• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
What exciting news! The Crown is preparing a tournament between the twelve houses, and members of the guild have been chosen to participate! If asked, which house would your character want to represent? What roles would they be best in? If you have several characters you can write for as many as you wish, but only one can receive the 50 point bonus.

Note: this is an OOC event, not an IC one.

The Tournament
The houses all have different roles in the tournament, though they each get their chance to participate in one way or another.
  • The ruling class houses are responsible for organising the tournament, and participate only in games of refinement or intellect.
  • The order class houses make sure everything runs smoothly, from security to trade. They participate in the more exciting events such as fights and jousts.
  • The life class houses are responsible for setting everything up, and may use the opportunity to promote their wares. They participate in competitions that showcase their skills and abilities.
There is no minimum or maximum length requirement. Write as much or as little trivia about your characters as you wish, whether it's about the tournament or their relation to the twelve houses. Multiple characters and those outside the guild can be included, but only one character will receive the 50 extra skill points for being part of the OOC event.

Link to the Lore Thread

Last edited:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!
Pretty late but y'know, better late than never.

Hope everyone's been well! Life has settled down a little for me, so I was wondering if you guys had room to have me back? Sylph Sylph (dw at all if not!)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!
Pretty late but y'know, better late than never.

Hope everyone's been well! Life has settled down a little for me, so I was wondering if you guys had room to have me back? Sylph Sylph Sylph Sylph (dw at all if not!)
Of course! Happy to hear things have settled down for you, and welcome back! I can give you an update on where things are if needed. I just handed in my two assignments so I SWEAR I'll be working on replies tonight. Cross my heart. Maybe.

I was planning to do some write-ups for some of my characters for the tournament event yesterday but I came down with the flu which makes writing anything above 20 or so words near impossible. With any luck I'll feel better tomorrow or the day after and I'll be able to do some write-ups then.

What exciting news! The Crown is preparing a tournament between the twelve houses, and members of the guild have been chosen to participate! If asked, which house would your character want to represent? What roles would they be best in? If you have several characters you can write for as many as you wish, but only one can receive the 50 point bonus.

The Tournament
The houses all have different roles in the tournament, though they each get their chance to participate in one way or another.
  • The ruling class houses are responsible for organising the tournament, and participate only in games of refinement or intellect.
  • The order class houses make sure everything runs smoothly, from security to trade. They participate in the more exciting events such as fights and jousts.
  • The life class houses are responsible for setting everything up, and may use the opportunity to promote their wares. They participate in competitions that showcase their skills and abilities.
There is no minimum or maximum length requirement. Write as much or as little trivia about your characters as you wish, whether it's about the tournament or their relation to the twelve houses. Multiple characters and those outside the guild can be included, but only one character will receive the 50 extra skill points for being part of the OOC event.

Link to the Lore Thread
"Hmm, I don't know that much about the Twelve Houses considering I'm a foreigner, but I did read about the humans that ruled Lantana before I came to the guild. If I had to pick a house to represent... uh, well firstly all the houses that aren't partaking in combat events are off the list, so in the end... I'd likely pick the Guard."

"Why? Because they're the first ones to respond to a fight of course! If there's imminent trouble brewing, they're the first ones on the scene, and that's just very similar to what I like and my own style of doing things. I also think that their values resonate most keenly with me. Discipline not so much, but respect is definitely a strong part of me, as well as valour.

"In my tribe, respect is integral. Considering we were one of the tribes that lived nearest to humans and other sentient races, acknowledging and accepting other kinds was a large part of our culture. I've seen the more brutal tribes who live without that sentiment, and blood rains on them too often for it. Needless to say, whether you are strong or weak, young or old, ugly or ravishing, my tribe will treat you the same. That doesn't mean you can stay if you don't do any work though haha."

"Onto valour... well, considering that I journeyed here from the Frozen North on my lonesome, past the Great Ravine and leaving my family and homeland far behind me to become an adventurer here, I'd say I'm quite courageous. Or maybe I'm just reckless and crazy for doing this, like my mother once repeatedly scolded. Still, I have no regrets!"

"Anyway, back to the Guard. Out of the Twelve Houses, I resonate with them the most. If I somehow had to join one, I would pick them. But, this is said quite broadly, of course. I'm not about to abandon the guild, recklessly join them and become a guard that patrols a city day and night or anything. I love being able to explore freely as an adventurer!"

