• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Main Hall))

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The sudden barrage of Common had Artyx reeling back mentally, trying to process the words as quickly as they came. Tea... Guild receptionist... Something about... help? She should've paid more attention to her Common language instructors instead of dozing off if she knew that everyone would be talking it. Rather, she never planned to actually talk with anyone except for the bare minimum. Her usual fallback plan was often just grunting and nodding in agreement so that people would stop trying to talk to her while she tried to process what they were actually saying. Usually she would simply grunt with a quest in hand that had the word 'Gold' on it and she'd be off almost immediately. Instead, she was now being assaulted with several words and phrases she barely memorized the other week.

Scratching her temple awkwardly, she tried to find the words to express her confusion, though it was particularly difficult especially since the other guild members were also greeting her from across the Hall. Short, disguised glances were directed at the more experienced receptionist in a silent plea for help.
"Artyx," she mumbled after a moment of silence. "Common... is hard." Her accent was particularly biting and harsh in this regard with a particular habit to roll her R's.

That was until the person in front of her with the peculiar outfit suddenly turned around and spoke Druidic. Well, it was heavily accented and the dialect he was using was very reminiscent to regular forest Druids compared to the Bernum's thick, slavic tones, but it was understandable. Her eyes perked up in mild surprise. A short, amused chuckle at the copper adventurer's very straightforward request would be considered unusual if not for the fact that it was in her native language. "Of course, I am a guide for the guild after all," she replied calmly in Druidic.

Glancing towards the Abyssian adventurer, she tilted her head to the side while her eyes returned to a far more neutral and indifferent gaze. "You... wish to... join, yes?" It was only right to ask since he seemed to be the first to offer assistance in the quest. While her preference were regarding natural imbalances and acting as wildlife guide, it wasn't particularly difficult to watch over her juniors in the guild when collecting the eggs of a King Turkey. She had two pairs of eyes after all. More when in nature.

1616328857852.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Eiru continued to perch her chin atop Leon's head as Ymir went on to explain the details of the quest they would be tackling. On the surface it was rather simple in nature, follow a merchant, gather intel and then confront him about his smuggled goods. Unfortunately things never really worked out that simple around the Waystone Guild. What was a simple-looking quest on paper typically turned complex through a series of unfortunate events. For some reason, this held especially true for both Ymir and Eiru when questing together. Leon however somehow always seemed to have luck on his side.

Contemplating the quest Eiru finally removed her chin from Leon's head and spun in place behind him before dropping with a soft thump on the bench aside him facing back the way. "Ymir, could we not just track the merchant with your map magic and my scribing like we have in the past? Once we know his route we should be able to investigate it without him being any the wiser right? If he has outside or rather inside help he should need to pause for some time elsewhere before arriving at customs. If he makes no stops then we can assume that he's either using some sort of magic or this is a very organised operation."

Leaning back Eiru let her elbows support her against the table as she arched her head back to look at the patched-up roof. A patched-up roof that immediately made her lose her train of thought "the roof? Is fixed? It's only been one night. Carpenters avoid this place like the plague... how did Azalea get one to work through the night. Something feels off, dirty even. Tainted. Gross... unnatural..."
Snapping back to Ymir and the conversation at hand Eiru move to glance at the map "What say you, should I track him?"

Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
"Your declaration was based on the fact a girl waved at you." Leonidas wagged his finger, making some accompanying 'tsk tsk' sounds. "My declaration was based on past experiences of which I will spare you the details. Besides, I haven't seen her wave back at you yet." He said with a confident smirk right as Ymir called out to the receptionist across the hall and got a energetic wave in return. "Okay... Well... Scratch that. My other point still stands." He grumbled, shoveling the final bite of his eggs into his mouth.

"Almost high society," Leonidas leaned back in his chair. "Eh, its all the same, money will turn anyone into a pretentious asshole regardless of birth." "They're a merchant from out of town, which works quite well for us since that-" He raised an eyebrow as she pointed at his suit. "Is definitely not Lantana nobility, as nice as it looks." He waved his hand dismissively. "Yes yes, actual noble clothing has always been too stuffy for me. Besides, no one's ever complained about me showing up in this, not even my fath" He fell silent for a beat before continuing. "Anyway, never mind all that, I'm flattered you think I look nice." He said with a grin.

He mentally kicked himself. What the hell was the deal with these past few days? He hadn't thought about his life before the guild for so long and suddenly these last few days he was constantly making mistakes and bringing it up. He blamed the fact that he had to use his old swordplay for the first time since joining the guild, it had ended up jogging his memories and made him think about his past involuntarily. He sighed, he might as well keep up with his swordplay training now that the memory was back anyway, there was little use in throwing away something that could be a massive asset to his skill set just because of stubborness.

"As I said we're 'chasing' a merchant from out of town. The... client, suspects they're smuggling something inside of antiques, but routine guard inspections haven't turned anything up. Our job is to find out what it is." Leonidas tilted his head in confusion. "You've lost me, is our client a merchant asking us to tail another merchant or is our client another party asking us to chase the merchant? If it's the latter I still have the same question as before, who is our client?"

"They company will be at the trading centre near the docks. Normally with this sort of thing I just wait until I see an opening to sneak in, but with you guys there we should be able to make one." He grinned. "Well I am fairly good at sneaking in and causing overall trouble."

Leonidas listened attentively when Eiru threw a plan out there. "Ymir, could we not just track the merchant with your map magic and my scribing like we have in the past? Once we know his route we should be able to investigate it without him being any the wiser right? If he has outside or rather inside help he should need to pause for some time elsewhere before arriving at customs. If he makes no stops then we can assume that he's either using some sort of magic or this is a very organised operation."

