• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Questing Thread))

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Showing off Background).png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing
"Is there anything in the ocean we don't run from on sight?" Leonidas laughed, slipping back into his usual joking personality. "Well there is enough out there you don't have to run from but dangerous things tend to show up a bit more. There are enough dangerous creatures and people on land as well, the ocean is much the same. Except that there are no forests and mountains separating us from the danger on the ocean, just a whole lot of water." He answered.

“So…uh, I guess it’s a good thing we are trying to wake up Eiru early then. Both for the training and just in case we need to make a daring escape with her help.” Leonidas nodded. "Something like that, though escaping from one of the pirate lords is an entirely different story compared to escaping from a simple sea serpent." He said, drumming his fingers on the bar.

"We'll have to go herb hunting in the morning, you two should go practice. I'll see what else I can find about zombie boat and Eiru's mana issue." Leonidas clicked his tongue. "I am offended to hear that you think we need practice." He said, keeping his expression serious for as long as he could manage before his mouth pulled into a grin.

"Really though," He said, placing his instrument case on the floor and crouching down beside it to retrieve his violin. "We'll be fine." He said confidently, motioning for Ruvo to follow him with a slight jerk of his head.

Once they arrived near a table towards the back of the inn Leonidas paused. "I told you before but I'm really not one for planning stuff out, so how about I do a bit of an introduction and after that I just pull you along in a song I just made up. It worked fine back on the ship so I'm sure we'll manage again." He said. "Sound good? Great, once I finish a song you can pull me along into one of yours." He added before stepping onto a table without waiting for an answer.

He quickly played a small tune to grab people's attention. "Yo everybody! You all are here early which means most of you will either already be completely smashed or way too sober to care for my name. Nevertheless, I shall give it anyway. I'm Leonidas, but y'all can call me Leo, y'all can call me whatever you want really, just refrain from calling me annoying, too many people already do and I'd hate for one of you fine patrons to be called unoriginal because of dear old me." He yelled with a wide grin.

"That over there is Ruvo," He said, nodding towards his partner. "I don't know what he prefers to be called so just use his name will ya? Either way, enough orating, let's get to the music, shall we?" He said, playing the first note of the song he had just made up.

Welcome, welcome, one and all
This venue's alright but it is rather small
You all are so quiet come make a sound
If you ain't drunk enough then go for a round
That aside let me tell what's in store
I'll tell you a tale you ain't heard before

We were sailing the seas on a ship swift as the wind
When out of the water rose a creature thick-skinned
A magnificent serpent the size of a tower
A fully-sized human it could surely devour
I wasn't afraid no I stood quite brave
My attacks hit the beast with the force of a tidal wave~

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars

"Something like that, though escaping from one of the pirate lords is an entirely different story compared to escaping from a simple sea serpent." That wasn’t very reassuring. If even escape would prove exceptionally difficult then it really would be best if they never crossed paths with one of these pirate lords.

"We'll have to go herb hunting in the morning, you two should go practice. I'll see what else I can find about zombie boat and Eiru's mana issue." “Sounds good to me.” He replied while giving a thumbs up listening to the playful banter between Leo and Ymir before heading to the back of the inn once the former had procured their violin.

"I told you before but I'm really not one for planning stuff out, so how about I do a bit of an introduction and after that I just pull you along in a song I just made up. It worked fine back on the ship so I'm sure we'll manage again." "That was a bit different, but I think I can make this work" he replied though it didn't seem like Leo paid much mind to what he said ."Sound good? Great, once I finish a song you can pull me along into one of yours." Ideally he would of liked to plan what song he want wanted to play, but it seemed he would just have to go with the flow on this one as Leo was already atop a table grabbing the attention of everyone with a quick tune before giving introductions. "That over there is Ruvo" He gave a quick wave to the audience. "I don't know what he prefers to be called so just use his name will ya? " "Ruvo works" he quickly interjected "Either way, enough orating, let's get to the music, shall we?" Leo's ability to make up song on the spot was truly impressive, his song started off describing the venue and its patrons before swiftly transitioning into the battle against the sea serpent back on the Scavenger. Matching Leo's tune without much difficulty Ruvo channeled some of his musical magic into the performance, boosting the weight behind Leo's words and replicating the sound of waves to to not only enhance the experience but to make it easier to imagine the nautical battle against the beast.

Then following Leo's instruction once the two had finished the song Ruvo took the lead in a song of his own where he sung of the removal of the plants that terrorized Sigmar. Ordinarily the retelling would of been rather unexciting as it was mostly a lot of monotonous hacking and slashing at vines, but Ruvo was sure to make some exaggerations and embellishments such as describing the vines as twisting together to form a wrathful monster that had to be cut down.

Last edited:
ymir_3_by_arumey_desyhu3-pre.jpg
Ymir
Mentions: RatKing RatKing Key of Stars Key of Stars
Their performance went well, all things considered. Ymir covered her face at their initial choice of a stage, quietly sinking into her seat as the rest of the bar cheered, but by the time they managed to reach the second song and still hadn't been thrown out she somewhat relaxed. The gnome like bartender watched the show between serving customers - not so much as a twitch visible beneath the bushy eyebrows though Ymir got the impression he was amused all the same. The dramatic retellings of sea monsters and beastly vines made for great tales despite the few stragglers who stumbled in part way through, soaking wet. The storm outside even did wonders for the dramatic atmosphere, lashing at the inn with sheets of water and rumbles of thunder. With Ruvo playing up the sounds in the background it became quite the spectacle.

In the end the crowd didn't seem willing to finish up at a mere two songs. Ymir grinned at the calls for an encore and promises of free drinks, glancing over when she noticed the bartender approach. He handed her two bags of 50 coins, which she took with some surprise, nodding at his instructions to give them to the boys in the morning with a promise she give it to the boys in the morning. Tucking the coins away, she decided it was probably about time to retire. Leo and Ruvo were still stuck in the middle of a very insistent crowd who weren't nearly drunk enough to be sidetracked, so without much fanfare she snuck off to the room she'd weedled the bartender into offering at a discount on. She'd of course made sure Leo and Ruvo had their own rooms to escape to, if they weren't drunk enough to sleep on the floor by the end of the night.

