• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Grand Misadventures of a Bunch of Dorks

smolfluffball

Dork #1
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
The service on the ship had been better than James thought it would be. His things were promptly taken to his room and he was shown around as soon as someone had taken his coat. The food was good and his Pokemon had been given massages. His bed had the best pillows and blankets on it, and the bathroom had smelled lovely. He knew he shouldn't have been surprised - it was what a person of his status should expect. However, his travelling the couple of weeks before he left had made him forget about the luxuries the rich had.

He had spent the majority of the ship ride in his room, with his Pokemon. He was still getting to know most of them, and he had tried to let the scary one out of its ball. He hadn't succeeded. He heard a deep voice over the intercom and found they would be arriving in Hoenn soon. He took a deep breath and pet Runt, who he always kept out with him. "There's no going back now, little guy. We're stuck together from here on out." The Growlithe barked and hopped on his lap, licking his face while his tail wagged. James laughed and let Runt lay in his lap, then looked at the clock over the door and bit his lip. He would be alone in a new region in less than an hour. He felt nervous and excited, but he mostly felt nervous.

~~~

"And this is the last of your luggage, Mr. Sterling." The attendant set James' bag on the dock, than tipped his hat and smiled. "We of the S.S. Aqua welcome you to the Hoenn Region! We hope you had a pleasant ride and hope you'll consider using our services again." He smiled once more and James gave a fake smile back. The attendant then turned and went to help someone else, and James picked up his suitcase and bag. He put his bag on while his suitcase leaned against his leg, then he scanned the dock and frowned. He had forgotten what city he was in.

"Great start to this adventure." He mumbled, looking down at Runt. "Let's go." He spoke quietly and nodded towards the opening, then grabbed his suitcases handle and followed after his Pokemon. He heard someone yell about some trainers in the water, but he simply glanced at who had shouted and shrugged it off. He would see what all the fuss was about soon, anyways.

He paused near the opening and took a deep breath. He didn't know where he was. He was alone in a new region. He couldn't call his parents and ask to come back home if he got scared. He didn't know anyone in this region, and no one knew him. They wouldn't show him the respect and courtesy he was used to back at home. He furrowed his eyebrows, then saw Runt come trotting over to him and exhaled. He wasn't completely alone, he supposed. He still had his Pokemon.

He knelt down and pet under Runt's chin, smiling at the small puppy. He heard someone shout something that sounded like a warning and he looked up, paling immediately. A huge wave towered over the pier and people were running like their lives depended on it. He looked down at Runt and saw his small Pokemon looked terrified. He looked back at the wave, then scooped the Growlithe up and ran as fast as he could away from the water. He was too late, however, and he felt the pressure from wave knock him off his feet. It took him under and tossed him carelessly around, but he kept his hold on his Pokemon tight. He caught a glimpse of the railing and braced for impact, but let out a grunt when his back hit against it. He covered his mouth and coughed, the water in his lungs making him very uncomfortable. He wheezed and coughed once more, this time getting the water completely out of his lungs, then he looked around and saw several other people had been knocked off their feet and tossed around.

He heard Runt whine and he looked down at his Pokemon, then let his head rest against the Growlithe's wet fur. "At least you didn't get hurt." He whispered. He took a moment to let his heart calm down, then he inhaled some fresh air and looked around once more. Was that what this region was like? Did they have tidal waves all the time? Had somebody caused it? He frowned and saw people were gathering around the soaking wet people, then his frown turned into a scowl and he stood. His Growlithe whined again and he set him down, then looked at the person who was coming towards him. "What the HELL was that?! What the HELL just happened?!" He was pissed. "Is this what happens to people who arrive here? Do they get knocked off their feet and bashed around in a tidal wave as a greeting?" The person tried to get close to him, but he stepped away from them and glared. "Do not touch me, you plebeian." He hissed, stepping away again. "I demand answers. I demand to know what happened to me and my Pokemon. What happened to my luggage? Did it get washed away? Is it lost forever? No, that does not matter this moment. Tell me what happened and I won't press any charges. Does this region even have charges?" He ran his hand through his dripping wet hair and turned away from the people who were gathering around him. "I know nothing about this region and it attacks me as soon as I step foot in it." He felt a warm liquid on his fingertips and pulled his hand away, nearly gagging when he saw blood on them. "And I'm injured. This just keeps getting better and better."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back