• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Greatest Heroes to Ever Live (That's You) [IC] [CLOSED]

Arak watched as the one named Erik came in to tell them of incoming enemies. He reached for his sword with his free hand, waiting to see his opponents before deciding which weapon he would use. The enemy wore armor, so Arak would use his dragon ax. Immediately, the others who were summoned with him engaged the soldiers. "Hmm, strange magics. This must be what Eli was speaking of." As badly as he thirsted for battle, the risk of hurting the others inadvertently was too high. He moved to stand between the queen and Erik and the enemy troops. Any time a stray warrior would come at him, the giant of a man would easily cleave his opponent in half, needing only one hand to use the ax.

"What... are they?" They were so easy to kill. Almost too easy. He slammed his ax beside him, embedding it in the temple floor so he could retrieve it later. Arak engaged with another soldier, using his gauntlet to block the swinging sword so he could get a feel for the opponent's strength. It was pitiful. It was insulting. Arak furrowed his brow, "Is this some kind of joke?!" He didn't block the next attack, feeling the blade make contact with his chest. Barely a scratch, not even blood. Arak grabbed onto the man by his throat and threw him at another in anger. He wanted a challenge.

He dispatched two others before going back to get his ax, standing beside the queen with an expression of dissatisfaction, "the others will make quick work of your enemies. There's no point in me getting in their way in such an enclosed space."

Music Box: Battling Limbo

• Erik Freyr
    Prince of Vanaheim

Erik was many things. A prince, a warrior, a helpful guy. But he certainly was not defenseless. He loved his sister to death but sometimes she was a bit overprotective.

"Stay behind me Erik!" She shouted, beating back a soldier with her rapier.

"Sylvie!" He complained. "I was literally just fighting off an army of these things!"

"Which is exactly why you should stay behind me!" Sylvia replied. "You've strained yourself enough for today!"

She held out her hand in a claw motion and let out a yell. A portal appeared above a group of soldiers and a foot appeared from it, smashing them to bits. Sylvia laughed which was a bit disturbing.

"Can't I fight at least one?" He asked. Suddenly, one of the soldiers charged, running in from Sylvia's blind spot. "Look out!" Erik shouted, stabbing the soldier through the chest. It slumped over.

"There. You've fought one." Sylvia said. "Are you happy?"

Music Box: Off
As soon as the one called Archer killed the Captain, the Limbo Soldiers stopped. Slowly, they turned to dust, even the dead ones. That settled one thing for sure: these guys weren't human.

Casey shifted into a ready position as the enemy rushed into the room, only for her left leg to give out. She caught herself with her magic in an instant, leaving her floating an inch off the ground. She reached out with her right hand and her broadsword materialized there. The movements and adjustments were automatic, though she had not fought in true combat for three years.

Whether those who had summoned her were on the side of good or not did not matter at the moment, would not matter if she died.

Casey’s sword met the blade of one of the Limbo soldiers and then she blasted him back a few steps with a flare of magic, knocking him off-balance. She had already zoomed forward and her sword skewered him. Then she was fighting another soldier, and another, taking them all out in similar fashions.

Maybe she wasn’t as rusty as she had thought.

Then the soldiers simply turned to dust, leaving her striking at empty air. Casey straightened up, though did not put away her sword.

Momoko

All the enemies suddenly turned to dust, changing Momoko from drenched in blood to smeared in dirt in an instant. She was so disappointed that she even forget her anger, just confusion and disgust. The samurai dragged her sword on the stone floor, making a noticable clattering noise and leaving a line on the floor as she advanced towards the queen.

"Allright, you witch. Time for explanation, and don't you dare using that magic on me again or I will make sure you and your boy toy will regret it!!"

BackSet BackSet

Sylvia Freyr
Queen of Vanaheim
Music Box: Off

Sylvia didn't flinch when the violent woman yelled at her. Her brother, however, made a wrenching noise.

"B-Boy toy!" He shouted. "That's disgusting! She's my sister!"

Sylvia sighed. "Erik, please calm down."

"How are you not disgusted by this!?" Erik replied.

Trust me, I am. Sylvia thought. Hopefully none of these heroes (or "heroes" in some cases) could read minds.

