• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
A very interesting concept. I would love to see it flesh out, but I actually wonder what the Thu’ma were capable of. Understandably the plot is very complex but for a dnd x 40k it really puts it all out there. Really nice plot that’s really all I wanted to say.
Awesome question. The Thu'ma were individually not very impressive. They were very similar to humans though admittedly the best of us. Physically they were like supermodel gold medalist athletes, mentally the average person would make Einstein or hawking look like a child by comparison. It was their collective might that was scary. Their population was spread across well over a billion planets with each one having at least 5 billion people on it. They had technology like the Great Igniter which could churn out a star in just under a minute, or the Centrifugal apparatus that could be inserted into a galaxy and manipulate its spin enough to move the galaxy itself. Some of their technology still persists to this day...like the boontz supervoid which is actually a massive stealth field encompassing several thousand galaxies which is incidentally where the Eve'les developed safe and sound. They even had a network of portals allowing them to travel to and from the source to use as FTL travel technology. The reason the Thu'Aan were so dangerous is because their connection to the source allows them to manipulate this technology with a thought or even jam up the source and prevent them from functioning altogether. Thats how they beat their creators, they took away the greatness of their technology and forced them into a conventional warfare scenario that they couldn't win.

Interested if you need any female dragons
Yes of course dragon females have a very important role as they are the only ones besides bahamut and tiamat who can actually create true dragons naturally. Their abilites are exactly the same as their male counterparts though on average they are about 10% smaller than the males. This size difference does little to effect their power output however and actually doesnt factor in until they are at least 3000 years old. Whats more impressive dragon females can actually produce dragons stronger than themselves if their mate is up to par. Thats why the dragon faction has such high hopes for bastion ans his two brothers. They are the sons of a very powerful dragoness and the defacto god of dragons. He isnt quite there yet but they have high hopes for him. Perhaps you could be a drake created by bastion or one of the true dragons with him, or perhaps you are a true dragon, or a human female waiting to become a drake. Either way it will be a very beneficial addition to the story.

I’m fine with whatever my character is a shifter so... she mainly shifts from human and wolf... but she can just be a human
well technically all dragons are shifters. To be able to turn into a wolf one would have to be a true dragon as they have the ability to shift inti anything rather than just between dragon and one other form. Otherwise you may need to wait until the Thorp are playable as they can be a hybrid of anything other than a Dragon or Thu'Aan.

Also i am at work y'all so if the posts seem to be scattered of you must wait for a reply please dont be purturbed. I will like or heart a comment to let you know i have read it but may not reply immediately.

Beginning on the cs page now. Once the skeleton is up all my applicants for the true dragon positions can send me their completed cs for their true dragon candidate. If not accepted then don't fret that character can be in the second wave of dragons coming in the future.

Beginning on the cs page now. Once the skeleton is up all my applicants for the true dragon positions can send me their completed cs for their true dragon candidate. If not accepted then don't fret that character can be in the second wave of dragons coming in the future.

Neat. It will probably take me a bit to get my CSs to you. I'll be pretty busy tomorrow + I need to think about what kinds of characters I would like to make.

FearItself FearItself
Is there any limitations on what I can have turned into a drake? Does it only have to be sentient and intelligent?
Yes. Drakes were sentient and intelligent prior to draconification. Wyverns are what happens when less intelligent and arguably non sentient are draconified. This is because imagination, critical thinking, self awareness, the ability to make predictions, and emotions are all mandatory for a connection to the source.

Yes. Drakes were sentient and intelligent prior to draconification. Wyverns are what happens when less intelligent and arguably non sentient are draconified. This is because imagination, critical thinking, self awareness, the ability to make predictions, and emotions are all mandatory for a connection to the source.
Okay. So I can have almost anything I want be draconified as long as I make a valid argument that what I want to be draconified is sentient?

