• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Questing Thread))

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Casual Background).png
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
"You weren't lying when you said this was a good match-up for your skillset!" Leonidas swapped Ocean's Lullaby back to his right hand, withdrawing the mana from inside the weapon and watching the sparks fade away. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with his sleeve and hung the blade back at his side before walking over to Nanalee. "Yes, though I'm afraid it'll hardly work as well next time now that you know about it." He said with a smile, extending his hand to help her up. "Let's call it a draw for now, shall we? It's getting quite crowded and it's been quite the day for me already."

"It was fun though, I hope you'll spar with me again some other time."
He tapped the hilt of the blade at his side. "I could definitely use the practice to get more used to this new sword." He still felt rather clumsy when using it. "Its weight is something I can't quite get used to yet."

He crouched down in front of the two icy foxes, observing them from up close. "Now that they aren't trying to kill me they are actually quite cute." He said with a small grin before tentatively extending his hand towards one of the two foxes. "No hard feelings about me smacking you guys around?" He asked the creature with a chuckle.

"And... for the winner, Ghost RUM!" Leonidas looked over his shoulder at the woman holding out a pint of the substance in his direction. He politely shook his head and nodded towards Nanalee. "She's the one you should talk to. She would have won if she knew about my affinity beforehand. Besides," He added with a smile. "I don't usually drink the stronger stuff during the day."

"So," He started, leaning against the wall next to the stairs. "I don't think I ever asked but why did you want to go out to sea anyway?" He asked Nanalee. "Maybe I've gotten too used to Ymir's extreme aversion for the ocean but even then, it's not exactly common for people to want to explore the oceans for fun. Especially with the pirate lords around." He grinned. "Though, with my family, I don't think I should be one to talk."

"Anyway,"
He continued. "I'm just interested in why everyone else is on this ship. I'd gotten a little too used to sailing alone." He said with a laugh.

Vas'on's plan seemed to work, in fact, it went off without a hitch. His blood had managed to make the shaken brawler maid lunge for him and as she did he was easily able to out manovour her primal and simplistic movements. Using her as a shield was also a fantastic idea considering the maid was soon pin cushioned by a hail of arrows during Vas'on's rapid approach to the archer. The Brawler maid was defeated right then and there, her body bursting alight as she was pierced all over by her companion, as her body burned away in Vas'on's arms however no heat would he feel nor would he become singed in the slightest. A strange phenomenon.

Upon reaching the archer Vas'on had a clear shot at her and he took it valiantly, with his arrow pronged fist her managed to land a devastating blow to the woman face, rendering her dead immediately but unfortunately Vas'on had stuck too fast for his own good and the arrow the woman had within her hand was promptly driven into his side by his own force, completely unintentionally. As the final maid burned away Vas'on was left with a dilemma, he had an arrowhead stuck within him and was bleeding ever so slightly. Would he continue into the manor as planned despite his bleeding wound?
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Freed
Mentions: Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Freed grinned from ear to ear at the prospect of working with cannons and his head ran on overdrive to try and remember what he had brought with him on the ship to work with, but of course he'd need to see what he was working worth first before he knew what kind of things he could create out of it but he was practically impatient as he was shown to where the cannons were and when Freed saw them he pretty much immediately got to work, almost deaf to the conversation around him as he ran his partially soot covered hands across the weapon as he seemed to inspect it. There didn't seem to be any dents on the inside as the goblin almost climbed into the barrel to check it.

"That one looks good" the goblin practically said to himself as he looked around for where the actual cannonballs were. He'd brought a few different oils and such that may be able to either coated over or put directly into a cannonball that could perhaps give the projectiles a bit more... variety. The goblin might've looked like a kid in a candy store as he looked out across the other cannons and cannonballs. He was so engrossed in his work he almost didn't notice another person enter and perhaps the little bird fella doin his job nearby. They asked his name and put forth the little lizard dude from earlier.

"Oh ya didn't here. Guess ya had an excuse. The name is Freed, I'm here because... well, no particular reason just a bit of occasional adventurous spirit ya know" Freed spoke about his reason for being there that he hadn't quite figured out. It was a sort of normal occurrence for folk he worked with on boats to not know much about goblins, most of Freed's old clan had been a bunch of isolationist backwater thieving rednecks so that may explain the opinion of goblinoids in general. "The little dude? Apparently he's a salamander that's wearing tiny pants. I am not sure if he talks. Hey little guy, if you can talk answer the question, are you a newt, or a salamander?"

Vas'on's plan seemed to work, in fact, it went off without a hitch. His blood had managed to make the shaken brawler maid lunge for him and as she did he was easily able to out manovour her primal and simplistic movements. Using her as a shield was also a fantastic idea considering the maid was soon pin cushioned by a hail of arrows during Vas'on's rapid approach to the archer. The Brawler maid was defeated right then and there, her body bursting alight as she was pierced all over by her companion, as her body burned away in Vas'on's arms however no heat would he feel nor would he become singed in the slightest. A strange phenomenon.

Upon reaching the archer Vas'on had a clear shot at her and he took it valiantly, with his arrow pronged fist her managed to land a devastating blow to the woman face, rendering her dead immediately but unfortunately Vas'on had stuck too fast for his own good and the arrow the woman had within her hand was promptly driven into his side by his own force, completely unintentionally. As the final maid burned away Vas'on was left with a dilemma, he had an arrowhead stuck within him and was bleeding ever so slightly. Would he continue into the manor as planned despite his bleeding wound?

half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Sangana Village]
{Interactions: Akeldama Uasal Uasal )

Vas'On frowned when the second woman burst into flames. No heat was annoying. He could have used the flames to seal his wounds. He had the second potion but taking too many potions in one go could cause one to become sick, even with his natural fortitude. He looked thoughtful before looking at his side where the arrow was buried. Removing the head would be too dangerous but he also needed to stop the bleeding. He grabbed it at the wound and snapped it instead of removing it, keeping the silver arrowhead lodged in there "Pure silver" he mumbled before bringing his thumb and forefinger together. Pure silver was a conductor to his electricity, it was one of the reasons he'd worked it into his sword, to better hit his enemies. His meager mana buzzed and became focused as it was converted into his Lightning before he directed it to the silver embedded in his body. Silver conducted electricity well and in focused qualities, it also got hot very quickly. Silver itself wouldn't melt easily. He grit his teeth as his flesh was seared from the inside, but it did stop the bleeding.

"At least the smell of burning flesh covers the blood...hopefully" he said as he headed into the manor flexing his fingers as he made sure his improvised knuckle dusters stayed in place. He cocked his head "Note to self, ask Dama about why their clothes also burst into flames"​

Nanalee Imphon | Of Spiritual Snow
A curious explorer with a love for battle, adventure and power.

After sitting for a while, Nanalee felt her internal balance returning and the last remnants of the spell Leo cast fade away. It was a strange magic for sure, the likes of which the shaman of her home village once warned her against, since magic that worked on the mind could be very dangerous. But, she felt okay, and didn't think there'd be any long-term effects. She didn't want to think that her new comrade would do something like that to her too. "I'm afraid it'll hardly work as well next time now that you know about it." She gave him a matching smile as he approached, quickly using his outstretched hand to stand up and test her regained balance. "That's true. I'm sure my spirits will spread the word too. It's an excellent trump card though." She complimented lightly, pondering the possibilities of his power. She wondered how his magic would effect crowds of people, and if he could string effects together, but she'll likely discover such things with time, so she put such thoughts away at the back of her mind.