The Sacred Isles: Morning
e3696ead5ba6ef337e172583c170ca74.jpg

Mentions: Uasal Uasal SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Yahhah Yahhah
The morning dawned new and bright despite the furious storm of the night before. Members of the Salvager were up and moving around deck at first light - as if anyone could sleep with Scrapper barking orders from overhead anyway. Hanzel remained on the docks, giving more coherent directions to the recruits in between talking to other sailors about the condition of the isles. The guard were out in force once more, conducting inspections at random and making their presence known to anyone thinking of making trouble.

By the time Ymir touched down near the docks she'd already been up and around the island for quite a while. Having left the inn while the sky was still a starry stretch of blackness, after the storm had cleared but long before most of the world awoke, she had a working outline of the island's topography and a fairy garden's worth of mossy stones and flowers in her bag. She would need to show Eiru the wonderful place she found, tucked away in the bones of an ancient tree, but that would be later. For the time being she made her way to the lower decks where the rest of the night crew were still asleep.

Eiru was still settled peacfully on her bunk, but since the flat surface probably wouldn't stop anything from falling off Ymir moved her to one of the hammocks instead. Once the witch seemed to be laying comfortable Ymir started on emptying the contents of her bag into the sides, filling the hammock till Eiru was half buried in the mix of mossy rocks and tree seeds, flowers added for comfort along the sides. The end result looked somewhat like an oval coffin, but... Ymir shook her head, throwing up her hands as she headed above deck to spend the rest of the blessed time they had on shore.

She wasn't sure what time Leo and Ruvo would be there. She still had to give them their pay from the bartender, but in the meantime she made herself busy trying to pick out the other recruits she'd met, like the tall woman or the goblin. She had been surprised not to see Shephard at the inn the night before, though she supposed there were any number of taverns the commander could drink out of business. None as fun as the one they'd been at of course. Leo and Ruvo had started somewhat of a drunken revelry among the patrons, from what she had heard after she escaped upstairs.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Annoyed Background).png
Mentions: RatKing RatKing Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
Leonidas stumbled down the stairs, his hair pulled into a very messy version of the small ponytail from the day before. He groaned when his feet hit the floor of the tavern part of the inn. He raised an unsteady hand towards the bartender who responded with just a small nod, stoic as ever, though Leonidas could have sworn he saw a glimpse of amusement on the small-statured bartender's face as he stumbled towards the door.

He pushed the door open and immediately winced because of the sunlight. I'm never drinking that much again. He had wanted to take his leave way earlier into the night but at some point the patrons started offering free drinks and after accepting a few, logic had been thrown out the window. He vaguely remembered playing at least a dozen more songs, mostly famous sea shanties, while Ruvo... While Ruvo... No matter how hard he tried he couldn't remember whether or not his temporary musical partner had stayed as well or not.

He put his hand on his forehead and quickly muttered a small verse to alleviate some of his headache, spotting a bright red stain on the inside of his wrist that could just as well be lipstick as blood. He did vaguely remember punching someone, then again he also vaguely remembered being chased by a couple of girls. He shook his head, all things considered it was a full-blown miracle he himself and his violin had made it through the night unscathed.

He practically threw some of his money at a street vendor to get his hands on breakfast, too tired to argue or haggle about the outrageous price asked.

He dragged himself onto the scavenger a fair bit later, having managed to get lost on his way to the docks not just once but a grand total of three times. He immediately spotted Ymir standing on deck and walked over to her. "Hey, what a night huh?" He asked, raising his hand as greeting. "Funny story actually," He started with a smile. "I almost got arrested by the guards patrolling the docks because apparently, and I quote 'You look extremely shady'." He said, using an exaggerated accent while imitating the guard.

"I know I look a bit worse for wear at the moment but shady is going a bit far, no?" Admittedly he had noticed an unidentifiable stain matching the one on his wrist on his face when looking at his reflection in the blade of Ocean's Lullaby which either made it look like he had just committed murder or spent the entire night fooling around with women, neither of them a very favorable image to portray.

"Anyway," He said, moving on from the topic. "Is Eiru awake yet?"

Ashitaka IV

Nearby: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars
He had only ever used his waystone once, right after he got it, to see how it would feel to be displaced to a whole new location at the blink of an eye. Upon the transit, Ashitaka found himself so ridden with vertigo and motion sickness he nearly collapsed, but that was only the first time. Now, he knew to kneel down before using this little enchanted rock, as to lessen the effects of such rapid travel. Waystone traveling likely wouldn't become second nature to him, but it sure beat walking and sailing.

With the help of the waystone and a very detailed map, Ashitaka made his way to the "base camp" where his comrades supposedly awaited. After gathering his bearings and making sure that all of his essentials had survived transit, he took in his surroundings: People everywhere. Coming from such a small village, the camp seemed practically like a castle, complete with the dock, inn - there's an inn? Neat. - and a complete loss of direction. Pulling out the map, he was very much where he was supposed to be, but that still left the question of where everyone else was. After initial glances yielded no fruit, Ashitaka began sifting through the crowds of people to find his coworkers - had he a proper introduction, hopefully allies.

He had never really been this close to the sea before. It was still rather early, with the sun hanging only just above the horizon. The salty smell overwhelmed everything, although it wasn't really unpleasant. The air was cool, chilling the fabric of his eyepatch, and amidst all of this, Ashitaka was hopelessly lost. Thinking back to the quest poster -what was it again, was he looking for a boat? A person? Both? This certainly wasn't a good first impression to be making, but he remained calm, and kept looking. Perhaps if he just squinted his one eye really hard he could find somebody who stood out from the rest, someone like a fellow guild member.

Figuring that going somewhere was better than standing amid nowhere, he made his way towards the a boat at the dock. Along the side, though he was pretty far away, he could've swore the hull read Scavenger. First day on the job, and Ashitaka was already punching well above his own league: a Copper taking on a Silver quest. Well, the call did say "new and old," right? Besides, what's the worst that could happen?

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot
It was a wild night with cheers for encores and promises of drinks aplenty. While he wasn't one normally to drink all that much it was hard to resist the insistence of the patrons and the party like atmosphere that was created with their songs. Then before he knew it he may have had a drink or two too many. Waking up in the morning with a nasty headache and ruffled feathers, Ruvo clenched his head before cursing under his breath when he realized the time of day as rays of light peeked into the room he had been sleeping in. “How early did Hanzel say we would be departing?” he questioned himself as he quickly gathered his things. “Doesn’t matter I need to run” he muttered to himself with a sigh before exiting the room in a hurry. He didn’t recall paying for the room now that he thought about it, but maybe it was on the house or maybe Ymir had paid for it on his and Leo’s behalf. Speaking of Leo, was he already on the boat? And if not what room was he in? Ruvo couldn’t quite remember, the ending of the prior night was a bit of a blur.