Okay. So I can have almost anything I want be draconified as long as I make a valid argument that what I want to be draconified is sentient?
For a drake yes. Wyverns neednt be intelligent prior and can be after the transformation but they will have missed the window to forge a connection. The source can best be described as a limitless pool of energy so you must have all of the aforementioned characteristics before the transformation reaches the point of connection otherwise you will basically be absorbed into the source and scattered into the infinite corners of that realm. Luckily for most since draconification goes out of its way to improve and protect the subject effected by it if they cannot safely form a connection they will skip that step.

For a drake yes. Wyverns neednt be intelligent prior and can be after the transformation but they will have missed the window to forge a connection. The source can best be described as a limitless pool of energy so you must have all of the aforementioned characteristics before the transformation reaches the point of connection otherwise you will basically be absorbed into the source and scattered into the infinite corners of that realm. Luckily for most since draconification goes out of its way to improve and protect the subject effected by it if they cannot safely form a connection they will skip that step.
Time to see what intelligent creatures my DnD books hold then. See if I can find something I want to make into a drake.

Primitive worlds are applicable. Even stone age humanity cold become drakes. So era is not hard set.
Upon scanning through some DnD creatures, I came across two that interested me. They both have 7 int, which is below average for a human, but normally beasts like wolves and deer have around a 3. Both are non humanoid, and both are capable of speech. One is a Winter Wolf, and the other is a Frost Salamander. Would I be able to use either to make a drake?

The other idea I had for producing a drake is taking a normal animal that is awakened by a druid. That would mean that they are already intelligent before being draconified and would end up as a drake (theoretically).

Lastly, I was wondering about the possibility of playing a pseudodragon? But this is just me being curious.

Upon scanning through some DnD creatures, I came across two that interested me. They both have 7 int, which is below average for a human, but normally beasts like wolves and deer have around a 3. Both are non humanoid, and both are capable of speech. One is a Winter Wolf, and the other is a Frost Salamander. Would I be able to use either to make a drake?

The other idea I had for producing a drake is taking a normal animal that is awakened by a druid. That would mean that they are already intelligent before being draconified and would end up as a drake (theoretically).

Lastly, I was wondering about the possibility of playing a pseudodragon? But this is just me being curious.
The first two work but not the druid one. Magic isn't gonna be a thing otherwise the source is kinda redundant.

Ah... I thought that it was just a place where you can draw magic from. Okay then. I'm perfectly fine with the first two then. Can I claim a drake spot and make myself a draconified Frost Salamander?

That said source manipulation is a pretty common thing for species to develop in one manner or another. For humans its dreams and deja vu. Others could theoretically develop other abilities such as being a frost salamander. The dragons and Thu'Aan are just the best at it.

That said source manipulation is a pretty common thing for species to develop in one manner or another. For humans its dreams and deja vu. Others could theoretically develop other abilities such as being a frost salamander. The dragons and Thu'Aan are just the best at it.
Thanks. I understand now. By the way, how is the CS thread coming along? When do you think it will be posted?

Notes
~~~
Humans have a special ability unique to them that only triggers when they are draconified known simply as "Rage power". Though emotional power may be more accurate. Due to humanities volatile emotions comparable to the rest of the cosmos their connection to the source actually fluctuates. When calm and under normal circumstances they are actually rather weak source users, not quite the lowest among species in the cosmos but certainly in the bottom 10%. However in moments of extreme rage or distress humans have been able to gain access to source power far beyond that of most species, some Human drakes have for brief periods been able to call upon enough source power to match a true dragon or a Thu'Aan.
~~~

There are three springs from which life blossomed in this universe. Most come from the Thu'ma whose baseline generic dna had much room to undergo change and became countless different lifeforms. The Thu'Aan also created several races for warfare and resource production that were freed from their oppressive masters billions of years ago and likely wouldn't even remember them. Finally there are many races who were draconified hundreds of millions of years ago and over time the dragon dna in them though heavily influencing thier development has mutated out making them a separate species susceptible to draconificaton. (Frost salamanders maybe?) You may choose whatever source your species comes from.
~~~​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back