• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Great Ending: Start towards the Library of Incarnia

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
Solirus Solirus RayPurchase RayPurchase ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Slav Slav SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III CaptainSully CaptainSully

Captain Jason Riley
Interactions: Everyone, Specifically Hazel Scott
Jason smiled at the hologram of the invading colony they were sent to eliminate. They were on the outskirts of what used to be New York City and this was one of the last Minnerite colonies on earth, but it was also one of the largest. From what Theodore said, they have taken the entirety of the once great human city. It was something that was so powerful and from what the drones had gathered, there were at least three Cimmiac's there. Cimmiac's were massive 200 foot tall gem constructs. They were long and slender, and swung their arms to attack. Rather than smashing something, the long, limp limbs of a Cimmiac seemed to cut. From what humans could research, it was because the entire arm and hand of these behemoths were lined with diamond. On top of those monsters was at least 5,000 soldiers keeping the city locked down. Luckily the drones all made it through, so they had a very good view with the hologram.

However, the team would know the look in his eyes. The look of Jason making a plan. Despite how childish he was, there was a reason he was captain of this fire team. In battle there was no one more effective and destroying the enemy. The look he had in his eyes was one that meant complete destruction and massacre. It was horrifying to most, but he assumed his team was used to this look by now.

Jason rose from his seat and began to manipulate the hologram. He moved hologram models of their mechs all over the map and smiled as he spoke "
Theodore will drop us secretly into each location. He will first drop Valhalla, The Fallen Angel and Behemoth Knight on the Brooklyn Bridge ruins. You three will approach from that side and draw their fire." He spun the map and smiled as he placed more holograms "H.A.U.L.E.R and Vanguard will come in from behind and position right at the old Empire State Building. That is where they will try to run and you two can cut them down as they try to get out." He then placed the hologram of the carrier up in the air "The Phantasm and South Dragonfly will be positioned in the air. When they try to take off, gun them down. The rest of the team can finish off the stragglers. It will basically be bird shooting the last five minutes."

That only left him. What sort of insanity had be planned for himself? Knowing him it was something only he was crazy enough to do and pull off. He then set his hologram on the shore. The shore right across from Ellis Island. The location where the Cimmiac's were stationed in waiting. He then drew a line to show what he knew was going to happen "The Cimmiac's will all cross this little water way towards old Battery Park. If they get through the entire plan is dead. So, we will positions myself and Jager 66 on the shore to cut them off." A look came into his eyes with a smile that showed just how unstable and brutally effective he was in this sort of situation. He chuckled as he looked at the holograms of the massive Cimmiac's, each more than doubling his mechs height "I will have time to hit two of them with my Anti-Life Rail Cannon's. However, after that they will need to charge for another use. So, I guess the last one I will have to gun down the old fashioned way." There was something dark about the way he said that. Like he was looking forward to just ripping that last one to shreds.

He then looked around at his team wit a smile "Once at your start locations, wait to hear the signal. The signal will be my Rail Cannon's ripping apart the first Cimmiac." With that he turned off the hologram, sending the plan to each mechs mainframe and the carrier's as well. Suddenly, Jason seemed to turn softer. Then out of no where he jumps over to Hazel and wraps his arms around her waist as she sat in the chair. He giggled a little as he nuzzled his face into her, hugging her tightly "Hazel! Love me before Leo drags me off all mad again!" His laughter was childlike and confusing. How could someone with such a mind for devastating battle strategy be so childish outside of battle? It wasn't something Jason thought about. Right now, he just swooned a little as he held onto Hazel's waist, clearly not about to let go without some show of affection or until Leo dragged him off, but at least with the show of affection, Jason wouldn't pout until it was time to fight. It wasn't like he really thought about feelings or anything. Rather he latched onto every member of his team like this at one point or another. Today was Just Hazel's luck of the draw.

Last edited:
Sigmund nodded a bit as the lead ran over the plans for them, rubbing his chin. "As soon as we get enter the fray, I'll start pulling fire towards the knight. The angel isn't as armored as the knight or Valhalla, and Valhalla only has frontal armor. If either of them get surrounded or pinned, it's a threat to the squad you've formed, and the entire mission as a whole. I'll try to draw as much punishment to myself then, so the other two can do what they do best and start cutting through the enemy. On the slim chance a Cimmiac gets through to us, I'll stall it as best as I can. The knight may be only half it's size, but it's got enough armor and strength to hold the blasted thing off till it's repelled or dead."

