• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Questing Thread))

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Akeldama Vlad Aldea Mayer
Silver Rank Blade Dancer

View attachment 903571
Akel was relieved when Vas'on revealed he hadn't taken offence to her words at the gatehouse, her relief soon morphed however into a sense of pride when Vas'on further elaborated on how he felt in relation to their current relationship. It was good to know Vas'on felt the same way about her as she did about him and that going forward she could take comfort in this confirmation. After all Vampires didn't often have all that many friends and Akel was a good example of that, sure she had companions within the guild but that was different. When Vas'on moved to stand Akel did the same, moving to follow close behind the man.

As the two left Vas'on grabbed the cider and was quick to change the topic to that of the inn. In all honesty, Akel had very little hope that the inn could accommodate Vas'on and his own words only went to solidify such thoughts. They couldn't really go camp outside the city either. No that would be considered rude and if another kidnapping were to happen they'd be too far to react on time. Perhaps Vas'on could sleep on the floor in his bedroll... although practical that may prove demeaning. As Akel thought on the subject Vas'on made a quiet throwaway remark regarding inn's and their bedding situation in relation to adventures. The remark immediately threw Akel's thoughts to the side and had she blood flowing through her veins she likely would have blushed but instead, she quietly turned looked to her feet as she followed the halfbreed down the cobbled stone path without a word.

Soon the two arrived outside the butcher's shop and were greeted promptly by a rather obtuse man in a bloodied apron far too small for his size "We sell, beef, pork, mutton and chicken. If ya want duck or game you'll have to head out to the hunter's shack beyond the walls. We have an agreement ya see! So, by the looks of this big fella, I assume you'll be wanting a large portion of protein eh!"
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Sangana Village]
{Interactions: Akeldama Uasal Uasal )

"I'm always partial to a good bit of pork or mutton but unfortunately we are here on some business" Vas'On set the cider on a nearby counter "The barkeep asked us to deliver this to you" he said as he observed the man "Also said that the lord often visited this place. Since he hasn't been seen anywhere else in recent times, we were hoping that you could give us an idea of what he is like" if the Lord was buying from the butcher to procure the necessary blood to sustain himself, Vas'On was expecting to hear of purchases involving whole animals. Butchers bled and then carved up the creatures they sold. Leaving blood in a beast after death for too long would ruin the meat. He didn't know enough about Vampires to know for sure, but he assumed that the fresher the carcass the more appealing it would be.

However, there was a high chance that the Lord didn't personally go out to get his supplies, but sent someone out to retrieve them "Now that I think about it. Does he personally come and order? Or does he send a proxy?" Vas'On also knew very little of noble life, having avoided that aspect of elvish life thanks to his half-bred nature. If vampires thought themselves higher than others, it is possible that the Lord, should he be changed, be perfectly content with sending someone else. Of course, there was the chance that he didn't trust anyone to do this deed for him,​

Artyx Bernum
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RatKing RatKing
After the first field was completed, Artyx moved to the next alongside Trine as they sought to repeat the process. The entire incident seemed strange, especially with the words that she managed to decipher from the brief exchange they had. Let alone the implications that one of her fellow druids would do something as to violate their tenets, the fact that others haven't attempted to capture them was nothing short of worrying. Only one with an intimate knowledge of the natural processes of nature could possibly understand the ways to undermine its balancing act. Should it really be the case, she would bring forth fury for disturbing the natural world's well preserved equilibrium with extreme prejudice, especially if done by a fellow keeper of the wilds.

Still, that was a worst case scenario. Plenty of monsters could be the culprit for this, though it would certainly be classified as a much higher rank requirement if that were the case. To forcibly accelerate the growth of plants at such a speed and area meant that it was either far more powerful than what the guild gave it credit, or it was several entities working in concert with each other that could do this. In either case, it would a simple task of exterminating or relocating the culprit. Many times that some of these monsters cause such damage is simply from the fact that the following ecosystem wasn't built for their lifestyle, turning itself into an invasive species that heavily alters the behavior of fauna and flora around it.

Whether it be the first possibly or the second, Artyx never shirked from her duties to provide assistance on those affected by the imbalance of the wilds. She was, after all, duty bound to perform her best to tend and nurture, controlling life and death of the wilds like a gardener would for their garden. A delicate hand was needed, but right now, a harsh scythe of death was required to destroy the invading plant life.

She'll need to inform the others to give her samples to study and evaluate. Ruvo and Milby were far more suited with explaining to the villagers of her findings and her fellow spellcaster was clearly in control of clipping away the grasping vines. With Trine's miasma spreading through the very roots and air, it would be difficult to properly handle one without it withering to ash. At the moment her focus was simply clearing the fields then working into the the more dense parts of the thorn covered village rather than worry about the culprit. When the people have been properly helped, she could switch her attention to the deeper parts of the woods, where her power was at its peak. Till then, she and Trine cleared the next field with their necrotic blight before resurrecting the affected crops to their original growth stage. The last thing she wanted to be blamed for was destroying crops.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
"Not at all!" Leonidas inwardly cursed, of course a Hower wouldn't turn down the opportunity of a spar. Back in the day he himself would have jumped at the chance to battle someone supposedly from a different continent as well. He really couldn't let this spar happen though, as soon as he fought back Isaiah would see straight through him and it would look equally as bad for someone who claims to be a great adventurer to be beaten up without putting up a fight.

"Why don't you two accompany me to the place I'll be staying?" Leonidas smiled rather awkwardly. "Well that would be-" Isaiah continued, unaware that Leonidas had started speaking. "I'm sure we could discuss further arrangements there." Leonidas nodded. "Yes, well, that would be grand but..." He trailed off, glancing at Ymir. "Yama, does my schedule happen to be open after this or is there urgent business to take care of?"

"Unfortunately we do have an order of business to take care of after this," Leonidas nodded. "My apologies for offering you something I couldn't deliver sir Isaiah but it seems business is calling me after all."

"If our plans do move forward we will be sure to contact you." Leonidas swiped a strand of hair out of his face with a somewhat exaggerated gesture. "I plan on paying a visit to the Hower sword academy in the near future, perhaps our paths will cross there." Leonidas inwardly slapped himself. Sure enough it was true, he was planning on travelling to the Hower sword academy soon and bringing it up in front of Isaiah could maybe get him a bit of information on the current situation at the academy but Leonidas seriously doubted that information was worth the risk of potentially getting discovered here.

Lucky for him, Eiru chose that moment to storm onto the deck. "Oi, can you call your little guard dog off me already his whimpering is driving me nuts!" Leonidas had to bite back a chuckle. Let's cut to the chase, are you in charge here? If so I take it you know me and of my skills in enchanting and scribing. Listen I'm not going to bullshit you, I hate military types like you, but I've got n ancient weapon here and I need it appraised and bought. It's at least grade A if not S or above. Are you interested or not? I believe the Huburt Guild is also interested in these kinds of arms. I'd like to get there before dark if you're not buying".

Leonidas didn't know if Isaiah would be interested in buying a magic weapon. The Hower family dealt in all sorts of weapons but regular non-magic weapons were their speciality. Nevertheless, it provided a perfect opportunity for Ymir and him to excuse themselves and get off the ship.

"Be careful not to cut yourself, the blade is enchanted to not only cut flesh but also one's soul itself. Very tricky business. Anywho I want it pawned off its an eyesore. You buying?" Leonidas bowed slightly. "It seems you are quite busy yourself sir Isaiah. It was wonderful meeting you and getting a chance to observe some more of your products besides my trusty companion." He said, tapping the sword at his hip. "Now I do hope you'll excuse us, we'll be on our way."

Milby
Mentions: Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RatKing RatKing Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
As the inferno flared up not far from the tents the villagers reacted with alarm, gathering at the edges of the campsite to share worried glances and anxious whispers circling. Their homes were already overrun by plants, but charred remains would be even harder to salvage, and adventurers could be known to go overboard on many an occasion.

Trine's appearance effectively chased away those thoughts. When the necrotic beast appeared with Artyx near the crops, worries of wildfires were replaced with dismay as the villagers watched harvest wither and shrivel away.

"MY FIELDS!" One of the farmers rushed forwards with a rabid shriek, covered in dirt and yellow residue from where he'd been hacking away at weeds nearby. He waved the sickle in his hand, furious as he approached Artyx and the towering Trine. "wHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING TO... My..."

The horrified whispers shifted to awed murmurs as, from the decayed remains, new crops emerged. Lush and healthier than they'd been before. Many of the children's eyes sparkled at the sight of such powerful magic.

"Ahem..." The farmer laughed, clasping his hands together with a nervous smile before the beastly Trine. "Actually, perhaps the lady would like to stay for a few days..."

Milby's day did not seem to be going well as the inferno of flames leapt up behind her, charring the plants to husks and hitting her with a wave of heat. Shrieking all the louder she sprinted a safe distance away, the smell of singed fur rising up as she shook off the last of the pollen. An ember had landed on the end of her tail and with a furious screech she stomped it out.

