• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild of El'yssi [OOC]

Azukai

Zuki
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
135785834f0ba12a5c.png

| Wiki | Main Thread | Sign ups |

Welcome to El'yssi

~~~
For centuries on end, many species have gone against the harsh realities of mother nature, yet only a few have risen to claim the land and sea. The human race stands proud amongst these species--namely due to our unique evolution that led to our colonization of the El'yssian realm. Yet even with such a feat bestowed upon our name, we remain but an insignificant speck in the grand scheme of the unknown.

Five percent...

This is the estimated fraction of the world that has been documented by the six great nations of our race. Within our records, there are countless species ranging from the smallest of critters to the greatest of beasts that reign the seas. Yet in the scope of all life, our accomplishments are nothing more than another record to stain the history of the land. To some, the idea of such self-triviality is a fearful prospect; however, for many, the fantasy of the unknown spurs a greater sense of purpose.

Glory, fame, wealth, and knowledge...

Decades of expeditions have been fueled by the conflicting passions of our race. Yet in light of such differential goals, a single emotion has remained consistent across the generations of our kind....That emotion is curiosity...

Curiosity has instilled us with an insatiable hunger that drives us to the corners of the world in search of the answers that we seek. It is curiosity that has spurred us to the ruins of our ancestors in search for the origin of our kind. It is curiosity which has forced us to look to the future and wonder what potential awaits us still. It is curiosity which has forged the key to Pandora’s Box and has lit the torch for our limitless journey into that which lies beyond.

Last edited:
The forests of Dazkla
v_YVqcy_P.jpg
Wiki Introduction
~~~
A somewhat unique element of this roleplay is its utilization of a wiki. Although it might seem strange at first, there are two reasons for this choice of information store. The first is for a clean presentation of the world and its lore. Secondly, it is meant to act as a database and journal for each player who participates. As aforementioned, exploration is a key foundation of this roleplay. To facilitate this experience, players are given the opportunity to document their findings and leave a lasting impression on the ever growing world. With that being said, the Guilds of El'yssi is not a true "open-world" experience as players will be bound by a plot that stretches the length of the roleplay; however, there will be plenty of opportunities for players to influence and mold the story at will.

Find the wiki here: Link

How to use the Wiki
~~~

1. Character page: If your character sheet is accepted into the role-play, then you will also be created a character page on the Wiki. Feel free to use this space as a journal for your journeys. You can document your interactions with other players, npcs; or document your finds & development. This section is optional and is entirely up to you!

2. El'yssi Database: The database is one of two core components for the roleplay. It is here that you will add information to the world based on the several categories that exist. If you encounter a new fauna, discover a new item or relic, and so forth; you will add it to this section with however much knowledge you have on the object. Other people can contribute to any item, so feel free to make any log as descriptive as you'd like it to be.

3. World Atlas: This section is the second core component and will contain any maps that are provided across the length of the roleplay. The Atlas is divided into each nation of El'yssi, and any location that any member of the cast visits will be added to the corresponding nation with its corresponding map. Any information that is discovered and considered "need to know" about an area can be added under the appropriate map as a later reminder for potential future visits.

*** Lastly, please do not feel overwhelmed or pressured to figure out how to work the Wiki. Above all, I want all members of the cast to enjoy the roleplay and its story. The unique nuances concerning the Wiki are simply a feature meant to exemplify the sense of exploration and documentation of discovery.

Last edited:
Southern Gate of Kryorra
OEe_H3u_T.jpg

Posting Expectations
~~~
The Guild of El'yssi is an intermediate to advanced roleplay. It is not required to demonstrate professional levels of writing; however, there is a baseline expectation of skill to meet. First and foremost, characters who have been obviously blessed by the omnipotent gods of El'yssi WILL NOT be accepted under any circumstance. This is not to say your characters must be fragile leaves waiting to be withered, but they must be fantastically realistic in execution, adhere to the lore of their race and the world, and have some form of engaging depth.

In terms of the posts, themselves, there is no hard requirement to meet. All that is expected is a quality post that properly addresses what is occurring in the scene that your character is involved in. This is not to say that one liners are expected or even allowed; however, a mix of small to large is perfectly fine so long as you adequately contribute to the ever growing world and story.

Lastly the rate at which we post will be determined by the majority of the cast. I am content with posting everyday to every other day and so forth.

For simple clarification; all of the presented races are the sub-races of 'human', correct? (I do see that on a number of logs it states things like 'unlike the other variants of humans.... original appearance of humanity..'. Furthermore backed by the simple fact that there is no 'race' called 'human' listed within the wiki.)

- Simply looking at the playing field, as the lack of 'race' in the skeleton makes me explore a bit more. I like to poke around and then ask potentially obvious questions. It's better to seem uneducated than to miss a chance due to stubbornness.

Last edited:
For simple clarification; all of the presented races are the sub-races of 'human', correct? (I do see that on a number of logs it states things like 'unlike the other variants of humans.... original appearance of humanity..'. Furthermore backed by the simple fact that there is no 'race' called 'human' listed within the wiki.)

- Simply looking at the playing field, as the lack of 'race' in the skeleton makes me explore a bit more. I like to poke around and then ask potentially obvious questions. It's better to seem uneducated than to miss a chance due to stubbornness.

Yes that is correct; every "race" is a human variant that evolved to adapt to it's local environment. I probably should have done a general overview in the race section. Good call out!

Tried something new for my Character, let me know if anything needs to be changed! :)

Made a hot edit to Kypher's personality, he's no longer a borderline psychopath. xD

I had taken that personality from a diff character and I just realised it didn't quite fit what I was going for here.

I'll be doing the bio soonish. ^u^

I also made one small change, was running through my head so I just haaaad to put it in >.<

Azukai Azukai Which ranking in the guild would our characters start off as in the RP? As in like, are we allowed to write in that they've done all the requirements for explorer or something >w>7

Or do we start off before our characters joined the guild? >o>

Azukai Azukai Which ranking in the guild would our characters start off as in the RP? As in like, are we allowed to write in that they've done all the requirements for explorer or something >w>7

Or do we start off before our characters joined the guild? >o>

Gotta be babus from a Guild perspective. There is plot to be had! And perhaps humility to be delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back