• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Great War (SirLostBoy x Chibi_Girl)

Jyns smile faded a bit when his side seemed to be bothering him so she gently pressed her glowing hand against it to make it heal faster. Her smile soon started to return as he spoke again, especially at his last words as his hand remained on her face. For some reason, she never wanted this moment to end, she was perfectly content with things just staying as they are right now. Nothing else mattered at the moment, not her past, not her fears, not even her people. However, all good things must come to an end and that end came when Arty mentioned the army, causing her smile to fall completely, “....they.....they’re gone.....they went back to base...” she muttered quietly as she looked off into the distance where the army once stood, an unreadable look on her face.

"Well damn....I should have expected they had something up their sleeve, but I just was too caught up in the moment. It's okay though....we'll figure out our next move. I don't know exactly what it is yet but we'll figure it out that much I can promise...no matter what eh?" he said confidently as he gave her a reassuring smile. This was definitely a setback and not an easy one to fix but he wasn't giving up that easily and he knew that, though it might not be in the super near future that they would figure out a way to end this war peacefully.

Jyn continued to look off into the distance as she spoke, remembering Draq’s words “...no....I need to go back and stop them...alone.....” a slight flare of that same determination could be seen burning in her eyes, as she believed that if she could stop the lizard army from attacking before they recovered and try to get through to others besides the lizard folk that just might listen to her, then maybe she can end this all. And after what just happened, she refused to let Art be involved in this, she didn’t want him to get hurt again...or worse.

"Like Hell you're going alone!" He argued obstinately as he shot up for moment but immediately recoiled for a moment as the sudden movement irritated his wound for a moment. "Shit....anyways you aren't going alone, what's going to happen if this happens again? No I can't let you do that alone. I'm going with you." He said in a determined voice. He literally just saved her and it seems like, again, she was going to jump into the maw of danger by herself and he couldn't let that happen.

Jyn flinched a bit as he shot up, but quickly gave him a serious look, “this isn’t up for debate...just look at yourself, your in no condition to fight and the army isn’t going to take a long time to recover so as soon as I’m finished healing you I’m going back to stop them. Besides the lizard folk are the most hard headed of them all, so it should be easier to convince the others to stop the fighting for I get there in time. I’ll be fine....” She knew that she was just putting herself back into danger again, but she couldn’t help it as she needed to act fast if she wanted to stop another attack before it got out of hand, or worse before the lizard warriors convince more non humans to start fighting with them.

"That's.....fine...if this is what you need to do...." Arty said as first he was going to protest more but he could see the determined look in her face and he wasn't going to be the person to get in the way of that. He knew what it meant to keep moving on from failures and if this is what she need at this moment he wasn't going to interfere with it. "But...I swear to the Gods that if you die on me I will be so freaking mad..." the prince said with a slight joking huff, though not really, as he leaned into her a bit and couldn't really hide the concerned look in his eyes.

Jyn slightly ginned at him, glad that he agreed to let he go and take care of this herself. Though, she felt a bit bad at seeing the concern in his eyes and held him close to her. "...thank you...and I won't die, alright?.....I promise.." She really did want to keep that promise, as she needed to fix this, this was her mess after all. She just hoped that she had truly seen the hesitation in Draq's eyes before he tried to attack, as she wanted to believe that fighting her own kind wasn't just hard on herself alone. After a while, she finished healing him and slowly started to pull him up to his feet, wanting to take him back inside the castle although she wasn't to sure that she would be allowed to. "...just stay inside and rest....i'll be back as soon as I can.."

Arty smiled back at her as she helped him up to his feet. "Welp....this is awkward....." Arty said with a slight blush as he came to realize that his army had just been standing around watching the entire scene unfold in front of them.Arty never really got embarrassed but when he did, he would feel very embarrassed. He tried to hide his face a little bit as he start to feel hot around the ears as they started walking in that direction. "God, the rumor mill is going to work overtime tonight....to think the things they are going to say...." he said defeatedly, more to himself than to Jyn.

Jyn paused a bit as well when she realized that they were being watched the entire time, unsure of whether or not she should be embarrassed or afraid, or both. However, she just did her best to ignore the army as she walked him towards the entrance of the castle, starting to feel extremely uncomfortable for more reasons than one. She heard him speaking and just sighed in defeat herself as she brought him inside, knowing that be must he embarrassed too. "...where do you want me to take you?" She asked, as she really didn't know the layout of the castle at all.

