• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Uasal Uasal Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire
I'm finally free of uni if you guys are still interested in doing a mission. Is there anything on the quest board you had in mind, or some aspect of the world or characters you'd like to focus on? I'm happy to include any background lore if people want their character's history involved. Not certain yet what adventurer I'd be using so it'll depend on what the mission turns out to be.

If anyone else is interested feel free to chime in as well. Hopefully the main hall will see some activity again if there's another story in the works.

For those of you who have areas you'd like added to the world, I now have a (very) prototype version I'll be working off. The scale and regions are still a WIP, but I'm putting it here now so people can point out where they'd like their cities/regions/islands to be added on the map, if they so wish.

si7fqt5hvd7iduq9j9c1ko_by_arumey_deuegnu-pre.jpg

Edit: I'll upload a better quality version at some point, but the places listed from north to south are Aestir, Sacred Isles (left), Verdant Isled (right), Lantana, Solmar, then Jameba Jungle in the green section.

There are two I'm interested in. Troll activity and Minds of Mischief, but I won't get a post out until after work.
Troll activity would definitely be good for a larger group. I'm sure Milby will want to jump in so that potentially brings the party up to three.

Okies, so I got invited here by Sylph Sylph
preeeeetty green on what all is going on, but I was asked to report in to the OOC and see what everyone was trying to get planned out.
THIS is my character, just posted her to the CS thread. She isn't part of the guild. She's a bandit, actually. More of an antagonistic character than anything else. I mean, you may or may not grow to appreciate her. But she is definitely NOT a benefactor in most settings you could put her in.

Murdergurl Murdergurl
Khortja looks good. Currently the plan is to make a start on the troll quest, which Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire mentioned IC but I have yet to respond to. I'll be working on replies tomorrow so I'll have a post for Milby up then. For anyone interested in a crash course on highway trolls and goblin bandits, the quest party is still welcoming additions.

yes, please. By all means, ask me about my goblins. lol
Chinchia and I have discussed them pretty thoroughly. But if I'm going to participate in this with y'all, it would probably behoove you to get informed.
Also, it would be very helful for me to get an idea of what all is going on with the group's characters as well.
Along with Seraph, who else is actively participating?

Last edited:
I’d be willing to retcon that Farren post and just have him be a new member of the guild to join the troll quest if everyone’s alright with that, to help get enough folks to put the quest together.

I think that would be fine, we already have quite a few characters on the expedition after all. I have Kathlyn left in the guild hall but she isn't meant to go on quests.

No, more people are needed. We did our two person adventure and it was fun so we want to see how it works as a group.
okay... what/where is this troll quest? From some of the previous comments, I get the impression it was on some kind of Quest board. Like RPG Video game style, at a local tavern or something ready for adventurers to came a peruse.

okay... what/where is this troll quest? From some of the previous comments, I get the impression it was on some kind of Quest board. Like RPG Video game style, at a local tavern or something ready for adventurers to came a peruse.

The very first page of the Other tab, what we call the Guild Hall section. Quests are there and it is a place for characters to talk. There is also a doorway/portal to a dragonborn merchant in the back.

Troll Activity
Reports show an increase of troll activity along the trading routes to Mercantis. We don't know how accurate these reports are and don't want to drive panic, but I need you to find out what they're doing, and stop them if possible. The head of the guard outpost will have more information on arrival.

Okay, cool. So which road exactly is this going to be on?

Using the map that Chinchia supplied, The Red roads that I marked would be places my goblins could frequent for their own attacks on travelers, that are also ones leading to Mercantis. The yellow one doesn't really seem like it would be relevant to this quest as it doesn't seem to lead into Mercantis and is more of a detour. Though, they yellow road would still be grounds for goblin banditry. The Pink ones I marked are leading to Mercantis, but would not be ones my goblins would venture near. They are way too out in the open.

potential.png

So... thoughts from the rest of you?

I haven't actually figured out precisely where my goblins will be headquartered within the forest, but my discussions with Chinchia have them most likely living deep in the forests around Mercantis. Far enough to be too out of the way to actively try and get rid of, but near enough so that a day or two of trekking will bring them to popular roadways.

Also, I'm not sure exactly how to work in Khortja to interacting with everyone. Or what she would even be doing on this quest. Or if she will just be an antagonistic element. Or (if more than just an antagonist) what her long-term goals would even be to dealing with you lot outside of trying to rob them. lol

Last edited:
Okay, cool. So which road exactly is this going to be on?

Using the map that Chinchia supplied, The Red roads that I marked would be places my goblins could frequent for their own attacks on travelers, that are also ones leading to Mercantis. The yellow one doesn't really seem like it would be relevant to this quest as it doesn't seem to lead into Mercantis and is more of a detour. Though, they yellow road would still be grounds for goblin banditry. The Pink ones I marked are leading to Mercantis, but would not be ones my goblins would venture near. They are way too out in the open.

