• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild Stone ((Old Questing Thread))

deg1sdj-c3e3f23c-0e4e-4d28-a601-df51c4a35e4d.png
Ymir
Mentions:
Key of Stars Key of Stars
"That certainly sounds like her, group dynamics huh... I'm not sure about the standard or official definition for a group but then again, when have we ever cared about the standard way to do something?"

Well, once upon a long time ago--she might've, but those days were in the dust. The present was a far more interesting place.

"The two of us are as non-standard as they come. If you ask me, two people make for a perfectly acceptable group." The paragons of the journey being better than the destination. Neither of them preferred to fight, really. There were far more interesting things to do.

Ymir nodded along, examining the walls around them where between the remnants of frozen adventurers, the contours in the ice formed smooth and layered waves. She listened as Leo continued, though her gaze drifted elsewhere. "A proper expedition team, that sounds like a thrilling way to spend my life. You can play the role of diligent and efficient captain-"

Diligent?
She blinked, grinning back at Leo. We're in trouble if I'm the diligent one.

"-and I'll be your devilishly handsome vice-captain," he declared. Ymir snorted, cutting back on a laugh that would echo too much in the winding chambers. A perfect combo. They'd be sure to charm whatever wildebeast came after them next. "Count me in. If you'll have me in your team that is of course, captain."

He turned to her with a mock salute. She grinned, returning it with similar gusto. "But of course. You best be prepared for hell though, vice." The realms beyond the human land were filled with all sorts of threat.

Hmm, vice? Vice-C? Vic? She decided his name sounded better. Neither of them were suited to stuffy titles.

"I guess we'll see how this one goes. Let's go kick the ass of whatever is up there before that cackling drives me mad. It's horribly out of tune."

"Aye! That's one fiendish cackle." Ymir's eyes flickered with magic as she came to a stop. She paused as if to consider something, before the eager grin returned and she clapped her hands together. "Well then- first order of business. How are you with buffering your fall from a drop?" Skipping forwards, she slid to a stop at the corner before the path dropped off completely. "Seems like there's a cavern below this. I think--think there might be water at the bottom-" Her eyes flared as she concentrated. Things that flowed were tricky to pinpoint, especially when they were so far down. "Wouldn't count on that to break the fall though."

Another round of cackling echoed out of the icy depths. Ymir pulled a face. That's gonna get annoying.

defgobf-822de872-52bd-4631-a768-f2c103cef167.jpg
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Vol Vol Uasal Uasal
Tyron had grimaced when the bones scattered along with the slime, ignorant to the fact there had been two skulls rolling to a stop amidst the aftermath. The muscles in his arm cramped with the aftermath of his magic. It wasn't an unanticipated outcome, but what he didn't expect was the sphere of light that remained, pulsing in the air where their chest had been. That almost looks like...

A soul. It had to be, though he'd never seen one before. Tyron doubted the mage would have left any residual magic. It hovered and pulsed where Zion's chest would have been, lingering though its body had long since disappeared...

The rift. Tyron blinked. He had been taught about them, though there was little that they knew. As far as he was concerned, they were nothing but a blight on the land. Threats that needed to be contained before they brought disaster. He'd heard nothing of souls lingering within them. Perhaps because they were partly connected to a realm where souls resided...

His hand fell to his sword hilt when the bones began to rattle. He turned, anticipating an attack as they lifted off the ground--

They passed harmlessly by, pulled towards the floating ball of light by some invisible force--turning, spinning, adjusting--until the skeleton of a body began to form. Alarm flared in his chest as he realised what was happening. They're being reanimated--

"Zion, can you move? is your soul chamber damaged?"

Goddammit it!

The witch rushed forwards as he began to draw his blade, placing herself in the way. She seemed completely unaware of the danger she was in. Bodies didn't just begin to reassemble themselves. Whatever higher power was at work had sunk its claws into the remains of the battlemage--no matter what attachments she had, that body wasn't what she remembered--

"How's your mana, are you low? Talk to me. If you need mana I can donate more than enough."

The corpse tried to lift an arm, before it broke off and a plume of blue smoke poured from its mouth in place of a howl. Not moments later the bones reattached themselves, compelled by a magic beyond its ability. "I'm no medic but you were in there for quite some time. Be careful your bones are bound to have weakened considerably-"

Witch-! There was a limit to how much stupidity he could take.

Tyron stepped forward, grabbing a fistful of the too-large cloak and wrenching her away from the corpse as it had begun to sit up. The thing was not their companion any longer, no matter her delusions. Would it take getting half her face bitten off before she realised?

"Are you insane?" he snapped, keeping a firm grip on her cloak as the undead body began to reach for pieces of its armour. Its movements were sluggish, methodical. Its attention devoted to that one task. "Whatever sorcerer is commanding these hordes has taken over the body. You can't do anything for him now, unless you intend to put him to rest."

And something about the way she had addressed the undead corpse, as if it were still a he and not an it, told him she wouldn't be up for such a task.

Last edited:
defgkat-65ec8d23-395f-4913-b0af-c8ff03cb88d6.png
Azalea Gibraltar
Interactions:
Mentions: Vol Vol Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
“Well, uhm, I was hoping to mostly stay here in the building. I can provide potions and salves to people before they depart and provide additional healing magic treatment when they return.”

Well, it wouldn't be unhelpful to have such a service. Most the adventurers had learned to patch themselves up over the years, but there were no shortage of incidents and injuries.

“This one is my own recipe, it soothes headaches for at least 24 hours and I can whip it up in less than 10 minutes. I know headaches aren’t exactly the most revolutionary thing to cure but I always carry this with me because it’s a fairly common problem. You can have this one if you want.”

Azalea took the vial proffered to her. Holding it to the light, she examined the glittering contents as the liquid inside shimmered and swirled. It was soothing to look at. More the pity it didn't solve the source of the headache, unless one considered the vial itself a projectile.

“I know it sounds like I would be more suited to working at a village doctor’s place instead..."
Azalea's gaze returned to the younger half-elf. "But this place has people going on adventures to all sorts of different places, so many new environments, so many new ingredients, so many new medicine possibilities. I don’t require much for payment, I just need shelter, food and money for vials, bottles and other containers for my medicine, those are my only actual expense. I have everything I need to create my medicine with me, that’s why my backpack is that big.”

She certainly lacked nothing for enthusiasm, judging by the size of the bag. It seemed unpleasant to put that weight on such small shoulders, but Azalea didn't dislike the eagerness that shone through. The willingness to carry that burden no matter the cost... ah, but that was just it. The cost.

“I can go on quests if you require me to but I’m afraid your assessment wasn’t wrong, I’m not exactly suited for combat, all I carry in the form of weapons is the knife I use to cut herbs… But maybe I can start a delivery service. You must have some sort of magical flying creature here that can cross big distances right? Maybe I can use those to deliver medicine to people while they are on quests!”

Young, idealistic, perhaps a tad naïve. Brave enough to dream of a different world. Will you think the same way after you've seen its other side?

“And like I said before, I’m also good at administration and keeping stock due to my experience in my father’s shop. I can assist with those things when I’m not making my medicine.”

Azalea passed a hand over her face. Faygo's silent observations, Elias's unspoken concerns, they echoed a truth. She was tired. There were endless tasks, and so few hands to complete them.

"Perhaps..." Azalea said, considering Kathryn's hopeful expression. "I may be in need of an assistant." As things stood, she could not be everywhere she was needed. "I am aware your desire lies in potion-making, but the guild has many healers. Less so, people who are willing to deal with the more tedious side of adventuring."

Azalea turned towards the back of the hall, where the doors led off into the standard guild quarters, and to the side of them locked rooms for storage. "The work I have for you would be at the front desk. We receive many requests for aid and new members, which need to be processed. I hardly have time to manage the finances on top of them." In truth accounting was Azalea's specialty. Somewhere along the way she'd been saddled with the rest of the administrative backlog. "If that is acceptable, then the rest would be provided for. Most staff live in the quarters on the second floor-" Elias being one of the few known exceptions. And Faygo, when he decided to sleep in his barn instead. "And you'll get meals from the kitchen."

