• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Questing Thread))

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Sylph

Fickle
decuh65-b6a2dc90-fb94-4692-819a-6cc76a4e4ef7.png

Old questing thread.
The Questing Thread
This is the questing thread! Once your characters have formed a team and departed/teleported out of the guild you will move to this thread. Your first post here should generally be arriving at the destination, or beginning the journey there. Once your quest or story is complete you can teleport back to the main hall to turn in the report.

If you're new and interested in joining the thread, have a look at the info on the interest check thread or send me a DM! We're always accepting.

Starter Items
Every adventurer is given a set of items when they sign up to the guild: a waystone, an enchanted map, and a bag of holding.
  • The waystone is used for long distance transport (anywhere more than a day's walk). Visualise the place you want to be and it will take you there. You can only teleport to places listed on the enchanted map. When heading into unexplored territory--or where there is interference of some kind--all waystone functions will cease.
  • The bag of holding can store anything small enough to fit through the mouth. To retrieve, think of the item and reach inside.
  • The enchanted map will help you keep track of your position, but the waystone will only function in areas where it's been properly mapped out.
Rules
  1. RESPECT THE LORE.
    - It isn't required to know everything,
    - But if something seems important it's always best to ask.
  2. No modern technology, though magic equivalents may be allowed.
  3. Main characters are to be a part of the guild or intending to join.
    - There may be exceptions where approval is given.
    - Cannon fodder enemies / random NPCs are fine.
    - Antagonists are allowed.
  4. Race Limitations
    - No fandom characters or historic figures.
    - No gods or beings from religious texts.
    - No extra-terrestrials.
  5. At least one paragraph per post.
  6. Common RP courtesies and Nation rules apply.

Last edited:
denq7kp-ec6c1b58-f335-4037-a83a-ccce7a968fad.png
Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal
The walls of the city were visible from the guild. Towering structures that had fended off even the worst of attacks--and bore the gashes and scorch marks to prove it. On a normal day Ymir might've used her gliders--Eiru had her broom and Leo could... manage, somehow. The point was moot though since she didn't feel like dealing with the tower guards. The walk to the docks wasn't overly far anyway.

"Ymir, could we not just track the merchant with your map magic and my scribing like we have in the past?" Eiru was quick to catch up, joining her outside on the path. "Once we know his route we should be able to investigate it without him being any the wiser right? If he has outside or rather inside help he should need to pause for some time elsewhere before arriving at customs. If he makes no stops then we can assume that he's either using some sort of magic or this is a very organised operation."

She saw Leo nodding along as he joined them, before decisively shaking his head. "That sounds incredibly efficient and all but I'm going to be honest, it also sounds like a total snooze." Hey now- She cackled. As fun as missions were with Eiru it did leave Leo out of the loop. "What about my chance to play detective? Tailing the target is half the fun, if you just magically track him then what did I put on this stuffy clothing for?"

"Our amusement?" she interjected, passing him a sidelong grin.

"I say we tail the guy and brute force our way as soon as we get the chance. If we somehow get the wrong guy then well, let's just say it's not like I have much of a reputation to lose."

"What say you, should I track him?"

"As brilliant as both those plans are," Ymir mused, taking the path that would lead them around the northern fields. "The merchant is already at the trading centre. They'll have hired people to transport the goods." It did give her an alternative idea, as crazy as it was. "But... if you two are that eager for a challenge then we could try and intercept their oncoming cargo. I don't have much information on when or where they'd be coming is all." Heaven forbid it arrived by sea.

"Alternatively," she said, continuing on as the woodland morphed into fields and farming houses. "We go to the trade centre and find their headquarters. Leo can probably bluff his way in as a potential client and I'll pretend to be an assistant." She turned to Eiru with a grin, already with the perfect plan in mind for the troublemaking witch. "After that we'll need someone to make a distraction outside." There were all sorts of ways. Wagons to upend, fights to start, creatures to set free; the centre was pretty chaotic to begin with. It would be no surprise if Azalea had once worked there. "They're obviously not going to show us any of the cargo with smuggled stuff inside, so-" She paused. "Unless..." Well, unless Leo could pull of something really impressive, but doing that would also mark them as culprits if the operation was unearthed soon after. "...no, that would be too big a risk. With the current plan if all goes well I'll use the cover to sneak away and have a snoop around. Leo can cover for me if they notice I'm gone, and we'll meet up again after once we're sure we're in the clear."

Clapping her hands together she offered them a bright grin. "What do you think? Flawless, right?"

Nothing could possibly go wrong.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
"Our amusement?" Leonidas rolled his eyes. "Haha very funny, you sure you don't mean for your viewing experience instead? I distinctly remember you saying I'm pleasant on the eyes not too long ago." Or well, something like that. Close enough right? "If you wanted me to entertain you you should have said so, I would have brought one of my instruments." He said with a smile before promptly humming a tune to the rhythm of his feet hitting the path.

"Maybe I should have anyway, nothing I have with me currently is flashy enough for a grand appearance in public." He glanced at the sword at his hip, silver gleaming in the sunlight and reflecting the small scratched out symbol on the handle. "Do you guys never wish your magic was more flashy?" He asked his companions. "Wind and poetry magic are cool and I would hardly trade them in for other magic but imagine," He said, stopping in place and turning around to face the both of them. "You draw some circles with your hands," He followed his words by drawing a few circles in the air with his fingers. "and fire shoots out, now that's showmanship." He fell back into step next to his two companions. "That whole demonstration would have probably looked cooler if I actually had that kind of magic."

"But... if you two are that eager for a challenge then we could try and intercept their oncoming cargo. I don't have much information on when or where they'd be coming is all." Leonidas tapped his chin. "Well we're going to the docks so id say chances are high they'll be transporting it by ship, now knowing when they are coming is a problem though, there is a ton of cargo arriving and going every hour in Lantana's harbor."

"Alternatively," He slowed his step a bit. "We go to the trade centre and find their headquarters. Leo can probably bluff his way in as a potential client and I'll pretend to be an assistant." He nodded. "That sounds like a safer plan, lets go with that." He was eager to agree, both because the plan was actually better than the first and because he thought it would be really funny to have Ymir act as his assistant, he was definitely going to have fun with that.

He listened attentively as she explained the rest of her plan, nodding along with most of the details.

"What do you think? Flawless, right?" He laughed. "I don't know about flawless but it certainly sounds fun." He swept a few stray locks of hair out of his face. "As long as none of the traders there ask me to put any weight behind my words that is, I do not have nearly enough money to actually impress anyone there." He said with a grin, waving his hand dismissively. "I'll just have to be a convincing actor."

