• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Great Mage Hunt of Delaran (Currently Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Issac, Elisa and The Snake

As Issac was listening to Gildal's next request, he was counting out all of his options to say "No!". However the negotiations were rudely interrupted by the arrival of a young man with long red hair. Rambling about something related to his children. Issac let out an annoyed sigh before staring him dead in the eyes. "You are trespassing in a restricted area boy." Although as he entered the tent he mentioned his children again. Only this time it sounded far more sinister. Not to forget how he talks about them trying to help a girl escape the city. Elisa and Issac tensed upon realisation of who that girl could be. Already they had their palms on the hilt of their swords, ready to fight if they need to. Their theory was only further backed up by the man mentioning Lily by name. Before the Grandmaster could say anything however, the red haired boy turned to them with the look of pure hatred on his face. His features made chills run straight down Elisa's spine, being reminded of the hatred she felt when she approached that cursed hallway. "This anger..." Elisa muttered under her breath. Already starting to succumb to her own self doubt. But now wasn't the time for that, as the boy slipped the dagger out of his sleeve, Elisa prepared for the worst. While Issac kept still as a rock, waiting for him to make the first move. Although that plan was doomed to fail the moment he mentioned the tower. "The tower... You... YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KILLED SERAH AREN'T YOU!?" Whatever mercy Issac was planning to show was immediately thrown out the window. The Grandmaster had turned into a raging bull, charging the enemy with sword in hand and performing a strong overhead attack aimed directly for Varus.

Meanwhile, outside the tent. The snake was curled round comfortably around Lily's shoulders. Judging what is happening by the sounds and the silhouettes from inside. "Hivemind? Is that what you call your ability? If ssso that's very fitting~" However the snake started to grow increasingly concerned. Blake was outnumbered 4 to 1 by considerably skilled opponents. She had no clue just how he was going to make it out of there without having his true identity exposed. "My word the Grandmaster is certainly getting riled up in there... Hope Varus can handle his onslaught. But... I always come prepared to help~" The snake slid off Lily's shoulders and started slithering over the hill. "Don't worry I won't be gone for long! I'm just gonna spice things up a little~" Evetually the snake was out of Lily's sight. Soon the snake was already approaching a man staring blankly into the distance. The man wore M.E.U uniform and had a cast on his arm, as if his arm had been broken not that long ago. The snake approached him quietly before starting to move up to his ear as if to whisper something. The man failing to react the whole time. "Hello...~ I have news regarding your beloved~" Instantly the man's eyes lit up as he obediently turned to the snake. "You know those two mages in the negotiations tent? They plan to kill the grandmaster and the princess. Then they will launch an attack on Delaran and your love won't be safe anymore~" The man's pupils were dilated but he remained conscious. Almost as if he was bewitched by some kind of spell. "Are you just going to let them hurt your beloved?" The man looked over in the general direction of the tent, muttering only one word. "... No..."

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

"So her name was Serah, was it? Why yes, that was me," Ren said nonchalantly. As Issac began his swing, Varus dove low and forward. "How's the leg treating you?" He spoke as he rolled by, attempting to slam the bottom of his closed hand hard against the spot on Issac's leg that Serah had landed a strike on earlier. After rolling, he stood up behind Issac, pressing his dagger lightly to the man's back. "It would be very beneficial for us mages if I were to kill you right now, but I can tell that I missed my opportunity to do so with my own hands. Though, I don't think you can kill me that easily, either. So I'll lay out the terms."

Ren remained highly aware of Issac, giving the man no opportunity to really change this stalemate for the better by his own hand. "Simply put, I want the king's head." He said, staring right at Elisa as he spoke. "I'm sure the two of you can agree with me when I say that this whole war wouldn't have happened had it not been for the king's clouded and corrupt mind," He stated as he looked over at Gildal and Gremble, the mana coming off of him calming a little, if only for a moment. "However, his life won't be enough of a payment for the many innocent mages that have been slain by his cruelty and the cruelty of those that obey him... You, Grandmaster Issac, are just as guilty as the king."