The plan was about as sound as they'd get it, but combat rarely followed a plan as one would hope. Somehow, some way, there was always a surprise and everyone had to adapt the best they could. Despite that, he'd come to trust the captains capability in forming a plan of attack, as no one had died from it yet. Watching the captain cling to hazel he could only shake his head a bit, he had a feeling that wasn't going to end well one way or another. Instead of fretting about that, he looked between the two he was teamed up with. There was the fire team lead himself, and the captains second in command. Neither of them were exactly 'friendly' in the cockpit, and cain was quick to piss off even outside of it. "If either of you two get pinned, I'm trusting you'll comm in for me to draw the fire. Same situation as it's always been with me, I'll take the bullets you don't want. I'll try to keep the nanite cocktail usage to a minimum so the knights servo's don't soak in too much each usage. Figure that way, I can give em another dose if I need to rush in and draw fire off of either of you."

Last edited:
The meeting was much like they always were, Riley looking at this plan with total self satisfaction and putting himself in a position where he could take the glory for himself. He had given up trying to reason with the overgrown child in the briefing room, it was much more efficient to just keep an eye on him on the battlefield. He simply grunted his acknowledgement of the instruction, continuing to eye the hologram. In the corner of his eye he spotted Riley wrap his arms around a surprised Hazel, rubbing at his temples with an exasperated sigh. They were about to go up against a heavily armed enemy force and he was flirting like a five year old. At least the captains capabilities as a pilot far ourweighed his capabilities with the women.

As Leo continued to study his dropzone he was approached by Sigmund. The younger lad was a pleasant distraction from the shenanigans who actually wanted to talk about their impending mission. His suggestion was the same as always, drawing fire from everyone else so that they could sweep up the numbers. It was always a solid plan given the armour of Behemoth Knight, but it always unnerved Leo. Even with it's masses of armour and the nanite repair system in place, it wouldn't guarentee it's ability to stand up to enemy fire if it the onslaught was large enough.

"Sig the idea is sound as always but i'm concerned that what we are walking into may not be as simple as we're used to. I Just have this nagging feeling." Leo had never been one to believe in foresight or any other supernatural nonsense but his gut feeling rarely led him astray. "I don't think we are seeing the full extent of their forces here. Don't misunderstand, I hope i'm wrong...i'd just rather we get right to work when we drop. Just to be safe." Leo put his hands onto the counter and looked closer at the hologram towards where they were going to be deployed. "Once we've dropped you can start unloading on whatever is waiting for us. With that barrage under way i'll make my way towards any heavy ordanance they may have. The shimmer shield is more than capable of keeping me from taking any major hits. All the while Cain can make sure that you are not getting swarmed and do what he does best...killing." Leo turned to Augustus and smiled. "Sound good to you?"

Lighting up a cigarette and taking a deep intake of the sweet nicotine, she studied the battle plan itself, leaning forward as she did. Whilst Hazel enjoyed the idea of being at the back of the squad away from the initial combat, she couldn't help but notice that Riley always seemed to be out in the open facing on wide amount of enemies as per usual. While it hasn't gone bad as of lately, sooner or later, Riley's idea of taking them all on would be his downfall....and Hazel herself having to pull his ass out of the frying pan as well as helping with the repair of Jager 66 herself if it came to be.

Looking over it once more to check if she misheard or misread anything, she sat back up straight, right leg crossed over her left one. "Looks good to me boss, as so long as your mech doesn't get beat up by the guys on the ground as well those Cimmiac's, should be good for me as well. 30mm on my mech should clear any troops lying low on the ground and buildings if need be, though if need be, the CQC will take care of them as well. I'll get the supplies loaded up as soon as we're done here. Hate to go out without equipment."

