What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild Stone ((Open Adventure))

Sub Genres
  1. Action
  2. Adventure
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Klein EshwaldKlein Eshwald Small.jpg

Mentions: Rex Tesseri Rex Tesseri Minma Minma
"I mean, that is a very wide range of conceptual energy. I really wa--" Themisto stopped mid-sentence causing Klein to raise an eyebrow, he was interested in what she had to say but he figured there was no need to question it, if she wanted to share a theory or idea she would do so.

"If he doesn't let us in, we can always brute-force it or find a exploitable weakness in his magic, like those proxies" Klein nodded. "I'm not all too worried about not being let in, after all, no matter how life-like these illusions are they should still be able to be destroyed. I'm more worried about what we'll encounter on our way to the fortress, there's no telling how many of them and how complicated these illusions can get but if the whole fortress can be maintained as an illusion I'm not willing to bet on our enemy running out of illusions anytime soon." Klein said as they rounded the corner into a new street.

If one counted the corpses and destroyed and smoldering buildings as part of the normal decor for a destroyed town like Gaenet the street looked normal at first glance. However, as Klein and his companions walked along he began noticing slight abnormalities. Corpses would occasionally ever so slightly move their limbs, eyes would subtly lock on to him and slowly follow him, sometimes their jaw or whatever was left of it would move and Klein would briefly hear an unintelligible word or two.

The first few times a corpse moved Klein had immediately reacted, binding the corpses with his string just out of caution. After a while though, he had started to ignore them, the abnormalities becoming part of what he considered normal, a very unnerving normal. The further along the street and the closer to the forest they got the more frequent the abnormalities became. Lights would flicker behind windows that had long been broken, doors would snap shut even if their hinges had completely burned away. Sounds common to a lively town would occasionally appear, children shouting, merchants promoting their products, the sound of hooves on the street, before fading out again just as quickly leaving the one who heard them wondering if they were even there.

Klein had no problem imagining the townsfolk slowly being driven to insanity or death by illusions like these, a vicious cycle of increasingly more bizarre and disturbing scenes combined with the deaths of their family, friends and destruction of their homes. Had it not been for Klein's years of experience and generally somewhat stoic personality he might even have been affected by the atmosphere himself. Someone who expressed their emotions openly would have a hard time not getting swept up in the insanity that the scenes displayed.

Forcefully repressing the emotions the illusions seemed to attempt to enhance, Klein turned the final corner onto the street that lead to the gate opening into the forest. He narrowed his eyes at the scene before him as he held up a hand to stop Lynx and Themisto from advancing for a moment. At the end of the street, a pile of corpses was propped up against the gate and on top of it lay two dark blue wolves the size of two fully grown men each. As the wolves focused their dark eyes on him and his teammates Klein briefly noted the blood and pieces of cloth still stuck between the sharp line of teeth. "You two focus on the one on the left, I'll take the one on the right!" Klein shouted to his companions, readying his cane as the two wolves leaped of the pile and propelled themselves off the street towards his group.

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Vol Vol Swiftshots Swiftshots
'Might be one of our hostages. But something's off about him.'

He could see as much himself, wincing at the sudden voice in his head. Tyron's eyes narrowed as his grasp hovered stubbornly over the sword hilt. He couldn't speak telepathically to the battlemage, though it gave him some comfort that his thoughts remained private.

'I assume you're better at negotiating than I would be. Let's not start another fight.'

He glanced back at Zion, who overshadowed both him and Eiru by a decent margin. It was uncanny that he wasn't affected by his condition. If it weren't for the patches of white bone beneath his eroded cloak, Zion seemed otherwise normal, and two distinct explanations were beginning to form in Tyron's head as to why. He fixed his gaze forward once more. It wasn't so immediately relevant as the entity in front of them, so he would let it be. In the end it only changed how soon their comrade needed to be dealt with.

"Prepare for one anyway," he muttered, just low enough for them to hear. Raising his chin he addressed the figure in the hall. "Are you one of the scouts?"

They grinned, and hells, they had that same cheshire grin that the witch did. Tyron wouldn't have trusted them a dime, even without the ferrets spitting and hissing at his feet.

"What if I am?" they said. Glancing down they wiggled their fingers at one of the small creatures. "Aw come now, don't you recognise your master?"

The brown one seemed particularly distressed, whining and skittering back and forth. The sound of the figure's voice only wound it up more. It keened morosely as they laughed, straightening to address the group once more. Their gaze lingered on Zion, faintly curious, though in the end the edge of their lips turned up.

The distinctive, foreboding sound of mire and sludge gathered behind them, slime filtering in through the walls and cracks to block off the tunnel behind. "Well then, are you lot meant to be the rescue party?"

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Vol Vol
“That would be great! One moment though please.” Azalea watched as Kathryn set down her bag, rummaging through it for an old, leather-bound book. She seemed satisfied with whatever was inside and stowed it away. They headed to the kitchen next, where Faygo and Elias were still dealing with the mess left behind. Azalea held the door open, letting Kathlyn duck inside first.

“It’s nice to meet the both of you! I am Kathlyn Silva, healer and expert in all things medicine, but from today onward I’ll be working here as miss Azalea’s assistant.”

She glanced around while Kathlyn made her enthusiastic introduction. Faygo had, for some inconceivable reason, released the incarnation of chaos from its bindings and was letting it dangle off his crab-like arm. Azalea fixed him with a warning glare, expecting a comment on the situation and fully prepared to take away his new project if it annoyed her enough. She couldn't taste one thing from another these days, but she had a feeling she'd find some degree of satisfaction out of a stew with that particular crab in it.

"Elias," she addressed, turning to the cook. "I'd like for you to make something once introductions are finished. Get her to patch you up if you need, but she's had a long journey." There were still a few stray things lying around, but the staff had been working to get the kitchen back in order.

Glancing back at Faygo, she narrowed her eyes. "And not a peep out of you." He'd been persistent in trying to get her to reduce her workload, despite all of her refusals. If he made so much as one comment about it she'd be revoking his crab licence, effective immediately. "Make sure to introduce yourself, then meet me back in the hall. I'll need some help fixing this roof."

It still had the hole in it from the demon crashing through a couple days ago and while the extra light was nice, she didn't want to deal with the damage when it next rained.

Ymir
Mentions:
Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford
“I wouldn’t expect any less than hell from our adventures, soon enough our expedition team will be famous.” He stopped for a moment and she glanced back with a grin. “Or rather, infamous.” It would be indeed. Perhaps for more troublesome reasons than most. Ymir turned back ahead, though his next words stopped her dead in her tracks.

“How about an adventure to the sea sometime?"

The sea? Of all things. Why did he jump straight to that?

No. She resisted shaking her head. Not way, not a chance. The sea was the one thing. A gaping maw of unknown, indiscernible depths stretching onto the horizon and down into crushing blackness. Where you were at the mercy of unpredictable tides- "I always thought that the pirate life might be fun, you know, sailing around, drinking a barrel of alcohol each day, wearing eyepatches, singing sea shanties, all that."

Well, that part was fine. He carried on seemingly without notice as Ymir kept herself a step ahead of him. It was never fun for her when her ability didn't work. Liquids and solids blended together into one formless, shifting mass that she couldn't make sense of. Anything could be beneath it, and she was too used to knowing what was around each corner. "What do you think? Do I look like a hard-boiled seafarer like this?”

She paused at the question, finally turning to see him grin with a hand over his eye. Her expression soured, and he huffed in indignation. Why would you ever want to obscure your vision?

“Okay, okay, fine, I get it, maybe I shouldn’t go for the eyepatch.”

That's- She fixed her expression, turning away as he mumbled something else. No, that's right.

"Aye," she had said instead, quick to switch the topic. Leo seemed to sulk over it, but he was vexingly apt to pick up on things he shouldn't otherwise. The next obstacle--well, stepping stone really--was up ahead and Ymir skipped forward to reach it a little before he did. Undoing the clasps holding her cloak together she briefly explained what was beneath, letting him figure out the rest himself. He didn't need to know about those other doubts.