"The only ways for you to even begin to atone for your cruelty are to die now, or bring vengeance to those that have complied in this mass murdering of innocent mage lives. Of course, I doubt you'll be accepting of either, so I wonder why I'm even wasting my time giving you a chance."

Jackaboi Jackaboi ShadowHounder ShadowHounder

Silver Stone

Once her meeting with the General had ended, she took a breath and ran her hand through her silver strands of hair before walking off in her own direction. What sat at the back of her mind was that Dark Mages were in the city now. And just these three alone caused a decent amount of ruckus and definitely released classified intel to someone like herself. Doing her job was important but... This was a bigger threat. I'm going to have to see what missions I can do fairly quickly... If something happens to these people... The King will throw a fit. Maybe even worse. as the Mercenary walked down the streets in thought, she caught eye of the same man she had spoken to earlier, he was walking out of a pretty run down home. Now what could a general need from inside a run down home? she asked herself, curious as to why. Unless there was something that he was hiding? Taking a look would have most likely been a bad idea. The whole situation had "Bad Idea" written all over it. Taking a deep breath, she kept herself hidden from sight, once she had the opening to move, she did.

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder (IM WINGING THIS XD idk what to put honestly)

Delaran- The Wailing Raven

Six lucky games of dice. Another sweep at cards. Bast was grinning smugly as he polished off another glass of bourbon. Yet he remained oddly quiet, not as taunting or cocky while he played, as he listened to the increasing talks of the events that had taken place. He refilled his glass and took a drink, saying his farewells to his game mates.

Delaran- City Streets

The bartender was about to say something as Bast left with the glass of bourbon, stumbling drunkenly into the streets. The thoughts of the eavesdropped conversation and slaying of the dark mage seemed to sober him, despite the swaying walk of intoxication, as he assessed the possibilities it meant for the city. More importantly what threat did it pose to his way of life? Delaran certainly wasn’t the only place to gamble and drink. Bast weighed all his options as he walked with little attention to direction, shoulder bumping into a one eyed mercenary at one point and splashing his drink onto the man. Bast held up the drinking glass then looking towards the mercenary “Kist.” He swore as he staggered a step back, eyeing the man drunkenly, “Now, fella, I’m shure you didn’t mean to...“ he paused to straighten himself, brushing his ruffled clothes with his free hand “Shpill my drink and I’m going to forgive it...“ He’d look mournfully at the empty glass before tossing it behind him “What with theshe dark magesh and shilver haired women running about ain’t no shenshe crying over shpilt...“ He stumbled to the side, rebalancing himself “Rack and shatter.“ he cursed quietly as he ran his hand over his face.

BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot

Last edited:
Jackaboi Jackaboi Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Before Varus had a chance to do anymore harm to Issac, a small fireball flew at his face and chains erupted from the ground to ensnare him. "So... let me get this straight. You steal other peoples bodies, ya kill someone in cold blood in front of her leader, it seems like you also burned down an entire part of Delaran. And you think the old man is the one that needs to be punished. Boy, I've heard some hypocrisy in my day... but you just topped my list as the nuttiest shit head I have ever had to speak with."

Gildal stood his ground as his staff pointed at the killer, ready to fire another spell should Gremble's chains fail to hold him. He briefly looked at Elisa as he waited for the arrogant mage to respond. Knowing little of the two others that stood just outside of the tent that the fight occurred. Lily giggled immensely has she watched the snake do her work. "I might has well join in on the fun myself~" Lily looked around for any weak minded wildlife. She grinned wildly when she saw a small pack of wolves reveal themselves in the clearing. With a motion of her wrist, she bewitched the wolves and sent them in the direction of the tent... foam forming in their ravenous mouths.