"Let's call it a draw for now, shall we? It's getting quite crowded and it's been quite the day for me already." "Sure thing! I feel a bit drained too, might just relax somewhere for a bit before my shift." She replied idly, crouching down and patting her ice-sculpted foxes affectionately on the head, their eyes still as vibrantly coloured as before the spar. Though she didn't really show it outwardly, she was quite tired and frazzled. It wasn't everyday a harpy fell from the heights of the sky afterall. "It was fun though, I hope you'll spar with me again some other time. I could definitely use the practice to get more used to this new sword. Its weight is something I can't quite get used to yet." "I would love to! I'm almost always down for a spar." She bobbed her head in agreement, before watching him crouch down in front of the foxes beside her. "...Though next time, I won't lose." She grinned slyly, her eyes already twinkling with strategies and thoughts for their next spar.

When their attention shifted to the nimble vulpines, Nanalee keenly watched Ael's claws extend at Leo's sudden close presence, before being quickly retracted. She couldn't help but stifle a chuckle at the sight.
"Now that they aren't trying to kill me they are actually quite cute." "Indeed they are. When I first met them in the spiritual realm, I felt the exact same thing." She smiled at the memory, thinking back to their true forms and how frightened she was back then. "No hard feelings about me smacking you guys around?" Although it took a moment of hesitation, as well as a probing look in her direction, Ael eventually met Leo's outstretched hand with her paws. A sign of acceptance and acknowledgement, if you will. Bal also watched the scene calmly, idly swishing her frozen tail beside Nanalee.

"And... for the winner, Ghost RUM!" "She's the one you should talk to. She would have won if she knew about my affinity beforehand. Besides, I don't usually drink the stronger stuff during the day." At the sudden gift of alcohol, Nanalee was somewhat flabbergasted. She wasn't one to drink, she only ever had tiny sips in the past. But... declining gifts was rude. "Ah... thanks? I didn't genuinely win either way though. A winner is a winner. But, I'll accept it on your behalf." She decided on taking the mug in the end, bobbing her thanks to the woman with a smile. Looking at the liquid sloshing in the cup skeptically, she finally found the resolution to down it in one go so that she didn't have to think about it anymore. Her throat burned painfully, though she also didn't expect the taste to be quite sweet. There was also a bit of a nutty/woody taste, but she wasn't entirely sure, she was just glad she had finished it successfully. "Thank you." After putting the mug to the side, she turned her attention back to her prior sparring partner. The effects of the alcohol would likely show up later, so she would just take a nap if she felt unwell then.

"So, I don't think I ever asked but why did you want to go out to sea anyway? Maybe I've gotten too used to Ymir's extreme aversion for the ocean but even then, it's not exactly common for people to want to explore the oceans for fun. Especially with the pirate lords around. Though, with my family, I don't think I should be one to talk. Anyway, I'm just interested in why everyone else is on this ship. I'd gotten a little too used to sailing alone."

"I came here for the same reason I left my home village and joined the adventurer's guild. To venture and explore beyond Aestir, the Frigid North. It's quite the simple reason, but I hope you won't look down on me for it." She began softly in response, shuffling over towards the railing and gazing at the vast blue ocean before them. "Ymir is the name of the white-haired human right? Your girlfriend? She's nice, I think, she helped me get to the expedition earlier today. Nice human." She bobbed her head as she recalled the memory, though she brushed past the memory of the fight that same human had with the knowledgable witch from earlier. She wasn't entirely sure what was going on then afterall. "Pirate lords... I believe I may have heard the term in passing, but I don't really know who or what they are. You could say that my ignorance helped me sign up for the expedition, though, I think even if I knew all about them, I would still choose to join. Adventure and risks have always been fun to me, as reckless and terrible as that sounds." Nanalee laughed with a smile. She wasn't one to hide her likes and dislikes, so people could judge her all they liked. She lived fulfilling her ambitions and pursuing her own happiness, what others may have thought, had never mattered to her. "I take it you are quite experienced with the sea then, Leo? I won't ask about your family, but perhaps you could tell me why you are here on this expedition too?"

Last edited:
Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Smiling background).png
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
"I came here for the same reason I left my home village and joined the adventurer's guild. To venture and explore beyond Aestir, the Frigid North. It's quite the simple reason, but I hope you won't look down on me for it." Leonidas shook his head. "No, that's a perfectly fine reason. I once gave up a lot, I would go as far as to say too much, for a similar reason." He said, leaning on the railing of the ship.

"Ymir is the name of the white-haired human right? Your girlfriend? She's nice, I think, she helped me get to the expedition earlier today. Nice human." He tapped the railing a few times. "Yea that would be Ymir, she-" He started absentmindedly, thoughts still at the previous exchange. "Wait-" He paused before laughing. "Girlfriend? No, no, nothing like that." He said with a smile, waving his hands. "We're just friends, well, really good friends."

"If you would believe it, I have been quite popular with quite a few ladies but Ymir isn't one of them. I'm single as can be, though it would be funny to see how Ymir reacts if you call me her boyfriend so by all means go right ahead." He said with a chuckle.

"Pirate lords... I believe I may have heard the term in passing, but I don't really know who or what they are. You could say that my ignorance helped me sign up for the expedition, though, I think even if I knew all about them, I would still choose to join. Adventure and risks have always been fun to me, as reckless and terrible as that sounds." Leonidas smiled and nodded. "Well, it's not like I don't understand. I've known about the pirate lords since I was little and I still go out to the ocean."

"That said though,"
He continued, smile fading. "If you're ever unfortunate enough to run into one of them, run." He stated, voice completely serious for once. "If any of them wanted one of us dead they could achieve it without breaking a sweat. There is no one in the guild who comes close to matching one of the lords on their own," He paused for a moment. "Actually, I don't really know how strong our guild leader actually is."

"I take it you are quite experienced with the sea then, Leo? I won't ask about your family, but perhaps you could tell me why you are here on this expedition too?" He nodded. "I don't mind, though it might be a bit hard to not talk about my family in the process." He said with a faint smile while pulling the wanted posters of the ones impersonating him back out of his bag of holding. "I'm here to hunt these guys down." He held the posters out for Nanalee to study.

"I guess it doesn't take a world-class detective to figure out why and who I am at this point." He said before making an exaggerated bow. "A pleasure to meet you again my lady, Leonard Hower at your service." He burst out laughing. "Sorry, sorry. I couldn't help it, it felt incredibly stupid though." He wiped a tear out of the corner of his eye. "Just thinking back on the fact that I used to actually present myself like that when I met someone new makes me want to hurl more than any storm out there ever did, or ghost rum for that matter. Sorry about passing that stuff over to you." He said with a grin.

Ymir
Mentions: RatKing RatKing Yahhah Yahhah Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Uasal Uasal
The trios curious discussion over what type of creature the small wizard was ended with a lurch of the ship. Despite Ymir's curiosity she soon forgot completely about it, dropping them as the ship collided with something solid and nearly knocked her off her feet. The vessel dipped dangerously to one side, shifting much of the loose stock, and Ymir might've joined the cluttered mess in the corner she hadn't grabbed on to the nearest safety beam. The immediate question of what they'd collided with was soon answered. A furious roar shook the walls of the hold, deafening over the sudden commotion on deck.