"Though, I also kind of have potential ties to the Arcane House and the Merchant House, considering my magical/spiritual attunement and that my family is currently widely successful in their business endeavours. Really, it doesn't matter to me that much, which house I represent. If slots are full, feel free to throw me on one of the other houses. They have to be of the order class though or I'm not participating! I'm only joining if I can fight something!"

-Nanalee

The Tournament

Link to the Lore Thread
"Abrahams? That used to be my name, yes. Though I go by Hower nowadays. So you've heard of me then? I didn't expect my name to carry any weight when not out at sea, much less on a different continent entirely."

"Huh, oh? Why I'm here? Well, I was invited of course. Or well, my husband was invited by the house of cards to be exact. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself much, I have a feeling he would much rather participate in the fights than in business talk. Anyway, I just tagged along really, I was quite curious what a tournament like this would be like."

"If I'm participating? Of course, I am! I used my new last name to secure myself a spot as a representative of the arcane house, sometimes your husband being well-known is rather convenient. They went on and on about their values and all, but really, I don't have time for all that. Something about brilliance, insight and devotion, hah, I'll show them brilliance when I put the other competitors on their asses!"

"Why? I don't really understand what you want to know? It's obvious, isn't it? For the thrill of the fight as well as the bragging rights when I win this entire thing. Oh and can't forget, to show the audience the beauty of magic. Inspiring and dazzling people of all ages is the foundation of fairy tales and my fairy tale magic alike!"

"You thought I would be harder to approach? I can be plenty intimidating if I want to be, I assure you. Though being grumpy and stern doesn't come quite as naturally to me as it does to my husband. Gustav is convinced I would make a good mother, I don't know about that but... If someday I do have children, it would be great if I could come to another one of these tournaments with them. To show them their mother is still very much capable of kicking ass in a fight, of course. Or who knows, by the time they are my age they might want to participate themselves."

-Olivia Hower (25 years old)

"Participating in the crown tournament? Hard pass."

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? If I didn't know any better I would say that came as a surprise to you. What house would I even represent? Last time I glanced over that dusty old list there still wasn't a house of alcohol and parties."

"The fighting houses? Yea right. My magic isn't nearly flashy or powerful enough for those stuffy old socks at the arcane house and don't even get me started on the guard. Discipline and respect? I have about as much respect for the authorities as I have for my cousin Isaiah."

"What gave you the idea I'm not going to the tournament? Of course, I'm going. Why? Well duh, just because the houses are all stuffy or elitist doesn't mean I'm passing up on the chance to play in a few taverns for an audience of drunk tourists and to get shitfaced off of all the alcohol available. Huh? Yea no shit I'm treating it like a party! It's a tournament, isn't it? It's supposed to be fun, so thanks for the offer and all but participating sounds like a massive pain so no thank you."

"Could you stop nagging already? I told you, none of them are my thing. Fine, fine, I get it, I'll pick one already. The cloak house then. Why? It's somewhat similar to what I did for a while after I left home before I joined the guild. Besides, the ladies love a bit of mystery, don't they?"

-Leonidas Hood

"I can hardly wait! I've been working on new medicine ever since I was told we could participate! Did I read through the list thoroughly? Ah, no, not really, I'm only interested in one house and one house alone anyway! The apothecary house!"

"Hey don't laugh! Didn't I just overhear you saying you wanted to join the cloak house just to pick up girls? Yes, I know I don't exactly scream temperance! Quit teasing me already or the next time you come to me for medicine against your sixteenth hangover of the week on wednesday I just might get some of the ingredients wrong!"

"I didn't really look at what they value too much. It shouldn't matter too much right? As long as my medicine is good enough to blow them all away who cares if I'm not exactly like your typical doctor!"

"Not that I would ever consider leaving the guild for a bigger company or anything! I love my work at the guild and I get to research and experiment with whatever I want, no boss to tell me what I can and can't do and to be careful to not blow myself up! Sorry, I got a bit too excited. Anyway, I would be lying if I said the revolutionary equipment they have at bigger laboratories isn't at least a tiny bit tempting but miss Azalea said she was going to give me new equipment soon anyway!"