Setting a hand against the vines obstructing the storeroom door, she let the tangled brambles recede back into the walls. The precautions had become necessary after certain... omnivorous companion had decided to have a rattle around inside and snack on the contents. "Vials and containers would have to come at your own expense, but you would have payments from the guild, and profits from your medicine should you choose to sell."

Opening the door into one of the various cluttered storerooms, Azalea revealed the dimly lit interior. It was lined with shelves, packed with jars and all manner of stock. Garlands of dried herbs, small pots of mushrooms growing where the light was faint. Containers filled with assorted flora, bowls of covered potpourri, and the bags of seeds all shoved under the counters. The products of her ability mostly, though she had no use for them herself. "You would have adequate amounts of free time. I don't mind if you make use of the guild's supplies for your projects." Elias needed some of the herbs in the kitchen, and most the seed stock was for Faygo's animals. But, those aside, there should be all sorts of materials useful in potion making.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg

Mentions: Sylph Sylph
"But of course. You best be prepared for hell though, vice." Leonidas let out a small laugh, afraid that anything more would make too much sound inside the hollow cavern. “I wouldn’t expect any less than hell from our adventures, soon enough our expedition team will be famous,” He stopped for a moment, tapping his chin in thought. “Or rather, infamous.”

“How about an adventure to the sea sometime? I always thought that the pirate life might be fun, you know, sailing around, drinking a barrel of alcohol each day, wearing eyepatches, singing sea shanties, all that.”
He put one of his hands over his right eye as a stand in eyepatch. “What do you think? Do I look like a hard-boiled seafarer like this?” He asked with a wide grin.

The look on Ymir’s face said enough, he pulled his hand back and pretended to be sulking. “Okay, okay, fine, I get it, maybe I shouldn’t go for the eyepatch.”

"Aye! That's one fiendish cackle." Leonidas raised an eyebrow at that. “Oh so now you’re suddenly into the whole pirate thing.” He mumbled, he was about to repeat the comment out loud when Ymir slid to a stop in front of what seemed like yet another close to bottomless pit.

"Well then- first order of business. How are you with buffering your fall from a drop?” Leonidas revealed a relaxed smile. “I’ve always been one to just jump and hope for the best, I’ll admit though that those times I was always able to see the bottom.” Ymir seemed unfazed by the comment as she continued. “Seems like there's a cavern below this. I think--think there might be water at the bottom- wouldn't count on that to break the fall though."

Leonidas thought for a moment before responding. “I’ll just cook something up on the fly using air magic, the heroic landing I made back there with your glider gave me an idea I want to try out. I was going to try it out on a cliff that isn’t capable of killing me first but I might as well give it a shot now.”

“Unless you have a better plan that is, I’m open to suggestions, I’m reasonably confident in this new idea but if you have a plan that guarantees I don’t end up flat as a gold coin at the bottom of this pit I’m all ears.”
He finished, readjusting the hilt of his rapier, he would need it if he was going to execute his reckless new idea.

1618875970125.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Eiru continued to try and inspect Zion's state while maintaining what distance she could, there could still be acidic residue clinging to his skeletal frame after all. Despite this and with great care Eiru remained by the skeleton's side, eyes carefully reading the flow of mana as Zion repaired himself. As a witch with the spirit attribute, Eiru was no stranger to observing souls but even so she had seldom seen a soul with such powerful regenerative abilities. In fact, Eiru had never seen such a powerful spiritual reaction outside of her homeland. From her inspection, Eiru could tell Zion's mana was in a weakened but stable condition, all things considered, he'd likely be fine to continue with the quest. A fortunate situation indeed considering his light magics' affinity against the necronomic arts. That and Eiru wasn't fond of the idea of losing anyone under her care.

Just as Eiru was about to move to a stand and give Zion room to recover, the prince in red roughly pulled her backward by the cloak, causing the young witch to yelp in surprise. The sudden force knocked the ferrets from her shoulders and they scampered to Zion's side screeching as they circled around the undead to hide from the prince. Once back on her feet Eiru puffed up her cheeks and then pouted, dusting herself off. What the hell was the price yapping on about now! Insanity? Of course, Eiru was insane! As a witch that was kinda the in thing after all. Plus sanity was overrated and made for little advancement when it came to magic.

"Whatever sorcerer is commanding these hordes has taken over the body. You can't do anything for him now, unless you intend to put him to rest."

'Ahhh... He thinks... ohhhh... well this is going to be fun...'. Eiru turned to watch as Zion sat himself up, she blinked in disbelief a few times hoping the realization would hit the prince sooner rather than later but that realization never came, and considering his ineptitude with anything outside the normal royal obsession with war he likely was too stubborn and idiotic to understand the situation anyway. Honestly, how had he not been assassinated yet? They had been traveling with Zion for hours now and he hadn't once thought he may be an undead? How many tell-tale signs did this idiot need?

Falling to her knees over-dramatically Eiru proceeded to hold her head in her hands and sniffle loudly. It was an obvious act but she found it quite amusing and so she continued with a tear-filled exchange "No... Tyron... please. He's still in there! He has to be!". Moving to grab a hold of the prince's leg Eiru continued, tears streaming down her face "We can just leave him here, in this crypt. Please Tyron spare him! He can live out his life... lack of life down here! Please Tyron, I know it's selfish but... BUT I LOVED HIM! WAHHHHHH"

Sylph Sylph Vol Vol

Last edited:
dd06uyv-d96e5e5e-44fd-4b59-ad75-9c71fe05cbe7.jpg
OF UNDEAD AND MEN
Interactions: Tyron Avattica Sylph Sylph / Eiru Eagna Uasal Uasal
Honourable mentions:
Quest: Rescue Mission
Reward: 2000 Coins​

With a click Zion had fastened both of his gauntlets back on his person. He almost looked like an ordinary human, except for the glaring fact that he had a fleshless face. The steel mask he always adorned only encapsulated the front of his visage -- the hood was to cover the rest. It was a shame it was ripped apart from earlier.

His sluggish form did not flinch when the prince in red had tugged the witch away from him, for her "safety" the younger man insisted. Instead Zion toyed with his mask, the notion of it not being glued to his face was a little odd, almost disorientating. It's been too long since he'd been this exposed.

"Are you insane? Whatever sorcerer is commanding these hordes has taken over the body. You can't do anything for him now, unless you intend to put him to rest."

The battlemage remained eerily still. Even the ferrets that jumped over his legs and now cowered at his side from Tyron's exclamation unphased him. His stillness caused by his internal confusion about the this 'control' over his person. Until it dawned on him. Of course the young lord hadn't suspected him to be undead in the first place -- that he had died in the explosion of sound and slime. Reanimated as their opponent.

Zion was slightly proud of himself that he had managed to keep his undead guise under wraps well, especially since this was his first time being part of a group mission. His stoic composure was broken, however, when Eiru suddenly performed her overdramatic display.

No... Tyron... please. He's still in there! He has to be! We can just leave him here, in this crypt. Please Tyron spare him! He can live out his life... lack of life down here! Please Tyron, I know it's selfish but... BUT I LOVED HIM! WAHHHHHH"

Blue smoke billowed from his nosehole and gaps in his fixed grin as his shoulders shook from laughter. It should've been silent since he lacked the vocal chords to make noise, but the sound was like the clacking of two domino pieces and an unwanted draft in a forgotten attic space. His unnatural laughter continued as he slowly stood up, only to abruptly stop when Zion snapped his face towards the lordling.

The undead adventurer took a step forward, arm outstretched, but thought better of it since Tyron's blade was out and ready to strike if he made any unnecessary advances. Instead he chose to stay where he was, albeit nudging the ferrets that pooled around his feet a bit away from him.

'The witch is right. I'm still, well, me , in a sense. Seems like the curse plaguing this region is not affecting me and I'm not entirely sure why.' Zion's telepathic echo was stronger now, though a bit shaky at parts. He paused for a moment before uttering a hollowed whistling noise -- a resigned sigh. Unfortunately it just was not in Zion to play jester, particularly for something as important as this. Important to himself.