He nodded before shaking his head. "That sounds incredibly efficient and all but I'm going to be honest, it also sounds like a total snooze. What about my chance to play detective? Tailing the target is half the fun, if you just magically track him then what did I put on this stuffy clothing for? I say we tail the guy and brute force our way as soon as we get the chance. If we somehow get the wrong guy then well," He shrugged. "Let's just say it's not like I have much of a reputation to lose."

1626996989122.png
Akeldama Vlad Aldea Mayer
Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Yesterday's quest went as one could have expected, rather boringly but ultimately successfully. No wolves strayed from the depths of the forest and no form of wild animal dared approach the trio gathering moss. Between Akel's vampiric aura and Vas'on's beastly nature, it was likely the two were viewed as apexs among the native wildlife and thus their presence alone more than likely pushed such beasts even further back into the depths. It was strange how animals could sense such things and react accordingly so naturally when many of the more conscious races would need to train for years to develop such skill. Regardless the quest was finished and the newbie seemed to now have a grasp of what questing for the guild was like.

Today however Akel was set on partaking in something more suitable to her level, the dorms here weren't free of charge after all and while they didn't require a monetary payment work needed to be done. And so Akel stood quietly perusing the quest board as the morning rush for questing was handled by the new receptionist and Azalea. How those two could handle such large volumes so early in the morning was beyond the vampire and it was something she praised them for.

Akel viewed the board from top to bottom multiple times in silence trying to make up her mind on what quest to take, her eyes however paused multiple times on one quest in particular. A quest she herself was curious about yet hesitant to take up.
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

denq7kp-ec6c1b58-f335-4037-a83a-ccce7a968fad.png
Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal
"Yes yes, actual noble clothing has always been too stuffy for me. Besides, no one's ever complained about me showing up in this, not even my fath-" Ymir blinked, resting her head atop her hand. "Anyway, never mind all that, I'm flattered you think I look nice." She smiled privately as Leo shook off the misstep with a grin.

Fathom... farther... furthest clients... "Well, I do have working eyes," she said. They were connected to a rather well-functioning brain. She didn't have the social aptitude or affinity for espionage that certain people she knew did, but there weren't may possibilities for what other ways that word ended.

"You've lost me, is our client a merchant asking us to tail another merchant or is our client another party asking us to chase the merchant? If it's the latter I still have the same question as before, who is our client?"

Speaking of those good at espionage.
She pulled a face, smoothing it over with a grin soon enough. They'd finished with their food. It was time to get going. "Let's focus on the merchant for now." Eiru was mumbling something about the roof that Ymir elected to pass over. Her chair scraped back as she stood. "We have a bit of a walk ahead of us if we're headed to the docks." With that she started for the guild doors, giving the psycho-looking monk who had just walked in a wide berth.

Milby
Mentions: Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing
For a creature that was not a cat, and most certainly was not a bird, Milby seemed to love hiding up in the rafters. Observing the quest board from her vintage point she finally leapt from the beam, landing on the unsuspecting table Ruvo had seated himself at with a small thump. "Gyahahahahah!"

Her much louder, much more obnoxious laugh followed, scampering across the counter and bounding from table to table as she approached her target. "Today is the daaaaaay!" Flying past Akel she smacked straight into one of the quest papers on the board. For a moment she seemed stuck there, her small body flattened against the surface, before peeling away with her quest of choice clutched tight and plummeting to the floor. "Success!"

She made her way back to the front desk, weaving between legs and underfoot before leaping onto the counter. Azalea gave a long-suffering sigh upon seeing the quest the chinchilla had smacked down, her chest puffed out proudly as if victory was assured.

"You are not fighting the behemoth."

Last edited:
half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Guild Hall]
{Interactions: Akeldama ( Uasal Uasal }
Vas'On stepped up to the quest board next to Akeldama, holding a cup of tea suited to his size, his large swords resting over by his table "Anything draw your attention Dama?" he asked her as he looked over the silver ranked quests. He made a face at the Minds of Mischief one "Demi-Gods. Why is it that those sealed up ones are always being released? What is the point of sealing up something if no one bothers to maintain the seals?" he didn't get it honestly. Why seal something up if you aren't going to have someone keep an eye on it?

He tapped the quest "Mischief deities and their children are always a pain to deal with, they rarely put up a fair fight and are even more rarely even actually there" he shook his head "Religious quests are nothing but trouble if you don't have a decent paladin or cleric"

He simply raised an eye when Milby came flying catching a glance at her target before she bounded off. He tapped the one about the Jungle Temple and looked thoughtful "If we wanted to aid Milby with her choice, we could cross off two quests in one go. Though I am not fond of exploring randomly appearing temples, they are always more...intellect based than I'd prefer"

"Trolls. To do that one we'd need a lot of fire and acid, preferably a mage of some sort who could cast those spells, restrict their regeneration long enough to kill them, but how many?" he frowned. Trolls were dumb but had a good sense of smell. He wouldn't imagine it couldn't be more than four.

Vas'On stared at the Dark Marsh quest for a moment "This is doable...but it wouldn't be easy. We'd need some sort of non-magical way of dealing with the issues of the marsh, or some way to cut through its ability to disable our waystones"

"Vampires" he mumbled at the last quest "I don't have a lot of experience with Vampires. My expertise is more in survival or beasts, not those who live in society." he didn't fight enough Vampires to have an opinion on them. He typically didn't hear much about them unless one was going on a rampage or people were going missing.