Carefully and slowly down the stairs as to not trip, Ruvo flagged down the bartender from the night prior to see if he had seen his companions depart. Apparently both had already left which meant he could very well be late. Thanking the man for his help Ruvo began making his way toward the docks. “I was supposed to help with gathering the plants and herbs for Eiru, why didn’t they wake me up?” He asked rhetorically as he shielded his eyes as best as he could from the bright sunlight. He already knew the reason why, it was almost certainly because they didn’t want to disturb him in his sleep as he recovered from the party but he still couldn’t help but feel bad.

After some time walking Ruvo could spot the Scavenger. Luckily it was still docked, which meant he hadn’t been so late that they left without him. Passing a human man with an eyepatch who seemed to be looking at the Scavenger with some interest, Ruvo stepped aboard the deck of the boat where it would appear Leo and Ymir were gathered. “If you guys already gathered the plants, I’m sorry I wasn’t able to help. I knew I shouldn’t have accepted all those drinks last night”he said leaning up against the railing and catching his breath.

1639230861644.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Eiru had been out cold since the incident and had it not been for the efforts of Ymir she likely still would have been for quite some time. Stirring slowly from her slumber Eiru lay in her mossy tomb, eyes staring blankly at the wooden roof. An overbearing sense of fatigue still plagued her small body and her mind was dense with fog but at least she was now conscious. Laying still in the hammock Eiru's eyes slowly began to wander to the room itself and she quickly found her focus stolen by her very own broom. The very same broom that was currently hovering a few feet from the base of her bed, its bristles wagging like a dog who was waiting to be addressed by its owner. Smiling softly Eiru mustered her energy to address the broom in a hushed tone "You did a good job, not only did you clean u but you watched over me while I slept. Good boy".

That little bit of encouragement was all Eiru's broom needed to begin bouncing up and down on the spot excitedly. Laughing softly until her laughter turned to a series of coughs Eiru spoke again "Alright, alright I get it. Relax, you did a good job. I'll get you a new set of bristles when the opportunity arises so please, stop making me laugh". Laying her head back into the hammock Eiru inspected the collection of plants and rocks around her, a small smile creeping onto her face "Honestly, humans are such strange creatures... Half these plants aren't even native to this region, that damn Ymir. I'll be sure to pay her back for this". With That Eiru closed her eyes and tried to rest some more, her broom nestling in beside her.
Sylph Sylph

Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot
"I know I look a bit worse for wear at the moment but shady is going a bit far, no?"

"To be fair," she drawled, considering his appearance after he'd joined her on deck, "-if you're going to rob the local baker's shop you should at least try to hide the evidence." The red mark on his face looked suspiciously like the remains of a tart, or at least she hoped so, since the alternative meant he hadn't so much as glanced in a mirror before leaving the inn and...

Covering her face with a hand, her shoulders shook as she watched him pull out his new weapon to inspect the reflection. Nevermind.

"Anyway," he said, after a span of silence only broken by waves and birdcall and her muffled snickers. "Is Eiru awake yet?"

Recomposing herself took some effort, smothering the grin that threatened to break out upon noticing the stain on his face wasn't the only one. She somewhat regretted heading to bed early, or at least not asking one of the staff for a recount of the night before she left that morning.

"With any luck she should be soon," Ymir managed, glancing to the side as she noticed a distinctive head feather bobbing along the pier. She had to recompose herself all over when Ruvo finally hurried into view with his feathers all askew, running short on breath as he joined them on deck. Out of coutesy she managed not to laugh. It wasn't quite as obvious, but she had a feeling Ruvo put as much stock into his appearance as Leo did - if not more, given the plumage - and he'd be mortified enough with the situation without her adding to it.

“If you guys already gathered the plants, I’m sorry-" He said most of it in one breath despite his state, seeming genuinely upset by the situation. "-I wasn’t able to help. I knew I shouldn’t have accepted all those drinks last night.”

"Oh, don't worry about that," Ymir said, waving the notion away. "Leo and I go drinking every other night. I'm sorry to say I missed most of the party, but... oh, that's right-" Recalling something she reached into her bag for the two pouches of coins, chucking the first one to Ruvo. "The barkeep passes along his compliments. I think he was pretty happy with how the night turned out." [+50 Coin]

She paused before giving the next, significantly smaller satchel to Leo, the hints of a telltale grin present in her expression as she dropped it in his hands. "Sadly, there was a 30 coin courier fee for yours." [+20 Coin] Petty? Perhaps; but she did have a promise she'd yet to follow through on.

Regardless of his reaction, it wasn't long afterwards that Ymir spied an unfamiliar face along the pier. Long hair that wasn't typical of most of the sailors she'd seen in the region, and one eye covered in a rather... piratey fashion. It wouldn't have been anything more than a passing observation if she hadn't also caught sight of the paper in their hands. And that was definitely a picture she was familiar with.

"Hey there- eyepatch!" Stepping past Leo she joined Ruvo at the railing, getting a better look at the unfamiliar person holding one of their guild maps. "You all good down there?" Her grin was friendly enough, but there were several other guild members she had yet to see that morning, and it wasn't uncommon for bags of holding to go... missing. Base camp was a long way from the main hall where she expected newer members to hang out. "You seem lost."

Ashitaka IV
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars RatKing RatKing
Ashitaka breathed a huge sigh of relief once he realized somebody had found him. Lost no longer, he made his way towards the deck, carefully weaving through the steady stream of people. "As a matter of fact, I am!" He called back. "You have an incredible sense of timing. I was just about to start asking for directions." Now on deck, he could finally get a good glimpse of his compatriots, all three of them. "Judging at how easily you picked me out of a crowd, I guess it's not an unjust assumption that you all are guild members?" He met the woman who called out with a thankful smile.

