I don't know whether to take his words as complimentary or insult.". Turning her gaze to the one she now knew as Farren Akel spoke monotonously, her expression cold as stone "I am she yes. Akeldama, Silver Rank Bladedancer. I specialise in swift and precise attacks, weighing more on agility and adaptability over physical defence." Moving a hand to her scabbard Akel motioned for the man to take a look at the long and lightweight blade she had attached to her hip "I use a katana in battle alongside shadow magic.". Releasing her scabbard with a soft pat Akel moved to offer the man a hand to shake "It's a pleasure to meet you, Farren".

Turning to Azalea thereafter "No, it's fine. I'll take on whatever quest it is Vas'on has lined up. If I didn't, I would never hear tell of the end of it." As Akel finished her piece she mutter quietly to herself under breath "Besides if I left him alone and to his own devices he might run off with a she-troll...". Speaking up once more Akel addressed something rather concerning "Also, perhaps my hearing is out of sorts but did you really say Milby and Iron in the same line?"
Sylph Sylph Yahhah Yahhah Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back