Ruvo Steelfeather

Mentions: Sylph Sylph SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

Paying more attention to the arrival of a guild member carrying the corpse of what he presumed was a demon going off of the man's words, Ruvo found himself suddenly startled and nearly jumping out of his seat when Milby landed on the table in front of him while letting out a laugh before darting off. It seemed the diminutive guild member was quite excited about taking up a particular quest as they leapt up into the air toward the quest board before abruptly smacking into said board and somewhat comically seeming to stick there for a moment. Letting out a small chuckle at the sight Ruvo watched as the chinchilla soon parted from the board and swiftly made their way to the front desk before being denied the chance to take up the quest to fight a behemoth.

"Nearly startled me to death there Milby" Ruvo said as he made his way to the front desk. "Now what is this I hear about a behemoth?" he asked recalling it being an iron rank quest but not much more about the specifics of it.

1626996989122.png

Silver Rank Blade Dancer​

Akeldama averted her gaze from the board to Vas'on after he had made himself known. It was always odd to see him with tea in his hand no matter how long the two had known each other for, something about it just seemed off. None the less this oddity certainly was not the only one Vas'on was willing to put on display for others. No far from it, but so is the territory of being half-elf one would surmise. Akel listened carefully as the man went on to summarise his thoughts on the available quests, nodding along in agreement up until Milby darted from the rafters in pursuit of a quest the two silver ranks were about to come to.

Milby was another strange character among the guilds roster, a small rodent creature with sentience and aspirations of one twenty fold its size. The rodent was energetic as per usual and had it not smelled as it does Akel likely would have been surprised when it lept for the quest from her blind spot. Grinding softly as Milby scampered off to 'slay the behemoth' Akel returned her gaze to Vas'on as he continued with his summerisation. Again staying silent and nodding along to his thoughts. That was until he reached the last quest, the very quest she had been drawn to from the beginning.

"Vampires, creatures of the night that are both living and undead. A dangerous race that stands operates on a hierarchical system in which the purer one's blood the higher the rank. But of course, that goes without saying as the purer the blood a vampire has the more powerful they are."

Moving to take the quest in her hand Akel turned to observe the reception desk, sighing softly at the sight of so many. "I think this quest should be easily handled between us two. I can't imagine the vampire or sect in question is powerful enough to warrant too much caution. In fact... I imagine the leader is nothing more than a thrall. Would you mind registering the quest for us Vas'on?".
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
"I will be alright, thank you." Kathlyn responded with a short okay, Azalea seemed a bit troubled after declining and for a moment Kathlyn considered asking her boss for the reason but she ultimately decided against it with a small shake of her head. Perhaps someday in the future Azalea would trust her enough to confide in her but until that time Kathlyn wasn't going to pry. Besides, she didn't have time to worry about it now, she had a job to do.

She turned back to the woman she had been talking to earlier. "Artyx," Kathlyn smiled. "That's a very unique name!" "Common... is hard." Kathlyn's mouth formed an understanding O. "Oh I understand, sorry for talking so much earlier." She said with a small bow. "I'll be here if you need anything."

She watched with a certain amount of disappointment when the woman turned away to have a conversation with the other guild members present. Of course she was very happy to see the guild members getting along and planning out quests together but she had really been hoping to have another chance to prove herself to Azalea. She had a feeling the work she did yesterday was done well but she had still spent almost half her actual shift tending to the injured instead of being behind the counter. Oh, that reminded her.

"Miss Azalea, I finished that stack of papers this morning. Would you mind checking if they are done correctly? I know that defeats the purpose of me doing some of the work for you but I want to know if I'm handling it correctly." She said with a smile, pointing to the left most stack of organized papers.

Kathlyn's attention was drawn to the entrance when the newcomer stepped through the door. She noted the blood covering his hands and the bloody footprints he left behind with a cautious and somewhat nervous smile. She would have to think of a way to clean up the blood later.

"Hello there!" Kathlyn nervously smiled. "Hello, welcome to the guild." "Are y'all ready for a good old demon slapping?!" She tilted her head slightly to the right. "I'm sorry are you already a member of the-" "And... young madam! How would i sign-me-up, for a good ole?" Okay so he wasn't a member of the guild yet, she grabbed a sign-up form from one of the stacks she had organized earlier and put it down in front of him. "If you want to join the guild I need you to sign this, you would be starting out as a copper-rank though and there are no demon-slaying quests available of that rank."

She noticed him raising his hands towards the paper and hurriedly handed him a pen. "With ink please." She wasn't sure if he was planning on signing the form using the blood on his hands but she didn't want to take any chances.

{Interactions: Akeldama ( Uasal Uasal Kathlyn ( Key of Stars Key of Stars )}
"Blood purists then" Vas'On chuckled at Akeldama's words explaining the caste system of vampires "Not the first time I've dealt with those who believed themselves more powerful because of their blood purity" he grinned at her as he flexed a muscle "I believe I am proof enough that a Half-Blood can surpass the pure blooded of his kind" with a grip of his fist, electricity danced across his fingers "It is my understanding that Undead also have an issue with electricity, though that may just be something from the east"

Then he reached for the quest and took it from her "It has been some time that we have gone on a quest just the two of us. It should be quite a fun time" he set his cup of tea onto a table and took the quest over to the receptionist he'd met the day before "Kathlyn right?" he said giving a side glance towards the bloody figure who was seemingly applying to the guild. His body shifted ever so slightly as he prepared to react to an attack before turning his attention back to the blond woman "If you aren't too busy, Akeldama and I will be taking this Vampire Count quest, I'd like to get us registered" it was always interesting for anyone to see this large, aggressive looking man act so polite and gentle.