Britt-21 Britt-21

Lilia walked back into her house once Gideon left to speak with his grandmaster. She looked back at her most recent visitor, the thread covering his corpse head to toe. "Giddy is always so busy... and it's been ages since I saw that broken little flame. If only I knew someone else who was like them... someone that was fun and had more time..." She muttered to herself while sitting on a small chair. "If only..." For a moment, it looked as if she would fall asleep inside the chair... as if she only now realized how tired she was. She yawned briefly, looking at the entrance to her home. After a moment of thought, she walked towards the door... maybe she would find someone in the alley. She poked her head out of the broken entryway, seeing if there was anyone nearby that she could convince to join her for some fun.

Last edited:
Ashitaka - Deleran Street

Minding his own business, Ashitaka's smile quickly faded as he was bumped into by a drunkard, getting liquor all over his coat. He took a moment to make sure nothing was damaged - nothing was, but a bottle of poison got a tad wet - and then looked at the cursing, bumbling man with a straight face.

"Don't worry about it. I tend not to weep over spilled liquor on coats - I'm Khogan. Anyway, You should probably take a moment to sober up... scrap that, take a moment to sober up. It's the middle of the day, man." The old swordsman looked at him, his head shaking slightly. "Hell, I'll even buy you a cup of coffee, should you really need it."

DrRoosterhammer DrRoosterhammer

Deleran- City Streets

The drunk Ine man would steady himself as he looked the old mercenary up and down, those amber eyes glimmering thoughtfully. Khogan. The intoxicated Bast leaned forward "Chance." He introduced himself as he smirked "Time of day ish of no concern theshe daysh." he stated as took an uneven step forward "Coffee? Shure. My *hiccup* my treat. " He offered with a smile disguised with kindness. He gave the mercenary a pat on the shoulder as he turned to navigate the streets to a nearby game hall. They had coffee but more importantly a card table and while the mercenary did not appear a fool he did seem the kind to never turn down a chance at coin.

Deleran- The Snake’s Eye

Bast entered the game hall first, a staggering mess of a man, and with slurred speech ordered two coffees and sat down at a small table. The Snake’s Eyes was a small game hall with a corner near the bar set up with tables for socializing while the rest was set with various tables of skill and chance. The patrons kept to themselves, though several players eyed Bast with recognition and murmured amongst themselves. The drunk Bast paid them no mind as he waited for his coffees “Wanna play shome cardsh, Khogan?” He’d offer should the man join him at the game hall.

Issac, Elisa and The Snake

Issac winced upon feeling the blow to his earlier wound, he was just about to turn back and return the favour but the moment the dagger was pressed against his back he stopped, unintentionally giving the boy chance to speak. Issac was considering his options, all the while getting more and more furious at his words. "You think trying to guilt me is going to change my mind mage? I swore an oath to the King. He saved my life and I will gladly put it on the line to protect his..." Elisa heard the mage speak too, also getting almost as livid as the grand-master. Finally Gildal decided to act, making his opinion well heard about the black mages hypocrisy. Issac regained his composure and stood ready in case he broke free. "It's mages like you that started this war in the first place!" Elisa suddenly spoke out. Unable to contain her own opinion. "You think my father is out on a vendetta for a joke? It's your kind of people that killed my mother! A curse originated from black magic. In fact do you know anything about that? Do you know who would murder my mother? Are you working for them?" "Elisa get back! Now is not the time for questioning!" "Tell me!" Elisa shouted, holding her sword against Varus' neck.

Outside the tent the snake had returned, seeing Lily had been quite busy herself. "I'm back and everythings in place. How's Varus doing?" She said before looking into the silhouette's that represented the four inhabitants of the tent. Seeing the important one is in a spot of bother. At least appeared as such. "Hm... He'sss looking a little tied up. I sssupose now's as good a time as any to send in the 'backup'~" A man approached from over the hill, sword in his good arm, repeating the same words to himself. "Protect the grand master... Protect the princess... Protect Delaran... Protect my love..." The snake had a look at the wolves too that lily prepared. "Vicious things aren't they... They don't usually attack several prey at once though. But that foaming could easily be missstaken for Rabies, that would knock off any suspicion of magical influence. You're rather clever~" The M.E.U soldier approached the entrance of the tent and stumbled through, looking no better than your average drunk. Upon spotting the two mages inside he stopped repeating those same words and said something else. "DIE YOU MAGUS DOGS!" The soldier screamed before swinging wildly at both Gremble and Gildal. Potentially taking their concentration off keeping Varus restrained.