Ymir stumbled onto the top level not long after, the remaining colour draining from her expression at the sight that greeted her. The... thing, that rose out of the water was something out of a nightmare--specifically one of hers. Gleaming with teeth and much of its body hidden beneath the turmultuous water, the dragonlike creature was an incarnation of the horror-inducing stories her grandmother told. The exact reason why Ymir was so against going near bodies of water where they could hide. I knew this was a mistake.

"Leo!"
she screeched, shrill with alarm. It was hardly the largest creature she'd ever seen, or fought--actually, it seemed rather small by any standards--but the very fact half of it was underwater meant it could be hiding all number of horrors. There could be dozens--hundreds--writhing about down there. Ymir shook her head of the horrifying thought as she stumbled over her companions, nearly going over the railing when the boat pitched in the other direction.

"MAN THE CANNONS! KRAAAA! MAN THE CANNONS!" Scrapper's directions continued from above as he dived amongst the sails, continuing to direct the winds as he'd been doing since they'd left the harbour. No matter which direction the sails turned the winds filled them, though the furious creature still trailed them through the waves.

"What the hell is that thing?!" Apart from terrifying and monstrous, it was bound to have a name, though Ymir could barely hear herself over the commotion. A bottle of rum and several glasses tumbled past and disappeared into the waves, most likely ruining someone's plan for the afternoon. The main crew were focused on making adjustments to the sails and steering, but several piled into the hold with Ruvo and Freed to begin arming the cannons. A number of spots were left unattended regardless, since the heavy artillery required at least two to operate. The best defence the Salvager had seemed to lie in speed over firepower. Of course, it didn't stop the crew from trying to slow their pursuer down.

9a648ff1cb48d19171d869ed6a0e1178.jpg

Description:
Solitary by nature. Sea serpents are one of the many dangers of the deep, a breed of magic creature thought to have originated from rifts formed deep in the ocean trenches. Their territorial nature and aggression towards vessels has been well-documented by sailors throughout the ages, and though there is always the rare exception, by and large they are seen as hazards on the high seas. Interactions with these creatures are almost always hostile, both due to their aggressive nature and the likelihood of having conflicts with ships in the past.
Attribute Points:
Strength: 500
Intelligence: 400
Agility: 200
Dexterity: 0
Constitution: 300
Fortitude: 100
Affinity: Lightning

Freed
Mentions/Nearby: Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing

Freed was about to go on about how this was not in fact the first time he'd attempted to talk to a lizard that was wearing pants when the ship lurched to one side and the goblin scrabbled across the wooden floor to keep his footing. "ATTACK!? CANNONS!?" Freed got an almost mad looking grin on his face as he heard the captain's orders. He could scarcely keep from madly cackling before he practically sprinted towards where he'd found the cannon balls. He took a moment to reach forward and grabbed onto a cannonball which was half as big as him. He poked around within his bag and pulled out a very small knife from his pack and began to poked small holes within it so small that they were barely noticeable.

He made them in such a way that they were sort of like how one would grab a bowling ball. He stuck three fingers within there and the goblins eyes glowed red-orange as magic flowed from him and into the cannonball. This process only took a few seconds as he grabbed onto it and hefted it over to a cannon where he loaded it up and moved it over to aim out of a gunport at the giant creature.

Freed had certainly seen similar creatures to this one in his past time on the sea. He pushed his entire body against the cannon to make sure that it was on target. Afterwards he hopped onto the back of the cannon and activated the spark of the cannon. There was an ever so quiet sizzling noise that found its way into the goblin's ears. Then there was of course the massive boom that came right as his work was shot forward.

The cannonball spun through the air for a few moments before Freed snapped his fingers and the cannonball suddenly became surrounded in a sizzling cracking arcane energy about halfway on its flight to its target.. Brimming with destruction for the sea creature. "Oh it's glorious" Freed said to himself as he watched the projectile slam into the midsection of the massive beast, some of the energy spreading from the balls impact and spreading across the beast's hide with green crackling energy. Freed watched in satisfaction before he went out to load up another cannonball.

As Vas'on would make his way inside he would find the hallway littered with piles of ash and torn-slavelike clothing as well as scattered chain cuffs among the ashen remains. The manor smelled dreadful as if corpses had been rotting within for months on end with the metallic smell of blood firmly embedded in practically every nook and cranny of the place. The manor was dark, every window was firmly covered in heavy curtains and hardly any light sources at all were being used nor did they seem to have been for quite some time. Moving further and further into the manor Vas'on would soon come across the kitchens.

Opening the door he would be met with a diabolical scene, lamb and sheep carcases lay stung from the ceiling with vats of blood laying below. The place was coated in slick blood from the floor to the ceiling and the smell was something otherworldly. If he dared to press on he would notice more ash mixed into the slick coating of blood upon the tiled floor before he'd come to the dining room which thankfully seemed to be normal save for yet more ashen piles. Pushing forward Vas'on would finally come to the lounge where he could finally find his partner who was stood staring aimlessly at the skylight toward the moon. Her blade was drawn at her side and a large pile of ash was afront her with little but an ornate cape remaining within it. The woman looked tranced and completely transfixed upon the large full moon, eyes a glow. Was it not for the situation the two were in she'd almost look beautiful?

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Showing off Background).png
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
"Leo!" Oh you have got to be kidding me. He looked over his shoulder back at Nanalee. "Whatever you do, stay out of the range of that thing! You're done for if that thing hits you!" He barked, raising his voice above the commotion before he turned around and ran over to Ymir.

"What the hell is that thing?!" "That," He started, jumping over an unconscious member of the crew. "Is a rather tasteless welcome gift from the gods." He skidded to a halt at Ymir's side, using the build up momentum of his sprint to spin around halfway and punch away a loose barrel heading straight for Ymir with a wind-magic infused punch. "Don't let me become your knight in shining armor now. That would be terribly cliche." He said with a faint grin.

He turned towards the stairs leading to the crew's quarters, putting his hand next to his mouth. "Hey, babysitter! Are you going to wake up or what? I know you're small but I thought you would have outgrown naps by now! Help us weave some magic together, will ya?" He belted with a voice trained to cut through the noisiest of storms.

He turned back to Ymir immediately after, crossing his arms. "You're afraid of the unknown, aren't you? Well, that thing-" He pointed at the sea serpent. "Isn't unknown. It's a sea serpent and a rather young one at that." He extended his hand towards his friend. "You're telling me you're backing down because of a single measly snake after what we pulled in those blasted icy caverns?!" He shouted, and, as if on cue, a deafening explosion paired with an enraged roar as the cannonball dug into the creature's side cut through the air.

"Get up! If you have trouble keeping your footing use your wind magic to float!" He barked, having slipped fully into the harsh commanding persona his father drilled into him he would use in the past, though with one big difference. "Like I would leave you here alone, idiot." He added with a grin, pulling Ymir to her feet. "Hold on to me if you need to, don't grip too tightly though, I might get the wrong idea." He winked.

As much as Leonidas had come to despise his father as a father he couldn't help but admit that his teachings were useful at times. Sure, most of what he had said had been false bravado but sometimes simple encouraging words, no matter if they held true, were exactly what a person needed. It helped that he had been able to mix a bit of his magic in the words as well.

Now then. With one thing at least sort of taken care of only the second thing remained. How are we supposed to beat that thing? He had acted all confident but truthfully his entire plan was currently hinging on Eiru actually waking up, and not immediately murdering him, after his rather rude version of a wake-up call.