'That is...half a lie. I do know why it's not effective, and that's possibly due to the reason that I...' Another second to gather words and thoughts, 'am under a similar curse. Have been for a long time. But by a different caster.' Zion wrung his hands, somewhat strained in this continuous telepathy. Eiru was not processing any of this as it was only directed to the Avattica noble, so the enchantress would just see her skeletal companion gesturing awkwardly.

'I will not hurt you. I know our objective remains the same; rescue the scouts and get out. But I did not take this mission for the sole sake of good will. I'm simply looking for answers. Please. Do not make this any more difficult for me.' The last sentence was quiet, softer. A genuine plea.

Last edited:
Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png
Mentions:
Sylph Sylph
"Perhaps..." Kathlyn’s eyes lit up, she had already braced herself for rejection. "I may be in need of an assistant." Kathlyn was both overjoyed and slightly disappointed at the offer. Nonetheless, she absolutely intended on taking it, she would do anything to work in a place with connections to as many different areas as the guild. "I am aware your desire lies in potion-making, but the guild has many healers. Less so, people who are willing to deal with the more tedious side of adventuring." She supposed that made sense, how could a guild such as this not have many capable healers available already, Kathlyn would have liked to think she had every single one of them beat when it came to making medicine but she also knew that judging others without ever seeing their skills made little sense. “I’ll accept!” She responded eagerly, realizing belatedly that she hadn’t even heard the full description of what her job would entail yet.

She followed behind Azalea as she walked to a locked room down the hall. "The work I have for you would be at the front desk. We receive many requests for aid and new members, which need to be processed. I hardly have time to manage the finances on top of them." Kathlyn nodded in thought, she could do that, she was used to working behind a counter in her father’s shop and how different could working a front desk possibly be?

"If that is acceptable, then the rest would be provided for. Most staff live in the quarters on the second floor-" She paused briefly, making Kathlyn wonder if there was also staff that chose to not live in the guild hall and you'll get meals from the kitchen." Kathlyn couldn’t stop herself from smiling, an arrangement like this was exactly what she had been hoping for, she nodded enthusiastically. “Yes that sounds great!”

They stopped in front of a particularly heavily barricaded door. Kathlyn looked on with interest as Azalea made the plant barricade disappear into the wall. "Vials and containers would have to come at your own expense, but you would have payments from the guild, and profits from your medicine should you choose to sell." Selling her potions, truth be told, Kathlyn hadn’t really thought about it before, she had come here expecting to make potions as her job, not to make money off of them. She thought about it for a moment before slightly shaking her head, she wouldn’t sell her potions, perhaps she would ask the client to cover the cost of the ingredients and the container but nothing more.

Kathlyn stepped into the storage room after Azalea, letting her eyes glide over the various different herbs, mushrooms and other potential ingredients. She felt like a kid in a candy store, eyes sparkling as she practically bounced over to one of the jars to her left. They even have void ivy, I’ve only ever been able to experiment with this once before. She shifted her gaze to the jar next to the one filled with the purple-blackish leaves. She didn’t recognize the flowers inside at first glance so she made a mental note to look it up as soon as she had free time. This has to be what heaven is like right? So many rare and even unknown plants.

"You would have adequate amounts of free time. I don't mind if you make use of the guild's supplies for your projects." Azalea’s voice snapped Kathlyn out of her fixation on the various shelves in front of her. “Yes, thank you ma’am! Should I call you ma’am? Or do you prefer Azalea? Or boss?” Kathlyn rattled off a list of ways to address Azalea, unsure of how she should address her now employer.

“I have a few more questions if you don’t mind. Where should I brew my potions? In the quarters on the second floor? I don’t want to disrupt the other staff you see.” Kathlyn asked, walking back from the storage room next to Azalea. “Also do I have to go through some sort of training for the work at the front desk? Or is there some sort of guide book? Do I just go with the flow?” Kathlyn hadn’t noticed it herself but she had been talking almost non-stop ever since the storage room, she had a tendency to get overly talkative when excited and ever since she had seen the plants in the storage room she had been more excited than ever before.

Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Uasal Uasal Vol Vol
Tyron had been keeping his eye on their undead, former-companion, when the sound of snifflingstarted up behind.

To the blasted hells- She was a gold rank. Had she really not seen anyone die on the field before?

"No... Tyron... please. He's still in there! He has to be!"

He could safely guarantee her they weren't. The shrivelled husk of a person slowly reattaching pieces of their armour was barely hanging together. The slime has stripped them so thoroughly of flesh they made a century old skeleton look fat—and Tyron had seen quite a few skeletons by this point.

He was jolted from his disgusted appraisal by something grabbing hold of his leg. His grasp flew to his sword, expecting the small and bony grasp of a skeleton—

All he saw was the top of a wide, purple hat.

"We can just leave him here, in this crypt." Was she really crying while hanging off his leg? "Please Tyron spare him! He can live out his life... lack of life down here!" His brow irked, arms hovering in the air as if she were some kind of bomb. How did he get stuck with the stupidly emotional one? He wanted the silent, efficient one instead-"Please Tyron, I know it's selfish but... BUT I LOVED HIM! WAHHHHHH"

He really had nothing to say to that. His expression twitched between several grades of irritation. Of course she had to bein love with them. Tyron regretted going on a mission with others at all. Once this was over he was going back to solo work—

'The witch is right.' Tyron stiffened, turning as best he could with the sniffling leech attached to his leg. His sword was already half out of its scabbard when he realised the undead wasn't moving. Simply staring at them... as well as a corpse could with shrivelled eyes.'I'm still, well, me , in a sense. Seems like the curse plaguing this region is not affecting me and I'm not entirely sure why.'

The voice in his head paused, continuing more soundly as they regained strength.

'That is...half a lie. I do know why it's not effective, and that's possibly due to the reason that I...' Another second to gather words and thoughts, 'am under a similar curse. Have been for a long time. But by a different caster.'

Tyron was largely caught up in the utter grotesqueness they'd been turned into, but the words gradually registered. A curse cancelling another out. It wasn't unheard of, or even uncommon. Perhaps it was the nature of the rift that things didn't die, or the condition of the curse. Either way, it didn't appear to be the work of the necromancer. The battlemage was as brief and eerily silent as ever. Apart from the bone showing where ragged cloth had once covered, they seemed largely unbothered by their condition. As if nothing had changed at all.

'I will not hurt you. I know our objective remains the same; rescue the scouts and get out. But I did not take this mission for the sole sake of good will. I'm simply looking for answers. Please. Do not make this any more difficult for me.'

...fine.
He shook the witch off his leg, sheathing his sword as he shot her a disdainful glance. "There," he said. "Your lover's alive." The idea of kissing a corpse was repulsive at best, but love was supposed to conquer all things. Movement caught his Tyron's eye as he turned to the stairs. Glancing over he swore he saw something like a shadow move near the pillar. All that remained was the bleached skull that had come to a stop on the ground, rocking ever so slightly until it reached a standstill.

"...let's go," he said eventually, ruling in favour of an immediate departure. They'd been in the catacombs for long enough. "I'm getting sick of this smell."

1618875970125.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

In all honesty, Eiru found the reactions of the prince to be more than hilarious and with every shake of his leg and disgusted glare he shot her it became harder and harder for the witch to continue her charade. Eiru however continued to grasp at his leg for as long as she could, sniffling through the sickening feeling her inner laughter now caused her stomach. Sure Eiru was being thoroughly entertained by her own actions and the prince's reactions but more importantly her sparatic actions prevented the prince from interrupting zion's reconstruction. Although Eiru couldn't hear what Zion was saying to the prince she could more or less assume what was being said. Although not certain it was only logical that he would attempt to convince the prince he was still an ally. However, what Eiru did not expect was the -princes quick acceptance of the fact. Didn't he hate the undead? Wasn't this nation, specifically the military strongly opposed to undead races and the necronomic arts? SERIOUSLY? Was Tyronn sick?