"Oh, that reminds me! I should send my father a letter to ask if he wants to come to the tournament. It's been a while since I've seen him and this seems like a good excuse... I mean reason to invite him to Lantana! See you later, I have a letter to write!"

-Kathlyn Silva

Aaaand Eiru's back in full swing hahah. I'm planning to work on replies tonight after dinner is finished. Hope everyone has been enjoying the new year so far!

Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
Loved the submissions for both your characters!! Nanalee wanting to get in on the action is a mood, total opposite of Leo. Don't forget you guys have 50 points to add to one of your characters btw. Or they can be divided if you have more than one. I've been super lax and haven't gotten around to doing my guys yet, but they'll be coming along soon, mark my words!

The Twelve Houses Tournament
Ymir (+50 points)
- Would have participated in the past when she was still at the Academy, but since joining the guild her attitude is a little different.
- "Yeah uh, I'll pass on the fighting too... I can swing a stick but I'm not really the combat type."
- Absolutely pesters Leo about joining, especially since learning he can swordfight.
- "Aw come on! Why not join the guard? You could do with a bit of sobriety in your life. Plus you and Nanalee could team up to take out the opposition - though I guess that means you wouldn't be able to fight Tyron huh."
- "Wait, the cloak house? Seriously? I'm pretty sure those guys wouldn't be caught dead singing, or drinking, or flirting for that matter—bunch of no-funs. The merchant house might be your style. I hear apart from the few rich kid families that participate they mostly hire mercenaries—hey wait, aren't you technically a rich kid family too—?"
- If her and Nanalee are friends she'd end up going through the rules and tactics the other houses would use at length. She gets rather into it, for someone who adamantly refuses to participate.
- "The guard can be pretty cliquey, so I wouldn't rely too much on them having your back. Just focus on putting everyone else on their ass. The cloak house prefer underhanded tactics, but they aren't going to reveal their hand in front of everyone so I wouldn't worry too much. The Merchant and Arcane houses are the real problem. You'll be up against mercenaries and magic users for the most part, and both of them are a pain in their own way..."
- "Oh and if Tyron gives you trouble do us all a favour and knock him down a few pegs. He could do with a lesson in humility."
- If pushed to answer she'd begrudgingly admit to maybe choosing the crown house.
- "I mean I wanted to be part of the royal expedition at one point, so I guess it'd be them. Not much point thinking about it though. I'd rather see if anyone in the artisan house has experience making maps."
- When it comes to the day of the tournament she'd watch the matches from somewhere up high, away from the crowds and the guards on patrol. The rest of the time she spends wandering around the quieter streets, looking to see if she can find any old antique stores.

Milby
- Will not be dissuaded from the cloak house, no matter how many times Azalea explains she can wear a cloak no matter which group she joins.
- "I am the night! The harbinger of despair! All shall fear the wrath of my blade!" //Poses dramatically with her cloak atop the counter.
- Gets into swordfights all the time as practice and insists on coming to Kathlyn to be patched up. Half the time there isn't anything wrong, she just wants the delicious cookies with medicine in them.
- Will challenge Nanalee constantly, even if it's not likely to end well.
- If she catches wind of Leo wanting to be in the cloak house then the poet will suddenly be drawn into several contrived plots of treason and subterfuge in the lead up to the tournament. If he doesn't already have one, she'll steal one of the bed sheets to make him wear as a cloak.
- "Fancy hair, fancy hair—come quick! The arcane house is up to no good. We must stop the white-haired one before she completes her treasonous plot!"
- The reality of the tournament is few of the cloak participants are actually from the cloak house. The house prefer to hire people who are willing to play the part than reveal their own hand, so some of the fellow participants may well be criminals conned into joining.
- Doesn't bother Milby in the least. She declares them all compatriots in arms and herself the leader. Spends her time in the matches being a nuisance underfoot for the other competitors.
- Probably ends up in an actual underhanded plot with the other criminals at some point, or winds up being chased by guards for stealing food.