1627239413376.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support
Waystone Guild Road
Eiru quietly hummed along to herself as she followed behind her two companions, taking her time to take in the environment around her. It wasn't too often she walked to town and it was even rarer that she could do so without worrying about lingering slimes. Leon moved to tease Ymir about a comment she had made in the past regarding his own appearance and although it was an easy target for Eiru to latch onto she decided not to, Ymir had already had enough of her antics this morning to last her till evening so Eiru had no intention of poking more fun. Well, that was until Leon went on to say 'If you wanted me to entertain you you should have said so'. Bang! The phrase was like a silver bullet in terms of material. Did Leon have any idea what he had just said and how valuable such a phrase would be to Eiru's arsenal against Ymir. A wicked grin quickly came to form on Eiru's face. Her elbow digging into Ymir's side with a wink. No words were even necessary. Not just the action alone was sure to draw Ymir's attention to what Eiru was suggesting. A perfect set-up, a perfect execution. Leon was indeed a valuable teammate in Eiru's own personal quest of the day.

Quickly moving out of harm's way Eiru chuckled to herself as the group continued down the path, where Leon thought up a question for the group. Thinking on the subject while wiping a tear from her eye Eiru waved her finger in the air and a small circle of intricate design appeared "Flashy magic? I think all magic is flashy in it's own way. Even your magic is flashy given the right place and time. But no, I quite like my school of magic. It's the fruit of my labour afterall" Eiru beamed.

As the group grew nearer the main path to town Ymir went on to explain her plan and Leon chipped in with his own thoughts on the matter. "I should be able to handle a distraction. Most of the trade centres lights and facilities are magic based. I can stir up quite a mess from the safety of the cafe across the way." Reaching into her bag Eiru produced a large pouch of gold and tossed it to Leon "I don't really need for much, so I've amassed quite the small fortune in my time here. If you need more I can give you more but I'd say that should be enough to portray you as a wealthy merchant no?". Grinning Eiru looked to Ymir "I believe women these days are quite attracted to wealthy merchant types... your thoughts Ymir?"
Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars

Ymir
"Haha very funny, you sure you don't mean for your viewing experience instead? I distinctly remember you saying I'm pleasant on the eyes not too long ago."

Ymir snorted, turned her head away as she waved a hand. "A shame its obscured by your ego."

"If you wanted me to entertain you you should have said so-" An unexpected elbow dug into her side and she jumped, glancing down to see Eiru cackling as she ducked out of reach. "I would have brought one of my instruments." Narrowing her eyes Ymir kicked a gust towards the witch's legs--with how small they were it wouldn't take a great deal to knock them off their feet. "Maybe I should have anyway, nothing I have with me currently is flashy enough for a grand appearance in public."

She straightened as Leo turned back to face them. He'd thought of something and Ymir did her best to look like she hadn't been messing around with the witch instead of listening. "Do you guys never wish your magic was more flashy?"

It wasn't the topic she expected, though she supposed it made sense for Leo. He liked flashy things--or perhaps more so the attention that came with it. "Wind and poetry magic are cool and I would hardly trade them in for other magic but imagine--you draw some circles with your hands-" The accompanying motion was a not-so-impressive mimicry of a basic spell. "-and fire shoots out, now that's showmanship." He fell back in beside them. "That whole demonstration would have probably looked cooler if I actually had that kind of magic."

"Probably," Ymir said readily, glancing over as the witch perked back up at the prospect of discussion, summoning one of her own glyphs.

"Flashy magic? I think all magic is flashy in it's own way. Even your magic is flashy given the right place and time. But no, I quite like my school of magic. It's the fruit of my labour after all."

Ymir nodded along. Of course the witch would think so when her ability was to make spells flashy--the effects could be spectacular, though it occurred to Ymir that Leo may not have seen the results before.

"I wouldn't mind a water affinity," she said. From what she'd heard the ocean hid some of the most wondrous things. Unfortunately for Ymir it wasn't just her ability she had trouble with on boats. "Would be great if I could chart the high seas instead of having to go around them."

"Well we're going to the docks so I'd say chances are high they'll be transporting it by ship." Eugh. That was definitely out. "Not knowing when they are coming is a problem though, there is a ton of cargo arriving and going every hour in Lantana's harbor."

Ymir nodded. "The trading centre it is."

"I don't know about flawless but it certainly sounds fun--As long as none of the traders there ask me to put any weight behind my words that is, I do not have nearly enough money to actually impress anyone there. I'll just have to be a convincing actor."

"I should be able to handle a distraction. Most of the trade centres lights and facilities are magic based. I can stir up quite a mess from the safety of the cafe across the way."
Reaching into her bag Eiru pulled out a hefty looking sack. "I don't really need for much, so I've amassed quite the small fortune in my time here. If you need more I can give you more but I'd say that should be enough to portray you as a wealthy merchant no?"

"Oh, have some faith in him," Ymir laughed. "Coin helps, but almost any amount will do so long as you seem willing to throw it around." Glancing over at the walls of the city she made a mental note. They really were something to behold when viewed from afar. We should be getting close to the merchant road by now.

"I believe women these days are quite attracted to wealthy merchant types... your thoughts Ymir?" The witch wore their signature smirk. Yet more baiting for this bizarre mission they were on. Ymir did her best to look thoughtful, a hand on her chin as she considered the idea in the clouds above them. "You know... you might be onto something." Glancing at Eiru she grinned. "Don't suppose you trade on top of having all that money?"

"A shame its obscured by your ego." Leonidas chuckled. "Rude," He whistled a small tune. "I believe that's my personality you're talking about and honestly," He rested his thumb and pointer finger on his chin and shot her his best dumb dreamy look. "I'd say that's the best part of me." He said with a grin.

"Flashy magic? I think all magic is flashy in it's own way. Even your magic is flashy given the right place and time." Leonidas sighed. "Yea I suppose so, but not the kind of flashy I'm looking for. The, make everyone look your way in awe and make them cheer your name kind of flashy, the good kind of flashy." "But no, I quite like my school of magic. It's the fruit of my labour afterall" Leonidas smiled. "Well, I suppose I worked quite hard on my poetry magic myself."

"I wouldn't mind a water affinity," Leonidas blinked. That was odd, especially considering Ymir had seemed so against the idea when he had suggested they take a trip out to the ocean at some point to go on a grand pirate adventure.
"Would be great if I could chart the high seas instead of having to go around them." That was even more confusing, so now she suddenly wanted to go out to the sea after all? He shrugged. Oh well, maybe someday he could convince her to go on a pirate adventure with him. Though, he did not own a ship, at least not anymore.

"I should be able to handle a distraction. Most of the trade centres lights and facilities are magic based. I can stir up quite a mess from the safety of the cafe across the way." Leonidas nodded. "Not going to lie to you, I was kinda hoping to be the one stirring up the trouble but I'll be busy putting on a grand performance and if I can't do it I can't think of a better person to cause chaos than you." He said with a smirk.