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe ShadowHounder ShadowHounder

Ashitaka - The Snake's Eye

The swordsman followed the intoxicated - scratch that, heavily intoxicated - into the small establishment, one he had visited a couple of times, despite not being a regular. Never the less, he simply sighed, rolled his eyes, and followed the man into the game hall. He had a little coin to spend, not much, but should he play his cards right - no pun intended - he could walk away with a heavier wallet than usual.

"Alright. I suppose a game or two couldn't hurt."

"I'm the hypocrite?" Ren questioned, annoyed. "Tell me, how am I the hypocrite?" He stated angrily. "They kill my friends, my family, then try and kill me when I was simply struggling to stay alive. I was harmless back then, just a homeless man, who'd lost everything to this corrupt kingdom, trying to survive off of scraps. So it's fine for them to take away everything that I love and cherish, kill everyone I know... and then the moment I go around and kill someone of theirs in return, I'm wrong?"

Ren's hatred was ever visible in his mana, which was progressively becoming more and more visible as it seeped out. Meanwhile, he laughed, having clearly reached a point of breaking. "It's funny, really," He stated as he creepily looked at Elisa. "You blame mages like me for this whole thing... yet your father and his war on mages... Your soldiers, killing everything that I hold dear... is the reason why I became a mage like this in the first place... I threw everything I was away, all for one purpose... Revenge."

As the soldier entered into the tent, Ren took the opportunity, flicking the dagger in his hand at Elisa with the smallest amount of motion of the wrist he could, before forcing his arm out of the chains, a popping sound coming from his shoulder as it dislocated. He quickly realigned it while pulling out another dagger, other hand grabbing and forcibly positioning one of the chains that had been binding him between himself and Issac, anticipating a swing from the Grandmaster now that he had essentially freed himself. "On behalf of all the mages that you've caused death... Please die." Ren lunged with dagger in hand at Issac, in an attempt to kill the man in one go, though intentionally aimed just a tiny bit off.

If his strike were to not kill Issac, which, because of his intentions it would not, then Ren himself would most certainly be slain. Blake knew this was the best way to end this, though he was just a slight bit disappointed he might have to dispose of Ren at this point in the game, before getting to use the boy to mess with the two Goldwoods that still breathed.

"Dammit..." Gremble muttered as he was forced to release his hold on the chains. Having a murderous mage was bad enough... But now a near dead soldier? Gremble quickly prepared another spell to tie up the man before he could cause many harm. Unfortunately... That left the Ren fellow the opportunity he needed to escape Gremble's chains. All he could do was let out a curse has a pack of rabid wolves approached the tent.

Luckily, Gildal wasn't planning on letting anyone die today. The mage leader swiftly jabbed the red haired boy in the gut in an attempt to knock him down without lethal force. "Listen here ya damn piece of shit. All your little revenge quest is going to do his give the King even more reason to want the rest of us dead. Violence only promotes more violence. I may be a leader and a general... But Magus is a sanctuary and a refuge, not a military base. I've spent years making sure that people like you don't place on the name of the home I swore fo protect. And now that I have the slightest of chances at some actual peace... I'm not going to let some selfish fuck ruining everything!" The man's voice boomed with fury as his staffed pointed at the wolves... Burning them down with one large spell. "Don't test me... You won't last long in our dungeons..."

Lily looked at the canine corpses in utter disappointment. "We should probably leave before they find out we're here." She remarked to the talking snake.