At this point, Hazel would usually get up, go off and check all equipment that was needed, since the others could fill in the minor details along the way to the drop zone. However, this time Riley had chosen Hazel as his next teddy bear target, much to her dismay. While the others were talking about the plan, Hazel was now fighting for her life against the 21 year old child which had grabbed her by the waist. Knowing that she would love to push the damn cigarette straight into one of his eyes, she instead stood up, managing to do so without falling over the chair and unwrap Riley's arms around her, petting his head lightly "Alright Captain, fun times over, we got shit to do before the drop zone." Giving Leo the 'Please help me before I'll turn him into a ash tray' look.

Theodore remained sitting down on his seat while the captain explained the plan, it was very logical and took into account the advantages of all the mechs, for the most part. The frontlines, being able to soak up the most amount of damage draw the enemy fire and fight the enemies head on, HAULER and Vanguard remain at a distance as they don’t have the defensive capabilities the others have, but they do have fire power and functionalities that allows them to support from a distance. The Southern Dragonfly and The Phantasm can hold their own and prevent any enemies from escaping or arriving from the sky and be able to help the ground force if necessary. The only problem major flaw of the plan was the reckless idea for the captain to go alone. His mech might be quite capable and the captain himself is one of, if not the best pilot he has seen, but fighting alone will eventually end up in him being swarmed. “Sir, if I may object on a part of the plan, you going completely alone will jeopardize the mission and most importantly your life, So I'll be sending a small squad of support and attack drones to assist you if you don’t mind.”

As he was proposing his idea to the captain so he wouldn’t simply try to do things alone he began hugging Hazel. Theo sighed a bit but just did a small shrug. Even though the captain was very knowledgeable in war, he sometimes acted as a child, which in most moments was an annoyance and a problem, though it also helps in making him more unpredictable in battle. Whatever it was Theo was always very tolerant when the captain turned out this way since he didn't have much of a choice and because he found it somewhat amusing. “Sir, I would highly suggest you stop hugging Hazel, we need to prepare for the mission and I do believe she was on her way to prepare her equipment, so it would be best if we could get prepared as quickly as possible.” He looked at everyone in the room. “If any of you have any questions about the mission then now is the time to ask before we begin prepapring for the mission.” He remained seated and began moving around the hologram making sure nothing was out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
Sasha Lebedev

Among the unique crew of Humanities best mech pilots, a short blonde girl is seated along with the others during the briefing. A blank faced individual who seems to be pretty laid back despite her role in humanity. This is Sasha Lebedev. Face of an angel, fights like a demon. Known as "Cosmic Butterfly" in the battlefield, but she is far from being labelled as a prey despite the nick/codename. During the briefing, Sasha sat comfortably, in fact a bit too comfortably. Her body slouched as her head rests on her left shoulder, all the while chewing on what is unmistakably chewing gum. She seemed too relaxed that her eyes started to drift off anywhere except the hologram and briefings. She managed to catch eyes with the other crew members and even diverted her attention to Catain Jason whom was, just him as usual. She is just glad that she was not the victim this time.

Sasha gave a short salute upon mentioning her mech's name, The Southern Dragonfly or SD-56 for short. A jet mech prototype hybrid that specializes in superior aerial combat. Her mission was simple. Any hostiles that attempts to use the air is a dead one, plain simple, just the way she liked it. She may have a strange captain but at least he knows how to keep it simple. Quiet as usual. Sasha continued to lazily sit on her seat as she inflates her chewing gum multiple times now, complete with a suppressed popping noise and eating it all the way back into her mouth. This impression causes her to look lazy and barely listens to anything, of course looks can be deceiving as she is indeed listening but only with her ears at this point. It doesn't help the fact that she still looks like she is not listening to a single word they've said with her hands on her jacket's pockets and obnoxious chewing gum noises. She looked at her partner flight combat and mission, Theodore brooks. Whom was just literally seated beside her. A good man with a sense of honor, hardly talks to him. Maybe today she will. She raised both of her eyebrows twice as some kind of way of acknowledgement.