Now turning to all of the members, he decided a brief introduction would probably be necessary. "I joined yesterday, roughly, depending on what time it is. If nothing else, I was hoping to run into some fellow members - after all, it's probably best to know who I'm working with." With that, he tucked his scabbard to the side and gave a small bow. "My name is Ashitaka the Fourth - or if that's hard to say, just Ashitaka, or Ashi. Is there still work to be done here, or am I too late to the party?"

Mentions: Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot
"To be fair, if you're going to rob the local baker's shop you should at least try to hide the evidence." He stared at her for a moment, confusion written all over his face. "Oh," Well maybe, it could be, after all, he had no recollection of the previous night. He swiped at the stain on his face before popping the finger in his mouth. Nope, no, definitely not. He still wasn't sure what it was but it was definitely not leftovers from something tasty. "Let's just forget about that for now." He settled on, wiping at the stain on his face with the back of his hand.

He crossed his arms as he waited for her to recompose herself and answer his question, giving her an annoyed glare. "It's not that funny, is it? I've looked worse... maybe." He said, slowly wiping at the stain on his wrist. "With any luck she should be soon," He nodded. "Good, I'll ask her to teach me when she does, though it might have to wait for a bit seeing as we're sailing out soon." He said, following her gaze to spot Ruvo.

“If you guys already gathered the plants, I’m sorry I wasn’t able to help. I knew I shouldn’t have accepted all those drinks last night” Leonidas slowly shook his head. "You and me both buddy, don't think I even drank too much more than normal but they served some weird stuff." He side-eyed Ymir, for some reason she seemed to think Ruvo didn't deserve to be laughed at unlike him.

"The barkeep passes along his compliments. I think he was pretty happy with how the night turned out." Leonidas extended his hand. "Well, that might somewhat make up for the amount I paid to get my hands on breakfast this morning. Wait... Why is mine so small?" He said, eyeing Ymir suspiciously. "Sadly, there was a 30 coin courier fee for yours." He grumbled. "Of course there was, you're lucky I am still too tired to argue."

Leonidas stayed quiet as Ymir called out to the man on the docks, only jumping into the conversation when the man stepped foot on deck. "Judging at how easily you picked me out of a crowd, I guess it's not an unjust assumption that you all are guild members?" He smiled. "You're not wrong, though right now I'd say I'm more of a sailor than anything." He joked.

"I joined yesterday, roughly, depending on what time it is. If nothing else, I was hoping to run into some fellow members - after all, it's probably best to know who I'm working with." Leonidas nodded. "Might be a long shot but you wouldn't happen to have met the guild's receptionist Kathlyn? And if so she wouldn't have happened to give you some medicine?" He still hadn't forgotten the awful taste of the chewing stick Hanzel had given him and he had a feeling that wasn't the last time he'd run out of mana this expedition.

"My name is Ashitaka the Fourth - or if that's hard to say, just Ashitaka, or Ashi. Is there still work to be done here, or am I too late to the party?" He held out his hand. "Leonidas Ho- Uhhh... Leo, I'm Leo. I don't normally look so... let's go with unkempt, I had some... things, going on yesterday you see. Good to meet you Taka, you mind me calling you that? It has a certain ring to it, doesn't it? I don't about any work right here but the expedition is far from over."

Ashitaka IV
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph (indirect)

"Might be a long shot but you wouldn't happen to have met the guild's receptionist Kathlyn? And if so she wouldn't have happened to give you some medicine?" Ashitaka pondered that for a moment before quickly sifting through his "bag of holding" - only to come up empty, aside from the map and waystone. "Sorry, I have nothing. We only spoke briefly, and she didn't mention medicine as far as I know." He made a mental note of the request, wondering what he might need medicine for - was he a magic user? He wouldn't be the first or last, Ashitaka had learned the hard way that he was more of the exception than the rule when it came to magic.

Upon Leonidas' introduction, he grasped his hand firmly and gave it a shake. "Taka." It wasn't the first time he had been called that, although the last time he bore such a moniker was well over a decade ago. He could still remember the kid who teased him mercilessly during his school years. Even so, knowing that "Leo" most likely meant well, he decided it would be best to let it slide. No harm done. "I don't know about any work right here but the expedition is far from over." Ashitaka breathed a small sigh of relief. "Good, then I'm not too late. Had me worried for a moment."

Ymir
Mentions: RatKing RatKing Key of Stars Key of Stars BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot Uasal Uasal
Leo must have been awful tired not to argue about the money. It almost made her feel bad until she recalled why she was trying to make his life difficult and then the whole issue got pushed to the side.

"My name is Ashitaka the Fourth - or if that's hard to say, just Ashitaka, or Ashi."

"Leonidas Ho- Uhhh... Leo, I'm Leo. I don't normally look so... let's go with unkempt." Ymir snickered to herself in the background and refrained from making any extra comments."I had some... things, going on yesterday you see. Good to meet you Taka, you mind me calling you that? It has a certain ring to it, doesn't it?"

She did think Taka sounded nice, in this case, but the habit of using people's latter syllables seemed to be a larger trend in the cities. Where she came from didn't use it much, but she'd heard Akeldama called 'Dama', and Kathlyn was 'Lyn' to some of the other members. It might explain the brief flicker of uncertainty in Ashitaka's expression. Ymir didn't really know what the reasoning was for it, whether it was a sign of respect or mere whim.

"I'm Ymir," she said, shrugging. "I make the maps."

"Is there still work to be done here, or am I too late to the party?" At the very least she didn't think he had any ill intent, considering Leo seemed open enough.

"We can talk to the quartermaster," she said. Hanzel was the one in charge of the outsiders on the voyage. She led them both down to the docks where Hanzel was discussing weather conditions with the other sailors, and after getting his confirmation they were tasked with helping prepare for departure. Ruvo was in particualrly high demand, considering several of the barrels needed repairs after yesterday's events.

It was some hours later, after the supplies had been loaded and all the supports checked, the sails were hoisted and Scrapper screeched directions as they departed from the bay on the next leg of their journey. The group had migrated to the cabins below deck where lines of hammocks were strung up between the support beams. One of them was filled with rocks and flowers and a small, sleeping figure with a broom tucked in at her side. Ymir by that point was looking distinctly green, leaning against one of the posts as she gestured faintly around the communal area.

"And these are the sleeping quarters," she said, which pretty much concluded their tour. "You'll be expected to work at times but apart from that we're free to do as we wish." They were well out onto the open waters, which Ymir was trying to ignore with limited success. She hadn't heard a single good thing about their next destination, and the ocean remained a watery depth of horrors as far as she was concerned.