As Vas'on would make his way inside he would find the hallway littered with piles of ash and torn-slavelike clothing as well as scattered chain cuffs among the ashen remains. The manor smelled dreadful as if corpses had been rotting within for months on end with the metallic smell of blood firmly embedded in practically every nook and cranny of the place. The manor was dark, every window was firmly covered in heavy curtains and hardly any light sources at all were being used nor did they seem to have been for quite some time. Moving further and further into the manor Vas'on would soon come across the kitchens.

Opening the door he would be met with a diabolical scene, lamb and sheep carcases lay stung from the ceiling with vats of blood laying below. The place was coated in slick blood from the floor to the ceiling and the smell was something otherworldly. If he dared to press on he would notice more ash mixed into the slick coating of blood upon the tiled floor before he'd come to the dining room which thankfully seemed to be normal save for yet more ashen piles. Pushing forward Vas'on would finally come to the lounge where he could finally find his partner who was stood staring aimlessly at the skylight toward the moon. Her blade was drawn at her side and a large pile of ash was afront her with little but an ornate cape remaining within it. The woman looked tranced and completely transfixed upon the large full moon, eyes a glow. Was it not for the situation the two were in she'd almost look beautiful?

"What a waste of meat" Vas'On said softly "They could have drained them of blood and sent the meat back to the butchers, win-win for everyone" he grumbled to himself. He personally didn't have issues with blood drinking, or even the concept of vampires. There were many species and it was always nice to have strong opponents to test himself against. He drew the line at abductions and forced conversions. Reminded him too much of the churches back home. If someone wanted to willingly become a vampire, more power to them, but attacking and killing semi-innocent folk was pushing it.

He was aware that becoming a vampire came with a lot of drawbacks in addition to the perks, but there was no end to those who sought immortality and power, or the sick and the lame that would do wonders with those kinds of abilities. Like anything, he assumed, it was just a matter of perspective. Also, that virgin stuff sounded like crap to him but that was magic for you, doing stupid things with what should have been a straight concept.

He stopped and stared at Akeldama for a moment. How she managed to stay pristine while he was covered in sweat and what he assumed was vampire ash, bit of dirt from being thrown into a building too, was beyond him. However, he didn't step further into the room, staying well out of her speed range where he'd have the advantage "So, is this the part of our adventure where I think everything is alright and then you attack me in a blood lust kind of way? Or perhaps the count had some kind of possession magic and now I have to battle you while appealing to your sense of friendship?" he cocked his head "I'm not a big fan of clichés Dama" he flexed his fingers slightly "All in all, if we are done here, I'd like to get a drink and while I'm always happy to fight you, I'd like to have my swords and this damn arrowhead out of my side first"​

Ruvo Steelfeather
Locaton: Salvager Hold ----> Salvager Deck
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Yahhah Yahhah

A terrible roar shook the walls of the hold as the vessel swayed deeply to one side causing loose crates and other supplies to slide about. Caught off guard from the sudden lurch of the boat Ruvo found himself nearly falling over if he hadn't caught himself on a nearby wall. Taking a peek out of the gun port, the bard was able to catch a glimpse at the source of both the roar and the rocking of the boat. Some kind sea snake monster thing had risen up from the water and seemed poised to attack the Salvager at any moment. Gripped with fear Ruvo was almost frozen in place, he wanted to be part of this expedition to experience this kind of stuff. Exciting tales of adventure, battle, and far away lands to turn into story and song for others to listen to. But seeing it up close and personal was a lot scarier than he had imagined. After all what would happen if that serpent rammed their ship? Surely they would be capsized in no time.

Ruvo's panicked thoughts were interrupted, however, as crew members began to pile into the hold to begin loading the cannons much to the excitement of Freed who seemed to suffuse some of his magic into a cannonball before firing away. Seeing how he would be of little help firing cannons given his complete lack of knowledge on how to load or properly aim and fire the things the bard first quickly set aside the salamander wizard that was dropped to the floor so that they would not be trampled in the rush before turning to the Quartermaster for direction.

"Mr. Hanzel, shoul-" the sound of cannons being fired interrupting his question "should we go back up to the deck and see how we can help there?" he quickly asked before the next salvo was fired.

He wasn't sure exactly how he would help given that he didn't quite have a chance to train to use his air magic offensively like he had planned to after the plant quest, but surely there was something he could do. Even if that was creating an area of silence around the sea monster's head so that the others didn't have to deal with how loud its mighty roar was.

daed3f27244e9671312625b86082eb7a.jpg
Hanzel
Mentions: RatKing RatKing SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
It came as no surprise to Hanzel when the boat slammed into something big and above deck erupted into chaos. They were aware of the serpent who prowled the waters. It was a common problem for ships passing through to the Sacred Isles, thus there were one of two ways to deal with the issue. While the bulkier ships had enough firepower to drive back an attack, the Salvager was built for speed.

Several of the crew piled into the hold as a roar shook the air, clambering for cannonballs and rushing to aim the heavy devices. "Mr. Hanzel, shoul-"

He turned to the feathered bard as the first of the cannons went off, interrupting their question. "Should we go back up to the deck and see how we can help there?"

"Oh it's glorious,"
a reedier voice cackled, and Hanzel blinked at the sight of green fire explodig against the serpent's side. He glanced from it to the delighted goblin, who was already moving to prep another cannonball for attack. The Salvager wasn't meant to have the firepower to take down large vessels - only slow them down at best - but whatever the gobin did had sent the serpent reeling back. Perhaps I should see about getting more of them on board.

"...Yes,"
he said eventually, recalling his position and the other recruit still waiting for orders. He turned for the stairwell just as the towering woman barged in, tall enough she needed to duck under the eaves to avoid hitting her head.

"She said grapeshot!" they called out to Freed.

Who-? Hanzel only had to think for a moment before shaking his head. Shephard, of course. The commander did so love her special amnunitions.

"I do have an idea!" The woman grabbed hold of the sides of the cannon Freed was loading, and Hanzel paused on his way to the stairs. "Can you shoot it in movement... i mean, if i carry it around, can you use it?"

"...On deck, now," he said to Ruvo, ushering them up the stairs. No way he was getting in the way of a giant woman wielding a goblin cannon, regardless if it worked or failed. "We need to tie down whatever isn't secured. Should've been done earlier but we were in a rush." The deck was covered in water and loose stock where a crate had busted open. Shephard was taking pot shots at the sea monster and several others seemed at a loss for what to do. Even if they could refill at the next port it would be best if they limited the amount of debris they left behind. Based on the rumours there was a particular ship that took offence to vessels littering the water, and when it came to the pirate Lords it was best not to take chances. He gave a sharp whistle. "All free hands help secure the cargo!"

ymir_3_by_arumey_desyhu3-pre.jpg
Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Yahhah Yahhah SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
-"is a rather tasteless welcome gift from the gods." Ymir's later self, one she'd gotten over her grouching and acquired a few pints, would lament the missed opportunity of such a line. At that point she was much too focused on the wrathful creature coming after them to care what was happening on board, only jolting out of her horrified reverie as a blast of air sent a nearby barrel flying into the water. She finally turned away from the rail as Leo shot her a grin. "Don't let me become your knight in shining armor now. That would be terribly cliche."

That would be something. It truly was a shame she said nothing about how well 'shining armour' fared in seawater. Nor the practicality of purchasing one when he was broke. She ducked away from the railings as the boat dipped and something else flew past, leaning against one of the walls nearby the cabins instead. A sharp whistle caught her attention from the upper deck.