"I detest these plants." The elderly wizard appeared nearby, glaring at the unruly growths. Milby thought he had an awfully young voice for such a hunched old man, but she supposed anything was possible. Humans were strange creatures.

"They are despicable!" She leapt onto the wizards shoulder, then up onto his hat; the material was making a great seat when squished down. She nodded to herself with all the assurance of one who had travelled far and wide. "Clearly these plants possessed by evil spirits!"

Drawing her sword she pointed towards the overgrown village, though the gesture was somewhat redundant with her standing atop his head. "Let us go forth, mighty WIzard! With me as your eyes and ears no dastardly foe will get the better of us!"

sigmar_2_by_arumey_dep4lut-pre.jpg

Farmhouse: 1/1
Windmill: 0/1
Houses: 0/4
Fields: 2/3
Milby: 1/1
[One area may be cleared per post.]

denq7kp-ec6c1b58-f335-4037-a83a-ccce7a968fad.png
Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal
"I plan on paying a visit to the Hower sword academy in the near future, perhaps our paths will cross there." Isaiah seemed both surprised and impressed to have it brought up, snorting under his breath. Ymir didn't know or care that there was one, shifting on her feet as she glanced towards the shoreline. She wanted off already, if the witch could hurry up and...

"Wouldn't bother if I were you." Isaiah sighed, shaking his head. "These days it's run by a she-demon. Not worth the trouble, I say."

Well there was Eiru now. Ymir winced at seeing them stomp right past the guards to the docks, creating a ruckus as they all scrambled after the intruder. It was enough to drag Isaiah's attention away from Leo and turn to the interruption, which benefitted them in the short term, but...

"Oi, can you call your little guard dog off me already his whimpering is driving me nuts!"

Isaiah blinked a few times at the small female in front of him. They didn't seem the least bit bothered by the armored guards shouting around them, and Isaiah made a minor gesture for the soldiers to halt--though they loomed menacingly close nonetheless.

"Let's cut to the chase, are you in charge here?" She apparently took the momentary pause as permission to go ahead, not giving him a moment to get a word in edgewise. "If so I take it you know me and of my skills in enchanting and scribing." Not in the least. "Listen I'm not going to bullshit you, I hate military types like you, but I've got an ancient weapon here and I need it appraised and bought. It's at least grade A if not S or above. Are you interested or not? I believe the Huburt Guild is also interested in these kinds of arms. I'd like to get there before dark if you're not buying."

She'd make a great marketer, Isaiah thought to himself. If he could get half his men to push products like that his profits would double. Pity she had such a unruly attitude to go with it--

"Be careful not to cut yourself, the blade is enchanted to not only cut flesh but also one's soul itself. Very tricky business. Anywho I want it pawned off its an eyesore. You buying?"

Both his and the guard's grasps fell to the hilt of their weapons as soon as the witch pulled out the sword. The thing was clearly cursed, or enchanted with ill intent, skulls and blood red stones embedded in the hilt. One of the guard's stepped in front of Isaiah as the others remained alert. Two even shielded both Ymir and Leo--unknowingly from their own friend.

"I have no interest in such things," The Hower said. His hand still rested over his own silver weapon, half out of its sheath to reveal the pristine blade beneath. "You are aware you've drawn your weapon before an heir to the Hower clan. I needn't know who you are to have you charged on account of-"

"Just what is going on here?"

Ymir froze. The guards stepped aside as a familiar face, dressed in all too familiar red, strode towards them over the wooden planks of the docks. Their glare swept over the scene, pausing at the sight of Isaiah briefly, expression contorting as they caught sight of Ymir and Leo, before falling to the small witch with the skull covered sword. Tyron didn't do much to hide the contempt in his expression. Ymir resisted the urge to pull her headband down over her face.

Godforsaken dawns- they were screwed. Of course if it were the Howers in port then patrols would be upped. Tyron might be an arrogant prick roped in with the guild, but he was still a member of the guard--and not a low ranking one at that. Was he in charge of the port today? Where's his brother? Pylos usually handles the docks--

"It seems you are quite busy yourself sir Isaiah." Leo cut in with a bow and calm words and Ymir shoved down her spiraling tower of questions. Eiru made for one hell of a distraction but Tyron's arrival put their entire cover story at peril. "It was wonderful meeting you and getting a chance to observe some more of your products besides my trusty companion. Now I do hope you'll excuse us, we'll be on our way."

Ymir mimicked Leo's bow and made to follow, stepping around the guards focused on Eiru. Abandoning them to Tyron left a bad taste in Ymir's mouth, but all three of them getting sucked in wasn't a solution either. She can talk her way out of this, right...? The witch could lecture the ear off an elephant but the current situation didn't look good, and Ymir was pretty sure that wasn't just her apprehension about the bottomless waters lurking beneath them. She pulled Leo to a stop a little ways down the dock, lingering to observe the rest of the encounter.

Tyron, meanwhile, had his arms crossed as he observed the scene. Though Eiru wasn't holding the weapon as if she meant to attack, she'd still drawn it before a Hower merchant. "I leave to deal with one petty incident and come back to this?" It was his second day in a row seeing the witch and he was even less impressed with the circumstances than last time. He stared down his nose at them. "What are you doing here?" The other two as well. Tyron hoped a day away from the guild would mean he didn't have to deal with its denizens. And yet, there they were. Sticking their noses in where they had no business doing so.

"What did those two want?" Tyron said to Isaiah, jerking his head back towards the retreating Leo and Ymir. The latter especially was the last person he expected to see down at the docks; the mapmaker wasn't discreet about her aversion to them, and the flakey poet--from what few, unpleasant interactions they'd had--didn't seem the type to be perusing weapon stocks.

"Just... talking business," Isaiah said. The merchant glanced over the docks, having taken notice of the commander's unusual reaction. "Is there something I should be aware of?"

Back with Leo, a little ways away from the main incident, Ymir pulled them out of sight with a muttered curse. "Well shit." Several guards passed through as she kept her eye on the encounter. Tyron was a part of the guild, but he wasn't aligned with it. He had no interest in protecting its members identities--especially when what they were doing toed the line of illegality. With how Leo had been acting she doubted the Hower would move on without a fuss. "We might not be back here for a while."

1628961061674.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support
Eiru let out a loud and exaggerated sigh when Isaiah spoke of drawing a weapon before an heir to the Hower Clan, her eyes rolling rather obviously as she stored the weapon away with the click of her free hand's fingers. Returning her hands to her hips Eiru looked the man up and down and then turned slowly on her heels to do the same to all the men surrounding her before turning back to Isaiah with a rather irritated look plastered upon her features. Not to mention the click of her tongue when she heard a familiar voice approaching from behind. Of course, he had to show up here and now. As if one battle-hungry Heir wasn't enough to deal with!

Groaning loudly as Tyron boarded the ship Eiru's eyes may have very well done barrel rolls in her head. "What am I doing here? What are you doing here!" Shaking her head and folding her arms Eiru refused to face the prince in red as she addressed him "Shouldn't you be off doing some copper quests? I thought daddy and mommy didn't want you working with the guards. You know, on account of your brother being as skilled as he is... comparatively of course." Eiru had no intention of annoying Tyron today but at this point, she had to in order to keep his mind off of Leo and Ymir's actions. Or at least she thought this was the most efficient way of doing so in the short term.

Returning her focus to the guards surrounding her Eiru visibly cringed "By the divines are you still flashing your blades at me. I put my weapon away ages ago. What do you think I'm going to do? Knock you all out with my iron fists? Little me whose half your size huh? Grow up! Go on! Away with them." Shaking her head again Eiru Moved a hand to her forehead "Idiot, why must I always deal with idiots...". Looking back up to Isaiah Eiru returned her hand to her side and produced her Affiliate badge for the Arcane Family "It would seem I made a mistake in assuming you'd know of me. For that, I apologies. I am Eiru Eagna. A prominent researcher at the Arcane research centre both here and abroad. I also happen to hold a position of power and renown within the family... of course, I mean the family as a whole, not the main bloodline family of course. That can get quite confusing when I think about it actually... hmm anyway. Getting back to the issue at hand. You claim I drew a weapon before an heir to the Hower Family correct? Very well."

Moving a hand to her chin Eiru closed her eyes and began to think aloud to herself as she continued. "Well, if you were to make such a claim then, of course, you would also be claiming that the 'weapon' you say I produced was not in fact an 'artefact' with magical properties. An Artifact that I clearly showed interest in selling to you and produced in a non-hostile way alongside a verbal warning pertaining not only to the blade upon said artefact but also the enchantment itself. Hmmm If you were to bring such a case forward there would also have to be a fear of death associated with my actions. Clearly stated too. You'd have to stand before the cloaks and nobility and clearly state you were in fear of your life before me. That I reduced you to a state of primal fear... Interesting interesting. And that's not to mention the long and tedious process of trying to get a court date as a family origination outside of Latana against one of the main presiding families of Latana. Or of course, the relationships that would be burned and sullied over such a long and tedious process. Oh and the fact that Tyron here can't arrest me without a warrant due to us both being affiliated with families in power."