Elisa and Isaac

The more Elisa heard the Black Mage talk the more infuriated she became. Although the words that came out of his mouth... The talk of getting revenge for the deaths of those he holds dear. The princess couldn't help but be reminded of her Father. Which only served to anger her further. "Shut up! SHUT UP!" Elisa was close to silencing him for good but what good would that serve? No, he had to answer for his crimes. But things took a turn for the worse when a sloppy looking soldier came rushing in, brandishing a weapon and charged towards Gildal. The distraction caused the black mage to break free and toss a dagger in Elisa's direction. Elisa was quick to parry the blade with her own sword, knocking it harmlessly to the side. Isaac readied himself for another attack, waiting for Ren to make the first move. As the mage made his move Isaac saw the break in his defence and prepared to make a killing blow. Yet Gildal stepped in the way, elbowing the mage right in the gut and knocking him down. To which he merely lowered his sword. "I don't know what you were thinking when you came here all by yourself. Are you regretting that decision?"

Elisa stormed up to Ren, resentment clearly showing on her face. "You talk big of vengeance yet you leave behind a trail of innocent blood in your wake! The suffering you caused Serah? Using her body to sully her name? She was just a soldier with a life of her own! The murders you committed in Magus? Weren't they all mages just like you? That's quite the contradiction in your story isn't it? I won't have anymore of it! You will answer for your crimes. Whether it be at the hands of us or the mages of Magus doesn't matter, I doubt either will be good for you..." Isaac stood in silence, mulling over the situation. What was going to happen to this young man then? Isaac thought long and hard and came to a decision. "I have nearly forgotten our purpose..." Isaac spoke silently yet with a stern voice, causing Elisa to raise her brow in wonder. "Grand Master...?" Isaac sighed and looked to the two mages of Magus with a nearly solemn stare. "I apologise... Saviour of Magus... But this boy here does not deserve to live any longer!" Isaac clenched his fist around the hilt of his sword and swung with great force in a diagonal motion from Ren's shoulder to his bottom of his torso. "For the suffering you have caused... Die now and never be held in Delmar's embrace..." Elisa simply looked on, eyes wide with shock and disbelief.

The Slithering Snake

From outside the tent, the snake looked at the silhouettes through the tent, seeing as how the idiot soldier did exactly what it wanted and with Blake free again he can move on with his plan. It watched with great anticipation for what would happen next. Blake was taking a serious gamble, if he was captured then it was all over for him. The snake already did all it could to make sure that didn't happen. When Blake prepared to make the next strike the snake watched with even greater anticipation, waiting for the moment to come. But unfortunately, the meddlesome saviour butted in and knocked him down. The snake hung it's head a little, it's voice downtrodden. "Damn... It'sss over..." Even the wolves didn't prove all that useful either, instantly being incinerated before they could cause any real damage. When Lily proposed them to move, the snake was about to agree but yet... When she looked back she saw Isaac take a swing at the defenceless Blake as the black mage fell back from the blow. "YESSSS! Blake did it! Now we just have to wait for further discord to ensue~ I apologise Lily but I'd like to stay and watch the rest of this show! But don't worry, I'll be back to see you~ I trust you'll have an answer to my earlier offer by then?"

As Gildal stepped between and threw him to the ground, Ren threw his dagger, throwing it at Issac. The blade was rather off-course and would at worst scratch his cheek if it hit. "You really think I Serah was innocent? That I killed the mages? Heh..." Blake said as he laid there on the ground, almost uncaring. "I only controlled her after she left Magus!" He shouted as Issac drug a blade through his body.

"Heh... If I don't... deserve to live... you don't deserve... to have been born....."

As Ren finished speaking, he looked toward Elisa, a mixture of hatred and sadness in his eyes, almost as though he was trying to look at Elisa's father, and that he didn't wish to direct such at the girl. "Go... on... and keep believing... that evil father of yours... know that... by doing........ so...... you're....."

Ren's eyes went lifeless, the black magic radiating from him dispersing into the air and lingering for quite a while, every bit of it left in his body just slowly flowing out as though it were freed from imprisonment within him. Ren's right hand had rested atop his body just before his life vanishing, loosely clutching a necklace to his chest, a pendant with a nearly broken mana crystal in it.

