• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild Stone ((Old Questing Thread))

Zale Liron
Location Guild Hall
Mentions: : Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph

The first adventurer they spotted in the hall was Vas'On the half breed man was someone he had seen around before. He still made the teen shiver one of those people that had that sort of effect on people. They couldn't help but watch as he took over an empty table. Zale turned back to what they were doing with a little sigh. They already knew there could have been better for them but this life had always held a draw over them. That's when he spotted someone new with Azalea the rat preached in his hood let out a chattering growl and Zale flicked his hand up and rubbed between the animals eyes . Zale straightened up as the other came up to the desk. Zale sighed a little as she spoke, they had been mostly taking care of themsleves since they where small,
"You are still a kid," she muttered."
Zale's eyes sparked more of a blue then a gray as they spook, “Not near so little as when I first wandered in those doors.” Zale said with a slight smile. They would have dropped the hood but they could feel his rat starting to relax so he didnt he couldn't scare the black animal more. When she turned to speak to the other woman Zale relaxed , “ Not like i haven't tried too, .” Zale sighed that place had left them with more scars and problems then it had helped him. Even this much talking was too much and they were feeling tired. Zale could have had more in the city but they were a fighter and it had gotten them in more and more trouble. Plus they knew this was a way out and a way to maybe find the family that had left them. Zale needed to get out and this was the only way they could see. Not everyone would take in an orphan let alone a half elf, but that was beside the point

"...this is the application form, You'll need to fill one out yourself. It requires a person's heritage and affinities, among other things. After you've filled it in I'll explain the guild items to you..."

“Thank you.” Zale said, they had been pretty sure she would try again to talk them out of the plan. This time through Zale’s mind was made up about it. They were going to do it. Zale bit their lip when she mentioned heritage; they couldn't be the first orphan “Sounds good.” Zale took a deep breath and turned to the other newcomer as she walked away. “So what do you think between us we can figure it out and figure out what to say since no one is sure who my family is. Im an orphan.”

1616328857852.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Up until this point, Eiru had been lost in a trance-like state, her mind torn from reality by a complex spell. The spell hadn't been cast upon herself but rather the tall foreboding figure that stood before her and the party but due to the twisted nature of the spell and Eiru's natural talent in enchanting and runic casting her mind quickly found itself caught up in the complex netting of the spells construction. Physically speaking Eiru must have seemed scared stiff but mentally Eiru was hard at work handling this out-of-body experience. This was not the first time Eiru had more or less left her body for solitude in a mental space, in fact at this stage in her life she was more than an expert in doing so. In fact it was how she more often than not prefered to reasearch a matter. However, being forced into such a state was very rare indeed.

Information streamed forth into the witch's mind, a full-on assault of mumbled and scattered information ensnared in a web of dastardly evil essence. A web that seemingly wished to spread and extend into her own mental space in a conquest for further reach. Ridiculous, who dared to challenge a witch of Tir na Nog to a battle of mental fortitude? The very act of even conspiring to do so would be the downfall of whatever or whoever it was spreading such a vile spell. Invading Eiru's mental space! Now that, that was something the witch would never allow. This was now personal. Eiru was no longer amused.

As the onslaught of information continued and the web slowly crept forward Eiru began to counter. What were once scattered fragments of information quickly shifted in space to become blatant and obvious. The very information that was being used to brute force her mental space quickly became a fortified bastion detailing the very means to which she could assure her victory. The battle was not tough. The words were not complex. The information was sloppily encrypted. Perhaps if Eiru had been a couple of hundred years younger she may have broken a sweat but as she was now the very attempt itself was an insult. Childs play.

In an instant, the web began to retreat but Eiru was in no mood to respect such an attempt. Her mana erupted and filled the darkroom with warmth, illuminating the area around her intensely and cracking the stone beneath her own two feet. The mana flowed violently and encompassed all present in a motherly embrace, warming and touching to the very soul. It was pacifying and lulling. That was until it began to burn. Physically no harm would befall those around her but internally magic circuits and souls alike would scream out in agony at the over-exposure to the witch's absurd mana flow. What was even worse was back in the mind space of Eiru her mana was flowing into the connecting web, flowing directly back towards whoever had cast the spell to begin with, their pain would be more than tenfold that of those around her and before she was cut off Eiru would impart a message to the caster 'To invade the mental space of a witch from Tir na Nog is to invade the realm itself. Do so again and you will be erased for the protection of our sacred home'.

Once cut off Eiru's mind was put to rest and she returned to her body her mana also ceasing its eruption. At this point, Eiru had exhausted half her total mana and was in a very sour mood to say the least. Stomping her foot on the ground Eiru spun on her heel and took a hold of Zion's wrist "Zion, Prince, we're leaving. Our mission is complete." Pulling the skeleton and then the prince Eiru brushed past the recovering 'warden' and moved further towards the door which she quickly began unlocking "All we need to do is open this door and seal it behind us. The Black Slime is attracted to undead and undead souls. We need only hold this door shut until it finishes off the job for us. Once the ferret vanishes from our side we'll know the slime has done its job... It's too late to save him now"

defgobf-822de872-52bd-4631-a768-f2c103cef167.jpg
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Vol Vol Uasal Uasal
'Fuck. It's back.'

Tyron registered what the disembodied words referred to as a familiar, muddy sound filled the hall behind them. His back stiffened, glancing to the witch who had gone still and silent beside him. The group was effectively pincered between the slime and whatever entity stood in front of them--

'Close your eyes.'

Are you kidding me-? That thing was behind them and the enemy in front and Zion wanted him to--

Something flew over their heads and Tyron swore under his breath moments before it detonated, raising a hand. Whitish blue flared against his eyelids, resembling a flash of lightning in all but the rumbling aftermath. Something shoved his shoulder and Tyron stumbled, snarling as the battlemage rushed past. Watch it-!

It wasn't the pressing issue though. The slime had stretched out in the corridor behind them, creating an acidic veil from roof to floor. The pungent colour had diluted somewhat as its mass grew, the bones of the undead in their cells dissolving slower than Zion had in the catacombs. Tyron readied his sword as the skull inside its mass swivelled to face them. A larger slime would be harder to handle, but as its mass grew the acidity would fall, becoming easier to break apart and slower to recover.

"Oi witch, get ready." The skull inside it hadn't disappeared, and Tyron had a feeling he knew why. If Zion could handle that strange-acting scout then he'd focus on blowing a hole in the head of the slime. His magic hummed in preparation across the edge of his blade as the witch's energy began to warm his chest--softer than it had before but rising in intensity. Except instead of moving away into the spell, it continued to gather. Growing in potency until it began to burn--

Tyron's grip tightened, teeth grinding as the energy that was supposed to move to his weapon remained stuck in his chest, growing more and more searing. The skull inside the slime paused, swaying towards the witch as if in contemplation. The shadows across bleached bone seemed to stretch wide into a smile. The pale, greyish mass began to darken once more, contorting more easily.

No no no- The steel blade hit the stone floor with an echoing clang. Tyron clutched his chest as the pained moans of the undead joined the cacophony. Some began to tear at their decaying bodies while others scrambled away. He'd have shouted for her to stop--whatever she was doing was hurting more than the undead--but he could barely spare the air to breath as he sunk to the floor. What is she doing?

When--and it would be when--Tyron got back from this godforsaken mission he would be finding the first person he could to teach him magic fortifications. No more of these incorporeal attacks. He heard the witch stomp her foot beside him as her magic ebbed away. He swallowed great breaths, searching for his fallen sword. "Zion, Prince, we're leaving. Our mission is complete."

His hand twitched, pausing as his expression contorted. What?

"All we need to do is open this door and seal it behind us. The Black Slime is attracted to undead and undead souls. We need only hold this door shut until it finishes off the job for us. Once the ferret vanishes from our side we'll know the slime has done its job... It's too late to save him now."

He felt her grasp his arm, trying to tug him to his feet despite her smaller stature. What was she going on about? His jumbled thoughts could barely make sense of it as he reached for his weapon, fingers wrapped shakily around the hilt to pull it towards as he was dragged away from the blackened mass. He had only begun to regain his senses at the sound of a door grinding shut behind them.

The scout had stumbled when the blinding flash had filled the hall, blinking away the spots in their gaze. They were slow to react to the figure barrelling towards them, leaving an opening for attack--brief as it was--before the witch's aura began to expand.

Unlike the light, the energy crackled harmlessly off the scout's body, fended by some kind of spiritual barrier. The brown-pelted ferret seemed similarly protected, but the snowy one wasn't so lucky. It curled up and whimpered, mirroring the actions of the figure in the cell beside the scout; and the red-garbed male all but collapsed, unprepared for a magic attack of that calibre.

With most of the corridor incapacitated, the scout straightened, brushing themselves off. With a disparaging glance they turned away from the group, footsteps echoing with their departure.