Opening her eyes again Eiru returned her hand to her bag and produced her broom "Of course, you have my name and details now so feel free to press charges if you so wish but until such a time as the case, I believe my business here is done. You said you weren't buying right? Oh well... Tyron Please be a dear and escort me back to land. I feel oh so threatened by these big burly mecinar...I mean heavily armed merchants..."
Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars

Last edited:
Taking the Cider from Vas'on the butcher stopped his work and moved to wash his hands out of sight before returning with a rag whilst drying them. "Hmm, the lord huh. Plenty a folk been asking after him these past months, seems I'm about the only one he deals with now.". Taking the cider in his hand The butcher went about popping the cork atop it before taking a swig "The lord of the town's always been good to me, was always fond of beef let me tell ya. Paid extra whenever he could too, ya know when times were tough. Honestly saved me from a bout of grief quite a few times in that way if im being totally honest with you. And I can tell ya im not the only one he was like that with."

Pausing to drink some of his cider the Butcher pointed back toward a yet to be butchered pig " He's been order hardly nothing but lamb and sheep, unbutchered from me recently. Won't go near pork or beef. Gets one of his maids to come by and get it. Pays then and there. She's not one for talking though. In fact, I've never heard her say a word, must be one of them mutes ya hear of. well if anyone would take her in it'd be that saint of a man anyway".

Finishing the bottle the butcher passed it back to Vas'on before returning to butcher the meat he had sitting on the board from before "She's a pretty young thing too, pale as snow with hair as dark as the night itself... She'd be easily married could she speak. Anyway, if you take that bottle with you you'll find it easier to get cider again. Leave it here if you'd rather. And have a nice day."

1628962789977.png

Silver Rank Blade Dancer
Akel had heard enough to make up her mind on the situation and had even gathered a very important bit of information outside of what she had expected to learn thanks to Vas'on's questioning. Moving toward the alley she motioned for Vas'on to join her and once they were out of sight she withdrew her hood and spoke quietly "I believe he has been turned. Not only that but I also fear the women that have vanished have been turned Thrall or even Ghoul."

Looking both ways down and up the Alley Akel made sure no one was coming before continuing "I think the Lord has been turned into a vampire. I doubt his power is all that high but he will be no easy target to kill. Thirteen months in, his regeneration will certainly be strong and although his blood is likely highly tainted I wouldn't be caught assuming his physical strength hasn't at least tripled by now. Those who he has turned thrall must number less than three. Those three will certainly be a handful but whats perhaps more dangerous are the further ten he has likely turned ghoul, mindless and berserk creatures. They are vampires that have no mind but instead act like feral beasts and hunt on instinct. It's very possible they are being held in a dungeon as failsafe weapons. This is far bigger than I thought. You're very ill-equipped."

Returning her hood to her head Akel moved toward the street again "We're heading to the carpenters and then the blacksmiths. We wont be sleeping tonight"

Vas'On picked up the empty cider bottle and tucked it away "Thank you for the information" he said following Akeldama out of the building. You never knew when you'd need an empty bottle, he'd known a small boy with a fairy companion that'd made it a habit of collecting various interesting items in bottles. It often worked out for him.

"So the Lord has been turned into a vampire, about what we expected, but that does mean that there is another Vampire that turned him, possibly still in the town. Do you think that he himself made the women into his Thralls or Ghouls or are they on loan?"

"As for being ill-equipped, it wouldn't be the first time" he said grumbling "Not that I couldn't get my weapons back in an emergency, those small guards wouldn't be able to stop me" he sighed as he followed her towards the locations she wanted to go "Are the rumors regarding Vampires and holy symbols true or just hearsay?" he asked "Might be a good idea to see if there is a cleric of some sort here as well." without a church or otherwise holy site in the area, it was unlikely they'd find some kind of holy person, but there had to be someone providing necessary rites for burials and consecrations, even if it was only once in a while. You couldn't have graveyards in a village without blessing the land or you were bound to get all sorts of undead popping up.​

She-demon The words kept replaying in Leonidas's head. Eiru's arrival had thrown things into chaos and that chaos had become multiple times worse when the annoying prince showed up so Leonidas's focus had been on getting off the ship first to get him and Ymir to safety. But the second his feet touched the steady ground away from the gently swaying ship he wanted to turn around, march up, grab Isaiah by the collar and ask for an explanation.

He was at a loss. Apparently, his father was no longer in charge of the academy. She-demon Leonidas had aunts, several of them in fact, but it had always been his direct family that managed the academy and the only woman in his direct family was... Surely not... He shook his head, there was no way, Isaiah had to be mistaken and he had to confirm it for himself.

He almost stumbled when Ymir pulled him to a stop, having been too lost in thought to pay any real attention to where he was going. For a while, he silently observed the situation together with Ymir. Tyron inserting himself into the situation just served to make things even more complicated than they already were. Leonidas had been expecting to get away without revealing his real identity but now that seemed less and less likely and frankly, with Isaiah's final words still buzzing in his head like an annoying but quite uncatchable fly, he wasn't sure if he wanted to and could just walk away anymore.

"Well shit." He noticed Tyron jerking his head back to point at the two of them before Ymir pulled him out of sight. "We might not be back here for a while." He sighed. "Neither of those two annoying stick-in-the-mud's is going to let us go now, and with one of them knowing our real names I don't fancy our chances if we just make a run for it." He trusted Eiru would be fine but even she would probably not be able to stop Tyron from revealing their real names to Isaiah. Tyron had no real reason to keep their secret. In fact, if anything, Tyron had all the reason to reveal their secret right there and then, they weren't exactly on friendly terms

He shook his head and grabbed his bag of holding and retrieved a small circular object. "I already promised I would explain everything once the mission was over and before I left so I'll ask you to wait a bit longer." He started walking and motioned for Ymir to follow. "For now, I'll get us both out of here first."

He approached the ship with renewed confidence. The guard from earlier that day stepped in front of him with a scowl. "Oh piss off, will you?" Leonidas barked, shoving the emblem in his face, the guard went white and immediately stepped aside. "Now that's more like it chap." He spoke the final word with an overwhelming amount of sarcasm.

He marched over to where Eiru, Tyron and Isaiah were stood, stopping briefly to check if Ymir was still behind him, he knew she hated ships and now he was dragging her onto one for the second time that day. "Gentlemen, I trust you have been well in the several minutes since we last saw each other." He shot Eiru an apologetic look, he knew she had been doing her best to ensure they could get away but he needed to get this information.

"Well then, allow me to introduce myself again." He held the emblem out where everyone present would be able to see it. "Leonard Hower, at your service. I would say it's a pleasure to finally formally meet you Tyron but I have been told that lying is considered rude by my etiquette instructor." He said, rolling his eyes before focussing his attention on Isaiah. "Now, why don't you and I have chat? And if you don't terribly mind, it'll be somewhere other than aboard this ship, my friend doesn't deal with ships terribly well."

defgobf-822de872-52bd-4631-a768-f2c103cef167.jpg
Tyron Avattica
Mentions: Uasal Uasal
"What am I doing here? What are you doing here!"

"Standing in for the general," Tyron said, glaring. Since we anticipated trouble with the Hower's arrival.

"Shouldn't you be off doing some copper quests? I thought daddy and mommy didn't want you working with the guards. You know, on account of your brother being as skilled as he is... comparatively of course."

"My esteemed brother is away dealing with other matters," Tyron said, refusing to honour her prior with a response, though the witch didn't seem to care either way if he answered. She spun on her heel to face the men behind her.

"By the divines are you still flashing your blades at me? I put my weapon away ages ago. What do you think I'm going to do? Knock you all out with my iron fists? Little me whose half your size huh? Grow up! Go on! Away with them." The men looked uneasily to Tyron, who made no move to sheath his weapon. Of all the things to fear about the witch it wasn't her fists. Even swords would do little against her magic. "Idiot, why must I always deal with idiots..."

Tyron grimaced as the witch turned to Isaiah, already knowing what was to come. The damn merchant couldn't keep his mouth shut and now Tyron had to sit through another one of the witch's tirades, going on and on about her status in the arcane house and the procedures at the courts-- "You'd have to stand before the cloaks and nobility and clearly state you were in fear of your life before me. That I reduced you to a state of primal fear... Interesting interesting."

If Isaiah wasn't angry before, he was now. Tyron shifted ever so slightly as the merchant's blade slipped further from its sheath. The witch could throw all the words she wanted but if the merchant struck first that would certainly move the court date up. If Isaiah were to be incarcerated then they'd be dealing with a headache all up the north-east coast and-

"Oh and the fact that Tyron here can't arrest me without a warrant due to us both being affiliated with families in power."

He barely bit back his tongue at her flippant words. He dare not to mention that her stoking of insurgence with the Hower clan, on top of trespassing on the docks, would be reason enough for detainment since if he did Isaiah would no doubt insist Tyron arrest her then and there and that would be an even bigger headache than what he was dealing with now.