"Get sharp lass!" Shephard called, but their attention strayed at the sound of things rolling around in the hold, speaking with a not of urgency. "Someone needs to secure the cargo!"

Leo was already calling down the stairs at the slumbering Eiru - how the witch hadn't already awoken from all the chaos was beyond Ymir - she half expected them to come storming out at any moment, demanding to know what was going on and who interrupted their nap. The cannonfire would be sure to wake them if Leo didn't anyway. Despite Shephard's words Ymir decided staying right where she was was a good plan. At the very least it was out of the way of the crew rushing about, and somewhat guarded from the bursts of sea spray as they crashed through the waves. The boat shook with the force of the cannonfire, loud enough to rival the enraged serpent chasing after them.

"You're afraid of the unknown, aren't you?" Her gaze snapped over to Leo as he spoke, having turned away from the cabins. She'd learned pretty early on that Leo had an uncanny ability to make himself heard. Whether it was in a rowdy bar, hectic guild hall, or in the middle of a fight - she assumed part of it was his affinity, but given the chaos around them the final pieces clicked together. "Well, that thing-" he said, uncrossing his arms to point at the titanous creature, "-isn't unknown. It's a sea serpent and a rather young one at that."

The fact he didn't seem the least bit perturbed was both helpful and infuriating. At least one of them was keeping their calm. She heard Scrapper screech above them as the winds changed and the sails creaked in response, sending the boat carreening in another direction. It narrowly missed the serpent as it dived under the water and resurfaced with snapping jaws, trying to take a chunk out of the hull. Another green-fire cannonball exploded against it and Ymir swore she saw someone run past carrying a cannon, delighted cackles echoing in the smoke and chaos.

"You're telling me-" Leo had to shout to be heard above another explosion. He gestered wildly at the serpent as it tried to shake off the latest round of volleys. "-you're backing down because of a single measly snake after what we pulled in those blasted icy caverns?!" Right on cue another another cannonball exploded into a fiery backrop, green flames scorching the air. Goblin fire, it had to be. The small devils had such genius ideas when it came to explosions.

"Get up!" Leo said, holding out a hand. "If you have trouble keeping your footing use your wind magic to float!" Given his tone, for a moment she considered using her wind magic to knock him over instead, but Leo grinned before she could get too irked. "Like I would leave you here alone, idiot."

"...You know," she said, more annoyed than anything as he pulled her up. "I'm still mad at you for dragging me into this whole mess." She leaned against his shoulder as he spoke, though he couldn't help but ruin the moment with a wink.

"Don't grip too tightly though, I might get the wrong idea."

"Is this really the-" She muttered something vaguely spiteful sounding as a whistle cut across the commotion and she heard the quartermaster shouting.

"All free hands help secure the cargo!"

"C'mon you," she said, pulling Leo along after when she saw him sizing up the sea monster. No matter how well he fared on a ship that was one battle he couldn't win, regardless of if Eiru decided to take the time out of her nap to help. He didn't have the wings like Nanalee who swooped past them, summoning her ice to help slow down the creature.

Besides, from Ymir's experience most territorial monsters tended to give up the chase if you gave them enough trouble. While there was no telling if such a rule applied to the ocean, whatever Freed was putting in those cannonballs seemed to be doing a number on the creature's motivation already.

Last edited:
Akel cocked her head to the side slightly at Vas'on's remark and a slight grin appeared as quickly as it vanished, sheathing her sword Akel broke her gaze and moved toward Vas'on with a soft expression "You're funny. But I still haven't forgiven you". Brushing past the man Akel moved for the front door and in a swift motion swung it off it's hinges breaking the lock that had been in place. Moving out into the main courtyard with Vas'on Akel stretched from side to side before wiping the ash from her clothing "You know if you're so interested in vampiric women I know of a brothel you could patron. Granted you may be bled dry but... you know what... If you want to go I'll even pay" Laughing softly to herself Akel moved toward the front gate with her hands behind her back "But first let's get that drink shall we? Your treat".

Mission Complete

1634920321210.png
Through all the rough waters and the sharp manoeuvres, Eru had remained deep in her sleep, unbudging and uncaring all while her broom cleaned the ship from bow to stern. In fact even as cannons were fired from right above and around her she didn't so much as turn in her sleep when the serpent attacked though the witch nearly muttered profanity but halted halfway. Yes for better or worse Eiru was an extremely dense sleeper. In fact, all her kind were but Eiru was a little special for her bloodline specifically used more mana than others and likewise took longer to recover. Sleeping while recovering was the most effective method and thus Eiru and her relations slept far longer and deeper than other fae when it came down to it.

With the ship and its crew in full swing, feet thundered through the hardwood shell of the ship yet even with Leo's taunting shouts the witch remained out cold. That was until the ship went over a rather large wave and Eiru was sent flying from her bunk and into a wall. Rubbing her head as she lay on the floor Eiru groaned and moaned as she nursed a swelling lump on her head. Looking around in a daze the witch was quick to notice the panicked movements and whispers of the crew huddled within the cabin. Moving to a stand Eiru let out a sharp whistled and her broom immediately stopped what it was doing and brought her hat. Throwing her hat on and gripping her broom Eiru moved toward the deck and upon entering the scene she immediately groaned out loud. There was water everywhere, a goblin firing a cannon at a juvenile sea serpent and almost everyone else was running around doing whatever it was they thought best. What the in all the layers of hell was going on. Couldn't she sleep for a few days without the places going to shit?

Twirling her broom Eiru turned to inspect the sea creature, thankfully it was a juvenile and not an adult. Unfortunately, it seemed the crew had already enraged it with cannon fire. The sea serpent by the grace of whatever god was currently watching though had yet to bleed. That meant at the very least they still had time to escape. Looking back to the goblin Eiru pointed her staff at him with a swish "Do NOT fire grapeshot at the sea serpent unless you want to kill us all. Make that thing bleed and we all die." Turning to gaze out across the deck Eiru caught sight of Ymir and Leo and thankfully they both were still kicking. "Ymir get to the wheel and ready a wind spell. Give it your all you've to fill all the sails when I say so, Leo help tie everything down and then get ready to calm the beast with a song". Throwing her broom in the air Eiru pointed to the swaying cargo "The rest of you tie everything down and get below deck if you don't you'll be blown off the deck, that goes for you too skipper.". Catching hold of her broom Eiru hopped atop it and made her way to the crows' nest where she set about tying herself down.​

Last edited:
Ruvo Steelfeather
Locaton: Salvager Deck
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
"...On deck, now," nodding in understanding the bard tucked his lute into his bag of holding before following the quartermaster up the stairs where it was clear from the get go that things were a chaotic mess. There was crew running about, supplies and equipment sliding around dangerously, a cannon that was being hoisted around and fired, and of course the sea serpent attempting to sink the Salvager. "We need to tie down whatever isn't secured. Should've been done earlier but we were in a rush." "Understood" he quickly replied before darting off to the nearest loose piece of cargo on the deck. On his own catching the loose cargo as they slid about would of been difficult given their weight but soon enough a sharp whistle rung out and the command to secure the cargo went out which meant help from the crew members that were at a loss as to what to do would be able to lend him a hand.