He fumbled a bit but ultimately managed to catch the bag of coins Eiru threw his way, judging by the weight there truly was a small fortune in there. "I don't really need for much, so I've amassed quite the small fortune in my time here. If you need more I can give you more but I'd say that should be enough to portray you as a wealthy merchant no?" Leonidas just nodded, dumbfounded for the moment.

"Oh, have some faith in him, coin helps, but almost any amount will do so long as you seem willing to throw it around." Leonidas held up his hand and shook his head. "No, no. I agree I should be able to do it with my acting ability alone but it certainly helps. Oh and also," He pointed to the bag of gold. "You gonna need this back? If not," He poked the bag, eyes shining. "I can find a nice home for these little guys." He said, shaking the bag around a little.

They stopped in front of the trading centre. "Alright, you guys ready? You better be because I already thought of a full backstory and fake name on the way here." He flicked some hair out of his face and smirked. "Introducing, Sinbad Adventum. Mysterious and foreign merchant." He was putting strain on his voice to make it sound deeper which was probably really obvious to those he interacted with regularly but it wouldn't sound strange to people who had never met him. "What do you think? Sound good?"

1627438062441.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support
Lantana Outskirts > Trading Centre
Eiru was nearly swept off her feet completely when Ymir swept a gust her way. Were it not for her anticipating such an event Eiru would have most certainly taken a fall. Fortunately for the small witch, a near trip was all she suffered. But it served as a reminder that it was probably time to lay off on the lovey-dovey jokes she had been so fond of up until now. besides leaving them to rest a while would only make them better later. "I dabble... I'm no merchant but... I can spot a deal when I see one. Does that make me a lady killer? Are you smitten with me yet Ymir?" OKAY that was the last one!

Removing her hat Eiru opted to shove it into her bag of holding, if magic was about to go haywire the last thing she wanted was for her hat to signal 'hey there's a witch over here!'. Granted her clothing wasn't all too inconspicuous either, with that in mind Eiru gave her robe the same treatment and shoved it within the bag flippantly. That was much better, with just her skirt and blouse Eiru blended in much better with the general public, especially with the sun high in the sky and a warm breeze on the wind. Stretching her arms to the sky Eiru looked to Leon with a cheeky smile "I can lend it to you if you want. Granted I'll be taking an intrest rate. Unless of course, you'd rather try your luck against a Fae in a game of chance or cards.".

When Leon then went on to explain his backstory Eiru couldn't help but chuckle at the forced voice and terribly bland backstory the poet had come up with. It was hilarious, no one knew him here anyway so what was the need to put on an accent. Honestly! The mission had hardly started and it was already more than entertaining for Eiru. Gripping her stomach as a cramp began building Eiru tried her hardest to settle her laughter, wiping a tear from her face as she held Ymir's shoulder for support. "L..Leon... it's perfect. I mean SINBAD hahaha..."

Correcting her posture Eiru recovered quickly, releasing Ymir as she regained her balance "Ahh, Leon. You're great! I can see why Ymir invited you to her team. Tell me. Your poetry magic, what is it currently capable of? I've yet to see it in action."

Producing a blank sheet from her bag Eiru passed it to Ymir "And Ymir, I'd like to track you both from my table so if you would could you map the area. Remember to keep yourself and Leon visualised as you do and if you can try scan for magical signatures too. I'll take care of the rest."
Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph

1627438990959.png
Sangana Village

Sangana Village is a small northern town that exports large harvests of sage to the capital Lantana by way of horse and cart. The farm town sits atop and around two hills with a forest creating a natural border around it's far edges. The town has no church but contains everything else one might come to assume a farm town in the boonies would. A tavern, an inn, stables, forge, woodworkers, glassblowers, market square and of course a well-fortified manor for the sitting Count.

As one could expect the townsfolk consist almost entirely of humans and not many travellers outside of merchants bother to visit the secluded town resulting in a very closed community in which everyone knows everyone and their business too. Unfortunately, this also means as an outsider there's very little one can do without it being known to all, the guards might as well have eyes and ears everywhere. It's also very sad to report but this kind of closed community also tends to be very iffy about races outside their own. Especially due to the fact the town is dominantly human in nature. If you're not of human origin, be ready to bear with some discriminatory behaviour and even more of a watchful eye is likely to be kept on you.

Magic is not common in this Boonie town with the guards and nobility being those who covet the power. Some farmers and villagers can be found using telekinesis or water magic but nothing past that of a copper grade in nature. Most certainly not offensive magic either.

Currently, there have been several reports of missing persons within the community, people vanishing from their homes in the dark of night without much of a trace. droplets of blood have been found consistently throughout all the crimescenes with little to no struggle being evident. Such strange happenings have gone of for months now and with the guard drawing up blanks and the townsfolk on their wits end a quest was issued to the guild. Rumour has it the count is a vampire. Some folks swear by it and others call it hearsay. It's you're job to discover whether this is true or not and if at all possible to find those missing persons.

Remember there are eyes everywhere!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Akeldama Vlad Aldea Mayer
Silver Rank Blade Dancer
1627440856381.png Akeldama appeared in a flash just outside the main gate of the town, causing quite a stir in doing so. The people gathered around the gate, gasped in surprise at her sudden and spectacular appearance and the guards on duty were quick to draw their blades.

"Halt, state your name and business! Where have you come from! What kind of magic was that!"

Shifting in her cloak Akedama took in her surrounding quietly before responding to the barking soldier. Presenting him with her waystone Akedame spoke softly yet clearly, her eyes watching the bowmen in the tower "My name is Akeldama. I'm with the Waystone Guild and I've come at your request. I know not what magic is used by the guild to transport us as it does but I can tell you this stone, which also serves as my Identification, is the relic used to call upon said magic. I will also have a partner join me shortly so please be aware that another flash of magic is imminent. I'm giving you advanced warning to prevent any misfired arrows..."

The guard took a moment to examine the stone before passing it back to Akel with a grunt, waving the bowmen down "Fancy city magic pft... whats wrong with walkin'. No matter, I've grasped the situation. My name is Charles and I'm the gatekeeper 'round these parts. I'm also the man who issued the quest. I'd rather not have to explain it twice so let's wait for your partner to show up first."

Returning her waystone to her bag Akel fixed her cloak before moving into the shade along with the guard to await Vas'on's arrival. "I appreciate your cooperation"
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Sangana Village]
{Interactions: Akeldama Uasal Uasal )

...and reappeared outside the main gate of Sangana Village. If the dark and brooding Akeldama made an impression, the large and imposing figure of Vas'On alongside his more aggressive and less attractive features, caused quite a stir. Weapons were drawn and pointed at him, even with the forewarning, his appearance was enough to drive people to action instead of thought. He didn't move more than his eyes, quickly counting the number of people as well as searching for Akeldama.