"Of course, you have my name and details now so feel free to press charges if you so wish but until such a time as the case, I believe my business here is done. You said you weren't buying right? Oh well... Tyron Please be a dear and escort me back to land. I feel oh so threatened by these big burly mecinar...I mean heavily armed merchants..."

Tyron had a great many things to say in response, but before they could continue further commotion drew his attention.

Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars
"Neither of those two annoying stick-in-the-mud's is going to let us go now, and with one of them knowing our real names I don't fancy our chances if we just make a run for it."

Not if we go completely off the map. Ymir had several great ideas for a vacation. They could teleport to the outskirts and be out of the guild's range within the day. Albeit they wouldn't be able to call for help or teleport anywhere else, but even the great and almighty Hower had limits to their influence and--wait--where was he going?

"I already promised I would explain everything once the mission was over and before I left so I'll ask you to wait a bit longer." Waiting wasn't the issue. He didn't have to tell her at all if it were really so dire, it was his current state that was cause for concern. "For now, I'll get us both out of here first."

"Leo, hold on- where are you-" She hastened after him before he got too far. "You know 'out of here' means away from there right?" The opposite direction of the boat, in other words, which he was headed decidedly towards. The guards, still preoccupied by dealing with Eiru, attempted to stop him before Leo shoved some sort of item in their face and spoke with more vitriol than she'd ever heard him use.

"Oh piss off, will you?" She felt as stunned as the guard, frozen for a heartbeat as Leo offered his dry remark. "Now that's more like it chap."

Even though he's just doing his job- "Leo what are you doing?" She shook herself awake and followed behind, for once swallowing the discomfort in face of a greater urgency. Was he trying to help Eiru? The witch was in the least precarious position of all of them. Leo either didn't hear or refused to listen, marching straight to where Isaiah and Tyron stood to show them the item in his hand. An emblem of some sort, but even if it were a mark of the guild that meant nothing to a Hower.

"Gentlemen, I trust you have been well in the several minutes since we last saw each other. Well then, allow me to introduce myself again." Was he intending to give his actual name? "Leonard Hower, at your service." Or try to spin another tale? She heard little even as he continued to speak, two different realisations struggling to surface. Pretending wouldn't help them any longer. Her gaze finally strayed to the emblem in his hand, bearing the Hower crest. The one that's meant to be on his sword?

"...my friend doesn't deal with ships terribly well."

"Oh." Isaiah blinked, glancing Ymir's way and she finally stirred from her thoughts, recoiling at the cordial smile he offered. "Of course, no need to worry about that." She didn't like that expression. Leo was angry, Eiru was affronted, and Isaiah was eerily, unnaturally calm.

"Well, I don't deal with water terribly good you see," she said, as if now was anytime to be arguing such a point. Her hand inched towards the satchel, unsure yet of who she would drag away with her. Just keep talking. "If it's a ship on land that's no problem at all-"

"Touch that bag and your life is forfeit."

Shit. She'd forgotten, of course, that Tyron knew of the waystones. Most foes didn't preempt their existence. The cold edge of a blade rested at her throat as she drew a sharp breath, hands hovering in the air. She hadn't heard him draw his weapon. "Seize their items. Do not let them access the contents." It seemed the prince had had enough of idle chatter.

"It'll be off the ship alright." Isaiah's silver blade slid out of its sheath to rest level with Leo's chest. The friendly visage disappeared, and his gaze reminded Ymir of something that lurked beneath murky surfaces as he examined the so called heir. They both showed their disapproval in a bitter scowl. Leo Hower.

"We'll be sure to move you and your accomplices away from the docks, Sinbad." Isaiah's glanced to the emblem with a faint sneer. "And while I don't know where you got your hands on a Hower crest, I imagine you'll cough that information up after a few hours."

Leonadis Hower. Ymir was still trying to process that information, whether it was truth or lies or a far-fetched bluff Leo had for getting them out of this. It made Tyron's job of restraining her awfully easy as he continued to bark orders at his men. "Do not underestimate the witch. She is a gold ranking member of the arcane capable of turning your magic against you." Several guards reached to restrain Eiru while the others levelled their swords at Leo, the negotiations having reached their boiling point.

1629058683595.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support​

A bad situation quickly turned worse when Ymir and Leon returned to the deck of the ship. Why they hadn't taken the opportunity to flee as planned was far beyond her comprehension. Eiru was confident she could talk herself out of the situation with the dock Guards being in such close proximity even if some harm had to be suffered on her end but with both Ymir and Leon here there was a much bigger issue at hand. If it had been Eiru alone then she could have dealt with a fine or warning by playing off of the fact she had intended to trade an artifact for gold. Now that Leo and Ymir were here that made her story far less convincing and implicated the guild in this mess. The very same guild that was looked down upon by the upper class and in particular the guards who seen guildmembers as more a nuisance than a blessing. Could it have gotten any worse? Yes, yes it could.

Eiru didn't realize at first but upon hearing Isaiah mention the Hower crest Eiru's eyes went wide. She had yet to turn to Ymir and Leo and while she heard Leo address himself as a Hower the situation didn't quite click up until now. The conversation from the journey here, the saddened expressions combined with shock upon the mention of the Hower ship... Leo was! This was a MESS. And before Eiru could even voice her thoughts on the stupidity of Leon's actions Tyron ordered her seized. Perfect. What a fantastic distraction wasted in its entirety. Letting go of her broom Eiru let it fall to the ground where it rattled and rolled against the ebbing deck. She then raised her hands to the back of her head and let out a sigh, closing one eye and letting the other roll toward Tyron "As if I'd use my magic in a populated area or to escape seizure. Believe it or not, not everybody is as gung-ho about fighting as you dear prince. I'll offer no resistance so at least be gentle with me."

Returning her gaze to Isaiah Eiru stuck out her tongue "bleh" before turning to face the gangway alongside her escort of guards "If your family wants to masquerade as merchants now it would be wise of you to at least put some effort into the act. Threats and flashing swords... how crude. Even the prince here is more dignified than you. Chin up, you'll get the hang of it someday".

Passing Ymir and Leon Eiru Looked to the floor and passed by without a word, Once she and her escort were on the way down the gangway she made a whistle, and the broom she had dropped floated slowly to Tyron's side, following his moves like a dog, its bristles swaying like a tail.
Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph

"Of course, no need to worry about that." Leonidas didn't relax, the cordial smile plastered on Isaiah's face was eerily similar to the one Leonidas himself used while lying. "Don't get any funny ideas, I'd be happy to cla-" He abruptly stopped talking when another voice spoke up.

"Touch that bag and your life is forfeit." Leonidas's eyes flared up, pulling out his own sword in a lightning-fast and fluid motion and pointing it at Tyron's throat much the same way as the other was pointing his at Ymir. "Hurt her and your life is forfeit." He bit out, matching Tyron's icy tone. "Move that blade as much as a hair in the wrong direction and I'll make sure getting relegated to the guild is the least of your worries."

A sudden kick to the back of his knee knocked him off balance and the surprise made him briefly drop his sword, before he could pick it up again a heavy black boot was set down on the blade, keeping the sword pinned on the deck. Leonidas looked at Isaiah with narrowed eyes."What do you think you're doing?" An answer never came. "Seize their items. Do not let them access the contents."

Leonidas could feel his blood boil but before he could do anything else two guards moved up behind him and restrained his arms. "It'll be off the ship alright." Leonidas scoffed. "Lower the blade Isaiah. You're making a mistake here."

"We'll be sure to move you and your accomplices away from the docks, Sinbad." Leonidas spat to the side. "Fine by me. But stop calling me Sinbad, it obviously isn't my name you shit-for-brains."

"And while I don't know where you got your hands on a Hower crest, I imagine you'll cough that information up after a few hours." Leonidas sneered. "I'll tell you where I got it, it was a present from my father on my 12th birthday. Your father was there you oaf. How is Clint nowadays?" He asked with a slight smirk.

He shot Eiru an apologetic look as she walked past. He had meant for his grand name reveal to be the end of all the conflict and he certainly hadn't expected Isaiah to not recognize him at all and take them prisoner.

He focused his attention back on Isaiah. "Think about it. Surely you've heard of me and surely you've heard I have been absent from the academy for the past few years." He started, glancing at Ymir. "We'll come with you and I will explain whatever is you want to know until you finally realize who exactly you're pointing your blade at. But..." He glared daggers at Tyron. "If either of you as much as touches one of my friends I'll make sure you pay."

defgobf-822de872-52bd-4631-a768-f2c103cef167.jpg
Tyron Avattica
Mentions: Uasal Uasal
"I'll tell you where I got it, it was a present from my father on my 12th birthday. Your father was there you oaf. How is Clint nowadays?" To Tyron's surprise, it was the poet offering most of the resistance. Tyron hadn't expected the response, though his men were quick to react. Re-sheathing his blade after Leo had been dealt with, he passed Ymir off to two of the guards. Isaiah mimicked the action with his sword as they stepped off the docks. "Think about it. Surely you've heard of me and surely you've heard I have been absent from the academy for the past few years."