Alexander was carefully examining the hologram and the plan that had just been laid out for them. It was one of those few rare moments where Alexander was actually being serious and not his usual self. He reached into his front pocket and retrieved a flask from it. The flask contained plenty of liquor, enough to make a normal person quite intoxicated. Alexander wasn't your average person though and he unscrewed the cap and took a big swig from it. He took another swig before screwing the cap back on and putting it back in his front pocket. He almost always had alcohol in his system and he was drinking so much alcohol that you couldn't find any on the ship. He slumped back into his chair a bit light headed. It was hard for him to focus on the plan but there really wasn't much to think about. The plan was simple but simple plans usually meant a lot of improvisation. Now, he sat patiently, waiting for a signal to start what was going to be a long day.

As he sat patiently, he listened to the loud chewing of Sasha, a girl who he really didn't know personally. He didn't know many things about his fellow team members as it's hard to hold a conversation with Alexander without being annoyed immediately. He turned his head to speak to her, "If you chew anymore loudly, I may not even hear myself think." Alexander said quite rudely with his usual rudeness and annoyance. He was just trying to spur a reaction from her but his past attempts usually failed and he didn't expect anything different today. He mainly was just trying to pass the time as he was a bit more restless then usual. He knew today's battle wasn't going to be so easy as it seemed, making him all the more jittery but he always tried to maintain his composure.

Cain was stood motionless, arms folded, cold blue eyes staring at the hologram before them. His cheek twitched a little as Riley mentioned his own deployment area, causing the bisecting scars on the right side of his face to writhe, like snakes under his skin. Draw their fire.... fucking likely. Both Cain and the Valhalla were simple one minded beasts, they lived for the thrill of the kill, if they came under fire, they weren't simply going to stand their soaking it in. They would find the source, and end it. He didn't even bother to roll his eyes as Riley latched himself onto Hazel. The man was a fool, a child. He was effective admittedly, but it was times like this that Cain's near constantly simmering anger almost came to the boil. He nodded in Sigmund's direction. Aside from Brooks the whole team hardly seemed old enough to dress themselves in the morning. Then again the war hadn't left many veterans, he was part of a rare breed, what was left of the old guard, the rest massacred in the early days. It was part of what pushed him, focused his anger and energy. Cain didn't return Leo's smile, to be honest no one was quite sure the last time Cain had truly smiled, or in a friendly way anyway.

"Sounds like an adequate plan, it won't survive the first 5 minutes of combat, but it'll do for now,"

Captain Jason Riley
Interactions: Hazel SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III , Theodore Solirus Solirus

Jason whinned a little as Hazel got up, but quickly smiled as she finally pet him. Then he heared Theodore. His behavior once again became stern as he stood up "You will do no such thing. Why do you think I put our most defensive capable mech on the front line with two others that have almost no means of protecting themselves?" He turned and pulled the map up again. He then looked at the carrier driver with a serious look. This was a part of his plan and Theodore had to listen "The Minnerites are smart. Your drones picked up on one or two opponents in the buildings between the Brooklyn Bridge and the Empire State building, but I can guarantee that these buildings are loaded with enemies that will make the bridge teams path a complete blaster tunnel. This will more than double the amount of enemies we have projected. However, your drones are key to making their job easy. Send the defense drones to cover our less defensive mechs, but the attack drones will funnel into the buildings. The fire power those drones carry will turn those buildings into one big barrel and the Minnerite's will be the fish your putting holes in."

It was then he noticed where they were on the map. A smile formed on his face "
Everyone to their mechs. Time to drop is about 5 minutes." With that he walked off towards the bay where the mechs were held. There was no point in trying to argue with him now. He was in a fight mode and everything in his mind was geared to a fight. Once he made it to the mech bay he walked down the cat walk that allowed the mech pilots enter their larger Initiators. He crossed Vanguard and even Behemoth Knight. They were all fantastic, but his was special. It was the only Biotech Mech they had and it had a mind of its own. Soon he stopped to see his partner. Jager 66 was on all fours, drinking from the massive water tank they had set up for him. Jason leaned on the railing of the catwalk with a smile "Hey there big guy." The massive Biotech Behemoth looked up and lifted it's massive head up to his driver. Once his face was up there it gave an almost purr as Jason rubbed it's snout. Jason enjoyed having a living mech. It always meant that no matter where he was, he always had someone looking out for him. Most people who tried to look after Jager were scared of the massive beast and Jager could sense it, so when Jason showed no fear of him it was a nice change of pace.