Sylvia would be lying if she said she wasn't a little intimidated (and disgusted) by the violent woman, but she refused to let it show on her face or in her body language. She knew she had nothing to be afraid of. At least, she was pretty sure. If the texts were right in addition to being able to freeze the heroes in place she was also immune to any attacks from the heroes. She wasn't so sure about Erik, though.

"The proper term is Sorceress." She said to the violent woman. She then took a step back onto the altar to get a clearer view of the group of heroes. "My name is Queen Sylvia. This is my brother, Prince Erik." She gestured to Erik who gave a friendly wave. "Our kingdom, Vanaheim, is in grave danger. A neighboring kingdom called Limbo has been decimating us. You just met their army. I preformed a ritual to summon heroes, that is, you from across the multiverse to aid Vanaheim. I don't expect you to assist us," Especially having met you. She added in her head. "But your aid would be greatly appreciated. And before you ask, I do not know how to send you home. As far as I'm aware, the only way for you to return home is to complete the task you were summoned here to do."

One hero, an archer clutching a golden bow, stepped out of a corner. "I've been summoned to another world?" He asked monotonously. Suddenly, he clasped his hands together, grinning. "I've always wanted to do that!" There was a beat. He placed his index finger on his chin. "At least, I think I have."

Last edited:
Arak's eyes widened when they all turned to dust. He fixed his expression and kept his cool, doing his best to keep his breathing under control. This world was absolutely insane. When the boy with the three blades confronted the queen once more, Arak walked up and scooped them up from the back of their chest strap again and set them down away from the queen, "that's enough out of you. Let the queen explain to us what we are all doing here before you jump to mindless violence."

Vanaheim. Limbo. He took note of the two names. So he was brought here to win this queen her war. He and many others it seemed. "What did you have in mind when it comes to winning this war? Are you looking to end things in a diplomatic way? Or were you looking for a more direct solution?" He posed his questions before continuing, "I will gladly help you, but I will need more information about who it is I am fighting."

BackSet BackSet

“Who started this war?” Casey asked as the large man’s questions ended. “What is it being fought over?” She had no problem helping those who wanted nothing but peace, but if she had been unknowingly bound to an unjust cause… Her grip on her sword tightened.

Momoko

"Let me go, you dumdum!" Momoko twisted her body again, using Arak's large hand to proper herself up and sent another kick to his face before she landed on the ground. This time she even did it faster than the last time, she might not looks like it but she learns quick when it comes to movement. She listened to the other's question. How they're going to win war was something that Momoko thought was already obvious, the queen wouldn't bother doing extradimensional summon if it can be done diplomatically and why the two kingdoms were at war was no concern to her.

"Allright, you bind us to an enslavement spell, but I refuse to be your slave. So how much are you willing to pay?" Momoko asked the queen, though her tone of voice made it looks more like a challenge than question.

BackSet BackSet Tetro Tetro

Sylvia Freyr
Queen of Vanaheim
A Queen's Plea ~ Sylvia's Theme

"That's the problem." Sylvia said in answer to the large man and the woman for whom I cannot come up with a good descriptive adjective for, sorry. "We don't know. All we know is that one day, soldiers claiming to serve the "King of Limbo" began attacking cities all over Vanaheim." "

"They didn't even send an official declaration of war!" Erik interjected. "Rude!

"Yes, thank you Erik." Sylvia said sarcastically. "Moving on, the most we can figure out is that Limbo is a land to the east formerly known as Asgard. We previously had good relations with Asgard but a year ago they closed their border. Now we know why. We tried sending messengers to get in contact with the King of Limbo, whoever he is, but none have returned and are presumed dead."

"Which is just awful!" Erik shouted. "Never shoot a messenger! That's a rule a universal, no, multiversal rule!"

Sylvia put her hand to her head. "Erik, please calm down." She turned her attention to the violent woman. "It is not an enslavement spell." If it was I would have ordered you to jump off a cliff a long time ago. She added in her head, exercising what she thought of as her queenly restraint. "The most I can do is freeze you in place, which honestly is a pretty basic spell any wizard worth their salt would know. Granted, it's a bit more powerful than your average freeze spell but that's besides the point. The point is, I have not enslaved you. I can not force you to do anything you do not want to do. Now, as for payment, it depends on what you want to be payed in."