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars RatKing RatKing SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
"If you want to join the guild I need you to sign this, you would be starting out as a copper-rank though and there are no demon-slaying quests available of that rank."

Azalea listened in as she checked through the papers Kathlyn had mentioned. It seemed unlikely the newcomer would be an outright threat. Azalea had come to realise there were a number of different customs people followed; the carcass may well have been meant as a sign of goodwill, or a badge of strength, as primitive as it was- "That is..."

"With ink please."
Kathlyn hurried to give the newcomer a pen they reached for the form with bloodied fingers. Azalea gave a faint smile.

Fast learner. Day two and she'd realised even simple things weren't always common sense.

"I am a very civilized man-" Azalea's brow rose beneath the crown of thorns. "-and demon blood is not good to sign papers..."

They're definitely not from around here. A remote mountainside perhaps. Maybe with a few orc tribes nearby if they classed their conduct as civil. "Generally," Azalea said, offhand as she set down the papers. "Around these parts it's considered rude to trek blood all over people's floors." And drag the still-bleeding carcasses inside, she appended in her thoughts with a pointed glance towards the body. "Kathlyn I'll leave this to you. The papers are fine but there are some things we should go over later."

Azalea had barely turned before she was accosted by yet another troublemaking fiend. Milby slapped down a quest on the counter--the same one she'd been trying to do for days--and led Azalea to her current predicament.

"Milby you are a..." The tiny ball of fluff stared up at her. "...rogue, class. You need someone with more weight behind their attacks." Try as she might, arguing with the chinchilla was much like to catch smoke--at best it could be pushed in a different direction.

"Nearly startled me to death there Milby." Azalea looked up as Ruvo joined the conversation and the chinchilla spun round. "Now what is this I hear about a behemoth?"

"I'm going to slay it!" Milby declared, drawing her toothpick sword to hold it aloft.

"Ah, Ruvo," Azalea said, thankful for the timing. "Milby here was just thinking on going out on a hunting mission. If you don't mind though, I have somewhat of a special request..." The chinchilla's ears pricked. "I hear there's a village being strangled by evil vines nearby. If you're able to find someone to help you investigate the cause-"

"All evil shall be vanquished!" Azalea didn't have to do much more as Milby latched on to the new idea. "Ruvo! My noble underling! I hear you are in need of aid!"

Sparing a final, apologetic glance at the bard Azalea slipped away to where further trouble seemed to be manifesting--quite literally--in a chaotic mimicry of the waystone. How many times do I have to tell people to stop warping inside the hall-

A burst of light left Azalea blinking at a figure she had encountered twice--once as some kind of mirage--barely standing in the middle of the hall. Her expression settled into the signature scowl that, as those who were familiar with her ire knew, meant a lecture was on the way. "Greetings again... Now i am physically 'ere. Need to find the good green lady and the magical scriber..."

"No need," Azalea said, stopping nearby. The 'magical scriber' aside, she had a pretty good idea on who the green lady would be. "Care to explain what all that was about?"

Zale Liron
Mentions: Anyone in the Hall

Zale and their quest mates had wandered back into the hall somewhere around one am. It had been somewhat boring but at the same time they were grateful for it. It had been a long night but the last thing the teen wanted was to miss out on something to eat and the events happening in the hall. Zale flicked his hood over his head and reached his arm down Shadow scampered up into his hood with a little chattering sound. “Yes shadow, breakfast” Zale , whispered to their little black pal. They wandered through the bluiding into the hall pulling up a chair away from the action. It was a bit too busy for them to want to get in the center of. Maybe some food, and some training but they had no plans to just right out on a quest. Zale paused, they had to wave someone over, that was going to make getting food harder since they didn't talk, they finally mustered up the courage to wave a hand and quickly asked for what they wanted. It felt weird to do that.

Logan Darkwind
Mentions anyone in the hall

As if melting out of the shadows the tall man appeared. The night before he had wandered in and crashed in the dorms. Now he would eat, restring his bow and check his arrows before heading back out. He flagged down a cook, and ordered food. When it arrived he eat quickly. Then he pulled his bow out and set it on the table, starting to pull the string off it. He reached into his bag of holding and snatched out his magic string. He put it on with quick practiced hands, he had done it so many times it felt like something he could do in his sleep. He got up and made his way to the front of the hall, “Anyone need help with there quests?” he throught he would offer before he took his own quest.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Starwalker123 Starwalker123 (Logan Darkwind)
Before he knew it his question about the behemoth was used as a platform to change the subject and distract Milby with the prospect of an altogether different quest. One that Azalea framed as being a ‘special request’ which ordinarily would have made him feel quite honored if it was not for the fact this was all a means of shifting Milby’s attention away from her and onto him. Merely returning the apologetic glance offered to him with one of reluctance, Ruvo now turned his attention to the chinchilla rogue.

"Ruvo! My noble underling! I hear you are in need of aid!"

Letting out a brief sigh, Ruvo knew the only way to deal with Milby would be to go along with this or to push her off onto someone else. And, the latter option did not seem too likely to have pulled off twice in a row.

“It is true, I require assistance to cut down the evil vines that threaten to engulf a defenseless village, will you aid me in this quest?” he replied playing into her theatrics. "Though we may yet need the help of someone who is an expert of getting past thick foliage and has knowledge of plants and nature"

Luckily enough for Ruvo not much after he brought up that they may need someone that knew a thing or two about the outdoors an offer rang out from the front of the guild hall.