"Of course," Isaiah said, walking a few steps ahead of the would-be Hower. "Last I heard my cousin was studying swordsmanship abroad, training to take over the academy."

"We'll come with you and I will explain whatever is you want to know until you finally realize who exactly you're pointing your blade at. But... If either of you as much as touches one of my friends I'll make sure you pay."

"Enough," Tyron snapped, punctuating the statement with a shove to the back to get him moving. "You are in no position to be issuing threats." He ignored the curious onlookers who gathered to watch the parade, kids pointing at the criminals being led off. Ymir clearly despised the attention, but that wasn't any of Tyron's concern.

"As if I'd use my magic in a populated area or to escape seizure." He knew the witch had been quiet too long. "Believe it or not, not everybody is as gung-ho about fighting as you dear prince. I'll offer no resistance so at least be gentle with me." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. The witch had turned words getting under the skin into an art form.

"Take her." He nodded at Eiru. "-to the arcane house and explain the situation." He held no hope that the witch would be let off with more than a slap on the wrist, but at this point he didn't have the time or patience to deal with her antics. It was already shaping up to be a rotten day.

Of course Eiru wouldn't be Eiru without making as many enemies as possible, speaking over her shoulder to Isaiah. "If your family wants to masquerade as merchants now it would be wise of you to at least put some effort into the act. Threats and flashing swords... how crude. Even the prince here is more dignified than you. Chin up, you'll get the hang of it someday."

It was, in the barest of senses, a compliment. Tyron narrowed his eyes, watching her be marched off between two soldiers.

"Quite a piece of work, that one." Isaiah tried to look amused, unable to fully hide his vexation. Tyron didn't dignify it with a reply.

Ymir
Her foot bounced against the cobbles of the holding cell. A rhythmic, aggravated pace as she stared out the window bars. The warm sea air was a foul match to her mood. The cells they were in were atop the cliffs, build into the side of the barracks near the old lighthouse. Probably old storage rooms, repurposed with bars and wooden planks hammered into the walls for seats, but plenty of light filtered through from outside. They weren't in a dungeon yet, just being held for questioning away from the populace, but despite the good grace of having their own cell Ymir had thus far been ignoring her companion.

Eiru was lucky enough to be taken straight to the arcane house. Sure the guards walking her up to the front gate like a disobedient teenager wouldn't be great, but she would talk her way out eventually. It wasn't like she'd be held there for some indeterminate length of time...

...probably. Some of the elders in the house sure liked to hear their own voice. And as a representative of the house Eiru was probably in a hot pot for stirring up trouble--but at least she wasn't stuck in a cell above a watery cliff face... Must be nice. Her leg continued to bounce as the crashing of waves drifted up from below. Despite promises to talk she was in a waspish mood and this was not the place she'd expected to be hearing explanations. As effective as any, but there wasn't anywhere to go if she decided she wanted to storm off--and currently she very much did.

"You'll be waiting here," Tyron had said, as if they had a choice in the matter after he slammed the door shut. He didn't say for how long either, walking away with a curt- "Don't cause any trouble."

As if they could. Well, not without a dedicated effort anyway.

"So you-" she said, staring out the barred window at the blue sky beyond. "Were able to pose as a Hower from the start." Her eyes narrowed against the light. She didn't even care about the history at this point. It was clear enough from his attitude that something happened with the Hower, familial or not, and he had a crest belonging to a member of the clan, which was what landed them in the current mess. Her shoulders slumped as she let out an aggravated sigh, turning to Leo with narrowed eyes. "Want to explain why you didn't just do that from the beginning?"

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Thanking the wulver for agreeing to lend a hand to remove the plants, Ruvo was quick to get to work. Setting aside his instrument and pulling a large knife from his guild issued bag of holding the bard began hacking away at the vines and plants that were creeping up and entangling the homes. He would of offered Willow a knife as well, but he only had the one. Although if their towering physique was anything to go off of then Ruvo bet she could rip up the plants with their strength alone so he figured even if he could, offering them a knife wouldn’t be necessary.

That being said the removal process on his end was slow at first as he was more used to using blades in his carpentry work than with chopping overgrown weeds but eventually he was able to get into a rhythm and was cutting down the plants at a moderate pace. Taking a look over to the wulver to check in on how they were managing, he suddenly realized that he had neglected introductions.

“Oh! Where are my manners? I nearly forgot to introduce myself” he stopped turning his attention to Willow. “I am Ruvo Steelfeather from the Waystone Guild and an aspiring bard” he took a brief bow and gestured toward the lute that was resting against a wall. “I can introduce you to the others later if you would like”

1628962789977.png

Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Akel Continued on down the street, staying close to Vas'on so as to not be overhead as they spoke "Vampires do hold a natural weakness to holy relics and certain chants. However, waving a silver cross their way without the proper training is likely to do nothing more than make them flinch and then grow angrier. Holy water can prove a useful weapon against lesser vampires, searing off the flesh and halting regeneration." Moving toward the carpenters Akel paused just outside "We'll likely find holy water far faster than a religious figure. Also, I highly doubt he'd have been loaned the thralls. Thralls are loyal to a fault and it can be very hard to train one to follow other's orders. Likewise, I highly doubt the original vampire is still around. I can't be certain but I believe it was more of a hit and run sort of situation. Likely a wounded Vampire stopped here and made a meal out of the Count who just so happened to be a virgin resulting in this mess. It's too messy to be intentional."

Entering the Workshop Akel was quick to reappear with a set of six wooden stakes, passing them to Vas'on in a sack. "Your blades will do little for us this time around. You're better off using your strength to force them to the ground and stake their heart. Reclaim the stakes if you can. Also..." Looking to the blacksmith Akel moved quickly returning again with a roughly battered helmet clearly on sale. She made sure no one was looking before holding the helmet afore herself and slicing off the upper half, leaving just the neck guard. Passing it to Vas'on "You're half-elf, the scent of your blood is extremely potent and intoxicating. You will not be left alive if you fall. In fact, you'll likely be drained entirely."

The Wizard
Mentions: Sylph Sylph

"Artyx is currently focusing on the fields. This should allow the pair of us to deal with whatever has nestled itself inside the windmill. Depending on how troublesome it is. The Wizard may have to take the entire structure down to deal with it" said the Wizard as he picked up a fallen branch to serve as a temporary staff. With Milby atop his head and a cold determination in his heart. The Wizard began to make his way toward the Windmill. Along the way, more plants attempted to wrest his bag from him. However the Wizard burned them away as if he were pruning. As part of his studies on the volatility of fire magic. The Wizard had always exercised great caution when controlling his flames. No needless burning so as to avoid conflagration. Arriving at the location. He took a moment to properly observe his surroundings. Something had been able to drive Milby, with her boundless courage from this place. Whatever could do such a thing was certainly worth looking out for. From the outside, growths could be seen slowly making their way out from the windmill. "Troublesome" declared the irritated caster as he considered the possibility that Milby may have agitated whatever had settled here.

Stepping inside the old mill. The Wizard was surprised to see many more of the flowers which had caught his interest. The moment he attempted to collect one for his bag. His ears heard the rustling of leaves. Barely managing to block in time. The Wizard was knocked outside of the mill and fell onto his back. Pain coursed up his spine as he found breathing laborous for a few seconds. "Yes, definitely troublesome" remarked an aggravated Wizard. Slinking back into the mill was a massive vinelike tendril. Much like the tendrils that would waylay him throughout this mission. Squinting his eyes and muttering under his breath. The Wizard latched on to the tendril with a length of orange flame. "Second Order: Flame Whip" uttered the Wizard as he gestured to Milby to attack it while it was held in place...

1628962789977.png

Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Akel Continued on down the street, staying close to Vas'on so as to not be overhead as they spoke "Vampires do hold a natural weakness to holy relics and certain chants. However, waving a silver cross their way without the proper training is likely to do nothing more than make them flinch and then grow angrier. Holy water can prove a useful weapon against lesser vampires, searing off the flesh and halting regeneration." Moving toward the carpenters Akel paused just outside "We'll likely find holy water far faster than a religious figure. Also, I highly doubt he'd have been loaned the thralls. Thralls are loyal to a fault and it can be very hard to train one to follow other's orders. Likewise, I highly doubt the original vampire is still around. I can't be certain but I believe it was more of a hit and run sort of situation. Likely a wounded Vampire stopped here and made a meal out of the Count who just so happened to be a virgin resulting in this mess. It's too messy to be intentional."

Entering the Workshop Akel was quick to reappear with a set of six wooden stakes, passing them to Vas'on in a sack. "Your blades will do little for us this time around. You're better off using your strength to force them to the ground and stake their heart. Reclaim the stakes if you can. Also..." Looking to the blacksmith Akel moved quickly returning again with a roughly battered helmet clearly on sale. She made sure no one was looking before holding the helmet afore herself and slicing off the upper half, leaving just the neck guard. Passing it to Vas'on "You're half-elf, the scent of your blood is extremely potent and intoxicating. You will not be left alive if you fall. In fact, you'll likely be drained entirely."

