• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Guild Of Justice (Reboot)(Medieval DC RP)

sitanomoto

Totally Right Brain
Gotham is a bustling medieval town, with Lord Wayne keeping mostly to himself and his adopted Daughter Roxanne Grayson (me. The position of Bruce Wayne is open.)
Under the cloak of night, however, the two become The Black Bat Of Gotham and Robin Hood, keeping the streets safe from vagabonds and sinister fellows alike.

Alright, for a start:
The year is 1459.
The Guild of Justice has not been Established yet (Justice League).
Robin Hood and her Band of Merry Men would be akin to the Teen Titans, but if no members of the Band show up, I would be fine with it not having been created yet.
Superpowers are allowed, but keep them toned down slightly. The heaviest thing Superman would need to lift might be a Big boulder, or a whole house made of heavy bricks, but the strength and speed needed to stop a train or outrun a sports car wouldn't be needed.
As for Meta-Humans, their powers could have been received from a freak accident, alchemy, or Magic, such as a lightning strike, or a curse that they turn into a blessing, or other magic powers.
Supervillains like Scarecrow, Bane, and Joker would be considered Alchemists since each of them have certain chemicals that they use and bend to their will (Fear Gas, Bane's Venom, and the Joker Gas).

In case you haven't figured it out yet, this is a medieval DC comics roleplay. Technology like phones, spaceships, cars, etc. Do NOT exist. Comm links haven't been invented. Televisions would be considered witchcraft.
Guns, being invented in the late 15th century, have not been invented yet either. However, if your character would like to experiment with black powder and fire in a closed cylinder to launch a small projectile, by all means. The time isn't too far off for that to be a possibility, but please keep in mind that experiments like that are dangerous and could end up scarring someone horribly should it go wrong

alright, I told themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah and Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 that I would tag them, and I'm a woman of my word.

Gotham is a bustling medieval town, with Lord Wayne keeping mostly to himself and his adopted Daughter Roxanne Grayson (me. The position of Bruce Wayne is open.)
Under the cloak of night, however, the two become The Black Bat Of Gotham and Robin Hood, keeping the streets safe from vagabonds and sinister fellows alike.

Alright, for a start:
The year is 1459.
The Guild of Justice has not been Established yet (Justice League).
Robin Hood and her Band of Merry Men would be akin to the Teen Titans, but if no members of the Band show up, I would be fine with it not having been created yet.
Superpowers are allowed, but keep them toned down slightly. The heaviest thing Superman would need to lift might be a Big boulder, or a whole house made of heavy bricks, but the strength and speed needed to stop a train or outrun a sports car wouldn't be needed.
As for Meta-Humans, their powers could have been received from a freak accident, alchemy, or Magic, such as a lightning strike, or a curse that they turn into a blessing, or other magic powers.
Supervillains like Scarecrow, Bane, and Joker would be considered Alchemists since each of them have certain chemicals that they use and bend to their will (Fear Gas, Bane's Venom, and the Joker Gas).

In case you haven't figured it out yet, this is a medieval DC comics roleplay. Technology like phones, spaceships, cars, etc. Do NOT exist. Comm links haven't been invented. Televisions would be considered witchcraft.
Guns, being invented in the late 15th century, have not been invented yet either. However, if your character would like to experiment with black powder and fire in a closed cylinder to launch a small projectile, by all means. The time isn't too far off for that to be a possibility, but please keep in mind that experiments like that are dangerous and could end up scarring someone horribly should it go wrong

alright, I told themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah and Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 that I would tag them, and I'm a woman of my word.
How do some of these rules to apply to traditionally alien characters in the DCU? They usually have a leg up in the present when it comes to tech, let alone the past.

How do some of these rules to apply to traditionally alien characters in the DCU? They usually have a leg up in the present when it comes to tech, let alone the past.
Well, take their leg up with futuristic tech now (hoverboards, clean infinite energy, etc.) And make it more gear based. Steam punk-ish. Conveyor belts and assembly lines and steam engines. All that jazz.

Epic! Soooo how shall we choose characters?
Just claim the characters you want. It's the first come first serve rule. Like I claimed the "Roxanne Grayson" character, but Lord Wayne is still open
also I claim scarecrow

For the green lantern corps, their rings would manifest in this time into like... swords and shields and stuff. Or a weapon that can change from a morning star ball-and-chain to a lance.

A jester joker sounds fun haha
I may have a OC or two that could fit in as well

Although, calling him "the Hatter" would be just fine since he is obsessed with hats, and hatting (making of hats) was a profession in 1459. I think.

Okay, so for the characters claimed so far we have:

Grayson
Scarecrow
Harley Quinn
Joker
Booster Gold
Freeze/Hatter

A smattering of OC's and a few unmentioned.

Great. But we still need Lord Wayne, and I don't want to have to be the one to play him because GOOD LORD that would be really one-sided of me.

And playing Batman AND the joker wouldn’t be? Hahaha

And playing Batman AND the joker wouldn’t be? Hahaha
I'm not suggesting you. Actually, I quite agree. It would be super one sided to play the Bat and his Nemesis, just as it would be to play the Bat and his Protégé.
Mais Non, my friend. I am asking someone else who feels that they would be sufficiently able to do so without it becoming unbalanced.

I'm not suggesting you. Actually, I quite agree. It would be super one sided to play the Bat and his Nemesis, just as it would be to play the Bat and his Protégé.
Mais Non, my friend. I am asking someone else who feels that they would be sufficiently able to do so without it becoming unbalanced.
It's ok. I can be batman and the joker, two sides of the same coin...

It wouldn't be batman and joker fighting, more lord Wayne ordering his dark knights to capture/kill the evil jesters forces.

Also for medieval times would batman kill? Common punishment for thieves was you know... loss of hands or head aha

It's ok. I can be batman and the joker, two sides of the same coin...

It wouldn't be batman and joker fighting, more lord Wayne ordering his dark knights to capture/kill the evil jesters forces.

Also for medieval times would batman kill? Common punishment for thieves was you know... loss of hands or head aha
Well, Lord Wayne IS the Black Bat of Gotham. He's the one out in Gotham with Robin hood. That's why it would be awkward for either of us to play him.
Injuring is fine. Maiming is fine. Killing is still not fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back