• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Great Mage Hunt of Delaran (Currently Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Silver Stone

The early bird gets the worm. That's what Silver usually said to herself when she woke up early in the morning. Granted, as a child she was woken up early but with her job and now living in the city, she thought it was best to get up earlier. Mainly to get any shopping done, or to go out and do a job that she received the previous night, hell, even get some training done. Early morning was the best because that's when people started to wake up slowly but surely and it was easy to move around without a crowd everywhere she went. So after this lovely morning, Silver had been at her place since. Looking through her jobs and planning out which to do, when, and how difficult it possibly was. Though, before she knew it, she was hearing commotion going on outside and this peaked her interest to move over to her window to glance out with her chocolate brown eyes. There were M.E.U Soldiers moving down the street. "What the hell is going on...?" she asked herself, raising her eyebrow as she continued to watch the scene before her. "The soldiers are never out here like this unless..." Fuck. Did they find someone that used magic? Was said-person hiding? Moving away from her window, Silver picked up her blade from the table and secured its wrap before putting it on her back and heading out of her home. Now, knowing this city, word spread fast, so hopefully her neighbor knew what the hell was going on. After all, she was a gossiping old lady.

"Hey there, Kirimi." said Silver, as the old lady was standing outside her own home and looking at the soldiers within the street. The old woman looked over and gave Silver a friendly smile "Oh hello there, Silv. Are you heading out to work?" Silver shook her head "No, I came out to check out the situation out here with the soldiers. I was hoping you knew?" Granted, whenever she saw the M.E.U. It was always suspicion on them finding a Mage, but there was too many and they were acting completely different than normal. "Oh of course I do! I always have my ears open when I shouldn't!" she said with a laugh. Silver let out a soft laugh of her own and shook her head as the old woman pulled her down slightly to whisper "I heard that a man was murdered by a mage and now the entire M.E.U. is rampaging around the town to find them." a Murderer Mage. This is exactly why the M.E.U. is even around, because those who have magic always abuse it to cause chaos and kill innocent people. For all I know, the victim could have been guilty but I wouldn't know. It still doesn't make it right to have him murdered by a Mage. Silver thought to herself "I see..." she said, watching the Soldiers.

@ Anyone really (I'll change my post if needed)​

Elisa text.png

1552526986320.png"I said I'm fine! I never went anywhere near Magus! All that talk about getting captured is all false. All I did was go out for a while so I could have a little silence while I trained." Elisa started to get tired of trying to calm her comrades, right now she was speaking with Colassi's messenger so he could go back to Delaran and invalidate the claims made about her kidnapping. But before he could run off, the very rouge soldier she was looking for stumbled into the building as if she'd just gotten out of an extreme battle. "S-Serah!? About time you showed up! First you disappear for weeks on end and now you start acting out against the mages on your own!?" Although Elisa's own accusations paled in comparison to the outrageous story the pink haired girl came out with. "B-brainwashed!? Why you... I'm afraid to burst your bubble but your claims are utterly false. If I was brainwashed why wouldn't I have attacked any of my comrades? Besides that point I've seen you indiscriminately attacking the mages just outside of Magus, against orders no less!" "W-wait a minute didn't you just say you weren't anywhere near Magus? Then how would you have saw Serah there?" The soldier realised Elisa's contradiction with her story which immediately silenced anything else she was about to say. Many doubtful words erupted from the room which soon came to an agreement. Two soldiers drew their swords and both held them up to Elisa's neck, one in front and one behind, stopping her from escaping even if she wanted to. "Take her sword! She's been brainwashed by the Mages, notify the Grandmaster of the situation immediately!"

Elisa's face was overcome with shock which soon turned to a seething hate for Serah. With the princesses teeth clenched she spoke out once more. "What are you all doing!? I am your acting commander! The king's daughter no less!" "Not while you are under the enemy's influence. Don't worry princess I'm sure there's a way to cure your condition. But I'm afraid we have to lock you up." Elisa gave up, instead she turned her head to Serah to speak what she could. "You will pay for this! Once everyone knows the truth you can expect to get more than your job here taken away!" Elisa was taken to the dungeons below the tower and guided into the cell. They were a lot more gentle with her than they tend to be with other prisoners but they had to keep in mind she was their comrade and the princess. Locking the cell the guards left her on her own, keeping one man station at the entrance of the prison. With nothing else to do Elisa sat with her back against the wall. Trying to figure out how she was going to get out of this mess.