Azalea
- In the past she would have been involved in setting up stalls and overseeing trade for the Market house, but with the guild she mostly works on sorting out where people will go for the tournament.
- "And here I was thinking the tournament would be less of a headache now that I'm not involved. Do they seriously have to host these every other moon? It's a logistical nightmare."
- Will pull strings to get Kathlyn an offer as one the official physicians.
- "I won't be coming along so I'm expecting you to keep an eye out. The guild has enough problems without the guard knocking down our door over some catastrophe—I don't care if you have to use the sleeping cookies on certain members."
- If Leo is with the cloak house she tasks him with keeping an eye on Milby.
- "Do not let her out of your sight under any circumstances, understand? Particularly not if there are other ruffians around. That troublemaker is too easily influenced..."
- Enjoys a quiet day at the guild while the tournament is happening. Probably uses the time to catch up on gardening.

Tyron
- One of the primary representatives of the guard house, being from the Avatticus family. Both his sisters are busy with security on the day of the tournament, so he's in charge of making sure the house comes out on top.
- Will hear of Nanalee's choice to choose the guard at some point. Tracks her down demands she prove why she should be accepted as representative.
- "I've dealt with you and your kind before. I hope you know the guard expects more than mindless savegery in their matches-"
- Refuses to go to Kathlyn after sustaining several gashes and quite possibly frostbite. Insists in seeing the actual court physicians over some 'home-brewed quack'.
- Probably forced to be treated anyway by either Kathlyn or Azalea. Questions Kathlyn why she's wasting her potential in the guild afterwards.
- Despite his attitude, he's a formidable opponent on the day of the tournament. He's trained most of his life with the guard, so being on the field with them is second nature. If Eiru is participating then she'd likely his number one target though. He still hasn't forgotten her transgressions against one of the twelve generals, and the arcane and guard houses are usually the ones vying for top position anyway.
- Leo and Milby are on his list too, but he isn't about to risk the guard's reputation by being too reckless. Would probably respect Nanalee enough by that point to consider teaming up against them.

Quick update, I've added a new section to the quest board in the main hall! It details the rewards and requirements for ranking up, but I'll leave it here as well for anyone interested.

To move up a tier, a character must complete two quests equal to their current rank—or an equivalent amount of four lower or one higher ranking ones. When ranking up there are three options for rewards—coin, equipment, or attribute potions.

Coin
The simplest offer of the three, a lump sum payment of coin. Good for when your character isn't certain what they want, or they're saving up for something in a higher rank. The values below are the same as what it costs to purchase equipment or attribute potions of the same rank.
Copper: 250 Gold​
Iron: 500 Gold​
Silver: 1000 Gold​
Gold: 2000 Gold​

Attribute Potions
Kathlyn now has the equipment to craft stronger attribute potions! Be careful when consuming these, as they can place a great deal of stress on the body, and trying to consume attribute potions with higher stats than your character can be deadly.
Copper Tier: 50pts​
Iron Tier: 110pts (☠️)​
Silver Tier: 250pts (☠️☠️)​
Gold Tier: 550pts (☠️☠️☠️)​

Equipment
The third option is equipment from Merkon. As a guideline, a character requires at least half the amount of attribute points as what the weapon adds—and they will encounter difficulties until they train their stat to be equal or higher.
Copper: +50pts​
Iron: +100pts​
Silver: +200pts​
Gold: +400pts​
Equipment can boost both strength and affinities, but elemental weapons are particularly sought after as they can be used regardless of the owner's affinity. Just be aware that using a weapon of a different nature leads to weaker attacks. When using equipment of the same affinity, the points will be added to intelligence to increase the strength of the attack. A weapon of a different affinity can only be as strong as the bonus it gives.

"Heh, I joined a fighting tournament! But, it sounds like you guys are discussing something important so I can tell you about it another time." Leonidas smiled. "Sure sounds good, do tell me though, you did win right?"
(I don't think going back in time during my next post is a good idea, so I'll just leave Nanalee's short response here if you wanted it!)

"Does it look like I did?" Nanalee stuck her tongue out humorously before turning her attention back to the discussion at hand. Her feathers were still dishevelled, and bruises, big and small, littered her skin. She wondered what conclusion Leo would come up with, a hard-fought victory or a tough loss?

Was tough figuring out an order to the events and replies but I put something down for Ruvo reacting to the whole thing.

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Uasal Uasal
The island Ymir and (maybe) Nanalee are headed to is Siren's Watch btw! The Salvager will have to take a slightly longer route since the side they're on is too shallow and jagged, but I swear I'm not throwing some random side adventure in the way of the main plot. I'll try include an updated map in my next post to show the Salvager's progress so far.