Moving to a stand Eiru wiped the tears from her eyes and took a few deep breaths to settle her stomach. Once she had finished and had composed herself she moved to offer the skeleton her shoulder to lean on if it was so necessary. Not wanting him to break down again save Tyronn change his mind. Looking toward the Prince Eiru offered a soft smile and then a chuckle "well... alive wouldn't be the scientifically correct term. But alas for your heroic actions here today Tyronn and your compassion shown I'll be sure to save you a front-row seat at our wedding." Offering Zion aid with securing his mask Eiru continued quietly chuckling to herself again before speaking "But do remember a gift. It would be most uncourteous for a wealthy family like yours not to offer one. Especially when the arcane family would spare no expense on such a magnificent day.".

Eiru found the whole ordeal hysterical. Tyronn was so easy to wind up and on top of that, the entire idea of a witch being wed was hilarious to a witch from Tir na Nog. More so Eiru found the idea of herself being wed hilarious and completely ridiculous. None the less the witch did well to not crack up on the spot, instead moving to follow the prince aside Zion.

12748cb9a94bc2840bd388ff5475d30e.jpg

6 FEET UNDER
Honourable mentions: Angora Guile (KillerChinchilla)

"There, your lover's alive."
A visible head tilt from Zion. The soul fire within his ribcage played shadows across the eyeless sockets of his skull and casted a faux squinting look. He commended the young noble to be serious when the stakes called for it, but there can only be so much one could take before realising a jest -- a prank, even. Perhaps being bombarded by so much of the unnatural and uncanny really watered down Tyron's humour. Whatever speck he had left.

Atleast one of the trio had boundless cheer in this unpredictable time. Even if the running gag had Zion sheepishly rubbing his weathered jaw with a gloved hand.
"Well... alive wouldn't be the scientifically correct term. But alas for your heroic actions here today Tyronn and your compassion shown I'll be sure to save you a front-row seat at our wedding."
The enchantress, as helpful to the undead battlemage as ever, actually clicked the mask back on to conceal his skeletal visage. He palmed the steel for a moment. It's cold embrace familiar and almost comforting. He looked around the floor for the remains of the hood that would cover the rest of his head -- ah, there it was.

He gently toed one of the ferrets off the tattered cowl and picked it up, handling it like junk fished from the bottom of a lake. It was in pitiful shape than before, torn away from its cape counterpart and there was more holes. But out of habit he tied it back around his neck and the fabric rested atop his naked skull. Almost as if nothing changed.

"But do remember a gift. It would be most uncourteous for a wealthy family like yours not to offer one. Especially when the arcane family would spare no expense on such a magnificent day."

Zion politely waved off Eiru's offering of her shoulder -- she really liked to do that, didn't she? Even back in the wooden fortress with Commander Angora. He didn't have the 'heart' nor much of a bother to tell her to quit it though. 'Did not peg you to be the type to be into necrophilia, missus Eiru.' The battlemage figured he should put his own two cents in, not entirely disliking the running gag.

" ...let's go. I'm getting sick of this smell."

He looked over to the princeling and did not miss his burdened shoulders and a hollowed look in his usual intense eyes. Zion was grateful that Tyron accepted his situation with efficiency, but of course, out of convenience not nicety. This would be a long in-depth discussion to be held for another time, if he knew the noble enough. A fine soldier...

The ferrets, sensing that there was no more danger in the immeditate proximity, resumed their scampering. Up the stairs that held the most light in the chamber. A possible exit, or another death trap.

Either way there were answers to be sought within.

DEEPER INTO THE CATACOMBS: DUNGEONS

Players: Tyron Avattica Sylph Sylph / Eiru Eagna Uasal Uasal / Zion (Me)​

The trio of adventurers had managed to infiltrate the outpost riddled with shambling corposes and reanimated dead, through an underground passage. Said tunnel situated them below the fortress, and here Tyron Avattica recognised it to be for the buried of merchants from the Solmar Region and miners deceased from the work done there. All three had managed to escape a wave of undead that were alerted to their presece in the catacombs, with the combination of Eiru Eagna's magic altering Zion's summoned light scimitars. However they encountered another mishap with a necrotic slime, and thus Zion's true condition was revealed to the noble -- though the witch already had known.

Now onwards, with their lithe ferret guides, they descended further into the abandoned Solmar outpost.

The sight that greeted the trio was another underdark; the dying embers of feebly lit torches illuminating bits and pieces. What hung above them was not just sturdy stone, but chains. Dozens and dozens of chains looped together before attaching to the top corners of holding cells; the mechanisms used to possibly lift up gates to shove their prisoners inside or to set them free.

Further in the chamber was too dark for those with no darkvison to see, but a few curled in shapes could be made out in some of the holding cells, shifting in response to new arrivals. Their captors and/or torturers, they assumed. So far the space seemed unguarded...or the prison wardens laid in wait in the dark.

에나 on Twitter.jpeg
Minma Gate

Minma rubbed his nose a few times reliving an itch. As he did so, a figure appeared behind Themisto. Minma hardly reacted. He only turned his head to face the figure and not to his surprise she handled the threat accordingly. "Well, that was a close one!" Minma gave a nod of approval and a smile that showed how impressed he was one on his face. Being around people with such abilities made him want to do more. To reach higher and strive.

Minma was concerned when the figure disappeared. It was an illusion but that wasn't the scary part. The fact that it was powerful to act on its on is what is impressive. "Let's start making our way to the fortress, if we're going to find the one at the source of all this it will most likely be there." Minma adjusted his shirt and said "Understood." He figured it was about time to make there move. They've gathered any information that could from there spawn point but now it was time to unravel this horror scene.

"Stay alert, I doubt the one behind this will simply let us walk to his fortress." As they walked Minma's senses keenly kept survey on the area. His thoughts were filled with unanswered questions.

Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Vol Vol Uasal Uasal
"well... alive wouldn't be the scientifically correct term. But alas for your heroic actions here today Tyron and your compassion shown I'll be sure to save you a front-row seat at our wedding."

He didn't deem to respond to that. The scowl he fixed her with said enough of his thoughts. Like hells I'd ever attend such a thing.

"But do remember a gift. It would be most uncourteous for a wealthy family like yours not to offer one. Especially when the arcane family would spare no expense on such a magnificent day."

She missed the part where he wouldn't be going. Tyron turned to the stairs with a sneer and began stomping his way up. The melted sections of it were an issue, but the black globs of slime were no longer present to pose a serious risk.

As the trio of adventurers proceeded up the stairs, the shadows around the room began to morph. Dark ichor emerged from the cracks and hollows. No longer with any need to hide they began to converge on the bleached skull that had fallen near one of the pillars. Cracked, but intact. The entity grew slowly in height and mass, until it towered almost as tall as it once had.

The eyeless skull inside the slime stretched around in the direction of the stairs. Its gelatinous body quivered, beginning to glide towards the path the trio had taken.

The catacombs had reeked of must and lingering death, but the dungeons were arguably worse. Rot and suffering clogged the air in fetid mire. The place reeked of bodies that should long since have been buried.

Tyron examined the area they'd walked into with dispassionate eyes. The cells weren't filled with the living. Rather, it was undead that clawed at the bars of their holding. Bodies sentient enough, it seemed, to feel pain and nothing more. His hand fell to his scabbard as he considered whether it was worth wasting the energy to relieve them of the burden of their existence. He might've if it weren't for one of the ferrets perking up and with a small screech of excitement careening off down the hall.

It dodged any of the bony or flesh-strapped hands that grasped for it--the inhabitants desperate to sate their hunger for food and warmth--before several feet ahead of the group the ferret took a sharp turn and disappeared around the corner. Tyron stopped dead as he rounded the same turn.

The white ferret had its ears back, hackles raised, teeth sunk into the tail of the brown ferret to hold it back. The latter was trying to rush forwards, excited by something in the hall. A figure that stood in front of one of the cells, talking quietly to the inhabitants before they'd noticed the commotion down the end of the hall. They wore the lightweight armour of the kingdom guard, but as they turned there was something off in the expression.

"Ahh, and that would be the cause." The (warden?) smiled, narrowing his eyes. "One... two, three. What a small force." Their hands clapped together, but his gaze shared none of the delight in his smile. "You must be the ruckus I heard about in the lower levels."

