• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Guild Of Justice (Medieval DC Roleplay)(IC)

"And yet, for all your claims, what is it that you have truly accomplished mister Scarecrow?".

The voice from the entrance of the cave boomed deep, seemingly muffled by cloth and with a slight hint of an accent. The man stood tall, and even with the loose robes covering his body it was clear to see that he was built like an ox. The incapacitated guards and the door coming off its hinges were a testament to his physical prowess. A hood and the dim light of the tunnel hid his face but it was clear this was no local criminal, which made his familiarity in the situation perhaps all the more alarming. "The common criminals you so disdain have wounded a quarry that eludes you, you speak of strategy yet deem the battle lost before it begins, you preach of fear and reek of it yourself".

The massive man took a moment to duck his head and entered the chapel of crime, throwing back his hood to reveal the fearsome mask of Bane. "Oh yes, you fear the Bat, it is pathetically obvious. So afraid are you that you cannot recognize an obvious power when it is laid out before you. What you are looking at here, mister Scarecrow, is faith. And faith moves mountains". He was a thorough man, fastidious in his preparations, and he had gathered information on Gotham while remaining in the shadows. Following the flock back to their place of worship had been simple, learning of the major local figures a worthwhile boon. It was a good start to what he knew would be his greatest challenge yet.

"I am Bane, and I shall watch Gotham burn that a new world may rise from its ashes. I do believe we all share the same goal".

sitanomoto sitanomoto Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 KnightOfNight KnightOfNight

Libra's associates in the Mannheim family were sometimes too eager in recruiting criminals and this often led to outsiders feeling the need to show off their inflated self worth, but ultimately, it didn't matter. The Great Darkness already revealed the end results of today's congregation and the boon he would soon be gifted outweighed whatever little harm the insults of heathens could ever do to the faithful. Libra waited in silence and let the frail man boast, secure in his faith. If anything, Scarecrow's insults would let the true believers see which members only paid lip service to the Religion of Crime and deal with them on their own. Libra made it no secret that he desired his followers to take initiative when it came to keeping the faith pure.

A smirk slowly spread across Libra's face as he turned to the entrance of the chapel as the large mountain of a man ducked under the doorway. The massive man quickly proved himself to possess something that was a rarity in the town of Gotham, intelligence. He seemed to already have Scarecrow figured out after hearing him speak for only a brief time. "Bane, I admire your passion, but I suspect you might be wrong in one regard. It would appear that our friend here has doubts about what it is that we do and why we do it." Turning his attention to Scarecrow and jumping off the raised section of the hall, Libra locked eyes with him. "Fear has no place in the hearts of the faithful. But despite your flaw, I am not one to turn people away, if you seek help I am sure I can provide it. The Dark Faith will strengthen your resolve and leave no room for doubt within you. That is why you came, is it not? After all, why else would you be here? Surely it wasn't to fling silly little insults and ask questions I answered before you even thought to ask them."

Having decided he dealt with Scarecrow sufficiently, Libra approached Bane. "Tell me, are you ready to accept The Great Darkness into your heart?"

sitanomoto sitanomoto Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Zerohex Zerohex

Scarecrow cocked his head, not in the least bit unnerved by Bane's display. He smiled, which was an odd sight. The scrawniest of men smiling at a hulking brute with absolute confidence. "I see my criminal Reputation precedes me. Please, call me Jonathan." His smile grew into an eerie grin as Bane accused him of being faithless and afraid. "If I had no faith, why would I be here? I have simply been biding my time. Watching, if you will, the movements of a Man who, after careful consideration and observation, proves to be no more than just that: a mere man. He can be exhausted, injured, and manipulated, just like any one of you. You see, life is like a game of chess. You have to take every little piece into account before making a move."

He looked at Libra and nodded. "Of course I did not come to fling petty insults. I was asking what your plan was for getting rid of the Black Bat, because, while a world subjugated to darkness and fear seems exactly like my cup of tea," he fingered the vial at his waist again. "A ship without a destination will eventually fall prey to the ocean." He leaned against a pew. "I am here because I sense an opportunity to overthrow that caped menace and bring him, whimpering, to his knees." his white teeth glinted in the candlelight as he smiled, and they almost looked sharp. "And I have faith that we could accomplish that."