At least she was doing better than yesterday, though she'd forgotten to take Kathlyn's sea-sickness remedy beforehand and was paying the price while she waited for it to kick in. She glanced sidelong at the Eiru. Wondering whether she should have gone for more branches or leaves to add to the mix.

"How come you decided to come along on this anyway?" she said to Ashitaka. Despite the eyepatch most of his clothes didn't match what she saw the other sailors wearing. "Y'know, since clearly you weren't kidnapped and dragged aboard."

Ashitaka IV
Mentions: Sylph Sylph

What followed after Ashitaka's brief introduction to both Ymir and Leo was effectively a morning of hauling. He spent a few hours - he stopped keeping track after two - hauling supplies up and down a narrow walkway onto the ship. It was fairly easy and straightforward, almost nostalgic, bringing him back to his days as a courier. Even with all of this, it wasn't effortless, and it was immediately clear to him that there were men and women far stronger than him aboard the vessel - not to say that he was weak, but that he had a lot to prove.

The smell of salt infiltrated every single crevice of the ship. There was no escaping it. It wasn't a bad or unpleasant scent, but it was certainly overwhelming at first, having lived almost his entire life on grassy plains. Terra firma would always be his home. There was no denying that the view was something else, even if there wasn't much to see: it had been at least a handful of years since he had last seen the ocean. It was beautiful.

Ymir was looking visibly green. While Ashitaka didn't get seasick, he had to remind himself that not everyone he knew had the fortitude to endure his cousin's gods-awful sailing. By now he had followed the rest of his compatriots to the lower deck, to what looked like a storage deck - no, this was the quarters. He had never slept in a hammock before, but it couldn't have been worse than sleeping off the beaten path, and he wasn't about to complain regarding the living situation.

"You'll be expected to work at times but apart from that we're free to do as we wish." He nodded briefly in understanding. Ashitaka most likely was going to keep to himself and try to ignore the scent of salt breaking into every corner of the ship, but changed plans upon seeing Ymir approach. "How come you decided to come along on this anyway? Y'know, since clearly you weren't kidnapped and dragged aboard."

Thankfully, the answer was fairly straightforward. "Money, experience, opportunity, adventure, the same things that lured me to the guild in the first place." He shrugged. "Promise of reward or otherwise, it doesn't change the fact that the fastest way to get better at something is to dive head first into it. You all - or I suppose, the guild as a whole - seem competent enough. I figured there'd be nothing much too dangerous, even if I'm a bit out of my league." He offered a small smile, rubbing the space around his eyepatch. "What I wasn't prepared for was the salt. The smell gets everywhere."

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot

"Oh, don't worry about that," Wha-?" Ruvo questioned not quite expecting his lack of assistance to not be a problem . "Leo and I go drinking every other night. I'm sorry to say I missed most of the party, but..." "You don't have to apologize, we all had---" "Oh, that's right-" the bard's sentence was cut short as a pouch of coins was chucked at him. Not expecting to have something thrown at him Ruvo nearly didn't catch the pouch which would of been problematic if it had managed to sail past him and off the side of the boat. Letting out a sigh of relief Ruvo turned his attention back to Ymir "The barkeep passes along his compliments. I think he was pretty happy with how the night turned out." "Well I'm glad to hear he enjoyed the music, it was good night". Tucking away the coins into his bag of holding he then started to fix up some of his feathers. Properly taking care of them would take time that he would have to spend later but for now he could straighten some of the more prominent feathers that were askew. While preening his feathers it seemed that once again Ymir and Leo had some playful banter to exchange with another. This time about a 'courier' fee that was deducted from Leo's payment.

"Hey there- eyepatch!" Ruvo turned around to see who the cartographer was calling out to and saw the man with the eyepatch he had spotted earlier on his way to the Salvager. Apparently the man had joined the guild just the other day and was quite thankful for being spotted and assured that this was the expedition ship before introducing himself as Ashitaka the Fourth as well as a few nicknames just in case those were easier to remember or pronounce. "I'm Ruvo Steelfeather, it's good to meet you Ashitaka." he said before being called over by some of the crew to fix up barrels and other crates that were suffered damage from the sea monster attack. "If you guys need me I'll be fixing barrels" he said before getting to work.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Casual Background).png
Mentions: Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot
"We can talk to the quartermaster," Leonidas groaned. "Do we have to? Can we not just take it easy for once?" Ymir didn't answer, leading the way for Ashitaka to follow her. Leonidas sighed. "Could have just said no." He mumbled, before trailing behind her. They were tasked with helping for departure, which, if you asked Leonidas, was a bit of a broad task really. He took the opportunity of being on the dock close to the water to blow some water in his face using wind magic which made him look somewhat more presentable.

"If you guys need me I'll be fixing barrels" Leonidas nodded. "Sure, if you guys need me I'll be slacking off..." He sighed at the looks he got. "Fine, I'll help, I'll help, stop looking at me like you're going to throw me overboard already." He relented. "Stupid ship doesn't even make preparations itself." He mumbled under his breath, missing how easy sailing on the blue avenger had been.

"And these are the sleeping quarters," Leonidas plopped himself down in the hammock he had claimed for himself. "And thank god for that, if I had to lift one more box I would have been out like a light like Eiru over there. Speaking of, isn't it kind of unfair she just gets to sleep while we work? Think she'll take a shift of mine when she wakes up?" He mused, dangling his legs over the edge of his hammock.

"Y'know, since clearly you weren't kidnapped and dragged aboard." He weakly raised his hand in objection. "That's not what-" He paused. No, to be honest, that was actually kind of exactly what happened. He slowly lowered his hand, not even making an attempt at salvaging his sentence.

"Promise of reward or otherwise, it doesn't change the fact that the fastest way to get better at something is to dive head first into it. You all - or I suppose, the guild as a whole - seem competent enough. I figured there'd be nothing much too dangerous, even if I'm a bit out of my league." Leonidas poked his head out from the hammock. "I'm not too sure about that last part. The sea hides quite a few dangerous things and we," He pointed towards himself and Ymir. "Seem to be great at attracting said danger."