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Key of Stars Key of Stars Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
The girl was eager to accept even before knowing the terms. Azalea ran her through them anyway. It was an endearing quality, but such a thing could lead to blind mistakes.

“Yes, thank you ma’am!" They announced at the end. "Should I call you ma’am? Or do you prefer Azalea? Or boss?”

"Azalea is fine, but you may call me as you wish." Titles were a strange thing at the guild. She'd been addressed by so many different ones.

“I have a few more questions if you don’t mind. Where should I brew my potions? In the quarters on the second floor? I don’t want to disrupt the other staff you see.

"Your quarters," she said. They had little in the way of spare room inside the hall, and of course brewing potions in the kitchen was a recipe for disaster. "There are also the gardens out back, if you need open air." They weren't exactly pretty. Most of the bushes were overgrown and half the plants liked taking bites out of visitors, but anything less meant they would be trampled and ruined by training adventurers or Faygo's creatures.

Also do I have to go through some sort of training for the work at the front desk? Or is there some sort of guide book? Do I just go with the flow?”

"I'll show you how things work," Azalea said. "For now just focus on settling in. You must have had a long journey." And the bag she'd brought with her certainly didn't look light. "We've had somewhat of a mishap in the kitchen, but our cook Elias might be able to make you something to eat."

Mentions: Sylph Sylph Vol Vol Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
"Azalea is fine, but you may call me as you wish." Kathlyn smiled. “Okay! Azalea it is then.” She responded in a cheerful tone.

"Your quarters," Kathlyn nodded, she would have to try to not make messes quite as big as the ones in her room back at home. "There are also the gardens out back, if you need open air." That might be interesting, Kathlyn made a mental note to compare the two locations and pick the one best suited to her potion making later.

"I'll show you how things work,” Kathlyn inwardly heaved a sigh of relief, she was confident she would be able to do the work behind the front desk as long as she was shown the basics. “For now just focus on settling in. You must have had a long journey." Now that Azalea mentioned it, Kathlyn did feel pretty tired and her shoulders were pretty sore.

"We've had somewhat of a mishap in the kitchen, but our cook Elias might be able to make you something to eat." The mention of food instantly made Kathlyn perk up, she was also eager to meet some of her co-workers in the kitchen now that she would be working with them every day. Before that though, there was one thing that she wanted to confirm. “That would be great! One moment though please.” She told Azalea, walking over to where she had dropped her backpack.

She dug around in the filled backpack for a moment, pushing various empty and filled vials and bottles aside before pulling out a green leather bound book. She flipped the pages until she arrived at a specific page. ‘Potion to slow blood loss’ the elegant letters in her father’s handwriting at the top of the page read, and directly behind it was something scribbled in less elegant but to Kathlyn even more familiar handwriting ‘Kathlyn enhanced version’.

She let her eyes glide over to the list of main ingredients. I should have everything I need, I can finally finish it now that I have more void ivy. She snapped the book shut with a satisfied smile and tucked it back into her backpack.

She followed Azalea into the kitchen. Ignoring most of the mess she focused her attention on the two others present. “It’s nice to meet the both of you! I am Kathlyn Silva, healer and expert in all things medicine, but from today onward I’ll be working here as miss Azalea’s assistant.” She introduced herself to the others with a beaming smile.

6 FEET UNDER
Honourable mentions:
As the witch and red soldier cautiously walked ahead to follow the wake of their ferret guides, Zion slowed his pace and brushed his hand against the rusty but sturdy cell bars of each cage he passed. Some undead hands grasped at his boots and glove, but their strength did not match their vigorous hissing and moaning. Prisoners that probably passed away down here must have been brought back to the brink of what could substitute as "living". A cruel joke -- to be freed only to come back to the cell they perished inside.

He wasn't a saviour, perhaps not this time. All he could offer them was his sympathy.
Zion pulled away from the cages and trudged behind his companions, a looming shadow behind them.

He stopped right before he could bump into Eiru and Tyron but he was unable to see what they were seeing since he hadn't rounded the corner. Though he did not miss the voice that reverberated down the corridor; someone living and intelligent enough to communicate.

"Ahh, and that would be the cause. One... two, three. What a small force. You must be the ruckus I heard about in the lower levels."

The battlemage poked his head from the corner, easily towering above the heads of the other two, and spied the figure by the end of the corridor. He took note of their uniform, tattered but recognisable -- the insiginia familiar to the ones back in Angora's fortress. Zion glanced at the fretting brown ferret and the metaphorical gears clicked in his mind.

He held a finger to tap the prince in red's shoulder but paused before he could make contact. Tyron was too jumpy for Zion's liking, so instead he communed through thoughtspeak: 'Might be one of our hostages. But something's off about him.'

Zion eyed Tyron 's hand that always seemed to be hovering just above a scabbard of sheathed blade. 'I assume you're better at negotiating than I would be. Let's not start another fight.' His last words ached from the recent experience of just being put back together.

Klein EshwaldKlein Eshwald Small.jpg

Mentions: SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Minma Minma
"I mean, that is a very wide range of conceptual energy. I really wa--" Themisto stopped mid-sentence causing Klein to raise an eyebrow, he was interested in what she had to say but he figured there was no need to question it, if she wanted to share a theory or idea she would do so.

"If he doesn't let us in, we can always brute-force it or find a exploitable weakness in his magic, like those proxies" Klein nodded. "I'm not all too worried about not being let in, after all, no matter how life-like these illusions are they should still be able to be destroyed. I'm more worried about what we'll encounter on our way to the fortress, there's no telling how many of them and how complicated these illusions can get but if the whole fortress can be maintained as an illusion I'm not willing to bet on our enemy running out of illusions anytime soon." Klein said as they rounded the corner into a new street.

If one counted the corpses and destroyed and smoldering buildings as part of the normal decor for a destroyed town like Gaenet the street looked normal at first glance. However, as Klein and his companions walked along he began noticing slight abnormalities. Corpses would occasionally ever so slightly move their limbs, eyes would subtly lock on to him and slowly follow him, sometimes their jaw or whatever was left of it would move and Klein would briefly hear an unintelligible word or two.

The first few times a corpse moved Klein had immediately reacted, binding the corpses with his string just out of caution. After a while though, he had started to ignore them, the abnormalities becoming part of what he considered normal, a very unnerving normal. The further along the street and the closer to the forest they got the more frequent the abnormalities became. Lights would flicker behind windows that had long been broken, doors would snap shut even if their hinges had completely burned away. Sounds common to a lively town would occasionally appear, children shouting, merchants promoting their products, the sound of hooves on the street, before fading out again just as quickly leaving the one who heard them wondering if they were even there.

Klein had no problem imagining the townsfolk slowly being driven to insanity or death by illusions like these, a vicious cycle of increasingly more bizarre and disturbing scenes combined with the deaths of their family, friends and destruction of their homes. Had it not been for Klein's years of experience and generally somewhat stoic personality he might even have been affected by the atmosphere himself. Someone who expressed their emotions openly would have a hard time not getting swept up in the insanity that the scenes displayed.

Forcefully repressing the emotions the illusions seemed to attempt to enhance, Klein turned the final corner onto the street that lead to the gate opening into the forest. He narrowed his eyes at the scene before him as he held up a hand to stop Lynx and Themisto from advancing for a moment. At the end of the street, a pile of corpses was propped up against the gate and on top of it lay two dark blue wolves the size of two fully grown men each. As the wolves focused their dark eyes on him and his teammates Klein briefly noted the blood and pieces of cloth still stuck between the sharp line of teeth. "You two focus on the one on the left, I'll take the one on the right!" Klein shouted to his companions, readying his cane as the two wolves leaped of the pile and propelled themselves off the street towards his group.

Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Vol Vol Uasal Uasal
'Might be one of our hostages. But something's off about him.'

He could see as much himself, wincing at the sudden voice in his head. Tyron's eyes narrowed as his grasp hovered stubbornly over the sword hilt. He couldn't speak telepathically to the battlemage, though it gave him some comfort that his thoughts remained private.