View attachment 931402

So... thoughts from the rest of you?

I haven't actually figured out precisely where my goblins will be headquartered within the forest, but my discussions with Chinchia have them most likely living deep in the forests around Mercantis. Far enough to be too out of the way to actively try and get rid of, but near enough so that a day or two of trekking will bring them to popular roadways.

Also, I'm not sure exactly how to work in Khortja to interacting with everyone. Or what she would even be doing on this quest. Or if she will just be an antagonistic element. Or (if more than just an antagonist) what her long-term goals would even be to dealing with you lot outside of trying to rob them. lol

Well, excessive amounts of trolls being around is not only a threat to everyone, but also business. As long as bandits are smart, most merchants will continue trading with a location even with the risk, as long as the benefit is greater.

If the town in question is destroyed, no more visitors to that area, and even if the trolls are held at bay, merchants may not be incentives to travel to a dangerous location.

Could be more of an enemy of my enemy situation, where she and her bandits team up with our adventurers to handle a bigger threat.

Murdergurl Murdergurl
I would envision the trolls being somewhere along the red trail, between the fork in the road and the pink section. Then as said the goblins would be in the forests nearby.

One scenario I did envision was the trolls having made some sort of attack on the goblins already. Whether that's smashing down a base or spit-roasting one of the scouting parties, something that means the goblins are out for blood. If Khortja learns there are adventurers in the region she could offer to show them where the trolls live in the hopes of getting rid of the threat. If the adventurers fail it solves a different issue so it's really no skin off her back.

Long term might depend on how the quest goes. If all else fails Khortja could be injured in battle so the group decides to take her back to the guild for healing, but that might be more of a last resort provided they don't come to some other agreement.

I’d be willing to retcon that Farren post and just have him be a new member of the guild to join the troll quest if everyone’s alright with that, to help get enough folks to put the quest together.
Having Farren along would be great!

Well, excessive amounts of trolls being around is not only a threat to everyone, but also business. As long as bandits are smart, most merchants will continue trading with a location even with the risk, as long as the benefit is greater.

If the town in question is destroyed, no more visitors to that area, and even if the trolls are held at bay, merchants may not be incentives to travel to a dangerous location.

Could be more of an enemy of my enemy situation, where she and her bandits team up with our adventurers to handle a bigger threat.
Murdergurl Murdergurl
I would envision the trolls being somewhere along the red trail, between the fork in the road and the pink section. Then as said the goblins would be in the forests nearby.

One scenario I did envision was the trolls having made some sort of attack on the goblins already. Whether that's smashing down a base or spit-roasting one of the scouting parties, something that means the goblins are out for blood. If Khortja learns there are adventurers in the region she could offer to show them where the trolls live in the hopes of getting rid of the threat. If the adventurers fail it solves a different issue so it's really no skin off her back.

Long term might depend on how the quest goes. If all else fails Khortja could be injured in battle so the group decides to take her back to the guild for healing, but that might be more of a last resort provided they don't come to some other agreement.

Okies. this all sounds great and totally feasible. The goblins already being rivals with these trolls. Trolls are bigger and meaner than goblins, so they cant really do much to attack them on their own. But the troll's presence is definitely a damper on goblin banditry. And since the trolls are getting belligerent, it's threatening their continued lifestyle. Because yeah, people will just start using another route if the trolls keep this up.

Soooo... we can spin this in that the adventurers can talk with the goblins when they get the jump on them sometime during the RP. OR they can have already spoken to them before hand? I can write in the retrospect in a post w/out any real issue.

Soooo... we can spin this in that the adventurers can talk with the goblins when they get the jump on them sometime during the RP. OR they can have already spoken to them before hand? I can write in the retrospect in a post w/out any real issue.
There will probably be a time skip over talking with the guard outpost to get the information on what's happening, but in that time Khortja might learn there are adventurers poking around the region. As for meeting up it can be deliberate on Khortja's end, or coincidence with the group happening upon the goblins.

Goblins aren't know for being particularly smart or trusting, so trying to deliberately recruit outsiders to jointly take on the trolls is definitely outside of their nature. I think it would play out most naturally for them to just be waiting on the road and try to rob the adventurers. it could go badly for them, with the goblins losing. And I dunno, one of the party could mention something about the trolls to another party member. Khortja could overhear and offer their help if you let (what was left of their group) live. So she sees it as a way to save their skins while also striking out at the trolls. (And also a chance to possibly stab y'all in the back if the opportunity presents itself).

How's that sound?

Last edited:
Murdergurl Murdergurl

Alright then I'll get started on that

Soooo... would it be alright if I made an intro post for Khortja and her band of fellow goblins?

i can whip a f' character if you need more people
Sounds good, though I'm not sure what an f' character is meant to be?

Soooo... would it be alright if I made an intro post for Khortja and her band of fellow goblins?
An intro post would be great. If you put it on the questing thread under the 'main' link I can work on a getting the group out there when I do a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back