The Red Vixen stood up on the back of the pews. She stretched her leg forward and stepped on the next one. "You sound interesting, Dead Man!" She put her hands up in the air and fell forward, arching her back dramatically. She hands connected with the pew and her legs swung through the air to connect with the next pew. She straightened herself, bending her back at an almost unnatural angle. "I think we think alike, Dead Man." She stepped to the next pew. "This man bored me. But you have the results, Dead Man." Another pew. "I'm a woman of action. Not idle words." Another pew. "I want results." She stepped to the last pew, standing right in front of the man. She hadn't been bothered by the larger man's appearance. "And you have results, Dead Man."

sitanomoto sitanomoto KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Zerohex Zerohex

"It has been my pleasure, milady." Hal returned her curtsy with a bow. "Art thou sure there is nothing thou needs?" Hal asked concerned. He was still reluctant to leave Gia alone. "Doth thou require provisions or supplies? I am riding to Gotham next. Thou art very much welcome to join me should thou wish too?"

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Last edited:
Bane cocked his head at Scarecrow and the Vixen. Mentally weak, he deemed them, incapable of confronting reality. The man, a coward who hid behind his invention without putting it to good use, one that saw the need to question and posture behind his intellect but who quickly changed his tune when confronted. From critical of the church and practically sycophantic towards the Bat to seeking an alliance and decrying their target for his obvious humanity, all in the span of a few sentences. The woman acted like a child, first she stood against the Scarecrow, then sided with him after an admonishment, citing results visible only to her. Instinctive rejection of any authority, unwarranted self importance.

These local elements, Bane could not trust. They might have their uses perhaps, like any tool, but once they had played their part...well, that time would come sooner or later. For the moment, the spanish outlaw stood tall as he was as Libra approached him. "Preacher, I will tell you this, I am not a man of blind faith. My life will not allow me such comforts. But know that I was born in the dark, in the hellhole that was the prison of Peña Dura. The dark has shaped me, strengthened me, I have risen from its depths and I carry it with me wherever I go". And with this, Bane placed a fraternal hand on Libra's shoulder, a sign of accepted unity of purpose. "Gotham will know darkness by my hand".

KnightOfNight KnightOfNight sitanomoto sitanomoto Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

To think that he could take on the entirety of Gotham's criminal underworld without so much as flinching, only to be made an awkward fool upon trying to bond with his daughter. Roxanne was trying her best not to show how uncomfortable she likely felt discussing this topic with him, and Lord Wayne couldn't help but hope for something, anything really to save him from this blunder. He found himself surprised to find his hope had been fulfilled, in a rather unusual way. A young man covered in dirt quite suddenly appeared from the woods, and immediately began blathering on. It was as if he was seeing everything for the first time, and it was all so awe inspiring. To some such a trait may have been endearing, for Bruce however it was grating. He wasn't sure if he preferred this or the awkward conversation with Roxanne.

Still, she seemed rather amused by the boys antics, so he would simply do his best to tolerate it. "I suppose. If we don't say anything than he may never shut up." The vigilante stated under his breath. Standing up, Lord Wayne examined the boy with his piercing blue eyes, icy daggers digging into him as if to examine his very soul. "Her name is Athena, would you care to share your own?"
sitanomoto sitanomoto AThirstyWaterBottle AThirstyWaterBottle

Bruce's stare didn't bother him. It was almost as if he didn't notice the red flags through his rose colored glasses- they just looked like flags. "I'm in possession of a few names, which one would you like?" Conner asked, sounding like a traveling merchant, pedaling off his wares. "I'm quite fond of Gladius right now, though." His eyes flickered to Roxanne, as if to appraise if she liked the name or the joke. He turned back to Athena, a small grin on his face, before mumbling the name of the horse in repetition in hopes of remembering it better. He gently stroked her muzzle, humming happily at the contact, as if something about it was interesting. "Athena you are beautiful. It's a shame you're not the most gorgeous thing here or I'd feel obligated to kiss you." He wasn't even outright talking or looking at Roxanne, yet was complimenting her and the horse in the same breath.

Conner thought girls were fantastic. Then he saw men and thought they were fantastic too. Girls just tended to like his words more and tended to throw punches because of them less. Unless the girl already had a guy, but at the moment, Roxanne looked pretty guy-less aside from the older gentleman with her. He looked less the type to throw a punch than he would throw him in a dungeon. Conner removed himself from the horse, still smiling brilliantly at her. He didn't want to get in trouble, just wanted to say hello to her. The horse, not the girl. But now he wanted to say hello to her too.

sitanomoto sitanomoto Keidivh Keidivh

Roxanne bit her bottom lip at Bruce's attempt at being "friendly," trying to keep herself from bursting into laughter. The boy was unfazed by her guardian's threatening demeanor and even offered a joke. She caught his gaze and rolled her eyes good-naturedly at his wordplay.