'I assume you're better at negotiating than I would be. Let's not start another fight.'

He glanced back at Zion, who overshadowed both him and Eiru by a decent margin. It was uncanny that he wasn't affected by his condition. If it weren't for the patches of white bone beneath his eroded cloak, Zion seemed otherwise normal, and two distinct explanations were beginning to form in Tyron's head as to why. He fixed his gaze forward once more. It wasn't so immediately relevant as the entity in front of them, so he would let it be. In the end it only changed how soon their comrade needed to be dealt with.

"Prepare for one anyway," he muttered, just low enough for them to hear. Raising his chin he addressed the figure in the hall. "Are you one of the scouts?"

They grinned, and hells, they had that same cheshire grin that the witch did. Tyron wouldn't have trusted them a dime, even without the ferrets spitting and hissing at his feet.

"What if I am?" they said. Glancing down they wiggled their fingers at one of the small creatures. "Aw come now, don't you recognise your master?"

The brown one seemed particularly distressed, whining and skittering back and forth. The sound of the figure's voice only wound it up more. It keened morosely as they laughed, straightening to address the group once more. Their gaze lingered on Zion, faintly curious, though in the end the edge of their lips turned up.

The distinctive, foreboding sound of mire and sludge gathered behind them, slime filtering in through the walls and cracks to block off the tunnel behind. "Well then, are you lot meant to be the rescue party?"

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Key of Stars Key of Stars Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Vol Vol
“That would be great! One moment though please.” Azalea watched as Kathryn set down her bag, rummaging through it for an old, leather-bound book. She seemed satisfied with whatever was inside and stowed it away. They headed to the kitchen next, where Faygo and Elias were still dealing with the mess left behind. Azalea held the door open, letting Kathlyn duck inside first.

“It’s nice to meet the both of you! I am Kathlyn Silva, healer and expert in all things medicine, but from today onward I’ll be working here as miss Azalea’s assistant.”

She glanced around while Kathlyn made her enthusiastic introduction. Faygo had, for some inconceivable reason, released the incarnation of chaos from its bindings and was letting it dangle off his crab-like arm. Azalea fixed him with a warning glare, expecting a comment on the situation and fully prepared to take away his new project if it annoyed her enough. She couldn't taste one thing from another these days, but she had a feeling she'd find some degree of satisfaction out of a stew with that particular crab in it.

"Elias," she addressed, turning to the cook. "I'd like for you to make something once introductions are finished. Get her to patch you up if you need, but she's had a long journey." There were still a few stray things lying around, but the staff had been working to get the kitchen back in order.

Glancing back at Faygo, she narrowed her eyes. "And not a peep out of you." He'd been persistent in trying to get her to reduce her workload, despite all of her refusals. If he made so much as one comment about it she'd be revoking his crab licence, effective immediately. "Make sure to introduce yourself, then meet me back in the hall. I'll need some help fixing this roof."

It still had the hole in it from the demon crashing through a couple days ago and while the extra light was nice, she didn't want to deal with the damage when it next rained.

deg1sdj-c3e3f23c-0e4e-4d28-a601-df51c4a35e4d.png
Ymir
Mentions:
“I wouldn’t expect any less than hell from our adventures, soon enough our expedition team will be famous.” He stopped for a moment and she glanced back with a grin. “Or rather, infamous.” It would be indeed. Perhaps for more troublesome reasons than most. Ymir turned back ahead, though his next words stopped her dead in her tracks.

“How about an adventure to the sea sometime?"

The sea? Of all things. Why did he jump straight to that?

No. She resisted shaking her head. Not way, not a chance. The sea was the one thing. A gaping maw of unknown, indiscernible depths stretching onto the horizon and down into crushing blackness. Where you were at the mercy of unpredictable tides- "I always thought that the pirate life might be fun, you know, sailing around, drinking a barrel of alcohol each day, wearing eyepatches, singing sea shanties, all that."

Well, that part was fine. He carried on seemingly without notice as Ymir kept herself a step ahead of him. It was never fun for her when her ability didn't work. Liquids and solids blended together into one formless, shifting mass that she couldn't make sense of. Anything could be beneath it, and she was too used to knowing what was around each corner. "What do you think? Do I look like a hard-boiled seafarer like this?”

She paused at the question, finally turning to see him grin with a hand over his eye. Her expression soured, and he huffed in indignation. Why would you ever want to obscure your vision?

“Okay, okay, fine, I get it, maybe I shouldn’t go for the eyepatch.”

That's- She fixed her expression, turning away as he mumbled something else. No, that's right.

"Aye," she had said instead, quick to switch the topic. Leo seemed to sulk over it, but he was vexingly apt to pick up on things he shouldn't otherwise. The next obstacle--well, stepping stone really--was up ahead and Ymir skipped forward to reach it a little before he did. Undoing the clasps holding her cloak together she briefly explained what was beneath, letting him figure out the rest himself. He didn't need to know about those other doubts.

To his credit, Leo didn't seem as worried as he had at the top of the ravine. A new idea had struck him and Ymir grinned more easily as he described it in loose terms. Unless you have a better plan that is, I’m open to suggestions, I’m reasonably confident in this new idea but if you have a plan that guarantees I don’t end up flat as a gold coin at the bottom of this pit I’m all ears.”

Hah. "Nope." Her entire system revolved around new ideas, and his adaptability seemed to suit it. Flicking her cloak out, she grabbed onto the metal loops embedded in the corners, two in each hand, and checked the drop once more. He wouldn't end up flat fortunately, just very wet and cold in the large pool of ice-water. Not a huge issue, so long as he was a stronger swimmer than her. "See you down there."

Her makeshift parachute caught most her weight as she dropped off the edge. Contrary to her initial impression, she didn't need her ability to see where the outline of the water was. A border of what seemed like glowing algae made it easy to guide herself to the bank, shoes crunching into a mixture of slush and permafrost as she shook out her cloak and fastened it over her shoulders once more. The glow from the lake illuminated most the cavern, stretching to the far walls and even across the roof as water drained from tunnels worn into the ice. It was quite stunning, really. A warm yellow suffused through greenish-blue walls.

A little down the way there was what seemed to be a small hut. Ymir already knew there wasn't anyone inside, and so she crouched near one of the colonies, dipping the corner of her cloak into a patch of water and watching it come out coated in the luminescent film. Eventually her attention strayed up to where Leo would be dropping in from the ceiling.

Part of her hoped his new idea wouldn't make too much noise. The rest of her knew that at this point it didn't matter. The echoing cackles from the tunnels had gone eerily silent on her arrival.

Last edited:

A DASH OF RADIANCE
Honourable mentions:

"Prepare for one anyway,"
He would had thrown his hands up in the air out of exasperation if he could. But he didn't, because this was not the time to show that their entire team of three lacked a concrete plan on how to extricate the scouts. He suppose it was his fault, in a way, that he didn't suggest such a thing to counteract the possibility if one of the said scouts had turned to the opposite force.

"Something something" about not being a "behind-the-scenes man" tickled the back of his mind, a new keyhole with a blocked(?) memory behind it.

What if I am? Aw come now, don't you recognise your master?"

How the brown familiar reacted to the foreboding figure nailed their theory down into the woodworks. The smile they offered did not look friendly -- enlightened in a way, but of the insane kind. Half of Zion's body remained hidden by the corner; the hand that rested against the dusty wall curled in itself. Specks of light slithered past the gaps between his glove as it shook with the magic it tried to contain.
"Well then, are you lot meant to be the rescue party?"

Zion's mask faced their goal head-on but his mind had wandered to the noise that made its way slowly down the entrance from whence they came from. At first he assumed some of the prisoners had managed to knock down their cell door, but upon recognising it was sounds suction and wetness struck him like a slap.

'Fuck. It's back.' Despite the rising alarm he was feeling, the thoughts were heard in its normal uninterest -- a tone of finality. Tyron may not know what he could had been specifying but that didn't matter. There was only one way to go.
The slime may busy itself with the unfortunate damned that were trapped in cages, a painful ending but freedom sought nonetheless. The undead battlemage was not going to take another chance with it.