To his credit, Leo didn't seem as worried as he had at the top of the ravine. A new idea had struck him and Ymir grinned more easily as he described it in loose terms. Unless you have a better plan that is, I’m open to suggestions, I’m reasonably confident in this new idea but if you have a plan that guarantees I don’t end up flat as a gold coin at the bottom of this pit I’m all ears.”

Hah. "Nope." Her entire system revolved around new ideas, and his adaptability seemed to suit it. Flicking her cloak out, she grabbed onto the metal loops embedded in the corners, two in each hand, and checked the drop once more. He wouldn't end up flat fortunately, just very wet and cold in the large pool of ice-water. Not a huge issue, so long as he was a stronger swimmer than her. "See you down there."

Her makeshift parachute caught most her weight as she dropped off the edge. Contrary to her initial impression, she didn't need her ability to see where the outline of the water was. A border of what seemed like glowing algae made it easy to guide herself to the bank, shoes crunching into a mixture of slush and permafrost as she shook out her cloak and fastened it over her shoulders once more. The glow from the lake illuminated most the cavern, stretching to the far walls and even across the roof as water drained from tunnels worn into the ice. It was quite stunning, really. A warm yellow suffused through greenish-blue walls.

A little down the way there was what seemed to be a small hut. Ymir already knew there wasn't anyone inside, and so she crouched near one of the colonies, dipping the corner of her cloak into a patch of water and watching it come out coated in the luminescent film. Eventually her attention strayed up to where Leo would be dropping in from the ceiling.

Part of her hoped his new idea wouldn't make too much noise. The rest of her knew that at this point it didn't matter. The echoing cackles from the tunnels had gone eerily silent on her arrival.

Last edited:

Vol

Pᴇʀsᴇᴠᴇʀᴀɴᴄᴇ

A DASH OF RADIANCE
Interactions: Tyron Avattica Chinchia Chinchia / Eiru Eagna Swiftshots Swiftshots
Honourable mentions:
Quest: Rescue Mission
Reward: 2000 Coins​

"Prepare for one anyway,"
He would had thrown his hands up in the air out of exasperation if he could. But he didn't, because this was not the time to show that their entire team of three lacked a concrete plan on how to extricate the scouts. He suppose it was his fault, in a way, that he didn't suggest such a thing to counteract the possibility if one of the said scouts had turned to the opposite force.

"Something something" about not being a "behind-the-scenes man" tickled the back of his mind, a new keyhole with a blocked(?) memory behind it.

What if I am? Aw come now, don't you recognise your master?"

How the brown familiar reacted to the foreboding figure nailed their theory down into the woodworks. The smile they offered did not look friendly -- enlightened in a way, but of the insane kind. Half of Zion's body remained hidden by the corner; the hand that rested against the dusty wall curled in itself. Specks of light slithered past the gaps between his glove as it shook with the magic it tried to contain.
"Well then, are you lot meant to be the rescue party?"

Zion's mask faced their goal head-on but his mind had wandered to the noise that made its way slowly down the entrance from whence they came from. At first he assumed some of the prisoners had managed to knock down their cell door, but upon recognising it was sounds suction and wetness struck him like a slap.

'Fuck. It's back.' Despite the rising alarm he was feeling, the thoughts were heard in its normal uninterest -- a tone of finality. Tyron may not know what he could had been specifying but that didn't matter. There was only one way to go.
The slime may busy itself with the unfortunate damned that were trapped in cages, a painful ending but freedom sought nonetheless. The undead battlemage was not going to take another chance with it.

A ball of light sat snugly on his hand, having finished being formed. Upon closer inspection it was not just a ball, but a circular grenade; it's translucent mould filled with whizzing electric blue light. Light from his magic is harsh but not as strong when combined with another source. But it's all he had and to maim was not his intention.

Zion took a step back, throwing arm pulled back taut like a bowstring.
'Close your eyes.' He managed to tap into Eiru and Tyron's mentalspaces before he threw the light grenade towards the scout.

A blinding explosion of crackling blue engulfed the corridor. The squeal of the ferrets mingled with the raspy gasps of whoever the unstable scout had been talking to earlier.

Using this opportunity, the undead adventurer roughly shoved the prince and enchantress aside so he could rush forward to tackle their adversary, each step taking him further away from the slime.

Starwalker123

Zale Liron
Zale sulked into the hall head down pulling their hood up more in an attempt to cover the badly blacked eye they were spotting. This isn't their first and it wouldn't be the last. This time how every it had led to them being permanently kicked out of their orphanage. It wasn't like they hadn't already been trying to leave and trying to get the guild to take them on full time. And not just use them as a runner when the needed things from town. This time through the black eye had been from a bigger and clearly stronger kid. Shadow’s nose was just visible in the hood but only if they knew the black rat was there. Zale slid up to the desk and tapped softly waiting for someone to notice. “They kicked me out” he muttered, “Can I sign up now? Or do you all still think i’m a kid.” zale said looking across the desk.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg
Mentions:
Chinchia Chinchia
"Nope." Ymir smiled before turning around. "See you down there." And with that, she jumped off the edge, her parachute carrying her to the bottom of the pit at a safe and comfortable pace. Leonidas couldn't help but wish he had a parachute himself, especially as he went over his plan one more time in his head, realizing it sounded increasingly more ridiculous the closer he was to executing it.

Taking one final deep breath he pulled his rapier loose from his belt and crouched down at the edge of the drop. Alright, here goes nothing. He stabbed the rapier into the wall of the cliff, kicking it a few times with his foot to make sure it was secure before shuffling himself over the edge.

As soon as Leonidas went over the edge and lost all of his previous support, putting all of the strain of holding up his body on the arm holding on to his rapier, he strongly regretted ever trying out this plan. At this point though, he couldn't go back even if he wanted to, and the fact that he had not immediately let his hand slip off the hilt of his rapier gave him a tiny bit of reckless confidence.

Holding his other hand behind him, creating small gusts of wind in his palm to keep him stuck to the wall, Leonidas slowly slid down the wall, repeatedly stabbing his rapier into the wall for support. If the wall had been made of normal rock instead of ice Leonidas would have had little skin left by the time he made it down due to the friction but the ice wall made for a surprisingly smooth sliding experience.

At roughly three-quarters of the way there, Leonidas's doubt about his new method had completely vanished, replaced with confidence and pride. As he stabbed his rapier into the wall once again and shifted his weight onto it he heard a crack that had been absent all the previous times. He looked up at the small crack that was forming around the spot where he had stabbed his rapier into the wall and instinctively raised his other hand up to regain stability, failing to realize his other hand was still producing small air blasts. "Shit!" A single word was all Leonidas had time for as he accidentally propelled himself off the wall, barely able to grab hold of his rapier to make sure it didn't stay stuck in the wall.

Leonidas hit the ground next to the lake with a hollow crack. For a moment he just lay there before pushing himself up with a groan, failing to notice the fact that his hair had taken a dip into the lake and was now half coated in luminescent algae. Leonidas cursed under his breath at the throbbing pain in his shoulder and raised his other hand towards where Ymir was watching him. "Please refrain from laughing for just a moment." He said through gritted teeth.

"A melody to trick my brain, should get rid of all this pain." He recited, instantly feeling the pain in his shoulder fade away. Only then did he grab onto it and put it back into place with a pop that made a little too much sound for his liking as it echoed through the cavern. He turned to Ymir with a grin. "Now you can laugh."

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld

[Location: Guild Hall]​

Thump. Thump. Thump. Heavy footfalls appeared outside the doors to the Guild Hall before the doors were pushed open revealing the large green skinned beast of a man that Vas'On was, his twin great-swords strapped into a large X against his back. Electricity crackled across his skin before he shook his head, discharging the built up charge into the ground harmlessly before he stepped into the Hall, turning his eyes to gaze upon the various assorted people gathered there. A few of the newer people were reaching for their weapons, the only thing giving them pause was the silver tag hanging from his neck.