Athena, for her part, enjoyed the stroking and attention she was getting from this new fellow, and she nickered softly as she offered him an affectionate nudge.

"Athena you are beautiful. It's a shame you're not the most gorgeous thing here or I'd feel obligated to kiss you."

Well. It was inevitable, apparently. Roxanne was hoping to have a conversation without an obvious attempt at flattering her. As nice as it was, it grew tiresome at a certain point.
She sighed and stood, walking over and standing next to Bruce. His imposing figure brought her some odd form of comfort. "Well, how about the name that you have that most people use, when referring to you?" Roxanne replied.

Athena recognized Roxanne and her ears perked up, moving her head to face her rider. The mare snuffed and gently brushed Roxanne's face with her nose.
"Hello, love." Roxanne muttered, smiling. "Enjoying the attention?" The latter part of her question was in Latin, something she practiced whenever she could. "He offered to kiss you. Would you like to kiss him back? He seems handsome enough, underneath all of those leaves and all of that dirt." She looked at Bruce with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "What do you say you take him up on that offer, eh?"
She turned and leaned against a wooden post, putting her hands at her hips. "Athena, basium."
The black and white mare turned her head to Conner, blinked once, and then licked his face several times, which prompted Roxanne to start laughing.
Keidivh Keidivh AThirstyWaterBottle AThirstyWaterBottle

Last edited:
Gia smiled softly and rubbed her arm. "I am sure, Sir Hal. I manage on my own. Besides...it is best I stay here. I would not know what to even do." She wiped at her eyes despite the lack of tears. "I can no longer return, Sir Hal, but I appreciate your offer." She smiled up at him then looked back at the ruins of her home.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain

"Let sling the arrows of outrageous fortuity!"
"By hand of the man with most acuity!"
"All know of him and his name!"
"And so we sing of their fame!"

"Hail, hail the Dark Archer!"
"Hail, hail his might!"
"For once his arrows take flight"
"It is always a stupendous sight!"

These were the first few verses sung by a merry band which had chosen to follow the Dark Archer, who was riding through the landscape on a steed going at a relatively tame gait. After all, the Dark Archer was amused at this company and was encouraging of their antics so there was little point in ditching these brigands. It was an eclectic bunch, with a wide arrangement of appearances as some were rail-thin, others had a portly frame, most of them men with a few women following. But if there were two things they all could agree on and have a concordance about, it was that they all preferred the bow and that they admired the Dark Archer.

The Dark Archer was armed as always, but he was not in the blackened attire which helped enforce his namesake, with a smile on his face. As the collective sang of his praises he idly swung his index finger around from side to side as he mouthed the words alongside them. Breaking his silence, Arthur broke into his own set of lyrics as he eyed the landscape looking for something interesting to shoot.

"Aplomb with my skills
I search for new thrills!"

Bombastically sung the archer as he noticed rustling in the bushes. There was a creature there ripe for the hunting, so Arthur drew out his composite bow then pulled out some of the barbed head arrows. If he decided to let the creature roam free it would stay pierced within their hide and let them die a slow and agonizing death, which was always amusing. Taking a short time to set his arrow and draw the string he let loose as the arrow quickly whizzed into the bushes and slammed into a young doe.

The creature bayed as it attempted to run off, but of course the Dark Archer was not content to let this prey get away. Now Arthur upped the game by using two of the arrows at the same time and fired upon the creature, who quickly began to stumble and collapse upon itself. The brigands let out thunderous applause as the Dark Archer returned his equipment to a more neutral position while taking some bows to them.

"But never forgetting all of the kills!"

"Eat and be merry! Lo and gaze 'pon your gestum, tis but one of many of life's plenty that shall be poached by me if you continue to follow my steed! A toast if you will, as I start my medale!"