A ball of light sat snugly on his hand, having finished being formed. Upon closer inspection it was not just a ball, but a circular grenade; it's translucent mould filled with whizzing electric blue light. Light from his magic is harsh but not as strong when combined with another source. But it's all he had and to maim was not his intention.

Zion took a step back, throwing arm pulled back taut like a bowstring.
'Close your eyes.' He managed to tap into Eiru and Tyron's mentalspaces before he threw the light grenade towards the scout.

A blinding explosion of crackling blue engulfed the corridor. The squeal of the ferrets mingled with the raspy gasps of whoever the unstable scout had been talking to earlier.

Using this opportunity, the undead adventurer roughly shoved the prince and enchantress aside so he could rush forward to tackle their adversary, each step taking him further away from the slime.

Zale Liron
Zale sulked into the hall head down pulling their hood up more in an attempt to cover the badly blacked eye they were spotting. This isn't their first and it wouldn't be the last. This time how every it had led to them being permanently kicked out of their orphanage. It wasn't like they hadn't already been trying to leave and trying to get the guild to take them on full time. And not just use them as a runner when the needed things from town. This time through the black eye had been from a bigger and clearly stronger kid. Shadow’s nose was just visible in the hood but only if they knew the black rat was there. Zale slid up to the desk and tapped softly waiting for someone to notice. “They kicked me out” he muttered, “Can I sign up now? Or do you all still think i’m a kid.” zale said looking across the desk.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg
Mentions:
Sylph Sylph
"Nope." Ymir smiled before turning around. "See you down there." And with that, she jumped off the edge, her parachute carrying her to the bottom of the pit at a safe and comfortable pace. Leonidas couldn't help but wish he had a parachute himself, especially as he went over his plan one more time in his head, realizing it sounded increasingly more ridiculous the closer he was to executing it.

Taking one final deep breath he pulled his rapier loose from his belt and crouched down at the edge of the drop. Alright, here goes nothing. He stabbed the rapier into the wall of the cliff, kicking it a few times with his foot to make sure it was secure before shuffling himself over the edge.

As soon as Leonidas went over the edge and lost all of his previous support, putting all of the strain of holding up his body on the arm holding on to his rapier, he strongly regretted ever trying out this plan. At this point though, he couldn't go back even if he wanted to, and the fact that he had not immediately let his hand slip off the hilt of his rapier gave him a tiny bit of reckless confidence.

Holding his other hand behind him, creating small gusts of wind in his palm to keep him stuck to the wall, Leonidas slowly slid down the wall, repeatedly stabbing his rapier into the wall for support. If the wall had been made of normal rock instead of ice Leonidas would have had little skin left by the time he made it down due to the friction but the ice wall made for a surprisingly smooth sliding experience.

At roughly three-quarters of the way there, Leonidas's doubt about his new method had completely vanished, replaced with confidence and pride. As he stabbed his rapier into the wall once again and shifted his weight onto it he heard a crack that had been absent all the previous times. He looked up at the small crack that was forming around the spot where he had stabbed his rapier into the wall and instinctively raised his other hand up to regain stability, failing to realize his other hand was still producing small air blasts. "Shit!" A single word was all Leonidas had time for as he accidentally propelled himself off the wall, barely able to grab hold of his rapier to make sure it didn't stay stuck in the wall.

Leonidas hit the ground next to the lake with a hollow crack. For a moment he just lay there before pushing himself up with a groan, failing to notice the fact that his hair had taken a dip into the lake and was now half coated in luminescent algae. Leonidas cursed under his breath at the throbbing pain in his shoulder and raised his other hand towards where Ymir was watching him. "Please refrain from laughing for just a moment." He said through gritted teeth.

"A melody to trick my brain, should get rid of all this pain." He recited, instantly feeling the pain in his shoulder fade away. Only then did he grab onto it and put it back into place with a pop that made a little too much sound for his liking as it echoed through the cavern. He turned to Ymir with a grin. "Now you can laugh."

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Guild Hall]​

Thump. Thump. Thump. Heavy footfalls appeared outside the doors to the Guild Hall before the doors were pushed open revealing the large green skinned beast of a man that Vas'On was, his twin great-swords strapped into a large X against his back. Electricity crackled across his skin before he shook his head, discharging the built up charge into the ground harmlessly before he stepped into the Hall, turning his eyes to gaze upon the various assorted people gathered there. A few of the newer people were reaching for their weapons, the only thing giving them pause was the silver tag hanging from his neck.

A silver ranked adventurer wasn't the rarest sight, but he was certainly an imposing one. Vas'On paused for a moment as he looked at the ceiling before shrugging and walking over to an empty table, unstrapping his swords and resting them against the wall neatly. He didn't need to watch them really, there were very few people who could lift them and those who could he trusted with his life.

He took a seat and relaxed, his entire demeanor changing as he did so. The Half Breed man didn't let down his guard often, but when he was in the Guild, he felt far more relaxed than he usually did. A life of fighting, while enjoyable, was exceptionally stressful at times. The people at the Guild knew what he liked and a large, hot mug of...tea? was brought to him. Many people would expect him to like some sort of alcoholic beverage, but he enjoyed the aroma of a nicely brewed mug of tea.

He'd relax for a bit, perhaps catch up with some acquaintances, then he'd be back out there.

IT'S FREE SKY LIGHTING
face.png
Interactions: Kathlyn Silva Key of Stars Key of Stars / Azalea Gibraltar Sylph Sylph
Honourable Mentions: Elias Allard Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

While the Chef took his time with Faygo's request to be convinced to partake in the mission (which the Beastmaster would reject politely regardless) he had been toying with the crab that he had pinched between his own pincer.

The animal that nestled comfortably on his feet suddenly perked up upon smelling an unfamiliar scent that mingled with the one that smelled like wood and grass. Effy's scaled snout nudged the boot of her owner in an attempt to alert him of the arrival of a newcomer -- a meaningful but futile effort. The lady in question entered the kitchen with a cheerful demeanour that was a stark contrast to the forest nymph that was just behind her.

“It’s nice to meet the both of you! I am Kathlyn Silva, healer and expert in all things medicine, but from today onward I’ll be working here as miss Azalea’s assistant.”

Faygo froze mid-tickling the now irritated crab, but the smile still came easy. His grin grew slightly wider when he felt the daggers that Azalea's eyes dug into him. He wondered what he had done to warrant that glare...

"An assistant? Fancy that." He hummed at the coincidence. Pleased that Azalea finally realised her well-being was something she also needed to work on, and also that Kathlyn seemed to radiate such a welcoming presence with that freshly hatched naivety.

"Elias, I'd like for you to make something once introductions are finished. Get her to patch you up if you need, but she's had a long journey."

Another piercing stare which Faygo's smile did not waver, despite a single drop of sweat that crawled down the side of his face.

"And not a peep out of you. Make sure to introduce yourself, then meet me back in the hall. I'll need some help fixing this roof."

The beastmaster wrung his hands, uttering a quick 'oops' when he realised that he swung his new beastie upon doing so.
"Mixed signals there, Azalea, but a'right, I'll catch up to you in a sec." He said smoothly as he repositioned the writhing crab into the crook of his pincer-hand so the shell was trapped between his grip. The weaponised crustacean swung in efforts to slash at anything, most favourably at Faygo, but it's range was cut short.

"It's real swell meeting you Kathlyn -- can I call you Kath? Anyways, I'm Faygo and I run the Bestiary that's a while ways from the main building here." Faygo jabbed his thumb towards a direction that would've looked random to those that didn't know where the creature holding was. "Oh and this is Effy; she don't bite but--"

As if on cue, the Rattlebun slithered towards the healer. She sniffed around her shoes, her legs, moving in circles around ehr newfound interest as she tried to familiarise herself with Kathlyn's scent. Suddenly a split forked tongue licked at the leather of her boots.
Faygo whistled low and with a click of his tongue, the creature pulled back. But she did not to return to the beastmaster, rather just exited lazily through the kitchen door that was pushed open by an entering staff member.

Faygo put on a pout in mock rejection.
"She's her own Rattlebun, that one. Reckon she likes you enough, though."