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Issac.png
Issac bossed all of his soldiers around at the southern gate, getting them all into position ready to block any kind of passage through. After a good few hours had passed and there was still no word back about Lily's location. Soon a soldier at the top of the wall called down to his grandmaster, notifying him that a messenger from Colassi tower has arrived. "Let him in!" Issac bellowed out, hoping this was regarding Elisa's safe return, however even though that really was the case, the situation could not be any worse. Issac's face tensed, the veins in his fists became more clear as he clenched them until blood was drawn. "Get back to the Tower soldier. Notify them that the Grandmaster will be arriving shortly..." "Y-yes sir!" Once again the messenger made his journey back, visibly tired from making the same trip several times in one day. Issac went out to search for Gideon, after asking a few questions to some soldiers he finally found his old friend at the southern water supply where he seemed to be less than happy. Unfortunately Issac had even worse news to share with him. "Gideon... I understand you are fustrated right now but you must know of the current situation. Prepare yourself because the news is far from good" Issac paused for a moment, giving Gideon a good amount of time until he was ready to listen. "... Princess Elisa is suspected to have been brainwashed by the Mages." Issac himself was not happy about the news. He even babysitted the girl when she was little! Now this was happening. How was he going to explain this to Reverend? Although this wasn't the only concern he had in mind. He had hoped Gideon had some news about Lily in return. Issac turned to one of the soldiers nearby, only briefly to give him an order. "Gather up the M.E.U! Let them know I have an announcment of the upmost urgency. And get Xina while you're at it!"

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder thefierysiren thefierysiren TPBx TPBx Chione Chione

Xina text.png

With her elbows on the table and resting her head on her hands, Xina listened closely to Ashitaka's story. The swordsman certainly had a few years worth of tales to tell of his many adventures but this one seemed to be the one the really shaped him into the man he is now. Betrayed by his friend on the job, of course an experience like that would turn anyone into a lone wolf. Once Ashitaka took out his pouch and dropped the arrowhead inside on the table, Xina inspected it with great interest. "Oh my! So this is your memento of that day? Hm... It's almost sad... Sure you can get some right rotten bastards in your line of work but maybe someday you'll find your true comrade in arms!" Ashi continued his story in earnest, finishing at last with an added wink at the end. At least she could've guessed it was... "My my quite the captivating story. To come out with nothing in the end must've been quite the added amount of salt."

Xina sat back and prepared to answer Ashitaka's question. "So you want to know more about me eh? In that case..." Xina pulled out another business card and slid it over the table to Ashitaka's side. "You see I'm not quite like other doctors. I must say I am rather confident in saying I myself am one of the best in my field. If not THE best hehe..." Xina was clearly confident in her skills, made apparent through her tone of voice as she spoke. "As a doctor... I don't get many off days, let alone time to go for a break. You see I own a clinic further downtown, while my services aren't cheap, they are worth the coin. So worth it in fact that I've been hired into a contract with the M.E.U to work as a field medic when they need me, while they may be bad business for you mercs, it's plenty of pay for us. Soldiers get hurt after all, underneath all that armour is still flesh and bone that needs to be treated."

suddenly a soldier wearing a cast on his arm burst into the Bakery looking to deliver a message to Xina. But immediately his jaw dropped when he saw her sitting with another man. Xina merely whistled awkwardly. "D-doc!? I-I thought you said you'd go out with me tomorrow!" Xina sighed before turning to the soldier. "You know I merely offered to go for a bite to eat as co-workers... Clearly you took my meaning out of context." The soldier fell to his knees, completely defeated, hanging his hea in shame. Even then he continued to do what he was sent to do, albeit in a muffled and depressed tone. "Grandmaster Issac has called for you Doc... He said it was urgent... You will find him in the southern district by the water reserves..." Hearing the message Xina merely chuckled and turned back to Ashitaka. "Well... There you have it! Suppose duty calls!" She stood up and grabbed her briefcase filled with her supplies. "Well then Ashi! It's been nice talking to you. Remember I can always treat your wounds before they turn into even more scars. Just pop by for a visit whenever you feel." Assuming the cinnamon buns were ready, she quickly placed them into one of the shop's takeaway bags and left the payment on the counter, along with a generous tip. "Thanks for the food sweetie! I'll be sure to return when I can!" Finally she took off, cinnamon buns in hand. After a fairly long walk to the southern district of Delaran, Xina waited among the crowd of soldiers, wondering what this enormous roll call was all about.

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder Mena Mena BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot Zamasu Zamasu TPBx TPBx

Honey
661a8f50add9b76d4bc3d3bf002f57ea2a46fa53.jpg
Honey collected the money from the previous sales and placed them into a clear jar, sealing the lid back on tightly. Any extra money that was left behind would become her tip; she pulled out an old brown bottle jar. This was her favorite tip jar, she placed all the extra money she earned into her own personal savings. With a slight nod and smile, she waved over the next customer to approach the counter. Hearing some commotion towards the front door, the blond girl teared her attention away from the jar and to the door, her face in complete bewilderment. Seeing the M.E.U. barrage into the bakery, acting as if they owned the place, earned them a silent glare from Honey.