Vas'On smacked his fist into his palm when she mentioned holy water stopping regeneration "Ah, so Vampires react to holy water in a similar fashion to a troll and acid." he chuckled as he listened to her reasoning for the turning of the Count before frowning "You have to be a virgin to become a vampire? That is an odd requirement. Well, at least I'm safe in that regard. Also, quite odd that a Count would have no trysts he hid. Oddly upstanding for one of nobility."

When he took the stakes, he started putting them into the various loops of his clothing for better access "Pin them and Stake them. Can do, though I feel like lopping off their heads would do just as nicely. But you seem to know what you are talking about and I am taking your lead on this" he blinked when she headed off only to return with a helmet that she immediately sheared into a piece of neck armor "Right. Elven blood is like some kind of aphrodisiac or drug for vampires..." he looked thoughtful "Dama, is it possible that we could use my blood as bait? A recently turned vampire would have very little control or skill at resisting the allure of my blood, as tainted as it may be. We could set some out and lure the Count into a more advantageous position" he placed the neck protection on. If she'd gone through the trouble the least he could do is wear it. Even if they both knew that anything strong enough to take him down would not be stopped by a piece of metal. At most it would give her time to come to his aid.​

Leonidas was staring at the floor of the cell. He had been angry before, angry at Isaiah for ignoring his claim, angry at Tyron for raising his sword against Ymir and most of all angry at himself for getting them into the current situation but now that anger had subsided, leaving Leonidas feeling more calm, or rather empty, than anything. His hand grasped the air at his side habitually in absence of the hilt of his sword. Isaiah had confiscated it with a sneer before shoving them in here.

"So you-" Leonidas looked up. Ymir was angry, but then of course she was, she had every reason to be. "Were able to pose as a Hower from the start." He let out a deep sigh, sliding down the wall onto one of the makeshift benches. “No not exactly.”

She turned to face him, narrowed eyes staring straight at him. He had to repress the urge to turn his head away. "Want to explain why you didn't just do that from the beginning?" He softly and rhythmically tapped the bench a few times before responding. “I didn’t want to. But, at the end, there was something I simply had to know, I couldn’t leave without an answer.”

He sighed again. “I didn’t expect it to be in a damp repurposed storeroom but I guess it’s time for me to give that explanation I promised you. I’ll explain everything from the very beginning.”

“I never posed as a Hower, I am a Hower. My full name is Leonard Augustus Hower, I was born into a life of absolute luxury as the son of the owner of the Hower sword academy."
He glanced at Ymir. "I know it sounds rather hard to believe but everything I'm saying is the truth."

"Anyway,"
He continued. "For a while my life was normal, a loving mother, a strict but fair father and a little sister to take care of. My mother, Olivia, was an accomplished adventurer, she didn't go on many adventures anymore because she wanted to spend time with us but she took on the occasional adventure. I used to beg her to take me with her." A ghost of a smile played around his lips. "She eventually caved and took me with her on an adventure. Well, I say adventure but it was really just a fun trip, my mother wouldn't have taken me into combat no matter how much I would have begged. Nevertheless, it got me hooked on travelling all the same."

He clenched his fist before continuing. "I would often argue with father, he wanted me to take over the academy and I wanted to travel more. Eventually, with a lot of help from mother I got my father to agree to me occasionally working on one of the ships of the merchant side of the family run by my uncle. It was a good arrangement, I got to travel like I wanted and I was still training to take over the academy when I was home. Mother promised she would take me on an actual adventure with her once I turned 18 but," He silently cursed. "When I was 16 she went on an adventure and never returned. Father spared no expense trying to find her but they never did, not alive or dead. But," He closed his eyes temporarily. "No matter how much I wish she had just abandoned us and is still living somewhere, there is no way she would."

He cleared his throat. "After that, father wouldn't let me travel anymore, telling me to focus on taking over the academy instead. I initially agreed, my sister, Cylia was only 12 at the time and I wanted to be there for her so I stayed. Over the next 4 years father became increasingly hard on me and my desire to travel flared up again. Cylia told me to talk to father, we would surely reach an agreement is what she said." He shook his head. "She couldn't have been more wrong. Father disowned me, though never officially, perhaps on the inside he was too soft to do it or perhaps he simply didn't want to damage his pride."

"He wouldn't let me say goodbye to my sister but I had no chance of beating him in a fight. So I left. Changed my name, though once again never officially. Spend a bit of time doing the odd job here and there and eventually ended up in the guild. Which brings us to where we are now, locked up inside of an old storeroom because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. You have every right to be angry, you can punch me if you want, I'm sure I'll make for a better punching bag to relieve your anger than the wall does."
He said with a dry chuckle.

Ymir
“I didn’t want to. But, at the end, there was something I simply had to know, I couldn’t leave without an answer.”

And did you get that answer? Her foot tapped against the cobbles as he slumped down on the bench. “I didn’t expect it to be in a damp repurposed storeroom but I guess it’s time for me to give that explanation I promised you. I’ll explain everything from the very beginning.”

She kept up a veneer of annoyance as he started speaking, her arms crossed as he stared down at the floor. She was usually at least several drinks in when people started spilling life stories. The reason why was beyond her--she fidgeted and glanced around and gave terrible advice--but apparently some people could stomach it for an ear to their troubles. The fact Leo looked more uncomfortable than her gave her a degree of relief in the situation.

"I know it sounds rather hard to believe but everything I'm saying is the truth." He glanced over as if to assuage her reaction.

Leonard Augustus Hower... She threw her head back with a snort--a rich kid. She'd had a feeling after seeing his fighting style. People didn't learn it unless they had expensive tutors. And specialising in poetry of all things must have meant he'd had either the luxury of time or resources growing up. She stared at the cobbled cracks in the ceiling. Being rich doesn't even cover it in this case, huh?

"I would often argue with father, he wanted me to take over the academy and I wanted to travel more. Eventually, with a lot of help from mother I got my father to agree to me occasionally working on one of the ships of the merchant side of the family run by my uncle." He had willingly become a sailor? Ymir knew he had screws loose if he willingly partnered up with her, but that was a step above. Maybe he had barnacles on the brain, or inhaled too much sea salt...

(No, her feelings towards the ocean were not a product of paranoia.)

"No matter how much I wish she had just abandoned us and is still living somewhere, there is no way she would." At the words of his mother's fate she glanced away, out at the blue sky beyond the windows. It wasn't unthinkable. There were any number of fates an adventurer could meet. She counted something on her fingers, brow furrowed. So he left home at twenty?

"He wouldn't let me say goodbye to my sister but I had no chance of beating him in a fight. So I left." Her gaze snapped back to him, eyes narrowed as he remained downcast. "Which brings us to where we are now, locked up inside of an old storeroom because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. You have every right to be angry, you can punch me if you want, I'm sure I'll make for a better punching bag to relieve your anger than the wall does."

"Do I look like I punch walls?" She crossed her arms, leaning back. It sounded like he spoke more from experience than concern. Maybe I should throw you in the ocean on behalf of your sibling. "I feel sorrier for your sister, being left behind by both her mother and elder sibling." But wanderlust was selfish like that. Her own mother had always made it clear just how much like her grandmother she was. "Was she the one you wanted answers about...? Wait-"

She stood abruptly, staring across the cell at her companion. "She is, isn't she?" Her voice touched on incredulous, lips curling back as she strode across the small space. Jeapordising the investigation over something so... simple. She grabbed his collar, hissing under her breath. "If you threw this whole thing off for something I could have investigated separately... I may actually consider dropping you off this cliff-"

"Threatening fellow inmates is disallowed."

She froze at the unamused voice, eyes flashing as she located Tyron out of sight next to the cell door. As per always his approach hadn't made a sound; she wasn't sure how long he'd been waiting around there, but her expression twisted to a scowl as she glanced towards the door. "For a soldier, you sure move an awful lot like a rat."

"You have omniscient sight," Tyron said, tone flat as he stepped into Leo's view outside the bars.

"I can't have it active all the time!"

"And-?" he said, gaze impassive. 'That's your problem.' She let go of Leo, straightening as Tyron crossed his arms outside the door. "What did you find out about the Hower?"

"Pointless asking when you already heard-"

"Not him," he said, glancing at her companion. "I don't care about an estranged heir who turned his back on his duties." If they were disowned from the family it didn't make a difference anyway. Tyron turned back to Ymir, speaking with the authority of someone two ranks above (and not one rank below, as it so happened). "You're lucky the guard were there to step in at all. If the Hower got wind your investigation you'd be somewhere a lot worse than a holding cell."