"I see... So a kingdom pops out of nowhere where another once was, presumably, every messenger you've sent has been killed, and from the looks of things they're winning the conflict." When Sylvia explained herself a bit more regarding the 'freeze spell', as the young boy put it, Arak nodded. "I can understand your desperation. You had no other choice but to call for help where you could, and just barely in time. Well then," Arak approached Sylvia, disregarding the young one getting in the queen's face, "I will serve under your command. I ask for no payment but request as much authority as you can bestow upon me while I am under your service. To avoid conflict I would much rather take direct orders from you, and have the freedom to campaign as I see fit whenever such a thing would be allowed by you. I have no issue working with the others you have summoned," he looked around at everyone, taking note of the variety of them all, "but being a king of sorts in my own world, I have great experience in commanding troops and executing plans."

BackSet BackSet

latest
"Hmph, while I must say that being pulled so abruptly from my ceremony was quite boorish of you," Tori sighed behind her sleeve, the tension from the brief battle leaving her shoulders. "As the man before me has stated, I can sympathize with your situation. Very well then, I shall offer you my strength. You may command me as you see fit, but dare overstep your boundaries and you shall find yourselves facing a truly terrifying enemy."

A low rumble echoed throughout the chamber. The priestess' pale skin flushed a bright pink glow that crawled its way up to the tips of her ears. As any semblance of decorum she possessed began to crumble, she gently cleared her throat.

"That being said, I have been dancing from dusk till dawn and am quite famished. An opportunity to dine some time soon would be appreciated."

BackSet BackSet Tetro Tetro

Casey relaxed at their words and her bare feet gently hit the ground. Her broadsword vanished. She was not one to ignore those in need, even if the call for help had been a little abrupt. …Hopefully supper wasn’t burning on the stove. Even worse, though, she had no way to let Will know she was alright—but the only thing she could do about that was do her best to get back home.

Casey stepped forward, limping hard on her left leg, though the danger of falling over was past. “I wouldn’t mind some food as well, as I never got to finish the supper I was preparing. I also am in need of clothes and supplies, as I did not have the chance to ready them beforehand.”

She looked to the one that had called himself “a king of sorts” and gave him a soldier’s salute—two fingers to the throat and then her arm extending up, to signify nothing but death would stop them. “I will trust your judgement, then. I am Command… Casey. Just Casey.”

Her own war strategies had been disasters.

Rommel
"Hmph." Take the commander out, and the rest fall behind it. Those were the rules of this game, it seems. How fortunate he was that Darkeaters didn't function on such an easily collapsible structure. He kicked at the dust left behind by the once-soldiers. What a dull game. There were no lives on the line except his own. His opponents would not cling on to life, clawing for survival, biting, gnashing, struggling to the end. It was simply not fun. He twirled his sword between his fingers, paying negligible amounts of attention to whatever interactions his companions were having with each other at the side, prattling on about the why's and how's and something about payment. Those things were unimportant, irrelevant, and, on a whole, Rommel couldn't give less of a hoot. Once, he would have thought that talk, in general, was wasted effort. The clash of steel spoke more of a person's character than words. Words lie, but strength didn't. That was, until he met his heroine, where he did learn that talk was important for other things.

The way his summoner and his companions talked now, however, was a waste of breath and time. Strategise, fight, kill, win. That was all they needed to do now.

This was shaping up to be a wasted side trip. Whatever. If he kept killing, he'd be able to go back faster, and he'd be able to give his dear heroine a surprise that had been long coming. He finally moved towards the group, still wilfully playing with his sword as if it were no more than a toy.

"I am paid in blood and thrill. Sending me to the fields to fight and kill is enough recompense for having me participate in your sordid affairs. So long as you keep directing my sword to your foes, I will not need to be cared for, nor need be put under restraint collars like a rabid dog." He glanced towards the brunette with the red eyes. "No offense."