Jason continued to pet Jager until he finally spoke "
It's about time to go buddy. Got some people to kill." It was then that the massive beast stood straight. The cone like port on it's chest opened up. Jason hopped over the railing into the cockpit. Once he was sat down the port closed. Inside was two control joysticks. This was how Jason used the firing system, but Jager still had it's own choices. Luckily the pilot and Jager were usually in sync, so that was alright. As soon as he was strapped in, a cable that almost seemed alive attached to the back of Jason's head. As it did so Jason's mind was connected to Jager's computer system. The entire front of the cockpit turned into a screen and he could see the inside of the bay. With a smile Jason put Jager into a small opening. This opening automatically loaded all the weapons on Jager 66. As he waited to be fully loaded, Jager looked to the other pilots and gave a small roar to them, signaling that he was ready for a fight as the machines continued to load his weapons. The six standard fire weapons being loaded with Anti-Spacecraft rounds and the Rail-Cannon's being loaded with a special ammo. Each Rail-Cannon fired a titanium rod sharped to a point. Each one was loaded with six, but they would only have time to fire one each. The solar panels on it's back opened up so they could collect solar power as much as they could before they started the mission. Now they just waited. A few more minutes until the fight was on.

Sigmund couldn't help but give a shrug and a sigh. "I know what you're saying leo, but that's just the point. If it's more than we're seeing, I'd rather take the brunt instead of you two. Even if armor shatters, I can still keep Knight running for a while after that. As wonderful as it'd be for it to be the case, a plan is just that, a plan...something always gets thrown into the works, and we have to improvise at some point. Just the way combat goes, right? Besides, I don't have a lot of means for 'unloading' at range. That MG only has so many rounds, and it's better for suppression. I'm better off heading right into the thick of it and coating everything in a healthy layer of fire.". Looking at cain, he could only give a nod. The fireteam lead was hardly the friendly sort, but that was alright, couldn't force someone to be happy. Hearing riley give the order to armor up, he gave a nod to his small group. "Five minutes huh? Not a lot of wiggle room to get suited and then into the mech, but gotta live with what we got. Let's not die out there, right?". He couldn't help but give a small grin to the both of them. It was something he always did, one last smile before deployment. Who wanted to see a grim face the last time they were alive, or that person was alive? Better to leave with a smile and come back with a smile.

Turning on his heel, he actively had to rush to the mechbay in order to get geared. For all it's great bits, knight had one glaring issue...that damn reactor would actively kill him if he wasn't prepared against it. Walking along the catwalk, he stared up at the behemoth of a mech he worked with, giving a sigh. At least he didn't use stairs, but entry was still a pain in the ass. Moving along the walk towards the back of the machine he hopped onto a special elevator at the back of the machine, lined with equipment for suiting him up. As the elevator began it's painfully slow ascent, the machinery whirred to life, starting to plate him in the protective armored suit he'd need to survive his own systems. The suit was nice looking at least, he figured. Sleek black design with some blue highlighting..could be worse he figured.

It took around two to three minutes for the entire process to finish up, the elevators ascent painfully slow to purposely finish with suiting. Now that he was ready, he walked right into the back of the mech, the entrance located about three quarters up the 'spine' of the machine. He had to keep moving, these short drop times killed him. Getting into the control suite, he booted up everything as he strapped in. At least the reactor started up almost instantly, and he could already feel that warmth start to flood his entire mech. A quick system check revealed that everything was optimal...he had enough ammo and fuel for the fire to level a small city if he had too, hopefully he wouldn't have to do that though.

RayPurchase RayPurchase CaptainSully CaptainSully

Theodore looked back up as the Captain ordered him to not bring drones to his position and instead to the other two teams. “Understood.” He was already planning on sending drones to the other members of the team, but having the captain not want any help, not even a couple of support drones was beyond his comprehension. In the end it wasn’t surprising why they called the captain Wildcard. At the very least Theo would have a small squad of attack and support drones on standby for whenever the captain would need them.