Last edited:
"It's okay, you can leave me here.....you got things to do and I can at least walk myself back to the castle...I can do at least that much." He said to her as he started to walked for himself with only a slight limp. Captain Erika came forward to try to help Arty but he pushed her away. "I'll be fine Erika....just you and everybody else let the rest of the city know that it's safe to come out now..." he said with a sigh and a slight grunt. He didn't mean to purposefully dismiss his captain like that, but there was a combination of determination to do this much for himself and guilt for having attacked her father. "Oh and you can keep those things till you come back.... again, insurance that you come back alive ok?" Arty turned back for a moment to Jyn to say that before continuing to walk to the castle. Shadowfax came up when he got close and they walked back together.

Jyn nodded as he started to walk for himself, he was right about her having things to do after all. She gave him a small smile, "thanks.....and stop worrying about me already....i'll be fine" she replied before she turned away herself and made her way out of the castle, fixing her cloak and pulling up her hood as she did so in order to be invisible once more. And with that, she started to make her way back to the forest, praying that she would be able to stop them in time before anything bad happened. Though, she looked down at her ring less hand and remembered that the ring had been tossed earlier in her scuffle with Draq, she sighed a bit knowing that finding the thing was something else that she needed to do.

"Idiot...doing crazy shit like this.....how can I not worry?" he said with a shake of his head a smirk as he walked back towards the castle. He paused for a second in front of the unconscious body of the Lord Edelgard. "....put him in the big dungeon suite....I'll figure out what to do with him later...." he said softly as he pointed and directed his soldiers, slightly trying to avoid eye contact with his Captain. "Hey, Merlin, I'm going to get take a potion and rest in your chambers for a bit, you're in charge during that time. Let me know if anything changes at all ok? Seriously now, none of this I need to rest shit, we don't have time for that," Arty said as he called down and pointed at the old wizard, his voice laced with intense seriousness before giving up and let shadowfax fly him the rest of the way to the wizards tower. The old wizard merely bowed and stated "I'll do as you with your Majesty;" before turning to the Captain of the guard. "Captain Erika, if you could, in say an hour, check on his Majesty to make sure he hasn't died while I am attending to these issues?" "Of course archwizard whatever you need." the Captain said with both sincerity and surprise as usually the prince never needs or wants anyone checking on him, but this is probably different. Additionally while she felt torn between her prince and her father, she knew her father was out of line and she would always trust Arty cuz they've been friends for as long as she can remember.

Jyn soon entered the forest and was about to start making her way to base when she was suddenly filled with dread for some reason. Something just seemed...wrong, it was all too quiet, like something was about to go down and all the animals sensed it and fled..or something had already gone wrong. No matter what it was, it made Jyn start to fly, not towards the base though, but to her home as it was her gut instinct to go there instead, and she listened to it......which would soon prove to be a mistake. As soon as she got a good look at her cabin, she let out a gasp of horror. The entire structure was in shambles, and it would be a miracle if anything inside had survived whatever force had broken her home. She went over to what was once her home and collapsed to her knees, devastated. This was her home, her safe place, where she could always hide away in, and it had all of her belongings inside, all that she ever had and owned. But, now it was all reduced to shambles. Jyn just stared at the mess in complete shock, wondering just who had done this, as the lizard army all went back to base to recover....right? She then heard a snapping of a twig behind her.

Arty soon got into the wizard's tower with Shadowfax keeping watch outside. Arty walked into a side room on the immediate left of the room which was the potion room. Shelved lines the walls with all sort of different looking potions and ingredients, and a large, ornate, alchemy table in the middle of the room. The prince pulled a small cherry red glass potion from the small shelf in the back corner of the room. He quickly downed the drink before he laid down on the spare cot int the tower. As he laid down the firs thing he thought of was that he hadn't been in year for ages; since he was a young boy learning magic from Merlin who was still as old and pushy as ever but kind all the same. It didn't take but a few moments for Arty to quickly fall into a deep sleep.

