• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Guild of El'yssi

Azukai

Zuki
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
For centuries on end, countless species have trod against the harsh reality of mother nature, yet only a relative few have managed to claim the land and sea for themselves. The vast humanoid race stands proud with this accomplishment, predominately due to the unique evolution that has matured our people into masters of the El'yssian biomes. Yet even with such an illustrious title, the humanoid race remains but an insignificant speck in the grand diction of life--a small fraction of what has been, and an even smaller fraction towards what could be.

Ten percent...

This is the estimated coverage of the world that has been documented by the six great nations of our race. Within our records, there are countless species ranging from the smallest of herbs to the greatest of beasts that reign over the seas. To some, the idea of the unknown is a fearful prospect; however, for many, the fantasy of its mystery spurs a greater sense of belonging.

Glory, fame, wealth, and knowledge...

Decades of expeditions have been fueled by the conflicting passions of our race. Yet even with our differential goals, a single emotion has remained consistent across all of our generations. That emotion is curiosity.

Curiosity has instilled us with an insatiable hunger that drives us to the boundaries of the world in search of the secrets we have yet to uncover. Curiosity has spurred us to the ruins of our ancestors in search for the origin of our kind. Curiosity has forced us to look to the future and wonder what potential awaits us still.

Curiosity is what has driven the Guild to the overall greatness that it has come to achieve, and now, it is your turn to dawn the mantle of your forefathers and plunge into a world where both danger and adventure awaits.

This is your story. Welcome to El'yssi.

What to Expect
Before you get started with your character sheet, please note that this roleplay is very lore intensive. El'yssi is a high fantasy world with many elements that will all contribute to the exploration-based narrative of the roleplay. All lore can be found in the RPN lore section HERE (They are still a WIP since they have no images, or good formatting, but the content is readable!), or at the wikia found HERE.

For your first character, I am going to ask that everyone is a fresh Seeker (trainee at the guild). This does not mean your character cannot be proficient in other aspects of their life; however, everyone is forced to start at the same level in the Guild.

There is a lot to discover in this world--cool critters, weird plants, sinister plots in the dark, and maybe even a mysterious old man on the side of the road who just wants your help. There's a lot of content I have prepared for everyone, and once you are comfortable with the world, I hope you will be willing to contribute your own (just make sure to keep to the overall theme of El'yssi)!

If you wish to make a secondary character, you will have the option to do so after your initial character has become an official Explorer of the Guild. Secondary characters will not be required to start as a Seeker. Also, if you wish to simply retire you current character and start anew, you may do so. After all, maybe the play-style of another race might call to you more.

And between you and me, I hear there's been a rumor circulating around the Guild...something about these weird scales people have finding in some new uncharted territory.

Rules
This section is going to be pretty basic. General expectations are always in play: Be respectful to myself and your fellow players and follow RPN's rules.
Aside from that, I do have a couple additional rules I'd wish to go over.

1) Be confident in contributing to an evolving narrative--The overall goal I hope to achieve with this roleplay is a player-driven narrative. I am providing a world and an introduction to a story. But as time progresses and your characters become more developed, I hope to see contributions, both from my end, and yours as well!

2) Please, please, please respect everyone's time. A lot of effort goes into creating character sheets, integrating a character into a world, and then further developing it over the course of the story. Going awol for long periods of time, or frequent intervals of time is not only disruptive but also disrespectful to your fellow players. Everyone understands occurrences in life happen, please communicate, at least to myself, if something is going to prevent your from posting, if you aren't having fun, or simply no longer wish to participate. Your time is yours to spend however you wish. I just ask that you either give me a chance to try and fix an issue, or at least give me a heads up so I can plan the story around your absence/departure.

Roleplay Information

And with that out of the way, let's get to the good stuff, Races! Remember, this is going to be heavily watered down information. Check out the RPN lore page HERE or the wiki HERE, if you want to view the full information. (90% complete)

Chitos (Chi-Tos)

It is the resilience of the Chitós that gives them their recognition among the other races. Having made the cold north of Kryorra (Cry-Ore-Ra) their home, it is under some of the harshest climates that they have adapted to survive. Thick skin and muscular definition are common among both genders; however, it is their short stature which gives them their unique image. Five feet is considered substantial by their standards--the average for the other races being a nearly six feet in height. As a race, they are defined by sheer kindness and warmth, which stem from the tender hearts of their soul. Lost and stranded explorers are a common theme in the mountains of the north, and it is the Chitós who strive in coming to their aid. With animal partners by their side, the Chitós are highly talented trackers, and it is because of this selfless duty that their race has been dubbed The Protectors of the North.

The Chitos civilization has expanded across the northern region of Krýorrá with a majority of their residence found carved into the mountains themselves. The Chitos are avid blacksmiths that forge their own weapons and armor which are occasionally distributed as commodity. Chitonian weaponry is some the best in the land, with nation vendors paying top gold for even the lowest quality weapons forged by the novice blacksmiths. That being said, trade with the Chitós is often sporadic given the lack of safe passage the north offers to most merchants.
Fytali (Fi-Tal-Li)

Often, explorers feel as if they are being watched when they travel through the western forests and jungles of Dazkla (Daz-Kla). This is not an understatement as the local wardens are always watching. The Fytali are a unique variant of the human race not only because of their floral or fungal features, but also because of their solidarity. The Fytali do not form unions of civilization such as cities or towns, but rather, choose to wander as small units known as "Brigands". These Brigand, often formed from family and close friends, scour the forests and jungles--making occasional camp in time of bad weather or general fatigue. Their goal is the protection of the forest, and they do not take kindly to any unnatural disturbances to their home.

The Fytali share a direct connection with nature itself. Not only are they capable of sustaining themselves through photosynthesis, their body is a temple for the very flora which inhabits them. It is a symbiotic relationship in which they provide sustenance in return for the natural benefits of the flora, itself. For some, it is toxic plants which inhabit in their body while for others it is the strength and durability of the forest trees. As a whole, the Fytali are not powerful when compared to the combative prowess of other races. At best, they are adept at a style of rapier fencing, but even then, their skill might falter in the presence of another master. Nonetheless, what they lack in power is heavily compensated by their natural talents--be it camouflage, poison, steroids, or more--and their affinity for earthen Spirit Arts.
Soeri (Soi-Ree)

Not all humanoids reside on land as seen by the Soeri. Unlike the other races, the Soeri are distinct in that two unique variations exist--one in the northern seas of Vothalass (Voth-A-Loss) and the other in the southern seas of Sothalass (Soth-A-Loss). In addition to the regional differences, they are indvidually defined by separate physiology and lifestyles. The southern Soeri are found in tropical waters. They are a graceful race known for their slim figure and elegant fins which allows them easily jet through the waters. That being said, they are not confined to the ocean, and many prefer to still live on the numerous islands which litter their waters. Like the Fytali, the southern Soeri are in tune with nature and often rely on their water Spirit Arts to assist their production and hunts. The southern Soeri are considered some of best fisherman in the world, as well as some of the best shipbuilders which are utilized for their global trade.

The northern Soeri are much different. They are large in stature, plump in nature, and blubbery to the touch. If the southern Soeri are known for their elegance and grace, the northern Soeri are known for the raw power and durability they exert upon their ice-capped waters. The northern sea is frigid and frozen while the waters are inhabited by some of the largest aquatic dangers known to El'yssi. Because of this fact, the northern Soeri are excellent hunters and often prey upon the beasts in hunting parties known as Raids. To them, raids are more than a way of life; rather, a dangerous sport which provides both survival and entertainment to the veterans of the trade. The dangers are not negligible, however, as Raids often suffer a high fatality rate. Unlike the southern Soeri, the northerners do not reside in and outside of the sea. Instead, they choose to build sole residence above water. Due to the abundance of snow and ice, towns of northern Soeri are often collections of igloos which are littered across the numerous glaciers and heavily frozen waters.
Synthion (Synth-Ee-On

There is no better way to consider the Synthion as anything but normal. Unlike the other variants of the humanoid race, the Synthion remained true to the basic expectation of a human. Nonetheless, what they lack in evolutionary adaptations are compensated by their raw genius. Without a doubt, the Synthion are considered one of the smartest races in the world.

Innovation is a way of life for the Synthion, and rapid technological advancements are the result of their efforts. From their archaic constructions to their steam based machines, a Synthian city is often a cultural shock to any first time visitors from the other nations.

Shortly after birth, a Synthian child is placed into an educational system whose purpose is the development of future innovators, leaders, adventurers, and traders. Only the best succeed in the Synthian nation of
Afevresi (Af-Eh-Vre-Si), often leaving them cunning individuals. Engaging a Synthian head on is never a wise choice; as it is always safe to assume a hidden trick...or five...up their sleeve.
Thauri (Thou-Ri)

A proud beast is the best way to describe the Thauri who prowl the savannas of Ágriagi (Ah-Gri-Agi). Members of this clan often resemble the fauna which reside alongside of their villages, variants including felines, canines, rhinocerotidae, and more. Although raw genius might be the further term to describe their nature, what they lack in smarts is heavily compensated through their extreme strength or dexterous agility. All in all, their overall intelligence isn't poor, rather straightforward in nature--if it is an enemy or food, fight it. Without a doubt, the Thauri are known for a aggressive temperament which is further stimulated by their competitive nature. In their villages, hunting is their ultimate pride, and such actions are not limited solely to the fauna of the land. Ágriagi is a war-stricken land as tribes are often stuck in endless battles of dominance over choice selections of the region. Survival of the fittest is the best term to describe the El'yssian savannas, and as such, novice, non-native, explorers are often barred from any quest that involves this region.

map.jpg

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading over the information! If you're interested, having any questions, or just want to learn more let me know in the thread below. Most of the world's knowledge is compiled in my head...I just need to finish getting it on paper! Looking forward to talking (and hopefully roleplaying) with you all!