A silver ranked adventurer wasn't the rarest sight, but he was certainly an imposing one. Vas'On paused for a moment as he looked at the ceiling before shrugging and walking over to an empty table, unstrapping his swords and resting them against the wall neatly. He didn't need to watch them really, there were very few people who could lift them and those who could he trusted with his life.

He took a seat and relaxed, his entire demeanor changing as he did so. The Half Breed man didn't let down his guard often, but when he was in the Guild, he felt far more relaxed than he usually did. A life of fighting, while enjoyable, was exceptionally stressful at times. The people at the Guild knew what he liked and a large, hot mug of...tea? was brought to him. Many people would expect him to like some sort of alcoholic beverage, but he enjoyed the aroma of a nicely brewed mug of tea.

He'd relax for a bit, perhaps catch up with some acquaintances, then he'd be back out there.

Rex Tesseri

Voidless Abyss
Themisto Pallasi
Mentions: Minma Minma Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford

"I'm not all too worried about not being let in, after all, no matter how life-like these illusions are they should still be able to be destroyed. I'm more worried about what we'll encounter on our way to the fortress, there's no telling how many of them and how complicated these illusions can get but if the whole fortress can be maintained as an illusion I'm not willing to bet on our enemy running out of illusions anytime soon." Neither Themisto, but she had a theory or two about it. "Neither do i, being honest with ya..." -- her mind wanderer, while they travelled along the path and upon encountering the first abnormality she stopped. "Could it be using deceased people as proxies? I mean, magic can be forcibly automatizated if you have something like a disease to vectorize this kind of non-autonomous action...specially if it targets the CNR of the afflicted. That would mean that we are in a somewhat dangerous-to-the-mind field."

While the trio continued to walk, Themisto noticed the eyes targeting them. A whisper came from her lips "I think we being monitored." -- Those who untelligibely talked triggered a weird sensation on the Precursor. "They could be asking for help" she commented. This was a new way to do magic for her, but was magic nonetheless, and as magic it can be analyzed. Her curious eyes jumping across those abnormalities, trying to find a pattern.

When Klein reacted to a corpse moving, Themisto gazed him, and after that, the corpse. 'Could be it?' she thought. "Imma gonna play-a the same game" she said, approximating herself to the string-bound corpse, giving it a ye ol' good slab slap on it's forehead "I will be working twice right now." Her fingers began to touch her Tabula Rasa, and sparkling energy was being cast, letting her Waystone on the ground near the supposedly deceased one. When she lifted herself, a second life-like Themisto appeared, only bound by it's acting range, the Transmission Stone itself.

The further along the street and the closer to the forest they got the more frequent the abnormalities became, and Themisto noticed that. "Ok, the area-of-effect seems a radial one. While my Oibrí do it's thing we walk and when we get close to the origin, i will probably have a weakness analysis readily available" When Themisto experienced that fully built abnormality herself, something clicked in her mind. 'Strength equal Radius to the power of 2 divided by strength plus one' -- she wrote it on her Tabula Rasa, sending it to the Oibrí, who was directly connected to the abnormality. Magic is a system, even if it's does not seems like it. "A decreasing exponential of power..." -- she noticed the pair of wolves 'could it be a illusion?' she thought to herself however when Klein shouted, she readied herself retrieving from her spell table a Shield and Sword made entirely of light. "Roger!" Shield on her front facing both wolves, a smack on the ground with it. It's thaumaturgic effect was heard as a rumble of thunder, being cast directly from the shield inferior part. Themisto wielded her sword reversed, and pointing upwards.

Vol

Pᴇʀsᴇᴠᴇʀᴀɴᴄᴇ
IT'S FREE SKY LIGHTING
face.png
Interactions: Kathlyn Silva Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford / Azalea Gibraltar Chinchia Chinchia
Honourable Mentions: Elias Allard Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

While the Chef took his time with Faygo's request to be convinced to partake in the mission (which the Beastmaster would reject politely regardless) he had been toying with the crab that he had pinched between his own pincer.

The animal that nestled comfortably on his feet suddenly perked up upon smelling an unfamiliar scent that mingled with the one that smelled like wood and grass. Effy's scaled snout nudged the boot of her owner in an attempt to alert him of the arrival of a newcomer -- a meaningful but futile effort. The lady in question entered the kitchen with a cheerful demeanour that was a stark contrast to the forest nymph that was just behind her.

“It’s nice to meet the both of you! I am Kathlyn Silva, healer and expert in all things medicine, but from today onward I’ll be working here as miss Azalea’s assistant.”

Faygo froze mid-tickling the now irritated crab, but the smile still came easy. His grin grew slightly wider when he felt the daggers that Azalea's eyes dug into him. He wondered what he had done to warrant that glare...

"An assistant? Fancy that." He hummed at the coincidence. Pleased that Azalea finally realised her well-being was something she also needed to work on, and also that Kathlyn seemed to radiate such a welcoming presence with that freshly hatched naivety.

"Elias, I'd like for you to make something once introductions are finished. Get her to patch you up if you need, but she's had a long journey."

Another piercing stare which Faygo's smile did not waver, despite a single drop of sweat that crawled down the side of his face.

"And not a peep out of you. Make sure to introduce yourself, then meet me back in the hall. I'll need some help fixing this roof."

The beastmaster wrung his hands, uttering a quick 'oops' when he realised that he swung his new beastie upon doing so.
"Mixed signals there, Azalea, but a'right, I'll catch up to you in a sec." He said smoothly as he repositioned the writhing crab into the crook of his pincer-hand so the shell was trapped between his grip. The weaponised crustacean swung in efforts to slash at anything, most favourably at Faygo, but it's range was cut short.

"It's real swell meeting you Kathlyn -- can I call you Kath? Anyways, I'm Faygo and I run the Bestiary that's a while ways from the main building here." Faygo jabbed his thumb towards a direction that would've looked random to those that didn't know where the creature holding was. "Oh and this is Effy; she don't bite but--"

As if on cue, the Rattlebun slithered towards the healer. She sniffed around her shoes, her legs, moving in circles around ehr newfound interest as she tried to familiarise herself with Kathlyn's scent. Suddenly a split forked tongue licked at the leather of her boots.
Faygo whistled low and with a click of his tongue, the creature pulled back. But she did not to return to the beastmaster, rather just exited lazily through the kitchen door that was pushed open by an entering staff member.

Faygo put on a pout in mock rejection.
"She's her own Rattlebun, that one. Reckon she likes you enough, though."

When he felt satisfied with his quick introduction, the beastmaster slightly tipped his hat with his normal hand in farewell. He passed her one last smile, back to its normal lopsided one, before following after his animal companion.
"I'll catch you another time, Kath!"

Under his breath he mumbled, "I handle creatures, not roofs. What's Azzy thinkin'?"

"I'm very proud of you for getting a successor." Faygo said as soon as he arrived by her side. A casual jest that held an underlying sense of relief and genuine concern. Clearly he did not understood that it was a type of subject that Azalea had not wanted him to bring up, but hey, that's what friends were for.

He raised an ordinary hand to shield the harsh but soothing rays of the sun that filtered through the decent sized hole of the roof.

Vagabond Spectre

Five Thousand Club
Elias Allard

1619883279330.png

“I don’t think that would be necessary, sir. I can’t really force you, let alone convince.”

Closing right then after. Azalea’s leave made his feet move on their own. The crab was captured but still can’t shake the fact of the encounter. Simply on standby, he walked with Faygo to catch up on the scribe.

To his surprise another new face had appeared within the Guild hall. They were only gone for a minute and another one had shown up. Not anything too new to him but he was a little indifferent as they made their way to the women. Simply awaiting for their cue into the conversation. The newcomer was young, perhaps even younger than the previous one whom came in earlier morning. Projecting a decent smile for the newcomer, especially with a transition from the green skinned woman.

“Greetings, I am Elias, Elias Allard. I am one of the cooks for the guild. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Silva. Always happy to see a new face around. Especially with such a elegant smile as yours.”