Leaving behind the body, Ren vanished from the tent, quickly exiting the area before even Lily and the snake could notice his presence. He arrived back at the tree he'd met up with Lily at, taking seat once more and clutching painfully on to his chest where Ren's body had been split. "Heh... Damn that hurt a lot." Blake said to himself. Soon, he began laughing. "This pain...! It's proof I'm enjoying this life!" He said as he took out a dagger, slamming it hard into the mark he'd left on the tree earlier. "This will do... Yes... her body will do." Blake said as he shifted into the form of Iris, awaiting Lily's return.

Jackaboi Jackaboi

Gildal growled angrily at the Grandmaster's actions. "This just made things complicated. I doubt the rest of Magus will be so keen on a ceasefire if they found out about this... And no doubt his actions will fuel the hatred of mages even further." The leader crouched before the young mage's dead body... Before Gremble placed a hand on his shoulder.

"May I, sir?" Gildal simply nodded, knowing exactly what Gremble planned to do. The savior stood up as the young mage pulled a small round, colorless gemstone from his pocket. He crouched where Gildal had and brought the gem up and faced it to the corpse. The gem flew with a bright, elegant blue. "Just as I thought..." Gremble muttered in irritation. "Someone wants us to think the threat was over before it even started. I believe that someone is the same person that possessed Serah... Likely took this boy's body to keep us from following their trail."

"Too bad the dumbass forgot that magic doesn't leave the body immediately after death." Gildal remarked, trying his best to contain his rage... However some of it was made evident in his tone. "The fact that they possess people just makes this manhunt a hell of a lot harder."

Elisa, Isaac and Xina

Elisa couldn't believe Isaac would just outright kill the boy despite them outnumbering him four to one. They could've easily captured him and forced him to properly answer for his crimes. Did the Grandmaster really feel that hurt about Serah? Still, the black mage's last words echoed constantly in her head. As if she didn't doubt her own decisions enough she had to be looked down upon by the likes of one who kills for more power. Despite the seething hatred she felt for the boy, she wasn't keen on letting him die right there. Elisa believed in her own sense of Justice and Isaac's actions didn't rubbed her the wrong way. "Am... Am I really doing the right thing?" Elisa spoke quietly, unheard by the Grandmaster but may have been heard by the two mages instead. Isaac looked upon the body of the mage for a brief moment before turning his attention to an angered Saviour. "Let them hate me then. It makes no difference to me either way. All I care about is the well being of my own soldiers and the suffering this mage caused Serah is unforgivable. He was lucky I didn't let him suffer a little before he died."

Isaac didn't care how the Leader of Magus would take his words, still he waited for his bodyguard to do whatever it was he was doing. As gremble pulled out the gem both Elisa and Isaac watched curiously as it started to glow blue in response to the dead mages dissipating mana. Elisa was without a doubt impressed that such a gadget could even exist and how dangerous it would be should the MEU get their hands on it. Thankfully Isaac was too prideful to even think about wanting one for himself. Isaac merely stared at the stone. Thinking about how much it would benefit the MEU if all the soldiers were outfitted with one. But yet he merely grumbled and said nothing about it. But he certainly had plenty to say about Gremble's claim. "Hm... While I'd rather not agree with a mage on anything... He speaks plain sense. I may be prideful but I'm not an idiot. (Sigh) Reverend won't like me calling for this ceasefire... But this is all for his protection. If there are truly Black Mages roaming in Delaran I simply cannot pull out soldiers to fight in this siege. Nor can I leave Delaran myself..."