It all of a sudden clicked in her mind as she snapped her head towards the noise. The lizard warriors that she had chained up, they didn't go back with the rest of them, they must have escaped and instead of joining the fight they must have come back here and.....and....Her thoughts were concluded when she saw Rhaz emerge from the bushes behind her a few yards away. Jyn narrowed her eyes at him as she pushed herself back to her feet, furious at what he and the rest had done. ".....I tried to warn Jyn.....but you didn't want to listen did you?" He chided as he kept some distance in between them. Jyn glared at him, "How could you do this?! I am trying to do what it best for us, why can't any of you understand that?!....If we continue this was then we are only going to loose more and more of our people, but if just stop and think for a moment then we can come to an agreement with the humans and live peacefully..but...but you go off and do this?! She motioned to the crumbled structure of her cabin, "this is just cruel and you know it! even Draq wouldn't stoop this low!" That last comment seemed to have an impact on Rhaz, as he looked up to Draq and wanted to be a strong leader like him one day. Jyn was aware of this but wasn't directly trying to pull his heartstrings like that, though she was still angry so she wasn't really thinking before she spoke.

Arty's nap was definitely not restful. He started seeing different visions of a horrifying war of giant armies of humans and armies full of non humans that were charging each other, the rest of the battlefield littered with dead bodies of both fighters and civilians, patches of villages and cities burning in great flames. Arty tosses and turns in his sleep as he hears screams of man, woman, and children alike, and even seeing a vision of Jyn surrounded by a large group of lizard men preparing to attack her. Then, suddenly, he feels wet all over as he notices that he seems surrounded by cold darkness. He feels as if he was floating on a lake of black water and couldn't even move as he witnesses some mysterious lady float down to just a few inches above him. "What are you doing here....there is no time for sleeping child...." is all this mysterious woman says as he with a slight push, Arty feels himself falling into the sea of darkness and feels himself drowning. A moment later he shoots in a pool of sweat as he attempts to catch his breath and looks around to see himself still in the tower and tries to figure out what that dream meant if anything at all.

Rhaz seemed to quiet down after that comment and Jyn immediately regretted her choice of words but before she can say anything, Rhaz suddenly pulled out a throwing dagger and threw it at her. She wasted no time and dodged the knife but she then saw the rest of the group of the lizards that she had restrained earlier come out of the trees and bushes, him throwing that knife must have been a signal or something she thought. There really wasn't much time to think about anything else though, like how they managed to all sneak up on her like this as she saw them pointing their arrows at her, which made her start to panic, even more so when she heard Rhaz yell, "fire!". Jyn did her best to dodge all the arrows but one managed to graze her upper arm. Pure agony was all she felt as the arrow made a small cut on her, and she knew that she couldn't continue on like this, and she didn't even have the energy to use her magic at this point either. So, she did the one thing that she knew how to do, she ran.

"What was that about....?" he kept thinking to himself as he got up from the cot. I mean he has had bad dreams before but this was different. He's never had someone interact with him before like this. As he stood up he heard a knocking at the door; "Arty? you ok?? Open up!" came the voice of Captain Erika through the door. "Ok ok calm down I'm opening the door!" he shouted as he quickly walked over and opened the door. "Is something wrong?" Arty asked as he looked at his Captain with concern. "Oh, no everything is good and quiet now, I just wanted to make sure you weren't dead," She said with a curious look on her face as to his concern. "And you couldn't have done it any more quieter?" he said to which she responded, "Well if I did it any quieter you wouldn't have woken up," she said obstinately as she stuck her tongue out at him. "Ok, ok you goof that's enough out of you," he said as he allowed himself a small smile as he patted her on the head and walked out.

As he walked out of the tower, he felt a chill air hit him to his soul. It felt different. As if something was trying to tell him something. Then he go curious. "Captain, return to Merlin and tell him that I'm going on a walk and I'll be back soon. Shadowfax, you come with me for now." The prince said as he hopped onto the pegasus and they flew off to the spot he remembered seeing Jyn last. He hopped off to the spot in the forest where he saved Jyn and looked around for a moment as he pulled off his left gauntlet; this spell was a lot easier with tactile feel. He closed his eyes and stuck his hand out while he muttered the magical incantation. Soon, his hand glowed a soft yellow light and he opened his eyes as he waved it around the area. It took him about ten minutes and he though it might be fruitless until his hand suddenly started to glow brighter and warmer as he found the trail which eventually lead him to his ring of sending that he had lent Jyn. "Goddamnit....what did I say about you being an idiot?" He cursed under his breath as he turned to Shadowfax. "Ok boy, you are going back, and no objections! I need to this alone and with some discretion! If Merlin comes looking just tell him I went on a hunt and I'll be back.....if anything goes wrong I'll contact you first ok?" The prince said as he quickly stopped the steed from interrupting as he walked over and gave him a loving pet on his mane. "I'll be fine boy, now get!" he said with a reassuring smile before he made a sharp turn, the blue cape billowing behind as he ran into the forest to find Jyn.