“Anyone need help with there quests?”

"Well that depends. How well do you think you can help us two get past some fast growing plants and figure out what's causing it?" he asked the human archer while gesturing to Milby and himself.

1627219435973.png

Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Akel offered a soft and subtle smile when Vas'on praised himself and nobly rejected the idea of pure-blooded supremacy. It was true, Vas'on was a prime example of how a half-blood could surpass a pureblood but then again Vas'on was not a vampire. No Vampires didn't just claim to be stronger based on their bloodline for the sake of airs and arrogance. No Vampires were one of the few races in which purebloods held immense power over those more diluted. A race that drew strength from their heritage and bloodline specifically. There was no way a Pureblood could ever lose to a lower class vampire head-on. This was simply a fact. A fact Akel knew all too well. Yet with Vas'on in such good spirit, Akel couldn't bring herself to mention this. Instead, her soft and subtle smile spoke for her. At the mention of electricity and lightning magic Akel offered her own insight "It's true some undead are especially weak to lightning magic. However, Vampires are more vulnerable to fire magic as well as the holy affinity. Silver and garlic also pose quite a significant threat. That and the sun, vampires grow incredibly weak under the sun and the purer one's blood the more damage such things deal. Purebloods can even die from exposure to daylight."

And with that Vas'on moved to register the quest. This should have been an easy task were it not for the obvious hostility one member of the assembled group was projecting. Honestly what was with new members and hostile interactions? The person in question was quick to bear fangs to which Akel rolled her eyes 'great'. Looking to Vas'on Akel noticed he too had picked up on the hostile aura, ready to strike if needed. How kind, but from the looks of things the person in question was far from a threat. Shifting her focus Akel returned the beings glare and for a brief moment extruded her own bloodlust. A bloodlust that dwarfed the former by leaps and bounds. Like an apex staring down a lamb Akel's Aura was warning enough that any action taken against her would result in a swift death.
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars

Azalea Gibraltar
Mentions: SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Uasal Uasal
"Alright. First you... Azalea" Her eyes narrowed at being addressed so flippantly. "When I was in Gaenet dealing with the supposed demon lord, I thought in using the Waystone as a telepresential device... However.... I do forget that magic of this kind needs caution. And they tend go terrible wrong. The weakest link broke down, maintaining intact the waystone power source. Or what I call, the freastalaí, who serves the functions to the client, the waystones you give to the members."

"Not a weak link," Azalea said, her tone clipped. She did not need, nor appreciate, the functions of the waystone being explained to her by a member who had been there a day. "You activated the failsafe, which is there to stop people doing exactly what you tried. Interfering with the waystone functions."

"You see, I've used the a deactivated waystone architecture as a way to piggyback the thread of magic within the waystone, using a external power source to bypass the problem of using the waystone power source. Of course, that posed another problem... the continuity of power. Anyway, the thing is... I've lock the guild coordinates with my Tabula Rasa and well... here I am." The woman's words were not doing anything to assuage Azalea's anger. Her eyes followed as they began to pace side to side. "You see, the use-per-energy is absurdly high."

"I am aware," Azalea said. That is why there is a failsafe.

"The thing is, what I did in Gaenet was prototype of a person-to-person distant communication device devised from the waystone way of transfer matter-and-energy. You see... it actually worked for a time, a short-span of time. Probably the waystone that you did gave to me early overheated or overcharged, breaking it's own thread of magic, or agglutinating the word. My idea is to implement the distant communication within the waystone of every member in the guild, facilitating the telepresential interaction. However, said that, for this I need someone who knows better about the waystone, who made it, and time... If there is no one who know the inner works of the waystone, I can figure myself... with more time, of course... We will need the argument that will make the freastalaí accept to be a adjudicator between two waystones client."

"With all due respect, Miss Themisto--" As far as Azalea was concerned she'd already been incredibly patient. "You are not here so you can tamper with our systems. I will forgive you once for my apparent oversight in informing you." Azalea stepped forward, addressing them under her breath. "But tamper with the waystone again and you will face expulsion from the guild."

Turning away she set down a bundle of cloth and a small satchel on the counter. "On the other hand, I received the report from Klein." The bag clinked with a sizable amount of coin. The other cloth she undid to reveal a stone--the centre of it inlaid with iron--and several small bottles around it. "He spoke highly of your abilities, and in light of it you've been admitted to tier one of the iron rank. This is your new waystone. I will submit your... previous one-" she held the altered item up from where she'd taken it off the table "-to the guildmaster to be examined, as well as your suggestion. The bottles are ability potions as a part of your reward for ranking up."

Gold Quest Complete:
- 3000 Coin
- 55 AP

[Reach Copper II]:
- Strength Potion +20 (Permanent)
- Intelligence Potion +20 (Permanent)
- Agility Potion +20 (Permanent)

[Reach Iron I]:
- Iron Waystone
- Dexterity Potion +20 (Permanent)
- Constitution Potion +20 (Permanent)
- Fortitude Potion +20 (Permanent)

Akeldama:
- 5 AP
- 10 Coin

Vas'On
- 5 AP
- 10 Coin

Zale:
- 5 AP
- 10 Coin

It was the last of the rewards she had to hand out for the morning. The others received theirs earlier. Despite the sun climbing higher and the energy from that settling on her skin, Azalea couldn't help feeling drained, and apparently the events of the morning were yet to subside. She froze, thorns bristling, as she picked up on a distinct wave of dread. She never in her younger years thought she'd become as attuned to such things as she was, but when working with people who bordered on monstrous at times it had become a near necessity.