"All we need to do is open this door and seal it behind us. The Black Slime is attracted to undead and undead souls. We need only hold this door shut until it finishes off the job for us. Once the ferret vanishes from our side we'll know the slime has done its job... It's too late to save him now."

A brilliant idea, truly. It was sure to kill the undead, the barely living, and anything else all in one fell swoop. The scout smiled to themselves as they heard the witch struggling to move her companions behind the door. The deadlocks rattled with a note of finality as the entrance to the hall slammed shut.

defgkat-65ec8d23-395f-4913-b0af-c8ff03cb88d6.png
Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Starwalker123 Starwalker123 Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
“Not near so little as when I first wandered in those doors.”

"True," Azalea said, leaning down to raise a brow at the orphan. "But not so big either." His eyes flashed blue beneath the shadow of his robe and she grinned. Zale had done a great deal for the guild in the past, the least she could do was give him a place in it.

Turning to Kathryn she handed over the documents and went to greet Vas'on.

"Azalea," the elf-orc said, baring a great many pointed teeth. Hard to say whether it was a friendly greeting or a threat. "Directly to the point as always."

She snatched up the bundle of scrolls he offered, tucking them under her arm as she unravelled one and skimmed the contents. "I've done the necessary paperwork to handle my penchant for taking out large amount of quests without turning them in immediately upon completion."

Indeed.
The elf-orc was quite timely, all things considered. He had completed the reports without fault since moving up from a copper; Azalea merely delighted in grouching about it.

"Anything or anyone of note recently?"

She hummed as she retied the scroll, fastening it to the others. "We had some strong fighters join. You might like to test them once they return."

"Seems I arrived a little too late for the fun. Unless I am mistaken and the Guild is now doing radical remodeling...?"

"No," she growled, and she'd disembowel the next person to try. Her expression shifted as she followed Vas'on's gaze to the temporary skylight, eyes narrowed at the unwelcome sight. "A stray demon dropped by a couple days ago. I haven't gotten around to fixing it is all." Faygo should have had the leftover building materials from the bestiary. She'd considered magicking a bunch of branches to avoid the ordeal entirely, but the guild was a patchwork of enough things already and she didn't need to add to the oddities.

Turning back to Vas'on she sighed, making a note to run through the quest system with Kathlyn later. "So what are your plans now?"

Last edited:
deg1sdj-c3e3f23c-0e4e-4d28-a601-df51c4a35e4d.png
Ymir
Mentions:
Key of Stars Key of Stars
It had been going so well.

The faint crack of the ice was the only warning--though in fairness it alone wouldn't have amounted to much without Leo reacting the way he did. With a yell he'd managed to propel himself off the wall and through air onto the bank of ice. Ymir stiffened at the echoing snap of something unpleasant, and she skidded to a stop in a gust of air moments later.

"Please refrain-" Leo held up a hand as she opened her mouth. "-from laughing for just a moment."

She watched with wide and careful eyes instead. Leo stood, taking a deep breath before he spoke. "A melody to trick my brain, should get rid of all this pain."

Even without pain to assuage it managed to be soothing, but her eyes still flashed in a wince as the hollow pop echoed around them. Her shoulder ached at the sound. Leo turned to her with a grin. "Now you can laugh."

"..."

She thought maybe she should laugh at his hair--it did make him look like a jellyfish. Instead she found her gaze lingered on the injury until she shook her head, glancing away. "I was going to say we could try being air pirates." The ripples had begun to settle on the surface of the lake. Maybe we should work on the landings first.

The silence in the chamber seemed to grow louder the longer they were there. As if the cavern had a presence of its own. Ymir's eyes flickered, lighting up as she trawled across the various exits in more detail. The massive tunnels wound through the ice like overlarge rabbit holes, more than a few containing some nasty looking pitfalls covered by thin layers of ice. They'd be avoiding those, she decided.

Of course, proud as Ymir was of her ability to perceive traps the physical realm, there was one, glaring oversight it didn't account for. It wasn't an issue most of the time, but on the rare occasion it did pose somewhat of a risk. Purely magic based attacks.

The icy walls of the cavern lit up as several massive and bulbous eyes blinked open. They were silent for a heartbeat, peering as if through the lens of an orb. With her vision focused on mapping the tunnels, Ymir hadn't noticed anything amiss until--

"INTRUUUUUUUUDERS!!"

She slapped her hands over her ears.

The nails-on-chalkboard shriek filled the cavern, enough to deafen them both. She barely heard herself shout over the scream shaking the walls--not that it needed to be said anyway but-- "I think we found her!!"

The eyes on the walls began to glow blue, brighter and brighter before several beams of light shot towards the two adventurers.

Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png

Mentions: Sylph Sylph Starwalker123 Starwalker123
"If you're feeling up for it. This is Zale, he's helped deliver things for the guild a few times, but until now he hasn't officially... joined." Kathlyn nodded and turned to Zale. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Kathlyn, the guild's..." Kathlyn realized she actually didn't really know what her new position was called. She thought about it for a moment before settling on something. "the guild's receptionist." She said with a smile. "I only just took on this job so I hope you'll bear with me while I figure things out."

"...this is the application form," Kathlyn accepted the two forms from Azalea and quickly glanced over the content of the one that happened to be on top. Seems straightforward enough.

"You'll need to fill one out yourself. It requires a person's heritage and affinities, among other things. After you've filled it in I'll explain the guild items to you..." Kathlyn nodded and handed one of the two forms over to Zale who accepted it with a thank you.

"Excuse me a moment," Kathlyn smiled at Azalea. "Alright, just leave it to me! I'll have these forms sorted out by the time you get back."

After Azalea walked away Kathlyn turned her attention to the form before her, quickly jotting down some of her information before Zale spoke up. “So what do you think between us we can figure it out and figure out what to say since no one is sure who my family is. Im an orphan.” Kathlyn's eyes widened ever so slightly at this, she was well aware the world wasn't all sunshine and rainbows but she also wasn't used yet to being reminded of that fact. She would have to get used to it, she would probably get more than her fair share of reminders of it here. But that was also part of the reason why Kathlyn wanted to always face things with a happy attitude and a smile on her face, if she could make even just one person smile because of it she would be happy. "Oh, I'm sorry about that. You can just put that down, I'm sure that would be acceptable."

"Oh and maybe..."
She trailed off, suddenly leaning forward over the front desk, studying Zale's face under his hood from up close, she was going to extend her arm and push back his hood but she stopped herself right before her hand reached his hood. She pulled her hand back hastily, cheeks flushing red in embarrassment. "I'm sorry!" She blurted out. "That was very rude of me, I happened to notice you have a black eye and I almost wanted to heal it instinctively." She hadn't actually ended up pushing his hood back or touching him but she was still embarrassed about it, she should have asked if he wanted help before doing any of what she did.

"Once again I'm very sorry!" She said, cheeks still slightly red. "If you do want me to heal that black eye though, please do ask," She added, regaining her composure. "I don't charge anything."

She shifted her attention to the two forms on the counter, both of which were now almost fully filled out. "Miss Azalea," She called out leaning over the front desk. "I have the forms ready!"

Zale Liron
Location Guild Hall
Mentions: : Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph

Zale chuckled a little as she walked away with a not so big either that seemed like a good to place to stop. They had stopped growing about the same time they had started helping out around the guild it was kind of funny really. Zale had a feeling letting them join was a payback for all the things they had done.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Kathlyn, the guild's..." Zale simled blue eyes flicking over her.. "the guild's receptionist.I only just took on this job so I hope you'll bear with me while I figure things out." Zale simled , “Nice to meet you, “ Zale chuckled a little , “Of course we can be new together.” Zale watched as she took the paper and smiled at her. It seemed do-able . When she passed the paper over to them they took it with a soft thank you.

Zale started to write then paused when they got to the info about parents. The lack of parents wasn't their favorite thing to talk about. They after all had been properly abounded by them so it wasn't like there was much to say. Heck the pointy ears were the only clue they weren't all the way human. The teen looked her over the way one might if he was expecting her to say something overly kind. . "Oh, I'm sorry about that. You can just put that down, I'm sure that would be acceptable." Zale nodded. “ I think so too, not like I have much else I can say about them. They left me on a step in the rain. When she reached toward them they pulled back hard and fast. The rat tucked in his hood stirred and bristled up growling at the hand. “It's okay, “ Zale said as they flipped down the hood cupping the black rat with both hands and scoping him out of the hood. “That's why i ended up here today.” Zale paused, Zale chuckled at the rat and rubbed his head , “And Shadow is just grumpy. He might be the normalest rat in the world She hadn’t touched them but she would have met the teeth of a rat had she made it that far. Shadow wasn't mean he just was easily startled.