His deep low voice did not hide his concealed frustration, nonetheless the delivery was still fair enough to come off as friendly. It’s a pretty busy morning and he’s already thrown off his chair to start moving.

Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png

Mentions: Vol Vol Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Chinchia Chinchia Starwalker123 Starwalker123 (Just mentioned)
"It's real swell meeting you Kathlyn -- can I call you Kath? Anyways, I'm Faygo and I run the Bestiary that's a while ways from the main building here." Kathlyn smiled, he ran the bestiary, that made sense, she had already expected him to not be part of the kitchen staff based on his clothes and the fact that he was holding what looked like a living crab in one of his hands. "You can call me Kath if you like." She answered with a smile. Her few friends back home had also always called her Kath and Kathlyn had become quite fond of the nickname.

"Oh and this is Effy; she don't bite but--" Kathlyn looked at the creature with interest as it came towards her. She slightly crouched down, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "Hey little buddy, it's nice to meet you as well." She giggled as the creature licked her boot. "I don't think my boots taste good, they've been through a lot on the way here."

She watched the small creature leave the kitchen with a smile. "She's her own Rattlebun, that one. Reckon she likes you enough, though." "I'm glad, I have a soft spot for most animals." Kathlyn replied.

"I'll catch you another time, Kath!" Kathlyn gave a small wave as Faygo left the kitchen. "Yes I'll see you around!" She said enthusiastically.

Kathlyn turned to the other person present. “Greetings, I am Elias, Elias Allard. I am one of the cooks for the guild. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Silva. Always happy to see a new face around. Especially with such a elegant smile as yours.” Kathlyn's smile became even more radiant at the compliment. "Thank you!" Kathlyn had never really cared all too much about what other thought of how she looked, she was a healer, she didn't have to look as pristine and perfect as the other girls her age. That didn't mean she was immune to compliments though. "Please don't be in a rush to make me something to eat, I can see that you've been through quite the ordeal." She said, gesturing at the small mess still present in the kitchen.

"I still have some food in my backpack so I'll be fine. More importantly, you seem to have quite a few cuts and scrapes. Do you want me to patch you up?" She asked, holding up her hand enveloped in a gentle green glow.

As the kitchen door opened because of a staff member walking in Kathlyn noticed someone standing at the front desk out of the corner of her eye. She was aware it was now her job to get newcomers settled into the guild but truth be told she had no clue how to do it yet. She turned back to Elias. "I'm sorry there is someone at the front desk, if you want me to patch you up you can come to the front desk later, I'll probably be there!" She said before poking her head out of the kitchen door.

She called out to Azalea. "Miss Azalea, there seems to be someone at the front desk. Could you explain to me what I have to do?"

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford Vol Vol Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Starwalker123 Starwalker123 Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
The guild hall stretched before her, the kitchen door propped open with one hand as Faygo's words floated after.

"Mixed signals there, Azalea, but a'right, I'll catch up to you in a sec." She let the door swing shut, exasperation belied by amusement. No doubt Faygo liked his creatures for their candor. They didn't send mixed messages when they weren't happy about something, but then their problems tended to be simpler.

A small figure hovered near the front desk, their hood pulled up and darting eyes obscured beneath unkempt hair. They straightened somewhat as she approached, and Azalea had to wonder what they'd gotten themselves into this time.

“They kicked me out,” Zale muttered. “Can I sign up now? Or do you all still think I’m a kid?”

"You are still a kid," she muttered. How could someone half her age be anything else? Even if the eyes of the world viewed it differently--saying they were old enough to fight, they were old enough to survive. All the same, she shifted through some of the papers on the desk, pausing when the young voice piped up behind her.

"Miss Azalea, there seems to be someone at the front desk. Could you explain to me what I have to do?"

Right. She had an assistant now. Azalea turned to include Kathryn in the conversation. "If you're feeling up for it. This is Zale, he's helped deliver things for the guild a few times, but until now he hasn't officially... joined." He'd had a place inside the city, however miserable it might have been. He could have joined a trade, applied for the guard, studied in the academy perhaps. Joining the guild would dash any hope he had of ever not being an outcast... the vivid glimpse of his eyes beneath the robe told her there was no point asking.

"...this is the application form," she said, handing two copies of it to Kathlyn. "You'll need to fill one out yourself. It requires a person's heritage and affinities, among other things. After you've filled it in I'll explain the guild items to you..."

The heavy thump of footfall drew her eyes to the guild doors moments before they opened, revealing the goliath of an adventurer known as Vas'on. The great-swords strapped across his back only added to his imposing height, though Azalea's eyes narrowed in ever-so-faint annoyance as he favoured tromping over to one of the tables over anything else. "Excuse me a moment," she said to the newer members, turning away from the desk. Between them Azalea was sure they could figure out the form. Her business shouldn't take too long regardless.

"Vas'on," she said, her usual, vexed smile tugging at her features. "Welcome back."

She didn't sound very welcoming. No doubt most of the adventurers would be happier to have someone young and friendly like Kathlyn at the front desk over Azalea's terse-at-best greetings. "I'm sure you were just about to hand it in," she said, holding out a ridged, plant-like palm. "But why don't I take that quest report off your hands?"

Poor Vas'on. Azalea had been well and truly beyond reason by the time she'd found who'd been taking out masses of requests and not handing in the reports.

"I'm very proud of you for getting a successor."

Azalea withheld a sigh at the chipper voice that joined them. She supposed it was too much to hope he'd let it go without a word. "Can it," she muttered. The crab was still waving its claws furiously, trapped in the pincir Faygo's arm had become. "They're a healer. Nothing to do with me."

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld

[Location: Guild Hall]
{Interactions: Azalea Chinchia Chinchia / Faygo Vol Vol }

"Azalea" Vas'On said taking a sip of his tea and scowling at her...oh...no that was a grin "Directly to the point as always" he reached down to a pouch tied to his waist and pulled out a neatly bound scroll of papers "I've learned from my mistakes in the past" he said handing the scroll over "I've done the necessary paperwork to handle my penchant for taking out large amount of quests without turning them in immediately upon completion" it would surprise most that the large half breed was actually quite well spoken, or that his hand writing was neat and well crafted, but Vas'On was a man who attempted to better himself in all ways...well other than his appearance. He'd long accepted that as a loss and just continued to dress as a barbarian. It was easier and better for him in the long run.

"Anything or anyone of note recently?" he gave Faygo a welcoming nod as the man sidled up to the Guild Scribe "Seems I arrived a little too late for the fun" he gave a pointed look at the hole in the roof "Unless I am mistaken and the Guild is now doing radical remodeling?"

Starwalker123

Zale Liron
Location Guild Hall
Mentions: : Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford Chinchia Chinchia

The first adventurer they spotted in the hall was Vas'On the half breed man was someone he had seen around before. He still made the teen shiver one of those people that had that sort of effect on people. They couldn't help but watch as he took over an empty table. Zale turned back to what they were doing with a little sigh. They already knew there could have been better for them but this life had always held a draw over them. That's when he spotted someone new with Azalea the rat preached in his hood let out a chattering growl and Zale flicked his hand up and rubbed between the animals eyes . Zale straightened up as the other came up to the desk. Zale sighed a little as she spoke, they had been mostly taking care of themsleves since they where small,
"You are still a kid," she muttered."
Zale's eyes sparked more of a blue then a gray as they spook, “Not near so little as when I first wandered in those doors.” Zale said with a slight smile. They would have dropped the hood but they could feel his rat starting to relax so he didnt he couldn't scare the black animal more. When she turned to speak to the other woman Zale relaxed , “ Not like i haven't tried too, .” Zale sighed that place had left them with more scars and problems then it had helped him. Even this much talking was too much and they were feeling tired. Zale could have had more in the city but they were a fighter and it had gotten them in more and more trouble. Plus they knew this was a way out and a way to maybe find the family that had left them. Zale needed to get out and this was the only way they could see. Not everyone would take in an orphan let alone a half elf, but that was beside the point

"...this is the application form, You'll need to fill one out yourself. It requires a person's heritage and affinities, among other things. After you've filled it in I'll explain the guild items to you..."