Azalea shot the source of it--a silver rank who's waystone was inlaid with titanium--a particularly pointed look. Don't you start, it said. As much as Akeldama was able to direct it, the concentrated wrath could set anyone on edge. Azalea did not want to deal with a fight this early in the morning. No, I don't care if they provoked you first.

“It is true, I require assistance to cut down the evil vines that threaten to engulf a defenseless village, will you aid me in this quest? Though we may yet need the help of someone who is an expert of getting past thick foliage and has knowledge of plants and nature."

"Why of course, noble bard!" Feathers and fur were not so different, in her mind. They must stick together! She spun around on the counter and brandished her tiny weapon. "You can write the tales of our journey, to be sung at every bar!"

“Anyone need help with their quests?” Her ears pricked and she spun around at once, though Ruvo still got there first. The hunter! A perfect companion.

"Well that depends. How well do you think you can help us two get past some fast growing plants and figure out what's causing it?"

"Brilliant plan, ruthless Ruvo! We shall recruit more to aid us on the mission!" Turning to the nearest potential candidate, Milby leapt onto the shoulder of the girl across the counter who she had yet to meet. They had head-fur like sunshine and looked much friendlier than brambles. "You miss! Will you join us on our Just and Noble cause?!"

Though she waited for their response her beady eyes locked with a set of yellow ones she had not yet encountered, shadowed as they were beneath a wide and wizardly hat. The figure was clearly an arcane master--for who else would wear such distinguished robes, and carry such a powerful looking staff? And to think she hadn't challenged them! It was unacceptable that such a powerful being had passed unnoticed right above her nose. "You!"

She leaped down onto the counter and across to the table where several gathered. A lizardly looking folk and the admirable duchess Artyx, She-Who-Chased-Away-The-Evil-Crows-Milby-Did-Not-Fear, and was clearly of most noble bearing. The figure next to her spoke more of shadows, and Milby decided that scales were clearly a must as well, though they did not match as perfectly as feathers and fur. "Will you all join the grand adventure?!" she declared, landing in the middle of their table.

Logan Darkwind
Mentions @Chinchia @RatKing Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim

"Well that depends. How well do you think you can help us two get past some fast growing plants and figure out what's causing it?"

Logan glanced around the room looking for someone more good with plants and thats when he spotted Artyx “Thats not my skill set, through Artyx could probably help you with that plants are much more there then I , after all.” he said with a slight smile, “And I could go with The Wizzard and Take on the hunting of the Turkey, after all, “ he said fidgeting with his bow. In fact the plants sort of scared him and a bow wouldn't be a match for them. He looked a Milby he wouldn't have been against joining the Chinchilla hero but he didnt feel he could help in the same way as them

1626996989122.png

Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Akel reigned in her bloodlust when Azalea looked her way, not being one to cause trouble and certainly not being one to defy the staff of the guilds requests. Akel was typically out of sight and out of mind, she didn't need her reputation spun on its head so soon after the new receptionist joined the ranks. No, that would just make handling quests all the more troublesome for the vampire. Returning her gaze to Vas'on Akel shook her head as if to signal the man his assistance in a fight, should it break out, would not be necessary. If it came to it now, Akel would just have to dodge any attacks the rookie made and await Azalea's aid.

Fortunately, it didn't come to that as the rookie in question approached Akel soon after and offered his hand in the quest. Akel however was quick to respond in a monotomous tone "I would mind. You're a new member, I do not know nor trust you. Your rank is insufficient and I know too little of your skills to consider taking you on a quest two ranks above your own. Atop that this quest... in particular I feel only comfortable partaking in with Vas'on. Adding anyone else to the mix is sure to make things more complicated than I would like. So to sum up. I would mind quite a lot actually. Apologies, try your luck with 'Milby-The-Soon-To-Be Known-As-Giant-Slayer-For-A Week-Until-She-Grows-Bored-Of-The-Title'.
SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Sylph Sylph Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Artyx Bernum
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Starwalker123 Starwalker123 RatKing RatKing
With the receptionist table getting slightly crowded and filled to the brim of Common, Artyx shuffled back silently for some space. She wasn't a particular fan of the crowds, though given her time spending in the city, it's much less the hustle and bustle, but the speech that her fellow guild members were speaking with. It was particularly confusing when her name would often be mentioned, yet it required her some time to decipher their words and intent. After all, nuances such as sarcasm or teasing didn't translate quite well to a non-native speaker of Common. Still, she managed to get by without having to worry about it. The guild was a fairly straight forward place with the members being more so. While she can think of a few that didn't always follow that, they were for the most part very easy to understand through their body language, something she's come to learn as time went on.

Listening to others always helped with learning and while the desk has become a tad bit chaotic, she took the time to take a step back to listen, at least until she saw a small Chinchilla race from her respective table to their gathering. Milby was quite the adorable adventurer, though her overactive speech would take time to get used to. While she had very little problem regarding the small adventurer, her beast companion, Trine, had almost mistaken her for dinner and nearly dropped his invisible state to take a bite out of her. For Artyx, it was quite a problem to handle, though Trine had quite the amused face when she panicked at his attempted murder of the Chinchilla. It didn't help that despite her appearance, the druid was quite fond of small, adorable animals.

The Bernum Druid gave a few glances towards Ruvo and Logan. The former a small nod given she had often heard of the mischievous antics of the Rogue from hearsay whenever she visited the Guild to drop off quests or lost adventurers. While she may not understand their words all that well, she can tell that dealing with her energy can be a bit tiring. For the latter, it was a subtle, but cheeky little thumbs up from behind her staff. She had been eyeing the quest recently, and though the druid had been preoccupied with other activities, it was a way for her to accept the quest while assisting her guild members.

