• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Wait, I'm so sorry, for some reason I thought I was waiting for Blyke to post before I should post. I'll get up a post today if I can!
Clearly I got too caught up with all the pirate lord lore stuff smh

It is funny, I think I originally intended for Vas'On to be a very serious guy who just wanted to improve himself in combat but I think I like him being a big jokester in combat. Him making jokes and goofing off to keep his stress down while putting his enemies off balance is a lot of fun.

For those waiting I'll have a reply up tomorrow! Oml, Freed and Mani being a mobile cannon duo hahah

Hello, I'm sorry, but I'm going on hiatus for a while. Uni has been kicking my butt, alongside the new part time job I recently started. Best of luck though! I do love this roleplay, and Nanalee, maybe she'll make her return in the future.

For now though, in terms of the roleplay, you can autopilot Nanalee to help with the battle, using the abilities I have already showcased her using(aka the twin ice foxes, ice magic, talon swipes, wing slaps). And after the battle is over, you can have her teleport back to the guild/her home in Aestir for an emergency, which I'll flesh out when I come back. I don't want my sudden disappearance to disrupt the roleplay, so I hope this will suffice.

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
That's ok! Thanks for letting us know, and hopefully your new job goes well. Nanalee was super cool so I look forward to if you decide to bring her back in future. Having her as a background fighter for now is no trouble at all—I can adjust the last part of my reply to make it so she automatically attacks the serpent.

Best of luck with uni! You're welcome back anytime, so hopefully we'll see you again ;)

Hey. Been looking for a fantasy rp utelizing a system. This one was the first found.

Is this the main place to ooc or is there a discord channel?

Are all groups of adventurers required to post in same thread? Ex: adventure party B wants to go hunt wild boars or something.

The main thread is for adventuring posts. You lable what group you're in at the start of your post. Eg: Eiru-gold rank support-at sea

When you aren't adventuring you use the guild Hall tab to chat with others who are at the guild and to take on quests or purchase items and equipment from the guild store

Typically speaking anyway thats how it goes

Is solo adventuring allowed? Ex: Single Character takes on Quest and then proceeds to info dump a novel's worth of Adventure.

The way the ranking system works and how Quest acquisition works there is likely to be cases where you have characters that are too low rank to go on the current Quest that most of the rest of the group are on.

Other questions I have relate to General scale and scope of powers. The RP is cited as being a low Fantasy game. If a character has lightning affinity and therefore capable of lightning attacks, how well does that fit in a low fantasy setting? Are they capable of conjuring lightning from Heaven to Smite an entire group of enemies? Or is it much more limited and controled in use?

Is solo adventuring allowed? Ex: Single Character takes on Quest and then proceeds to info dump a novel's worth of Adventure.
It's not disallowed, in fact there's someone doing a solo quest at the moment so it should be fine.

The way the ranking system works and how Quest acquisition works there is likely to be cases where you have characters that are too low rank to go on the current Quest that most of the rest of the group are on.
The only caveat if a character wants to go on a quest that's above their rank is they have to make sure they have someone of an equavalent level in the party. It'd be risky of course, but I don't want people to miss out on quests just because they chose a newer character :')

Other questions I have relate to General scale and scope of powers. The RP is cited as being a low Fantasy game. If a character has lightning affinity and therefore capable of lightning attacks, how well does that fit in a low fantasy setting? Are they capable of conjuring lightning from Heaven to Smite an entire group of enemies? Or is it much more limited and controled in use?
It's a mix between low and high fantasy, depending on the characters and type of quest. Some people prefer magic with spell incantations and symbols, while others like grittier fights with less magic. I don't mind either so I leave it up to the players. It has somewhat of a game-y system with the attributes and affinities, but it's not super strict (so yes, lightning bolts would be possible, but it's not the only way to utilise a lightning affinity).

Whoops, I double checked the quest board there is the 'one rank above your own' restriction still on there. I'll probably remove it, since it would suck to miss out on a quest on account of being too low a rank

Sylph Sylph thanks for the feedback.

Can a single character go on multiple adventures at the same time? They either narratively take on multiple quests to accomplish in a single outing or they multi thread/timey wimey stuff so they are posting for 2 or more things at the same time assuming one adventure happened at a different time to the other.

Can a single character go on multiple adventures at the same time? They either narratively take on multiple quests to accomplish in a single outing or they multi thread/timey wimey stuff so they are posting for 2 or more things at the same time assuming one adventure happened at a different time to the other.
Taking on multiple quests at once is no problem. Sometimes there can be multiple objectives in a single region that can be done together, but the 'timey-wimey' stuff is probably a no-go. Would be too difficult to manage the order.

Sylph Sylph is there a scale or description of power for the setting to give a general idea of how the stats or abilities are balanced in the world?

Ex: jim has fire affinity and can create fireballs to throw. How does jim know how big and how devastating his fireballs can be? Is it able to be like hell fire melting all metal? Is it less devastating than a dragon's flame that could ignite a city?

is there a scale or description of power for the setting to give a general idea of how the stats or abilities are balanced in the world?
The power scale is still quite flexible. I added the attributes more recently so I'm waiting to see how they play out before adding too much based on them, but mostly they're scaled in relation to other characters. Eg, Jim's fireballs are going to be a lot less powerful if he's a copper rank with an intelligence of ten, as opposed to Jim being a gold rank with an intelligence of 300. Once a character gets to about 100 in an attribute I'd consider them at an intermediate level, so I wouldn't be expecting the type of magic that has meteors falling from the sky.

At some point I plan to do a kind of adventurer's creature guide that has the average stats for different monsters. Once that is finished it might be easier to see what sort of creatures a character would be capable of taking down.

Last edited:
Can anyone dictate a quest has been completed or is there a gm/narrator playing the world and letting you know when missions are accomplished?

Can anyone dictate a quest has been completed or is there a gm/narrator playing the world and letting you know when missions are accomplished?
I usually move the quest description to the completed tab with a note of which characters participated, but that's usually done when the players decide the mission is over.

Uasal Uasal Key of Stars Key of Stars Yahhah Yahhah RatKing RatKing SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
Everyone can add +20 to an attribute they used during the sea monster chase. Eg Ymir's will definitely be fortitude ahahah

Uasal Uasal Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
Speaking of quests, I take it Akeldama and Vas'On are done with theirs. I'll move the notice over tomorrow, but you're welcome to add the ability points to their character sheets.

Is there an incentive to starting characters at lower tier and working thier way up as opposed to starting at the top class gold or whatever it was?

Novama Novama
Yup! Lower rank characters will rise through tiers faster and there's a reward for each level. At copper the established reward is AP potions and for iron my current idea is enchanted equipment, however, that may change as currently there aren't many restrictions on how people obtain such things, so I'm not sure it works effectively as a reward.

Though on that note, if anyone has ideas about potential rewards I'd be happy to consider them! It largely depends on what characters would find useful after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back