She didn't particularly like the M.E.U. and currently they were being very rude, which made the girl even more ticked off than what she normally would be. No matter how she was feeling losing her cool and having an episode in such a place wouldn't be an option. This was the only place that would hire her and she would be damned to get fired because of this reason. She desperately needed the money and the pay was rather fair, so she had to put up with their shenanigans for now. Taking the money from the woman and placing it in the jar, Honey then wrapped the baguette in a small napkin then handed the bread back to her.

She took the card from the woman, glancing down to read the information that was displayed. Dr. Aoba Hitokiri.... So she was a doctor? There wasn't any doubt in her mind that she would go to her, that would be something of a last resort. The other customers seemed to be deep in conversation at the table, she didn't need to bother them for now. The young girl began to clean up the counter instead, whipping off the extra flour while cleaning off the cutting board. Seeing as the woman from the table was taking her leave Honey watched as she took her order and left, leaving a tip for her. Taking the tip away from the earnings, Honey placed them once more in their separate containers before putting them away.

Tags: Zamasu Zamasu BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot Jackaboi Jackaboi

Aoba Hitokiri & Ruby Yang Beifang

Once she was handed over the baguette, Aoba takes it and says her thanks to the mute girl before taking a bite. As she steps out of the establishment, she suddenly hears someone calling her out. She turns around, only to get her neck grabbed and pins onto the ground. Luckily, the baguette she was holding did not touch the dirty floor as Aoba held it up. She looks up to the attacker and finds out to be the woman she had bumped into. "What the?! What the hell is she doing?!" Aoba could not believe what she has gotten into. All she wanted was food, and not a fight.

"W-What the...hell...d-do you want...?!" Aoba struggles to ask her attacker a question as she felt her grip tightening with eery second passed. "A few questions, nothing more than that." The attacker, Ruby, answers with a straight up serious look. "I have no idea why, but when we bumped into each other, I suddenly got this feeling that you have some sort of connection. I don't know why, so that's why I've approached you." Ruby says, which Aoba finds it ridiculous. "Me? Having a connection to you? I think you're drunk, woman." She says "Now unhand me or I'll be forced to pull my blade onto you."

Ruby thought about that for a moment before she let's out a sigh and say "Fine..." She let's go of Aoba and steps away from her. By the moment Aoba gets up, Ruby quickly dashes in to deliver a punch, only to stop herself when the swordswoman quickly drew her sword out and points it onto her neck. Ruby was caught by surprise. The way Aoba drew her sword was as fast as the blink of an eye. No one would ever predict how fast the swordswoman's quick draw is. Aoba lowers her weapon and then she spins it around at a very fast circular motion which creates a sort of wind vortex before she puts it onto her sheath.

Aoba turns around, takes another bite of her baguette, and before she walks away, Ruby asks "Hold up! Who the hell are you?" Aoba glances over to the monk and answers "My name is Aoba Hitokiri, and I am currently the 108th Manslayer. Now will you excuse me, i have some place to be." And as she walks away, Ruby watches her as she thought "The Manslayer? Sounds edgy, but yet she's cool. Her quick draw is something different from how those M.E.U. dorks do. Maybe I should befriend her. After all, if I were to head to Magus, I'm gonna need some companions." And so she has made up her mind.

"Aoba!" Ruby shouted as she runs over to the swordswoman. Upon reaching her, she says "I'm Ruby Yang Beifang, would you like me to accompany you to your destination? I mean, i have nothing much else to do so if you would be so kind..." Aoba quickly thinks about it and then she says "Alright, but don't do anything ridiculous once we get to where I am headed. We don't want to get ourselves in trouble with the authorities." Ruby nods and then the two sets out.

Jackaboi Jackaboi

Gideon looked at his comrade during the role call. He wasn't too found of the idea that the princess had been brainwashed... but the town was he number one priority right now. Once Isaac finished counting his soldier, the veteran cleared his throat. "As you all may know, Lily is suspected to be a mage and the murderer of Lord Ivan and the people in his manor. We believe that she managed to escape through the waterworks that you stand before at this moment. We have more troubling news from Colassi as well... but first, our Grandmaster would like to speak with all of you regarding the events of today and the plans for tomorrow." Gideon took a step back once he finished his own speech, giving Isaac center stage for whatever unorthodox motivating he was preparing to give the soldiers of MEU. The swordsman never quite understood how his friends words motivated others... but they helped moral nevertheless.