"Hmm" he grumbled to himself as his eyes locked on the woman in the shade "Perhaps I should give you a drawn portrait of myself the next time we use the warpstones to travel to a village" he said as he observed the walls of the village "Good defenses though, proper and instant response but no premature shots fired"

"All in all, I'd give you a six out of ten in defensive natures. Now that you've seen us teleport in, I'd recommend preparing for that eventuality" though Vas'On was not sure how the magic worked in the slightest. He wasn't really interested in learning either but it did seem like they always appeared in the same place each time they 'ported in.​

vine_map_by_arumey_deo6aya-pre.jpg
Milby
Mentions: RatKing RatKing Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim
With a small and unobtrusive disturbance a small creature appeared on the plains beyond the overgrown town. From her small vintage point she could see vines and plants rising up beyond the wooden walls of the village and choking the surrounding fields. Sheathing her blade she started towards the gates she saw in the distance, thoughts buzzing. Drawing nearer she saw several makeshift camps had been set up outside the walls, worried people milling between them. It seemed most the guards were focused inwards to combat the growing threat from the borders of the forest.

Seeing a familiar flash nearby Milby changed her trajectory. Such light could only be the magic of the waystone.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim
Appearing in a field not too far from Sigmar, the avian bard began to take bearing of his surroundings. From what he could see, Sigmar was indeed in need of help if the vines and various other plants littering the fields and growing taller than the walls were anything to go off of. Though to get a better idea of what may be going on they would have to see what Artyx had to say on the manner once they too arrived.

"Milby?" he called out looking around for the small guild member amongst the grass and other foliage while hoping that she had started to head toward the town and was not getting ready to startle him once more.

Artyx Bernum
Mentions: Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing
The Druid's arrival was met with a burst of light a small distance closer to the town, already feeling the life of the forest. For her, the very essence of nature was palpable and chaotic, so much so that she didn't need to even look at the damage to understand the severity of the effects. The wilds were more than just simple trees and grass, but the delicate balance of a thriving and complex ecosystem it housed within the walls of thorn and bark. For a druid of her caliber, nature itself seemed to reach out and gently welcome her, yet the energies she exuded was very much against the thought. Encompassing and growing, nature will eventually reclaim the land, but this issue was more than just that. Something has tampered with the speed of growth, accelerating it to the point where the forest itself cannot sustain the sudden expansion and causing damage both explicit and subtle to the landscape. Whether it was intentional or accidental, it remained an affront to the way of the wilds. Something she needed to correct.

As she settled her eyes on the village of Sigmar, a familiar presence emerged behind her. Trine padded over by her side, the blanket of necrotic mist that surrounded his massive body trickling onto the ground as he manifested into the physical realm, turning the grass into withered ash wherever he stepped. It was always an interesting realization for many who come to see her expertise at work, for druids are thought of as protectors of the wilderness and preach for the preservation of nature itself. True, but death is just as much of a necessity as it is to life. A delicate balancing act on the edge of a knife. For the Bernum Family, they necessitate the darker, but essential side of Druidic tenets. For old roots must give way to the new and pave a path using their life to support the growing generation. Hence why many always question the constant shadow of dark, necrotic energy that followed her presence.

After giving Trine's fiendish head a small rub, she tapped her staff onto the ground, sending an invisible wave across the grass that traveled a large radius around her. A way of reconvening members together by giving them a sense of direction of where the party was through the plant life. Incredibly useful for when someone strays from the path and gets lost in a sea of bramble and leaves. With her short scan finished, she began to walk towards her fellow members, changing her path slightly so that they may group together at the entrance of the village.

The Wizard
Interactions: Sylph Sylph
Mentions: RatKing RatKing Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim

Arriving in a flash of light. The Wizard opened his eyes to the sight of an unfamiliar location. Taking a few moments to observe his surroundings. He was able to deduce that the waystone had indeed transported him elsewhere. Looking in his general area. The Wizard was unable to see his party. Perhaps they had all been sent to differing locations close to the town. If so, the waystone needed a bit more fine tuning. Of course The Wizard wasn't a talented enough artificer for such a feat. Patting himself on the back for how humble he was. The Wizard closed his eyes once more, waving his fingers in the air and incanting something under his breath. When he let the light of the world in once more. Everything was varying shades of color. This was originally a low level fire spell created for those with flame and body affinity. However those without the body affinity could mimic it for short periods of time. Though pushing it too far would damage his eyesight. Searching through the grass, he found the familiar shape of Milby. Crouching down and greeting the small rodent. The Wizard picked her up and placed her on his shoulder. "We seem to have arrived" said The Wizard as he gestured with his staff.

Ymir
"Rude, I believe that's my personality you're talking about, and honestly." He gave her his best grin, which she knew had more than a few of the girls in the guild flustered, to say nothing of the ones in town. "I'd say that's the best part of me." Ymir stuck out her tongue, not having it in her heart to argue.

"I dabble... I'm no merchant but... I can spot a deal when I see one. Does that make me a lady killer? Are you smitten with me yet Ymir?"

At the smug words Ymir pulled the witch's hat over her face. "Scandalous, Eiru. Don't you already have a husband?"

They reached the steps of the trading centre without incident, the tall masts of the port visible in the distance. "Alright, you guys ready? You better be because I already thought of a full backstory and fake name on the way here." Leo turned to them both with a grin. "Introducing, Sinbad Adventum. Mysterious and foreign merchant. What do you think? Sound good?"

Adventum?

"L..Leon... it's perfect. I mean SINBAD hahaha... You're great! I can see why Ymir invited you to her team-"

"I'm judging the last name," Ymir said. "But that does remind me, I'll be... Yama, from now on." She flicked them both a grin. "No one special; just don't mess it up."

"Tell me. Your poetry magic, what is it currently capable of? I've yet to see it in action. And Ymir, I'd like to track you both from my table so if you would could you map the area. Remember to keep yourself and Leon visualised as you do and if you can try scan for magical signatures too. I'll take care of the rest."

Of course she has thoughtography paper. Ymir reached for the item, both annoyed and impressed. "Fine, but call me Yama-" Before she could take it, something else caught her eye. A familiar symbol, not so much as a squiggle in the distance. Is that-?

She hurried forward, stopping between the gap in two buildings where she could observe the shore. It is! Billowing in the wind, a distant yet unmistakable emblem rippled over the mast of a ship. "...new plan." Ymir turned to the both of them with a grin. While it was true she didn't want to go anywhere near the docks and less so near a ship, the opportunity was too good to pass up. "It looks like Hower have a ship in port!"

It would be infinitely easier to observe while it was chaotic, and with so many people around it wouldn't be hard to make a distraction and get close. Ymir was patting herself on the back internally when she noticed Leo's reaction. She supposed most wouldn't be so happy to hear they'd be going against one of the most powerful merchant families east side of the kingdom—not it was anything compared to the central regions—but honestly she hadn't expected him to know the name. "Riiight, I should probably have mentioned they were the arms dealers of the guard-" And to that extent they risked pissing off two major factions; Eiru would be delighted- "But not to worry! Even if they realise we were there, with our flawless plan they'll have no clue who to send the assassins after."