“Thank you.” Zale said, they had been pretty sure she would try again to talk them out of the plan. This time through Zale’s mind was made up about it. They were going to do it. Zale bit their lip when she mentioned heritage; they couldn't be the first orphan “Sounds good.” Zale took a deep breath and turned to the other newcomer as she walked away. “So what do you think between us we can figure it out and figure out what to say since no one is sure who my family is. Im an orphan.”

Swiftshots

The Swiftest Shot In The West
1616328857852.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Up until this point, Eiru had been lost in a trance-like state, her mind torn from reality by a complex spell. The spell hadn't been cast upon herself but rather the tall foreboding figure that stood before her and the party but due to the twisted nature of the spell and Eiru's natural talent in enchanting and runic casting her mind quickly found itself caught up in the complex netting of the spells construction. Physically speaking Eiru must have seemed scared stiff but mentally Eiru was hard at work handling this out-of-body experience. This was not the first time Eiru had more or less left her body for solitude in a mental space, in fact at this stage in her life she was more than an expert in doing so. In fact it was how she more often than not prefered to reasearch a matter. However, being forced into such a state was very rare indeed.

Information streamed forth into the witch's mind, a full-on assault of mumbled and scattered information ensnared in a web of dastardly evil essence. A web that seemingly wished to spread and extend into her own mental space in a conquest for further reach. Ridiculous, who dared to challenge a witch of Tir na Nog to a battle of mental fortitude? The very act of even conspiring to do so would be the downfall of whatever or whoever it was spreading such a vile spell. Invading Eiru's mental space! Now that, that was something the witch would never allow. This was now personal. Eiru was no longer amused.

As the onslaught of information continued and the web slowly crept forward Eiru began to counter. What were once scattered fragments of information quickly shifted in space to become blatant and obvious. The very information that was being used to brute force her mental space quickly became a fortified bastion detailing the very means to which she could assure her victory. The battle was not tough. The words were not complex. The information was sloppily encrypted. Perhaps if Eiru had been a couple of hundred years younger she may have broken a sweat but as she was now the very attempt itself was an insult. Childs play.

In an instant, the web began to retreat but Eiru was in no mood to respect such an attempt. Her mana erupted and filled the darkroom with warmth, illuminating the area around her intensely and cracking the stone beneath her own two feet. The mana flowed violently and encompassed all present in a motherly embrace, warming and touching to the very soul. It was pacifying and lulling. That was until it began to burn. Physically no harm would befall those around her but internally magic circuits and souls alike would scream out in agony at the over-exposure to the witch's absurd mana flow. What was even worse was back in the mind space of Eiru her mana was flowing into the connecting web, flowing directly back towards whoever had cast the spell to begin with, their pain would be more than tenfold that of those around her and before she was cut off Eiru would impart a message to the caster 'To invade the mental space of a witch from Tir na Nog is to invade the realm itself. Do so again and you will be erased for the protection of our sacred home'.

Once cut off Eiru's mind was put to rest and she returned to her body her mana also ceasing its eruption. At this point, Eiru had exhausted half her total mana and was in a very sour mood to say the least. Stomping her foot on the ground Eiru spun on her heel and took a hold of Zion's wrist "Zion, Prince, we're leaving. Our mission is complete." Pulling the skeleton and then the prince Eiru brushed past the recovering 'warden' and moved further towards the door which she quickly began unlocking "All we need to do is open this door and seal it behind us. The Black Slime is attracted to undead and undead souls. We need only hold this door shut until it finishes off the job for us. Once the ferret vanishes from our side we'll know the slime has done its job... It's too late to save him now"

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Vol Vol Swiftshots Swiftshots
'Fuck. It's back.'

Tyron registered what the disembodied words referred to as a familiar, muddy sound filled the hall behind them. His back stiffened, glancing to the witch who had gone still and silent beside him. The group was effectively pincered between the slime and whatever entity stood in front of them--

'Close your eyes.'

Are you kidding me-? That thing was behind them and the enemy in front and Zion wanted him to--

Something flew over their heads and Tyron swore under his breath moments before it detonated, raising a hand. Whitish blue flared against his eyelids, resembling a flash of lightning in all but the rumbling aftermath. Something shoved his shoulder and Tyron stumbled, snarling as the battlemage rushed past. Watch it-!

It wasn't the pressing issue though. The slime had stretched out in the corridor behind them, creating an acidic veil from roof to floor. The pungent colour had diluted somewhat as its mass grew, the bones of the undead in their cells dissolving slower than Zion had in the catacombs. Tyron readied his sword as the skull inside its mass swivelled to face them. A larger slime would be harder to handle, but as its mass grew the acidity would fall, becoming easier to break apart and slower to recover.

"Oi witch, get ready." The skull inside it hadn't disappeared, and Tyron had a feeling he knew why. If Zion could handle that strange-acting scout then he'd focus on blowing a hole in the head of the slime. His magic hummed in preparation across the edge of his blade as the witch's energy began to warm his chest--softer than it had before but rising in intensity. Except instead of moving away into the spell, it continued to gather. Growing in potency until it began to burn--

Tyron's grip tightened, teeth grinding as the energy that was supposed to move to his weapon remained stuck in his chest, growing more and more searing. The skull inside the slime paused, swaying towards the witch as if in contemplation. The shadows across bleached bone seemed to stretch wide into a smile. The pale, greyish mass began to darken once more, contorting more easily.

No no no- The steel blade hit the stone floor with an echoing clang. Tyron clutched his chest as the pained moans of the undead joined the cacophony. Some began to tear at their decaying bodies while others scrambled away. He'd have shouted for her to stop--whatever she was doing was hurting more than the undead--but he could barely spare the air to breath as he sunk to the floor. What is she doing?

When--and it would be when--Tyron got back from this godforsaken mission he would be finding the first person he could to teach him magic fortifications. No more of these incorporeal attacks. He heard the witch stomp her foot beside him as her magic ebbed away. He swallowed great breaths, searching for his fallen sword. "Zion, Prince, we're leaving. Our mission is complete."

His hand twitched, pausing as his expression contorted. What?

"All we need to do is open this door and seal it behind us. The Black Slime is attracted to undead and undead souls. We need only hold this door shut until it finishes off the job for us. Once the ferret vanishes from our side we'll know the slime has done its job... It's too late to save him now."

He felt her grasp his arm, trying to tug him to his feet despite her smaller stature. What was she going on about? His jumbled thoughts could barely make sense of it as he reached for his weapon, fingers wrapped shakily around the hilt to pull it towards as he was dragged away from the blackened mass. He had only begun to regain his senses at the sound of a door grinding shut behind them.

The scout had stumbled when the blinding flash had filled the hall, blinking away the spots in their gaze. They were slow to react to the figure barrelling towards them, leaving an opening for attack--brief as it was--before the witch's aura began to expand.

Unlike the light, the energy crackled harmlessly off the scout's body, fended by some kind of spiritual barrier. The brown-pelted ferret seemed similarly protected, but the snowy one wasn't so lucky. It curled up and whimpered, mirroring the actions of the figure in the cell beside the scout; and the red-garbed male all but collapsed, unprepared for a magic attack of that calibre.

With most of the corridor incapacitated, the scout straightened, brushing themselves off. With a disparaging glance they turned away from the group, footsteps echoing with their departure.

"All we need to do is open this door and seal it behind us. The Black Slime is attracted to undead and undead souls. We need only hold this door shut until it finishes off the job for us. Once the ferret vanishes from our side we'll know the slime has done its job... It's too late to save him now."

A brilliant idea, truly. It was sure to kill the undead, the barely living, and anything else all in one fell swoop. The scout smiled to themselves as they heard the witch struggling to move her companions behind the door. The deadlocks rattled with a note of finality as the entrance to the hall slammed shut.

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Starwalker123 Starwalker123 Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
“Not near so little as when I first wandered in those doors.”