“5 minutes then? Very well, I’ll begin preparing the Phantasm.” He looked at everyone else in the room before leaving to head for the main bridge. “I advise everyone to get into your mechs as soon as possible and not waste much time, we want to be as efficient as possible in this mission, the faster you get into your mechs, the better.” Theo began heading towards the main bridge were some of the officers were waiting for him to arrive. He took a seat on the pilot seat and began talking to the crew on the bridge. “Alright gentlemen, we’ll be heading to our mission location, New York city in approximately 5 minutes, I want you all to run a quick diagnostics before we activate the hyperdrive, I want to make sure the Phantasm is at its best.” The crew began opening up the systems for the ships and making sure everything was performing optimally. Theo pressed a button and a list of all the drones appeared with a map of the city, though it was currently outdated, once they would arrive, the map would be constantly updated by the recon drones, allowing Theo to receive accurate information to be able to inform his team. Theo pressed the speakers button in order to announce their departure. “Be advised, we will be activating hyperdrive in 2 minutes, destination New York city, expect enemy contact and prepare the mechs for the drop.”

Interactions: Everyone in the strategy room.

The rest of the team were far from Cain's thoughts as he stood before Valhalla, placing a hand against her leg, feeling the pitted and scarred plating, each one telling tales of myriad battles and duels. She was no oil painting, the scars and dents covered most of her, and there was no colour to her, her exterior the same unpainted gunmetal grey as when she had first rolled off the assembly line. He slowly ascended the gantry off the rig she was currently moored in, his fingers still tracing lines across her chassis. There was an aura of calmness over him, his eyes and features seemingly softer, as he went about his routine, checking every plate and weapon, to rush him was not advised (as several junior engineers had discovered).

After a 3 minute ascent he arrived at the cockpit, forward facing and already open, and he climbed inside, hands and feet resting against the controls, his own movements mirrored by the Mech, man and metal become one. The cockpit hissed shut as the hydraulics fixed it into place. For a few moments there was darkness before the reactor flickered into life.

Before him was a myriad of data, start up sequences, ammo counts, status reports, fuel levels... his eyes scanned over them, sorting out the relevant data and processing it easily. As the power levels increased he could feel something knowing at the back of his head. A small voice whispering away. She was awake. Each Mech had their own personality and traits, all the veteran drivers knew this. Not counting the Captain's living monstrosity however. Valhalla and Cain were similar characters, constantly pulling at the chains that held them in place. It was in combat that they could truly unleash themselves and be free, free to revel in the glory of combat, flooded with rage and endorphins, a red god in the centre of action. For now though Valhalla stood their motionless, Cain hanging in the control suit his limbs limp, eyes closed, feeling the vibrations of the deck beneath his feet.

Sasha Lebedev

5 minutes to prepare. This was the time given for all to prepare for the mission ahead. Despite the short time, Sasha seems to be unfazed by the short timer. Her reaction is just as blunt as she gave one of her teammates the "dead fish eyes" look, specifically the fire team specialist. Her head leans toward their direction shortly before proceeding to stand up to prepare. Her eyes began to look for a trash can close by as she gave her bubble gum a few more inflation rounds before reaching the disposal. Hands on her bomber jacket and eyes blank as always. Sasha's silence is no surprise to those who know her. She seemed to have the audacity to literally just walk to her mech's bay, as if she was confident that she already prepared the mech before hand. All she needed was to boot it up. Hence why the slow pace. She doesn't seem to mind being dragged by others to her bay for a faster pace as she'll actually surrender herself to their hands to just drag her there.

Upon arrival to her hanger bay. There rests the state-of-the-art fighter jet/mech hybrid "The Southern Dragonfly" or SD-56 in short. An old modeled fighter jet of the past now more mechanized to suit the more technological warfare age. Despite the least menacing name unlike it's more bone-chilling mech counterparts, it's one of the most fastest mechs that can ever take the skies. Humanities best tech of the past has been revived to rise again and fight for humanity once more. The Southern dragonfly's development was no joke either. Because of it's model being old fashioned, the newer tech could not keep it together and making it's controls hard to manuever, in fact it's development was almost put to a halt because of the many attempted expensive failures and brutal casualties of pilots. It's speed was beyond the human mind. This is where Sasha saved the project. Her skills with the broken mech was beyond the minds of the head researchers. Some say the mech has become an extension of herself. Each controls and movement was all her. She managed to handle the broken mech at it's full potential despite it still being a prototype. Now it's development continues but Sasha continues the fight with the unfinished mech as she states that it will take forever to do so. She came into the fire team with a half finished weapon but that doesn't stop her from helping her team to succeed.