During all the commotion and tying down of the cargo Ruvo had noticed that Eiru had come up onto the deck, though if he didn't know any better they almost looked like they had only just now woken up which was certainly impressive given how loud things had gotten recently. Immediately the witch seemed to be issuing a warning not to shoot the giant sea serpent, which seemed like the opposite of what they should be doing. Certainly killing the monster that threatened to capsize their boat and kill them all would be the optimal situation right? Though perhaps there was something about this creature in particular that meant killing it only brought more danger. But how that could possibly work was a mystery to him.

"...get ready to calm the beast with a song" he was quickly snapped out of his distracted thoughts at the witch's mention of using song to soothe the beast. He had heard of bards who used music to control beasts, attract vermin and small critters, or even get snakes to act a certain way and though enchanting creatures with his music wasn't quite his area of expertise if there was any way he could lend a hand with a musical task he would do his best.

"Eiru!" he called up the crows nest "Is there anyway I can help with calming the beast?" he asked hopeful that even though his overall skill with his magical affinity was limited that this would be something he could contribute to.

Freed
Mentions: SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Uasal Uasal Sylph Sylph

Upon being asked if he could shoot it while it was moved, by a woman with arms like some kind muscular ape Freed nodded in a scholarly fashion and was about to say. 'Yeah sure, won't be a problem if they get knocked around' but then she kept talking and offered to carry the cannon around while he fired it and that sounded like the absolutely insane idea that Freed was somewhat mad at himself for not thinking of first. "That'll probably be dangerous as hell... LET'S DO IT!" Freed said while he hopped up in excitement.

Being an artillery goblin was probably on Freed's bucket list, or it would've been if he'd had a bucket list in the first place. Assuming that the woman went through with it Freed would hop onto the back of the cannon and would fire magic infused cannonballs whenever she pointed the weapon towards the sea serpent. Not many of them would make their mark but those that missed would fill the sky in a rainbow of colors from the magic infused into them.

Freed was shouting snake themed insults towards the giant beast the entire time along the lines of. "Take that you no-legged freak show" or maybe "if you had legs I'd blow them off." Most of them made fun of the fact it didn't have legs as Freed did not know much about snakes. (Aside from the fact that they explode when you blow them up, which to be fair so did pretty much everything else.)

Freed was in the middle of loading the cannon again when some voice found it's way into his voice that sounded like it might've been important. There was a second or two where he wrestled back the impulse to keep firing anyway because this was super fun, but he didn't and instead looked around and noticed the tiny witch that he'd seen get beat up earlier apparently calling off things. Apparently they wanted to try and just run which to Freed sounded like the opposite of fun but he shrugged. "I'll give ya a chance but if thing's go south, snake's goin boom" Freed reluctantly agreed and turned to Máni, "I'm goin down to make sure the cannons are secure. Might could use some help on account of these tiny arms" Freed said before rushing back down to do what he said he'd do.

Last edited:
1635056082934.png

Eiru took care in tying herself to the crow's nest as others below either complied with her order or did not. In all honesty, whether they did or not was of little concern to the witch so long as Ymir was willing to play her part. If those who didn't want to take her warning seriously were to be blown off the deck and into the territorial waters of that serpent then so be it. They were bound to die anyway if they couldn't follow simple orders. Looking down at the crew below her Eiru waited to see what kind of a reaction she would receive and for the most part things were looking good. The goblin had stopped his assault and another member of the guild was willing to aid Leo in his calming of the beast. Unfortunately, there was always one who had to go against the grain even in an emergency situation. A Starchild no less, how crude.

Throwing words of mutiny around was an absurd thing to do, after all Eiru's orders were completely in line with what the parrot had issued having only built further on them. Although saying that Eiru did also naturally come to the conclusion such a comprehensive might be beyond such a crude individual. Perhaps she could hammer some nails somewhere to stay out of trouble. The woman taunting words meant nothing to Eiru, in fact, if anything they only made her already the abysmal opinion of the brute worsen. Even the red prince had done a better job at threatening the witch and insulting her too. But as with a child, it was normally best to leave such a tantruming individual ignored save they actually talk more and embarrass themselves. Leaning over the edge to peer down and Ruvo, Eiru called down to him "Leo specialises in emotional manipulation through poetry, his songs are a type of charm that works better the less intelligent the creature or individual. I'm afraid your music may drown his words out but If you don't mind perhaps you can begin channelling a spell to enhance the volume of his words. Just channel the spell as you usually would but while you do keep in mind your intent is to enhance his volume. It matters not if you can or can't just keep that intent in your head".

Looking back to the captain Eiru let out a sigh "Captain, please brace for high speeds. On your order Ymir will launch her spell"
Sylph Sylph Yahhah Yahhah SilverbackActual SilverbackActual RatKing RatKing Key of Stars Key of Stars

Akel cocked her head to the side slightly at Vas'on's remark and a slight grin appeared as quickly as it vanished, sheathing her sword Akel broke her gaze and moved toward Vas'on with a soft expression "You're funny. But I still haven't forgiven you". Brushing past the man Akel moved for the front door and in a swift motion swung it off it's hinges breaking the lock that had been in place. Moving out into the main courtyard with Vas'on Akel stretched from side to side before wiping the ash from her clothing "You know if you're so interested in vampiric women I know of a brothel you could patron. Granted you may be bled dry but... you know what... If you want to go I'll even pay" Laughing softly to herself Akel moved toward the front gate with her hands behind her back "But first let's get that drink shall we? Your treat".

Mission Complete

Vas'On grumbled at her still not forgiving him. He had no reason to be ashamed, she's the one who threw a hissy fit because he was taking too long fighting "Jealousy doesn't suit you Dama" he said grinning "Very unbecoming of a woman of your stature" he nudged her with his elbow as he walked beside her "The only vampiric woman I need around me is the one who actually has some skill." he chuckled.

"I'll treat, but you are getting my swords back. If I have to deal with that guy again, I'll break his neck" he growled.

All in all, it had been a successful mission. They got the job done and he'd gotten to fight stuff. Akeldama's outburst earlier was an interesting turn, she was normally so well composed. She must've been affected by the smell of his blood more than anticipated. He'd never seen her so agitated before, normally she was a very calm, collected person. That definitely would be something they'd have to address at some point.​

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Casual Background).png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal SilverbackActual SilverbackActual RatKing RatKing
"Is this really the-" Leonidas had to fight back a grin. "If those were my final words I would have been satisfied." He swiped a strand of hair out of his face as the quartermaster barked out a command. "It seems we have some things to take care off though, might as well push our gruesome deaths back a bit then." He remarked jokingly.

"C'mon you," He let himself get dragged off. "Yes yes, your highness. I wasn't going to-" His sarcastic remark was cut short by a familiar voice.

"Do NOT fire grapeshot at the sea serpent unless you want to kill us all. Make that thing bleed and we all die." Leonidas looked at Eiru in disbelief. He knew the small witch was knowledgeable in a lot of areas but he hadn't expected her to know about the creatures of the sea. "Ymir get to the wheel and ready a wind spell. Give it your all you've to fill all the sails when I say so, Leo help tie everything down and then get ready to calm the beast with a song" He wasn't sure how to feel about Eiru giving him orders, especially considering the whole sailing deal was something that he was supposed to be better at. But then again, Eiru's orders made perfect sense, and though they weren't exactly what he had in mind himself, the result would be roughly the same.