"Once again I'm very sorry!" “ Its ok, I promise, just maybe don't try to touch me without warning. I don't want Shadow to chomp you. “ Zale said, setting the rat down next to him on the counter, The black animal started to make soft sounds as Zale rubbed him.. "If you do want me to heal that black eye though, please do ask," “That would be great” Zale said . Zale put the last few touches on the paper as she called out for “ Azalea,"

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg

Mentions: Sylph Sylph
"I was going to say we could try being air pirates." Leonidas laughed. "I'm not sure if being air pirates goes hand in hand with drinking a barrel of alcohol every day and I'm also not sure how well sea shanties will be received when we're not on the sea." He shook his head in thought. "Perhaps I'll have to write some air shanties then." He paused for a moment. "Hmm, air shanties doesn't sound too good, sky shanties maybe." He remarked with a smile, bending over to pick up his rapier.

For a little while he watched Ymir observe their surroundings in silence, shaking all the leftover snow off of his rapier. He loosely held on to the grip of the weapon, not wanting to hang it back at his hip just yet. Ymir was too caught up in her ability to notice but Leonidas was immediately aware of the eyes opening on the walls. "Uh, that doesn't seem nor-" He started.

"INTRUUUUUUUUDERS!!"

The shriek completely drowned out what Leonidas had planned on saying next as he took a page out of Ymir's book and put his hand over his ears as well. "You're not going to make money as a performer with a voice like that!" He shouted at one of the many eyes on the wall. He didn't know if the creature would be able to understand what he was saying but it was his first priority to find out if it could, almost his entire magic arsenal would have little to no effect if it couldn't.

"I think we found her!!" Even in a situation like this Leonidas couldn't help but make a joke as a response. "You think so? Maybe you should become a detective!" He shouted to Ymir with a grin.

He steadied his grip on his rapier and did the one thing he could think of in the moment, run full speed at one of the many eyes on the wall, weapon ready. He realized something was amiss when he was about to stab his rapier forward into one of the eyes, he somewhat gracefully rolled to the side to dodge a beam of light before letting himself fall flat into the snow with far less grace when he realized he had rolled into the path of another beam.

"Couldn't they have informed us of the fact that it can shoot beams of light in the mission description?! This almost feels kind off unfair." He shouted, his tone somewhere in between joking and serious.

Ymir
Mentions:
"Uh-" It seemed their talk of pirating among the sky shanties was to be cut short. "That doesn't seem nor-"

A shame. The sky seemed far more appealing than where they were.

"You're not going to make money as a performer with a voice like that!" Leo yelled up at the roof of the cavern. Ymir questioned the point of insulting an entity that clearly wasn't nearby, though on principle it was valid enough--

"SILEEEEEENCE!!!!"

Her hands had only just come off her ears before they clapped the sides of her head again. Well- The enraged shriek rattled the loose ice, loud enough to make her head ring. They didn't like that.

"You think so? Maybe you should become a detective!"

Well maybe she would! Her ability leant itself enough to it. Ymir frowned as she noticed Leo's outline run towards something behind her and the rings around her eyes disappeared. It became immediately apparent what he had been trying to say before. She bit back a curse, seething at the sight of the walls filled with cyclopean eyes. Being a snoop was her special ability.

But there wasn't time to dwell. Ymir ducked out of the path of one of the frigid beams, jerking to a stop when something caught her cloak. It wrenched her back and as she turned to spy the culprit, her assessment of the situation didn't improve. The edges had been encased in a spire of ice where the beam had struck, and in her periphery she saw Leo fall into the path of another attack. One hand swung around to send a gust of wind spinning his way. The other unfastened her cloak, freeing herself to leap for cover as the burst of air sent the snow around Leo tumbling back.

"Couldn't they have informed us-"
She ducked under a beam as she grew closer to Leo's tirade. "-of the fact that it can shoot beams of light in the mission description?!" It seemed wherever the ice was smooth and transparent, the eyes could appear to attack them. "This almost feels kind of unfair."

Almost?! She was leaning towards absurdly so. Anyone who had encountered the eyes' abilities probably hadn't lived to pass on the knowledge. She leapt over a newly formed ice ridge to join his side, showing the silver waystone she'd pulled out of her bag. "I'm voting for retreat." They could escape and regroup--maybe call for backup from the guild. "Unless you have a better idea."

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Guild Hall]
{Interactions: Azalea Sylph Sylph }​

"A Demon?" Vas'On laughed softly "I definitely missed the fun then" he looked at the ceiling "Since you've got the opening, I'd say put in a proper skylight" he then shrugged "But I'm no contractor, I'm more of the Breaking type" he finished off his tea and set the empty cup down gently.

"As for what I'm going to do now. I've been thinking about that for a bit. I'm hitting a bit of a snag in my own training. If there are lower ranking members of the Guild who require a teacher or a guide, or perhaps just a sparring partner, I'd like to provide my services." Vas'On was a capable warrior and had been working as an adventurer for a while. But at a certain point, everyone hit a block in something. Vas'On hoped that by correcting the mistakes of those less experienced than him, he'd be able to figure out his own problems. Besides, he somewhat enjoyed how enthusiastic new members were.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg

Leonidas didn't like the way the fight, if one could even call this one-sided assault a fight, was going. After falling flat in the snow for what felt like at the very least the 5th time today he felt a gust of wind push him away with considerable force. He used a bit of wind manipulation of his own to avoid once again landing face first, instead, he just barely managed to land on his feet behind an ice ridge that seemed to have formed by the impact of the beam of light.

He wasn't sure what was up with this iron quest but there was no way a normal iron ranked adventurer would be able to take this alone and come out alive, perhaps if they happened to have a fire affinity they might stand a chance but then again what they were dealing with right now was most likely not even the main body of their enemy, there was no guarantee that taking out the eyes would solve the problem.

He cursed under his breath, this whole thing was getting out of hand fast. He had obtained a single piece of crucial information though, his previous insult had definitely struck a nerve of whatever they were dealing with which meant it was capable of understanding his words. He didn't think that alone would be enough to turn the fight around but he could use it to buy them some time.

He stood up from behind the ridge and shouted a simple instruction of "Don't listen!" at Ymir before putting his hand to his chest.

Through lands unknown and caves uncharted
This here 's not the time to be faint-hearted
A beam of light scraped by his arm, leaving a shallow cut just under his shoulder. The cut was by no means life-threatening but that didn't mean it didn't hurt like hell. Leonidas bit back a scream of pain and a curse as he forced himself to not break his rhyme.

With the authority to act as reality's playwright
I endeavor to draw upon the power of night

As my voice echoes forth through these caverns deep
Heed this as my warning and fall fast asleep

Leonidas let himself slump against the ridge he had previously been hiding behind, the hand that had been at his chest now clutching the wound on his other arm in an attempt to stop it from bleeding too much. He gave Ymir a nod as she crouched down next to him. "Thanks for the save back there." He said through gritted teeth. "I'm voting for retreat, unless you have a better idea." Leonidas shook his head. "That stunt back there was all I could think of for now and I doubt it'll be effective for much longer."

Bhora of Yutal

While the interior of the guild hall was bustling, what with repairs and new members and other tomfoolery, from the outside, aside from the giant hole in the ceiling that may draw some concerned attention from passerby, things seemed rather calm. Adventurer's coming and going, greeting each other with a joyous calling or a stray rude gesture. There were a few visitors from the city, either to trade goods with adventurers or visit those they knew. In all honesty, one would never have expected that, within just the last few days, they would have had a guaest that was more or less...unweclome. It just seemed like any other day.

And that is what brought Bhora to stare into space as he sat on the ground, legs crossed under him, completely motionless save for the subtle movement of his shoulders, indicating that he was indeed still a part of the land of the living. It was unclear how long he had been sitting there, save for the butterfly that was sitting peacefully on his bent knee, completely undisturbed, even when the breeze came by and gently blew against it's wings. Sifat was almost just as still, coiled lightly around his neck, head hanging over his shoulder like a scarf as his small eyes stared at each passerby. Bhora's scales shone in the sunlight, making his presence difficult to ignore. However, a lizardfolk in these parts of the country was hard to ignore in the first place.

Suddenly, or what felt as such, Bhora turned his head to the sky, rolling his skull around on his shoulders. Stretching, even if only a small bit. Sifat barely moved, only shifting himself slightly as Bhora rolled his shoulders, reaching one clawed hand up to grab the back of his neck as he puffed his chest out, crimson red scales visible just underneath his tunic. Groaning, he pushed himself to his feet, Sifat coiling himself more tightly so as not to slide off from the motion. When Bhora stood at his full height, he turned his eyes to the southwestern sky, but only for a moment, before he reached down and picked up his belongings he left on the ground, including an old knife and a even older leather pouch.