"I... help," she mumbled, raising her hand barely chest height. "Turkey... important, but... plants.. expert at. Balance... disturbed... fix."

The Wizard
Interactions: Sylph Sylph Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim

"Tiny Adventurer. The Wizard will only join your crusade if it coincides with his goals. He must slay the mighty King Turkey and claim its unborn offspring" said The Wizard as he addressed the small Chinchilla who desired his help. It was then that he noticed someone put up an additional quest on the board for his rank. Grabbing it as well and showing it to Azalea. The Wizard declared his intent to clear both quests. "This rampaging swine is truly a foe worthy of mine magic" uttered The Wizard, raising his staff. Not only would he accomplish two quests. He would take down two powerful foes by himself. It was through tasks such as this that he would be able to refine himself into an even greater wielder of magic. Why stop there? Perhaps he could even take up the offer of the Chinchilla and take upon himself a THIRD QUEST. Although the prospect of facing not one, not two but potentially THREE deadly threats would terrify a lesser caster. The Wizard chose to gamble with the odds presented and push through adversity. He desired greater power. Power which could only be obtained through hardship. Noticing the Druid he originally asked to help was willing to join the small rodent on her adventure. The Wizard finally made up his mind. "Tiny One. The Wizard shall join your fellowship. Three Quests are surely enough to forge his being into something greater" remarked the robed wanderer as he stroked his fake beard. Slapping Azalea's desk yet again. He asked her to add Milby's quest to the list of quests he himself was undertaking.

Kathlyn SilvaKathlyn Silva.png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Uasal Uasal
"I am a very civilized man, and demon blood is not good to sign papers..." Kathlyn inwardly heaved a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry, I just needed to make sure. I've only been here for about a day and I've already gotten to know quite a few... Interesting... ways of signing the form." She said with a small bow.

"Kathlyn I'll leave this to you. The papers are fine but there are some things we should go over later." She nodded enthusiastically. "Okay miss Azalea! I will get the blood cleaned up from the floor later as well!" She wasn't sure if Azalea had also meant the blood when she said she would leave it to her or just the guild registration but she figured she might as well cover all her bases.

"I'm going to slay it!" The high-pitched voice drew Kathlyn's attention away from the new member in front of her, it was fine though, he would be busy signing the form for a little bit. She stared at the Chinchilla for a moment, completely at a loss for words. "All evil shall be vanquished!" Her eyes lit up. Soooo cute! It took Kathlyn every last bit of willpower she had inside of her to stop her body from leaping over the desk and hugging the adorable little warrior to death. She shook her head. You have a job to do Kathlyn, focus! ... Oh but it's just so cute, I need to pet it! It looks so soft! Kathlyn was so busy waging an internal war against her impulsive side to stop her from lunging over the desk and touching the creature that she didn't notice someone approaching her.

"Kathlyn right?" The voice snapped Kathlyn out of her fuzzy creature filled daze. "So soft... I mean, uh, oh, yes!" She could feel her cheeks heat up. "If you aren't too busy," She immediately responded. "Me? No, I'm not busy! Not at all! What would I be busy with haha?" Oh heavens take her now, Kathlyn seriously considered slamming her head into the desk in front of her. The thought had never seemed quite as appealing as it was now. "One moment please," She said hurriedly, turning around and taking a quick sip of her tea before turning back to the adventurer. "Sorry about that." She said sheepishly, cheeks still colored a deep shade of crimson.

"Akeldama and I will be taking this Vampire Count quest, I'd like to get us registered" Kathlyn cleared her throat a final time in an attempt to get the embarrassing actions just moments ago out of her system. "Of course, I'll get you two registered right now." She took the paper from his hands with a smile. "Oh, that reminds me." She tugged her bag of holding off her belt and reached inside. "Here," She held up four vials with a proud smile, two of them containing a light red almost orange liquid, the others containing a mix of a dark and light green liquid emitting a gentle glow. "Take these if you like, the red ones are antidotes to all sorts of minor poisons and the green ones are minor healing potions. They won't heal much more than minor cuts and scrapes or a twisted ankle but I figured they might be helpful to take along anyway." She pushed the vials in his direction. "I wanted to make something better but I haven't had much time to brew potions yet since coming here so this was the best I could do for now. I will handle the paperwork for your quest registration soon, you can go ahead and get going, I don't want to hold the two of you up." She said with a smile.

"I've wondered, milady, would you and your honored friend here,--" Huh Kathlyn turned to where the newcomer had been signing his form earlier only to find the form completely filled in and abandoned on the desk. "Wait! You can't go on a quest yet, I haven't given you your starting items." She yelled after the newcomer. Thankfully, Akel didn't seem to plan on accepting his request either way otherwise Kathlyn's life would have become a lot more difficult.

"Please wait here a moment while I get your items." She took the form with her and slipped into one of the storage rooms, returning moments later with the items in her hands. "Sorry for the wait, here." She put the items down in front of her and quickly explained how they worked.

{Interactions: Akeldama ( Uasal Uasal ) / Kathlyn ( Key of Stars Key of Stars ) / Sheol ( SilverbackActual SilverbackActual )}

Vas'On chuckled at Kathlyn's dazed look "Don't worry, Milby does that to a lot of people who first interact with her. She is brash but gifted or she wouldn't have survived this long" he said softly as she set four vials of liquid on the counter. He lifted them up to the light and smiled "These will do just fine. I can't tell you how many times I've scraped by with even the weakest of healing potions. Anything that keeps me in the fight even a second longer is worth using" he opened up his own bag of holding and set the vials into it. There was always a strange feeling when he placed his hand into a bag that was bigger on the inside, especially when the items just vanished the second he let go of them.