"Roger that. Glad to see you decided to wake up from your beauty sleep." He would help tie things down as much as possible but his first priority now was getting Ymir to the steering wheel. He wasn't sure if the small witch had forgotten about Ymir's current state or if she simply didn't care but he knew that without at least some form of support Ymir was not making it up the stairs to the steering wheel without breaking several bones.

"The fucking sleeping beauty is fucking awake and is issuing orders." He sighed, of course not everyone would accept Eiru's method without struggling, especially those who had never met her before.
"This look like the begin of mutiny to me. Captain, what do you think?" Leonidas scowled, mutiny was the worst accusation one could throw out on the seas. "Hey, I know how you feel. I get that it doesn't feel great to be bossed around by someone you've never met before." He started, helping Ymir up the final step of the staircase to the wheel. "But she has the skills to back it up. Besides, she's right." He spread his arms to highlight the scene on the ship. "This ship doesn't have the firepower nor enough strong or specialized mages to finish that creature off."

Leonidas fumbled with his bag of holding before pulling out a set of standard earplugs and pushing them into Ymir's hand. "Put those in, just in case. Hold onto the railing for stability, I'm going to put some distance between us before I use my magic." He jumped over the railing of the raised platform onto the deck below, cushioning his fall with a blast of wind. "Eiru, I really hope you've thought about how to make sure my spell doesn't affect everyone on board just as much as it does that creature!" He shouted, getting into position as close to the serpent as he could without being in immediate range of an attack.

He didn't wait for the small witch to answer, pulling his right hand up to his chest. "Ruvo! Some background music then if you would, just for the start. After that go below deck immediately, I'll continue by myself." He raised his left hand enveloped in a swirl of wind. "I'm confident I can keep myself on the ship even with Eiru enhancing Ymir's magic."

"Through whistling winds and waves of blue, listen close I swear it's true. A poet sings without constrain', to heal your wounds and soothe your pain. Even then that's not enough, so let me say this, not a bluff. Turn your eyes towards the sky and let yourself be calmed by my lullaby."

daed3f27244e9671312625b86082eb7a.jpg
Hanzel
Mentions: SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
Between the small witch emerging from the cabins and immediately issuing orders and Shephard's complaints in response, the confusion above deck was only getting worse. Thankfully most of the crew manning the cannons weren't able to hear a damn thing and continued firing at full capacity, reducing the speed at which the beast could close the distance.

"The rest of you tie everything down and get below deck if you don't you'll be blown off the deck-" Hanzel finished with one issue and was immediately faced with another. The sails were already nearing capacity from Scrapper's wind magic and contrary to belief, they could break if the speeds were high enough. The hull was already taking enough of a beating with how hard it plowed through the waves.

"Calm down people, our small sized savior is awake." If all that wasn't enough, Shephard was apparently drunk, walking backward onto the helm as she called out. "This look like the begin of mutiny to me. Captain, what do you think?"

"Dammit Shephard-" he pulled her out of the road of several crew members before they could shove her out of the way. "Put the bottle down and get your head on straight!"

They had enough problems without adding fuel to the flame, and she of all people should know better. The poet - who Hanzel recalled as someone who'd been on a boat before - echoed the sentiment. Hanzel searched around for the witch and eventually found her fussing about up in the crow's nest.

"Love-" Hanzel glanced back to see Sephard already talking to the sailor at the wheel. They glanced at Shephard somewhat hesitantly over their shoulder, baffled at being addressed in such a way. "I will take over if necessary."

Gods help us. "You will not," Hanzel said. Aside from her being drunk he'd seen how she steered her ship. The Salvager wasn't built to throw itself against the waves like her flying dutchman. "Cover for the poet while he does whatever... song, this thing is." If the Serpent actually caught up to them then a few well-aimed shots ought to distract it long enough. Even drunk, Shephard shouldn't have much trouble with that large a target.

Captain Scrapper
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Yahhah Yahhah
As Hanzel dealt with all the new recruits who weren't used to the procedures, Scrapper kept himself busy among the straining sails and roaring winds. He could feel the age beginning to settle in his bones, but with every voyage the winds became easier raise and harness. From his vantage point high in the air he could see the shadowy bulk of the serpent. As soon as it dived under water he'd shout for the crew to alter course in some direction, followed by a piercing "BREACH! BREACH!" as it resurfaced to take a bite out of the hull. If they needed to turn to face a wave he'd screech a warning before changing the winds to match.

All in all it was quite a time-consuming task. Hanzel organised and gave orders below, giving Scrapper the space to focus on directing the core crew from the sky. He nonethless enjoyed the sight of the slimy serpent getting its due. Green explosions and ice magic and strange bullets were all giving it a reason to reconsider its choices. Perhaps in future it would think twice before picking a vessel as its target. A rather valuable lesson, Scrapper thought.

What he hadn't anticipated was the appearance of the small human up in his roost, tying herself to the top part of the mast. "AAAAACK!" He flapped to a stop nearby, wings beating furiously as the winds twisted and blustered around them. "DANGER! LEAVE AT ONCE!"

He heard her tiny voice shout something above the roar of the air, only for the winds to carry most of it away. "Captain- brace - high speeds... your order - launch her spell!"

"KRAAA?! ORDERS?!" The small human made no sense. Swooping around he threw another batch of gales into the masts to keep the vessel moving, before appearing in front of her once more. The green fire and ice had all stopped, much to his concern, and the serpent was beginning to shake off the effects. To make matters worse, a second recruit landed up in the roost.

"Hanzel's order!" they shouted, closing whatever bizarre, winged pole they brought with them. "Stay on course!"

It didn't make much sense. Staying on course was already his plan. There should have been no reason for Hanzel to send recruits into the crow's nest in the first place.

"KRAAAA!" No matter. He dived past them, a gale following in his wake as he returned to bolstering the sails. "HANZEL'S ORDER! STAY ON COURSE!" The serpent was beginning to close the distance, which meant they'd need to bring out the scatter shots. To that end Scrapper was already readying himself for the next words, starting with his customary cry to let the crew know they needed to listen -

In the end, it wasn't necessary. Scrapper paused as the gap between the creature and his vessel suddenly began to stretch, realising after a wingbeat that the serpent had slowed. Whether it had taken a critical hit by a cannon or decided to give up wasn't immediately obvious, but Scrapper wasn't about to let the opportunity slip. He set about filling the sails with enough wind to carry them out of the dangerous waters and into view of their first destination.

ymir_3_by_arumey_desyhu3-pre.jpg
Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing
Eiru was awake and already giving orders, which came as no surprise to Ymir, though it did raise some concern. Ymir was used to the witch's unorthodox way of dealing with things (they'd travelled together a number of times - usually in search of artifacts), but she wasn't so sure about the others. "If the little plan of yours do not work out we will have a massive problem and i will use you as a new type of ammo, kidshot."

The notion of firing Eiru out of a cannon was equal parts hilarious and horrifying. If only there were a way to organise it so she didn't become even more bite-sized than she was already. Something to take up with the goblin, perhaps.

"Put those in, just in case." Leo said, breaking her out of her thoughts as he set the items in her hand. "Hold onto the railing for stability, I'm going to put some distance between us before I use my magic."

"What about the rest of..." Her words trailed off into a sigh. Too late. He'd already vaulted over the railings, landing with far more grace than she'd seen him do previously. Ymir decided she should probably start on the spell. Despite the straining sails already, it wasn't enough to pull them ahead of the sea monster, and getting as far away as possible from that thing was high on her priority list. Yet, no sooner had she started to gather the winds around herself than a different voice cut across her concentration.