Libra looked over his shoulder at Scarecrow before speaking in a hard, stern voice. "So you presume I have no destination in mind because I do not let you in on my plans? A galley does not get lost at sea simply because the rowers do not know where they are going. Furthermore, you are an outsider. I will use you for a plan, but I simply can't allow you to know more than what you need to do. I'm sure you can understand how risky that would be." Turning his focus back to Bane, he returned to the calm voice from before. "I will not ask you to do anything I would not do, and tomorrow night I will give you every reason you could ever need to have faith."

Finally turning to face the foolish girl playing on the pews as the hateful eyes of his flock stared daggers into her back, he held a hand up to them as he spoke. "Child, remember that this is a place of worship. I will be gracious and let your behavior slide this one time as you clearly do not understand the situation you have placed yourself in." Libra then let his hand fall before continuing. "I will not stop them for your sake again." He contemplated the uses of the frail man and the foolish girl as he returned to the pulpit. They were clearly a test from The Great Darkness, a test that Libra had no choice but to pass as his god had no use for a prophet that fails.

"To those I spoke to last week, the time is nearly here, I foresaw last night's happenings and it is the opening I told you about. Bane, you and the other two newcomers will take part in this. I have foreseen that as well." No matter what they said or did, they would be part of this, their presence here today told him that much. Bane was expected but the others were kept hidden from him by his lord and their boldness made it clear it was by his whims they appeared here. There was just no other explanation in Libra's mind.

sitanomoto sitanomoto Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Zerohex Zerohex

Scarecrow shrugged, running a hand through his greasy hair. Thinking about it now, allowing Libra to take charge would place the golden-clad man in the line of blame if they were caught. Jonathan Crane was a mild-mannered apothecary, weak-minded and weak-bodied. Claiming that he was manipulated by a darker entity would be no insurmountable task. Almost child's play, he reasoned. An agreeable, if eerie, smile slowly appeared on his pale, gaunt face.
"Fair enough. So long as I gain a few.... willing volunteers from this venture to help me further my research.... You may use me how you like."
A loud cawing from outside alerted Jonathan to the presence of his pet, Stygia, reminding him of their other errands today. She had the good enough sense to remain perched in a tree, not daring to venture into a cave of unknowns.
"When would this plan of yours be taking place?" Jonathan questioned, cocking his head.
Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Zerohex Zerohex
I do love villains rubbing elbows with each other.

While the boy didn't share his true name, he still shared enough for Bruce to get something of a read on the young man. Namely his wish to keep his identity a secret. While it was true many people didn't care to share their name with strangers, most didn't have a myriad that they choose from depending on what mood struck them. Moreover a name like Gladius was distinctive enough to see what news there was from nearby towns and villages that had heard the name. The boy certainly didn't scream subtlety. "A fanciful name, I trust you earned it in some manner?" He asked, not bothering to hide the skepticism in his voice, as if the child would pick up on it, as he was much to engrossed with petting Athena. He had to wonder if this happened every time the boy saw a horse, or if this was truly the first time he saw one. Either option still left a myriad of questions, though Bruce wasn't sure if he truly wanted any of the answers. After all, this was just some random boy that tripped his way through the woods. Still, there was something else about him that compelled the lord to learn more.

Hearing the lad make an indirect flirtatious remark to Roxanne, Lord Wayne felt like acting rather ignoble at that moment and toss this' Gladius' back into the woods. Having Roxanne stand beside him, he reeled in his urge, instead letting her have her own fun with the boy. Hearing her speak in Latin, a small smirk appeared on his own lips, a rare sight indeed that only Roxanne ever seemed to manage to procure from the usually dour man. Giving a nod in approval, a light chuckle escaped his lips as Athena began slobbering all over the strange boys face. She certainly had a way with beasts, he wondered how long it took her to teach Athena this trick. He didn't even bother to ask himself why she'd do such a thing, that be the more pressing question. That was just his Roxanne being... Well, Roxanne.

"Why do I have a feeling he's going to enjoy that?" Bruce asked in a slightly exasperated tone, feeling it wouldn't be so easy being rid of Gladius.
sitanomoto sitanomoto AThirstyWaterBottle AThirstyWaterBottle

"Hey, You, Stop." He listed the three names on his fingers, then gave her a wide grin. "Not thief though." He reassured, an unhindered smile on his face that he directed at Bruce, as if that was somehow reassuring. "They vary oh so much and I'd have to bother to count how many times I've been called what." He droned dramatically, almost as if it cost him great pains to consider all of his many names. "Overall, its easier to have others name thine self. They remember it better too." He added with a one shouldered shrug.