He waved his hand around in a dismissive motion. "It's fine though, it's not like we'll run into one of the pirate lords and normal pirates aren't exactly something to be all too afraid of." He plopped his head back down. "Well, wake me up when something interesting happens."

1640454259347.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

As Eiru lay asleep in her hammock, nestled closely by her broom, her mind began to wander. Not to a peaceful or entertaining dream state but instead to the depths of what she could only assume was the ocean. Weightless and breathless she found herself floating above a picturesque marble temple, submerged so deep underwater no light dared to touch its mortar. Corals illuminated the seabed dimly but deep within the arched masonwork Eiru could see small orbs of artificial light highlight the building elegance and majesty. How strange it was, a temple from the depths, illuminated by strange forces yet barren of worshippers or guards.

Moving forward Eiru approached the pristine aquamarine gates, gates that seemed to welcome her inside all on their own to the little witches surprise. Floating through Eiru slowly made her way inside, carefully examining every nook she passed by for some semblance of understanding. By the time she reached the inner chamber through her peaceful tour had come to an end. Standing before the alter Eiru was suddenly brought to her knees by an unbearable downward bearing force. A force the likes of which she had only experienced once before in her life. A force that made her stomach churn and skin crawl.

As the small witch crouched before the alter her discomfort quickly turned to pain and the pristine temple walls that surrounded her soon came to warp and tear, closing in on her as they decayed and crumbled. In a state of agony and panic Eiru let out a silent scream into the ocean waters but no sound would present itself. Finally looking up to the alter Eiru's eyes went wide, tears turning to blood as she locked eyes with the lost Fae relic she had hoped would never resurface. Floating in the water before her was a blood-stained spear made of sea monster bones. With thorns like a rose littering its grotesque form. Eiru was unable to scream but as her focus shifted to the spear itself she found her very mind itself flooded with the agonising screams of thousands. It was unbearable, so much so that after a brief few seconds she blacked out. The last thing she witnessed through her fading sight was the spear impaling her heart.

Shooting upright in a cold sweat Eiru knocked the collection of rocks and such from around her to the floor, her scream finally being vocalised now in the real world. It was the bloodcurdling scream of one who had lost all hope and given into their own demise. Moving a hand to her chest Eiru patted herself several times to ensure she had not in fact been skeward by a spear. Taking a number of deep breaths Eiru flopped back down into her Hammock and let out a sigh that seemed mixed with both a sense of relief and defeat. "Sirens Watch... Impossible". At this point, Eiru's broom was cowering in the corner among a collection of normal brooms.
Key of Stars Key of Stars Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal Sylph Sylph BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot
A good few hours had passed and it would seem most of the guild members were now gathered in the sleeping quarters though some were still about taking care of their work. Ruvo himself had completed the bulk of the work needed to patch-up the damaged barrels and crates from their battle against the sea serpent, and was now taking a break to take care of some much needed grooming. Keeping his plumage properly maintained was something rather important to the avian bard as he felt he garnered more respect as a story teller and musician if he didn't look disheveled. Plus his mother would never approve of his feathers being kept all ruffled and askew. While preening his feathers, Ruvo couldn't help but overhear some of the conversation between his fellow guild members. Talk such as Ymir asking the eye patched man named Ashitaka why he was joining the expedition or Leo commenting on how they seem to attract danger. "It's fine though, it's not like we'll run into one of the pirate lords and normal pirates aren't exactly something to be all too afraid of." "I sure hope you're right, I don't want to ever cross paths with one of those pirate lords" he commented hoping that they didn't somehow jinx themselves into encountering a pirate lord in the future. But who knows, maybe if they did it would be a friendly pirate lord? Those exist right?

Ruvo continued fixing his feathers for a few more minutes before abruptly stopping as the sound of a bloodcurdling scream and the clattering of rocks hitting the ground rung out. Breathing heavily after jumping up in a brief surge of panic and with an accidentally plucked feather in hand Ruvo looked over to see that the source of the chilling scream was from Eiru who had been sleeping soundly just a moment ago. "Sirens Watch... Impossible" he didn't know what to make of what they just said, maybe it was a nightmare or perhaps something worse. "Eiru, ar-are you alright?" he asked worried that there may be something amiss with the witch.

Last edited:
Ymir

Mentions: RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot Key of Stars Key of Stars
Ymir nearly jumped three feet at the ear-splitting screech beside her, taking a moment to realise just who it had come from. Eiru sat ramrod straight in her hammock, several rocks and flowers tumbling away across the floor. Ymir had forgotten completely what she'd been about to say. Her first thought was there must have been something crawling around in the hammock after all, but then Eiru decided to lay back so that couldn't be it. Ymir let out the breath she'd been holding, glancing over at Leo. "Still want me to wake you up from that nap?"

"Eiru, ar-are you alright?" Ruvo, the ever considerate, was the first to approach the muttering witch. Despite her sudden... outburst, there didn't seem to be anything wrong, though it probably wasn't the best first impression for Ashitaka, who was entirely new to the group.

"That one's Eiru by the way..." she explained to the newer member. She'd somewhat glossed over the flower-coffin-hammock thing in the introductions. "She's... uh- usually a little more put together than this." Ymir still had no explanation for why Eiru had woken up screaming, and half the crew seemed to be poking their head in from the deck with the exact same question. Waving the onlookers away with promises everything was fine, Ymir turned back to the group with a frown.

"Want to explain what that was all about?" she said to Eiru after they'd had some time to recover. "That didn't sound like some random nightmare."

Ashitaka IV
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal

Just as he was about to open his mouth to the witty comment of his comrade, Ashitaka grimaced and covered his ears following the ear-piercing scream. While it certainly wasn't the first scream he had heard, it was loud, close by, and spontaneous, only catching him more off-guard. Even covering his ears didn't help much. When it subsided, he rubbed his temples bringing his concentration back to the present moment. He had just realized that it was rather rude of him to react so strongly: he had lived with people who bore night terrors before, and this was no different. Nightmares were nightmares.

The other man - Ruvo? Ruvo. - with whom his interaction was incredibly brief was tending to the witch, clearly drenched in cold sweat. Clearly she meant something to him, or he was just an empathetic person, but what their relationship was did not concern the eye-patched traveler. It was improper to pry in ones affairs. "That one's Eiru by the way. She's... uh- usually a little more put together than this." So was he. Having straightened himself out and regaining his composure, Ashitaka mustered an adequate response to Ymir. "It's alright. Just caught me by surprise. Not the first time I've met someone with night terrors." He turned his attention to the witch. "It appears we've missed our introduction, but there'll be time for that later. Are you alright?"

