• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild Stone ((Old OOC))

I have a few questions regarding the RP Sylph Sylph .

- Originally, I planned to have Aergundias bear a curse that affects his ranking at the guild - where he technically should be Gold, but due to the circumstances brought by one of his curses, his ranking progression is unbearable slow, placing him at a very low rank. I assumed such would affect the whole ranking mechanic you've got planned, so I've decided not to include it. However, if it would not be of any trouble, would you be fine with such a thing? If so, I'll be adding it to his sheet, should you allow me to.

- On the matter of the guild ranking system, how exactly does it work. Do you have a specific set of guidelines on how one would get points (or lost points, if possible), as well as the criteria necessary for one to be promoted/demoted to another rank? Now, I'm not asking such details to be revealed, I just wanted to know if there are any.

- With regards to quests, how would they be handled RP-wise? Will you facilitate them all via GM and NPC posts, guiding and directing the players on what they have to do, what is going on, etc.? Will you give players a quick gist of the quest, and just let them make up things as they go? Or will it be a mix of both where you pop in every now and then, but still give the players enough agency to employ creative freedom?

He just sees her as a bit of a risky choice, considering we're on a gold-rank quest likely with new recruits in tow. Feel free to join him in the training field anyway though! Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

I'm also curious about how exactly quests will be handled, I don't know about everyone else but I do prefer when someone is controlling the main threat, be it monsters or whatever. Rather than just being totally free-form. Maybe one player can be in charge of each quest? Sylph Sylph

Last edited:
Ranking Tips:
- Complete quests or stories to earn points towards ranking.- Those who start at a lower ranks will progress faster.- If you're low rank, going on higher ranked missions will earn extra points.- If you're iron ranked or above, bringing a copper along will earn extra points.
Oof, I'll get this out of the way before I move on to a reply.

Reinhardt Reinhardt
- Originally, I planned to have Aergundias bear a curse that affects his ranking at the guild - where he technically should be Gold, but due to the circumstances brought by one of his curses, his ranking progression is unbearable slow, placing him at a very low rank. I assumed such would affect the whole ranking mechanic you've got planned, so I've decided not to include it. However, if it would not be of any trouble, would you be fine with such a thing? If so, I'll be adding it to his sheet, should you allow me to.
I do have a ranking system, which is based partially on points, partially on my own discretion. It is actually quite possible for me to make an adjustment to Aergundias's progress through the rankings, but I'm not sure why you feel that would be necessary. These sorts of RPs tend to end up with dubious measurements of strength at best, so a larger part of the ranking system is based on trust. Ie, Pri isn't going to let a member out on harder quests (unsupervised) until they prove they're not going to endanger innocent lives. That's why there's a bonus in higher ranks for bringing coppers along--to prove they're capable of defending others.

[Inhales] But! I did notice part of your character sheet addresses mistrust as a part of his curse. Given that, I'd be happy to say his progression is slowed due to the instinctive doubts others have about him--just note it will be a looooong time before he even makes it to silver if that stays in effect.

- On the matter of the guild ranking system, how exactly does it work. Do you have a specific set of guidelines on how one would get points (or lost points, if possible), as well as the criteria necessary for one to be promoted/demoted to another rank? Now, I'm not asking such details to be revealed, I just wanted to know if there are any.
I definitely have my own criteria for that.

- With regards to quests, how would they be handled RP-wise? Will you facilitate them all via GM and NPC posts, guiding and directing the players on what they have to do, what is going on, etc.? Will you give players a quick gist of the quest, and just let them make up things as they go? Or will it be a mix of both where you pop in every now and then, but still give the players enough agency to employ creative freedom?
It will be a mix on a few different levels. If I have a character at the scene I will direct things as needed, unless someone else has an established plot going. If I'm not on a quest then I probably won't have much input unless I'm asked to assist (or I believe it's necessary to intervene). And if someone has an idea for a quest, they are more than welcome to put together a party and direct it (including NPC characters). That's partly why the guild board is there--to get the ball rolling and maybe spark a few ideas.

I hope that clarifies things a bit! If there's anything else you want covered just lemme know.

But! I did notice part of your character sheet addresses mistrust as a part of his curse. Given that, I'd be happy to say his progression is slowed due to the instinctive doubts others have about him--just note it will be a looooong time before he even makes it to silver if that stays in effect.

Wonderful. Having a slowed progress won't be a problem at all. I'll be adding said detail to his sheet, then.

I hope that clarifies things a bit! If there's anything else you want covered just lemme know.

That answers most of my inquiries as of now, I'll be sure to let you know if I have any in the future. Thanks for the swift response!

Sylph Sylph

I'm glad you liked Yugurin :D
And yeah, if you want to go to the Abyss or summon something from it, the best locations are places of great slaughter or great evil

He just sees her as a bit of a risky choice, considering we're on a gold-rank quest likely with new recruits in tow. Feel free to join him in the training field anyway though!
I mean technically Hashi is also a new recruit, only cause she's new to the guild

Oh, now I just realize if Pipi only put her bottom part into the bag then she will not be suffocated to death. Yay.

My brain has gone dry
I'm trying to post but it's so haaaaard after writing so much in the character sheets

Hey there! Super new here, first rp on this site I’m interested in so far. Not new to rping, just the site. Read the rules and all, okay if I just make a character?

edit: I know characters don’t go here. But figured better to bog down the occ with my dumb question.

EldridSmith EldridSmith
A body and light affinity would work for generalised healing. There are different ways to heal though, depending on if your character has a particular brand of magic. If you want, you could go with one of the standard affinities then have the second as a 'Healing' affinity. For example water and healing, spirit and healing, or even restorative fire if you'd like. It's very flexible, depending on what you want to achieve with the magic.

EldridSmith EldridSmith
A body and light affinity would work for generalised healing. There are different ways to heal though, depending on if your character has a particular brand of magic. If you want, you could go with one of the standard affinities then have the second as a 'Healing' affinity. For example water and healing, spirit and healing, or even restorative fire if you'd like. It's very flexible, depending on what you want to achieve with the magic.
I see, thanks! I may go a paladin or cleric style character then, are those allowed? I've had a fire priest in mind since playing a game called pillars of eternity. I saw the no things from religious texts and I assume winged humans/angels are off the table.

EldridSmith EldridSmith
Yup, paladin and clerics are fine as classes. I've had issues in the past with people powerplaying beings from religious texts, which is why I have that rule in place.

But thanks for asking! A fire priest sounds like an awesome concept regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back