"True," Azalea said, leaning down to raise a brow at the orphan. "But not so big either." His eyes flashed blue beneath the shadow of his robe and she grinned. Zale had done a great deal for the guild in the past, the least she could do was give him a place in it.

Turning to Kathryn she handed over the documents and went to greet Vas'on.

"Azalea," the elf-orc said, baring a great many pointed teeth. Hard to say whether it was a friendly greeting or a threat. "Directly to the point as always."

She snatched up the bundle of scrolls he offered, tucking them under her arm as she unravelled one and skimmed the contents. "I've done the necessary paperwork to handle my penchant for taking out large amount of quests without turning them in immediately upon completion."

Indeed.
The elf-orc was quite timely, all things considered. He had completed the reports without fault since moving up from a copper; Azalea merely delighted in grouching about it.

"Anything or anyone of note recently?"

She hummed as she retied the scroll, fastening it to the others. "We had some strong fighters join. You might like to test them once they return."

"Seems I arrived a little too late for the fun. Unless I am mistaken and the Guild is now doing radical remodeling...?"

"No," she growled, and she'd disembowel the next person to try. Her expression shifted as she followed Vas'on's gaze to the temporary skylight, eyes narrowed at the unwelcome sight. "A stray demon dropped by a couple days ago. I haven't gotten around to fixing it is all." Faygo should have had the leftover building materials from the bestiary. She'd considered magicking a bunch of branches to avoid the ordeal entirely, but the guild was a patchwork of enough things already and she didn't need to add to the oddities.

Turning back to Vas'on she sighed, making a note to run through the quest system with Kathlyn later. "So what are your plans now?"

Last edited:

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Ymir
Mentions:
It had been going so well.

The faint crack of the ice was the only warning--though in fairness it alone wouldn't have amounted to much without Leo reacting the way he did. With a yell he'd managed to propel himself off the wall and through air onto the bank of ice. Ymir stiffened at the echoing snap of something unpleasant, and she skidded to a stop in a gust of air moments later.

"Please refrain-" Leo held up a hand as she opened her mouth. "-from laughing for just a moment."

She watched with wide and careful eyes instead. Leo stood, taking a deep breath before he spoke. "A melody to trick my brain, should get rid of all this pain."

Even without pain to assuage it managed to be soothing, but her eyes still flashed in a wince as the hollow pop echoed around them. Her shoulder ached at the sound. Leo turned to her with a grin. "Now you can laugh."

"..."

She thought maybe she should laugh at his hair--it did make him look like a jellyfish. Instead she found her gaze lingered on the injury until she shook her head, glancing away. "I was going to say we could try being air pirates." The ripples had begun to settle on the surface of the lake. Maybe we should work on the landings first.

The silence in the chamber seemed to grow louder the longer they were there. As if the cavern had a presence of its own. Ymir's eyes flickered, lighting up as she trawled across the various exits in more detail. The massive tunnels wound through the ice like overlarge rabbit holes, more than a few containing some nasty looking pitfalls covered by thin layers of ice. They'd be avoiding those, she decided.

Of course, proud as Ymir was of her ability to perceive traps the physical realm, there was one, glaring oversight it didn't account for. It wasn't an issue most of the time, but on the rare occasion it did pose somewhat of a risk. Purely magic based attacks.

The icy walls of the cavern lit up as several massive and bulbous eyes blinked open. They were silent for a heartbeat, peering as if through the lens of an orb. With her vision focused on mapping the tunnels, Ymir hadn't noticed anything amiss until--

"INTRUUUUUUUUDERS!!"

She slapped her hands over her ears.

The nails-on-chalkboard shriek filled the cavern, enough to deafen them both. She barely heard herself shout over the scream shaking the walls--not that it needed to be said anyway but-- "I think we found her!!"

The eyes on the walls began to glow blue, brighter and brighter before several beams of light shot towards the two adventurers.

Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png

Mentions: Chinchia Chinchia Starwalker123 Starwalker123
"If you're feeling up for it. This is Zale, he's helped deliver things for the guild a few times, but until now he hasn't officially... joined." Kathlyn nodded and turned to Zale. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Kathlyn, the guild's..." Kathlyn realized she actually didn't really know what her new position was called. She thought about it for a moment before settling on something. "the guild's receptionist." She said with a smile. "I only just took on this job so I hope you'll bear with me while I figure things out."

"...this is the application form," Kathlyn accepted the two forms from Azalea and quickly glanced over the content of the one that happened to be on top. Seems straightforward enough.

"You'll need to fill one out yourself. It requires a person's heritage and affinities, among other things. After you've filled it in I'll explain the guild items to you..." Kathlyn nodded and handed one of the two forms over to Zale who accepted it with a thank you.

"Excuse me a moment," Kathlyn smiled at Azalea. "Alright, just leave it to me! I'll have these forms sorted out by the time you get back."

After Azalea walked away Kathlyn turned her attention to the form before her, quickly jotting down some of her information before Zale spoke up. “So what do you think between us we can figure it out and figure out what to say since no one is sure who my family is. Im an orphan.” Kathlyn's eyes widened ever so slightly at this, she was well aware the world wasn't all sunshine and rainbows but she also wasn't used yet to being reminded of that fact. She would have to get used to it, she would probably get more than her fair share of reminders of it here. But that was also part of the reason why Kathlyn wanted to always face things with a happy attitude and a smile on her face, if she could make even just one person smile because of it she would be happy. "Oh, I'm sorry about that. You can just put that down, I'm sure that would be acceptable."

"Oh and maybe..."
She trailed off, suddenly leaning forward over the front desk, studying Zale's face under his hood from up close, she was going to extend her arm and push back his hood but she stopped herself right before her hand reached his hood. She pulled her hand back hastily, cheeks flushing red in embarrassment. "I'm sorry!" She blurted out. "That was very rude of me, I happened to notice you have a black eye and I almost wanted to heal it instinctively." She hadn't actually ended up pushing his hood back or touching him but she was still embarrassed about it, she should have asked if he wanted help before doing any of what she did.

"Once again I'm very sorry!" She said, cheeks still slightly red. "If you do want me to heal that black eye though, please do ask," She added, regaining her composure. "I don't charge anything."

She shifted her attention to the two forms on the counter, both of which were now almost fully filled out. "Miss Azalea," She called out leaning over the front desk. "I have the forms ready!"

Starwalker123

Zale Liron
Location Guild Hall
Mentions: : Blyke Luxford Blyke Luxford Chinchia Chinchia

Zale chuckled a little as she walked away with a not so big either that seemed like a good to place to stop. They had stopped growing about the same time they had started helping out around the guild it was kind of funny really. Zale had a feeling letting them join was a payback for all the things they had done.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Kathlyn, the guild's..." Zale simled blue eyes flicking over her.. "the guild's receptionist.I only just took on this job so I hope you'll bear with me while I figure things out." Zale simled , “Nice to meet you, “ Zale chuckled a little , “Of course we can be new together.” Zale watched as she took the paper and smiled at her. It seemed do-able . When she passed the paper over to them they took it with a soft thank you.

Zale started to write then paused when they got to the info about parents. The lack of parents wasn't their favorite thing to talk about. They after all had been properly abounded by them so it wasn't like there was much to say. Heck the pointy ears were the only clue they weren't all the way human. The teen looked her over the way one might if he was expecting her to say something overly kind. . "Oh, I'm sorry about that. You can just put that down, I'm sure that would be acceptable." Zale nodded. “ I think so too, not like I have much else I can say about them. They left me on a step in the rain. When she reached toward them they pulled back hard and fast. The rat tucked in his hood stirred and bristled up growling at the hand. “It's okay, “ Zale said as they flipped down the hood cupping the black rat with both hands and scoping him out of the hood. “That's why i ended up here today.” Zale paused, Zale chuckled at the rat and rubbed his head , “And Shadow is just grumpy. He might be the normalest rat in the world She hadn’t touched them but she would have met the teeth of a rat had she made it that far. Shadow wasn't mean he just was easily startled.