Elisa knelt down looking at the dead mage and noticed he was holding something in his hand. A chain of a necklace stuck out and Elisa reached in the grab and inspect it. "This necklace... This was important to the mage. Why...? Elisa fiddled around with it for a bit before managing to open it. Revealing a small crystal inside. She picked it up, inspecting it further. "Gremble... You're an expert on these kinds of things right? Do you know what this is? If it's anything to do with magic at all?" Before long however a blonde haired woman peeked through the burned opening in the tent. Curious as to what just happened. "Grandmaaaaasteeeer! I gathered the herbs I needed! Now I can cure the princess' brainwashing!" The blonde haired woman was Xina, clearly not up to date with matters at hand. "Xina!? What the hell are you doing here? And what took you so long!?" Xina looked around confused, especially seeing that there were two mages in the tent with them. "Oh... Is this a bad time? Heh... Heh..." Looking further Xina noticed the glowing stone in Gremble's hand, causing her to panic. "C-conjuration...!? Uh... Yeah I'll explain everything back at Colassi! Uh... BYE BYE NOW!" Isaac and Elisa simply stared utterly gobsmacked by the sudden interruption.

Gremble looked at the crystal curiously. "No doubt a mana Crystal... Possibly a soul gem that allows our dark mage to kill off his possessed targets without dying himself. I would need more time to examine it but I think this might act as a way to find our enemy." The two mages were caught off guard by the woman stepping into the tent. "Who might this be?" The second in command asked, not noticing the stone in his hand briefly flashing red as he stood.

Before they could ask the woman directly, she hurried out of sight towards Colossi. After a moment of silence, Gildal turned to Issac with a cheeky grin. "Since when did you guys study magic archetypes? I don't think I've met someone outside of mages who could identify conjuration magic so easily."

The leader looked up at the sky. The sun had already set... Night would arrive in only moments of time. "We ain't getting back to Magus for sure now..." He let out a exhausted sigh. "Damn... We might have to steal the tent..."

Gremble looked towards the grandmaster and back to his leader. He placed a hand on the savior's shoulder and whispered. "I might have an idea..." Before walking back to the soldier duo. "Excuse me Grandmaster... But I'd like to make a proposal." He said... Waiting to see his response.

Lily, who hadn't quite left the scene, looked into the distance in confusion. "Where did that snake lady go..." She remarked as she glared at the group before her. With a small shrug Lily continued back to the meeting point that Varus gave her... Seeing if anyone would still be there.

Isaac and Elisa

Elisa could've sworn she saw an odd red light coming from Gremble's direction but it was gone before she could see what it was. As for Xina she looked pretty panicked, scared even. Was she that afraid of the mages? She thought it best not to think so much about it. As for the odd crystal inside the necklace, Gremble pointed it out to be something called a mana crystal. While not a definite answer it was something to go off at least, and if it was a lead on that Black Mage... All the better. "Alright, I think it's best you hold on to it then. I doubt anyone in the MEU would be able to make sense of it." Meanwhile Isaac received a few words from Gildal regarding the odd visitor. "Dr Valentine is known for her intellect. She's treated many wounds, even some thought un-treatable, it wouldn't surprise me if she took the time to study all your dangerous abilities to better enhance her remedies." Isaac stated yet he still felt uneasy considering her behaviour was unlike her.

Before they knew it it started getting dark, the sun setting in the distance. "This meeting took longer than I had planned... I won't lie I was expecting to just say no to whatever you wanted and be done with it. Although certain circumstances can change plans I suppose." Isaac looked to Gildal who was caught in conversation with his bodyguard, saying something about it being too late to go back to Magus. He would've been fine with just leaving the tent but then Gremble approached looking to make another request. "Another proposal? Isn't the ceasefire already pushing it?" "Grandmaster..." He looked to Elisa who had a slightly judgemental look on her face before he looked back and grumbled. "Argh fine! I'll hear you out."

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder

Jackaboi Jackaboi

Gremble held up the colorless gem as he spoke to the two soldiers, Gildal grunted behind him when Issac was swift to attempt to deny them. "This stone is a unique form of conjuration magic... A device that not only allows us to see how has magic, but weed out those who are practicing the black arts. Seeing as you want to know who of your prisoners are mages and we want to know how active the darker half of our practice really is... Prehaps we could stay inside the Tower overnight in exchange for a mana check?"

Gildal sighed in the background. "Of course he would think of that before me..." Gildal muttered quietly while the two mages awaited for a response.