Edit: RatKing RatKing
Ruvo's post did a great job of summing the conversation up. It's hard when there's so much going on at once

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Uasal Uasal
The island Ymir and (maybe) Nanalee are headed to is Siren's Watch btw! The Salvager will have to take a slightly longer route since the side they're on is too shallow and jagged, but I swear I'm not throwing some random side adventure in the way of the main plot. I'll try include an updated map in my next post to show the Salvager's progress so far.

Edit: RatKing RatKing
Ruvo's post did a great job of summing the conversation up. It's hard when there's so much going on at once
I'm guessing I can describe the island itself however I want then, since Nanalee/Ymir will approach it first? I'm assuming since it's such a dangerous area, there isn't an established port and such.

I'm guessing I can describe the island itself however I want then, since Nanalee/Ymir will approach it first? I'm assuming since it's such a dangerous area, there isn't an established port and such.
Apart from what Swiftshots has already mentioned about the general topography, by all means! I'm happy to build off whatever you come up with. And yeah, not much in the way of ports or settlements

Ashi will be chilling on the boat 'til we hit shore. First major quest less gooooooo!

Key of Stars Key of Stars Hey! Just a few questions:
  • I get that Wyck looks pretty human, but how is his crew? Do they all look pretty human too or is there the odd patch of flesh missing, bones poking out of skin, etc?
  • I'm kinda guessing that Nanalee will get attacked if she approaches The Final Tomb, so would she just get shot at and stuff?
I'm not planning a real confrontation, was wondering if it was alright that she'd fly over to scout, then bullets fly by and she runs back to Ymir.

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Of course!
  • His crew is a collection of several different types of undead, some will look pretty human, like Wyck, but there are also a few that have close to no flesh.
  • Yes she would just get shot at, Wyck's crew is really nothing special aside from Wyck himself and he really only cares about the relic at the moment.
Yea it would be perfectly fine to have Nanalee fly over and scout!

Key of Stars Key of Stars I'm very busy at the moment and won't be able to respond for most of this week so please feel free to move on without me and I'll do a follow-up post when I find a moment to myself. I'm sorry for the inconvenience

Argh, I'm sorry for not posting in so long! Been both busy and ill which is a combination that seriously sucks. I really try to make a week the max length in between my posts if I can.

I'll try and write something up today even if it sucks!

Argh, I'm sorry for not posting in so long! Been both busy and ill which is a combination that seriously sucks. I really try to make a week the max length in between my posts if I can.

I'll try and write something up today even if it sucks!
There's no rush! Ymir and Nanalee are off on a tangent at the moment so it's not a major issue. Please take some time to rest and recover 🙏 You too as well Uasal Uasal

The rest of this post is pretty big—apologies in advance! First I have a reworked map for the world. It's still in progress with a few areas that need to be reviewed ( Uasal Uasal Key of Stars Key of Stars ) so if there's anything out of place let me know. I'm also looking for other landmarks to add (hint hint feed me lore).

The icons are pretty small but hopefully the image is at a high enough resolution that they're readable once zoomed in. The rectangle labelled guild map shows the outer bounds of where the waystone can reach. Teleportation magic is not terribly common, and for areas futher away part of the journey will have to be on foot.

World Proto 4 (2).jpg

The other idea I haven't forgotten about is a bestiary for some of the common creatures of the world, which will include a brief description as well as their average stat levels. So far for races I have:
  • Humans
  • Fae
  • Harpies
  • Vampires
  • Kenku
  • Dragonborn
  • Sirens
And for creatures:
  • Rodents
  • Rabbits
  • Slimes
  • Trolls
  • Cyclops
  • Sea Serpent
--which is very short. Please let me know what other things you'd like to see in there. The intelligence attribute will also be changing to 'magic' to avoid confusion on the CS page, and I'm looking to start another quest for those interested---may or may not make another character for the occasion.

And on a final note, happy anniversary!! I posted the first interest check for this RP a year and three days ago and didn't even realise smh. Here's to another year of madness :bishiesparklesr:
---
RatKing RatKing BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Last edited:
The map looks great! Icons are a bit small like you said, but given that the image has a high resolution it was easy to just zoom in and see everything just fine.

And happy anniversary even if it’s a bit late.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back