Ashitaka - Bakery

With a story well told and a doctor's business card in hand, the swordsman turned his attention to the commotion nearby. He pocketed the card, keeping it for later, and tilted his head to listen in a little bit. To his dismay, he only caught their parting words, and nothing of any particular interest. Such was life. Nevertheless, he gathered his belongings, bread in his satchel, and departed for the city. The sun was still hanging high above the town. It was too early for a drink, seeing as he just drank one, and he highly doubted that he would run into the doctor again, so he wandered.

On the topic of doctors, his thoughts wandered back to the charming conversation he just had with the flirtatious medical professional. That had literally come from nowhere, but it was welcome all the same. Having nobody to talk to, even if he did most of the talking, had an impact after a while. Her words stuck with him - it had been a great many years since he had trusted someone. Now, in just one day, he was pouring his whole life story onto the table to a woman he barely knew, and was about to literally put his life on the line for a kid. Ironic, in a way, that after all of this time, he was trusting people again, after swearing not to.

Jackaboi Jackaboi Zamasu Zamasu Mena Mena
(Finally, I can be a bit more active!)

Ethan Kaloronos

Ethan showed up in front of the designated meeting place, the Grandmaster and his second-in-command, Gideon, were discussing something privately. It seemed important so he kept his ear out of this conversation, letting them finish before he addressed himself to his commanding officer. Then Gideon began giving his speech to the soldiers, apparently there was troubling news at the front of their next offensive. Ethan then stood at attention when Gideon said Isaac would provide them with more information about the events to come.

Jackaboi Jackaboi ShadowHounder ShadowHounder

Issac.png
(Ft. Xina Valentine) - Time of day: Evening

Issac Baelsar stood in silence, face as stern as ever, waiting for his old friend to speak his part and also fairly annoyed at the little demon's escape. Once Gideon had finished his piece, the spotlight was on Issac. He took two steps forward, his intimidating glare washing over the soldiers, not a single one daring to talk over his announcment. "As Gideon has said our target has escaped, and to make matters worse Colassi Tower has hit some problems and now Elisa has stood down as acting commander of the upcoming siege on Magus. So I have come to the decision to make haste for Colassi Tower at once. Furthermore all of you will be coming too. For tomorrow we attack Magus!" A sudden surge of gasps filled the crowd of soldiers, caught off guard by Issac's sudden change of plans. The attack wasn't supposed to start at least a week from now and now they were supposed to be prepared by tomorrow. "I know what you're all thinking, we aren't prepared? We don't have the men? That's all a load of shit! We lost to Magus last time because we got careless! All other havens we attacked had no leader! They were unorganised! So loath I am to admit it we got lazy! No more! This will be no normal siege. Magus is defended by someone who knows what they're doing. In a flash they managed to rally the mages and push us back. This will be different however. But I will touch on that more tomorrow. Just know that I will be commanding over this battle, Magus will be ours before tomorrow's sun sets!"

Issac grabbed his sword and held it high up in the air. "For our King! For Our People! For Our Nation!" Simultanaeously every soldier in the crowd did the same and shouted out. "FOR DELARAN!" Satisfied with the response Issac sheathed his colossal sword. "That's what I wanted to hear. Now get going! We leave for Colassi Tower! The quicker you get there the more rest you all get before the big day." All the soldiers dispersed, getting into the M.E.U issued carriages, each one holding at least 12 soldiers and all moving in a caravan formation. Xina approached Issac, curious as to why she was involved. "Now I get I'm supposed to be a field medic but I don't usually get called to big gatherings like these. Why the change?" Issac spoke quietly, trying to keep the other soldiers out of ear shot. "I have recieved word that our princess has been brainwashed by the mages. I need you to come to Colassi right now and check with her yourself." "Oh I see... You're assuming there's something? I can do about it if it's true? Well as matter of fact I can! But I'll need to have a look myself. Don't worry... This is our little secret~" Issac was not amused with Xina's jest but said nothing in return. The doctor made her way to join the others in the caravan, meanwhile Issac turned to Gideon. "This battle won't be easy, Magus is defended by the walls of an old ruin. Certainly sturdy enough to keep us out without the right weaponry. I need you to do an inventory on what siege weaponry we have. Ballistae, catapults, trebuchets, everything! Have some sent to Colassi, we'll need it if we hope to win this."

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder TPBx TPBx Chione Chione thefierysiren thefierysiren

It had been quite the emotional day already. Public vote on whether or not to execute a man whom had sheltered mages, being reminded of her mother's death and her hatred of mages; the singing she'd done, the portrait she'd received of her mother; all of it was heavy on her. It all reminded her just how much more important it was to decide how to spend her life. She needed to do something with her life that would live up to her mother's love for her, make sure that her mother's efforts don't go wasted.