She hurried them off towards the port, not wanting to miss whatever window of opportunity they had. "You guys know about the Hower family right? Eiru I guessed you would. They pretty much own the supply of weapons from the east up the northern coast. And their bloody sword style is all the rage amongst the nobility." She hadn't the patience for it herself. Too much small movement and anticipation of the opponent's attack; she'd never seen it used in a real fight anyway. As far as she was concerned it was taught to people who had no chance of needing it. "Don't know why they're under suspicion of smuggling-" Hells knew they made enough off their trade- "But I suppose that's why we're here. Eiru, give me that paper and I'll map out the docks." She was certain she could have it done by the time they arrived.

Milby
Mentions: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RatKing RatKing Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim
Milby had crouched down closer to the edges of the town, observing the comings and goings with beady eyes. Such was her concentration she didn't notice the figure sneaking up on her, screeching ungraciously when she was picked up and placed on their shoulder. She immediately leapt atop of their head--the only perch worthy of her consideration--flattening down a familiar hat as she realised it was the wizard she'd met earlier. "Wizard!" she said. "You're here!"

"We seem to have arrived." He gestured with the old and mighty staff.

"That we have!" Happy with their deduction she drew her sword, pointing it somewhat uselessly towards the gates--since he could hardly see her atop his head. "Onwards to Sigmar!"

"Milby?" Further towards the village Milby's ears pricked up at a familiar voice. From her new vintage point she could see a head of feathers glancing around up ahead and, diving off of Wizard's head with a gleeful cry, she disappeared into the earth.

"Righteous Ruvo!" She popped out of the ground near the bard's feet, shaking off dust and dirt in a small cloud as she greeted them with her usual vigor. They were much closer to the village now and running along the ground she'd have to duck beneath vines and bushes. Not an ideal situation. Leaping onto a nearby root that had broken the earth to curl above the ground, Milby spotted the final member of their party approach--at least, the imposing shadow that lingered behind them. "Artyx! Great shadow!" she ran in circles around the root several times, as if that would attract them to the position. "The group assembles! We are ready to take on the ruthless wilds!"

For her part, the chinchilla appeared ready to charge right in and start stabbing. It did not seem there would be any guards to stop them. The distant sound of conflict floated over the walls of the village--made less for monster attacks so much as keeping the wandering wildlife at bay--though most seemed most the population were safe in the camps further down the fields. "Great duchess Artyx!" she declared as both them and the wizard joined their location. "What evil ails the village that we must vanquish?"

To the chinchilla, it all seemed to be overgrown brambles and bushes and flowers that swayed above her head--were she not perched on a high reaching root anyway. It was closer to the village that the vines choked the walls, and where signs of a fight seemed to have taken place.

"I can lend it to you if you want. Granted I'll be taking an interest rate. Unless of course, you'd rather try your luck against a Fae in a game of chance or cards." He shook his head. "I'm up for a game of cards later but I'm not betting this," He gestured to the bag of gold. "The last thing I need right now is crippling debt."

"L..Leon... it's perfect. I mean SINBAD hahaha..." He frowned. "I get the feeling you don't actually think that." "I'm judging the last name," He smirked. "Well I thought it was quite the clever play on adventure. Besides, it's not like those guys will care about anything other than the money I'm carrying anyway Yama." He said with a wave of his hand and a grin.

"Ahh, Leon. You're great! I can see why Ymir invited you to her team. Tell me. Your poetry magic, what is it currently capable of? I've yet to see it in action." He sighed lightly. "I'm not sure how to feel about that compliment when you still look ready to burst into a fit of laughter every time you look at me." He started. "Anyway, it all depends on how much resistance the target puts up as well as the length of the poem. I can make others fall asleep, make them feel weak, make them feel pain or take their pain away, the list goes on. Point is, given enough time and the right target I can induce anything psychological. I can't actually take someone's strength away or heal their wounds."

"...new plan." He turned. "Oh, already getting cold fe-" "It looks like Hower have a ship in port!" Leonidas' breathing hitched, the small joke never making it past his throat. That had to be a cruel joke of sorts. He glanced in the direction of the harbor towards the ship Ymir had been looking at. His hand clenched around the grip of his sword involuntarily, two swords set against the backdrop of a golden coin, that blasted emblem. The same emblem he had carried with pride for more than half his life, the same emblem he had haphazardly scratched off the guard of his sword.

"Riiight, I should probably have mentioned they were the arms dealers of the guard-" He didn't respond, silently staring at the ship in the distance."But not to worry! Even if they realise we were there, with our flawless plan they'll have no clue who to send the assassins after." "I'm not too sure about that." He said in a barely audible mutter. If I go there's no guarantee I will be able to return to the guild after. He sighed. Fine, if the past was that determined to chase him down maybe it was time for him to step up and deal with it once and for all. "I might take a temporary leave from the guild when this mission is over." The words came out like a throwaway comment, not an important declaration but there was a certain weight behind them nonetheless.

"You guys know about the Hower family right? Eiru I guessed you would. They pretty much own the supply of weapons from the east up the northern coast. And their bloody sword style is all the rage amongst the nobility." He sharply nodded. "I'm familiar." All too familiar. "Ruthless efficiency in any and all movements, don't waste even the slightest bit of energy, don't miss a single chance to strike." A sword style that, even after all these years was still ingrained in his muscles. One that he still knew every single step to.

"Don't know why they're under suspicion of smuggling-" Leonidas nodded. "I would like to know as well." He stated, eyes and voice the coldest they had ever been since he had left his former life behind. "But I suppose that's why we're here. Eiru, give me that paper and I'll map out the docks." He waited until Eiru handed Ymir the paper before he set out towards the docks. "Let's go." He called over his shoulder towards his friend.

The constant glances Ymir shot his way didn't escape his notice but for a little while he chose to ignore them. After another particularly obvious glance he sighed. "I," He shook his head. "Later." He took another step. "I'll answer all your questions and tell you everything before I leave. Or are you so intrigued by my mysterious past that you can't wait?" He added with a slight smirk, some of the usual playfulness seeping back into his voice.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

“Goodness!” he said nearly tripping over himself to avoid stepping on the sudden appearance of Milby who had burrowed up out of the ground. “Oh. It’s just you Milby, and here I thought for a moment it might have been some vines or a monster bursting out of the ground to attack me” he caught his breath and watched on as the chinchilla rogue circled around excitedly as the other two members of the quest group soon after approached.

