• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Great Mage Hunt of Delaran interest check (Currently Closed)

Jackaboi

One Thousand Club
Welcome to Delaran!

A place where casters of spells and weavers of the arcana are hunted and destroyed. Mages are fighting a losing battle against the great nation of Delaran, hunted down and killed like animals by order of King Reverend Moonfire. The Mage Eradication Unit, aka the M.E.U, formed by Grandmaster Isaac Baelsar and the greatest warriors the nation has to offer set out to accomplish this great fea,t to wipe out all the Magi who dare tread upon the soil of this great kingdom. The people of Delaran consider magic to be a corrupting force with too much power for one man to be trusted with. Thus they must eradicate this "evil" by cutting it at the root. But as you may know not all mages are evil, as a matter of fact very few mages harbour any ill intent to begin with. However it was the few bad apples that caused this to begin with. So what do you do?

Are you a learner of the arcane arts struggling to survive in this unforgiving world? Hiding in plain sight among the crowds of people who dwell in the city of Delaran? Or are you a soldier of the M.E.U? A warrior with the skills and tools needed to go toe-to-toe with the spellcasters?

You decide!

Neither side holds the title of the "good guy" or "bad guy" so fight for what you believe in!

This is an updated version of a previous interest check with much more information and a decent world set up.

More info here!
Fantasy - The Lore of Delaran

OOC Here!
Fantasy - The Great OOC of Delaran

Characters!
Fantasy - The Warriors and Mages of Delaran (Character Sheets)

Main Thread!
The Great Mage Hunt of Delaran

Last edited:
Hm... interesting... I mean I thought this idea for a rp was kinda neat :/

This rp is still very much open and in need of new players~ Leave a message either here or in ooc if you’re interested!

Sounds pretty interesting. You still looking? I have an idea for a mercenary-esqe character, if that works.

Ohh boyyy, you've really got my imagination running wild with this.
There I was, stuck in my creative slump, when BOOM. Inspiration. I have some ideas, but I might be pushing it a bit so I'd like to run it over with you first.
So I read up on the lore, and it got me thinking. Mages are born with a magical affinity, but say if they only had access to their secondary magic, could they live their whole life thinking that they were non-magic? Maybe passing off anything unusual as a strange occurrence. Could secondary mages potentially fly under the radar of the MEU? Thus, from this, the seed of a possible character began to sprout.

I was thinking that my character could possibly be recruited into the MEU. In my head, he's a bit of a jackass. A self-serving, roguish type that lived his life in the slums, making a name for himself by unknowingly using his secondary abilities to give him a reputation. Perhaps he took down a mage, catching the attention of the MEU and then enlisted in their forces after some extensive training.

Of course, if this is a bit far-fetched then please let me know.

Ohh boyyy, you've really got my imagination running wild with this.
There I was, stuck in my creative slump, when BOOM. Inspiration. I have some ideas, but I might be pushing it a bit so I'd like to run it over with you first.
So I read up on the lore, and it got me thinking. Mages are born with a magical affinity, but say if they only had access to their secondary magic, could they live their whole life thinking that they were non-magic? Maybe passing off anything unusual as a strange occurrence. Could secondary mages potentially fly under the radar of the MEU? Thus, from this, the seed of a possible character began to sprout.

I was thinking that my character could possibly be recruited into the MEU. In my head, he's a bit of a jackass. A self-serving, roguish type that lived his life in the slums, making a name for himself by unknowingly using his secondary abilities to give him a reputation. Perhaps he took down a mage, catching the attention of the MEU and then enlisted in their forces after some extensive training.

Of course, if this is a bit far-fetched then please let me know.
It makes sense how people only born with secondary magic would be harder to notice, so I can definitely see something like that happen, I’ll have a look at your character when it’s upand we’ll see from there

It makes sense how people only born with secondary magic would be harder to notice, so I can definitely see something like that happen, I’ll have a look at your character when it’s upand we’ll see from there
Okay great! Hopefully I'll be able to get most of it done by tonight and refine some details later. Though I would like your input on some secondary abilities that might work. I'm having a bit of a struggle since I'm trying to find something that's not outrightly destructive but can be adapted to use in combat. I have to admit, the ideas that I have so far probably toe the line a little.

My first thought was telekinesis since it'd be subtle enough to hide and isn't really a flashy, destructive magic unless it's applied to cause harm. But maybe its uses are too broad to be just secondary.

The second idea is something like physical enhancement? Like upping his strength, speed and whatnot since again, it's subtle and could be passed off as the result of intense training. It's sorta like telekensis where it's not necessarily destructive, unless applied that way. It's a tool that'll make him better for a limited period of time. I'm probably stretching it a bit with this one.

My third idea is an ability that warps time. It's limited by the fact that it only slows down time, so my character is essentially using it to see in slow motion when engaged in combat. It's subtle, since it only effects my character, as observers will see no difference.

Do you think any of these would fit into secondary magic? If not, it's back to the drawing board for me

Okay great! Hopefully I'll be able to get most of it done by tonight and refine some details later. Though I would like your input on some secondary abilities that might work. I'm having a bit of a struggle since I'm trying to find something that's not outrightly destructive but can be adapted to use in combat. I have to admit, the ideas that I have so far probably toe the line a little.

My first thought was telekinesis since it'd be subtle enough to hide and isn't really a flashy, destructive magic unless it's applied to cause harm. But maybe its uses are too broad to be just secondary.

The second idea is something like physical enhancement? Like upping his strength, speed and whatnot since again, it's subtle and could be passed off as the result of intense training. It's sorta like telekensis where it's not necessarily destructive, unless applied that way. It's a tool that'll make him better for a limited period of time. I'm probably stretching it a bit with this one.

My third idea is an ability that warps time. It's limited by the fact that it only slows down time, so my character is essentially using it to see in slow motion when engaged in combat. It's subtle, since it only effects my character, as observers will see no difference.

Do you think any of these would fit into secondary magic? If not, it's back to the drawing board for me
Since you’ll have secondary magic only I’ll offer a little bit of leniency and let telekinesis be a thing, just remember m.e.u weaponry were enchanted to resist magic so there won’t be any tanking weapons out of peoples hands

I’d also be fine with physical enhancement, I’d recommend adding certain drawbacks depending on how much enhancement they gain

This looks pretty cool. I guess I'll throw my hat in and work on a character lul.

This looks pretty cool. I guess I'll throw my hat in and work on a character lul.
Great to hear, this'll be the last I'll accept for now without it getting too much to handle so can't wait to see what you have in store

Users who are viewing this thread

Back