"Mother... It may be late, but... I know what to do..."

Ayane left her home with a sense of determination in her eyes, she sought around for any M.E.U soldier she could find, eventually stumbling upon the soldiers rallied at the Southern gate. Using her size to her advantage, she slipped her way through and over toward Issac and Gideon, stepping up in front of him and looking up. "Where is my mother's blade?" She asked, a serious and almost angry tone backing her words. She stated nothing else, simply waiting for a response from the Grandmaster. She knew he almost certainly wouldn't know who she is, but she didn't care. She only cared about one thing right now; retrieving her mother's blade from wherever it may have been relocated to three years ago, whether that be in the castle, at the Colassi Tower, or even in the arms of another soldier; she wanted that blade.

(Interacting With) Jackaboi Jackaboi ShadowHounder ShadowHounder
(Nearby) TPBx TPBx Chione Chione thefierysiren thefierysiren

Ashitaka - Streets of Deleran

Finding nothing to do and nobody to talk to, Ashitaka decided to call it a day. Tomorrow would bring a great many challenges, and possibly a few new scars to add to his already heavily abused form. Still, as long as the child held up her end of the deal, and assuming that her word was truth, he would walk away from this final job richer than most men currently living. This was something he sorely needed, for himself and his siblings. He returned to the Inn he had booked, and set his gear near the door. Every day, his blood was growing a little bit weaker, and that had started to take its toll. His shoulders ached from carrying his things with him all day. Perhaps that doctor would prove more useful than he had initially thought. After all, it didn't hurt to have someone to count on.

The old swordsman reached into his satchel and pulled out a small parcel, one he had been waiting to open. It was not a request, or even remotely work related; it was from his youngest brother. Kosataka had long aspired to be his brother, in every way, shape, and form. It was this desire that his brother had that scared Ashitaka so deeply. Kosataka knew nothing about the rigors of the Mercenary's livelihood. He knew nothing of the danger, the pain, and above all, the brutality of the entire system. In truth, Ashitaka led this life so that his family wouldn't have to. His father did the same thing, and now he would carry that legacy.

Inside the parcel was a letter:

Brother mine,
I write to you with the updates you so frequently request. Mother is still unwell, but she is improving, which is excellent news. Our sisters have begun searching for work, if they can find it, and Mikoto has even considered marrying into a rich family. I talked her out of it, naturally, but the truth is that we can't sustain ourselves on what you send us, not forever. We never know when your next shipment of funds will come, and we live every day in hunger and fear. I beg you to consider finding a stable job, for the time being, so that we might be able to eat freely once again. I know that everything you do is in the best interest of all of us - I commend you for that. I wish that I could help you; every day I pray for your safety. I know that every day you put your life at risk so that we might live to see another day, but please, consider your own well being. We worry for you, brother.

I have taken up the study of the Katana, much like you did. I must admit, I am nowhere near as good as you, seeing as I am only learning from what I can read, and it doesn't help very much. Still, with time, I believe that I can build up my skills, and even beat you in a duel one day. One can dream, can't they?

Best of luck, and to your health.
-Kosataka

Ashitaka folded the letter, and placed it in his pocket. He had not yet written a response, but now he finally had one. He walked over to his satchel, fished out a pen and paper, and wrote a simple reply - one that explained the turning point in his situation.

Brother mine,
I thank you for your letters. It is good to know that in times of great crisis I can always talk to you. I have great news - I have accepted a job that could potentially change the course of our lives. With this one job, I could make enough for all of us to retire! Half a million pieces, Kosa! Mother can get well, our sisters can be happy for the first time in years, and I can finally teach you the ways of the Katana, which I know you so desperately want to learn.

Please remain vigilant. Spend wisely. This payment will not come for some time, but help is coming. I promise you. I'll die if it means that you can eat. One way or another, I'm getting that payment.

May fortune smile upon you and our family,
Ashi

With that, he laid the letter on the desk, covering it with a tented book, letting the ink dry. He had a long day tomorrow, and he wasn't doing himself any favors by staying awake. He lay in bed for only a few moments before he was consumed by the relief of sleep.

Tomorrow would be a new day.

Jackaboi Jackaboi (ready for next day.)

Aoba Hitokiri & Ruby Yang Beifang

"i see...then we will get onto that." Aoba says to her summon after being told of what is going to happen the next day. After Eve transformed back into Magicite, Aoba puts the stone away turns to Ruby to say "Looks like a war is about to erupt tomorrow. We need to get to Magus before all is too late." Ruby responds with a nod, saying "Yeah, I cannot wait to beat some M.E.U. asses tomorrow." She seems to be very excited for the big event. The two were hiding in an alleyway not much people don't seem to pass at this late of night.