The first he took notice of was Artyx and Trine. The creature flanking the druid was quite larger and more fearsome than he expected up close. He didn’t recall the druid going out to go get their companion, so the avian bard wondered if it was a familiar. He had heard of wizards summoning creatures and binding them to their service but those he had always thought were small animals like owls and cats and not something that was a large as him.

The Wizard was the next he noticed, apparently approaching from behind him. The mage was a strange one as he simply went by a title that was insisted upon to be used to refer to him. Though he did seem eager to prove himself as a powerful mage worthy of praise and recognition.

Now with the four of them grouped up, he waited for their druid companion to give their opinion on the situation.

1627672140475.png
The Gatekeeper Charles

The gatekeeper Charles scoffed at Vas'on's remark waving down the guardsmen yet again with an audible huff and puff. The man stood around six feet and was extremely well built for a guard out in the boonies, his armour clearly worn yet perfectly maintained it would seem. With a hand on the hilt of his sheathed sword, Charles motioned for the two adventures to follow him inside the gatehouse where he soon prepared a seat for the two opposite his large oak desk.

Once both Akel and Vas'on had taken a seat the man took his own and procured two documents from a drawer hidden within the desk itself. "You two are here in response to the request I issued correct? That's all fine and well but there's still a process that needs to be observed. "State your names in full including...a clan... if such a thing applies to you big man, your business and your estimated stay time. Provide me with your stones or whatever and I'll look 'em over to prove your identities and story and then I'll stamp you both down as permitted for entry." Passing the documents across the table Charles lay back in his chair and retrieved a cigar from the same drawer, lighting it and puffing on it as he waited for the two to finish their paperwork. "Also, needless to say, but those weapons are going to need to stay sheathed at all times while in the town. Matter of fact I'm going to need to keep a hold of the big fella's weapons here... wouldn't want to spook the natives now would we"

Looking to Akel the man let out a large plume of smoke "also... a woman shouldn't be seen hiding her face around these parts, lose the cloak. Makes a pretty woman like yourself seem dangerous and up to no good."

{Interactions: Akeldama Uasal Uasal )

"Vas of the clan 'On" the large made said in response to to a request of his name and clan even as he looked over the paperwork and filled in the requisite information. He looked over to Akeldama "I believe we'll be staying long enough to complete the quest, but she is taking point on this one so it is up to her" he set his waystone onto the table before reaching back for his weapons "I have no issue leaving my weapons behind" he set them against the wall where their weight caused them to dig into the floor a bit "I'd recommend you take good care of them...and if they are lifted...lift with your legs"

He snickered softly when the man asked Akeldama to not hide her face "Hidden or not, Dama is always a dangerous woman, attractiveness set aside" he sighed before becoming more focused "Tell us about this quest of yours. Villagers are missing and there are suspicions of a vampire?" he wondered how many people had gone missing before they noticed enough to actually issue a quest. It was his experience that it required quite a few people to missing before anyone actually bothered to investigate the disappearances. Either that or someone important had gone missing.​

Artyx Bernum
Mentions: Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Nodding to her party members upon her arrival, she gave a quick rub on Trine's neck and gestured her staff to him. Many times in the past, adventurers have tried to attack him because of his appearance and the lack of explanation of how he became Artyx's companion. Safe to say, Trine was always ready to enter his ether state for the safety of the adventurers rather than himself. Given that his body exuded corrosive, necrotic mist and acidic liquid, it was always better than he kept a safe distance from any curious hands that attempt to touch him. Still, Trine was far more easy going compared to his master, who dotes and worries about adventurers and their safety within treacherous landscapes, where his very existence and natural repellent lets him safely traverse any biome.

"Trine... Friend... Won't hurt... Yes?" Artyx mumbled out, the last word clearly directed towards the massive, fiendish beast as if asking for him to cooperate with the others. Between Artyx and Trine, he was clearly the one that didn't care much for the opinions of others, as he was the embodiment of the natural savagery and instinct of his master. It's why she's far less forward and active than after their separation. For now though, he gave a small huff of greeting to the adventurers, a wisp of cyan smoke escaping his nostrils.

With a nod of approval, she returned her attention to her party members' questions then towards the vines that encompassed the village. Unnatural for sure, even more that it would most likely be caused by external factors. Without communing and traversing the forest itself, she was just as clueless on the exact cause of this growth. Druids indeed have power over the natural balance of the earth itself, but there were always limitations and everything would return to equilibrium after using magic to exponentially change the land to suit their needs. To find that this wasn't the case meant that something or someone was sustaining the growth and was siphoning more power to continue the spread of plant life. For now, she'll need to free the buildings and clear the village of the chaotic mess of vines and trees properly. The rest would need to question the villagers to find out how long and how fast this has been going on.

"Unnatural... Something inside forest... Forcing plants... Grow too fast," she slowly articulated. Her hand exuded the heavy necrotic mist gently cascading off of Trine's hide, touching the land itself and killing the grass. "Clear vines... Speak villagers... Learn why..."

Silver Rank Blade Dancer
1627753930296.png
Akel didn't move from her place in the shade until the gatekeeper himself invited the two into his office. There were hardly any clouds in the sky and although it wasn't all that warm of a day Akel was already starting to feel sluggish and tired despite her cloak's thickness. The less time she had to spend out of the shade the better, in fact the sooner the two could get indoors the sooner Akel could relax. Besides if it was a vampire they were dealing with there was very little happening at this time of day, waiting for nightfall would prove far more advantageous to their investigation.

Fortunately, Akel didn't have to wait for all that long before Vas'on appeared and it wasn't long after that then that the two were escorted inside by the gatekeeper. Once inside Akel was quick to take a seat, resting comfortably as she enjoyed the coolness of the air and lack of sunlight penetrating the windowpane. Not that one could easily tell, given she was typically hard enough to read without her expressions being hidden by a hood.

Taking the document from the gatekeeper Akel quietly filled in her personal details while mulling over how long the two might need for the quest. Although she was more than aware of the fact orcs were viewed harshly by humans she had no idea as to if the inn would even accept their lodging and that alone made their time harder to calculate but none the less Akel came to a rough estimate and inked down an estimated stay of around 5 days. That was before she showed Vas'on her sheet to copy from in silence.

It wasn't until the gatekeeper brought up her cloak that Akel spoke again "You flatter me but alas I must wear this cloak when out and about with a brute such as this. Surely you understand do you not?"

1627672140475.png

The Gatekeeper Charles
Charles was surprised when the half-orc before him agreed to part with his weaponry so easily, it was extremely uncharacteristic of an orc, half baked or not, to forfeit their weapons even when confronted with execution. Yet here was an orc doing so at a flippant request aimed to gain leverage, what was going on here... It was then the man's attention was snapped up by Akel and her remark "Ah... I see. I suppose I can't fault you there. True enough it would be very unpleasing to see a woman such as yourself walking side by side with a brute such as this. The association would shame you and you'd be unable to show your face in public if you were to travel here again. Very well, I suppose it's acceptable to perceive this as a necessary action. Just don't go making trouble, one mention of a woman in a cloak and I'll be coming right for you. Ya hear?"