When he felt satisfied with his quick introduction, the beastmaster slightly tipped his hat with his normal hand in farewell. He passed her one last smile, back to its normal lopsided one, before following after his animal companion.
"I'll catch you another time, Kath!"

Under his breath he mumbled, "I handle creatures, not roofs. What's Azzy thinkin'?"

"I'm very proud of you for getting a successor." Faygo said as soon as he arrived by her side. A casual jest that held an underlying sense of relief and genuine concern. Clearly he did not understood that it was a type of subject that Azalea had not wanted him to bring up, but hey, that's what friends were for.

He raised an ordinary hand to shield the harsh but soothing rays of the sun that filtered through the decent sized hole of the roof.

Elias Allard

1619883279330.png

“I don’t think that would be necessary, sir. I can’t really force you, let alone convince.”

Closing right then after. Azalea’s leave made his feet move on their own. The crab was captured but still can’t shake the fact of the encounter. Simply on standby, he walked with Faygo to catch up on the scribe.

To his surprise another new face had appeared within the Guild hall. They were only gone for a minute and another one had shown up. Not anything too new to him but he was a little indifferent as they made their way to the women. Simply awaiting for their cue into the conversation. The newcomer was young, perhaps even younger than the previous one whom came in earlier morning. Projecting a decent smile for the newcomer, especially with a transition from the green skinned woman.

“Greetings, I am Elias, Elias Allard. I am one of the cooks for the guild. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Silva. Always happy to see a new face around. Especially with such a elegant smile as yours.”

His deep low voice did not hide his concealed frustration, nonetheless the delivery was still fair enough to come off as friendly. It’s a pretty busy morning and he’s already thrown off his chair to start moving.

Mentions: Vol Vol Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Sylph Sylph Starwalker123 Starwalker123 (Just mentioned)
"It's real swell meeting you Kathlyn -- can I call you Kath? Anyways, I'm Faygo and I run the Bestiary that's a while ways from the main building here." Kathlyn smiled, he ran the bestiary, that made sense, she had already expected him to not be part of the kitchen staff based on his clothes and the fact that he was holding what looked like a living crab in one of his hands. "You can call me Kath if you like." She answered with a smile. Her few friends back home had also always called her Kath and Kathlyn had become quite fond of the nickname.

"Oh and this is Effy; she don't bite but--" Kathlyn looked at the creature with interest as it came towards her. She slightly crouched down, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "Hey little buddy, it's nice to meet you as well." She giggled as the creature licked her boot. "I don't think my boots taste good, they've been through a lot on the way here."

She watched the small creature leave the kitchen with a smile. "She's her own Rattlebun, that one. Reckon she likes you enough, though." "I'm glad, I have a soft spot for most animals." Kathlyn replied.

"I'll catch you another time, Kath!" Kathlyn gave a small wave as Faygo left the kitchen. "Yes I'll see you around!" She said enthusiastically.

Kathlyn turned to the other person present. “Greetings, I am Elias, Elias Allard. I am one of the cooks for the guild. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Silva. Always happy to see a new face around. Especially with such a elegant smile as yours.” Kathlyn's smile became even more radiant at the compliment. "Thank you!" Kathlyn had never really cared all too much about what other thought of how she looked, she was a healer, she didn't have to look as pristine and perfect as the other girls her age. That didn't mean she was immune to compliments though. "Please don't be in a rush to make me something to eat, I can see that you've been through quite the ordeal." She said, gesturing at the small mess still present in the kitchen.

"I still have some food in my backpack so I'll be fine. More importantly, you seem to have quite a few cuts and scrapes. Do you want me to patch you up?" She asked, holding up her hand enveloped in a gentle green glow.

As the kitchen door opened because of a staff member walking in Kathlyn noticed someone standing at the front desk out of the corner of her eye. She was aware it was now her job to get newcomers settled into the guild but truth be told she had no clue how to do it yet. She turned back to Elias. "I'm sorry there is someone at the front desk, if you want me to patch you up you can come to the front desk later, I'll probably be there!" She said before poking her head out of the kitchen door.

She called out to Azalea. "Miss Azalea, there seems to be someone at the front desk. Could you explain to me what I have to do?"

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Key of Stars Key of Stars Vol Vol Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Starwalker123 Starwalker123 Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
The guild hall stretched before her, the kitchen door propped open with one hand as Faygo's words floated after.

"Mixed signals there, Azalea, but a'right, I'll catch up to you in a sec." She let the door swing shut, exasperation belied by amusement. No doubt Faygo liked his creatures for their candor. They didn't send mixed messages when they weren't happy about something, but then their problems tended to be simpler.

A small figure hovered near the front desk, their hood pulled up and darting eyes obscured beneath unkempt hair. They straightened somewhat as she approached, and Azalea had to wonder what they'd gotten themselves into this time.

“They kicked me out,” Zale muttered. “Can I sign up now? Or do you all still think I’m a kid?”

"You are still a kid," she muttered. How could someone half her age be anything else? Even if the eyes of the world viewed it differently--saying they were old enough to fight, they were old enough to survive. All the same, she shifted through some of the papers on the desk, pausing when the young voice piped up behind her.

"Miss Azalea, there seems to be someone at the front desk. Could you explain to me what I have to do?"

Right. She had an assistant now. Azalea turned to include Kathryn in the conversation. "If you're feeling up for it. This is Zale, he's helped deliver things for the guild a few times, but until now he hasn't officially... joined." He'd had a place inside the city, however miserable it might have been. He could have joined a trade, applied for the guard, studied in the academy perhaps. Joining the guild would dash any hope he had of ever not being an outcast... the vivid glimpse of his eyes beneath the robe told her there was no point asking.

"...this is the application form," she said, handing two copies of it to Kathlyn. "You'll need to fill one out yourself. It requires a person's heritage and affinities, among other things. After you've filled it in I'll explain the guild items to you..."

The heavy thump of footfall drew her eyes to the guild doors moments before they opened, revealing the goliath of an adventurer known as Vas'on. The great-swords strapped across his back only added to his imposing height, though Azalea's eyes narrowed in ever-so-faint annoyance as he favoured tromping over to one of the tables over anything else. "Excuse me a moment," she said to the newer members, turning away from the desk. Between them Azalea was sure they could figure out the form. Her business shouldn't take too long regardless.

"Vas'on," she said, her usual, vexed smile tugging at her features. "Welcome back."

She didn't sound very welcoming. No doubt most of the adventurers would be happier to have someone young and friendly like Kathlyn at the front desk over Azalea's terse-at-best greetings. "I'm sure you were just about to hand it in," she said, holding out a ridged, plant-like palm. "But why don't I take that quest report off your hands?"

Poor Vas'on. Azalea had been well and truly beyond reason by the time she'd found who'd been taking out masses of requests and not handing in the reports.

"I'm very proud of you for getting a successor."

Azalea withheld a sigh at the chipper voice that joined them. She supposed it was too much to hope he'd let it go without a word. "Can it," she muttered. The crab was still waving its claws furiously, trapped in the pincir Faygo's arm had become. "They're a healer. Nothing to do with me."

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Guild Hall]
{Interactions: Azalea Sylph Sylph / Faygo Vol Vol }

"Azalea" Vas'On said taking a sip of his tea and scowling at her...oh...no that was a grin "Directly to the point as always" he reached down to a pouch tied to his waist and pulled out a neatly bound scroll of papers "I've learned from my mistakes in the past" he said handing the scroll over "I've done the necessary paperwork to handle my penchant for taking out large amount of quests without turning them in immediately upon completion" it would surprise most that the large half breed was actually quite well spoken, or that his hand writing was neat and well crafted, but Vas'On was a man who attempted to better himself in all ways...well other than his appearance. He'd long accepted that as a loss and just continued to dress as a barbarian. It was easier and better for him in the long run.

"Anything or anyone of note recently?" he gave Faygo a welcoming nod as the man sidled up to the Guild Scribe "Seems I arrived a little too late for the fun" he gave a pointed look at the hole in the roof "Unless I am mistaken and the Guild is now doing radical remodeling?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back