"We should rest first. Does that barmaid still give you the free room?" Aoba asked, and then Ruby replies "Uh...yeah, just avoid her though." With that said asnd done, the two women went off to the tavern to call off the night. They will be needingh a lot of energy for the war.

Jackaboi Jackaboi Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Gideon nodded, but he still gave a bit of concern. "Are you sure siege weaponry are going to be enough? We still don't know everything that Lily has smuggled outside of the gets. They might be ready for catapults and ballistae. I'll check to see what we have... but do keep in mind how much preparation and info Magus may have on us and our attack." Isaac was right about the soldier getting careless. Gideon was one of the commanders in charge of caring for the soldiers that failed the first attack. The damage that the mages had caused was beyond any magic he had seen before. This wasn't just a group of refugees trying to stay out of Delaran influence... these were well trained magic soldiers ready to fight for what they believed in.

His train of thought was cut short when the girl approached the two commanders. The question was strange... but Gideon knew why she was asking it. "If you give me your mother's name... I can check and see if it was placed inside the vault. But, I'm not sure you know what taking arms is truly about. This life is not kind to the light-hearted. If you don't have what it takes to end a life to save your own..." Gideon paused for a moment, dark thought reaching from the back of his mind. "Then you may not be able to survive the first week of war. I'll get her sword for you... but please think on this before you risk your life in such a way."

Issac.png

"That is why we attack as soon as possible. We can't allow them time to properly reinforce their defenses." Issac was not wasting any time planning the next move. Already he was visualising squad placements and siege equipment blasting through the walls of the old ruin. Issac didn't belong in a life of politics or investigating murders of influential individuals. He belonged in the heat of battle, fighting for King and Country. Not to mention he wanted to see this "saviour of magus" for himself. Issac wanted to know just how he managed to do what all other settlements couldn't. "We have to be careful. I would've liked a little more time to recruit before this battle but now we don't have a choice." Suddenly, the same girl from the execution approached, asking for her mother's sword. "Hm...?" He looked at the girl, a little surprised. A little girl that looks to be barely in her teens not only supported Daren's execution but now was also looking to take up arms? He waited for Gideon to finish speaking before he spoke up himself. "Your mother fought with us did she? That certainly explains why you hate the mages so much." A thought came to Issac's mind, remembering a soldier by the name of Shiina, requesting that should she ever fall, that her blade be kept safe until her daughter came of age to carry it herself. "Your mother wouldn't happen to be called Shiina Goldwood would she? If so... I believe her blade should be resting her gravestone close to Colassi Tower. I truly am sorry for your loss and I have no right to stop you from claiming what is yours. But... I must ask... Do you truly believe you are ready? Like Gideon has said you must be resolved to end another's life."

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe ShadowHounder ShadowHounder

Ethan Kaloronos

"FOR DELARAN," he cheered, raising his fist skyward. He was fired up after listening to the Grandmaster explain everything in more detail. They were set to begin their conquest of the last Bastion of the Magus, sooner than expected. Ethan was enthralled, ready to bury his blade into the hearts of his enemies. He left the barracks and boarded onto the nearest available wagon along with some other MEU soldiers that he recognized. They all greeted him on the way into the cart, and they all were simultaneously ecstatic and terrified. This attack was supposed to be the first big offensive in a while and many of the soldiers, just like himself, were rookies being sent in on their first big combat mission.

(Ready for time skip Jackaboi Jackaboi )

"My mother... She died protecting this city. Ever since that day three years ago, I've been thinking about it," Ayane said whilst looking down, eyes closed, holding back the anger and sadness that was trying to escape from her memories. A momentary, faint breeze blew through the air for a moment, setting the atmosphere for the situation at hand. Ayane looked up at the commanders once more. "If I weren't ready, I wouldn't be here..." Ayane said firmly. She knew that it was a lot to ask for, to take up her mother's sword after waiting a full three years, but she didn't care, as she had one goal, and one goal only; finish the job her mother started. "I may not know what it's like, but I want to. I need to see what my mother saw... Protect the things she protected..."

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder Jackaboi Jackaboi

THE GREAT MAGE HUNT OF DELARAN - DAY 2
The Siege of Magus Begins

Civil unrest has spread arcross Delaran upon the news of yesterdays events spreading like wildfire. Despite the Grandmaster's grand attempt at calming the populace during the execution it all proved for naught as not only was a mage hiding in the care of Lord Ivan Bravfar, they also manipulated the soldiers for months, commited mass murder and escaped the city above all else. Thus talk of whether the M.E.U were really doing anything for the city erupted, dealing a heavy blow to the organisation's morale in the process. Even so Issac Baelsar stood his ground, he was not about to let Lily get away that easily. Working ahead of schedule, the M.E.U dedicated a hefty amount of reinforcements to Colassi Tower, with a good amount of siege weaponry in tow. Trebuchet's, Ballistae and catapults. Soldiers vast enough to make the last attack on magus look like child's play. The M.E.U were prepared to go to war.

