• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Great Mage Hunt of Delaran (Currently Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Issac and Elisa

The two soldiers watched as Gideon obediently did as he was ordered, causing no trouble as Elisa calmly closed the metal bars and locked him in. The expression on her face even more conflicted than ever. The girl stayed silent as she backed away from the cage doors and Isaac closed in. "You're going to stay there until I know what to do with you..." Isaac started to debate whether he really should tell the King about this situation. Mage or no mage Gideon was Isaac's comrade for as long as he could remember. If it were up to him he'd be exiled, but the King... His vengeance is strong, strong enough to cut any long ties with those that speak up against him. Gideon would not survive for longer than a day if he found out. "I'll... Delay your sentencing as much as I can... But there's only so much I can do..." Then his eyes lit up for a brief moment. Remembering Gideon was here for something important. "You came here to tell me something. What was it."

Meanwhile Elisa needed to be somewhere else. She couldn't keep overthinking this situation and instead kept an eye on Gildal and Gremble. A mere excuse to get away from that mess. She watched as the stone glowed red in the presence of one of the prisoners. To which Gildal responded with forcing open the cell and pulling out the prisoner, only for the saviour to end up incinerating the poor wretch. "This Black Magic... I know little about it... What is it that makes the stuff so hated in your community?"

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder

Jackaboi Jackaboi

Gremble cleaned his throat as he went from cell to cell. "Theorictically, the act of obtaining Black Magic is beneficial to the user. It doubles your magic strength and mana control. However... There is a catch. In order for a Black Mage to not be consumed by their magic, they must fuel it using human sacrifices."

"Which is why we believe Black Magic to spawn from tainted mana. You sacrifice your morality and in many ways your sanity to obtain forbidden power. That's why I despise Black Mages. They chose power over freedom... A choice I will make them regret ever making."

"We... Had a group of black mages sneak into Magus a few months back." Gremble stated, pausing in his task to face Elisa. "They killed several innocent lives... Including that of Gildal's sister. We managed to drive them off, but we have yet to recover from the damage. I worked alongside the Sages to devise a way to prevent such a tragedy to happen again." Gremble looked down at the gemstone in his hand. "That was when we made these. Mana crystals capable of tracking it's own energy source in other beings and detecting if that source is tainted in anyway."

"We should get back to work... Wouldn't want the Grandmaster getting impatient with us." Gildal remarked as he briefly looked towards Elisa. "Do you still have my staff with you? It would make this easier." Even with his casual attitude and commanding presence... The cracks in his form revealed the broken soul yearning for a chance to change fate... And one that only knew how to blame himself for what happened.

Throughout the Colassi Tower, the sound of song could be heard. It was faint, but echoed throughout the entirety of the building, reaching even the dungeon. It was a sorrowful song, one that lamented a hero.; one that lamented someone precious to the singer. Those that had heard her before would recognize this as the singing of Ayane Goldwood, though where she was would be another story. The song was faint enough that locating her was somewhat hard, though any that put a little effort into searching would find her sitting alone outside against the back wall of the tower, alongside her mother's blade rested against her and the tower. All she did was sing, unaware of the world around her, almost ignoring everything.

Sitting where Blake had been prior, a young woman, book in hand, sat there, reading. Were Lily to approach from the front, which would be likely given Iris' seated position, she'd be able to see the title on the book; "History of Delaran Vol. 0". Closing the book, Iris looked up at the arrival of the girl.

"Greetings... You must be Lily," Iris spoke softly, setting the book down next to herself. "I've heard much about you from Varus." Iris pulled out a dagger, same exact design as the ones used by Varus prior. "I suppose you're not here to hear about yourself, are you?" She stated, standing up, book once more in hand. "I'm curious, really. If you wouldn't mind telling, how much do you know Varus?" Iris questioned, albeit she knew the answer but wouldn't let the girl know. "If he's told you as much as I believe he has, then I may be capable of letting you in on a few secrets."

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder

"Ah, the time has come..." Iris spoke to herself, leaned against a wall in an alleyway, having heard word of the king's grand speech. She let a little bit of mana drip from her palm, held open and downward hanging just in front of her. The light glow of her mana caught the attention of a female soldier passing by, whom entered to investigate. Immediately, the soldier took note of the unusually well-lit spot that Iris occupied. Drawing blade, the woman spoke. "Apologies madam, but you're looking fairly suspicious right now. If you don't mind, I'm going to be taking you into custody."

"I refuse," Iris stated. "A shame," the soldier spoke, swiftly slashing to kill the woman. A light flickering light could be seen from the alleyway by any passerby directly beside the dark crevice between the buildings, but by the time anyone could investigate, all that remained was a broken blade and a light crack in the ground beneath it, as though someone had smashed their blade into the ground and broken it.

"You are not my target," Iris spoke to the soldier she held her blade to the throat of, keeping the woman's mouth shut with her hand. "I'm going to give you two choices. Either you can forget you ever saw me, or I can kill you now and save you the trouble of forgetting. Now then, which do you prefer?"

Iris let go of the woman's mouth, though kept blade to her neck. "Apologies, but forget what?" The woman said, somewhat slyly, already playing the part of forgetting." Iris let the woman go, pushing her toward a separate alleyway than where they'd come from. "Leave, now. I would rather not have to take the life of someone who hasn't even been given the chance to learn of the deceit this foolish king has forced upon you."

With that, the female soldier walked off as though nothing had happened, whilst Iris returned her blade hidden beneath her cloak, making her way to near where the king's speech was set to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back