When they were fastened firmly to his belt once more, he reached a hand up and pulled Sifat off from his neck, who simply coiled his body around Bhora's wrist, as if he didn't care exactly where he was. as long as he was close to the druid. Bhora held Sifat closer to his face, looking him along. "You're long overdue for your shedding, Sifat." His voice sounded like rumbling earth, deep and strong, though quiet, like he spoke little and didn't care if he was heard. He did a quick observation before his eyes stopped on the small point of the snakes tail. "Or, well, I could be very wrong...You just have to make me seem like a fool." The snake seemed to almost nod as Bhora spoke, and his lip twitched slightly as he turned away from his companion. "I believe...that today shows promise. We've spent enough time recuperating. Let's take a look at the questing board, hm?"

Spinning around, he began to trek back towards the guild hall, with Sifat swaying from side to side with each of Bhora's steps like a pendulum.

{Open for Interaction}

Last edited:
1616328857852.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Up until this point, Eiru had been lost in a trance-like state, her mind torn from reality by a complex spell. The spell hadn't been cast upon herself but rather the tall foreboding figure that stood before her and the party but due to the twisted nature of the spell and Eiru's natural talent in enchanting and runic casting her mind quickly found itself caught up in the complex netting of the spells construction. Physically speaking Eiru must have seemed scared stiff but mentally Eiru was hard at work handling this out-of-body experience. This was not the first time Eiru had more or less left her body for solitude in a mental space, in fact at this stage in her life she was more than an expert in doing so. In fact it was how she more often than not prefered to reasearch a matter. However, being forced into such a state was very rare indeed.

Information streamed forth into the witch's mind, a full-on assault of mumbled and scattered information ensnared in a web of dastardly evil essence. A web that seemingly wished to spread and extend into her own mental space in a conquest for further reach. Ridiculous, who dared to challenge a witch of Tir na Nog to a battle of mental fortitude? The very act of even conspiring to do so would be the downfall of whatever or whoever it was spreading such a vile spell. Invading Eiru's mental space! Now that, that was something the witch would never allow. This was now personal. Eiru was no longer amused.

As the onslaught of information continued and the web slowly crept forward Eiru began to counter. What were once scattered fragments of information quickly shifted in space to become blatant and obvious. The very information that was being used to brute force her mental space quickly became a fortified bastion detailing the very means to which she could assure her victory. The battle was not tough. The words were not complex. The information was sloppily encrypted. Perhaps if Eiru had been a couple of hundred years younger she may have broken a sweat but as she was now the very attempt itself was an insult. Childs play.

In an instant, the web began to retreat but Eiru was in no mood to respect such an attempt. Her mana erupted and filled the darkroom with warmth, illuminating the area around her intensely and cracking the stone beneath her own two feet. The mana flowed violently and encompassed all present in a motherly embrace, warming and touching to the very soul. It was pacifying and lulling. That was until it began to burn. Physically no harm would befall those around her but internally magic circuits and souls alike would scream out in agony at the over-exposure to the witch's absurd mana flow. What was even worse was back in the mind space of Eiru her mana was flowing into the connecting web, flowing directly back towards whoever had cast the spell to begin with, their pain would be more than tenfold that of those around her and before she was cut off Eiru would impart a message to the caster 'To invade the mental space of a witch from Tir na Nog is to invade the realm itself. Do so again and you will be erased for the protection of our sacred home'.

Once cut off Eiru's mind was put to rest and she returned to her body her mana also ceasing its eruption. At this point, Eiru had exhausted half her total mana and was in a very sour mood, to say the least. With a stoic expression and monotonous voice, Eiru turned her head ever so slightly to glare at the slime approaching the group from behind, correcting her posture then and returning her focus to the 'warden' who seemed to have been protected by a magical barrier. "The magic surrounding you is disgusting. You reek of miasma... tell me what it is you hope to achieve down here. And make it quick, I'm rapidly losing interest in this quest...".

Farran Lynn Vanerie

circle-cropped.pngWith her first steps into a new world, and a new life, Farran carried a burning hope in her heart. It was her life-long dream to become an adventurer, to aid others on heroic quests that would benefit the peoples of the world. She dearly wanted to make a good new impression and be accepted by her peers. She wanted it to be different than back in her village. It was a chance for her to redo her entire life and be seen in a new light. Her biggest concern, however, was that Farran had no idea of the etiquette and customs of Lantana. Fortunately enough, there was an old ghost Farran had helped put to rest a few weeks ago whose strange demand at the time could be put to use now. Supposedly, this rather fussy spirit came of high class society of Lantana, who sought it appropriate to delay the resting of her troubled soul by boldly proclaiming;

'How can I, in the right mind, lay to rest knowing such a maiden like you, who possesses such horribly masculine and sociably vulgar habits and conduct still walks the land? I cannot! No, I absolutely refuse. I will not be able to find peace until I set you right, young lady!'

Recalling the grueling hours of posture correction and verbal abuse, Farran felt the harsh lessons oozing back out from within her bones and take hold once more. Arching her back, puffing out her chest, and swinging both her hips widely side to side, Farran's entire demeanor refitted almost immediately. She now jaunted with all the confidence of a high-society woman, but with all the grace of... a drunken two-legged gazelle. Turns out, some aspects of society have not aged well from a few hundred years ago.

Having no other references, Farran was completely unaware of how silly and out-of-fashion she looked as she made her way through the hall.

Although, in truth, it was a well-performed, faithful portrayal of conduct from Lantana's old society, after all that has been done. Maybe a historian would have clapped in appreciation, but the reaction she received was nothing of the sort. There was a sense of discomfort in the air. Her heart was racing now, as Farran stood halfway down center of the guild house. Her heterochromatic eyes flickered across at the odd stares and confused expressions of those nearby unlucky enough to bear witness to her clumsy interpretive dance routine. Each second of silence only made the desperate drumming of her heart grow louder in her ears.

Her face flushed pink, as the young girl fell into a bit of a panic.

Why were they looking at me like that? Was I not meant to do that? Was there a step somewhere that I missed? Did I perhaps offend them by making such a poor display of their culture and tradition? Oh no, oh gods... This is my first bout back into human society, and already, is it ruined and tarnish beyond belief...?

Farran probably looked like a lost puppy plopped into a new home, staring wide-eyed and shivering at every foreign thing. She eventually found enough strength to turn her head and glance up at Johan, seeking any sort of comfort or aid.

But all she would receive from the pale ghost of her brother, was a helpless shrug. 'Sorry, sis. They can't see or hear me, you're on your own on this one...'

Farran was at this point, completely dejected, thinking she was not only to be rejected and abandoned not only by her new home, but betrayed by her own kin as well. Farran buried her pink face into her hands and imagined that the only path for her now was to crawl back into the forest and bury herself, unable to live on with the shame. Hopefully, she could meet with that old Lantana noble in the afterlife, and blame them for leading her astray for all of time and un-time.

Her brother shook his head, heaving and letting out an inaudible sigh.
'Honestly, Farran, aren't you overreacting a bit much...?'

Last edited:
Klein EshwaldKlein Eshwald Small.jpg
Mentions:
SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Minma Minma
Klein was worried about leaving one of the two enemies to his companions when he didn't have a full grasp on their abilities yet, nevertheless the speed at which the dark blue wolf was approaching him made it clear he couldn't afford to worry about that at this moment. He threw up a small field of almost invisible sharp strings around him as a means of defense and stepped into a battle stance for his own modified version of the Eshwald's family swordplay.

One of Klein's worries was confirmed when he saw the wolf make contact with his field of strings, the strings dug into the wolf's skin like normal, creating some shallow cuts before being torn apart by the creature's claws. The strings making contact like normal wasn't the problem, in fact, it was a good thing, the fact that Klein hadn't instinctively felt the fact that the wolf had touched the strings without having to observe it happening himself worried him.

He had already expected this might be the case back when they were attacked earlier but he hadn't been able to confirm it. The creature from earlier could have just avoided his strings if they were very thorough. Now though, Klein was certain he wouldn't be able to feel the illusionary creatures trigger his perception through his strings.

He would have to think about it when not in immediate danger, he pushed the issue aside for now as the wolf swiped down at him with its claw. He grunted as he caught all the weight behind the attack with his cane, pushing back to stop the claw from hitting his face.

He made a swiping motion with his free hand and immediately felt the weight lessen as the wolf's leg snapped to the right, now anchored to the ground a few meters to the right. Klein stepped back swiftly, taking advantage of the wolf's surprise to anchor its left leg to the ground as well. He didn't expect the binds to hold on long, faced with the raw strength of a wolf at this size so he immediately got to work.

He felt the connection between himself and the wolf deepen as he came close to taking initial control of the creature. However, instead of the familiar feeling of his senses overlapping with those of his marionette he felt a sharp stab of pain and was forced to release his control. He bit back a curse, not feeling their presence with his strings was one thing, not being able to turn them into marionettes was an entirely other problem.

