• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Growing Storm (1906 rp)

Don't worry, we're just Whabbi Arabians in the desert at the moment. We know its not good to attack them, so we're just attacking the Rasheeds. The Ottomans have way more serious problems to deal with than us.

general ostruppen general ostruppen what's the status of my application now?
If you ever need any weapons you could always buy some from the United States...

Don't worry, we're just Whabbi Arabians in the desert at the moment. We know its not good to attack them, so we're just attacking the Rasheeds. The Ottomans have way more serious problems to deal with than us.
As long as Brits or others stay out of the affairs there are little radical sectarian Bedouins can do anyways.

I'm dropping from this RP. As for Austro-Hungarian Empire, I guess you could just follow their historical paths like the other NPC-nations.
Thanks for taking me in while I was here. May the Central Powers stay forever strong!
Take care all!
general ostruppen general ostruppen

unless you wish to not continue
I had planned for a Balkan War, I was kinda expecting it to come to pass before the rp dismantled itself, I think it's a bit more than the number you just gave pat, Hypnos hasn't replied either and he hasn't been on OOC.

As bad as the Sick Man of Europe is, a bunch of Arabic Tribals without Guns and European Help in training and organising an Army, establishing a spy network etc has no chance in defeating the Ottoman Army.

At this point all I can do is play out the domestic matters and try to liberalize my economy with making deals with the US.

I had planned for a Balkan War, I was kinda expecting it to come to pass before the rp dismantled itself, I think it's a bit more than the number you just gave pat, Hypnos hasn't replied either and he hasn't been on OOC.

As bad as the Sick Man of Europe is, a bunch of Arabic Tribals without Guns and European Help in training and organising an Army, establishing a spy network etc has no chance in defeating the Ottoman Army.

At this point all I can do is play out the domestic matters and try to liberalize my economy with making deals with the US.
I could always invade you if you have oil and want some freedom...

I could always invade you if you have oil and want some freedom...
It sure would be interesting but Germans control most of the oil anyways, and the major sources hasn't been discovered yet.

We could reset the RP to Turn 1 and aggressively recruit people for it.
That may be a good idea, the sudden loss of players (Austria/Belgium/maybe Bulgaria) has been rough, and makes the rp a bit lonely :p

And, here's a thought, if this doesn't work, maybe we could simplify the things we can do in order to speed up the turns until something signficant happens like WW1. So that it doesn't take months for WW1 or something similar to get underway.

And, here's a thought, if this doesn't work, maybe we could simplify the things we can do in order to speed up the turns until something signficant happens like WW1. So that it doesn't take months for WW1 or something similar to get underway.
I had planned to start a War by turn 6 Or so...

Something that may be a good idea too although perhaps not well-received is to require players to pick from major or influential nations until there's only one or three left, and then allow anyone to pick anything.

Something that may be a good idea too although perhaps not well-received is to require players to pick from major or influential nations until there's only one or three left, and then allow anyone to pick anything.
Good idea Pat, but I think that we've already failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back