BackSet BackSet
Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Archer

It would seem Archers dispatching of the Captain wiped out the entire company. Which would mean that some if not all of the footsoldiers held a connection to their commanding officer. However such officers would likely be strong enough to defend themselves, so as to preserve their greater numbers. Scratching his chin and looking around the room. He couldn't sense any lingering magical energy. Which meant whatever operated these automatons had either centered the most energy on the captain or had imbued him with just enough energy to accomplish his mission. Sensing a shift in the landscape of his Origin Point. Archer was able to produce a replica of the swords used by the Limbo Automatons. There was nothing remarkable about it. Rather it was simply a weapon crafted for a grunt. With more theory in his head rather than solid knowledge. Archer chose to rejoin the rest of his comrades. All of them seemed to be grilling their summoner for information. A few among their number seemed to have exhausted themselves. His artificial existence made it a bit difficult to relate. Although Archer remembered enough about being alive to understand the dangers of fatigue.

"Before we make any sort of move. I'd recommend a chance to recollect ourselves. There are some who aren't yet ready to rejoin the battle" said the stoic seeming bowman. From his personal supplies. He had produced an assortment of tools necessary for food preparation. While he himself needed no such sustenance. His summonings had often paired him with those that do. As such he had put some time toward developing his culinary talents. Pouring a cup of green tea for the priestess and black tea for the one known as Casey. Archer then prepared two bowls of Eastern Style Curry Rice before topping both with an egg. Serving these compact meals to the two maidens. Archer encouraged them to eat to regain their strength.

Ineptitude Ineptitude Casey Jewels Casey Jewels

Momoko

"You seem to misunderstand something, queeeen." Momoko let out a dry laugh as she replied back to Sylvia.

"I'm used to fight without getting paid at all, but I want to see how much are you willing to sacrifice for your kingdom so give me your highest offer. Well, I guess no need to do it right now. I will take my payment after we claim the victory. I will trust you to pay it as much as I trust your words for the spell being not an enslavement one." Her last sentence was dripping with sarcasm but the samurai looked more relaxed as she sheathed back her sword. She glanced back at Rommel and simply let out a dismissive scoff. She actually agreed with him on blood and battle were already enough payment, but she refuse to put her fate on another person's hands. Not anymore.

"We should just storm their headquarter and slay their leader. The grunts would probably just turn into dust anyway right?? That's boring but let's do it quickly." Momoko spoke out her thought.

BackSet BackSet simj26 simj26

Arak blinked at Casey, looking the young girl over as she saluted him. When she almost identified herself as a commander he perked up. "You seem quite young to be a commander. I'm glad someone here has that kind of experience though. I take it that gesture you made to me is one of respect. My people have no such gestures for women, so instead, I will acknowledge you as Kasin." He turned to look at the dark figure and the aggressive boy when they spoke up. They sounded like children who had never fought the unknown before.

"And what good would blindly fighting and charging headfirst into battle do? They could keep their commanders in the back lines and send endless waves of fodder, causing a distraction while their more powerful warriors ambush us. If we are to succeed then a plan is needed. From what we know so far with the information we have, they hold the advantage of attrition as it stands. Our first priority should be recollecting ourselves, as this one has put it." He gestured to Archer as he fed the two girls.

He did a double-take, looking at Kasin. He had forgotten to ask if her husband would be ok with her being under the command of another man. Was she even old enough to marry? Arak couldn't tell. Most of the people here were small and looked like children. He shifted and looked around, hoping that the answers would simply come to him if he thought about it enough. He would have to find someone to teach him about what exactly everyone here was.
Casey Jewels Casey Jewels Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread simj26 simj26 Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Rommel
His jaw cracked open, and Rommel burst out laughing, a wild raucous cacophony erupting from the gap where his mouth should be. How naive! How awfully naive! For someone with so much muscle and an envious body, this man was not only capable of joking, he was also more cowardly than he looked! "And what's so wrong about that?! Battle was what I was made for! Plans, strategies, schemes, those are completely out of my jurisdiction!" He let out one more laugh, before calming down. He took in a slow, hissing breath, then exhaled, before looking up to face the muscle-bound warrior. "Get this in your head, man, I never said we didn't need a plan. I said to point my sword in the direction of where they need dead bodies. Do you need me to elaborate what I meant for you?" He stepped forwards slowly, deliberately. "The brains can sit in their tent, planning, strategising, plotting, scheming, but without their blades, their plans will amount to nothing. A warrior like me, one who thrives in battle, will be their blade. I will act on their orders as given, and I will fight, and kill, and fight, and kill some more as I am instructed. Do you get it now?" Rommel raised a hand, and snapped his fingers, making an empty, metallic click. "I advocate plans and strategies, I just won't participate in the formulation, I would be better suited to carry them out."