He stumbled back a bit, relieved to see the wolf was still struggling with its bindings. He tossed his cane aside and raised both hands, strings forming out of all ten of his fingertips. After anchoring the wolf to the ground in several different spots Klein calmly picked his cane back up, walking over to the wolf. The creature tried to bite at him but Klein simply waved his free hand and strings wrapped around its mouth, keeping it shut.

Klein observed the wolf for a moment before readying his cane, stabbing it forward to where the wolf's heart would normally be. "I've been held up here long enough, I have a fortress to get to." He said coldly, pulling back his cane with considerable force. It came out just as pristine as before he had stabbed it in, not a single speck of blood present. Klein saw but to his frustration didn't feel the tension of his strings decrease as the wolf started to fade away.

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions:
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Vol Vol Starwalker123 Starwalker123 Key of Stars Key of Stars Refaulted Refaulted Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
"A Demon? I definitely missed the fun then." Vas'on glanced up at the hole in the roof, taking on what she assumed to be a thoughtful visage. "Since you've got the opening, I'd say put in a proper skylight."

Sure.
There was the cost of materials, the necessary equipment, the people for installation--the fact the guild wasn't exactly rolling in funds with the next levy coming up and... ah.

The levy. She'd need to deal with that.

"-but I'm no contractor. I'm more of the Breaking type." Vas'on's teacup clinked against the plate, the sound small and delicate despite his orc-ish hands. Azalea half listened through the financial tangent her mind had taken, thinking furiously on whether there'd be enough commissions to make the cut. "As for what I'm going to do now. I've been thinking about that for a bit. I'm hitting a bit of a snag in my own training. If there are lower ranking members of the Guild who require a teacher or a guide, or perhaps just a sparring partner, I'd like to provide my services."

"There are plenty," she murmured. Thinking of them all made her head ache, but Vas'on wasn't the only one who had been willing to help the new adventurers. Azalea thanked the lucky stars for those senior members. They freed up so much time and—ah, speaking of more recent members.

"Miss Azalea," Kathryn called out from the desk, waving the papers to catch her attention. "I have the forms ready!"

She sighed in defeat, glancing to Faygo. "Looks like we'll deal with the roof later. Go take care of your new... project before he goes beserk again." And don't let him anywhere near my herb patches. Azalea had enough trouble with Effy sneaking in there, let alone a vindictive crustacean.

"Vas'on, if you'd follow me." She turned from the table to rejoin Kathryn and Zale at the front desk, plucking the forms from the former's grasp to examine them at arms length. "This is Kathryn and Zale," she said, speaking to Vas'on who she assumed followed behind. "Kathryn will be staying in the guild with me, but Zale has decided he wants to take up the adventuring life." It was quite a funny sight, seeing Zale in front of the towering Vas'on, who even without the twin swords strapped across his back stood taller than a good many in the realm. Despite both being half-elves they couldn't seem further apart.

"Zale," she said, "this is Vas'on, one of our senior members who I'm sure you've seen around." Azalea glanced down at the forms again, squinting at certain lines as if she couldn't quit see. "I'll go grab your guild items in a moment if you want to introduce yourself. Kathryn, you'll need to learn about these too, since you're-"

She cut off when the doors swept open, revealing yet another encounter. Her head swung around, zeroing in on the new visitor before—hm? She spotted the distinctive sheen of scales a ways down the path behind them. Even at a distance the glimpse of their form was easy to distinguish. So Bhora's returned as well.

Her attention returned to the unknown arrival as the doors swung shut. She stilled upon seeing the distinctive sway they walked with, beginning to tense. A relic of the bygone era that most wouldn't be familiar with—she certainly hadn't encountered it outside the circle of a particular family—but the garish and conspicuous totter of the nobility was unmistakeable. It was beyond her how those aristocrats thought it endeared them.

The forms crumpled in her hands as they came to a stop in the centre of the hall. Her head spun with different thoughts and contingencies, but at the centre of it all one predominant question remained. What is someone from the embassy doing here?

No sooner had she begun to consider the upcoming levy—though it was usually the treasury that sent their people—than their demeanour shifted. They recoiled and seemed to close in on themselves, and Azalea realised that their gait aside, their appearance resembled very little of the noble houses of Lantana.

"...Is there something I can help you with?" she said eventually. Perhaps they'd been hexed, or cursed, or eaten some kind of strange berry from the forest. In fact the chances of them being nobility diminished with each second. Azalea had encountered her unfortunate share of the upper-class breed—the fidgeting newcomer was about as far as one got of those unflappable entities.

Farran Lynn Vanerie

circle-cropped-png.880152

"Ah...!"

Farran winced at the knife-like imperial stare of the woman, who had parts of their skin parched and stemmed into a strange chlorophyllic matter. It was an alarming condition, of which she had no previous experience or account for. But, setting aside her general concern for this matter, Farran was far more worried at the possibility of having offended a guildsman. And based on the businesslike air of authority they possessed, this must be someone of import... One, which she had just imposed onto by her careless actions. The young highland girl felt a great shame, immediately shifting her gaze downward like a child being scolded.

I messed up again...

The young sky-haired girl could barely speak, overwhelmed by embarrassment. She was used to being the source of venting anger from figures of authority. But Farran had so wished that her new life here would take on a different leaf. Still, she wasn't ready to be kicked out again. Farran wanted to fix her wronging. Or at least, explain herself.

"I - A'm sorreh... I didn't mean to offend you..." she muttered, shifting both her feet together like a child.
Her voice was airy and light, but there was an obvious accent to the soft-spoken words. Farran had the inklings of a foreign accent punctuated with a lingering rhoticity, closed consonant blend, and an open-mouthed method of vocalizing most of her vowels. If bagpipes could speak, this might be the way they sounded.

"I was jost... I was taught this was one of the customs followed by people of Lantana..." she said, bright red like a cherry and nearly at tears, "You see, t'ere was this ghost I ferried to the afterlife proper out in the mountains. You can blame my insulting demeanor on them! Oh, but what proof do I have..."

She buried her face in her hands now, "It sounds ridiculous, but you must believe me! I really... I jost wanted to fit in..."
Farran's eyes were orbs of gleaming water as she looked up at Azalea. She then clasped both of her hands together in a pleading gesture. "If some stranger marched into my home and made a mockery of my traditions, I would be livid as well... but please don't throw me out too! Please, won't you give me another chance?"

Farran whined like a doting puppy trying to appease its master, a sight that her brother took great delight in. She was usually so hard-headed and brazen that this was a rare sight indeed. Never he would imagine for her to beg, let alone plead like a wounded pup at the heels of someone. The ghost was having a hoot, literally laughing his head off, to no one else's awareness but her own. Farran swallowed her annoyance and ignored his frustratingly insensitive giggles. This meant the world to her, and if Farran had to throw away her pride, so be it.

Last edited:
Bhora of Yutal

Bhora was not one for man-made structures that much. That was probably the reason he didn't enjoy staying around the guild for any longer than a handful of days, preffering faring the wild, where he felt he at least had a bit more control, compared to the harsh brick walls and silly decorative objects that lined the walls. The wooden floors, covered with rugs that stretched in every direction and completely flat had at first made him unable to hold his balance for more than a few minutes. He was used to the uneven grounds of the swamps, which rose and fell with each step, making the whole ordeal different with every trek. When he had first entered the guild halls, it was much too predictable for him.

But now, he found it easier to put one foot in front of the other, not placing his heel down too hard or too soft. He allowed himself a small twinge of pride at the progress he made, from tripping over his own two feet and having a couple of the other members of the guild snickering at him under their breath. Most of his willingness to adjust and not run back to the wilds was his need to spite them, but it still embarrassed him to remember it. What grown being couldn't even walk properly? He was almost jealous of his companion for not having to worry about such trifle things, able to just slither from place to place.

As he walked through the archways into the hall, he paid little mind to the cliques of adventurers around him. A majority of them he struggled to even recall their names, even the ones he had joined on quests before. Many seemed to either fear him or find his presence rather detestable, which he could easily understand. From his time around other societies, stories about lizardfolk, especially the infamous Jishtar of Yutal, were not pleasant ones. Thankfully, in Lantana, they were at least more hospitable than the humans and other spare races that surrounded the wetlands of his prior home.

Upon reaching the board, Bhora shook Sifat gently, who took a moment before turning to look at the board with the lizardfolk. Bhora briefly glanced at the silver and gold quests, not giving them much mind since they were above his qualifications, and so instead, he looked to the iron quests. He had spent his time slogging through the muddy waters that were copper quests, and so he was keen to avoid those. He didn't deny their necessity in helping new adventurer's get a feel for the lifestyle, which he was thankful for when he began. But now, he was ready to move on from those. He held Sifat up closer to the board. "What strikes you as worthwhile?" Sifat swayed from poster to poster, an incredibly funny sight, as if the reptile was actually reading the words on the parchments. But Bhora paid any stares no mind as he waited for the snake to make some sort of indicative movement. Eventually, he pointed his nose at a paper, and immediately the word 'Behemoth' stood out to the druid. A brief flash of giant boars and dangerous swamp creatures flashed across his mind, memories from another life. He took a deep breath and then nodded his head. "Very well."