"Once again I'm very sorry!" “ Its ok, I promise, just maybe don't try to touch me without warning. I don't want Shadow to chomp you. “ Zale said, setting the rat down next to him on the counter, The black animal started to make soft sounds as Zale rubbed him.. "If you do want me to heal that black eye though, please do ask," “That would be great” Zale said . Zale put the last few touches on the paper as she called out for “ Azalea,"

Mentions: Chinchia Chinchia
"I was going to say we could try being air pirates." Leonidas laughed. "I'm not sure if being air pirates goes hand in hand with drinking a barrel of alcohol every day and I'm also not sure how well sea shanties will be received when we're not on the sea." He shook his head in thought. "Perhaps I'll have to write some air shanties then." He paused for a moment. "Hmm, air shanties doesn't sound too good, sky shanties maybe." He remarked with a smile, bending over to pick up his rapier.

For a little while he watched Ymir observe their surroundings in silence, shaking all the leftover snow off of his rapier. He loosely held on to the grip of the weapon, not wanting to hang it back at his hip just yet. Ymir was too caught up in her ability to notice but Leonidas was immediately aware of the eyes opening on the walls. "Uh, that doesn't seem nor-" He started.

"INTRUUUUUUUUDERS!!"

The shriek completely drowned out what Leonidas had planned on saying next as he took a page out of Ymir's book and put his hand over his ears as well. "You're not going to make money as a performer with a voice like that!" He shouted at one of the many eyes on the wall. He didn't know if the creature would be able to understand what he was saying but it was his first priority to find out if it could, almost his entire magic arsenal would have little to no effect if it couldn't.

"I think we found her!!" Even in a situation like this Leonidas couldn't help but make a joke as a response. "You think so? Maybe you should become a detective!" He shouted to Ymir with a grin.

He steadied his grip on his rapier and did the one thing he could think of in the moment, run full speed at one of the many eyes on the wall, weapon ready. He realized something was amiss when he was about to stab his rapier forward into one of the eyes, he somewhat gracefully rolled to the side to dodge a beam of light before letting himself fall flat into the snow with far less grace when he realized he had rolled into the path of another beam.

"Couldn't they have informed us of the fact that it can shoot beams of light in the mission description?! This almost feels kind off unfair." He shouted, his tone somewhere in between joking and serious.

Chinchia

Broom Shroom
Ymir
Mentions:
"Uh-" It seemed their talk of pirating among the sky shanties was to be cut short. "That doesn't seem nor-"

A shame. The sky seemed far more appealing than where they were.

"You're not going to make money as a performer with a voice like that!" Leo yelled up at the roof of the cavern. Ymir questioned the point of insulting an entity that clearly wasn't nearby, though on principle it was valid enough--

"SILEEEEEENCE!!!!"

Her hands had only just come off her ears before they clapped the sides of her head again. Well- The enraged shriek rattled the loose ice, loud enough to make her head ring. They didn't like that.

"You think so? Maybe you should become a detective!"

Well maybe she would! Her ability leant itself enough to it. Ymir frowned as she noticed Leo's outline run towards something behind her and the rings around her eyes disappeared. It became immediately apparent what he had been trying to say before. She bit back a curse, seething at the sight of the walls filled with cyclopean eyes. Being a snoop was her special ability.

But there wasn't time to dwell. Ymir ducked out of the path of one of the frigid beams, jerking to a stop when something caught her cloak. It wrenched her back and as she turned to spy the culprit, her assessment of the situation didn't improve. The edges had been encased in a spire of ice where the beam had struck, and in her periphery she saw Leo fall into the path of another attack. One hand swung around to send a gust of wind spinning his way. The other unfastened her cloak, freeing herself to leap for cover as the burst of air sent the snow around Leo tumbling back.

"Couldn't they have informed us-"
She ducked under a beam as she grew closer to Leo's tirade. "-of the fact that it can shoot beams of light in the mission description?!" It seemed wherever the ice was smooth and transparent, the eyes could appear to attack them. "This almost feels kind of unfair."

Almost?! She was leaning towards absurdly so. Anyone who had encountered the eyes' abilities probably hadn't lived to pass on the knowledge. She leapt over a newly formed ice ridge to join his side, showing the silver waystone she'd pulled out of her bag. "I'm voting for retreat." They could escape and regroup--maybe call for backup from the guild. "Unless you have a better idea."

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld

[Location: Guild Hall]
{Interactions: Azalea Chinchia Chinchia }​

"A Demon?" Vas'On laughed softly "I definitely missed the fun then" he looked at the ceiling "Since you've got the opening, I'd say put in a proper skylight" he then shrugged "But I'm no contractor, I'm more of the Breaking type" he finished off his tea and set the empty cup down gently.

"As for what I'm going to do now. I've been thinking about that for a bit. I'm hitting a bit of a snag in my own training. If there are lower ranking members of the Guild who require a teacher or a guide, or perhaps just a sparring partner, I'd like to provide my services." Vas'On was a capable warrior and had been working as an adventurer for a while. But at a certain point, everyone hit a block in something. Vas'On hoped that by correcting the mistakes of those less experienced than him, he'd be able to figure out his own problems. Besides, he somewhat enjoyed how enthusiastic new members were.

Mentions: Chinchia Chinchia
Leonidas didn't like the way the fight, if one could even call this one-sided assault a fight, was going. After falling flat in the snow for what felt like at the very least the 5th time today he felt a gust of wind push him away with considerable force. He used a bit of wind manipulation of his own to avoid once again landing face first, instead, he just barely managed to land on his feet behind an ice ridge that seemed to have formed by the impact of the beam of light.

He wasn't sure what was up with this iron quest but there was no way a normal iron ranked adventurer would be able to take this alone and come out alive, perhaps if they happened to have a fire affinity they might stand a chance but then again what they were dealing with right now was most likely not even the main body of their enemy, there was no guarantee that taking out the eyes would solve the problem.

He cursed under his breath, this whole thing was getting out of hand fast. He had obtained a single piece of crucial information though, his previous insult had definitely struck a nerve of whatever they were dealing with which meant it was capable of understanding his words. He didn't think that alone would be enough to turn the fight around but he could use it to buy them some time.

He stood up from behind the ridge and shouted a simple instruction of "Don't listen!" at Ymir before putting his hand to his chest.

Through lands unknown and caves uncharted
This here 's not the time to be faint-hearted
A beam of light scraped by his arm, leaving a shallow cut just under his shoulder. The cut was by no means life-threatening but that didn't mean it didn't hurt like hell. Leonidas bit back a scream of pain and a curse as he forced himself to not break his rhyme.

With the authority to act as reality's playwright
I endeavor to draw upon the power of night

As my voice echoes forth through these caverns deep
Heed this as my warning and fall fast asleep

Leonidas let himself slump against the ridge he had previously been hiding behind, the hand that had been at his chest now clutching the wound on his other arm in an attempt to stop it from bleeding too much. He gave Ymir a nod as she crouched down next to him. "Thanks for the save back there." He said through gritted teeth. "I'm voting for retreat, unless you have a better idea." Leonidas shook his head. "That stunt back there was all I could think of for now and I doubt it'll be effective for much longer."

Refaulted

The Very Tired Man
Bhora of Yutal

While the interior of the guild hall was bustling, what with repairs and new members and other tomfoolery, from the outside, aside from the giant hole in the ceiling that may draw some concerned attention from passerby, things seemed rather calm. Adventurer's coming and going, greeting each other with a joyous calling or a stray rude gesture. There were a few visitors from the city, either to trade goods with adventurers or visit those they knew. In all honesty, one would never have expected that, within just the last few days, they would have had a guaest that was more or less...unweclome. It just seemed like any other day.

And that is what brought Bhora to stare into space as he sat on the ground, legs crossed under him, completely motionless save for the subtle movement of his shoulders, indicating that he was indeed still a part of the land of the living. It was unclear how long he had been sitting there, save for the butterfly that was sitting peacefully on his bent knee, completely undisturbed, even when the breeze came by and gently blew against it's wings. Sifat was almost just as still, coiled lightly around his neck, head hanging over his shoulder like a scarf as his small eyes stared at each passerby. Bhora's scales shone in the sunlight, making his presence difficult to ignore. However, a lizardfolk in these parts of the country was hard to ignore in the first place.