Jyn didn't know how long she had been running for but she eventually was forced to stop as her legs wouldn't carry her any further and the stabbing pains in her arms were becoming to much. So she hid in a cave like structure to try and catch her breath and access the damage, as she seemed to have lost the lizard folk for now. After taking a look at her upper arm, she grimaced at the sight, as small cut from where the arrow got her was already black, and her veins around the wound were starting to turn black as well, "..shit.." she muttered quietly. The archers were known for using their own naturally produced poison on the tips of their arrows, and sometimes even enhanced the damage of the poison with others from like from poisonous plants and herbs. And by the looks at how fast the poison was spreading with such a small amount, that was most likely the case. Jyn just held her arm tightly and tried to breathe through the pain, she didn't even have anything to flush the wound out with but by this point she knew that doing so probably wouldn't do much anymore. So she just stayed there and tried to think of what to do next, when she noticed something on the ground by her. With a shaking hand, she picked it up and was surprised to discover that it was the ring that Arty had given her.

"What the hell am I doing.... I don't even know where she is and I'm just trucking along in the forest alone..." He said aloud to himself as he kept running through the forest. But he stopped for a moment as he began to notice fresh tracks of lizard men. He dropped down low feeling the tracks and noting their warmth. "They were here recently.... I guess I'll follow this for now...." He muttered as he started following the tracks.

"....how the fuck did this even get here?" Jyn muttered to herself as she looked at the ring, as even Draq wasn't that strong to toss it all the way out here. Someone must have found it...and taken it here. Just thinking about that made her start to panic again and feel the need to run again so she tried to get up and do so but barely even made it to her feet before she collapsed once again, letting out a small cry as she landed on her bad arm. This wasn't good, the person that put the ring there was probably going to come back shortly and she no longer had the strength to fight...or even run for that matter. She didn't even know if the severity of the poison would be enough to kill her or not, as non humans were usually supposed to be less affected by the poisons when compared to humans, but things can change when the poisons become enhanced.

Arty had lost the tracks but soon found the remains of Jyn's broken home. "What happened here?" he wondered as he looked around the rubble for any clues as to Jyn's whereabouts and found the drips of some sort of black liquid; "I should probably take some of this back with me just in case...." he pulled out a small pouch and put the black liquid in there. It took him a few minutes but he eventually found new pair of different tracks following what looked like a smaller set of footprints. Soon he lost them though as the forest got denser and more clustered. "I got to see if I can find something....I don't have a good feeling about this..." he muttered as he scrambled to find some sort of new leads.

Jyn looked at the ring and sighed, "...well so much for not doing anything stupid.." she muttered to herself as she put the ring back on and tried to use it, knowing that she needed help even though it pained her to admit it. "...please work..." she whispered as she desperately tried to get a hold of him. Jyn then felt her heart stop as she heard some rustling right outside the cave she was in, that couldn't be Arty...could it? If not, then she would be screwed as she couldn't even left up her arm at this point, and the black veins were only spreading even further.

Arty searched the area, taking a wider berth as he did so and soon found what seemed to be the opening to a cave. At the same time he felt a tinge of magic in his mind as it felt like someone was trying to contact him but he couldn't tell who it was. Arty wasn't sure what was in that cave so he snuck up closely to the cave and tried to spy in to see if he could spy into the cave. He couldn't see what was inside as the shadows hid whatever was inside. "fuck it...." he muttered to himself as he snuck up on the cave slowly. As he got closer to the cave he pulled out his sword, and is it glowed and crackled it shone out a small area of light around him to get a better look into the cave.

Jyn started to internally panic as she heard the noises get closer to the cave, but she then noticed what looked to be a light source of some kind coming from just outside the cave. Not really knowing what to think of that, she slowly started to move closer to the entrance, being as quiet and sneaky as possible. This was mostly because this light didn't look like anything the lizards would use at all so she believed that this wasn't one of them, though she still wasn't sure of that was a good thing or not. As she crept closer to the light, she sniffed the air a bit and caught a whiff of a familiar scent and realized that the light was from his sword, "A-Arty?" Jyn muttered desperately, praying that her guess was right as she tried to move faster to where he was but her legs gave out on her before she could make it and she let out yelp as she fell to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back