He turned around, walking steadily towards Azalea and her growing group. As he approached them, he looked over the scribe. When he had first joined the guild, so many months ago now, he had been transfixed by her condition, something he wished he was able to understand better. However, like him, she seemed to not allow many in for personal relationships. Her professionalism, though, was highly commendable, and he respected that whatever ailed her physical body did not deter her from her duties. All he could do was keep his curiosity at bay. Once near the group, Sifat looked to the rest of the group, his tongue forking out quickly and flicking the air as it seemed he analyzed each of them with beady eyes. "Azalea, this Behemoth of the Jamemba Jungle, have any other adventurer's taken up that quest? The two of us..." He lifted Sifat lightly as he spoke. "...are willing to handle this job."

[Interacting with Azalea Sylph Sylph ]

Mentions:
Starwalker123 Starwalker123 Sylph Sylph Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
Kathlyn hadn’t even noticed the rat when she was about to push back Zale’s hood, she was even more glad that she had stopped herself, not because she was afraid of getting bitten by the rat, she had at least 10 different methods to cure a simple rat bite ready in her backpack, but because she didn’t want to scare the little creature.

Now that Zale’s hood was down she got an even better look at his black eye, it was nothing she couldn’t cure with her magic, she wouldn’t need any specially made medicine for it and she could do it in less than 10 seconds. Now that she had Zale’s consent she figured there was no reason to wait.

“Could you hold still for just a moment? This might feel a bit odd but it won’t hurt.” She said, extending her hand covered in a soft green glow to his face. She pressed her fingers against the injury softly, some of the green glow seemingly leaking off her hand and onto the injury which disappeared like it had never been there in the first place.

She finished her small treatment just before Azalea got back, a larger man in tow. "This is Kathryn and Zale, Kathryn will be staying in the guild with me, but Zale has decided he wants to take up the adventuring life." Kathlyn extended her hand over the counter. “Yes, I’m Kathlyn Silva, the guild’s new receptionist. It’s nice to meet you!”

She ever so slightly zoned out when Azalea addressed Zale but she did manage to pick up Vas’on’s name as well as the fact that Azalea occasionally squinted at the forms she had gotten filled out. “Are the forms not satisfactory miss Azalea?” Kathlyn asked nervously.

"I'll go grab your guild items in a moment if you want to introduce yourself. Kathryn, you'll need to learn about these too, since you're-" Kathlyn followed Azalea’s gaze when she trailed off, shooting a concerned glance at her boss as the first ever two forms she had ever filled out as the guild receptionist became increasingly crumpled up in Azalea’s hands.

"...Is there something I can help you with?" Azalea’s grasp on the forms relaxed a bit and her tone seemed normal again, Kathlyn secretly heaved a sigh of relief and observed the newcomer from behind the front desk.

She stayed silent when the newcomer explained their behaviour, at several points in the story she had the urge to jump in and assure the newcomer that everything would be fine and that she wouldn’t be kicked out over something like that but they had addressed Azalea, not her, and Kathlyn really didn’t want to overstep her bounds on her first day of work.

She figured she could at least introduce herself, that wouldn’t be overstepping her bounds right? As the guild’s receptionist that should be a normal part of her job. “Welcome! I’m Kathlyn Silva, the guild’s receptionist, I’ll do my best to assist you!” She said in her usual cheery tone and with a smile on her face. “If miss Azalea approves.” She added in a barely audible mutter.

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Guild Hall]
{Interactions: Azalea Sylph Sylph / Kathlyn Key of Stars Key of Stars / Zale Starwalker123 Starwalker123 }​

Vas'On stood there as he was introduced before Azalea was pulled away once more by newcomers. The poor Guild Official was always neck deep in some work or another, he turned to look back at the two he was introduced to, the receptionist was holding out her hand to shake his. He chuckled and reached forwards, his large hand completely enveloping hers "Pleased to meet you as well, Miss Silva" he said shaking her hand lightly "The Guild always needs capable receptionists and though she might not admit it, Azalea appreciates the help...just as long as you don't mess up the paperwork" he grinned "But don't take her attitude to heart. If she was really upset with someone...well..." he trailed off.

While the receptionist did her best to do her job, he turned to look at Zale. Small, though most people were small to him, he'd rarely met people taller than him who didn't have some sort of Giant or Dragon blood in them. This one wasn't a warrior, at least not in the conventional sense. He'd probably work best as a rogue or perhaps a bard?

"Zale was it? What is your reason for becoming an adventurer?" he asked, mostly for his own curiosity "Money? Fame? Power? Many other professions can offer much the same without the threat of injury or death." Vas'On himself was an adventurer because he liked a challenge, to test himself against his peers and creatures of mighty strength. He supposed there was the off chance that the young man might seek to be a Hero, but that was a rare and dangerous calling, one that was often as thankless as it was dangerous...also, if he was honest with himself, this one didn't look like much of a Hero.

But perhaps he was wrong. Heroes often came from very strange walks of life.

Zale Liron
Mentions Azalea Sylph Sylph / Kathlyn Key of Stars Key of Stars / Vas'On Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Zale’s eyes studied her as he stroked the rat. Shadow was a good boy and it would have hurt him to see anyone bitten by the animal. The bruise wasn't bad but having it and the pain gone would be good.“Could you hold still for just a moment? This might feel a bit odd but it won’t hurt.” The green light hurt their eyes so they shut them softly opening them when it was finished , “Thank you.” they whispered just as the other pair walked over to them

Zale heard and saw the bigger member of the guild before he walked over with her. This one was a familiar sight and another half elf. That put his mind at ease, even if the difference couldn't be any bigger. He was a hulking impressive man where Zale was anything but.

"Kathryn will be staying in the guild with me, but Zale has decided he wants to take up the adventuring life." Zale nodded when she spoke . Zale didnt know for sure if thats the way they would have put it but that was fine if that's the way everyone else put it., “I have, Nice to formally meet you Vas'on, “ That's when Zale spotted the other newcomer Bhora, another face they knew from their time around the hall. Thats when the other newcomer entered and Zale recoiled. What was someone dressed like that and acting in such a manner doing here. Someone form the embassy . Zale’s hands froze, even the one on the black rat.

"...Is there something I can help you with?" with those words a hand darted to the hilt of the dagger as if drawn by force. Zale kept their eyes watching others gathered around. Theiere was a mix of new and old faces. Zale listened but didn't speak until the tall man spoke to them. When “The Guild always needs capable receptionists and though she might not admit it, Azalea appreciates the help...just as long as you don't mess up the paperwork" he grinned "But don't take her attitude to heart. If she was really upset with someone...well..." he trailed off. The youngster cracked a smile at his words. It was true of the other lady and she did need help even if she wouldn't say it.

"Zale was it? What is your reason for becoming an adventurer?" he asked, mostly for his own curiosity "Money? Fame? Power? Many other professions can offer much the same without the threat of injury or death." Zale nodded and spoke, “Zale Liron, They said softly it was a name that had been chosen for them but it fit so that was what they used, “Will i’m an orphan and honestly none of those reasons, but something in me has always been drawn to help. Not so sure if it's to be a hero but to make others lives better. Give then a chance at better than what I had.’ zale paused, “Money wouldnt hurt.” The rat shifted under the teens hand as if reminding them he was there.

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Starwalker123 Starwalker123 Refaulted Refaulted Key of Stars Key of Stars
"The Guild always needs capable receptionists, and though she might not admit it, Azalea appreciates the help...just as long as you don't mess up the paperwork." Azalea's grin fell between vexed and amused as Vas'on addressed her new helper. "But don't take her attitude to heart. If she was really upset with someone...well..."

"Oh stop that," she said, as if she hadn't already tried to frighten them off herself. "I'm not that scary."

She seemed to take it on board regardless. “Are the forms not satisfactory, miss Azalea?”

She'd paused her scrutiny, shaking her head with a sigh. "No, it's not that. They're fine." The hand writing was neat and deliberate and all the parts were filled well enough. "The words are a bit hard to make out is all."

She turned her attention to the newcomer, setting the form down on the counter to smooth it out absentmindedly.

"I - A'm sorreh... I didn't mean to offend you... I was jost... I was taught this was one of the customs followed by people of Lantana..."

Azalea frowned—by who? With their accent it wouldn't be inconceivable that someone thought to make it a prank. Lantana could be unkind to outsiders, even if they did appear human. It varied with the area, but... well there was a reason guild lay on the outskirts. Azalea crossed her arms, growing pensive the longer she listened.

