• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Greatest OOC to Ever Live (That's This One) [CLOSED]

Erik didn't have character when I started so I decided to base his entire personality off of one of Exalted Chrom's crit lines in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Side note: I would place this as one of Rommel's 'human' forms

a7514019de2b0d279a69e1715b0a392b-sample.jpg
9230cb6f4987f988efbf5b72f350faf0-sample.jpg

Probably an event-only draw or a welfare.

Still uses 'he' as a pronoun.

His voice is a bit of a weird one, and I hesitated to choose a specific voice actor, but it's probably either androgynous as hell (too low to be female, but too soft to be male), or comprises of two voices mixed together.

Side note: I would place this as one of Rommel's 'human' forms

Probably an event-only draw or a welfare.

Still uses 'he' as a pronoun.

His voice is a bit of a weird one, and I hesitated to choose a specific voice actor, but it's probably either androgynous as hell (too low to be female, but too soft to be male), or comprises of two voices mixed together.
kili GIF

Wow, we've barely started and we're already making banners. Can't wait for the Halloween Harvest Festival variants.

Also I love how I completely sidelined Lucy in favor of characters who were intended to be NPCs.

In non-joking news, I've decided to call upon the power of this being a collaborative effort and say:

I have no idea what to do please help.

Wow, we've barely started and we're already making banners. Can't wait for the Halloween Harvest Festival variants.

Also I love how I completely sidelined Lucy in favor of characters who were intended to be NPCs.

In non-joking news, I've decided to call upon the power of this being a collaborative effort and say:

I have no idea what to do please help.
What do you mean you have no idea what to do? o.o

But that leaves questions unanswered. Mainly: just how much is Sylvia willing to pay and... um... okay just that.
I actually have Momoko said 'no need to do it right now' so you don't have to answer immediately, you can have Sylvia mulling the answer during the journey.

I don't know how to respond to all these posts. My brain's locked up.
I somehow missed the notification for the OOC chat, and I assume this RP isn't dead yet, but... Like suggested, Sylvia could be mulling over how much to pay, or we could just kind of skip over that and pretend she answered in a satisfactory manner, so that you don't have to name an exact amount or anything.

I've been thinking that after Casey eats what she would want next is more concrete information. If there's more threats in the area, take care of that first. If not, find a secure location to go over a map of the land, see the boundaries of the war, see where needs the most help, see where maybe some intel on the enemy could be gathered, see if there's a good route to go into the enemy kingdom since there seems to be no intel as to what's going on there, etc. Not to mention Casey needs a change of clothes and new gear, since she wasn't expecting to be called back into a war. Plus, as mentioned above, the other characters probably need something to eat as well.

I'm not saying all of this to overwhelm you, since part of the problem seems to be you're already overwhelmed, but if they are safe for the moment, the next step would be to make sure everyone is ready to face the task they were summoned for, in terms of gear/food and more advanced intel (at the very least, a map of the two kingdoms--and then Casey and whoever would ask some of the more detailed questions there).

I'm approaching this in a manner of 'what does my character need in order to be most effective at defeating the enemy,' as that's also how character Casey is going to be approaching it with her prior military experience, but don't stress too much about how you respond. If there's too many posts to respond to, just respond to the ones that seem the most relevant to your characters, or ignore individual posts and address the whole group, or whatever. In my opinion, it's better to have a crappy post that keeps the RP going than to not post and let it all die. :)

Honestly, I think this Roleplay actually is dead. Or rather, I'm shutting it down. I'm sorry but I just don't have the know how to actually write a war rp. I can barely write a half-decent fight scene.

Honestly, I think this Roleplay actually is dead. Or rather, I'm shutting it down. I'm sorry but I just don't have the know how to actually write a war rp. I can barely write a half-decent fight scene.
If you want to shut it down, that's your call.

Though, I just wanted to say, after eighteen years of writing, I still suck at fight scenes. :P It's only within the last couple of years that I've started to figure out how to write war/military tactics. Even then, I feel like my tactics are probably full of holes. Both of those areas are hard, so don't stress too much about them.

If you want to, we could do the same thing as suggested with the money, of pretending your characters gave input. Such as:

"What are the most active combat areas?" Casey asked. She watched as Sylvia pointed out regions along the southwest border of the two nations, stating a few town names as she did so. The town of Westview had been the most recent to fall.

/End example.

If you don't like something we fill in, or you want to modify it, you can just tell us here. But I think this is really only needed towards the beginning, as the heroes come up with a plan of action. Plus, they'll probably only be dealing with the areas that are on their path towards the enemy kingdom, as this isn't an enemy that seems to worry about numbers. More lives would be saved by basically ignoring some of the problem areas in order to strike directly at the enemy.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Don't know how anyone else feels. But it's ultimately your decision, and I know how hard it can be to GM a story you're not comfortable in.

I think I'm just gonna end it. If you guys want to keep going I can hand over gming to someone else but I highly doubt any of you joined this wanting to gm it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back