Meanwhile Magus wasn't exactly in a good position either. After a daring attack on the village from a rouge M.E.U soldier the citizens were shaken. A single soldier managed to easily infiltrate the old fort and kill several mages. How they managed to get in to begin with was beyond anyone's knowledge, however considering Princess Elisa was present at the time raised a few suspicions and doubts towards their newly appointed leader Gildal. Can his words rally the people to defend their home? Only time will tell. Even now the Princess resides in the dungeons of Colassi Tower, awaiting proper investigation as to whether she was brainwashed or not.

Great acts of discord were performed that day. Could it all have been mere coincidence? Or the work of something more sinister... But now was not the time to worry about that. For the siege of Magus draws near. With the Grandmaster commanding the army from the front lines. The scouts of Magus would easily be able to notice the sudden increase in activity in the tower, including the stockpileing of weaponry and siege equipment. With their daily report written down they prepared to leave for Magus posthaste. Unfortunately they were spotted for the first time by a contingent of soldiers patrolling the grounds. Due to the increased manpower in the tower it became nearly impossible to avoid their sight. The scouts battled on but were soon overwhelmed. Only a single scout escaped with their life but not without a good few injuries.

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot thefierysiren thefierysiren TPBx TPBx Zamasu Zamasu Britt-21 Britt-21 Mena Mena

Ashitaka - Local Inn; Morning

The old swordsman's eyes were greeted with the blinding light of morning, which only proved how late he had slept. Today was a big day, for better or for worse. It was time to get to work. Ashitaka rubbed his eyes, flung himself out of the relatively small bunk, dressed himself, and began readying his equipment. His sword was polished, arrows were carefully lined into the quiver on his back, poisons, remedies, a handful of gold pieces and a loaf of bread were all delicately placed into his satchel, and his cloak was dusted off.

It was time.

The streets were in a panic. Rumors and gossip spread like flames on dead wood, and as he walked through the crowds, the swordsman picked up scraps of information, some of which alarmed him more than others.

"Siege," "War," "M.E.U." "Magus," all words that were being thrown around. He didn't quite know what it all meant just yet, but knew that it couldn't possibly be good. His job, already impossibly difficult, had just gotten more complicated. A war with the Magus would mean bad news for him, on the grounds that this was his destination, and a war didn't necessarily call for more security, but for an insane amount of danger. For possibly the first time, there was a real chance that he wouldn't come back without any real wounds. He could lose more than just an eye.

However, this was all speculation. In the meantime, he needed to find the target, and needed to find her soon. The job needed to be done as soon as possible, in case the rumors of war were true... if they were rumors at all. Rumor or not, the old swordsman wasn't about to take any chances. His right hand rested a bit more firmly on the hilt of his blade.

Jackaboi Jackaboi

"Could you have been just a tiny bit less precise?" Gremble protested within his cell at the Tower. "If you intended to take me prisoner... don't you think an injury like this could kill me long before interrogations would even be in place?" The scout had his hand on the stab wound in his side, using his magic to form a temporary bandage for the bleeding. "With incompetence like this, it's no wonder General Gildal took you out so easily. A shame that you are foolish enough to try again... considering we've had weeks to prepare thanks to Lily's stubbornness." Gremble looked around to see who else accompanied him within the dungeons of the tower. The place was surprisingly quiet compared to what he had envisioned a hallway of criminals to be. He took note of the people he could see from the limits of his bars... and seeing the absence of Lily troubled him slightly. "She's not here... meaning she didn't try and hide back in Delaran... or possibly something happened to the Princess, meaning not only was she unable to keep her promise to the General, but we're going to get blamed for the event. How does he deal with all of this anyway? The General has so little faith in himself and yet he's been able to juggle the responsibilities of Magus and avoiding MEU influence like it's child's play."

A Lady in Distress - Streets of Delaran

As Ashitaka strolled through the crowds, on the search for his client, a woman with a cloak draped over her head ran past all the civilians in a clear panic, as if someone was giving chase. She spotted a fairly dangerous looking man covered in scars and ran to him for help. The moment she was close enough the woman grabbed his shirt, clearly desperate to get the man's attention. "Please sir! You have to help me! Someone is trying to kill me! Please!" She stared directly at the man with her emerald green eyes, black hair flowing from side to side as she looked behind, checking to see if they were close. "S-sorry... I have to go! They could be anywhere and if they catch me talking to you... You'll be in danger too..." Again she ran off into a nearby alleyway. Should Ashitaka himself follow her he would find her lying on the ground, not immediately apparent as to whether her life had been taken or not.

BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot

Ashitaka - Streets/Alleys of Deleran

Well, that didn't take very long. It was still morning and already Ashitaka was on the job - well, another job. Since he clearly didn't know where his client was, and didn't necessarily have time to care, he pursued the lady down a nearby alleyway, finding her either dead or unconscious. Immediately, Ashitaka realized what he had done wrong.

This was a setup waiting to happen.

A deep suspicion arose in his chest. This was not a good position to be in. If anybody saw him here now, he would likely be blamed for her death, assuming she was dead. Instead, he tugged his own hood over his head and took to the shadows, evading any and all contact he could. His blade glinted outside of its scabbard. Who was she? What was she doing that put her at risk, and furthermore, why come to him?

Jackaboi Jackaboi (A'ite, les do dis)

Elisa text.png

Elisa was awoken by the sudden commotion echoing down the prison halls. Did they capture another prisoner? The M.E.U were certainly more active today. The princess rose from the stone bed in the corner of her room and stepped forward to get a better view of her new neighbor. The prisoner was thrown in the cell just facing her. Just as she guessed it was indeed a mage from Magus judging from the mention of a General and Magus. Assuming he was talking about Gildal. However she didn't recall seeing him before. Elisa tried to dust herself off but to no avail, the dirt from the poorly kept cells had already stained her clothes. "(Sigh) This is going to be a pain to clean when I get out...." Either way she approached the bars and checked left and right making sure the guards have left. "You're from Magus right? Take it you got a little too close to the tower? Bet you've always wanted to see a member of royalty behind bars... Well as you can see that very assassin who attacked your haven came back here and started spreading false claims about me being brainwashed... And they believed her..."

ShadowHounder ShadowHounder

??? - Delaran Alleyway

1554337998621.pngTwo masked individuals watched from the rooftop overlooking the alley. Awaiting their target to arrive and soon the mercenary did exactly what they wanted. Once he was in position the two of them dropped down, cornering the swordsman and raised their hands. A black flame enveloped their arms and pointed it right at their target. "I wouldn't try anything mercenary. We wield black magic and with you cornered and outnumbered one to three, your chances are looking slim." Ashitaka would notice something off with that sentance, one to three? But only two stood before him? But even if he were to figure it out, he wouldn't have the chance to react as the supposed damsel in distress rose suddenly and held a ceremonial looking dagger against his neck. "Sorry for trickin' ya buddy! But we had to get you out of public view for a while so we could have a private chat~" A devious smile stretched across the woman's face before one of the masked individuals continued. "You see... You appear to have gotten involved with someone of great interest to us... A little girl with short blonde hair? I would ask you nicely that you bring us to her. You can decline of course but you'd also be forfieting your life in the process. Y'know how it is."

BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot Britt-21 Britt-21 (This yo chance)

Ashitaka - Cornered in an alleyway

Yep, it was a trap. Just as he had expected. Still, not only was he cornered by a Mage, but by three. He listened attentively. It was time to put his training to use.

Slowly, he raised his hands away from his blade. He wasn't planning on using it. He sized up his foes. Three mages, all the good vantage points, all with magic and possibly armed with actual weapons. He had a sword, some poison(s), a handful of gunpowder, and 19 years worth of experience.

Still, he wasn't an unreasonable man, and at least wanted to hear them out.

"That depends." He growled. "See, I'm not too sure you know who I am. Clearly, this is your first time dealing with a greedy bastard like me. Everyone has a price... And mine's currently locked at half a million pieces of gold. So tell me: what exactly do I gain from this, other than my life? A pat on the back? No, you're gonna have to do better than that, and if you were any smarter, you wouldn't be so gullible to believe that I'd just follow you, no questions asked. The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye."

He grinned, and pressed his throat to the blade.

"Trust me, I'm greedy, but I'm not an idiot. Besides, you've paid so much attention to my hands..."

In what was possibly the fastest motion he had ever done, he kicked his captor directly in the stomach, and immediately retreated out of the alleyway, leaving behind a large trail do dust in his wake.

Obviously, he couldn't get very far in such a short period of time, but it was all he needed. Thinking fast, he scaled a building as quickly as he could muster, his older frame making this difficult.

"Gods, this was easier when I was 20...!"

Jackaboi Jackaboi (come get me bruh) Britt-21 Britt-21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back