"Want to explain what that was all about? That didn't sound like some random nightmare." While at first Ashitaka disagreed, perhaps she knew something he didn't, and thus remained silent. Did she have visions? Was that even possible? He had heard rumors regarding this before, but had never witnessed it firsthand... no. That couldn't be possible. She was a witch, not a prophet... so he hoped. He kept quiet to watch as this unfolded. Now was not the time for words.

Mentions: Sylph Sylph BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot Uasal Uasal
Leonidas was just about drifting off to sleep when a scream cut through the room. He shot upward, hitting his head on the support beam holding the hammock behind him before clutching the back of his head in pain. The restless movement rocked the hammock and made him lose balance which sent him tumbling down to the ground. Before he had as much of a chance to safe himself with wind magic he hit the planks with a dull thud.

"Sirens Watch... Impossible" He groaned before muttering a quiet curse into the planks. "Still want me to wake you up from that nap?" He slowly lifted his face off the floor and shot her an annoyed look. "No, I'm good." He said, rolling onto his back and putting a hand on his face, muttering a small poem to soothe his pain.

"It's alright. Just caught me by surprise. Not the first time I've met someone with night terrors." He pulled himself up into a sitting position using the support beam as a handhold and shook his head slowly. "No, I'm pretty sure that wasn't something as simple as a nightmare. Sirens Watch is a real place, though I know little to nothing about it aside from its name." He offered with a small shrug, perhaps the Howers had gotten more information on it since he left but there wasn't anything he could do to access that at the moment.

Ymir seemed to agree. "Want to explain what that was all about? That didn't sound like some random nightmare." He nodded. "Sure wasn't a normal scream either." He added, dramatically pointing to his right ear. "I'm surprised I can still hear after that, and I'm surprised you even have a voice left."

He pulled himself up using the support beam and sat down on the edge of his hammock, waiting for Eiru to explain why she had screamed louder than most of the monsters he had encountered could roar.

Eiru Eagna
Gold Rank Support

Eiru lay motionless in her hammock staring at the hardwood ceiling/deck above her, her heartbeat had yet to settle and nausea was beginning to set in rapidly. Her vision was blurring in and out with each heaving breath she took and for the first time since she left her homeland, the witch felt absolutely powerless and utterly defeated. Moving a hand to cover her eyes Eiru did her best to get herself back under control, her hearing selective at best left her with only snippets of conversation. A panic attack. To think she of all people would succumb to such a thing. As time passed Eiru's senses returned to her and while she was now drenched in sweat at least her heartbeat no longer rang through her mind at a deafening tone. Taking one final deep breath the small witch pushed herself up and swing her legs over the edge of the hammock, dangling them a few inches from the floor below as she sat up straight.

Still pale the small witch looked out at the group assembled before offering a soft smile and chuckle "I'm fine, sorry for disturbing you all." Looking to Ruvo Eiru noticed he held a feather in his hand? that was his hand, right? In his hand. With a soft sigh, she shook her head "I assume it's my fault you're holding quite a healthy-looking feather in hand Ruvo. I'm sorry, it must have hurt. I have some healing potions with me, please allow me to make up for this" Reaching into her satchel Eiru produced a small red tincture and held it out to Ruvo with an open palm "This one should suffice the regrowth of a feather"

Turning to Ymir and Leo Eiru noted a new face. There would, of course, be time for introductions later but for now, Ymir and Leo had questions, well from what little she heard they had questions. "Sirens Watch". Pausing for a second Eiru moved to close her satchel before continuing "Have either of you heard of it? I must admit I hadn't until now but from what I can surmise it's an island of medium size with a crag like topography. From the name, I also assume sirens call it home. Or at the very least did in the past." Shifting in the hammock and almost falling as she did so Eiru continued "Woah... safe... Anyway, it is imperative we head to that island immediately. The relic we were sent to recover is on that island... under that island."

Looking to Leo Eiru's eyes were serious and her tone shifted to match "But let me warn you. This relic, under no circumstances, are you to touch it. I cannot tell you why nor can I tell you what the relic is but head my warning. Touch it and you will live to regret it"
Key of Stars Key of Stars BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot Sylph Sylph RatKing RatKing

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Uasal Uasal

After reacting to Eiru’s sudden shriek in their own ways it seemed the other guild members were just as curious what the cause of witch’s fear was. Some chalking it up to nothing more than night terrors while others were not as convinced it was a simple nightmare. As for Ruvo, he knew Eiru to be quite capable and confident but surely no one was immune to fear. Though what exactly could scare awake a gold rank adventurer like Eiru he wasn’t sure, but it likely meant whatever it was must be terrifying in some way.

After giving the witch some time to settle down and catch their breath it seemed she was ready to respond to their concerns. "I'm fine, sorry for disturbing you all." “You don’t have to apologize, nightmares happen to the best of us” he responded, not quite convinced everything was as fine as Eiru made it out to be but he didn’t want to press them too hard after their panic attack. "I assume it's my fault you're holding quite a healthy-looking feather in hand Ruvo.” At the mention of the plucked feather Ruvo quickly remembered that he did indeed have one of his own feathers in hand. Between his own surge of panic and checking if Eiru was okay it seemed he had distracted himself from the initial pain somewhat. “I'm sorry, it must have hurt. I have some healing potions with me, please allow me to make up for this" “Oh, it’s okay it wasn’t your fault. I probably should of been more careful while preening my feathers anyways” he responded trying to ease the blame Eiru was putting on herself. The plucked feather did hurt a bit, similar to how pulling out hair would hurt, but surely a healing potion would be better saved for something more important. Then again turning down the act of hospitality would be rude wouldn’t it? "This one should suffice the regrowth of a feather" “Thank you, I appreciate it” he said accepting the small red tincture offered to him a tad bit disappointed that his attempt to see if the witch was okay ended up instead in them seeing if he was okay. With potion in his other hand Ruvo briefly considered what to do with the feather before placing it in his bag of holding. It may not come in handy, but who knows maybe someone will need a feather for a quill in the future.

Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot
"It's alright. Just caught me by surprise," Ashitaka said, managing to recompose himself a tad faster than the rest of them. He didn't seem inclined to show much of what he was thinking, which naturally made it difficult to gauge what his reactions were. Leo, on the other hand, was still recovering from his impromptu date with the floor, while Ruvo clutched a rather healthy looking feather that didn't look like it was meant to come out. It seemed they'd all been caught a little off guard. "Not the first time I've met someone with night terrors."

Night terrors?

"No-" Leo was busy struggling to sit up while Ymir sorted out her thoughts. The idea of a nightmare hadn't so much as occured to her; she'd never known Eiru to struggle with such things. "I'm pretty sure that wasn't something as simple as a nightmare. Sirens Watch is a real place-" Of course it was. She supposed it was too much to hope they never visited. "Though I know little to nothing about it aside from its name."

They all straightened out their hair and feathers and various extremities as they waited for Eiru to recover. The news that followed didn't do much to alleviate the tense atmosphere, in part because of how seriously the witch seemed to take it. "...an island of medium size with a crag like topography. From the name, I also assume sirens call it home. Or at the very least did in the past."

Ymir glanced over as she noticed a familiar figure at the entrance to the cabins, the quarter-master's arms crossed as they listened to what was said. "Woah... safe... Anyway, it is imperative we head to that island immediately. The relic we were sent to recover is on that island... under that island."

...under?
Her eyes lit up at the prospect of a new cave system, before recalling where exactly they were and her hopes came crashing down. With any luck it'd be all filled up with water. "But let me warn you. This relic, under no circumstances, are you to touch it. I cannot tell you why nor can I tell you what the relic is but head my warning. Touch it and you will live to regret it."

"But we'll live, yes?" Ymir grinned half-heartedly, waving her hands at the too-serious expression Eiru pinned her with. In the first place, there was no way she was going anywhere near the underside of an island. "How come this is so urgent all of a sudden?"

daed3f27244e9671312625b86082eb7a.jpg
Hanzel
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot
The newcomers were proving quite an eventful lot, all things considered. Hanzel had been sure a morning of loading crates and hauling ropes would have worn them down enough for a quiet day, until a scream to rival their captain's broke the afternoon spell and most of those on deck went scrambling for weapons. After double checking everything on the surface was indeed fine, and no unpleasant surprises were waiting to take a bite out of the hull, he made his way to the cabins where the commotion had come from.

"Sirens Watch. Have either of you heard of it? I must admit I hadn't until now..." Hanzel paused upon hearing the name, listening to the small figure who had apparently been the source of all the noise. "It is imperative we head to that island immediately. The relic we were sent to recover is on that island... under that island."

"Siren's watch is a dangerous area for even the best of sailors," Hanzel said, waiting for a break in their discussion before speaking up. "There better be a good reason why we'd risk taking the crew into hunted waters."

Nanalee Imphon | Of Spiritual Snow
A curious explorer with a love for battle, adventure and power.

• playful_snow_harpy_by_sakimichan_d5odkw1-fullview.jpg
Nanalee was late. Incredibly late, rather. If she hadn't known which direction the ship had sailed off in, she would've never been able to find the ship again! It was what she deserved she supposed, for sleeping so late. But she couldn't help herself, the little underground fighting tournament seemed far too fun to pass up! Yes, somehow, despite already sparring with Leo, encountering a juvenile sea serpent, and expending much of her mana and energy yesterday, she still decided to partake in such a thing. Naturally, she didn't place well in the rankings with many careless mistakes having been made during her fights, but she had fun. She couldn't wait to inquire about another one on the next island, actually. Still, at the minute, she was battered and bruised with aching wings, that just about managed to shakily land her back on the moving ship.

Just as her claws touched the wooden surface of the deck however, a shrill scream arose from below deck, almost startling her back off the ship. Confused and concerned, Nanalee followed behind the crew as they went to investigate the disturbance. Peeking out from just behind Hanzel's back, she both listened to the discussion and glanced at what everyone was doing. She hadn't seen them since the ship docked after all. Ruvo seemed to be holding some kind of red bottled-substance with slightly messier feathers that she remembered him having, Leo was on the floor with what looked to be remnants of red on his wrist and face, Ymir seemed as usual and Eiru was sitting in her own little garden-hammock with moss, stone and plants scattered beneath her. There were many questions to be had, but this was likely not the time to ask them. Instead, she just silently wondered if Leo had undergone a face-painting session by Ruvo or if Eiru really liked sleeping on things from nature.

Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood (Casual Background).png
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Sylph Sylph SilverFeathers SilverFeathers RatKing RatKing
"Woah... safe... Anyway, it is imperative we head to that island immediately. The relic we were sent to recover is on that island... under that island." Leonidas narrowed his eyes. "The relic we were sent to recover?" He repeated slowly. "I got on this ship to beat up a bunch of pirates pretending to be me and to get my own ship back so I can go see my sister." He said. "That said, I do remember you and Ymir talking about me before we left, you know, about you being my babysitter." He said with a dismissive wave. "Let me guess, you got that quest back then but just decided it wasn't worth mentioning?"

He sighed lightly before continuing. "Well, it's fine. Let's go get that relic then so I can focus on the things I joined this expedition for afterwards."

"But let me warn you. This relic, under no circumstances, are you to touch it. I cannot tell you why nor can I tell you what the relic is but head my warning. Touch it and you will live to regret it" Leonidas nodded before speaking up. "Why are you looking specifically at me though? It's not like touching unknown relics is my hobby."

"But we'll live, yes?" He laughed. "Well I certainly wasn't planning on kicking the bucket before any of my impersonators and I don't think you could stand dying out at sea so you better not bite the dust just yet either." He offered with a grin.

"Siren's watch is a dangerous area for even the best of sailors," Leonidas hopped off the edge of the hammock back to his feet. "Anything of note happen there in the past few years? My information is a bit... well... out of date, you could say."

He noticed Nanalee waiting behind Hanzel and gave her a small wave as greeting. "Yo Nalee," He paused. "Not my best nickname, I figured since I gave the other guy a nickname I would give you one as... You know what, never mind." He said, giving up on his explanation. "What you been up to? You missed out yesterday evening. Though I can't say I remember all too clearly what exactly you missed out on beyond some extraordinary music performances from Ruvo and I." He said with a smile, drinking less next time he went to a tavern would really be for the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back