The quartermaster Hanzel had a different opinion apparently, giving her a specific set of orders to take up to Eiru in the crow's nest. Ymir was somewhat hesitant to use her gliders in all the chaotic winds - as soon as she snapped it open it almost reefed her into the sea - but she managed to get herself up to the crows nest, shouting at Scrapper before dropping down into the sheltered area beside Eiru.

"Apparently," she said, glad for the reprieve against the wind. "The quartermaster is worried you'll rip off the masts off." She paused as a cheer went up from the deck, peering over the side and almost wishing she hadn't. The size of the shadow that disappeared into the depths was going to haunt her for weeks. It might've made getting down a problem, but she suspected Leo had thrown some magic into his words somewhere along the way. It wasn't quite as bad as she expected.

"Anyway," she said, glancing down at the deck as Scrapper shouted the 'all clear'. "It seems like Leo and Ruvo pulled through. Honestly I'm surprised the creature heard anything at all above all the noise... the quartermaster doesn't seem too happy though." She gave Hanzel a nervous wave before ducking back into the relative safety of the roost. The bucket-like attachment was large enough to shelter two or three, and Ymir had half a mind to stay up there permanantly if she weren't so worried about what the concequences would be. At least there seemed to be land in sight on the horizon.
the_sacred_isles__6__by_arumey_dethbjl-pre.jpg

Last edited:
Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Key of Stars Key of Stars

Eiru’s instructions were clear. Simply playing an accompanying calming tune was a no go, instead the witch suggested he enhance the volume of their poet’s words so that they could be heard loud and clear over all the commotion. How they were going to avoid all being affected by the much louder words he wasn’t sure but maybe it had something to do with what they had mentioned about focusing on the intent.

“So just amplify the volume of Leo’s words?” He asked rhetorically while retrieving his lute from his bag of holding. “I can definitely do that”

"Ruvo! Some background music then if you would, just for the start. After that go below deck immediately, I'll continue by myself."

“Of course” the bard began strumming the strings of his instrument, channeling magic into his performance with the intent to boost the volume of Leo’s words so that they may reach the serpent and wash over it. And reach the serpent it did as the verse came forth the beast stopped its pursuit almost immediately.

“Amazing” he said in a hushed tone, being both amazed at the effectiveness of Leo’s magic and that he may have made up the poem on the spot even when under pressure of being attacked by a sea monster.

Last edited:
1635267663190.png
As Ymir took to the crow's nest Eiru turned to her with a soft smile "Ah, Ymir. Look at that you can make way yourself just fine on the sea!" Jeering at the woman half-heartedly Eiru listened to the message she had to pass on and considering it came from the quartermaster Eiru had no issue taking it on board. After all, he too was a gold rank at the very least and nobody knew the ships abilities better than its shipwright or first hand. "Hmm, very well. Leo and the new recruit should be able to call it anyway. If that's the case we should be free for a while so long as it doesn't bleed. You'll find there's always a bigger fish in the sea waiting for bait and even then there may be a parent nearby"

Peeking her head over the edge of the nest Eiru saw both Ruvo and Leo getting into position and readying their spells. When push came to shove Eiru was actually somewhat glad there was no need to speed up the ship, she had been rudely awoken and was seriously lacking in mana still. By no means was she currently mana starved but she wouldn't be casting another large spell before recharging that was for sure. Looking back to Ymir Eiru shot her a grin "Look at Leo, isn't he so dashing when at sea". Moving to a stand Eiru gave the quartermaster an ok sign before starting a spell of her own.

Focused on Ruvo and Leo Eiru closed her eyes and for the first time since yesterday when she returned to the guild, her aura began to pour out filling the area with rich mana. Eiru spoke softly "combine: Song + Poetry. Enhance: Emotional effect. Seek: Target". As Eiru spoke three small runes would appear in the air above her before mixing together into one larger rune that shone brightly before vanishing. "Donate: all mana" With that one final rune appeared and grew very quickly to eclipse the ship before disappearing along with the witches mana and aura. Fortunatly the spell worked. With Ruvo and Leo's magic being combined their spell had the volume needed to reach the beast even under the waves, and wiuth that it specifically targeted the beast leaving the crew unaffected by the calming spell for better or worse. To top it all off Eiru's donation gave it the extra power it needed to effect such a beast turning their spell into a high tear gold spell that tore ripples through the air and sea as it was cast.

Eiru however wouldn't get to see this as she immediately collapsed after expending all her mana, Falling to her knees the witch coughed ferociously before spitting up blood that was blue in color, finally collapsing into a deep sleep thereafter.
Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars RatKing RatKing

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Annoyed Background).png
Mentions: RatKing RatKing Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
Leonidas lowered his right hand slowly. "Woah-" He quietly muttered. So that was what it felt like to cast a spell powerful enough to influence an entire army. A grin formed on his face as the crew started cheering, he spun around on his heel and was about to make an exaggerated bow when a sharp jolt of pain shot through his head. The swirling wind around his left hand disappeared as he pressed the other hand to his forehead.

He stumbled over to the mast and steadied himself against it. Leonidas wasn't a stranger to headaches, there had been times where a splitting headache from a hangover was basically part of his daily routine. Even then, the intense headache that came with overexerting himself combined with almost running out of mana was a grade above anything else. "Make sure I don't go insane, heed my words and soothe my pain." He mumbled the words more out of habit than anything but instead of the usual familiar warm feeling that came with his pain slowly fading away he was greeted by an extra jolt of pain.

He silently cursed.
That's right. I'm almost out of mana, of course that wouldn't work. He let himself slide down the mast until he was sitting on the deck, back resting against the solid wood of the mast. "Ruvo." He called out.

He waited for Ruvo to get closer before continuing. "That was a sweet background tune," He started with a smile. "We should do a duet sometime, preferably under less life-threatening circumstances." He winced in pain. "And preferably when my head isn't killing me."

He looked around, catching the eye of the quartermaster. "Say Hanzel," He called out, ignoring the urge to just close his eyes and try to go to sleep. "You guys got any medicine or a healer on board that can do anything about a headache?" Kathlyn would have probably had several different types of medicine ready to combat the specific problem, probably even disguised as something sweet like her other medicine but they had left on this whole expedition in quite the rush so he didn't have the time to ask her for any standard medicine.

He struggled to his feet. "Also, would you happen to know where Ymir and Eiru are?"

Freed
Interactions: SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

Freed was below deck moving and doing his job on the weapons quite well for someone of his size. Affixing hitches to keep the cannon's in place, making sure to shut the ammunition boxes and nailing them down as well. He was doing his job when something found his ear, now Freed didn't have terrible hearing but a life of being around loud explosives and gunshots could effect that somewhat. He was in the middle of finishing a knot on one of the crates when the massive spell from up above got caught in his senses. "You hear somethin?" Freed would ask Máni before he would move to a porthole and look outside to see crashing waves and a severe lack of sea serpent.

"Well I'll be, they did it" Freed said with a bit of unmasked surprised before he hopped down from the window. Freed was a very simple creature, he had no interest in magic that didn't involve viciously blowing something to shreds but that'd been alright too he supposed. "Back to business as usual then" Freed dug into his bag and brought out a small spider looking machine with a glob of some yellowy orange substance on the back of it. "Perhaps some other day, my friend" Freed said to it before putting it away and going back to his cannon cleaning which most likely needed to be done as quite a few of them had just been fired.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back