"Besides," he turned away from the warrior, marching over to where one of the others had prepared a couple of bowls of food, and unceremoniously snatched up one of the bowls, "is the existence of 'powerful warriors' enough to frighten you?" He held up the bowl of what looked like rice topped with a brown gravy and an egg. "Observe this dish. If you eat merely the rice, it would be dull, tasteless, boring. It would fill you, but it would taste like nothing. Now, the gravy adds to the rice, turning it from bland rubbish to something more...savoury. Something you could eat, and call it 'good'." He slammed his sword into the ground, stabbing the blade through the floor, then raised his now free hand towards the egg, and pointed directly at the soft yolk that wobbled temptingly atop the meal. "Now, cometh the flourish," he whispered, just loud enough for all to hear. "You top the meal with something else. An egg, a chicken, beef, whatever. It adds to the experience. Even something as insignificant as an egg could make a dish all that more delicious. Imagine, if you will, if I but prick this egg with my finger, its golden contents will overflow, rushing down the mountain of rice and gravy, and when you mix all the flavours together, you get a taste most pleasing than whatever you had before." Rommel paused, his sharp talon for a finger hovering just an inch above the egg, before he let his hand fall to his side, then returned the bowl to its owner. "Powerful warriors are just that for me. The one thing that completes the dish. Simple battles and wars are the bread and butter of my life. Something or someone worth killing or fighting adds just that much more to the experience, like the egg" He took hold of his sword's handle, and without much effort, extracted the blade from the floor. "That said, I don't expect anyone who wasn't born for war to understand, or to listen. Carry on with your 'recollection'." He turned towards the entrance of the temple from where the soldiers had poured in earlier. "If you ask me, this isn't exactly the place I would sit around and 'recollect', as you put it. There's dead puppet dust in the air, for one. You might want to check what goes into your mouth before you start chewing. That, and they know we're here, and there's always the risk of having more reinforcements arrive. " Rommel thought for a second, then shrugged dismissively. "Eh, more things to kill, I suppose, so take your time to eat your fill, drink 'til you're drunk, and lick your wounds. I'll go keep watch."

He spun his sword around, and made his way towards the door of the temple, and leaned against the side of it, crossing his arms. Oh, how he missed her. Just to feel her steel against his, to see the gritted teeth as she pushed back against his violent advance, to see her give her all to fighting him again, he would do anything. He did not think any of the oafish fools here would ever understand that feeling. Time was a-wasting, and they would rather sit and eat, and be merry in some dusty old temple filled with dead people dust. Even Darkeaters had some sense for mood-setting.

Rommel sighed deeply, and resigned himself to a quiet vigil.

Tetro Tetro
Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

"The gesture is both a sign of respect and of comradeship," Casey replied. "Though I am not sure what being a woman has to do with anything." The words were said with more sting than she had meant, but the last human who had expressed such sentiments had tried to kill her simply because she had been born a girl. She spoke again, though this time her tone was level. "I grew up in a war. Not to say I was a great commander by any means, not during the war itself, but there is so much I would do differently now, even with only a few years to separate me from my younger self."

Casey quietly took her bowl back from the dark creature, though she still had misgivings about him. All his talk of violence and bloodshed made him seem like anything but a hero, yet he had been called here with the rest of them. Though, he also had made no move to attack them and had raised several valid points. Still, Casey slid to the ground (careful of the dust) and started to eat the rice and whatever else. It was not a dish she had tasted before, though she could identify the individual ingredients. Still, it was quite good.

"Thanks," she said to the bowman.

But her mind quickly shifted from the food back to her companions and their words.

It was true, that they were behaving foolishly. So much squabbling and talk when the enemy could potentially appear again at any moment. For all they knew, the dust would rise back up to become soldiers again as soon as a new Limbo captain appeared. Yet, it did not change the fact that she was hungry and presently ill-equipped for a war. In a way, they were all right (except the girl who reminded her so much of her younger self). It was foolish to stay here, foolish to do nothing more than talk, but she was still orienting herself--both to this new world, and to being back in a war.

Tetro Tetro Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia simj26 simj26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back