He did light up at Bruce's question, more than happy to explain. "Swordsmanship!" He chirped, as if that would tell all. It told neither of them much of anything. Had his first training weapon been one? Had he run an errand for a smith and was known to have that be the package to be delivered? Answering without telling, another show aside from how he went about flirting to show off how clever he was.

He curiously watched Roxanne speak to the horse, eyes alight and clearly delighted with her words he didn't understand. The horse licking him startled him, but made him laugh, stroking her muzzle in reply. "Aw, thank you! I've been graced with affection by a beautiful creature!" He didn't bother to attempt to wipe his face, already covered in grime, what was horse slobber? Or perhaps he didn't know he should have wiped his face based on the rest of him. Either way, he was highly amused. "May I beg your pardon and ask what you spoke to the horse? Do all horses speak it? Did she teach you or did you her?" He thought horses had their own language, which implied he'd never seen a horse in his entire life. The poor thing probably crawled out from underneath a rock, which would explain his appearance. Or maybe he was perhaps a fae thing, all name stealing and delightful in theory, freshly born from some kind of flower. Either way, he was clearly enamored by the horse and the girl in his presence.

Keidivh Keidivh sitanomoto sitanomoto

"If not a thief, then what are you?" The girl asked. "Besides in dire need of a bath?"
Roxanne shrugged at Bruce's question. "Well, you weren't wrong. He enjoyed it."
Athena stopped "kissing" the boy, whinnying and looking to Roxanne for praise, which she received by way of an apple from her bag. "Bona paella, Athena." Her rider patted the mare's nose.

"May I beg your pardon and ask what you spoke to the horse? Do all horses speak it? Did she teach you or did you her?"

Roxanne looked at the boy with an "oh-you-poor-thing" expression, turning to Bruce and raising an eyebrow. "Well, I was speaking Latin. It's part of my studies as a..." she cleared her throat, as if the next words were hard to say. "Young noble lady. And, no, Athena didn't teach me. I taught her." She pondered on something for a moment. "I suppose all animals of the same species have a shared language, but I can guarantee it's not Latin." She chuckled.

A pause, and then Roxanne asked the question she was sure was on Bruce's mind: "So, 'Gladius,' what brings you here, to Gotham?"

Hal could tell her mind was made up. He knew no matter what he said, Gia would not leave. Despite all the painful memories, this place was still her home. "Very well, milady." He responded dispirited. "But know this; should thee require anything, I am always at thou's service. Just simply call out for the Green Knights and I shall return." He bowed at Gia before turning back and walking towards Arisia. Untying her from the tree, he climbed on top of her and into the saddle. "Farewell, Lady Gia." Hal said, before jerking the reins causing Arisia to break into a gallop. Setting out for Gotham next, Hal determined he should reach it by nightfall.

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Vixen looked between Libra and Johnathan. She jumped down from the pew and stood next to the man. "I'll go with you, Dead Man. I may not seem like much, but I have a few......tricks up my sleeve." She started laughing loudly. "Tricks! Get it!?" There was absolutely no joke in the phrase, but she found it absolutely hilarious. She tossed her head back and laughed her shrill laugh. She just stopped laughing and stuck her hand out to the man. "Whaddya say, Dead Man? How 'bout a partnership?"
sitanomoto sitanomoto Zerohex Zerohex

Gia nodded and smiled softly. She enjoyed the conversation, wishing she could keep him around just to talk. But he had things to do. "I will. Thank you, Sir Hal." She waved and lingered in the yard. She walked through the trees, running her fingers through the leaves. She held her dress in her other hand as she walked. It was so nice. Her own paradise, despite the grief and sadness it brought her when she thought too hard. But this time she found herself shying away from going inside. She wanted to enjoy this moment of peace and calmness that had befallen her consciousness. It was nice; relaxing.
Scatterbrain Scatterbrain

Jonathan looked puzzled. Clearly, this woman was a little.... off, but... she seemed like good testing material. He smiled after a moment or two of staring at her hand, before taking it and shaking it briefly. "Delightful."
Another caw. He turned to Libra. "Nevermind. I assume you will contact me when I am needed. As for now, I have errands to run." He rotated on his heel and put his hands behind his back as he walked out of the cave.
"Stygia!" He held out an arm, and she came and landed on it. He disappeared from view after a moment or so.
KnightOfNight KnightOfNight Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back