Walking to her mech. She looked at it's clean and polished platings. Along the catwalk, through the hangar bay. She kept on walking to the mech without a care in the world. The girl's calm personality was outworldly but nothing new to the fire team. Walking up the elevated stairs to the cockcpit. Sasha is ready for action. She was right. She prepared before hand. The SD-56 was clean, armed and ready. All she had to do was just turn it on. Sasha entered the cockpit the old fashioned way on how fighter jets are entered. Some argue that her mech is not even a mech at all. Just an over modified jet but some disagree. The girl changed into her pilot's jacket, which looks like the bomber jacket she had earlier but in the color of black and white with blue line highlights. She too prepared her gear inside the cockpit to change quickly like how a college student changes crams their time. Sasha equipped the rest of her gear from joint pads to gloves. The last thing she wore is her old fashioned design helmet. A neurohelmet that aids her control over the mech despite it's already complicated controls. Unlike, the jets of the past. It doesn't take too long to start the dragonfly. Inserting her hands into the control gloves, a pair of gloves that is wired to the mech to control it's arms and put thos gloves into a pair of joysticks with a complex design. Inserting a USB-type key to her helmet. Her boot up begins.

Star Engines Systems online...

Advanced Targeting System online...

Weapons loaded...

All systems nominal!

And just like that the, the Southern Dragonfly is ready to fly! The following HUD popped in her visor like usual. Hologram targeting is all over the cockpit screens and her computer on stand by. Like any normal teenage girl. She opened her Mech's super computer for an unnecessary task. At a zooming speed, she sent a message mail at blinding speed to the carrier's main pilot, Theodore Brooks.

Send New Email
New Email Received
Sasha Lebedev
Ready?
👍👍👍

Solirus Solirus

As everyone went their seperate ways, ready to hop in their war machines, Leo took a moment to himself. He began to stretch given that the Fallen Angel's control system was his own body. The last thing he would want is a bout of cramp in the middle of a fight. With each extension of a limb his mind focussed on the previous engagements the team had been involved in, the majority of which had gone without much incident. With the relative ease of the engagements he felt as if his own mech has much more to give. While he was concerned about the intelligence the team had, a deep dark recess within wanted things to go wrong. He wanted to see just how far he could push the Fallen Angel.

With his stretches complete he hurried to the mech bay, the majority of the team already in or in the process of getting into their mechs. Leo jogged across the gangway until he reached the lift specially designed to take him to the cockpit. There we contingency ladders in place on the mech should he ever have an issue but the lift was infinitely more convenient. As the lift approached the cockpit entrace, the doors opened wide allowing the lift to dock into it. Leo didn't hang about and leapt inside, hearing the lift's lock disengage behind. The doors of the cockpit closed leaving Leo in temporary darkness. After a moment the entire room lit up, revealing a to scale representation of the mechbay. Leo could see everything around the Fallen Angel but at it's own perspective.

'...User Docking Required...' flashed across the entire view point. 'Time to get strapped in...' Leo thought to himself. In the centre of the cockpit was a large robotic arm with at it's end. Leo approached it with arms stretched out to his side. Then without warning the arm quickly maneouvered itself behind Leo, the claw reaching out the mans back. The claw latched onto Leo over each shoulder, around the waist and luckily, it very carefully cradled his crotch. With the connection made, Leo's flightsuit began to glow a pale shade of blue. This was all part of the Avatar Project to allow Leo to effectively become the Fallen Angel.

After a quick system check Leo stood patiently waiting.

Luckily for Hazel, Riley's grip had ceased in a matter of moments, as his attention had shifted to someone else, allowing her to escape into the loading bay at hearing of a 5 minute drop time. She should've remembered to bring up the short drop notification this time as it didn't give her a lot of time to check everything was ready, though as of now, that didn't matter. What did matter was jumping into her own mech and getting it started up.