Milby
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
"Artyx is currently focusing on the fields. This should allow the pair of us to deal with whatever has nestled itself inside the windmill. Depending on how troublesome it is. The Wizard may have to take the entire structure down to deal with it." There were certainly a great many flowers. Milby glared at the inconspicuous things. The yellow dust got all caught up in her fur, like taking a dust bath with butter. Come to think of it, the plants had started chasing her after that as well. Even here, though the structure was covered in patches of yellow, it was choked more by vines and undergrowth than the flowers being slowly strangled. "Troublesome."

"Indeed!" Milby glared at a vine that slowly snuck up behind the wizard, tugging at his hat to signal its present. He burned it away and went to step inside the windmill, only to stop as he recognised more of the strange flowers. "Waaait-!"

She went tumbling off his head as a vin lashed out, knocking them through the door and Milby tumbled into a patch of the clustered undergrowth. A puff of yellow dust filled the air. No sooner it had then the vines lashed for it, as if trying to collect the strange pollen. Milby took the momentary distraction to disappear underground, popping up near the wizard as he called his second attack. "Second Order: Flame Whip!"

He gestured as if to say 'attack'. Milby's eyes sparkled, at last with the chance to draw her sword and leap upon the mighty foe. Rather than attacking the thick hide she ran across it, into the shadows of the plant-strangled building. The darkness meant nothing to her keen eyes. As long as she avoided the plants it seemed the vines paid her no mind, moving around underground seemed to have shaken off most of the pollen.

...whoaaa.

She came dashing out not too long after, leaping onto a spot where there wasn't any of the yellow dust. "There aren't many flowers inside!" she reported, feeling very much like she deserved a detective hat for her efforts. What bushes had remained inside were weak and dying, smothered by leaves and the lack of proper light, but the interior had reminded her of the den back home, held up by vines and cushioned with leaves.

She nodded to herself, satisfied with the findings as the wizard continued to struggle with attacking plants from in and around the windmill. The humans would no doubt be pleased. Off in the distance she saw several farmers hacking at the plants in the remaining fields, some with enough experience to use basic spells it seemed. Milby eyed the haze of yellow that floated around them, the rusty wheels squeaking to life in the back of her head.

Last edited:
1629429350713.png

Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Pausing for a moment to take a step back and inspect Vas'on with his new neck guard Akel raised a hand to her shin and her eyes closely inspected his from head to toe. In all honesty, the neck guard would do very little to protect Vas'on from bites and scratches but even a bit of plate metal was better than nothing. Besides, it wasn't as if he was an easy cookie to crumble. Continuing to inspect him from afar Akel spoke in response "I suppose it's a good comparison to have. Yes, exactly like acid except far easier to acquire". Moving closer Akel raised her hand to the neck guard and gave it a quick swipe with her nails, scratching it a little. "It will have to do, it's the only size that would fit. I'm sorry."

Moving to lead Vas'on toward the Inn Akel continued "Well, one needn't be a virgin exactly. To become a vampire and act freely one must either be a virgin upon turning or be fed the blood of a pureblood after being turned by said pureblood. I don't really understand why that is but it's just how it is. If one isn't a virgin they are turned into either a ghoul or a thrall. A thrall being a non-virgin who has been let feed on its master's blood. Of course, that's a master who isn't a pureblood. Pureblood don't need to enthral others, their pureblood grants them control of those of lesser prestige anyway. Provided they are of the same bloodline."

Opening the door to the inn Akel turned to Vas'on with a deadpan face and spoke quietly "So, unfortunately for you. It's not so great you lost your virginity. Unless being a mindless creature of the night excites you. I, however, should be more than safe as I'm no harlot like a certain someone". Akel finished her sentence by throwing a hard punch into Vas'on's shoulder before heading inside and paying for the room. The two made their way down the hall and into the said room shortly after wherein Akel removed her cowl and flopped down onto the bed.

"I've given your plan some thought and while it does make quite a lot of sense. I'm afraid I'd rather not go down that route. Your blood is bound to attract any vampire in the area sure. But... well..." Sitting up Akel turned towards her partner and her expression grew quite serious "I believe, you already know why I'd rather not. But if you still wish to feign ignorantly then I'll come out and tell you why myself. Although if you'd rather take that road then I hope you'll listen carefully."

"Do I look like I punch walls?" He smiled faintly. "No, but I've learned that you are unpredictable the hard way before."

"I feel sorrier for your sister, being left behind by both her mother and elder sibling." The smile disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. "Don't make it sound like my mother left on purpose. Say what you want about me but don't even suggest my mother is to blame for Cylia being alone." He bit out. His expression softened again moments later. "Sorry, it's just..." He threw his hands up in the air and made a frustrated noise. "I know I wasn't there for Cylia like I should have been but what was I supposed to do? There was no way for me to beat father in a fight and I couldn't go back on my words, he already told me to get out." He resisted the urge to slam his head back against the wall. "If I knew I would end up leaving her alone I would have never left." He mumbled quietly.

"Was she the one you wanted answers about...? Wait-" He was about to nod but Ymir continued. "She is, isn't she?" He weakly nodded. "I had to know."
"If you threw this whole thing off for something I could have investigated separately... I may actually consider dropping you off this cliff-" His sad expression made way for one of annoyance. He slapped Ymir's hand away from his collar and stood up. "I didn't throw anything off! If Isaiah and Tyron had as much as even a single brain cell combined I would have gotten my answers and you would have gotten as much freedom to investigate as you want!"

"Threatening fellow inmates is disallowed." The voice made Leonidas' mood even worse than before. "Oh piss off Tyron, I'm already annoyed enough that you probably heard everything I just told Ymir so spare me your snarky comments. Don't you have something better to do, some other noble's boots to lick or something?"

He turned around and sat back down, listening to the conversation between Ymir silently for a moment. "Not him," Leonidas glared at Tyron when he was addressed. "I don't care about an estranged heir who turned his back on his duties."

Leonidas stood up and marched over to the door, blood boiling. "You're certainly talking big for someone who got dumped into the guild because no one could stand having you around." He taunted with a wicked grin before his eyes turned icy. "You have no clue what my life was like, don't pretend that you know how everything happened." He hissed.

"Also, is there something wrong with your ears? I know you eavesdropped on my life story like a rat so I fail to see how it hasn't sunk in yet." He said, grabbing onto the bars. "My father might have told me to get lost but I was never officially disowned. To the public and to the law I am still Leonard Hower. So," He started with an unsettling smile. "How about you mind your words and let the both of us out of here before I use all the diplomatic power I have as a Hower to make your life as difficult as possible."

He let his hand slip off the bars of the cell door again. "You can ignore what I say if you think I'm bluffing, that will just make everything all the better later." He said with a scoff. Leonidas hated acting like this, it reminded him too much of the noble he could have become instead of the free-spirited individual that he became but he was currently far too angry to care about any of it.

Artyx Bernum
After handling the second field, Artyx jumped slightly at the sudden yelp of anger from the farmer behind her. She wasn't used to such loud shouts in Common, especially since it usually involved with her doing something that most city folk aren't used to. Perhaps, even in this village, norms in the city applied just as well. It was quite different to what she was used to, considering that crops such as these were fairly abundant thanks to her connection to the Wilds, so she was fairly confident in returning them to a more healthy state compared to their man made techniques. Still, she turned around to face the person in question, Trine following suit with an air of indifference to see the problem.

"Mistake?" She asked with a tilt of her head to the side. "Kill vines... Keep crops healthy... Problem?" Despite the problem, she did get between the farmer and Trine for fear of her companion's miasma physically hurting the man. With her own ability to redirect the necrotic mist, she mentally ordered him to move on to the next field while she assured him that their crops will not be damaged permanently. After all, better to dissuade any forms of retaliation just because they didn't understand how druidic magic worked than to later be accused of hurting their lively hoods. The guild would most likely be livid if that were the case.

"Adventurer... here to help... No problem yes?" A small gesture of her hand sent a visible wave of green across their crops, letting even the juvenile crops bloom, ready to be harvested. A bit showy, but it wasn't something she did all that much. She did hear from one of her guild members that city folk quite love a bit of showmanship and flair, even if her magic was quite bland compared to elemental conjuration. Still, she was quite confident in making a few tricks to satisfy the growing audience watching the small scuffle, especially since they were workers that tilled the land for their survival, respecting the cycle of the wilds with a constant care for their crops. It wasn't until Trine's mental urging that she gave a short bow before jogging towards the last infested field, where they repeated the cycle of cleansing the infested life and reviving the crops. Truth be told, it was mundane work and took little from her reserves, but it was honest and it helped those in need.

View attachment 906832

Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Pausing for a moment to take a step back and inspect Vas'on with his new neck guard Akel raised a hand to her shin and her eyes closely inspected his from head to toe. In all honesty, the neck guard would do very little to protect Vas'on from bites and scratches but even a bit of plate metal was better than nothing. Besides, it wasn't as if he was an easy cookie to crumble. Continuing to inspect him from afar Akel spoke in response "I suppose it's a good comparison to have. Yes, exactly like acid except far easier to acquire". Moving closer Akel raised her hand to the neck guard and gave it a quick swipe with her nails, scratching it a little. "It will have to do, it's the only size that would fit. I'm sorry."

