• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rusty of Shackleford

Nine Thousand Club
To the average traveler, Arthfeld is...wholly unremarkable. Downright cliches in it's idyllic location and small village values. But to any adventurer, there is no better place to start than Arthfeld, for it houses the Journey's End Tavern and Shop, the one stop shop for all your adventuring needs. Need a place to sleep? Feel free to rent a room! Need bat guano for fireballs or berries for Goodberry? Stop by our shop to stock up! And who runs this tavern, you may asK? Well, none other than Mr. and Mrs. Gryffonel, former adventurers turned co-owners of the establishment...and the parents to a gaggle of children. Their adventuring days behind them, they're content running the tavern and raising their children.

Except fate has different plans. A great darkness is coming, and it may come to pass that the Gryffonel's will have to save the world once again...

Hello all! Welcome to my interest check! This RP, as you can see, is a fantasy family RP, set in a D&D esque setting with a few twists. It focuses on the titular Gryffonel's, and their trials and tribulations both small and enormous. If you've heard of the game Children of Morta, it's very similar to that. Now, onto the rules! I'll keep this short and sweet!

1. Be polite, respectful, etc.

2. Be reasonable. While the stakes will get pretty high later on, don't make your character a god of destruction form the start. Let's build up to that.

3. Come to me with ideas! This is a world that's meant to be built on over time.

4. I would HIGHLY prefer it if you had Discord. I already have a server made, so just ask me for the link!

5. This RP is LGBTQ friendly!

6. Co-GM is Charles Cheese Charles Cheese , so their word is the same as mine. Also a huge thank you to them for helping me brainstorm this and come up with a lot of the ideas!

Now onto roles! Here's how things are gonna work: There's the main family, consisting of the mom, dad, and children. Then, there's the aunts and uncles, though they don't have to be an aunt and an uncle. They can be an aunt and an aunt, or an uncle and an uncle, if ya want! aka former adventuring companions of the parents that now help run the tavern/store. Everyone will be a D&D class, i.e. my dad character is a paladin, someone could be a wizard, druid, etc. For the children, keep things reasonable. A 12 year old wizard might know a few basic spells but nothing more. Anyway, here we go!

Keep in mind that if you want a child to be adopted, go right ahead!

*Age can be much higher if a race that makes sense with it. Also, try to keep to playable races in D&D.

Dad (54) Brandon Gryffonel (Formerly just Brandon) is often called the patriarch of the family, though that's a bit presumptuous. A former paladin of Bahamut, Brandon is a man of unbridled idealism and kindness. He genuinely wants to see the best in people, and ensure that his family are happy and healthy. A fact few people know about is that Brandon was supposedly the Warrior of Prophecy, said to defeat a great evil and bring the world into a golden age of peace and prosperity. Judging by the fact he's running a tavern, you can guess what life he chose.

Wife (45-55*) Taken by Charles Cheese Charles Cheese

Eldest Child (17-19) Frumpkin Frumpkin

The Twins (15-16) Both taken by stranger stranger

Middle Child (13-14) Taken by holdie holdie

Youngest Child (6-8) Taken by TeikiFox TeikiFox

Aunts and Uncles can be same sex couples! Actually almost forgot to mention this like an idiot

Uncle/Aunt #1 Taken by Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Aunt/Uncle #1 Open
Children of Aunt and Uncle #1 (Related via father, aunt or uncle is direct blood sibling)

Uncle #2 Open

Aunt #2 Open
Children of Aunt and Uncle #2 (related via Mom)

That's about everything! Feel free to ask any questions if anything was too vague!

Last edited:
mmm i think i’ll take the middle child if that’s alright with you!

ooh.... this looks cool! I'd be interested in the youngest child please

Hella yeah, count me in!! I'll take the role of an Aunt, fosho ^-^

Oh, lemme see if I can?

Hi! It's been a while since I've been on RpN, and technically I've never played DnD (have watched a hell of a lot of LivePlay shows). But I kind of have an idea for a single Uncle that I think could be cool? I'd love to be a part.

Hi! It's been a while since I've been on RpN, and technically I've never played DnD (have watched a hell of a lot of LivePlay shows). But I kind of have an idea for a single Uncle that I think could be cool? I'd love to be a part.
OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY I JUST SAW THIS

What role would you like? I really am sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back