Leaning back in his chair Charles let out another plume of smoke as Vas'on moved to comment on Akel "Yeh sure, I bet she's a real trouble maker back in the city eh. Broken a few homes has she" The man snickered. Puffing on his cigar the man paused for a second and continued "The quest is simple big man, find the missing people dead or alive. Report the location and your findings to me and if you find a vampire along the way... kill it. If you find bandits kill them too. Heck so long as you find the culprit kill them, ya know unless they're noble and not a vampire. Simple right."

Moving to a stand Charles slowly strode over to inspect the mighty swords Vas'on had placed in his care "I don't expect a miracle here, just answers. Get me those alone if you feel you're not up for the task of slaying whatever's behind this. And between you and me, eleven. Eleven women all below the age of thirty have gone missing. No men. Always in the night and always with no trace bar a small sample of blood. As for why we think it's a vampire. Honestly, it's just a hunch." Exhaling a large plume of smoke onto the polished blade Charles continued "Women in their 'prime' are the targets, only taken at night, no church or holy site in the village, no traces left behind. The blood. It just adds up if you ask me. Although I'd like to think both me and my men are more than capable of telling one of those sick bastards apart from our own. Ya know a vampire from a human, sick creatures those things are and all."

{Interactions: Akeldama ( Uasal Uasal )}
*Crunch* the sound was barely audible though with Akeldama's enhanced hearing as well as her close proximity to Vas'On, she could hear the sound of his nails digging into the side of the desk as he considered the ramifications of flinging the object, and the man, through the wall. It wouldn't have been the first time. Vas'On was well known for his social graces but he was also known for just how vicious he could be when angered. He was used to people distancing and even scorning him, but the disrespect towards Akeldama, as well as the disrespect to his weapons, was beginning to test his patience.

"In simplicity. Find the culprits, kill them, retrieve the kidnapped women if they are alive" he didn't know enough about Vampires to make a more objective observation. A little bit of blood and some missing women could be nearly anything, even the men of this village getting a bit too free with themselves. It seemed like lazy investigation to him. But, he supposed the guild would be out of a job if people didn't try to pass off their problems to other people.

Of course, if it just turned out to be nonsense, Vas'On was coming back and throwing this man through a wall. Still, none of these negative thoughts were shown on his face which he worked quite hard to keep passive. He cultivated a balance between his two bloodlines and social situations required peaceful interactions, his orcish blood would get its fun in battle later on.

"Tell us about this Count Sangana that was mentioned" he said "The quest stated that he has suddenly become reclusive. Was he an active member of the community until recently?" in his experience, Nobles were always reclusive when dealing with the common folk. For them to claim that he'd suddenly become reclusive would imply that he'd often been seen out and about.​

1627438062441.png

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support
Lantana Outskirts > Trading Centre

Eiru chuckled quietly to herself when Leon turned down her offer to gamble, it was a wise decision on his behalf considering Eiru not only had magic on her side but was also blessed by luck as a fae. Not to mention counting cards was an easy task in and of itself. Alas, it would seem the bard had escaped Eiru's money trap but that didn't mean she'd be against playing for fun later "Sure, Ymir you should join us too."

When Leon Began explaining his magic Eiru quietly and subtly looked the man up and down as she contemplated how such magic could be modified or changed for the better. Poetry magic was more or less amplification magic or perhaps even a type of manipulation or even both. Magic that focused on a person's emotions magnifying them through the medium of music. It wasn't common magic itself but the nature of the magic was very sought after in certain circles. However, inducing emotion and forcing on emotion or state of mind were two very different things. Did Leon really understand the full extent of his not so flashy magic? Had he ever sat down and contemplated just how far his magic might evolve? This was interesting... perhaps... "Le.." And she was cut off.

When Leon moved to question the sincerity of Eiru's clearly sarcastic admiration for his name choice it almost set her off again, Ymir not helping with her serious and direct reaction to his new last name in particular. Fortunately for her aching stomach, Eiru managed to keep her composure and push on. With a hop in her step, the little witch skipped along behind her two guildmates looking out to the large docks in silent contemplation, beaming from ear to ear as she enjoyed the sea breeze on her exposed arms under the warm summer sun. It didn't take Ymir long to catch the witch's attention back though. Not with the mention of the 'Hower' Company and their docked ship.

Looking to the large cargo ship Eiru Spoke softly, not to be heard by any passerby just in case they happened to be listening in "The Hower Company or family is a dominant mercenary clan that deals mainly in weaponry and warfare essentials. They just so happen to be the main supplier of armed goods to the Guard family here in Lantana. Well, actually I suppose It's wrong of me to call them a mercenary clan I believe they go by the title of merchant now. Regardless of a family not of Lantana Nobility, they have quite a lot of political power and more than enough weaponry and gold to strong-arm deals in their favor... Ymir. You're playing a very dangerous game here."

Turning to glance at Leo who was clearly affected by this revelation Eiru decided it best to let things be, she let out a sigh and quietly followed behind thinking deeply on how exactly they were going to handle a worst-case scenario, inspecting her new map carefully.

Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars

Silver Rank Blade Dancer
1627876876999.png
Akel remained stoic as the gatekeeper began belittling her character, what the man thought of her meant very little if anything at all to the woman. Akel had been disowned by her own family and suffered far greater by way of word. By contrast, this conversation was nothing of concern. Vas'on, however, was clearly displeased by the man's manner, luckily humans were far less sensitive to sound and had a less defined sense of sight so the gatekeeper hadn't seemed to notice his desk being indented. With it clear to her at least that Vas'on was nearing the end of his professional rope Akel thought it best to speed things along. Although she wasn't looking forward to being out in the sun, she didn't like the idea of spending the week in a jail cell all that much either. Nor did she want Vas'on to suffer any further.

When the gatekeeper moved to insist he'd know a vampire when he saw one Akel almost grinned at the stupidity of the situation at hand but she controlled herself and listened to his deranged babbling, not too impressed with his handling of Vas'on's swords. Had it of been her blade instead even Akel would have lost her cool.

Vas'on moved to talk first and seemingly had the same idea regarding how to handle the questioning. He was asking all the right questions and in a simple manner that warranted short and precise responses from the bigotted guard. Limiting his responses was the best course of action for both their mental states. "Is there a pattern to the disappearances, they all happen at night but could they also align with a certain moon phase or day of the week perhaps?"