Moving to lead Vas'on toward the Inn Akel continued "Well, one needn't be a virgin exactly. To become a vampire and act freely one must either be a virgin upon turning or be fed the blood of a pureblood after being turned by said pureblood. I don't really understand why that is but it's just how it is. If one isn't a virgin they are turned into either a ghoul or a thrall. A thrall being a non-virgin who has been let feed on its master's blood. Of course, that's a master who isn't a pureblood. Pureblood don't need to enthral others, their pureblood grants them control of those of lesser prestige anyway. Provided they are of the same bloodline."

Opening the door to the inn Akel turned to Vas'on with a deadpan face and spoke quietly "So, unfortunately for you. It's not so great you lost your virginity. Unless being a mindless creature of the night excites you. I, however, should be more than safe as I'm no harlot like a certain someone". Akel finished her sentence by throwing a hard punch into Vas'on's shoulder before heading inside and paying for the room. The two made their way down the hall and into the said room shortly after wherein Akel removed her cowl and flopped down onto the bed.

"I've given your plan some thought and while it does make quite a lot of sense. I'm afraid I'd rather not go down that route. Your blood is bound to attract any vampire in the area sure. But... well..." Sitting up Akel turned towards her partner and her expression grew quite serious "I believe, you already know why I'd rather not. But if you still wish to feign ignorantly then I'll come out and tell you why myself. Although if you'd rather take that road then I hope you'll listen carefully."

{Interactions: Akeldama Uasal Uasal )​

"I've worn worse things for battle before" Vas'On said tapping the new piece of neck armor. It wasn't the most comfortable, but he was certain that he wouldn't be wearing it for long. The idea had merit though and getting an actually specifically made piece of armor forged wouldn't be a poor investment. A lot of creatures went for the neck, though often times it was just for a quick kill. Some minor armor would be useful but the half breed was never one for large suits of armor. He needed to be able to move freely and be unrestricted.

"Vampires and their strange rules" he mumbled before she called him a harlot and hit him in the shoulder. The woman was powerful, as usual, as he wouldn't have felt it at all had she possessed strength proportionate to her size "Oh, I'm sorry for being desirable" Vas'On said grinning as they entered the inn "I may not be the most stunning of men, but there are some women who go for these orcish charms. When the entered the room, he moved over and sat on the floor watching her as she discussed his plan to use his blood as bait before she looked at him, all sign of joking vanishing from her face.

He sighed "I've fought you at least a hundred times by now, at various times in the day and in different locations, often at the Guild. We've traveled before as well. I've been around you long enough to pick up a thing or two. I've never pressed you for information or put much thought into it honestly" he shrugged as he leaned his back against the wall "I'm not the type to judge people on their origins or things they'd rather not be public" he waved a hand at his body "Being a half-breed of an elf and orc puts things into a unique perspective. So yes, I'm fairly sure I know the reason you'd rather not use my blood. If you'd like to give me the full story, I'll listen. If not, we'll set that plan off the table and do things the old fashioned way" he slammed his fist into his palm. He'd been acquaintances and sparring partners with Akeldama for years at this point. He was arguably certain that she was his best friend, though he'd never had enough close friends to understand the distinction.

If she had things she'd rather keep secret, she could keep them secret. She owed him no explanations. After all, she'd been a steadfast companion in the years before and he wouldn't begrudge her a few secrets.

1629658734066.png1629658747106.png
Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Loosening her steel-like gaze Akel's eyes seemed to soften quite drastically upon hearing Vas'on's response, if only for a brief moment. Pulling her Katana from her belt, sheath and all, Akel moved to pass it to Vas'on with great care "The symbol on the hilt, it is a vampire bat. That's the symbol or coat of arms for my family, Zugravescu." Looking to the window and then back to Vas'on Akel continued "I was born into a noble family up in the northern reaches of this continent. An only child to my father and mother, the latter of which passed in child birth. And as you most likely have surmised by now my family is that of pureblooded vampires. Or well my father and his side of the family were, my mother was a human. A vampiric noble family."

Taking back her sword Akel rubbed her thumb over the engraved symbol as she continued "I'll spare you the details. I was disowned due to being a black mark on the family and I ended up travelling and joining the guild along my way. This was a gift from my father, it's inlaid with silver and has been blessed, a weapon used by vampires for war against vampires. Cleaning it can be a nightmare..."
Moving to a stand Akel adjusted her belt and carefully reconnected her katana before moving to close the blinds and remove her cloak.

Leaning back against the wall and sliding down to sit aside Vas'on Akel nudged him in the side "Although, I'm around 80 per cent vampire. I'm no freak like you". Leaning her head back Akel almost grinned "On a serious note, your blood is a very tempting substance even for me and I'm no stranger to its scent. With the full moon being tonight I fear I may lose my sense of control, the last thing i want is for that to happen. However, If I keep my distance that should be fine."

Looking to the window Akel continued "If you manage to get inside the manor's gardens and slit your palm open that should lure out any vampires inside. Granted you'd have to distract them long enough to drag them all out and into a group but once that's done we should be able to fight them in the open. And we'll see if any try and escape." Pausing Akel turned to look at Vas'on "Although, with a full moon rising tonight it's very likely you could be overrun during the process of grouping them up. Are you up for it?"

View attachment 907410View attachment 907411
Silver Rank Blade Dancer

Loosening her steel-like gaze Akel's eyes seemed to soften quite drastically upon hearing Vas'on's response, if only for a brief moment. Pulling her Katana from her belt, sheath and all, Akel moved to pass it to Vas'on with great care "The symbol on the hilt, it is a vampire bat. That's the symbol or coat of arms for my family, Zugravescu." Looking to the window and then back to Vas'on Akel continued "I was born into a noble family up in the northern reaches of this continent. An only child to my father and mother, the latter of which passed in child birth. And as you most likely have surmised by now my family is that of pureblooded vampires. Or well my father and his side of the family were, my mother was a human. A vampiric noble family."

Taking back her sword Akel rubbed her thumb over the engraved symbol as she continued "I'll spare you the details. I was disowned due to being a black mark on the family and I ended up travelling and joining the guild along my way. This was a gift from my father, it's inlaid with silver and has been blessed, a weapon used by vampires for war against vampires. Cleaning it can be a nightmare..."
Moving to a stand Akel adjusted her belt and carefully reconnected her katana before moving to close the blinds and remove her cloak.

Leaning back against the wall and sliding down to sit aside Vas'on Akel nudged him in the side "Although, I'm around 80 per cent vampire. I'm no freak like you". Leaning her head back Akel almost grinned "On a serious note, your blood is a very tempting substance even for me and I'm no stranger to its scent. With the full moon being tonight I fear I may lose my sense of control, the last thing i want is for that to happen. However, If I keep my distance that should be fine."

Looking to the window Akel continued "If you manage to get inside the manor's gardens and slit your palm open that should lure out any vampires inside. Granted you'd have to distract them long enough to drag them all out and into a group but once that's done we should be able to fight them in the open. And we'll see if any try and escape." Pausing Akel turned to look at Vas'on "Although, with a full moon rising tonight it's very likely you could be overrun during the process of grouping them up. Are you up for it?"

Vas'On's first instinct was to test the weight and balance of the katana after she handed to him. Naturally it was lighter than his own blades but there was a sureness in the weapon. It had been forged well. It was a bit thin for his tastes but it was a precision weapon unlike his massive force of nature blades. They'd either crush a tough enough opponent or simply cleave them in half. This one was meant to kill in a fast and quick motion. Less mess. He ran his fingers along the bat symbol "A bit on the nose I'd say" he said softly before raising his eyebrow at the mention of her being a noble.

He handed back the blade when she held out her hand "Disowned for being part human?" he asked "I'm not even going to pretend on how that even works, given what you've explained to me about how new vampires are made. Forgive my ignorance, but I was under the impression that Vampires were of the undead persuasion. Such as why blades like yours work. Silver, Holy aspect, ect. How does one procreate in the usual sense if they have no blood flow?" he honestly looked baffled by his own question. He wondered if there were rituals and such involved.

When she sat next to him he shook his head "I'll do my own research, no need to ponder it further for now" especially since she'd just claimed to be eighty percent vampire. That math didn't add up. He himself was technically fifty percent elf and orc, though the orc features were more prominent "I'm a tantalizing freak" he said grinning as he nudged her back "Impressive will power you must have then, being able to sit so close to me. Though it does explain why you were hesitant to be near me when we first met" he'd heard of her strength from other members of the guild and had wanted to test her out himself, though she'd avoided him for a time until he'd cornered her and they'd had their first fight. He frowned "Maybe I should apologize for that time then..."

"Well, if you did lose control and attack me, at least I'd know I was in good hands" he laughed softly "That plan can work. I can handle myself well enough, I've battled you during the full moon remember. I've got an idea of the strength and speed I'd be dealing with. I've also got that healing potion that I can use to close up the cut once I've lured them all out, that way it can be less of a distraction for you"​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back