She didn't bother marveling at the other mechs as she jogged her way to her own. Stopping just short of where she was supposed to climb up onto the mech itself via ladder, she quickly spoke to a mechanic nearby who was climbing back down the ladder from the top of the mech "Everything loaded up?" Hazel asked, her heart now beating a little faster from the jogging. "Aye, all loaded and ready to go ma'am." The man nodding as he spoke. Nodding back, Hazel hastily climbed the ladder located at the back of the mech, working her way up to the top. Realsiing she forgot to say something, she stopped halfway and shouted back down to the mechanic "Thanks for everything" and with that, Hazel climbed up the rest of the way and on top of the mech.

Carefully moving towards the hatch, which was located in the middle of the mech. Opening the hatch with the hatch handle, she squirmed her way down the narrow hole, clinging to the ladder inside as she did, reaching the cockpit of the mech. Flicking a switch nearby, the hatch closed in a matter of seconds and she promptly sat in the chair just in front of her. It was a cramped cockpit due to the design of the mech, though it gave Hazel just enough room to quickly exit if things got too hectic. With Hazel comfortably sitting in the chair, she strapped on her harness which is connected firmly to the chair and gripped the two joysticks firmly. With her sorted, she booted up the mech via a small button on the joystick. The mech started with a low humming sound, each second the volume increasing while Hazel put on her headset, looking straight in front of the many screens viewing the outside world. Looking to the screen close left, data flooded relentlessly, showing every byte of information, going through checks of power, air conditioning, ammo, the whole lot, making sure everything was right.

The engines of the mech came to a consistent hum, though luckily enough, the sound was dampened enough so it wouldn't become irritating whilst Hazel operated the mech. With all systems checked through and through, Hazel sat waiting as the drop count ticked down second by second. She breathed in and out, steadying her breath, hopefully herself and the mech wouldn't land square foot in a large enemy position by accident.

Alexander wasn't surprised by Sasha's reaction, as that was what he expected from her. When he heard how much time they had to drop, Alexander rose up quickly and walked to his mech. As he was walking to his own mech, he marveled at his fellow teammates mechs that towered over his own. His was the smallest of the bunch, having been designed with it's small size in mind. He finally arrived at his own mech, the glorious flak cannons sticking out like a sore thumb. Before beginning his ascent to the top of his machine, he retrieved his flask from his pocket and gave it one last swig for good luck. Ain't nothin' like going into battle a bit buzzed. He put the flask away and began to climb the stairs to his mech's cockpit. His mech wasn't really tall enough to warrant an elevator to the top and Alexander didn't mind the climb up to the top. Once he reached the top of the mech, he put his foot on the top of the mech and leaned down to unlock the hatch mechanism. The hatch opened up by it's self and he then proceeded into the cockpit of the mech, the hatch automatically closing behind him.

Once inside, that's when Alexander decided to put his gear on. It wasn't anything special, just the required uniform and a holster around his waist. He then grabbed his revolver from a compartment within the mech and slide it into the holster. The revolver wouldn't do much against the enemy but he'd rather not feel defenseless if he has to bail out. After he was finished getting his gear on, he sat in the comfy seat of the mech. Even though his mech wasn't large, the cockpit was quite spacious and it also had A.C. Alexander found a comfortable sitting position in his seat before checking off some basic procedures to make sure that his mech was prepared for battle. He strapped himself in with a simple harness that clicked in on both sides of his seat. In order to turn his mech on, he had to use a biometric scanner by putting his thumb on a display directly in front of him. Once his identity was verified, he turned the machine on with a click of the button. At first, the engine gave out a great whine as it always does when it warms up. After a few moments, the engine quiets down to the point where it's barely audible. The newer engines were pretty good at being silent but under stress, they could be quite loud.

Once the mech warmed up, Alexander began checking the systems. He first checked that his radar system was working properly. After that, he made sure that the flak cannons were able to cycle through the ammunition types which was key in battle. He made sure that his ammunition was at maximum capacity as you didn't know how long the battle would last. Everything seemed to be in order in his mech, though he would continue to make sure everything is still proper til they drop. He always got a bit nervous before dropping but he combated it by occupying himself with checking the systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back