1627672140475.png

The Gatekeeper Charles

Charles continued to inspect the hulking swords as he puffed upon his cigar, paying little attention to those behind him outside of responding between puffs. Chuckling to himself as he exhaled another large plume of smoke onto the polished blade Charles responded to Vas'on without turning to face him "I never said anything about bringing the women back. If they aren't dead then they're turned right. Kill them too. Even if they don't seem like they're turned kill them, last thing we want is a vampire infestation breaking out. Vermin". Puffing again the man stretched his shoulders "If it was bandits or what have you, sure bring em back I guess". Extinguishing his cigar against the blade, rubbing it in hard against the metal Charles soon returned to his desk.

Leaning back in his chair as he looked over the documentation his eyes returned to view. After what he said his eyes were dead. There was no hint of regret nor did he seem to care at all for the women's wellbeing. No, ironically, the man sat before the two was most certainly the least humane of them all. "T'e Lord of this land isn't like those city lords. Out here everyone works hard to survive, the lord included. His family have farmed the land since before this place had a name at all. 'fact this place was built around their old farmland to begin with. The current lord is a well-loved and respected man by his people and he goes out of his way to help everyone he can. Wouldnt surprise me if he knew everyone by name. Man has a gift for socializing, if you went down to the tavern before all this shit went down you'd likely find him there drinking after a days work like any other man or woman in this village. So when I say he's suddenly become a recluse I really mean it. He hasn't been seen in almost a year. Since these events started happening."

Kicking his feet up on the desk Charles continued "Only people that see him nowadays are the guards stationed on the wall around his estate, and even then that's only in the evening and at night. He stares at them like a wild animal does its prey. Freaks my men out so it does."

Thinking for a moment before responding to Akel "Well it happens around once a month I suppose. Yeh, once a month a woman goes missing from her home though I've no idea what kind of a moon might have been up at the time. Does it even matter? It's a vampire, not a werewolf were after are you an idiot or something girl?"

Ymir
It seemed a weight fell upon them at the sight of the Hower crest; the stakes of their task settled with all the finality of a stone dropped into water. Leo mumbled under his breath, and Eiru spoke without a single joke. That, more than anything, gave Ymir pause for apprehension.

"Ruthless efficiency in any and all movements, don't waste even the slightest bit of energy, don't miss a single chance to strike," Leo said, almost recited as she brought up the sword style. He gripped the hilt of his rapier, whether for comfort or in light of some particularly painful memories, Ymir couldn't tell. It sounded like he'd fought them before.

"The Hower Company or family is a dominant mercenary clan that deals mainly in weaponry and warfare essentials." Eiru threw out her own take of the situation, and Ymir paused at their choice of description. "They just so happen to be the main supplier of armed goods to the Guard family here in Lantana. Well, actually I suppose It's wrong of me to call them a mercenary clan I believe they go by the title of merchant now."

"Huh. I wasn't aware of their origins," Ymir said. Oh the things the academy didn't teach. It made sense if they weren't a noble-bound group, but it didn't bode well for their team if the clan found out who the rats were.

"Regardless of a family not of Lantana Nobility, they have quite a lot of political power and more than enough weaponry and gold to strong-arm deals in their favor..." Eiru seemed almost stern. "Ymir. You're playing a very dangerous game here."

"...Yama please," she said, after a heartbeat for the words to settle. Though they laughed at the absurdity of the names, for her and Leo it might just save their hide. "Not all of us have your political immunity, Eiru." Hair could be dyed, clothes could be changed, but names got around. They were on documents and records, tied back to families. If the Hower's came from a mercenary group they'd have arms outside the law--the only other family with those kinds of methods were Cloak. "I'm aware of the risks, but for now all we're doing finding out what it is they're bringing in."

"I would like to know as well," Leo said, already on the move. He called over his shoulder in that same, proper voice he'd used back in the caves when she'd seen him fight. His hand hadn't left the hilt of his weapon. "Let's go."

Uh-huh. She shared a nonplussed look with Eiru. It was possible he was getting in character for his role, but that didn't change the fact the Hower were involved. They'd done something, and whatever it was left him with shards of ice in his eyes. She knew he'd only ever spoken haltingly--heavily--of his family. Had something happened to them?

"I," It took several long stares before he cracked. "Later. I'll answer all your questions and tell you everything before I leave." There was weight behind the words, and it was the second time he'd spoken them. As if realising he covered himself with a grin. "Or are you so intrigued by my mysterious past that you can't wait?"

"So you admit the Hower have something to do with this," she said, pleased to know at least that much, and somewhat amused he thought he'd be leaving her behind. There wasn't a place on the map that she didn't know about, unless he felt like risking it on foot without his waystone. As he had said though, that was a matter best left for later.

They'd all begun to speak much quieter as they entered the bustling docks, wary of the strangers around them. Goods and cargo were being moved in almost every direction, requiring a degree of awareness to stay out of the way. With the Hower in port the place was a madhouse, providing plenty of cover despite the heightened patrols. Someone important from the guard would be there to oversee it--Ymir knew several of who it might be, though she hadn't spotted any faces.

"Be careful when you're working," she said to Eiru, though they no doubt already knew. The trading centre would have been safer, the guards less prolific and less on edge, but there had to be some way to work the Hower's arrival to their favour. There were already plenty of spectators as they reached the portside. Stragglers who milled around to catch glimpses of the massive ship and the face of whoever owned it--which could be any one of the many merchants around. Speaking a little louder, she caught Leo's attention. "Where to from here, Sinbad?"

{Interactions: Akeldama ( Uasal Uasal )}

With one swift movement, Vas'On grabbed one of his swords and plunged it through the man's chest, pinning him and his chair into the wall so deeply it would take several men to even begin to pull him free. The man wouldn't die immediately either, he would slowly suffer. It was an easy motion to rip the blade back out and grab his other one and begin the long tear through the other guards and out of the town...

Vas'On blinked away the fantasy as he listened to the man. He'd lost all respect that he may have had for the human "I believe that is all we need to know. We can head out and take a look at the attack sites, possibly even get a look at the estate." he said looking to Akeldama for verification. He surely hoped that not everyone in the town was like this man, that was a disappointing notion, one that Vas'On didn't want to entertain. This one clearly had issues considering he was being so disrespectful towards the two people who'd come to help him. If it wasn't for the fact that there were undoubtable innocent people being pulled into this issue, Vas'On would have just called this mission a washout and taken the penalties for dropping it.

An idiot to be sure. Many creatures were nocturnal and more than just werewolves gained strength during the full moon. Setting that aside, Vas'On was already making plans on what he wanted to do next. He wanted to check out the local tavern and get a quick check of people's opinions on the events leading up to the first disappearance as well as find out if the lord had made any extended trips in the time before he started showing strange behavior.

Vas'On was already a little disappointed with the way this quest was heading. He'd hoped to have a good old time battling it out alongside his friend, but it was looking like he was going to have to deal with the social structure of the various prejudices and issues that seemed to plague humankind.

At least Akeldama was good company.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back