Suddenly, or what felt as such, Bhora turned his head to the sky, rolling his skull around on his shoulders. Stretching, even if only a small bit. Sifat barely moved, only shifting himself slightly as Bhora rolled his shoulders, reaching one clawed hand up to grab the back of his neck as he puffed his chest out, crimson red scales visible just underneath his tunic. Groaning, he pushed himself to his feet, Sifat coiling himself more tightly so as not to slide off from the motion. When Bhora stood at his full height, he turned his eyes to the southwestern sky, but only for a moment, before he reached down and picked up his belongings he left on the ground, including an old knife and a even older leather pouch.

When they were fastened firmly to his belt once more, he reached a hand up and pulled Sifat off from his neck, who simply coiled his body around Bhora's wrist, as if he didn't care exactly where he was. as long as he was close to the druid. Bhora held Sifat closer to his face, looking him along. "You're long overdue for your shedding, Sifat." His voice sounded like rumbling earth, deep and strong, though quiet, like he spoke little and didn't care if he was heard. He did a quick observation before his eyes stopped on the small point of the snakes tail. "Or, well, I could be very wrong...You just have to make me seem like a fool." The snake seemed to almost nod as Bhora spoke, and his lip twitched slightly as he turned away from his companion. "I believe...that today shows promise. We've spent enough time recuperating. Let's take a look at the questing board, hm?"

Spinning around, he began to trek back towards the guild hall, with Sifat swaying from side to side with each of Bhora's steps like a pendulum.

{Open for Interaction}

Last edited:

Swiftshots

The Swiftest Shot In The West
1616328857852.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Up until this point, Eiru had been lost in a trance-like state, her mind torn from reality by a complex spell. The spell hadn't been cast upon herself but rather the tall foreboding figure that stood before her and the party but due to the twisted nature of the spell and Eiru's natural talent in enchanting and runic casting her mind quickly found itself caught up in the complex netting of the spells construction. Physically speaking Eiru must have seemed scared stiff but mentally Eiru was hard at work handling this out-of-body experience. This was not the first time Eiru had more or less left her body for solitude in a mental space, in fact at this stage in her life she was more than an expert in doing so. In fact it was how she more often than not prefered to reasearch a matter. However, being forced into such a state was very rare indeed.

Information streamed forth into the witch's mind, a full-on assault of mumbled and scattered information ensnared in a web of dastardly evil essence. A web that seemingly wished to spread and extend into her own mental space in a conquest for further reach. Ridiculous, who dared to challenge a witch of Tir na Nog to a battle of mental fortitude? The very act of even conspiring to do so would be the downfall of whatever or whoever it was spreading such a vile spell. Invading Eiru's mental space! Now that, that was something the witch would never allow. This was now personal. Eiru was no longer amused.

As the onslaught of information continued and the web slowly crept forward Eiru began to counter. What were once scattered fragments of information quickly shifted in space to become blatant and obvious. The very information that was being used to brute force her mental space quickly became a fortified bastion detailing the very means to which she could assure her victory. The battle was not tough. The words were not complex. The information was sloppily encrypted. Perhaps if Eiru had been a couple of hundred years younger she may have broken a sweat but as she was now the very attempt itself was an insult. Childs play.

In an instant, the web began to retreat but Eiru was in no mood to respect such an attempt. Her mana erupted and filled the darkroom with warmth, illuminating the area around her intensely and cracking the stone beneath her own two feet. The mana flowed violently and encompassed all present in a motherly embrace, warming and touching to the very soul. It was pacifying and lulling. That was until it began to burn. Physically no harm would befall those around her but internally magic circuits and souls alike would scream out in agony at the over-exposure to the witch's absurd mana flow. What was even worse was back in the mind space of Eiru her mana was flowing into the connecting web, flowing directly back towards whoever had cast the spell to begin with, their pain would be more than tenfold that of those around her and before she was cut off Eiru would impart a message to the caster 'To invade the mental space of a witch from Tir na Nog is to invade the realm itself. Do so again and you will be erased for the protection of our sacred home'.

Once cut off Eiru's mind was put to rest and she returned to her body her mana also ceasing its eruption. At this point, Eiru had exhausted half her total mana and was in a very sour mood, to say the least. With a stoic expression and monotonous voice, Eiru turned her head ever so slightly to glare at the slime approaching the group from behind, correcting her posture then and returning her focus to the 'warden' who seemed to have been protected by a magical barrier. "The magic surrounding you is disgusting. You reek of miasma... tell me what it is you hope to achieve down here. And make it quick, I'm rapidly losing interest in this quest...".

Shura-Yuon

Somewhere In Between

Farran Lynn Vanerie

circle-cropped.pngWith her first steps into a new world, and a new life, Farran carried a burning hope in her heart. It was her life-long dream to become an adventurer, to aid others on heroic quests that would benefit the peoples of the world. She dearly wanted to make a good new impression and be accepted by her peers. She wanted it to be different than back in her village. It was a chance for her to redo her entire life and be seen in a new light. Her biggest concern, however, was that Farran had no idea of the etiquette and customs of Lantana. Fortunately enough, there was an old ghost Farran had helped put to rest a few weeks ago whose strange demand at the time could be put to use now. Supposedly, this rather fussy spirit came of high class society of Lantana, who sought it appropriate to delay the resting of her troubled soul by boldly proclaiming;

'How can I, in the right mind, lay to rest knowing such a maiden like you, who possesses such horribly masculine and sociably vulgar habits and conduct still walks the land? I cannot! No, I absolutely refuse. I will not be able to find peace until I set you right, young lady!'

Recalling the grueling hours of posture correction and verbal abuse, Farran felt the harsh lessons oozing back out from within her bones and take hold once more. Arching her back, puffing out her chest, and swinging both her hips widely side to side, Farran's entire demeanor refitted almost immediately. She now jaunted with all the confidence of a high-society woman, but with all the grace of... a drunken two-legged gazelle. Turns out, some aspects of society have not aged well from a few hundred years ago.

Having no other references, Farran was completely unaware of how silly and out-of-fashion she looked as she made her way through the hall.

Although, in truth, it was a well-performed, faithful portrayal of conduct from Lantana's old society, after all that has been done. Maybe a historian would have clapped in appreciation, but the reaction she received was nothing of the sort. There was a sense of discomfort in the air. Her heart was racing now, as Farran stood halfway down center of the guild house. Her heterochromatic eyes flickered across at the odd stares and confused expressions of those nearby unlucky enough to bear witness to her clumsy interpretive dance routine. Each second of silence only made the desperate drumming of her heart grow louder in her ears.

Her face flushed pink, as the young girl fell into a bit of a panic.

Why were they looking at me like that? Was I not meant to do that? Was there a step somewhere that I missed? Did I perhaps offend them by making such a poor display of their culture and tradition? Oh no, oh gods... This is my first bout back into human society, and already, is it ruined and tarnish beyond belief...?

Farran probably looked like a lost puppy plopped into a new home, staring wide-eyed and shivering at every foreign thing. She eventually found enough strength to turn her head and glance up at Johan, seeking any sort of comfort or aid.

But all she would receive from the pale ghost of her brother, was a helpless shrug. 'Sorry, sis. They can't see or hear me, you're on your own on this one...'

Farran was at this point, completely dejected, thinking she was not only to be rejected and abandoned not only by her new home, but betrayed by her own kin as well. Farran buried her pink face into her hands and imagined that the only path for her now was to crawl back into the forest and bury herself, unable to live on with the shame. Hopefully, she could meet with that old Lantana noble in the afterlife, and blame them for leading her astray for all of time and un-time.

Her brother shook his head, heaving and letting out an inaudible sigh.
'Honestly, Farran, aren't you overreacting a bit much...?'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread