• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild of El'yssi OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
quick question as i'm working on this intro, are there regular earth animals in this world? or are they all different/fantasy?

quick question as i'm working on this intro, are there regular earth animals in this world? or are they all different/fantasy?

There can be some regular, just for the sake of making comparisons to them to help describe other animals. They might be a lil different in some ways, but that doesn't have to be in any "magical" sense.

Yippity yay, another post! I will have the Trials officially starting later this afternoon/evening (EST time). It'll be a slightly longer post since Bippity and I collab'd Fre's arrival while we waited on people to finish their sheets and whatnot. But the post is worth it, since it gives everyone a deep dive into some Guild politics (where it totally isn't corrupt at all).

For anyone who has their intro post in flight or even their character sheet, you might be wondering, but what about me? Don't worry, the timing of this trial is intentional. I anticipate characters arriving at different points in the day--it'll keep things interesting. But ultimately, you can decide when you want your character to arrive. You can do it in a single post that transitions from your Omen Speaker intro, or you can just do it in two separate posts as you get time. The trial will be lengthy enough that everyone will have a moment to shine.

And if for whatever reason, you miss this trial, there will be another.

Last edited:
Greetings there, I was wondering if there was still room in the rp for one more player.

Ok.... the character I am planning to use for this rp is the Houndmaster from Darkest Dungeon. But I would need some help on making a backstory for him

Ok.... the character I am planning to use for this rp is the Houndmaster from Darkest Dungeon. But I would need some help on making a backstory for him

Well, I am not familiar with Darkest Dungeon past the title name and playstyle, so my best advice for now is to find whichever race aligns best. Then go from there. If you specific questions about a race's lore, lifestyles, etc I am more than happy to answer questions surrounding that.

Well.... I have changed my mind about that character, since I am planning on using the Cataphract, a man who carries a mystical skull of an wolf like creature, and uses it as either a mount for battle or use it to harness its magical nature for some of his abilities. But I was wondering how to implement this character into the rp without getting too out of place for him.
FA8F5906-AB8A-42BD-B95F-71AA3C02B350.jpeg

Well.... I have changed my mind about that character, since I am planning on using the Cataphract, a man who carries a mystical skull of an wolf like creature, and uses it as either a mount for battle or use it to harness its magical nature for some of his abilities. But I was wondering how to implement this character into the rp without getting too out of place for him.

I'm going to be frank in saying that, I'm not sure you are going to be able too. In regards to having a wolf, there is always the Chitos (Dwarven-esque race) which can have Dire Wolves as family partners. Other wolf species exist in the world as well that could be tamed, but none are ethereal or magical in the sense of the Cataphract seems to be.

To begin with, you should read about Spirit Arts, which is this worlds magic, but as a quick summary, all of it is based entirely on elements. As a whole, the human races have only been able to use Nature and Water type arts. On top of that, only the Southern Soeri and Fytali are capable of harnessing these arts at a Major level--whereas the other races are limited to minor manipulation.

I would honestly recommend going down an OC route, and incorporating elements of your suggested into it as they fit.

Actually Azukai Azukai speaking of Major spirit arts Fre is in the major nature spirit arts, and I feel like I need to add more skills to that? What would be the difference in major and minor nature spirit arts?

I'm going to be frank in saying that, I'm not sure you are going to be able too. In regards to having a wolf, there is always the Chitos (Dwarven-esque race) which can have Dire Wolves as family partners. Other wolf species exist in the world as well that could be tamed, but none are ethereal or magical in the sense of the Cataphract seems to be.

To begin with, you should read about Spirit Arts, which is this worlds magic, but as a quick summary, all of it is based entirely on elements. As a whole, the human races have only been able to use Nature and Water type arts. On top of that, only the Southern Soeri and Fytali are capable of harnessing these arts at a Major level--whereas the other races are limited to minor manipulation.

I would honestly recommend going down an OC route, and incorporating elements of your suggested into it as they fit.
Well.... I understand what you are saying. I was planning on using the mask as some sort of mystical creature, and since he cannot truly use its power, he can only use it as either a weapon or a mount.

But having a strange creature who possess a mask is a strange one, and would not fit that well into the story. But I am not sure of either choosing another character idea, or changing the Cataphract in order to fit the story much better. I am leaning more towards another character idea, but still not really sure on what to do.

Actually Azukai Azukai speaking of Major spirit arts Fre is in the major nature spirit arts, and I feel like I need to add more skills to that? What would be the difference in major and minor nature spirit arts?

There is a wide range of Nature Spirit Arts, but the difference between minor and major really come down to the scale, duration, and overall effectiveness of an art. So a minor Nature user might be able to manipulate some earth, maybe create small things. That would remain their ceiling of using the art. A novice Major user would start at the same skill level, but their ceiling of growth would have a much higher potential. Maybe later in life they could manifest a grove of vines, or manipulate golems made from earth, etc. Major users also tend to learn quicker than a minor user.

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 I would say an OC would be better suited for this role-play. Especially early on. There is always potential for additional characters later, and as the world opens up, you are more comfortable with how it works, and more thing are discovered., it might be easier to adapt your ideas into the world.

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 I would say an OC would be better suited for this role-play. Especially early on. There is always potential for additional characters later, and as the world opens up, you are more comfortable with how it works, and more thing are discovered., it might be easier to adapt your ideas into the world.
Well.... I think I know how to incorporate The Cataphract into the rp. The backbone of his backstory is that he is a Synthian whose family lived in a cottage, away from civilization and near a forest. His family always had a pet wolf that has been in the family for years..... until the day of its untimely demise. That wolf was special to the Cataphract, so he kept the skull of this wolf as a way of remembering his friend. Much moe years later, and at the age of 25, had been given a Wolf pup as gift from his parents, it was when at the age of 26, he left his home along with his Wolf companion and began to start a new life for theirselves, and what other place to start other than the Guild.

This is just the backbone, but if there is anything I need to change or explain in much further detail, I would be ready to do so.

Well.... I think I know how to incorporate The Cataphract into the rp. The backbone of his backstory is that he is a Synthian whose family lived in a cottage, away from civilization and near a forest. His family always had a pet wolf that has been in the family for years..... until the day of its untimely demise. That wolf was special to the Cataphract, so he kept the skull of this wolf as a way of remembering his friend. Much moe years later, and at the age of 25, had been given a Wolf pup as gift from his parents, it was when at the age of 26, he left his home along with his Wolf companion and began to start a new life for theirselves, and what other place to start other than the Guild.

This is just the backbone, but if there is anything I need to change or explain in much further detail, I would be ready to do so.

Uh, so far that seems fine. Yeah, just give more details of his actual life in the backstory, and I don't see any issue with it--just a wolf tamer, and that certainly is not uncommon in the Guild.

Also as a heads up for my post, this is not exactly a 1:1 of Vin's gear--a lot less bulky and a lot less armor pieces--but its a pretty decent example to at least get a visual idea of what he's wearing.
Thanks Ozen! Basically, you can't really see his face, and yes, he has the bowl hat cause I like it.

WO7Itma.jpg

Source: オーゼン

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back