"You see, t'ere was this ghost I ferried to the afterlife proper out in the mountains. You can blame my insulting demeanor on them! Oh, but what proof do I have... It sounds ridiculous, but you must believe me! I really... I jost wanted to fit in... If some stranger marched into my home and made a mockery of my traditions, I would be livid as well... but please don't throw me out too! Please, won't you give me another chance?"

Azalea's mouth opened... only to close, repeating the motion several times. They spoke so quickly, shuffling around and glancing to and fro as if fearful of attack. The ghost was the least of her concerns--it was far from the strangest thing she'd heard--but their woeful eyes begging for a sign of forgiveness, that struck a cord. Look around, she wanted to say, though she settled for silence instead. Humanoid plants, lizard-like men, an orc of an elf. Small orphans with rats on their heads and tasselled hillbillies with crab claws. Do any of us look like we fit in-?

“Welcome!"
Kathryn said, cutting through the discomfort. Azalea blinked, glancing over at the bright and sunny smile as they stepped forward. "I’m Kathlyn Silva, the guild’s receptionist, I’ll do my best to assist you!” Kathryn paused, before appending more quietly. “If miss Azalea approves...”

Azalea sighed, defeated. I guess there's no denying it. Someone like Kathryn was long overdue as a receptionist. A friendly face that could put people at ease, rather than whatever reactions she inspired. "I don't-"

-mind,
she almost finished, but for another voice entering the conversation.

"Calm down."

They spoke with a peculiar static, approaching the sniffling, blue-haired newcomer with scarcely a sound, setting a hand on their shoulder with a soothing smile. "She wouldn't throw you out." A halo of violet hair seemed to defy gravity, swirling above their shoulders. A spiritual being?

Azalea wouldn't have cared either way. But as they turned to address her, their smile melted away, eyes turning to shards of obsidian."-would she?"

Azalea's smile dropped several degrees.

Any semblance of friendliness fled. The new newcomer had an entirely different air about them. The bearings of someone who possessed power and, going by the stern look they fixed her with, was content to exercise it. Awful brazen of you to take that tone with me.

"As a matter of fact," Azalea said, her tone clipped. "I might."

"Azalea..." Though she tried not to pass over the irritation, her arms remained crossed as she glanced to Bhora. He clutched a request in his hand, standing with his usual air of discomfort that came with flat ground. "This Behemoth of the Jamemba Jungle, have any other adventurer's taken up that quest? The two of us..." He lifted the snake hanging off his arm. "...are willing to handle this job."

"It's available," she said. There wasn't much she could discuss, but then he wasn't the type to hang around long anyway. "Will you be taking anyone else along? Kathryn--can you please deal with those two for a moment."

Last edited:
Farran Lynn Vanerie
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

circle-cropped-png.880152
Farran
held her breath as she waited for a reply, holding her head low because she was too afraid to look. She was inflated like a balloon, her anxiety growing with each passing moment. The poor girl looked like she was going to pop and spill her guts all over the hall. A little morbid, admittedly. But this was truly how she felt. This was a matter of life and death.

But when she had been addressed, first to an unexpected second, and then to an unpredictable third time, Farran nearly had whiplash from turning her head rapidly back and forth to every new face.

Her large bright eyes blinked timidly, clouded in confusion, as conflicting sights greeted them. She was unsure how to really think or react. On one hand, an unknown, unnamed stern and spooky face had place a hand on her shoulder, telling her to 'calm down' -- And on the other, Farran was greeted with a warm smile akin to sunshine by the guild's very own receptionist. Farran, in an uncomfortable fidget, nudged over to the side of Kathryn as she watched the silent exchange between Azalea and F'aer'nun-thae. The girl shrunk under the stormy gazes of the two predators that had risen overhead and now stood on both sides of her. She wanted to say something to help calm the situation, but it was like she was staring up at two titans. Farran felt that even if she shouted at the top of her lungs, her words wouldn't reach their ears in the thunderclouds.

"As a matter of fact," Azalea said, her tone clipped. "I might."

Farran's heart dropped at this. She didn't know which she was referring to, herself or the woman who apposed her. But she assumed the worst. Farran immediately felt tears welling up, her nose beginning to drip as a heavy wave of sadness crashed down upon her tiny form. With those few words, she felt her dreams get crushed before her very eyes. She tried to hide the shamefulness by covering her face with her hands, trying her best to shrink and disappear. But the sniffling can easily be heard.

When Azalea shoveled the two newcomers off to handle other business, leaving them to the fate of the guild receptionist, Farran really didn't know how to think.

Her face poked up from her hands, a hopeful star shining in her eyes, glittering in the teary, dribbling mess of her dumbfounded expression.
"Does that mean... I get to stay...?" she peeped up, looking at Kathryn quizzically.

Last edited:
에나 on Twitter.jpeg
Minma Gate

Minma keep his pace with the two others as they made there way through Gaenet. His dwarf dragon seemed to be struggling the most to keep up with the group. Suddenly, an approaching sound caught Minma's attention. To his surprise it was the presence of an advancing pack of blue wolves. To Minma, it had seemed that the wolves already had there targets. He watched as his companions were now being rushed by wolves, and so was he.

He looked down at his dragon that was now hidden behind his leg. He couldn't focus on the other two, for now he had three wolves all approaching him. A sly move of the arm put his sword into his hand. He matched the vicious swipes of the paws by the wolves with swings of his sword. He was fending off six paws filled with razor sharp claws simultaneously. A grin appeared upon his face. These filthy creatures honestly think they can take me on? Minma then began to do a front flip, and as he was directly over the wolf in the air, he sliced straight through his back, causing the wolf to disappear before his feet hit the ground.

Minma's face was now facing opposite of the wolves. Minma turned his sword and swung it directly behind him, feeling the force of penetration.
"Thought so." A wolf was attempting to jump into Minma's back when his back was turned, which to Minma was not surprising. "When a cowardly foe is faced with an enemy, there bound to attack from behind at any giving chance." Minma quickly turned around and was now meet with a singular wolf. It was growling with spit leaving it's mouth. The wolf attacked, snapping at Minma. It was countered with a block of his sword. Then when Minma moved his eyes to look at his dragon to the left of him, the wolf made quick work at jumping to the right and attacking Minma. Minma barely managed to put up his sword in time to block the teeth. The force of the push was enough to make Minma fall to the ground, with the wolf onto of him.

The wolf released grip from his sword and began snapping at his head. Minma dodged left and right avoiding the wolfs teeth. "DAMMIT. GET THE HELL OFF OF ME!" As he yelled that Minma pulled his sword in the way of the wolves mouth, allowing him to bite down on it, and once it did Minma flipped him over. Minma couldn't stay on top of the wolf due to it kicking his sharp paws left and right. As Minma lifted off of him he knew his chance to get rid off it was about to come. And it did. The second he saw the wolf go to get up he sliced at his neck. The short moment the wolf attempted to get up, Minma knew would open a blindspot where the wolf vision was focused on the ground.

He had successfully fended off his wolves. He looked over and noticed Klein had just got done getting ride of one. As he looked over to Themisto it seemed to him that she was at a disadvantage at the moment. She was behind a shield, while a wolf was constantly hitting at it. Without thinking he jolted over to her and when he was about ten feet away from the wolf he lifted his sword out in front of him in a horizontal manner. The aura around him changed.
"One sword style, thirty six caliber falcon." And with that he sent sharp gust of wind through the air using his sword sharp blade. The sharp air traveled directly to the wolf and sliced him in multiple places.

Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

Mentions:
Sylph Sylph SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

"Will you be taking anyone else along? Kathryn--can you please deal with those two for a moment." Kathlyn nodded. "Understood! Oh but miss Azalea, my name is Kathlyn, with an L instead of an R." She said with a small chuckle, it wasn't the first time someone had called her Kathryn. After all, Kathryn was a far more popular name than her version of the name and if said quickly her slight accent did make it sound like she was saying Kathryn instead of Kathlyn.

As Azalea turned away Kathlyn focussed her attention on the two newcomers on the other side of the counter. One of them still had the intense look that they had used to engage in a staredown with Azalea on their face while the other looked about ready to break down and cry her eyes out. She crouched down under the counter and pulled out two empty application forms. She held one out for the dark-haired woman to take. "Could you please fill out this form and wait for a bit afterward? You can take a seat at one of the tables if you don't feel like standing while waiting. I only very recently started work in this position so there is only so much I can do without miss Azalea's assistance, I hope you understand." Kathlyn said with a polite smile. "If there is anything else that you would like, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will attempt to assist to the best of my abilities." She added, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

After the dark-haired woman had taken the form Kathlyn focussed her attention on the other newcomer. She could have just given her the form and asked her to wait for a moment like the other newcomer but she would feel bad about leaving someone who seemed ready to cry alone. Just as Kathlyn was about to address the newcomer they peeked up at her from behind their hands. "Does that mean... I get to stay...?" Kathlyn shot her a reassuring smile. "I'll do my best to make sure you are accepted into the guild and have a wonderful time here." She said, putting the application form down in front of the newcomer before turning around and rummaging around in her backpack.