Deleran- The Snake’s Eye

Bast laid a coin on the table as the coffees arrived, his amber eyes never leaving the mercenary as he joined him at the table. The drunken Ine man would lift his cup to his lips and take a long, steaming drink before smiling across at Khogan as he set the cup down and with a flourish of his hand he'd produce a deck a cards from his rumpled coat. He would set the deck down on the small table between them as he held Khogan's single eye "Yah can cut'n shuffle. Check the deck for honesty." He'd state as he picked up his coffee again, taking a drink. Around the game hall several patrons stopped what they were doing to watch the two men, whether through recognition or mere curiosity, the silence was noticeable. Those amber eyes would seem to sharpen as he waited for Khogan to check and shuffle the deck, his free hand reaching into his coat to pull out a stack of five gold coins.

The old swordsman reached into his own pocket and pulled out his own small stack of coins. He took the deck, sifted through it with a cautious eye, and then shuffled it. He was no professional gambler, but had seen his fair share of cheated card games. This man had that look all about him. Perhaps it was time to teach him a lesson on fair play. Regardless, he continued his shuffle, which was extremely thorough, his eye never taken off of his opponent.

"So, what shall we play?"

Deleran- The Snake’s Eye

The deck of cards would look, feel, and shuffle as thoroughly as a legitimate deck in Khogan's hands. The drunken man could not help but chuckle mentally as he certainly did cut a suspicious image with his Ine heritage and rumbled clothes; a dark violet coat with matching vest over a lavender shirt and black trousers with numerous golden rings on his all fingers except his actual ring fingers. Certainly, though, on a sober day the Ine man could pass as a noble or merchant. Bast would continue to take sips of his coffee "If'n I'm to pick," He'd smirk a moment in consideration "Poker. Nishe and shimple." He'd nod as he pulled another stack of gold coins and set them by his original five, a gentle push to test the weight of the mercenary's purse.

Silver Stone

Silver was suspicious, yes, but watching the scene for a longer time, maybe the General was just visiting someone close to him? It was a possibility. Not too long after he left, she noticed a woman open the door and peek her head out, to which Silver quickly pulled her head back around the corner and walked off. There was no way she was going to get caught spying. That was the last problem that the Mercenary needed right now. So instead she just walked off onto the main street and thought about what she could do for the day. Her missions couldn't be done now, too much time was wasted. Plus they were missions that could be done later on tonight if she felt like taking care of them overnight. In which case...she did. So for now, she slipped into the Snake's Eye, a building that consisted of gambling, as well as a nice section for socializing and a bar with it. Mercenaries had a habit of always being in these places, but with all the shit they have to go through and take care of, this was well deserved. A place to unwind or get roweled up about losing and causing a fight with someone.

The silver-haired mercenary made her way over to the bar, but had come to a stop when she noticed a few people crowding around a table. To her curiosity, she herself walked over to take a look at what was going on. Squeezing her small frame between two larger frames, she caught eye of two men who looked like they were definitely going to play for the big money. Well that's interesting. I can see why others decided to crowd around. however, the more she looked at the one male, the more she recognized him. Wait a minute, isnt that the man who was in the alley earlier today against those Dark Mages? wait... Would that mean he took care of those mages? Or did they disappear just like the one she faced earlier? This was sparking so many questions but there was no way she was going to ask them right now. He was in the middle of something in front of many people, it would be too risky. Not to mention the man he was facing right now was definitely drunk with how he was speaking and reacting.

DrRoosterhammer DrRoosterhammer BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot

With a deck well shuffled, Ashitaka took note of the gambler's increasingly large stack of gold. Just how much gold did this man have? It didn't matter. He didn't add onto his own pile. That gold was precious. It was what he had to get through the week. Still, with a steady hand, he dealt two cards to the stranger, and kept two in his own hand. He set the deck aside, and looked at his cards.

Not a bad start, all things considered, but he would have to wait.

"Check."

It was the gambler's move.

DrRoosterhammer DrRoosterhammer Britt-21 Britt-21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back