"If you are looking to get more materials for your potions, I'd recommend talking to the merchant behind that door," he pointed to the strange door at the back of the Hall "Azalea should be able to introduce you should she have time" after that he left Kathlyn to it as he headed back to Akeldama and the strange man she was speaking to, catching the tail end of the conversation even as Kathlyn called out to him.

"If it had been another quest with more defined parameters, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing along a new member of the guild. It is good to get experience of the more difficult challenges you will face. Dama is correct however. We are going into a situation we know very little about and you..." Vas'On's experienced eyes examined the man "You are lacking strength. Even if you have experience fighting, there are some things that can't be overcome with just experience" Vas'On couldn't ensure the safety of anyone on a quest with unknown elements. Had it been the Troll quest he could have easily ensured that those under his charge were protected, but not one where not even the quest giver knew exactly what was going on.

"Speak to Kathlyn, get your guild materials, pick a quest more befitting your rank or team up with those who you can challenge more difficult ones. If you need to increase your strength, spend some time training on the Grounds"​

1626996989122.png

Silver Rank Blade Dancer​

Akeldama wasn't surprised when Vas'on moved to speak on the topic of challenging oneself with higher rank missions, the man had an Achilles heel for helping out those of a lower rank in their pursuit for glory. It wasn't a terrible trait to have, it was quite admirable really but still, if there was one thing Akeldama still couldn't understand about Vas'on it was his insistence to aid others no matter his current state or the reward share he was to be given. But even so bringing a newbie on a silver rank quest was absurd. Jumping one rank sure but two? Even for Vas'on that would be a bit much. Was he just trying to defuse the situation with an injection of hope and aspiration? Regardless Akeldama moved to grab her cloak from her bag, draping it over herself before moving to grab her waystone. "I'm going to go ahead and warp to the village. If we are dealing with a vampire the village should be a safe place to start given the time of day. I'll meet you there once you're ready"

And with a flash, Akeldama was gone. Her waystone coming to life on the guild map as she reappeared in the village.
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

Ruvo Steelfeather

Mentions: Sylph Sylph Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Starwalker123 Starwalker123

Glad that the Milby was indeed willing to join in on his ‘special request’ as well as seek out a guild member who had some expertise when it came to plants the avian bard watched on as she excitedly asked all guild members in the vicinity if they would like to join. It was quite a bit more of an open invitation than he really intended but he admired the chinchilla’s straightforward solution in their search for help.

“Thats not my skill set, through Artyx could probably help you with that plants are much more there then I, after all.”

“Alright, fair enough” Ruvo replied as he listened to the archer suggest that he could instead help with hunting the turkey alongside The Wizard thus freeing up Artyx to help Milby and himself.

"I... help," "Turkey... important, but... plants.. expert at. Balance... disturbed... fix."

Turning his attention away from the archer and towards the druid. Ruvo had hardly interacted with Artyx. All he knew was that she could call upon a large creature and that they seemed to speak in short sentences, often with pauses between their words. Whether it was due to nervousness or perhaps they did not know very much common he was not sure.

“Thank you. Your expertise will be appreciated” he said deciding to keep is his response brief and to the point as to hopefully not overwhelm the druid anymore than they may already be with how hectic the conversation had gotten.

"Tiny One. The Wizard shall join your fellowship. Three Quests are surely enough to forge his being into something greater"

“Be careful not to overwork yourself there Wizard. Overcoming three quests back-to-back will be a grueling challenge, though if you think you are up to the task, I recommend you be wary of using any magic that may set the plants ablaze” he said playing into some theatrics once again. Truth be told while he ordinarily wouldn’t mind the help, he also wasn’t sure if anyone could handle having him and Milby feeding into each other’s grandiose speech and personalities.

"Well I guess that more or less settles planning, all thats left to do is head on out . Everyone ready?"

{Interactions: Sheol ( SilverbackActual SilverbackActual )}

Vas'On chuckled "Balance is Key in all things" he said as he walked over to his swords and swung the massive blades onto his back where they normally rested. He watched as Akeldama vanished, the woman was always quite cold to new people, even had been to him when they'd first met. But they'd grown close over the many years and many, many fights they'd had over that time.

"Strength comes with time and hard work, wit comes from experience" it was his battles with Dama that had driven him to think of better ways of using his strength. He grinned as he lifted the waystone "The plan is to always be safe. But plans very rarely go as expected" he laughed as he suddenly vanished...​

Milby
Mentions: RatKing RatKing Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim
I... help," "Turkey... important, but... plants.. expert at. Balance... disturbed... fix."

"Tiny One. The Wizard shall join your fellowship. Three Quests are surely enough to forge his being into something greater"

"The battle will be legendary!" Satisfied with the responses she had Milby sheathed her weapon and leaped back across the tables, unaware that for most larger entities, the conversation would have been well within earshot. "Ruvo! Ruvo!! The great duchess Artyx is coming along!" A mighty wizard too, and a bard to record their tales. The perfect start to a journey.

"Well I guess that more or less settles planning, all thats left to do is head on out . Everyone ready?"

"We march onwards! To Sigmar!" Though it wasn't exactly march when the Chinchilla disappeared in a flash of the waystone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back