• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild of El'yssi OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Also I am going to probably get the main thread up and going tomorrow. I'll set up everyone's invitation as a Seeker in a single go, so if your character is accepted, you can get started with your journey over to the Land of the Guild that I have totally forgotten to name and add to the lore...whoops...

What is Afrevresi's stance of slavery?

Slavery does not exist outright. I would think of them more like indentured servants to other inventors, companies, and so forth--mostly true in the case of people who've gone bankrupt, owe a huge debt, and so forth. There is also a decent population of urchins and poverty-stricken slums in Afrevresi cities, especially their capital Pokos. Not everyone strikes rich as a good inventor or leader.

another question! it's mentioned that thauri mature earlier than other races- about what age do they consider adulthood, and what's the other races perceptions on their younger maturing rate?

another question! it's mentioned that thauri mature earlier than other races- about what age do they consider adulthood, and what's the other races perceptions on their younger maturing rate?

I really need to find where to start adding all this granular information 😆
The Thauri are usually considered an adult around 2-4 years. You could consider them a younger teenager at that age. They will continue to grow and mature over the next several more years; however, that's the age they begin their role in a village/start getting competitive with others. This is in comparison to the other races where a teen is what you'd normally consider a teen to be.

If there is any significant racial prejudice in El'yssi its towards the Thauri. They have a stigma of being overly violent and aggressive. And when you also consider how primitive their civilization is, you can also see where more of these negative connotations stem from.

Playing as a Thauri def is a unique experience!

Guess there would be a form of "why don't the others become civilized like us" type of thing with the Synths...

Guess there would be a form of "why don't the others become civilized like us" type of thing with the Synths...

You aren't wrong. IF we had to label anyone, the Synthian and the Southern Soeri would be the most prejudiced race--the latter for their religious fanaticism with the royal family, the former as you explained. Neither are so bad that any nation is on the brink of war or even close for that matter, but there are some elements of underlying tensions.

And do note, that all these low-level interactions and facts don't need to known prior to starting the rp. The entire seeker phase is meant to be a tutorial of sorts. I plan to include enough interactions that will get you accustomed to the world and hopefully stimulate your characters growth in an interesting way. Just be your..character's self? and all should go well!

Question! How does the Afévresi education system work?

Well, there are a few scenarios that could happen. At the bare minimum, every child that doesn't live as a slum urchin would be placed into a public education system that is financed through a general tax on the populace. Those who are born into well off families would find themselves placed into better, private education systems, but either way the core experience would be relatively the same.

Education begins around three or four years of age, where they learn speaking, reading, and the foundation of maths. By time they are eight through ten years old, they are expected to knowledgeable at a foundation of politics, engineering, math, eloquence, and trade. From here, a child's life would then different based upon their parents. A merchant's child would begin apprenticeship with another trading company, and would continue to do so until they were deemed "graduated". Children of engineers would find themselves apprenticing at their parent's company, shop, or finding another source to do so. Similarly, it would continue until they graduated, after which they could try and get a loan for their own shop, continue to work at their apprenticeship, etc.

Orikanyo Orikanyo this is probably good info for you as well!

Well, there are a few scenarios that could happen. At the bare minimum, every child that doesn't live as a slum urchin would be placed into a public education system that is financed through a general tax on the populace. Those who are born into well off families would find themselves placed into better, private education systems, but either way the core experience would be relatively the same.

Education begins around three or four years of age, where they learn speaking, reading, and the foundation of maths. By time they are eight through ten years old, they are expected to knowledgeable at a foundation of politics, engineering, math, eloquence, and trade. From here, a child's life would then different based upon their parents. A merchant's child would begin apprenticeship with another trading company, and would continue to do so until they were deemed "graduated". Children of engineers would find themselves apprenticing at their parent's company, shop, or finding another source to do so. Similarly, it would continue until they graduated, after which they could try and get a loan for their own shop, continue to work at their apprenticeship, etc.

Thank you for the answer! I've got one more question ⁠— ⁠which age do students generally graduate at?

Thank you for the answer! I've got one more question ⁠— ⁠which age do students generally graduate at?

Depends. Prodigies sometime graduate in the early teens, i'd say the average age of adulthood starts around 15 or 16 though. Any later and you risk being seen as...beneath others.

Even in a fantasy world.

one cannot escape student debt

okay another question about thauri (cause idk if it's obvious from my questions but i'm definitely making a thauri lol), but in terms of appearance on a scale of like, human to animal, with human being 1 and animal being 10, where would thauri lie?

I would probably consider like a 5 to be like... they have fur all over their bodies, humanoid hands but digitigrade legs/paws, but their faces are more flat like a humanoid though still with animal-like features, if that makes sense? Higher (maybe a 7?) I would consider more like say a traditional tabaxi from dnd in terms of their head shape because it's a strictly animalistic head though sometimes with hair. (I don't think they would be lower, but I would probably see lower as more specific areas covered in fur as opposed to full body, potentially more humanoid feet, less fur on faces, etc)

sorry if that doesn't make much sense, i'm just trying to get a feel for their appearance, especially in regards to heads/faces!

okay another question about thauri (cause idk if it's obvious from my questions but i'm definitely making a thauri lol), but in terms of appearance on a scale of like, human to animal, with human being 1 and animal being 10, where would thauri lie?

I would probably consider like a 5 to be like... they have fur all over their bodies, humanoid hands but digitigrade legs/paws, but their faces are more flat like a humanoid though still with animal-like features, if that makes sense? Higher (maybe a 7?) I would consider more like say a traditional tabaxi from dnd in terms of their head shape because it's a strictly animalistic head though sometimes with hair. (I don't think they would be lower, but I would probably see lower as more specific areas covered in fur as opposed to full body, potentially more humanoid feet, less fur on faces, etc)

sorry if that doesn't make much sense, i'm just trying to get a feel for their appearance, especially in regards to heads/faces!

I'd say your idea of a 7 sounds bout right. The Thauri and the Northern Soeri are def the least humanoid out of all of the human race variants. If you've ever played Guild Wars 2, their Char race could be a decent reference of a cat-based Thauri.

charr.png

Can thauri be something like centaur and arachne? How about non-mammal thauri like birds, reptiles or insects?

Ooh this is so exciting! We have actual quests written out and whatnot! I want to post but I feel like I should wait a bit for more people to make their character 🤔 I'm kind of unsure on how to start as well..

Ooh this is so exciting! We have actual quests written out and whatnot! I want to post but I feel like I should wait a bit for more people to make their character 🤔 I'm kind of unsure on how to start as well..

Well, start off by doing whatever you were normally doing in life. You sent in your guild application few weeks back. Hoping to hear from em, and bam Omen Speaker. You'll know its coming, not only because of how it sounds, but also because it just instills fear into people--especially people that have likely never encountered one. If you can break it guise, then you got a map of where to go, and then I'll be starting all the people who make it (hopefully everyone 🤣 ) with their trials.

But yes, there is technically no rush until more characters are done. I can't really start a trial until there is at least 2 of you lol.

alright got something up! hope they're alright ^^
And very much accepted. I'm happy to see a Thauri! Wasn't sure how people would take to them being naturally prejudiced against. Same starting rules apply as explained above. Your living your life, Omen Speaker gonna say hi, succeed at the quest, and you can make your way to Genroi.

Oh and do make sure to get your Misc traits filled out. I do need those for plot reasons, especially fears :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back