• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Guild of Desperation

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
"I don't care if there is a thong stuck up your fat crack!" A booming voice roared, almost shaking the foundation of the castle, "I put you there to deal with the requests of this kingdom. DEAL WITH IT!!..........." The voice was like corrosive acid rain, and the man's bowed body and head was the only thing keeping it from showing on his face. He wanted to curl up into a ball, but they'd probably just say he looks enough like a ball as is. Damnit, the man thought, Why did I bother trying to start a guild. This is what happens when a knight retires, lets himself go, and then try to get back into things without training. "........or I'll have your fat rendered for the hogs, your blood for the alchemists, your skeleton for the necromancers, and your thumb of a head for public ridicule!"

Having no recourse and no rebuttal, the man kept his head down as he spoke. "Yes, my king. I will deal with it as quickly as I can." He felt absolutely spineless. Long gone are the days where being yelled at could be shrugged off as nonsense the moment he left their sight. This was the KING, Literal word of law, someone who could have him killed just because he didn't like him

"Get the fat out of your brain, Guildmaster. I'll grant you one last loan. Henceforth, if this guild requires a gold piece from my treasury for so much as a QUILL to write with, I'll send you back into retirement." Didn't take a detective to know the threat behind the words. It made him shudder.
"Yes, my king. I will return with good news and good news only."
"30 days starting from tomorrow, I want you in front of me the moment those gates open." The King stood up. "So let it be written, so let it be done." With a snort, the king took his leave. "DISMISSED!"

A piece of paper conjured in front of the man. Written on parchment, it was the orders to appear in front of the king in 30 days, with punishment for tardiness being 2 days imprisonment for each minute of tardiness, and missing it being assumed to be failure thus death. The royal scribe looked to the man. "Sorry, guildmaster," she said, "I hope your next 30 days bring about a turn of luck. This was to be written on Paralysis Parchment." The royal scribe was known to be fairly empathetic. However, she was a witch and her accursed words were used to write the king's word of law into words of power. If he missed appearing in the throne room, the curse in this parchment would have him paralyzed, likely to be dragged out and beheaded by the executioner.
The knight tapped his polearm against the throneroom floor. "You've been dismissed, guildmaster. Exit promptly." The voice was familiar, as was the location. A knight he was in charge of just a few years prior back when the knight was some starry-eyed initiate, standing where he himself stood a few years back from that, in his days as the King's Black Knight.

The man picked himself up and rolled up the Paralysis Parchment with the Lawful Order written on it. Whether he took it or not, it would find him so he may as well not pretend it doesn't exist.

So this RP is a fairly light-hearted RP about a rundown guild looking to build itself from the kingdom's errand guild to the King's Premier Warrior Guild. This guild is for the weak, or the ones who can't join any other guild. The power level is expected to be pretty low. No world-destroying stuff here. If you can take on a trained knight with ease, you are probably too strong for this guild as you'd have joined another guild. This is the Guild of Desperation, pretty much the errand guild for the kingdom.

Technology
Unless you are a dwarf, bow and blade is about all you have access to. This means no steampunk or developmental steampunk. Flintlock is too much of a hassle, so handle it at your own risk in battle

Things of Note (More will probably be added):
  • Low-Level Magic
  • No Divinity- Divinity in this world consists of Gods, Angels, Demons, and Dragons. This INCLUCES their descendants. No half-angels/demons/dragons
  • Stay in Genre- No Mass Effect Harvesters. I say this because it actually happened in one of my Fantasy RPs
In this RP, I expect characters to grow as the guild grows and rebuilds from their rundown stature. Besides the no divinity rule, I do allow most species.

Oh this sounds interesting. I like that we start at the low end, may I bring someone with water/ice powers, but keeping in theme he isn't good at using them. (I am thinking someone who goes to use ice and for a few seconds it starts that way but then it unfreeze into water, gets wet rather than freeze the enemy) and over the course of the rp they get better as does the guild?

Oh this sounds interesting. I like that we start at the low end, may I bring someone with water/ice powers, but keeping in theme he isn't good at using them. (I am thinking someone who goes to use ice and for a few seconds it starts that way but then it unfreeze into water, gets wet rather than freeze the enemy) and over the course of the rp they get better as does the guild?
That sounds fantastic. As the GM, I will absolutely exploit it, so make sure that your character grows to the ability to actually freeze their enemies
You are the exact player I need rn

Hi!!

My gosh yes!! Been wanting to play a loser kid for a good minute! Insta-wretched over here!

But need to know if OOC is on Discord?

interested!

hmmm... this might sound interesting
Just want to confirm that all of you are still on board before I begin making the threads

interested!

yes, I'm still interested :)

Yes I am still interested!

Here we go, peeps. For all interested:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back