________________________________________________________________________________​

The Sign-Ups can be officially found here: Fantasy - The Explorers of El'yssi (Character)
As of now, 95% of the lore has been updated on the Wiki, so there is more than enough content to get started on your character. The official lore page within RPN will be finalized tomorrow. I am still working through its BBCode. The Lore page will be linked to the Sign-Ups when its completed and if you place a placeholder in the sign-ups, I will tag you in the OOC as well.

Chat and questions can be directed to me as a PM or in the OOC here: Fantasy - The Guild of El'yssi OOC

Lore can be found here : Fantasy - The Guild of El'yssi Lore

The roleplay can be found here: Fantasy - The Guild of El'yssi: Advent

Last edited:
Oh baby exploration!?

Sign me up!

Well done with the types of people in the world, seems very natural for their differing homes for them to be different.

But still always similar to others.

The syntheions, interesting bunch, while others focus on the body they focus on the mind. Were there a day that a weapon of Chitos and Syntheion make come into exsistance, it would be a dreaful day for certain.

Well done with the types of people in the world, seems very natural for their differing homes for them to be different.

But still always similar to others.

The syntheions, interesting bunch, while others focus on the body they focus on the mind. Were there a day that a weapon of Chitos and Syntheion make come into exsistance, it would be a dreaful day for certain.

Then we best hope political tensions between the nations remain amicable :p

I wanted to take a moment and add some more details surrounding the exploration aspect--as well as what the future could entail.
For your first character, I am going to ask that everyone is a fresh Seeker (trainee at the guild). This does not mean your character cannot be proficient in various aspects of their life; however, everyone is forced to start at the same level in the Guild (some rising quicker than others).

There is a lot to discover, cool critters, weird plants, sinister plots in the dark, and maybe even a mysterious old man on the side of the road who wants your help. There's a lot of content I have prepared for everyone, and once people are comfortable, by all means will you be able to contribute your own (just make sure to keep to the overall theme of the world)!

If you wish to make a secondary character, you will have the option to do so after a certain point in the roleplay. Secondary characters will not be required to start as a Seeker. Also, if you wish to simply retire you current character and start anew, you may do so. After all, maybe the playstyle of another race might call to you more.

And between you and me, I hear there's been a rumor circulating around the Guild...something about these weird scales people have found in uncharted territory.

:0

Qould it be possible to have a prosthetic in this world as a syntheion? Something symple no silly stuff, but just a thought that popped in my head.

:0

Qould it be possible to have a prosthetic in this world as a syntheion? Something symple no silly stuff, but just a thought that popped in my head.

Yes! It could even be steam powered, since that's the current level of technology the Synth have acquired.

Yes! It could even be steam powered, since that's the current level of technology the Synth have acquired.
Lovely, I think it will be simple with minor elements of steam processes for ease of repair

Orikanyo Orikanyo HowlingWolf HowlingWolf BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop mikyuu mikyuu

The Sign-Ups can be officially found here: Fantasy - The Explorers of El'yssi (Character)
As of now, 95% of the lore has been updated on the Wiki, so there is more than enough content to get started on your character. The official lore page within RPN will be finalized tomorrow. I am still working through its BBCode. The Lore page will be linked to the Sign-Ups when its completed and if you place a placeholder in the sign-ups, I will tag you in the OOC as well.

Chat and questions can be directed to me as a PM or in the OOC here: Fantasy - The Guild of El'yssi OOC

You said six great nations but why there's only five on the list? Also, is there a map?

There are 5 races. The Soeri have 2 variants that live in separate nations. Of you check the wiki it'll show this under the Nation's section, or you'll be able to see it in the lore page coming later today!

There will be a rudimentary map included later as well. Havent got around to mocking one up yet.

Interested!

Awesome! All the threads (besides the rp itself) are up and ready. Personally, I would recommend using the wikia to look over the RP info since its better formatted for the time being.
Regardless, let me know if you have any questions you need answered, especially if you choose to make a character!

Nice map! Another questions. is there cephalopod-based soeri?

Also, you might want to correct this then. It confused me before.

The southern Soeri could have cephalo qualities if you desired!
Also good catch in the Lore. I always knew a few mistakes were seep through the cracks, haha.

Nice map! Another questions. is there cephalopod-based soeri?

Also, you might want to correct this then. It confused me before.
Crab people crab people.

I understand that fully. Their... kinda cute... in a way... with their googly eyes and squishyness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back