"The form I just gave you is the application form for the guild, please don't be in a rush to fill it out, take a moment to calm down first." Kathlyn said over her shoulder, still rummaging around in the mess in her backpack. She pulled out two items and turned around to face the newcomer again with a smile. "Would you like a drink?" She asked, holding up a wooden flask she had pulled out from her backpack. "It's self-made herb tea of my own recipe." She explained, setting the flask down on the counter.

"Oh, and you can have this if you'd like." She held out a small vial containing a swirling golden-brown liquid. "It's a calming potion, it won't make you feel tired or impair your thinking, it will only help you calm down a little." She explained, putting the vial down next to the flask. "Of course I understand if you don't accept either of them, accepting premade drinks from strangers is generally not something I would do either." Kathlyn said with a lighthearted chuckle.

Kathlyn softly tapped the form she had placed down in front of the newcomer. "Feel free to fill it out here at the counter or you can find a table to sit down at to fill it in. If you have any questions or if you want to just talk about something I'll be here." She assured the newcomer, her smile even more radiant than before.

Ymir
Mentions:
"Don't listen!"

Seven hells- she should just keep her hands over her ears. As much as she wanted to hear whatever Leo came up with, it would be a bad idea on all fronts. She ducked behind the ridge instead, hands clamped over the sides of her head as she trilled away any remaining sound under her breath.

The flashing eyes didn't stop around them. She'd hoped to be safe tucked away inside the small enclave, but sure enough an eye appeared in the ice across from her. She cursed and rolled to the side as it shot a beam. A stinging pain grazed her hip as the area frosted over. She froze when where she landed brought her face to face with another eye--

Not good--!

She rolled again. Whatever Leo was casting had to be powerful. She counted five, ten... fifteen seconds until the incessant flashing finally paused, and the eyelids around them slowly started to lower and fade.

Leo dropped down beside her as she slumped back with a sigh, finally taking her hands away. It was an outright pain to dodge without them. Glancing over she saw he'd been clipped by one of the beams, clutching at the area on his arm where it had iced over. Rather than cold, the familiar sensation burned wherever she'd been hit. Bloody frostbite.

At least she was sure she had some potions for it in her...

Bag.

Mother of dawn-!

"Thanks for the save back there," Leo managed beside her. He clutched his arm as she stared goggle-eyed at her satchel. She felt like crying. The material had been frozen solid with no way of opening the cover, let alone reaching inside. She'd potions and everything. At least the waystone is out...

"That stunt back there was all I could think of for now and I doubt it'll be effective for much longer."

"So we'll need to be fast," she muttered. Her eyes flashed beneath a frown, far more vindictive in her search this time round. Her hip, her elbow, her foot--they blistered as if they'd been burned, the cold refusing to numb a damn thing.

"Alright, I think I found her." There was a peculiar cave not far down one of the corridors. She stood, pressing tentatively on the foot encased in ice. "Let's gh--ack!"

It refused to hold any weight--or perhaps it would break if it did. She fell face forward, and it didn't take long before a seething aura drifted up from where she landed. Her nose was red with the cold, eyes glittering dangerously as she lifted her head--far less amicable in defeat than her companion. I'll kill her. Absolutely. Without a doubt.

"Ok."
She pushed herself up, refusing any help should it be offered as she steadied herself. "It should be this way-" Prepared to shake off the loss, she managed exactly one step before the icy club-foot slipped again and she went straight back down.

She didn't get up that time, pointing wordlessly at one of the caves instead. I'm done for. Leo, do your best to avenge me.

defgobf-822de872-52bd-4631-a768-f2c103cef167.jpg
Tyron Avattica
Mentions:
Vol Vol Uasal Uasal
'Fuck. It's back.'

Tyron registered what the disembodied words referred to as a familiar, muddy sound filled the hall behind them. His back stiffened, glancing to the witch who had gone still and silent beside him. The group was effectively pincered between the slime and whatever entity stood in front of them--

'Close your eyes.'

Are you kidding me-? That thing was behind them and the enemy in front and Zion wanted him to--

Something flew over their heads and Tyron swore under his breath moments before it detonated, raising a hand. Whitish blue flared against his eyelids, resembling a flash of lightning in all but the rumbling aftermath. Something shoved his shoulder and Tyron stumbled, snarling as the battlemage rushed past. Watch it-!

It wasn't the pressing issue though. The slime had stretched out in the corridor behind them, creating an acidic veil from roof to floor. The pungent colour had diluted somewhat as its mass grew, the bones of the undead in their cells dissolving slower than Zion had in the catacombs. Tyron readied his sword as the skull inside its mass swivelled to face them. A larger slime would be harder to handle, but as its mass grew the acidity would fall, becoming easier to break apart and slower to recover.

"Oi witch, get ready." The skull inside it hadn't disappeared, and Tyron had a feeling he knew why. If Zion could handle that strange-acting scout then he'd focus on blowing a hole in the head of the slime. His magic hummed in preparation across the edge of his blade as the witch's energy began to warm his chest--softer than it had before but rising in intensity. Except instead of moving away into the spell, it continued to gather. Growing in potency until it began to burn--

Tyron's grip tightened, teeth grinding as the energy that was supposed to move to his weapon remained stuck in his chest, growing more and more searing. The skull inside the slime paused, swaying towards the witch as if in contemplation. The shadows across bleached bone seemed to stretch wide into a smile. The pale, greyish mass began to darken once more, contorting more easily.

No no no- The steel blade hit the stone floor with an echoing clang. Tyron clutched his chest as the pained moans of the undead joined the cacophony. Some began to tear at their decaying bodies while others scrambled away. He'd have shouted for her to stop--whatever she was doing was hurting more than the undead--but he could barely spare the air to breath as he sunk to the floor. What is she doing?

When--and it would be when--Tyron got back from this godforsaken mission he would be finding the first person he could to teach him magic fortifications. No more of these incorporeal attacks. He heard the witch stomp her foot beside him as her magic ebbed away. He swallowed great breaths, searching for his fallen sword.

"The magic surrounding you is disgusting. You reek of miasma... tell me what it is you hope to achieve down here. And make it quick, I'm rapidly losing interest in this quest..."

What? His hand twitched as the witch spoke, expression contorting. She'd just thrown her mana around like some kind of incorporeal club--at least, that's what it felt like--now this? His head ached as he stood, using his sword as a crutch. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the black mass looming behind them.

"You have quite the aura there, dearie." The warden brushed themselves off, expression deadpan. It hadn't seemed to affect them. "Perhaps you might make a better host..."

Asshole. At this stage, Tyron didn't care what the hell the witch had been trying to achieve. His body ached and above all that he was seething. Reaching out he grabbed the witch by her collar.

"Fine then," he growled. The warden raised a brow and the witch might've responded, but he didn't care what crap she pulled to get out of this one. "She's a pain anyway."

The scout had stumbled when the blinding flash had filled the hall, blinking away the spots in their gaze. They were slow to react to the figure barrelling towards them, leaving an opening for attack--brief as it was--that sent them sprawling before the witch's aura began to expand.

Unlike the light, the energy crackled harmlessly off the scout's body, fended by some kind of spiritual barrier. The brown-pelted ferret seemed similarly protected, but the snowy one wasn't so lucky. It curled up and whimpered, mirroring the actions of the figure in the cell beside the scout; and the red-garbed male all but collapsed, unprepared for a magic attack of that calibre.

With most of the corridor incapacitated, the slowly pulled themselves to their feet.

"The magic surrounding you is disgusting. You reek of miasma... tell me what it is you hope to achieve down here. And make it quick, I'm rapidly losing interest in this quest..."

"You have quite the aura there, dearie." The scout said, rubbing their jaw. Pain was such a foreign feeling. "Perhaps you might make a better host-"

"Fine then." The warden blinked. The red noble grabbed the back of the witches clothes, lifting her as if he were preparing to--

Wait--

"She's a pain anyway." Despite having been hit with a spiritual attack, the prince showed little difficulty in flinging the witch down the hall. Perhaps it was spite, the scout considered, right before they braced for impact--if there were to be any.

Tyron didn't wait to see if it hit, turning to unleash an attack on the slime that lunged in the same moment from behind. The walls of the dungeon shook with the impact, dust cascading around them as several globs of acidic gel splattered against his clothes. Tyron swallowed a howl, swiping at the offensive grime before it could eat through too much of his skin. The arachnea cloth didn't offer much in the way of protection from slime.

As the adventurers faced off against the enemies on two fronts, the white ferret had slowly shaken itself off. It glanced around before spotting the cell nearby the warden, sprinting over to weasel its ways through the bars and stop near the unconscious inhabitant.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back